RG R3: Murray def. Berrer 6-2 6-3 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG R3: Murray def. Berrer 6-2 6-3 6-2

Tutu
05-28-2011, 12:34 PM
*That* was quite hilarious. Rolled his ankle just a little, acted like he got shot at close range by a shotgun.

Meanwhile, Berrer is the most useless player on the planet.

finishingmove
05-28-2011, 12:34 PM
:spit:

but you mean 'talented' berrer

Sean.
05-28-2011, 12:35 PM
Impressive post-injury from Murray. :yeah:

Wish he was more aggressive more often!

jmjhb
Heroic effort by Braveheart Murray.

Berrer, however, was atrociously bad. He should probably retire from tennis after that embarrassment.

MIMIC
Yay Djoker & del Po finally start again :rocker2:

Clydey
Typical post from you, Tutu. What an idiot.

Guga_fan
Murray was clearly injured out there, hope it doesn't trouble him next match.

Berrer played lika a complete clown after Andy's injury.

solowyn
Berrer seems like a nice chap but what a dumb third set. He ended up being the one chasing down the limpers balls (Murray was firing on literally every shot, to be fair).

Hopefully Muzz was just being cautious on his ankle before getting it seen to properly.

STUHL
Berrer is a kind man. Problem is he was to kind. He didn't want to hurt Murray more and thats what lost him the MAtch!

martyn
05-28-2011, 12:36 PM
Murray outspartaning Nadal.

Some outrageous winners against an albeit useless opponent.

Regenbogen
As a Murray fan, I am full of appreciation for Berrer.

Orka_n
Huh. Never thought I'd say this about a Murray win, but this is actually good for the game... now that Dolgo is out at least.

careergrandslam
berrer is just below the level of play of rafa in this tournament.

Topspindoctor
Berrer you old mug, losing to this male Wozniacki. Mugray being his usual drama queen over a minor ankle twist. He should retire and devote his life to topspin 4, no risk getting "injured" there...

NikolaBGD
05-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Berrer is disgrace for the game...

Congrat Murray, play good most of the match.

paseo
05-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Apparently, Murray was in a hurry to finish the match. Not even a foot injury can stop him.

Andy Murray in a hurry to beat Berrer and then back United in Champions League final

Andy Murray will hope to race through to the French Open fourth round on Saturday and then settle down to give his support to Manchester United in the Champions League final.

The world No 4 will set aside his affinity to Barcelona, where he used to live, out of his love for English football, respect for Sir Alex Ferguson and a desire to quieten down a few of his friends.
Andy Murray

In a rush: Andy Murray is hoping to make light work of Germany's Michael Berrer

Before that he will have to focus on beating German left-hander Michael Berrer, the world No 95, to secure a place in the last 16 at Roland Garros for the third consecutive year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1391686/Andy-Murray-hurry-beat-Berrer-Manchester-United-Champions-League-final.html#ixzz1NeN5cRAa

Clydey
05-28-2011, 12:39 PM
Berrer you old mug, losing to this male Wozniacki. Mugray being his usual drama queen over a minor ankle twist. He should retire and devote his life to topspin 4, no risk getting "injured" there...

I wonder how you get through the day while being able to avoid getting punched in the face. You really are one of the most hateful people I've ever encountered.

Okram04
Berror

Juanes
i am asking now, how could this sucky Berrer win first two rounds....

he was not even able to take one set against injured Murray...... :lol: sooooo bad, so bad..... damn he had no brain .... even did not try to use drop shots or something like that..... damn brainless.... i wanted Murray to lose, but sucky Berrer was damn useless....

Globetrotter
Kudos to Murray, played well whole match. I was really impressed by his gameplay and attitude after the injury, he was mentally there and went for the shots although he clearly had problems with his movement. Berrer on the other hand was just abysmal in the last two sets. Of course it's not easy to play against an injured opponent, but he just folded like a tent, especially after losing the second set. After Murray seemed to be injured I was afraid Berrer would score a fluke win and get into the 4th round, but he just missed this big chance.

ballbasher101
05-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Impressive post-injury from Murray. :yeah:

Wish he was more aggressive more often!

Well said. Murray on one leg> Murray on 2 legs. Love it when he is aggressive. That is the Murray everyone wants to see.

Tutu
05-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Typical post from you, Tutu. What an idiot.
Takes one to know one. :wavey:

Anyway, I'm not saying he didn't injure himself. But he barely went over it. Even the commentators were saying it was nothing. I mean even when Golovin crushed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxY_fBNWD0I#t=18m41s) her ankle, her reaction wasn't as dramatic as Murray's.

Gagsquet
05-28-2011, 12:42 PM
Murray: recover well. You have to school the tennis disgrace.

born_on_clay
Murray wasn't running any more and still Berrer couldn't do anyting
Utter crap from Berrer. He should retire

delboy
muzza was injured ffs you only needed to see what happened. Berrer though :o The other way around and muzza would be dropshotting his way to victory. Berrer is useless.

tennishero
has there ever been such an easy draw for a top seed? really hope troicki ends this joke

emotion
05-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Berrer was so bad... Troicki has a shot vs injured Murray

henke007
05-28-2011, 12:47 PM
It was a nice gesture from Berrer to Gift the last set like he did.

Roadmap
05-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Your lover Nadull would love to be able to hit 40+ winners in three short sets of action while missing an ankle. The vast majority of times that moonballer calls a timeout nothing has happenned in the match to suggest an injury(for example against that German guy in the 4th round at Wimbie last year.)

Duncan
05-28-2011, 12:49 PM
*That* was quite hilarious. Rolled his ankle just a little, acted like he got shot at close range by a shotgun.

Idiots should be banned from started match threads.

Obviously never done your ankle before? :rolleyes:

zcess81
05-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Hahaha hilarious match! It perfectly illustrates the king of "opposition" Murray has in his half of the draw. Berrer was worse after Murray got injured. Hilarius stuff. Murray can play on one leg and he'll still reach semis of RG...his draw is the biggest joke I've seen in a while in grand slams. I give Murray credit for completing the match but, come on, Murray is never losing to the likes of Berrer, especially now that he knows he's got a life time opportunity of reaching RG semis without breaking a sweat.

zcess81
05-28-2011, 12:51 PM
has there ever been such an easy draw for a top seed? really hope troicki ends this joke

Troicki is Murray's bitch...no chance in hell he's beating Murray...even if Murray is injured.

Sham Kay
05-28-2011, 12:55 PM
Andy unveiling his real forehand after the injury. Looks like he just saves those for times of pain and Nadal..

Disappointed he isn't playing Dolgo, as a fan of the guy, but let's just hope the injury won't hamper him against the Serbian number 2 (oh gawd)

rofe
05-28-2011, 12:57 PM
All you idiots dismissing the ankle injury - I went through this last week. I rolled my ankle but the pain wasn't bad enough to stop play. Next day was worse and the ankle swelled up.

Murray will have to manage his pain and inflamation becuase it will get worse tomorrow. Hope he can.

rhinooooo
05-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Good job by Berrer, made sure to tank and keep Andy fresh for the sake of the game. Otherwise Troicki had a big shot at SF. Nice one Michi.

rocketassist
05-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Hello, what did I say would happen after Nadal defeated Andujar....

AnnaK_4ever
05-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Berrer is quite simply one of the most useless player I've ever seen. How he even wins matches at this level is beyond me.

Murray needs to get "injured" more often, that could be the only way for him to develop an attacking game.

Lopez
05-28-2011, 02:00 PM
Clayheart still on to face the King in the semis. Can Scotland break free? :rocker:

Jaz
05-28-2011, 02:13 PM
The cakewalk draw continues for Murray.

Sapeod
05-28-2011, 02:21 PM

Yeah, rolling your ankle while running at full speed is hilarious :stupid: Very funny, especially the amount of pain you go through when that happens :stupid: Idiot :stupid:

Gotta love the "Murray overreacted, he's not injured" bullshit in this thread. Idiots.

Murray battled through with the injury, good stuff. Very aggressive too. Hpefully, he recovers well from the ankle. Troicki can be very dangerous, though. Murray should be able to win anyway.

schorsch
05-28-2011, 02:27 PM

Did you watch the match :lol: ? He was firing on all cylinders today when his movement wasn't there... you know something that w:zzz: can't do even if her movement is there :spit:.

Sapeod
05-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Topspindoctor never watches matches...except Nadal matches.

rocketassist
05-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Topspinclown reminds me of the foul mouthed kid who always has his mouth washed out with soap.

your_valentine
05-28-2011, 02:59 PM
Topspintard is an idiot, ignore it :lol: His whole life revolves around Nadull - the real male Wozniacki :yawn:

Murray's injury is worrying. I hope it doesn't develop into anything serious. Would be a shame to lose him.

Topspindoctor
05-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Topspintard is an idiot, ignore it :lol: His whole life revolves around Nadull - the real male Wozniacki :yawn:

Murray's injury is worrying. I hope it doesn't develop into anything serious. Would be a shame to lose him.

Don't worry, next match he'll be running around like an energizer bunny. What a hero, this Scot. I bet he could win RG with both legs broken.

Sapeod
05-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Don't worry, next match he'll be running around like an energizer bunny. What a hero, this Scot. I bet he could win RG with both legs broken.
Like Nadal?

Roadmap
05-28-2011, 03:09 PM
The sooner Tennis is rid of sweaty pig Nadull the better. The tennis authourities had a duty to show us devout tennis fans a certain list belonging to a certain spanish doctor. Nadull has not 'won' (in the true sense of what that word means.) anything.

Topspindoctor
05-28-2011, 03:11 PM
The sooner Tennis is rid of sweaty pig Nadull the better. The tennis authourities had a duty to show us devout tennis fans a certain list belonging to a certain spanish doctor. Nadull has not 'won' (in the true sense of what that word means.) anything.

Sure thing, GlennMirniy. Keep up spewing your usual :bs:

FedFan
05-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Impressive win from Murray today. After the injury scare he played much more aggressive.

I liked it. Why can he not do it more often? Because he has the talent to do it.

Hopefully he can continue.

Tutu
05-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Idiots should be banned from started match threads.

Obviously never done your ankle before? :rolleyes:
I've torn ligaments in my ankle twice, actually. Which is why I found it so comical to watch him and his melodramatic reaction when it was clearly one of the injuries that you just walk off.

Sapeod
05-28-2011, 03:15 PM
I've torn ligaments in my ankle twice, actually. Which is why I found it so comical to watch him and his melodramatic reaction when it was clearly one of the injuries that you just walk off.
Different people have different pain reactions. I hardly react to pain. Murray obviously doesn't like it, AT ALL.

Topspindoctor
05-28-2011, 03:19 PM
Different people have different pain reactions. I hardly react to pain. Murray obviously doesn't like it, AT ALL.

Yeah, because he's a crybaby. I bet he'd ask for a trainer if he broke a fingernail :rolleyes:

martyn
05-28-2011, 03:20 PM

Great diagnosis Dr Tutu. Soft tissue injuries are clearly those you just walk off.

Sapeod
05-28-2011, 03:24 PM
Yeah, because he's a crybaby. I bet he'd ask for a trainer if he broke a fingernail :rolleyes:
He doesn't like getting injured and doesn't like the feeling of getting injured, what's wrong with that? At least he doesn't fake injury, like a certain someone we all know :)

Roadmap
05-28-2011, 03:25 PM
[QUOTE=Topspindoctor;11071853]Yeah, because he's a crybaby. I bet he'd ask for a trainer if he broke a fingernail :rolleyes:[/Q You must have been sleeping for Nadull's match against petschner at Wimbledon last year. Nadull should have been disqualified from tennis after that blatant cheating.

straitup
05-28-2011, 03:25 PM
Oh the trolling in here is so stupid

Convincing win against a guy I didn't expect to give him trouble. Should be tougher against Troicki but Andy matches up very well with him

Tom Paulman
05-28-2011, 03:27 PM
So much hate against Berrer :confused: Did everyone expect him to beat Murray in 3 sets or what? He's a fun player to watch and has a nice game, but he's never had good results on clay...

zcess81
05-28-2011, 03:37 PM
So much hate against Berrer :confused: Did everyone expect him to beat Murray in 3 sets or what? He's a fun player to watch and has a nice game, but he's never had good results on clay...

No, but I expected him to at least hold serve when Murray could hardly move.

AnnaK_4ever
05-28-2011, 04:54 PM
So much hate against Berrer :confused: He's a fun player to watch and has a nice game

Judging by today's match, he is a joke of a player and doesn't have a game at all.

your_valentine
05-28-2011, 05:48 PM

Like Nadal?

Beat me to it :lol:
You're questioning Murray's ankle problem. You're dumber than I thought :help: I bet if he broke his leg, you'd be calling him a faker.

safin-rules-no.1
05-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Murrayovic :rolleyes:

MIMIC
05-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Is it me, or does this guy look just like Gimmelstaub?

Allez
05-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Horrible injury. Not sure he can recover in enough time to put Troicki away :scratch:

safin-rules-no.1
05-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Horrible injury. Not sure he can recover in enough time to put Troicki away :scratch:

:spit: It's called acting.

MayerFan
05-28-2011, 06:52 PM

:haha:

Expected result.

MayerFan
05-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Judging by today's match, he is a joke of a player and doesn't have a game at all.

We're glad you decided to show your unending knowledge of tennis in this forum.

guga2120
05-28-2011, 07:10 PM
He's got an easier draw than Federer's 2009 draw, and now will not be able to take advantage of it. It seems from what he has said after the match his ankle is very bad.:(

Nathaliia
05-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Props to Murray for winning this on one leg. Speaks much of he class difference between the opponents btw.

syc23
05-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Murray could have thrown in the towel and retired like Djokovic used to but he decided to carry on which was gutsy and ultimately Berrer only had himself to blame that he didn't just played with the same level before his injury and drop shotted Murray at every opportunity.

GSMnadal
05-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I've had a couple bad ankle injuries myself, sometimes, even with a very bad injury, you can play on and it doesn't bother you that much. The day after is always the day that you can barely move it and realise what an idiot you were for playing on :p

Tomorrow will be judgement day for Andy.

Sunset of Age
05-28-2011, 08:59 PM
All you idiots dismissing the ankle injury - I went through this last week. I rolled my ankle but the pain wasn't bad enough to stop play. Next day was worse and the ankle swelled up.

Murray will have to manage his pain and inflamation becuase it will get worse tomorrow. Hope he can.

I've had a couple bad ankle injuries myself, sometimes, even with a very bad injury, you can play on and it doesn't bother you that much. The day after is always the day that you can barely move it and realise what an idiot you were for playing on :p

Tomorrow will be judgement day for Andy.

THIS.
Those mocking Murray for 'acting' obviously didn't see it happen. I heard he's having NMR taken on his ankle. I guess that is 'acting', too? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I just hope he'll be alright for his match against Troicki, fortunately he's got a day off of course - hope that will be enough...

guga2120
05-28-2011, 09:03 PM
He might have to go to the cortisone, after he treats it. Hopefully he can be close to fit.

Mungo
05-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Murray was lucky to play the track driver, he would have been in deep deep shit with a twisted ankle vs a decent player

tskimny
05-28-2011, 11:08 PM
That Berrer was a joke. How did that loser get to play at Roland Garros. Ailing Muray and Berrer could not hold his serve. What a joke!

Corey Feldman
05-28-2011, 11:15 PM
haters in here all got excited when Murray hurt the ankle, now all venting coz he won :lol:

tskimny
05-28-2011, 11:26 PM
The ankle twist didn't even look that bad even on slow motion, geez. Lots of acting. At worst, it is a mild sprain.

fast_clay
05-28-2011, 11:30 PM
with this win murray can finally be considered as part of the top bracket of clay courters...

Pipsy
05-29-2011, 01:33 AM
People in the UK should check out this interview http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/13584424.stm

Interestingly the interviewer says he asked Michael Berrer if he stopped playing drop shots after Murray injured his ankle in order to be a good sportsman. Apparently Berrer said he did. The interviewer asks Andy what he thinks about this. Murray says if he were in the other court he'd have tried to hit more drop shots and he thinks his aggressive play post-injury did not present as many opportunities for further drop shots as the first set and a half.

Thoughts? It's heartening yet disappointing if Berrer deliberately decided to stop playing those shots. For me, sportsmanship is all about playing the game fairly and in the best of spirits. Sure, show your concern for the other player injured but in a professional tournament (especially a Grand Slam) I think it's perfectly reasonable to play to exploit your opponents weaknesses. Otherwise do you say that in a 5-set match when one man is tired, the other shouldn't move the ball around the court in order to be fair?

Thoughts?

Elbarto
05-29-2011, 02:29 AM
don't forget that players can simulate fake injuries, in order to slow the momentum of an opponent ( medical time out ),

so you should play your normal game even if your opponent seems to have an injury, because if he is really injured he will stop and withdraw

Getta
05-29-2011, 02:30 AM
Murray, more a contender than he's ever been.

Ibracadabra
05-29-2011, 03:13 AM
a german lacking killer instinct, now i've heard it all

Roadmap
05-29-2011, 03:15 AM
a german lacking killer instinct, now i've heard it all

Nice sense of humour.:worship:

Jimnik
05-29-2011, 04:11 AM
Loved Murray's aggression following the injury. Much more enjoyable game style.

Mjau!
05-29-2011, 10:45 AM
Murray is injured!? :sad: OMG, Rafa is sooo lucky! :(