RG 2R: L. Rosol (Q) wins epic over J. Melzer (8), 6-7(4) 6-4 4-6 7-6(3) 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

RG 2R: L. Rosol (Q) wins epic over J. Melzer (8), 6-7(4) 6-4 4-6 7-6(3) 6-4

LocoPorElTenis
05-26-2011, 07:56 PM
The qualifiers continue kicking ass :worship:
Hilarious section of the draw now :rolls:
Melzer out of the top 10 (and Rodduck likely to get back in :lol:)

Tom Paulman
05-26-2011, 07:57 PM
How did Rosol become this good? I've watched him a couple of times before and he was either a choker, opportunity waster or error machine :eek:

Clydey
Rosol is angry at the world and he's taking it out on tennis balls.

bleu_cheese
:lol: :o

TennisOnWood
After Berdych, another great Top 10 player went to hell.. amazing French Open 2010 1/2's.. weren't it

Nathaliia
The Boy With The Dragon Tattoo

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/baby_nathii/tennisalternative/DSC04058.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb178/baby_nathii/tennisalternative/?action=view&current=DSC04058.jpg)

http://www.tennisalternative.com/szczecin-tennis-challenger-2010-thursday-friday-report-rn628.html

Wojtek
05-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Melzer and top 8 = joke

Chris Kuerten
4-1* Melzer in the fourth set :haha::haha::haha:

Filo V.
Jurgen looked injured the entire 5th set. With that said, he should have won the 4-4 game in the 5th. Rosol was choking and Jurgen just couldn't put points together. I knew that as soon as he lost the tiebreak in the 4th, he wasn't winning.

Action Jackson
05-26-2011, 07:59 PM
Dedicated to Filo, with all the crap he spews about Rosol.

Melzer had enough time to kill this one off. Rosol has weapons, they just don't always function went for it and got rewarded. Haha, carnage city this Roland Garros.

Tom Paulman
05-26-2011, 08:00 PM
Berdych, Almagro, Melzer. Strong Top 10, really :lol:

Filo V.
Rosol was choking but Melzer didn't let him finish the job. Which gave Rosol extra motivation. With that said, Rosol was better than Melzer really the entire match outside of some select moments. He was totally outhitting Melzer from the baseline. IF he can keep this type of form up, he's going to be pretty dangerous going forward, because he doesn't really have many weaknesses.

TennisOnWood
And brainless mug troicki is closer and closer to Top 10

KaiserT
Rosol, king of the ballbashers.

Sunset of Age
Oh man, too good. Let's make May 26 the official "Choker's Day" on RG. :worship:
Some of them lose... some win. It's all good.

Melzdown:

http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/large/lol-46383.jpg

Alex999
05-26-2011, 08:01 PM
oh boy, I'm speechless ...

Filo V.
Rosol was garbage until I guess this season. He wasn't much any time I watched him until lately, AJ. But he's improved his game so he deserves credit. We'll see if he can keep this level up for an extended period of time.

straitup
Epic win for Rosol...only saw the end but it was kinda weird. Rosol dumped serve in the 5th set in a lackluster fashion after a Melzer fist-pump on a net-cord gave him break point. And then Rosol won a long game for 5-4, then broke at love :lol:

Pirata.
05-26-2011, 08:02 PM
:facepalm:

ossie
05-26-2011, 08:02 PM
good to see some fresh blood for once

Action Jackson
05-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Rosol, king of the ballbashers.

Chardy and Tursunov are much higher up the food chain of ballbashers. Rosol has made the odd volley in his career.

Filo, you spoke tripe about Rosol, just like with Kubot and Andujar as well.

Voo de Mar
05-26-2011, 08:05 PM
Good charachter this Rosol :yeah:

I like his attitude and game-style, he should work on his 2nd serve (149 km/h is too slow for his height, even Safin, who had slow 2nd serve usually had over 150 km/h)

:yeah: to Melzer for not apologizing after a lucky net-cord which helped him to broke back in the 5th set... His first "the best of 5" loss being MP-up.

Agrajag
Only saw the from the fourth set breaker on. Both the serve and movement looked poor from Melzer. Probably his back acting out again. Should have wrapped it up earlier though.

Only Dolgo left i guess.

Filo V.
I spoke tripe about him because he was mediocre until this season, where he's improved his game. He wasn't that good before so I didn't see him as a legitimate good player. But he's really improved the sharpness on his ground shots, and his forehand is a lot better than before when he's not choking. He's also returning better.

He's now a legitimate top 100 talent so I'm happy for his results. If you prove to me you're a legit player I won't be against you.

Pirata.
05-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Murray's quarter :spit:

Orka_n
05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Jurgen :rolleyes:

iriraz
05-26-2011, 08:08 PM
I didn`t see the whole match,just the 5th set but from what i saw Melzer was really passive and hoping his lower ranked opponent will hand him the match with errors.If u just hope u will get the job done hoping for errors u deserve in a way to go out

Gagsquet
05-26-2011, 08:09 PM
The quarter-finalist of this section will be funny :superlol:
I bet on Chela. He did it before.

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Jurgen played passive I believe because he was injured. His game fell apart extremely rapidly, especially his serve and his movement was basically non-existent. I think his back must have given out on him, or some other physical ailment impacted his play. He was playing on adrenaline in that 5th set.

Action Jackson
05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
I spoke tripe about him because he was mediocre until this season, where he's improved his game. He wasn't that good before so I didn't see him as a legitimate good player. But he's really improved the sharpness on his ground shots, and his forehand is a lot better than before when he's not choking. He's also returning better.

He's now a legitimate top 100 talent so I'm happy for his results. If you prove to me you're a legit player I won't be against you.

You should like every player that ever played the game based on the above backtracking. You said he had no weapons that is tripe. He always had them didn't have the patience or aptitude to execute and might not be able to do so consistently. He has had a fine tournament and that's it.

philosophicalarf
05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Kubot and Fognini could be 2 of the qfs ......

timafi
05-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Juergen :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

MayerFan
05-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Melzer is a farce.

henke007
05-26-2011, 08:18 PM
Rosol you fkin legend. What a game, the Serve and the groundies on fire in the last set...

Melzclown out of the top 10 great for Tennis..

Björki
05-26-2011, 08:20 PM
:eek:

your_valentine
05-26-2011, 08:23 PM
Was it last year that Mugzer was in the semis? If so, then good he lost, fluke points coming off :D

finishingmove
05-26-2011, 08:25 PM
good for the game

melzer can finally relax now that his undeserved points are gone

Kworb
05-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Shame Jürgen couldn't take advantage of his cake draw. He has a back injury which is why he can't sit down for a long time and also why he's not playing doubles. It's a miracle he lasted this long, and to be honest he should even have won it cause he had plenty of chances.

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 08:29 PM
You should like every player that ever played the game based on the above backtracking. You said he had no weapons that is tripe. He always had them didn't have the patience or aptitude to execute and might not be able to do so consistently. He has had a fine tournament and that's it.

His rally groundstrokes were garbage shots. His forehand was at best average, his movement was between average and below average, and his second serve was a liability. He rallied from the baseline and didn't take advantage of his height much outside of his first serve. He's improved his game dramatically from what I saw from him last year. Now he has consistent pace on both the backhand and forehand. He's also moving better and coming to the net more.

I said that his baseline game was mediocre, and it was mediocre. But now, it's not mediocre. And he deserves credit for that.

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 08:30 PM
good for the game

Arsen, are you still angry over Nole's loss last year :lol:

finishingmove
05-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Arsen, are you still angry over Nole's loss last year :lol:

no :)

Li Ching Yuen
05-26-2011, 08:40 PM
His rally groundstrokes were garbage shots. His forehand was at best average, his movement was between average and below average, and his second serve was a liability. He rallied from the baseline and didn't take advantage of his height much outside of his first serve. He's improved his game dramatically from what I saw from him last year. Now he has consistent pace on both the backhand and forehand. He's also moving better and coming to the net more.

I said that his baseline game was mediocre, and it was mediocre. But now, it's not mediocre. And he deserves credit for that.

No I'm pretty sure he's the same player as before but just a bit more confident. Just like he won today he could have lost it in 4.

Time to eat crow and move on.

---

Yeah, Rosol is pretty much the challenger version of Chardy. But given their recent form, you can't tell which is which.:o

Action Jackson
05-26-2011, 08:45 PM

He's having an excellent year but he is still a ballbasher in essence, but you underrated him and now it's coming back to you.

jonathancrane
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Old Jurgen is back

Clydey
05-26-2011, 08:53 PM
He's having an excellent year but he is still a ballbasher in essence, but you underrated him and now it's coming back to you.

Take out the trash, AJ. Needs to be brought down a peg.

foul_dwimmerlaik
05-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Melzer out of the top 10 at last. Like clockwork.

Rosol's ballbashing makes Gabashvili look like a master tactician.

luie
05-26-2011, 09:08 PM
Weak top ten,,this era.

Henry Chinaski
05-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Incredible Melzdown.

Melzer led 4-1 30-15* in the fourth and missed a simple overhead that would have given him two points for the double-break.

he has back problems but he only has his brain to blame for this loss

Melzer conceded a Rosol ace that was called out on his first match-point. Surprised that hasn't been mentioned seeing as people still refer to Roddick doing the same to Verdasco in Rome in 05 or something.

In reality it just saves the umpire a trip from his seat so I don't know how sporting it really is but it's a nice gesture nonetheless

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 09:43 PM
Really??? Great :D
Filo V. is a bandwagoner.
good for the game

Undeserved?? He came back from 2-0 down to Djokovic. How the hell were his points undeserved?

Sonja1989
05-26-2011, 09:47 PM
http://m.blog.hu/fa/facepalmblog/image/facepalm2ic7copyrl2.jpg

Melzer, you biggest mug! You deserved that you out from top 10!!! :o

4-1* Melzer in the fourth set :haha::haha::haha:

And he had two MPs at 6-*5... then mini break in tie break etc...

Berdych is still top 10 player and Almagro and Melzer flown with this performance, deserved. :o

fast_clay
05-26-2011, 09:48 PM
crikey...

thats very shit...

Smoke944
05-26-2011, 09:52 PM
good for the game

Tool. :lol:

Not his fault Djokovic choked on his own **** after being two sets to love up and having many more opportunities :D

Voo de Mar
05-26-2011, 09:53 PM
And he had two MPs at 6-*5... then mini break in tie break etc...

Rosol showed guts on both match points, I like him for that :yeah:

Time Violation
05-26-2011, 09:58 PM

Troicki is on a mission to save tennis, his place in the top 10 is inevitable ;)

Sonja1989
05-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Rosol showed guts on both match points, I like him for that :yeah:

I know you love MPs. :kiss: ;)

Ibracadabra
05-26-2011, 10:13 PM
This tournament is ridiculous

finishingmove
05-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Tool. :lol:

Not his fault Djokovic choked on his own **** after being two sets to love up and having many more opportunities :D

this has something to do with djokovic?

MIMIC
05-27-2011, 12:41 AM
I knew Melzer was a fluke clown

ZaZoo)
05-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Rosol on a mission.

Hewitt =Legend
05-27-2011, 01:02 AM
It's funny when flyboy can't keep his emotions in check over a tennis match and when it comes back to bite him, he can't handle it.

Good stuff Rosol, he's improved a lot this year and the groundies are finding the mark more consistently...

philosophicalarf
05-27-2011, 02:03 AM
Melzer had no chance of doing anything this event - the back was still an issue last week, last match and again today.

He's not been healthy in months, one thing or another.

eduggs
05-27-2011, 03:46 AM

When the top players always win, people complain that there is no depth in the game. And then when the top players fall, they call it a weak era and complain about clowns at the top. No matter what, the players will be criticized :shrug:

The truth is that not much separates 10 from 50 (or really even 150) in the rankings or in their tennis. The rankings reward consistency, but even good players lose almost half of their matches. It is unreasonable to expect a player to play his best every match.

Yves.
05-27-2011, 07:33 AM
Very cool match. Rosol is a very entertaining shot maker and a great server :yeah:

dombrfc
05-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Take it Chela.

Chiseller
05-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Melzer had no chance of doing anything this event - the back was still an issue last week, last match and again today.

He's not been healthy in months, one thing or another.

This.

Filo V.
05-28-2011, 01:44 AM
No I'm pretty sure he's the same player as before but just a bit more confident. Just like he won today he could have lost it in 4.

Time to eat crow and move on.

---

Yeah, Rosol is pretty much the challenger version of Chardy. But given their recent form, you can't tell which is which.:o

His confidence has improved his game. This wasn't his game even last year. He wasn't nearly this good nor this potent off the ground. I've seen him play like 20 times. He's hitting the ball authoritative on a consistent basis and that's something I've never seen from him, when I saw him, he would hit standard shots with some big backhands mixed in and was a majority serve player. I like it, though, I'm liking the way he's playing, he's not like other guys who aren't really top 100 players, he's got a good game, if he can actually keep this up for more than one event.

Filo V.
05-28-2011, 01:47 AM

True, I did underrate him, you're right. I didn't think he had this ability at all based on the matches I saw of him, so I rated him based on what I saw of him, which was pretty much mediocre. But he's proven me wrong and really hit the ball very hard, cleanly and relatively consistently and also moving/footwork is much better than I've ever seen from him. I guess that shows what confidence can do for a player, as well as more maturity.