Roland Garros R2: Bolelli beats himself, loses to Murray 6-7(3) 4-6 5-7 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros R2: Bolelli beats himself, loses to Murray 6-7(3) 4-6 5-7

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Simone Bolelli def. Simone Bolelli 6-7(3) 4-6 5-7

Orka_n
05-26-2011, 03:23 PM
Dude's a disgrace.

Deathless Mortal
05-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Bolelli is such a choker and he is awful on big points :o

Johnny Groove
Bolelli had a chance here.

superandy88
Absolutely pathetic from Simone.

Sean.
Entertaining match, from a Murray fan's perspective. :)

rocketassist
Knew when I seen the thread title it would be started by you.

Bolelli is one streaky talent, and definitely an underachiever.

Fujee
Much harder than the straight sets suggests, real tussle out there, Bolelli had the game but not the heart to grasp it. Murray unimpressive really.

misty1
what a joke of a match

murray really should not have won ins straights..and possilky even at all

bolelli served for sets 1 and 3:rolleyes:

the sooner murray goes down playing like this the better

orangehat
05-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Danger Ehren thinking Bolelli would win 4-5 games :spit:

Bolelli won 15 games choking like hell :rolls:

martyn
Conditions awful, Murray rusty and in defensive mode. Lucky to get through in straights but he will improve if thr weather does.

solowyn
Muggy. Turn your eyes away at 5*-3...

misty1
bolelli, if he was not such a choker would have won this match today, no question

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Pretty much should have been a straight sets victory, ends up being a straight sets loss. So ridiculous.

At least everyone now knows what I've had to put up with as a fan for these past few years.

Libertango
Absolutely hilarious.

:help:

Roamed
Would have been bad for Murray had he lost this. However it's even worse for Bellucci that he couldn't even close out at least one of the sets :o

GHETTOTENNIS
05-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Unreal chokejob

Jomp1
Bolelli severely lacks testicular fortitude.

misty1
Would have been bad for Murray had he lost this. However it's even worse for Bellucci that he couldn't even close out at least one of the sets :o

..you mean bolelli

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Make no mistake. Simone 2008 would have won this match clearly. Murray didn't do anything outside of serving well on big points and basically kept the ball in. Simone ejected himself from the match. He lost the match. He was the better player today and failed to deliver.

Duncan
05-26-2011, 03:29 PM
The haters :facepalm:

asmazif
Mental giant this Bolelli. Honestly... :rolleyes:

Murray was very average.

Sunset of Age
I only saw the tail end of the 3rd set, and that looked like WTA tennis. :help:
Congrats, Muzza! Don't forget to send a christmas card to Bolleli at the end of this year, eh?

rocketassist
Make no mistake. Simone 2008 would have won this match clearly. Murray didn't do anything outside of serving well on big points and basically kept the ball in. Simone ejected himself from the match. He lost the match. He was the better player today and failed to deliver.

Partly true, but he did hit some big backhands on big points.

It was a close one in Madrid 2009 too.

Sophocles
05-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Boy did Murray make a meal of this! Let's hope he's got his obligatory shit-match-at-every-slam out of the way now.

misty1
its another one of the losses, like marsel's yesterday

does it drive the guy who lost into a slump knowing that he had so many chances and blew them all or does it pump them up knowing how close they were to a huge win

Nole Rules
Simone is so talented. Shame he has no brain.

Orka_n
05-26-2011, 03:31 PM
The haters :facepalm:It was a poor quality tennis match though.

Sham Kay
I didn't see him beat himself near the end of each set. I just saw Bolelli losing to the better player *shrug*

misty1

okay sit there and defend a guy who won largely because of his opponents chokes

rhinooooo
05-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Awful match

Li Ching Yuen
Volandri and Bolelli's nutsacks put together don't make up for the size of a tennis ball.

Roadmap
This Murray has such a nice, friendly and charming personality on court. Great to see.

Champion number 1
Bolelli beat himself

However I think it's a good thing. The tennis ability is there and more and more he is improving. I hope he plays a challenger next week to get more points on the board. He will be top 100 soon.

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Bolelli should have won a set yeah, the way Murray played today (plain awful to be honest) .. saying Bolelli would have taken 3 sets is ludicrous at best.

tennishero
isnt this how murray wins most of his matches?

at least we know he probably never win a slam let alone RG.

Sapeod
Pretty much should have been a straight sets victory, ends up being a straight sets loss. So ridiculous.
What? Are you for real? Do you know how absurd and ridiculous that sounds :stupid: In no universe should Bolelli have won in straights, you fool.
At least everyone now knows what I've had to put up with as a fan for these past few years.
Please, he was never winning this. He played rather well, but he was never winning.

I underestimated Bolelli it seems, he played quite well, but was never good enough. Murray was okay, and fought through it, but that is not GREAT form. He will be against Clement next round, it seems, so another easy match before his form needs to pick up. I have faith in Andy, he will defend his points and will also raise his form.

rhinooooo
05-26-2011, 03:34 PM

Yeah, pretty much the only thing going for Muzza was the BH down the line. Bolelli's movement to the forehand side was atrocious against that shot. Should have used it more.

Filo V.

Murray started hitting the backhand a lot better at the end of all the sets really. When he needed to do so, he stepped up his level. That's the major difference between the lower ranked players and the best in the game.

rocketassist

Happens with every top player in this era not just Murray. They get outplayed for long spells, opponent chokes.

Champion number 1
05-26-2011, 03:35 PM
Lol at people defending Murray. I'd be a bit worried he was twice returning to stay in the set and largely got the better because the opponent has no confidence right now. As Filo said if Simo was confident, Murray would have lost. The first in-form opponent Murray meets, he will lose.

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
You're obviously forgetting the entire point of professional sport. You get the job done, whatever way you can. Murray won in straight sets, what his opponent did (or didn't do) isn't his problem. Sore fans of the other player aren't his problem either.

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
He's not Djokovic...
isnt this how murray wins most of his matches?

at least we know he probably never win a slam let alone RG.
But he will :confused:

Nole Rules
05-26-2011, 03:37 PM
I love Andy but honestly this match was on Simone's raquet.

chalkdust
Murray never seems to play that well when it's cold and windy. You'd have thought he'd be used to it in Scotland.

He has got to be pretty relieved to get through this in straights. Bolelli has big weapons off the ground, but is strangely inconsistent.

Sham Kay
Lol at people defending Murray. I'd be a bit worried he was twice returning to stay in the set and largely got the better because the opponent has no confidence right now. As Filo said if Simo was confident, Murray would have lost. The first in-form opponent Murray meets, he will lose.
I'll admit, at this point, the way Murrays playing.. if he doesn't improve you are absolutely correct.

Orka_n
I underestimated Bolelli it seems, he played quite well, but was never good enough.He served for 2 of the 3 sets. That is called being "good enough" to us normal people. Simone's mentality is on par with a frog, but his tennis was overall better than Murray's today. Andy didn't implode on the important points though and that alone gave him the win.

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 03:38 PM
its another one of the losses, like marsel's yesterday

does it drive the guy who lost into a slump knowing that he had so many chances and blew them all or does it pump them up knowing how close they were to a huge win

Marsel is a fighter and Simone is not.

With that said, even though Simone largely continues failing, the fact he almost beat Murray, almost beat Cilic a while ago, and did win a challenger and has won a few matches of late, should at the very least show him he can perform at the top level, and he's being more consistent in at least hanging in with good players. We'll see if he can translate it in challengers.

misty1
05-26-2011, 03:39 PM
What? Are you for real? Do you know how absurd and ridiculous that sounds :stupid: In no universe should Bolelli have won in straights, you fool.

Please, he was never winning this. He played rather well, but he was never winning.

I underestimated Bolelli it seems, he played quite well, but was never good enough. Murray was okay, and fought through it, but that is not GREAT form. He will be against Clement next round, it seems, so another easy match before his form needs to pick up. I have faith in Andy, he will defend his points and will also raise his form.

nother easy match hey? just like this one?

rocketassist
05-26-2011, 03:39 PM
Bolelli has a top 20 game as flyboy said. Mental strength is clearly the issue.

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
How can you guys say that? How can you that Bolelli would've won? It's a 5 set slam, Bolelli would never stay with Murray long enough to win. You and Filo V. are being ridiculous and exaggerating what Bolelli "could've" done.

Clydey
05-26-2011, 03:40 PM
This thread and the live commentary thread is filled with idiots. Absolutely no tennis talk whatsoever. Just bitching and non-stop hating. Utterly embarrassing.

With that said, Word Life should be equally embarrassed for creating that stupid pre-match thread.

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Marsel is a fighter and Simone is not.

With that said, even though Simone largely continues failing, the fact he almost beat Murray, almost beat Cilic a while ago, and did win a challenger and has won a few matches of late, should at the very least show him he can perform at the top level, and he's being more consistent in at least hanging in with good players. We'll see if he can translate it in challengers.
Almost beat Murray, yet he lost in straights? Do you read what you post?

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Bolelli should have won a set yeah, the way Murray played today (plain awful to be honest) .. saying Bolelli would have taken 3 sets is ludicrous at best.
Not really, since Simone was better than Murray for like 70% of the match and had clear opportunities to win all three sets.

rocketassist
Andujar just beat himself too...

Duncan
It was a poor quality tennis match though.

Granted.

Haters still out in force though.

misty1
How can you guys say that? How can you that Bolelli would've won? It's a 5 set slam, Bolelli would never stay with Murray long enough to win. You and Filo V. are being ridiculous and exaggerating what Bolelli "could've" done.

if bolelli would have taken sets 1 and 3 like he should have then i really do believe he soucld have won the match

murray was playing like crap the whole time and at no point did he show signs of picking it up

at the very least this should ahve been a 5 setter

you a fan of murray but wake up and realize he was lucky to come though in straights, against a mentally stronger player he wouldnt have

Clydey
05-26-2011, 03:43 PM

The better player in a tennis match always wins. You cannot look at Bolelli's good play and ignore his shocking errors. It was all part of the same performance. If he is going to take the cover off of every ball, expect him to make errors.

delboy
super bol could have had at least 2 sets if he had any balls :o:facepalm: awful match by both..

martyn
Had Bolelli won the 1st or 3rd sets, Murray still would have won in 4.

He didn't play great but had Bolelli actually won a set, Murray would have been forced to rouse himself to perform above 50%. As it was, he marginally improved his play towards the latter end of the sets, and ultimately did what he needed to.

Ad Wim
05-26-2011, 03:44 PM
O please. I like flyboy, but this is getting ridiculous. Can't the guy get a ban?

Duncan

A WIN IS A WIN

syc23
Maybe that was Murray's 'tricky match of the tournament' done. Conditions looked tough out there though but Bolelli lacked balls to close out the 1st set which could have changed things. He didn't and Murray took advantage. Simple.

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Hate to agree with Danger, but saying Bolelli "almost" won is hilarious.

It's cute how so many of you think being close to winning a set means he SHOULD have won the set. The facts are clear: Simone won no sets.. he was therefore amazingly far away from winning the match.

It was definately a tough match though, Simone is a very good player.

tennishero
05-26-2011, 03:45 PM
clement next :lol: i hadnt checked murray's draw but WOW what a joke, these players are barely winning matches in challengers.

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
if bolelli would have taken sets 1 and 3 like he should have then i really do believe he soucld have won the match

murray was playing like crap the whole time and at no point did he show signs of picking it up

at the very least this should ahve been a 5 setter

you a fan of murray but wake up and realize he was lucky to come though in straights, against a mentally stronger player he wouldnt have

"If" "should" "would" .. not going to work in tennis, deary.. Murray played like crap and still won.. doesn't help your point.

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 03:46 PM
Bolelli beat himself

However I think it's a good thing. The tennis ability is there and more and more he is improving. I hope he plays a challenger next week to get more points on the board. He will be top 100 soon.

He's playing Prostejov next week.

Since he keeps losing close matches all of the time, I don't think he's going to completely collapse as a player again. He needs to win a close match against a good player. If/when he does that, his mental block and fear will evaporate. He's closing in on the top 100 but he does have Turin to defend, that's like 110 points.

If he gets his confidence up to even an average level he will start winning on a consistent basis. The big question is how will he perform on a lesser stage.

rocketassist
05-26-2011, 03:48 PM
clement next :lol: i hadnt checked murray's draw but WOW what a joke, these players are barely winning matches in challengers.

Clement has beaten Murray in a slam before.

;)

philosophicalarf
05-26-2011, 03:48 PM
All about the wind. Murray can't handle - he's already struggling for movement and timing on clay, throw in the wind and it completely messes with his aggressive timing, and neuters the effectiveness of his defence against anyone with weapons.

Should be noticed that Murray actually hit more baseline winners than Bolelli.

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 03:49 PM
Bolelli didn't win any sets. Therefore, I fail to see how he almost beat Murray.

misty1
there's obviously no point in trying to talk to murray fans because they are incredibly blind

they cant even admit it when he gets lucky

tennishero
Maybe that was Murray's 'tricky match of the tournament' done. Conditions looked tough out there though but Bolelli lacked balls to close out the 1st set which could have changed things. He didn't and Murray took advantage. Simple.

tricky? its a grand slam do you expect murray to win RG by beating prodons and clements?

tennishero
05-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Clement has beaten Murray in a slam before.

;)

the guy is old, injured and out of form... wouldnt surprise me if he retires soon.

MaxPower
Just shows how hard it is to take a set from that type of player. Murray keeps pushing and asking the questions. Bolelli playing better tennis but failing to step up at the deciding moments. Seen that so many times now. Probably gonna see it in the Andujar/Nadal match too

Sapeod
there's obviously no point in trying to talk to murray fans because they are incredibly blind

And how on Earth is he lucky? He won in straight sets, ffs :help:

It was because of Murray that Bolelli got into the position of serving for two sets.

Also, the thread title is a joke, as usual.

Start da Game
some of the cleanest ball striking blended with uber choking and directionless progress = simon bolelli.......murray was a joke feeding fully on bolelli's clowning around.......dolgopolov will take out this trash in the 4th round.......

chalkdust
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Let's talk about tennis!

My observations on the match:

1. Murray seemed to be getting pushed back a long way behind the baseline, and he doesn't seem to have the weight of shot to hang in rallies from back there.

2. His technique on the forehand side seems a bit strange. He sort of jumps a bit when he tries to hit a top spin forehand, and just loops it quite slowly with variable depth. Why doesn't he have a ripper of an inside-out forehand a la Djokovic or Bolelli?

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 03:52 PM

I'd admit it if he got lucky. All you're doing is making assumptions based on the fact that Bolelli was playing better. The point of tennis is to actually win the big points and wait for it.. win sets (psst 3 sets), which even if he had won one, the situation may have changed (see? I can assume too).. all of which you obviously don't seem to understand.

misty1
05-26-2011, 03:53 PM

It was because of Murray that Bolelli got into the position of serving for two sets.

he's lucky because of the massive choke jobs of bolelli in sets 1 and 3

a mentally stronger player would have been able to serve them out

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 03:54 PM

He didn't play anywhere near well. He played below average, and was kept in the match because Murray played very substandard. He clearly had opportunities to win all of the sets. It wasn't even that Simone wasn't good enough. Simone failed to deliver even though he put himself in winning positions and Murray stepped up when need be, which he deserves credit for.

Sonja1989
Hard match for Murray.

Congrats to Bolelli, he played really well.

misty1
I'd admit it if he got lucky. All you're doing is making assumptions based on the fact that Bolelli was playing better. The point of tennis is to actually win the big points and wait for it.. win sets (psst 3 sets), which even if he had won one, the situation may have changed (see? I can assume too).. all of which you obviously don't seem to understand.

i understand perfectly fine

Clydey
05-26-2011, 03:55 PM
It amazes me how stupid the majority of MTF are. You cannot judge a performance based on a player's good points. So no, Bolelli did not play the better tennis. He hit around 50 UEs. Should we just ignore that?

Orka_n
05-26-2011, 03:56 PM

Also, the thread title is a joke, as usual.Why don't you be quiet for once, mr. 4-5 Games.

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 03:56 PM
To be honest, Bolelli was "lucky" that Murray was playing so badly, otherwise he wouldn't have been so close to winning a set or two and would instead have got thrashed..

See? You might think I'm being harsh, but this is exactly how some of you are speaking. Complete assumption-fest this thread.

philosophicalarf
05-26-2011, 03:59 PM
Bolelli needed the first set - the match was over after that, Murray found the right mixture for the conditions.

Murray just got lazy final set, after missing triple bp the previous game and donating away a break. Bolelli serves for set, Murray rips a few winners and takes it back.

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Aside from the normal stuff of disagreements and heated debating between people with differing points of views (as fun as that is) Murray is not making the SF's based on this performance.

Needs to up the tempo.. I can already see the thread now if/when Murray loses.. not pretty, if this is how it is when he wins.. bwahahaha..

Filo V.
The better player in a tennis match always wins. You cannot look at Bolelli's good play and ignore his shocking errors. It was all part of the same performance. If he is going to take the cover off of every ball, expect him to make errors.

The better player always winning isn't quite true. Sometimes, the better player loses as they fail to deliver when chance to victory is in their hands. Simone obviously is as inconsistent as it gets, but he was the one making the plays. He was the one dictating the match result. So really Simone was the better and the worse player on the court today, since the match was really all about him.

xdrewitdajx
Bolelli definitely had chances, but that's what happens when you don't take them. Could have easily turned it into a 5-setter if he had been mentally tougher.

I wouldn't read too much into Murray's performance and what it means for his chances here; he's capable of raising his level if he needs to.

Filo V.
05-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Unfortunately Simone's bad outweighed his good. So he was worse enough in comparison to Murray to lose, but better enough to get to the position where he had a clear opportunity to win the match.

Clydey
05-26-2011, 04:05 PM
The better player always winning isn't quite true. Sometimes, the better player loses as they fail to deliver when chance to victory is in their hands. Simone obviously is as inconsistent as it gets, but he was the one making the plays. He was the one dictating the match result. So really Simone was the better and the worse player on the court today, since the match was really all about him.

That's part of tennis, though. If you can't close out the match for whatever reason, you were not the better player on the day. Just because you have an opportunity to serve for a couple of sets or even a match, you do not have a divine right to win. If you don't produce, you are second best. It is that simple.

rocketassist
In terms of match-up, Dolgopolov and Melzer are more to Murray's liking than this one so I doubt he will be in such a deep hole as he was today should he face them.

Sapeod
he's lucky because of the massive choke jobs of bolelli in sets 1 and 3

a mentally stronger player would have been able to serve them out
Bolelli is lucky to have gotten into that position anyway. Had Murray not played subpar, Bolelli wouldn't have gotten to the position of serving for sets.
Why don't you be quiet for once, mr. 4-5 Games.
No, I will not, actually :)

Sham Kay
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I believe that would count towards how well you played.. the fact that Simone played so inconsistently and failed to deliver when it mattered, while Murray took his opportunities was what made Murray the better better.

It's like the Murray-Djoker match, Murray should have won, but Djoker was more clutch and was the better player when it went to the wire at the end.. even though he wasn't playing that well Djoker had the edge.

delboy
05-26-2011, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't read too much into Murray's performance and what it means for his chances here; he's capable of raising his level if he needs to.

true. he will step up when he needs to.

mystic ice cube
05-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Bolleli did well, but Murray did enough to win the match. Some of you people are hilarious. "Bolelli beat Bolleli", he did himself proud against a tough opponent, just ran out of steam in the end.

Action Jackson
05-26-2011, 04:10 PM
It amazes me how stupid the majority of MTF are. You cannot judge a performance based on a player's good points. So no, Bolelli did not play the better tennis. He hit around 50 UEs. Should we just ignore that?

Thick legs too good.

Filo V = drama queen.

superandy88
05-26-2011, 04:10 PM
Bolelli choked away the first set, when Murray was playing horribly, serving for it at 5-4 30-15 where he made 3 absurd errors.
In the third Murray played well in the last 3 games... not really chokinf from Simone aparrrt from serving really baddly (during the whole match though he served bad).

Clydey
05-26-2011, 04:11 PM
Thick legs too good.

Filo V = drama queen.

Legs made of granite, heart made of clay.

BAMOS!

superandy88
05-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Bolelli is lucky to have gotten into that position anyway. Had Murray not played subpar, Bolelli wouldn't have gotten to the position of serving for sets.

Bolelli played below average too, so Murray was lucky that Simone was not inspired. :rolleyes:

Start da Game
05-26-2011, 04:17 PM
That's part of tennis, though. If you can't close out the match for whatever reason, you were not the better player on the day. Just because you have an opportunity to serve for a couple of sets or even a match, you do not have a divine right to win. If you don't produce, you are second best. It is that simple.

that is all obvious knowledge but bolelli lost this match more on his own terms than murray winning it from him.......i think that's what flyboy's conveying here.......this type of tennis won't take murray very far, he will lose to dolgopolov or melzer.......

philosophicalarf
05-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Bolelli choked away the first set, when Murray was playing horribly, serving for it at 5-4 30-15 where he made 3 absurd errors.
In the third Murray played well in the last 3 games... not really chokinf from Simone aparrrt from serving really baddly (during the whole match though he served bad).

I'll go with that.

Hard serving conditions out there. Constant wind, then gusty, then calm, then blast out of nowhere, then sandstorm. Sometimes it was just comic, Bolelli at one point went for a dropshot, looked good, then halfway to the net just ..... stopped. Ended in the bottom of the net.

Murray had 7dfs for the same reason. That was probably a calculated risk he was happy with, they were sitting up a hell of a lot otherwise so had to go for more. Soderling did the same thing.

Clydey
05-26-2011, 04:20 PM
that is all obvious knowledge but bolelli lost this match more on his own terms than murray winning it from him.......i think that's what flyboy's conveying here.......this type of tennis won't take murray very far, he will lose to dolgopolov or melzer.......

That's the difference between Murray and someone like Bolelli. Andy can change his game.

I'm sure he'll be hoping for better weather too.

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Bolelli played below average too, so Murray was lucky that Simone was not inspired. :rolleyes:
Had he been inspired, Murray would've raised his game even more for the challenge. No matter what Bolelli did, he was never winning.

Benny Blanco
05-26-2011, 04:50 PM

The Elephant man was so lucky,he had an opponent with absolutely no balls.Well,hopefully Troicki will play against the Elephant Man in 4th round and will send him home,back to his cage.

l_mac
05-26-2011, 04:53 PM
Muzza :rocker2:

:haha:

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 04:54 PM
The Elephant man was so lucky,he had an opponent with absolutely no balls.Well,hopefully Troicki will play against the Elephant Man in 4th round and will send him home,back to his cage.
Elephant Man? That's a bit harsh, Bolelli isn't that bad looking.

Clydey
05-26-2011, 04:57 PM
Muzza :rocker2:

:haha:

I guess I must be missing something.

:haha: does not constitute a knockdown argument.

unknowndiamond
05-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Such beautiful game from Bolelli. Just couldn't help but fall in love with him :hearts:
Too bad he lost though.

straitup
05-26-2011, 05:13 PM
I hope this fail of a result thread reaches 20 pages so I can read lots of the garbage in here.

Yes Bolelli may have had chances to win at least 2 of the 3 sets, but he doesn't have the mentality to do so, and so he didn't deserve to win. Simple as that.

Andy better step it up or he'll be packing

Helevorn
05-26-2011, 05:19 PM
http://cicliegann.finanza.com/files/2011/03/risata.gif

Mr. Oracle
05-26-2011, 05:24 PM
Although I was a little distracted by my computer when I watched this mugfest, it seemed that Bolelli was constantly taking it to Murray, and that Murray was playing his dull as death brand of pusher tennis. The constant complaining and agitation shows a player with little confidence in his abilities at the moment, one who will melt away playing a more consistent and mentally tougher player. Bolelli really did beat himself today. The straight set victory reflects Bolelli choking as opposed to Murray winning. Tennis lost today.

Benny Blanco
05-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Elephant Man? That's a bit harsh, Bolelli isn't that bad looking.

Yeah,you're right.It's totally and utterly unfair of me towards the Elephant Man to compare him to Andy Muggay.It's insulting for the Elephant Man.Damn,Andy Muggay,that's one really ugly SOB.

Mr. Oracle
05-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Yeah,you're right.It's totally and utterly unfair of me towards the Elephant Man to compare him to Andy Muggay.It's insulting for the Elephant Man.Damn,Andy Muggay,that's one really ugly SOB.

...like a red headed step child lol.

Sapeod
05-26-2011, 05:37 PM
...like a red headed step child lol.
Murray isn't ginger.

Chris Kuerten
05-26-2011, 05:42 PM
It pisses me off Murray has such a mug draw, this clown would lose to any decent player.

Allegretto
05-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Never any doubt that Scottish grit and determination would overcome some Italian clown who was probably too busy thinking about pizza and shanking people in the buttocks. Vamos.

l_mac
05-26-2011, 06:03 PM
I guess I must be missing something.

:haha: does not constitute a knockdown argument.

I wasn't arguing, I was laughing.

Mr. Oracle
05-26-2011, 06:18 PM
where are the clown's feet? only a face a mother could love.

steveo2810
05-26-2011, 06:49 PM
Murray was poor. He didn't handle the blustery conditions well at all and was playing far too tentatively. BUT, he played poorly and won. Something other players on here would get praised for.:lol:

Bolelli was impressive in patches, the guy definately has talent. But far too inconsistent and as others have mentioned not mentally strong enough.

Murray will improve though. I have no doubt about that.;)

zcess81
05-26-2011, 07:13 PM
WOW! This was WTA match at its finest! I mean, how many breaks of serve were there? Murray is one lucky f**k to be given such a generous draw. Generous is overstatement to say the least. I mean even with JOKE opponents he's BARELY winning...can't wait until he meets someone decent in SEMIS...oh, wait, Rafa also is a joke in this tournament so far...Lucky, lucky Murray.

Clydey
05-26-2011, 07:24 PM
WOW! This was WTA match at its finest! I mean, how many breaks of serve were there? Murray is one lucky f**k to be given such a generous draw. Generous is overstatement to say the least. I mean even with JOKE opponents he's BARELY winning...can't wait until he meets someone decent in SEMIS...oh, wait, Rafa also is a joke in this tournament so far...Lucky, lucky Murray.

Yep, he's barely winning in two consecutive straight sets matches.

You're making a lot of sense.

Vida
05-26-2011, 07:33 PM
with the way its going with nadal, Im tempted to put murray in the finals.

than again, I was never good at predictions.

Clydey
05-26-2011, 07:39 PM
with the way its going with nadal, Im tempted to put murray in the finals.

than again, I was never good at predictions.

I'm not even tempted to put either of them in the semis yet.

Lopez
05-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Yep, he's barely winning in two consecutive straight sets matches.

You're making a lot of sense.

You should post more here :sad:

Clydey
05-26-2011, 07:45 PM
You should post more here :sad:

So much stuff on my plate at the moment, I only really drop by during the majors. I may not feature in the year end contests.

Lopez
05-26-2011, 07:52 PM
So much stuff on my plate at the moment, I only really drop by during the majors. I may not feature in the year end contests.

Your fame will carry you :rocker:.

Sofonda Cox
05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Bolelli :smash:

guga2120
05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Andy played sh!t for the most part, but the conditions sucked, and he will have to get used to this crap ball. With his draw and he can play aggressive, I still think he is in the sf, and with Rafa right now, maybe the final.

zcess81
05-26-2011, 08:20 PM
WOW...so it's official...After Melzer lost today, only ONE Top 20 player (his bitch Troicki no.15) left in Murray's draw UNTIL SEMIS! :eek:...talk about luck. Murray could get to semis without having to play A SINGLE top 20 player. Murray should spend less time on court and more time in casinos.

DrJules
05-26-2011, 08:22 PM

Soderling could yet reach his third RG final.

Neither Murray nor Nadal look unbeatable.

DrJules
05-26-2011, 08:26 PM

10 breaks of serve between Murray and Bolelli, but fell short of Nadal and Andujar with 12 breaks.

zcess81
05-26-2011, 08:29 PM
10 breaks of serve between Murray and Bolelli, but fell short of Nadal and Andujar with 12 breaks.

True, that was WTA-ish, but at least there were some QUALITY shots here and there.

Mechlan
05-26-2011, 08:35 PM

Funny how people don't seem to get that. Just because you played more aggressively/beautifully/hit more winners etc. doesn't mean you were the better player. You could even win more points in a match and not be the better player. The better player on the day is *by definition* the player that won.

jadey
05-26-2011, 08:46 PM
yes Mechlan , but after reading this thread , I have come to the conclusion that MTF is full of idiots , seriously , if Murray had lost the same people would be posting the same shit with a different twist.

schorsch
05-26-2011, 08:49 PM

You know I like Murray a lot and I still hate the fact he has a fan like you... With that said... Of course Andy isn't lucky to have won in three sets with Bolelli having the chance of serving for sets, because if the same were to happen in a Nole match they'd be chokers and should have won the sets :hearts: Please stop following Andy and solely focus on Woz. She deserves somebody like you while Andy clearly doesn't :)

tennishero
05-26-2011, 09:13 PM
WOW...so it's official...After Melzer lost today, only ONE Top 20 player (his bitch Troicki no.15) left in Murray's draw UNTIL SEMIS! :eek:...talk about luck. Murray could get to semis without having to play A SINGLE top 20 player. Murray should spend less time on court and more time in casinos.

not even challenger draws are this easy :lol:

green25814
05-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Pretty sure the wind effected Murray today, his level always drops significantly in it.

FlameOn
05-27-2011, 12:52 AM
Pushed to death. :tears: I'm so surprised Bolelli's achieved nothing in his career...he has a very good game on clay. :confused:

Julio
05-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Bolelli : what a legend when he must finish a set.

henke007
05-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Here is for Muglelli serving for 2 sets and choking:haha::clap2:

Hope Junior or Troicki does a better job...

KaiserT
05-27-2011, 09:27 AM
This match was a pretty accurate summary of Bolelli's career.