Roland Garros: Andy Murray (4) vs. Simone Bolelli: How many games will Bolelli win??? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros: Andy Murray (4) vs. Simone Bolelli: How many games will Bolelli win???

Sapeod
05-24-2011, 11:43 PM
So, Andy's next match is against Simone Bolelli. The match with Prodon was alright, but he could play a lot better, He has a chance to demolish his opponent here.

1. Andy is one of the best returners out there.
2. Bolelli is not good at returning.

Andy's groundstrokes have more sting than Bolelli's, his movement is better, he is better at everything.

I fail to see Bolelli getting more games than Prodon did. Prodon had an unorthodox game in the first set which allowed him to get a few games. I think he'll get less. 4/5 games for Bolelli.

What do you think?

oranges
05-24-2011, 11:45 PM
Bolelli will trash him. Flyboy will faint with excitement.

Smoke944
05-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Bolelli's groundstrokes actually have more sting than Murray's but whatever, you can think what you want :lol:

Sapeod
05-24-2011, 11:50 PM
You have to be kidding, right? Murray can hit the ball much harder than Bolelli and he is a much stronger and more powerful player than Bolelli. Bolelli is a weak compared to Andy.

misty1
05-24-2011, 11:53 PM
filoV. almost has me believing that bolelli can win this

if he plays as well as he did against frank i think bolelli can get a set but i still think murray will win in 4

Snowwy
05-24-2011, 11:58 PM
I'm going with 18.

GSMnadal
05-24-2011, 11:58 PM
Don't know what to expect from this, so I expect to be surprised.

Nole fan
05-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Danger Ehren keeps delivering. What, I don't know. But he's on a roll. :haha:

Kiddo, it's too soon to be talking about how many games Murray will lose. Let's talk about matches first.

Filo V.
05-25-2011, 01:47 AM
A ton of games and about a 25%-35% chance at winning.

Ibracadabra
05-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Them all

TennisLurker
05-25-2011, 01:55 AM
http://thetennistimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/andy-murray-and-simone-bolelli.jpg

Murray does not look significantly stronger than Simone. And I doubt Simone hits his forehand with less pace than Andy.

Sham Kay
05-25-2011, 01:58 AM
Meh, disrespecting Murray's opponents.. pah.

Yeah well. Eh, it's getting to the stage where it'd be both funny and sad from my point of view if Murray lost, cause of these friggin fail threads.

Filo V.
05-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Lets do matchups:
Serve=Bolelli slightly. Murray has serve percentages between 45-58% constantly. Simone serves at high percentages and has pop on it, and a good second serve.

Forehands=Bolelli by a wide margin.

Backhands=Murray, Simone has a good but very inconsistent backhand.

Volleys=Murray bit a little bit. Better transition game.

Movement=Murray.

Returning=Very wide advantage for Murray. Simone does have a more aggressive return, however, more potential danger.

Overall offensive ability=Bolelli, especially on clay.

Overall defensive ability=Murray, but this advantage is decreased since this is clay.

When I look at it, I think it's going to come down to how consistent Simone is and how well Murray serves and if he's offensive. If Murray doesn't serve well, and his defensive or put on the defensive by Simone, Simone can win this match, definitely. Murray can't push and stroll in this match. He has to bring it.

Sham Kay
05-25-2011, 02:01 AM
On that note, I hope Simone takes Murray to 5.. just to shut the OP up. Okay that might be hoping for too much.

Buuut, Murray's got this easily enough, regardless of the above nonsense.

superandy88
05-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Bolelli will win like 10-12 games probably but he hits the ball twice as heavy and hard as Murray.
Bolelli's forehand is one of the bests on tour, and the backhand is good too.
It depends so much how Simone is playing tomorrow, he is sooo inconsistent.

Filo V.
05-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Simone hits the ball very, very pacey. Not overly powerful in terms of heaviness, but extremely pacey and fast, and he hits the ball deep too. He hits through the court easily. He has more pace on his forehand definitely than Murray. His backhand, when he goes for it, has more pace than Murray's.

misty1
05-25-2011, 02:03 AM
the seeded players have looked vulnerable in the early goings and with the way murray played today i think he would have lost if he was up against a decent player

i do think it would be funny if bolelli did pull off the upset, partly because of this thread

Satasonic
05-25-2011, 02:11 AM
Bolelli is a mug, but he is still better than Bogomolov Jr. or Donald Young. With that said, its important to note that this is a grandslam, and not a MM 1000. If Bolelli plays well he will get a set at most. I dont think this will happen though. Whats probable is that he will get more games than Prodon, and may take a set to a tiebreak.

Murray 6-4 6-4 6-1

Pipsy
05-25-2011, 02:21 AM
Both players are being too hyped up in this thread. Murray does not dominate Bolelli in every category. However, the intangibles mean that Ttere's no way Bolelli wins this match even 25% of the time for my money. I predict Murray to win in straight sets with 3 or 4 breaks of serve.

Sham Kay
05-25-2011, 02:37 AM
Both players are being too hyped up in this thread. Murray does not dominate Bolelli in every category. However, the intangibles mean that Ttere's no way Bolelli wins this match even 25% of the time for my money. I predict Murray to win in straight sets with 3 or 4 breaks of serve.
If the world were a better place, people would pay more attention to this guy as a fair, knowledgeable tennis fan and fan of Murray's, rather than all the wasted negative energy spewed on the OP.

Alas, this is not how the world spins. Maybe stupidity is secretly revered.. have to look into that..

Ehm, I digress. Murray wins, Bolelli doesn't etc.

Johnny Groove
05-25-2011, 02:45 AM
Bolelli could take a set.

syc23
05-25-2011, 07:39 AM
Rankings and slam performances do not lie. If so many are in the opinion that Bolelli is a better player than Murray then the guy should really be world no.3 :rolleyes:

Machiavelli
05-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Would be orgasmic if Bolellito could deliver for once in his career

Ukyo
05-25-2011, 07:42 AM
notice the rtd op MIA after few people said that murray has worse groundies than bolelli. danger lolhren out for blood.

ossie
05-25-2011, 07:50 AM
murray has been upset by lesser players..

The Magician
05-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Bolleli will win 0 games but will win the match when at 6-0 6-0 5-0 flyboy runs on the court and pulls a Günter Parche :help:

born_on_clay
05-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Bolelli will win 3 sets

DipSet
05-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Belolli takes one set but the Irish guy wins

Topspindoctor
05-25-2011, 09:48 AM
I hope Bolelli can send the ugly clown packing so you'd stop starting dumb topics like this.

Chris Kuerten
05-25-2011, 10:14 AM
4/5 games for Bolelli.:haha::haha::haha:

vn01
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
murray will lose 7-8 games. he'll win 6-2 6-3 6-3

Nole fan
05-25-2011, 11:12 AM
At least Andy cut his hair, that will give him the edge.

Filo V.
05-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Rankings and slam performances do not lie. If so many are in the opinion that Bolelli is a better player than Murray then the guy should really be world no.3 :rolleyes:

In terms of overall ability, especially on clay, they aren't that far apart at all in terms of talent.

Sham Kay
05-25-2011, 12:00 PM
In terms of overall ability, especially on clay, they aren't that far apart at all in terms of talent.
You're a dreamer, I'll give you that much.

steveo2810
05-25-2011, 12:09 PM

Are you for real?

steveo2810
05-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Anyway, back to the match.

Murray in 3 sets I think, 1 tough one (probably the first)then 2 comfortable ones. The draw has openeed up nicely for him, a possible first semi-final appearance is very possible!

Helevorn
05-25-2011, 12:54 PM
I hope between 0 and 2.

ExcaliburII
05-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Its good too see how all the brits come here to overhype Murray and then slam after slam go back home with their asses broken.

xdrewitdajx
05-25-2011, 02:06 PM
10-12 games

delboy
05-25-2011, 02:15 PM
muzza to push his way to victory in 3 sets. super bol 10 games.

Sapeod
05-25-2011, 02:39 PM
From the way people are describing Bolelli in this thread, you'd think he was the no.4 in the world :rolleyes:
A ton of games and about a 25%-35% chance at winning.
He has a 5% chance of winning the match.

http://thetennistimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/andy-murray-and-simone-bolelli.jpg
Murray does not look significantly stronger than Simone. And I doubt Simone hits his forehand with less pace than Andy.
The forehand? Sure, Bolelli probably hits it harder, I didn't say anything about the forehands. Murray is just an overall stronger player.
Lets do matchups:
Okay.
Serve=Bolelli slightly. Murray has serve percentages between 45-58% constantly. Simone serves at high percentages and has pop on it, and a good second serve.
First serve = Murray, Bolelli doesn't come close.
Second serve = Probably Bolelli, though Murray's is much better than it has been in the past.
Percentage = Murray has up and downs, Bolelli wins.
Overall = Murray, has much more power and on a good day is pretty much unbreakable.
Forehands=Bolelli by a wide margin.
Probably, though Murray's is more consistent.
Backhands=Murray, Simone has a good but very inconsistent backhand.
Yes, Murray wins this. Great backhand, great power, great consistency and great angles.
Volleys=Murray bit a little bit. Better transition game.
Murray is one of the best volleyers on tour :confused:
Movement=Murray.
Murray is one of the best movers on tour.
Returning=Very wide advantage for Murray. Simone does have a more aggressive return, however, more potential danger.
More aggressive, but it's not good. He is not a good returner. Murray on the other hand, is one of the best returners on tour.
Overall offensive ability=Bolelli, especially on clay.
Murray on a good attacking day wins this by a long shot.
Murray in his usual tactical days is even with Bolelli. Being offensive doesn't just mean hitting the ball hard. A great defense can be good offense.
Overall defensive ability=Murray, but this advantage is decreased since this is clay.
Murray is by far the better defensive player. Even on clay, his defensive abilities outclass most of the players on tour.
When I look at it, I think it's going to come down to how consistent Simone is and how well Murray serves and if he's offensive. If Murray doesn't serve well, and his defensive or put on the defensive by Simone, Simone can win this match, definitely. Murray can't push and stroll in this match. He has to bring it.
No, it's going to be on Murray's racket. If he plays badly, Bolelli has a slim chance (Murray fights, so playing badly doesn't mean 100% a loss). If Murray is in form, Bolelli has no chance.
Bolelli can not definitely win this match in any circumstance, unless Murray in injured and retires from the match.

Bolelli's forehand is one of the bests on tour
:spit:

You're not serious, right? :spit:
Simone hits the ball very, very pacey. Not overly powerful in terms of heaviness, but extremely pacey and fast, and he hits the ball deep too. He hits through the court easily. He has more pace on his forehand definitely than Murray. His backhand, when he goes for it, has more pace than Murray's.
On his forehand, yes. Murray can unload a hell of a lot more power though. I remember a forehand winner being around 100mph once.

On their backhands, Murray's is more powerful and is more consistently good and deep. Bolelli's backhand pales in comparison.
Yes, they are. Are can't be serious! Murray is way above Bolelli on every surface and always will be.

Sham Kay
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Its good too see how all the brits come here to overhype Murray and then slam after slam go back home with their asses broken.
And we're more than happy to entertain. But in reality, only one person is overhyping, the rest of us generally give pretty realistic opinions. It's good to see people like you exaggerate as much as you can to make a point sound credible..

Clydey
05-25-2011, 04:23 PM
So, Andy's next match is against Simone Bolelli. The match with Prodon was alright, but he could play a lot better, He has a chance to demolish his opponent here.

1. Andy is one of the best returners out there.
2. Bolelli is not good at returning.

Andy's groundstrokes have more sting than Bolelli's, his movement is better, he is better at everything.

I fail to see Bolelli getting more games than Prodon did. Prodon had an unorthodox game in the first set which allowed him to get a few games. I think he'll get less. 4/5 games for Bolelli.

What do you think?

Bolelli hits a much bigger ball than Andy.

Roadmap
05-25-2011, 04:41 PM
Bolelli will win all the games

Mechlan
05-25-2011, 04:56 PM

That's a joke, right? Murray doesn't have the power of other players and certainly has his share of weaknesses, especially on clay, but in terms of talent there are only a handful of players in the game above him. Bolelli is not one of them.

Filo V.
05-25-2011, 05:18 PM
Bolelli is a top 10-20 talent. He is being underrated.

Sapeod
05-25-2011, 05:19 PM
No, he's not :spit:

rocketassist
05-25-2011, 06:01 PM

Nice one hander, but besides that he's exclusively a threat on clay. His results off it are poor.

These two had a fun tiebreaker in Madrid a few years back where Murray saved SP with a stupendous drop volley and won it something like 13-11.

gulzhan
05-25-2011, 09:27 PM
This could be tougher for Murray then many think.

Champion number 1
05-25-2011, 10:14 PM
At least Simo has nothing to lose and despite coming through qualifying, is reasonably fresh. I doubt he can upset Murray, but hopefully he gives a good account of himself and even possibly nicks a set.

Bolelli has been swinging freely in his bad form, and not quite making the shots. So maybe tomorrow is the time he will make a few of these big hits.

straitup
05-25-2011, 11:13 PM
Bolelli would be far better if he had a decent return and if he could move better. I think I'm remembering right in that he was super slow (which of course clay can help cover more ground if you know how to slide like he does).

Anyway, Murray will win but Bolelli could make it a real test. Simone can't afford a bad start like he did a couple weeks ago against Almagro in Rome.

Clydey
05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Bolelli has already shown more game than he has been given credit for.

delboy
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
maybe this should have been how many games will Murray win?

ExcaliburII
05-26-2011, 12:59 PM

What do you think?

That you should just shut up forever

ossie
05-26-2011, 01:02 PM
:help: