Roland Garros 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Roland Garros 2011

nadejda
05-20-2011, 06:37 AM
waiting for the draw today about noon time

good luck! :D

Bulgaria
05-20-2011, 06:56 AM
Hopefull Grigor will have a nice draw!!! :)

FedererBulgaria
05-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Good luck

dinkulpus
05-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Grigor will meeet Chardy :o

FedererBulgaria
05-20-2011, 10:05 AM
Grigor will meeet Chardy :o

what?Its not that bad...this is GS after all!Good luck Grisho

kr1s71an
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
Jeremy Chardy FRA
v
Grigor DiMitrov BUL

Michael Russell USA
v
Gilles Simon FRA (18)

nadejda
05-20-2011, 11:07 AM
lol actually the draw is not bad at all

Mardy Fish USA (10) Ricardo Mello BRA
Daniel Gimeno-Traver ESP Robin Haase NED

Jeremy Chardy FRA Grigor DiMitrov BUL
Michael Russell USA Gilles Simon FRA (18)

larzm
05-20-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey nice he will play Nadal in the quarters ;-DDDD

nadejda
05-20-2011, 11:35 AM
yeah and Soderling in R4 before that :D

Sonja1989
05-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Chardy has a bad form but... I hope Grisho is full fitt since his match with Andújar. :scared: Good luck!!!

nadejda
05-20-2011, 11:54 AM
yeah that would be the big question - who is in worse shape - Grigor or Jeremy?

Sonja1989
05-20-2011, 12:02 PM
But Jeremy plays his home. These French players can play their best at home. :(

nadejda
05-20-2011, 12:20 PM
But Jeremy plays his home. These French players can play their best at home. :(

:hug: dont worry

Lol, I am sort of optimistic this time :D

Sonja1989
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
:hug: dont worry

Lol, I am sort of optimistic this time :D

:hug:

I'm optimistic too. :D

larzm
05-20-2011, 01:18 PM
yeah and Soderling in R4 before that :D

I don't really consider Söderling as a threat. Grigor will trash him in 3. Nadal then might take a set from him, because it is clay and RG and so on but afterwards Grigor should win the title without droping another set! I guess Djokovic wins a maximum of 5 Games in the final as he he is way to overplayed and exhausted!

;-DDDD

nadejda
05-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I don't really consider Söderling as a threat. Grigor will trash him in 3. Nadal then might take a set from him, because it is clay and RG and so on but afterwards Grigor should win the title without droping another set! I guess Djokovic wins a maximum of 5 Games in the final as he he is way to overplayed and exhausted!

;-DDDD

Damn! Exactely my thoughts right after I saw the draw :worship:

Cmon Grigor! Grab the title! :rocker2:

:D

BlueLighthouse
05-20-2011, 02:03 PM

;-DDDD

:p Best fan ever :worship:

Go Grisho!

misty1
05-20-2011, 02:27 PM
grigor can win round one for sure

nadejda
05-20-2011, 05:27 PM
yes, he can, and not only one I think. It really is the time to rake revange from Gill :D

the question is will he?

vn01
05-20-2011, 05:56 PM
if grigor is fit, he can reach the 4th round, imo :D

GOOD LUCK!!! :wavey:

Mephistopheles
05-20-2011, 06:20 PM
The draw is nice, for a mid ranked player in a grand slam its really nice. The only person who did better was Andy Murray who will only play qualifiers in the first 2 rounds!

I hope he has a good first round though, i would love to se a rematch of Grigor and Gilles Simon's Queens Club match as it was such a high quality match.

So get well and good luck Grisho!

Mephi x

nadejda
05-20-2011, 07:54 PM
if grigor is fit, he can reach the 4th round, imo :D

GOOD LUCK!!! :wavey:

lol I couldn't go that far as round 4 but if he gets trough Chardy, this may boost his confidence and he could probably make a good run here. The first match will be though considering his last two matches :awww::sad:

hopefully he is better now!

Good luck!

Alrel
05-20-2011, 08:50 PM
He is recovering from that allergy, by the time he plays first match, it should b better. But can I ask u fans, do u think he is too thin for a tennis player? I think he lost some weight, at this level players need to be quite well built to counter punch with heavy strokes. But the kid would say he is not thin and insisted he is stronger than last year. I notice recently his opponents keep hitting to his backhand and most of the time ending up winning points from him esp on fast surface. I dunno, personally I would say he needs to be a bit thicker. I'm not sure he eats much during the day although someone from his camp insisted he eats a lot in one meal.

nadejda
05-20-2011, 11:16 PM
you have contacts with his camp? that's great!

Grigor is still growing and its hard to judge whether he is thin or not. Look at Djokovic for example - he is also 'thin-looking' but is very fit. Don't know if he lost some weight while beeing sick - that's possible!
Grigor knows he has to work hard on his fitnes and probably that's why he looks sometimes too 'heavy' and his movement is not quite good - he moved way better as younger, btw. He probably has that extra fast metabolism as well when your body burns out absolutely everything you ate and you can't actually gain a lot of mass until age of 24-25. As far as I know it is related with the function of thyroid.(my cousin has the same situation - he is ultra slim and eat for 4 persons - believe it or not!)

The problem with the backhand - I haven't noticed that but may also be related with the movement and getting the right position - needs to work a lot at that! The single handed backhand is fragile sometimes - look Fed for example! Still a lot of work on that part as well.

If you a really connected in some way to his camp- please tell us if he is ok now? We've been worryed for his health recently!

Alrel
05-21-2011, 12:51 AM
He is better now,don't worry. With moral support of his girl,he should recover even faster :). He said he always has allergy since he was a kid. It has sth to do with the weather. Poor kid, i never knew before he had health problem. I agree he doesnt move well compared to high ranked guys. I wonder sometimes how could he catch up with Nadal , Simon or Berdych when he was only 17-18, but now he doesn't seem to cause much of a threat to higher ranked players. I just became his fan recently so I never see his form in the past. Novak was thin yeah but he was fast and hit big. Grigor doesn't hit that big but his serves, on any given day, are killers. When he won 3 straight challengers, he served unbelievably esp on break points. But these days , his serves come and go. Of all Slams, I see he has best shot at Roland Garros as most of his titles came on clay. But I dunno, realistically, I am not sure as he looks vulnerable against higher ranked players. His only form of 2011 that impressed me the most was the first set against Mayer in Germany. There, he could be inspired more than usual as his mom and best friend were there to support him. For the matches he beat the guy in Aussie Open first round and the match he beat Bagdhatis, those two guys were off on that day. I would rather see him beat these guys in tough matches. I hope he can at least win a match in Paris, judging from his current form and allergy to weather. Other than that is a bonus for him. Bonne Chance Grisho Bobo. :)

nadejda
05-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Thank you, Alrel for the info!

That pollen allergy is very unpleasant but hopefully it only lasts during May and June.
It is even worse cause most of the medicaments for threathening it are considered dopping and he cant't do really much about that. We also didn't know that until he withdrew from his last match and his father explained it in an interview. His family here and Grigor rarely gave any interviews and are avoiding the press as match as possible. And the fans are very unhappy of this fact. :devil: :)

For the movement - it is a fact that Grigor has grown on high within last couple of years and is probably still growing. I got the feeling he hadn't adjusted his game stile to his new body yet and sometimes get off balance. He used to be not that high and moved better and smoother. This transitional period is really awkward and we don't know what will show at the end. Maybe if he focus on and practice movement with appropriate training as well as returns on serve he would do much better - these look like his biggest weaknesses so far. (I would recommend some yoga practices for getting more flexibility, balance and concentration :D: as well as quick step dances :yippee: for the movement :bounce: :lol: with those big feet he has it would be fun to watch :D )
The the more powerfull groundstrokes will come with the better fitness. I don't worry much about that!

Tell him if you can, that we really support him in good and bad times!
Good luck, Grisho :hug:

LawrenceOfTennis
05-21-2011, 02:16 PM
He has kinda lucky draw,I hope he can pick up some points before the grass season. I don't think he'll get the chance to meet with Robin.

Alrel
05-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Nadeja, one thing about Grigor, he loves to stay under the radar. He has his privacy, always wanna b with himself somewhere quiet. Thats why we hardly know his activities.

Sonja1989
05-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Match tomorrow... :) Hope he plays on televised court. :D

nadejda
05-23-2011, 02:46 PM
Grigor is playing mixed doubles with Aravane Rezai (FRA)
interesting one...

FedererBulgaria
05-23-2011, 02:58 PM
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14911872
just before minutes

misty1
05-23-2011, 08:38 PM
that was great

nadejda
05-23-2011, 09:51 PM
this vid is very funny indeed :D (i will post the link in the video thread as well)

:rolls::rolls::rolls:

and rumour says it was Sher who asked Grigor to marry her :p

lol, I wonder why she hasn't posted here much recently, I kinda miss her :)

FedererBulgaria
05-24-2011, 08:04 AM
Good luck:angel:

BlueLighthouse
05-24-2011, 11:12 AM
news in French before the match vs Chardy http://www.20minutes.fr/article/729162/patrick-mouratoglou-dimitrov-contre-chardy-pire-tirage-possible

misty1
05-24-2011, 04:33 PM
dropped the first set to chardy 6-2

now 2-2

0-40

and broken to love

2-6, 2-3

unreal grigor:o

misty1
05-24-2011, 04:47 PM
chardy serving for a 2 set lead over grigor :sad:

and he's got it at love

6-2, 6-4

in less then an hour

nadejda
05-24-2011, 05:04 PM
misty why do you even bother while Grigor is just tanking and not giving any effort at all...

watching his body language and it says it all. when he miss a lot of servece during the warming up, and especially when he jokes a lot before the match - it is a sure signal something like this whill happen. It is always the same. He is hardly returning anything, not chasing balls, real mess...

we've seen this before, when I saw the beginning of the match I already knew the outcome.

vn01
05-24-2011, 05:28 PM
awful stuff from grigor. very heavy loss. :o

misty1
05-24-2011, 05:41 PM
if he is going to act this way about matches then i will lose interest in him very quickly

nadejda
05-24-2011, 05:41 PM
I have said once that he will loose almost all his matches till the end of the year and will probably drop out of top 100 (which will be fair) but even so it is quite dissapointing that he is just wasting his time like that, not willing to make any effort.

Unless he realise it is not comming to him like a present and have to work hard to earn it - it will be like that.
There is also a significant regress in his mental approach towards the matches - just not fighting at all...

nadejda
05-24-2011, 05:46 PM
if he is going to act this way about matches then i will lose interest in him very quickly

he is that kind of personality, that will fall down till the botom before rising again. Suicidal like. Thus means - loosing his points and dropping out of top 100 within next couple of months.

Maybe it is reasonable for you to just stop following him until the next year...just to save yourself from this dissapointment.

misty1
05-24-2011, 05:56 PM
i dont know..i mean i might

he just seemd to be on ther verge of finding his groove when he was so close to making the semi final in germany a couple weeks ago and then he comes out and does this... 3 times

he definately does not deserve a spot in the top 11 if he's not willing to put effort into matches while he's there

if he's still poulling this crap by wimbledon i will stop following him

BlueLighthouse
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
He tried so hard, I'm not kidding

http://i783.photobucket.com/albums/yy116/jessica4stein/x610.jpg

Armless
05-24-2011, 06:03 PM
He's becoming another ala Gulbis story. The coach needs to give him a good kick in the ass and tell that results on the ATP tour won't come just with loads of talent and a pretty face.
One thing that interests me: the same situation happened last year, when Grigor had girlfriend, as a result he was bad at the challenger tour, but when they separated, he started to play much better. I heard he has a new girl now, maybe that's the reason of his slump?

BlueLighthouse
05-24-2011, 06:21 PM
@carole_bouchard:
"Je n'ai jamais gagné un set contre lui ŕ l'entraînement !" Chardy au sujet de Dimitrov qu'il vient de battre au 1er tour de RG ;) #tennis
----
Chardy said during their practice, he's never won a set from Grigor!... Somethings were wrong then during the match. Either he's not trying or too nervous at the big stage.

nadejda
05-24-2011, 06:37 PM
well maybe both... he is nervous...then he can't find his serve...and thereafter - just start tanking the match in a suicidal way...

yep, we've seen this before many times...

vn01
05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
i don't know how to comment grigor's season so far. i am angry after today's loss, so i'd better give my opinion after a few days, cause i might say something, which i shouldn't :(

nadejda
05-24-2011, 07:16 PM
vladi, just stop to expect anything from him and you will feel much better :)

FedererBulgaria
05-24-2011, 07:48 PM
:o ohh dear ...Grigor u really should start working hard...he just didnt want the win,thats the 1st thing which u`re gonna think when u watch this ITF "match" on big GS court!

Alrel
05-25-2011, 12:02 AM
I dont think he was not trying. I felt it was a combination of him being off and unable to catch up with Chardy. Not sure if you have noticed that Grisha has problems with players with big serves and big strokes. Again I will say that Grisha backhand is quite weak , Chardy served hit to his backhand and won points most of the time. ANd obviously there is no fire or confidence in his eyes at all. There was no momentum. Maybe it has sth to do with his body, the allergy. My friend who is fortuneteller said , Grisha was born with talent and to be a star but he has to control his emotions. This year he will have some fame and next year there will be some changes about techniques. But 2013 will be his biggest year. He will turn 22 that year, the age where most tennis players reach their peaks. This friend of mine is very good with his prediction. AT least he was right about emotions control which I never knew until the case in Helsinki. Hope it will be better when he gets older.

larzm
05-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Great attitude!!!

;-DDDD

vn01
05-25-2011, 11:37 AM

you're right, but it's not easy.

btw, he will play in newport and...is 3rd seeded in the main draw entry list :eek:

dinkulpus
05-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Yesterday I travelled back to Sofia and didn't watch the match :o
Today Grigor lost in mixed doubles. He play with Rezai :eek: against Beneseova/Paes :wavey:

JeffCandoi
05-25-2011, 09:50 PM
schooled by old paes :p

nadejda
05-25-2011, 09:54 PM
schooled by old paes :p

wouldn't mind it if he at least put some effort and stop being in a 'what am I doing on this court' mood :rolleyes:

RandyE
05-27-2011, 03:52 AM
Watched the match vs Chardy back and found the following: a) he simply wasn't able to return Chardy's serve consistently b) his first serve was dreadful c) Chardy played very well and served well when he needed to. Overall I wouldn't be too concerned long term as he didn't play too badly but Chardy just pulled out the big points, especially in the second and third sets. It all starts with the serve and the return, once he learns how to attack his opponent's serves in different ways he'll start breaking them more - that will give him more confidence on his own service games...patience is the name of the game for now; Raonic is going through a similar dryspell right now.