The organizers disappointed fans eventually. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The organizers disappointed fans eventually.

Toppu
10-03-2004, 09:22 AM
At first I was so happy that this year is so wonderful. But today I was in line for about 2 hours to redeem a ticket and they said there were no seats left. :mad: They also said first come first serve!! I came first as well but I didn't have any chance to get in.

Would you believe today I was there at 9.30 am and hundred of people went there already. So some did get tickets while the others got rejected :o , including myself and friends.

I was wondering why ? But now I understood.

Ticket vouchers were given to fans for about 5,000 items. But there are only 3,000 seats available for them. What a GREAT WORK!! :devil:

Fans were also unable to watch the players during training sessions. I won't be surprised if we could have this event only 3 more years. :(

the_newluxe
10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't have a good time that day. I was kinda disappointed too. But, in my opinion, they managed pretty much better than the last year. I went with my father and brother. So, it was nice that I didn't have to do the talking and tickets thingy alone:wavey: At least, we've got to see many good matches,right? ;)

ae wowww
10-05-2004, 04:57 PM
admittedly yes new luxe, but this is disgraceful behaviour by the organisers. what if Toppu had travelled from abroad say? And was staying in Thailand specifically for the tournament? madness.... i hope they never make the same error again.

the_newluxe
10-05-2004, 05:21 PM
ae wowww, you are right. I didn't mean they managed it very well but compare to last year, i think it was better..not perfect, not good enough but it was better. I dont like the ticket system, many "real" tennis fans dont get the tickets. For example, I have a friend working at one company and the company sponsored this tournament, he had tickets for everyday and he doesnt even like tennis. So, he kept the tickets with him. There were so many people who waited at Impac Arena, didnt have the tickets, tickets were sold out b/c most of the tickets were vouchers. Maybe this is the right way for ticket system? I dont know coz this is the only tournament i have ever been to.

Toppu
10-06-2004, 04:44 AM
ae wowww, you are right. I didn't mean they managed it very well but compare to last year, i think it was better..not perfect, not good enough but it was better. I dont like the ticket system, many "real" tennis fans dont get the tickets. For example, I have a friend working at one company and the company sponsored this tournament, he had tickets for everyday and he doesnt even like tennis. So, he kept the tickets with him. There were so many people who waited at Impac Arena, didnt have the tickets, tickets were sold out b/c most of the tickets were vouchers. Maybe this is the right way for ticket system? I dont know coz this is the only tournament i have ever been to.

I think it's different in other tournaments.
Firstly. There are no free tickets. If you wanna see, you buy tickets. 70% of this year Thailand Open tickets is for free. And they are called TICKET VOUCHERS. They stated that LIMITED SEATS "first come first serve". I think I went there so early enough but they wasted my time and energy. But thank god the finals was not that exciting.

Secondly. If they want to give vouchers for sponsors. It's fine but you have to limit the number of free tickets compared to the available seats or specify the seat number in all the vouchers. ANd actually free tickets should be for students only. Other than that you should buy ticket to watch tennis. And as you mentioned some people got tickets but they aren't real tennis fans so they didn't use them at all so we could see those empty seats in the vip box. And those foreigners who managed this tournaments took advantage of it by letting their friends and relatives in for free. But most Thais couldn't as it costed too much to afford.

Lastly. Fans who have normal tickets, not VIP tickets need to wait 3 times at least. First they have to stand in line for so long to stamp the vouchers and then await at the entrance of the arena and last step they have wait again in front of the arena door. I don't know why. At China Open or Japan Open fans have chance to watch the players practicing very closely. But Thailand Open won't let any fans doing so. They open the door only 30 minutes before first play starts. That's very disgusting. :mad:

Anyway I do understand the organizers in some aspects. The Impact Arena is not the most suitable venue for Thailand Open, I would say. So it's hard to arrange things in a more proper manner. :rolleyes:

the_newluxe
10-06-2004, 05:09 AM
Secondly. If they want to give vouchers for sponsors. It's fine but you have to limit the number of free tickets compared to the available seats or specify the seat number in all the vouchers. :rolleyes:

Exactly!
I totally agree with you Toppu
by the way, thanks for the pics :worship: I took some pictures too but I know they wouldn't come out good b/c I was too far away.

star_tennis
10-10-2004, 07:14 PM
Hi,friends..
I'm so sorry that you had a bad time at the final match.I have a vouchers ticket frm friend who work in Thai Airway but it didn't mean I can use it at the semi-final.and final match cause the seat was sold out.
Since the first round till the quater-final round there were a few people watched the match so the ticket vouchers could stamp for the seat.But the last 2 days was on Saturday and Sunday so there were so many people wanted to see and the tickets were sold out.I also waited for the line till they announced that there were no seat at all.Anyways,I was lucky that I knew some people who work there so I could see the final match.
I just want to tell your guys that the ticket vouchers frm sponsor couldn't use if there are many people who buy the ticket.By the way,I pity many people who bought the ticket vouchers frm somebody but couldn't use it...;o( Those people should go to the hell!!!

ae wowww
10-10-2004, 08:26 PM
star_tennis who is your avatar of? can you send it to me... she looks a hottie! pm me!! lol