Rome [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rome

RafaFan95
05-07-2011, 08:35 PM
It`s an easier draw in Rome than in Madrid for Jürgen. In the second Round he plays either against Florian Mayer or Andrey Golubev. After that he could play Andy Roddick or Gilles Simon. Then Guillermo Garcia-Lopez or Andy Murray. In SF Robin Söderling or Novak Djokovic and in the other half of the draw are great players like Nadal, Ferrer or Federer. These are possible final opponents. I think the Quarterfinal is realistic.

RafaFan95
05-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Mayer d Golubev 6-4 6-3
So Jürgen will play against Mayer. He never played him before. I think he can beat him but it will be a tough exercise for him. Mayer was in Final in Munich two weeks ago and has a good form at the moment. Good Luck Jürgen!

MightyJurgenfan
05-10-2011, 04:21 AM
I feel Jurgen will beat him. They have to wait until Wednesday to play. Jurgen should be ready.

Ad Wim
05-11-2011, 02:52 PM
If he overcomes this hurdle, he could well reach the SF. Auf geht's!

RafaFan95
05-11-2011, 03:14 PM
Jürgen starts now against Mayer. The next opponent would be Juan Ignacio Chela who won against Gilles Simon.

Ad Wim
05-11-2011, 04:06 PM
He retired :sad:

That explains his loss last week maybe and he pulled out of doubles last week as well. Anyone knows what's wrong?

RafaFan95
05-11-2011, 04:12 PM
He retired :sad:

That explains his loss last week maybe and he pulled out of doubles last week as well. Anyone knows what's wrong?

His back hurts since two days. He also didn`t train in the last two days because of his back.
That`s very pity and hopefully he is fit in Roland Garros.

MightyJurgenfan
05-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Normally Jurgen does not default. I hope he did today more to protect his back so he will be ready for Rolland Garros. I know I have read that his back has been bothering him for a long while.