If you found out all world sport was fixed, would you continue to watch?(fun thread) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

If you found out all world sport was fixed, would you continue to watch?(fun thread)

05-02-2011, 10:01 PM
This is just a hypothetical thread for discussion, no unfounded allegations of fixing will be tollerated.

But if you found out that all sport or most world sport was actually for the most part fixed, would you continue to watch it?

People watch the WWE even though the outcomes are pre determined.

People watch soap operas and reality tv in droves.

So would you keep watching if you found out your favourite sports outcomes were often predetermined?

I think I would, though obviously the forum debates about the GOAT would wash up, and forums like this would change dramatically.

Discuss.

Goldenoldie
05-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Would I still read a book if I knew the ending?

Would I watch a play or a film I had watched before?

Would I walk down the street, knowing there was a pub just round the corner?

More on topic, would I watch a recording of a 20 year old tennis match where I knew the result?

The answer to all these is probably yes, and so is the answer to your question.

Kat_YYZ
05-03-2011, 01:49 AM
depends on the quality of the contest. If pitchers are blatantly tossing softies to batters... if goalies are diving out of the way of pucks... then no. If I can't tell and it's entertaining; maybe, but not as much as before. not with so much enthusiasm. just if I'm really bored and nothing else is on.