Obama announces Osama bin Laden is dead [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Obama announces Osama bin Laden is dead

Pages : [1] 2

Action Jackson
05-02-2011, 02:55 AM
The Tea Party and a few others want to see the death certificate.

Smoke944
05-02-2011, 02:56 AM
bye Osama :wavey:

Pirata.
05-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Donald Trump must be so pissed right now :lol:

Lee
05-02-2011, 02:58 AM
http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-obama-national-address-20110501,0,992339.story

President Obama plans to address the nation Sunday night

By Michael A. Memoli, Washington Bureau
May 1, 2011, 7:01 p.m.
President Obama will address the nation on a national security issue at 10:30 p.m. Eastern time Sunday, the White House said.

The announcement was abrupt, coming after the White House had declared a so-called lid, meaning no other news would be coming for the remainder of the day

And according to the breaking news on CBs, this is to announce of the death of Bin Laden and CBS sounded very sure of it.

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 03:00 AM
pics or it didn't happen

seriously, bin laden is the big boogeyman of the americans. his name and the general word 'terrorism' have been whored by the media and the leaders of the USA to encourage the average Joe to support wars and destruction in poor third world nations.

Smoke944
05-02-2011, 03:01 AM
pics or it didn't happen

seriously, bin laden is the big boogeyman of the americans. his name and the general word 'terrorism' have been whored by the media and the leaders of the USA to encourage the average joe to support wars and destruction on poor third world nations.

Definitely. Still an annoying ****er though :lol:

Kat_YYZ
05-02-2011, 03:02 AM
expected

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 03:02 AM
Definitely. Still an annoying ****er though :lol:

i hope you're referring to bin laden here :p

tealeaves
05-02-2011, 03:03 AM

This is a good one.

Smoke944
05-02-2011, 03:04 AM
i hope you're referring to bin laden here :p

I am

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 03:05 AM
pics or it didn't happen

seriously, bin laden is the big boogeyman of the americans. his name and the general word 'terrorism' have been whored by the media and the leaders of the USA to encourage the average Joe to support wars and destruction in poor third world nations.

I figured you'd be saddened by this new American outrage against humanity. Wherever terrorists raise their murderous heads you are running behind cheering.

A real bad week for Glennmirnyi too.

For the rest of us, it's party time.:aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::apar ty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty ::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty:: aparty::aparty::aparty:

Action Jackson
05-02-2011, 03:09 AM
Too bad it was done by black Muslim who wasn't born in the US.

out_here_grindin
05-02-2011, 03:10 AM
This certainly dosen't mean as much as it would have 7-10 years ago.

In a mansion in Islamabad. Too good. Out in the open the whole time

Filo V.
05-02-2011, 03:11 AM
Wonder if people will turn this into a Democrat v Republican bragging rights situation :lol:

All I have to say is, bye bye Osama :wavey:

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:12 AM

:worship::worship::worship:

peribsen
It's not bad news that a dangerous lunatic has left us, but before anybody gets too excited, let's remember that this guy has been irrelevant for a long time now, so this doesn't change much.

straitup
Well it's about damn time...

Pirata.
05-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Too bad it was done by black Muslim who wasn't born in the US.

:haha:

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Wonder if people will turn this into a Democrat v Republican bragging rights situation :lol:

OSAMA out, OBAMA in.

Pirata.
05-02-2011, 03:17 AM
"Mission Accomplished" refers to a banner titled "Mission Accomplished" that was displayed on the aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln during a televised address by United States President George W. Bush on May 1, 2003 and the controversy that followed. The speech was not actually titled "Mission Accomplished".

Eight years to the day :worship:

Lee
05-02-2011, 03:17 AM

One commentator on the CBS special report already mentioned this administration did something in 2 1/2 years that the Bush admin. could not in 7 years :lol:

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:20 AM
I hope everyone in here can agree what great news this is.

I have to walk past Ground Zero every morning on my way to work. Tomorrow will be nicer than usual that's for sure :)

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 03:20 AM
I figured you'd be saddened by this new American outrage against humanity. Wherever terrorists raise their murderous heads you are running behind cheering.

For the rest of us, it's party time.:aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::apar ty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty ::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty::aparty:: aparty::aparty::aparty:

you really have some issues

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:21 AM
I'll be most interested in the weeks ahead for Pakistan's explanation how it came to the fact they have been harbouring him for probably years.

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 03:23 AM
mug era for terrorism

Pirata.
05-02-2011, 03:24 AM
I'll be most interested in the weeks ahead for Pakistan's explanation how it came to the fact they have been harbouring him for probably years.

In a damn mansion, no less.

Kat_YYZ
05-02-2011, 03:25 AM
Eight years to the day :worship:

watch Dubya and his minions try to take credit for this ;)

savesthedizzle
05-02-2011, 03:26 AM
Waiting for Obama to talk interrupted the end of Celebrity Apprentice :mad:

Take that Trump :lol:

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:27 AM
In a damn mansion, no less.

Its one of those things that you knew was the case, but couldn't prove. Its an absolute travesty the West continues to support the corrupt regimes there. Please don't tell me many of the higher ups at the ISI had no idea he was in Pakistan. They knew.

Action Jackson
05-02-2011, 03:28 AM
Djess has just laid the smackdown.

Glad he is gone, not sure how much is going to change in the near future.

Filo V.
05-02-2011, 03:28 AM
OSAMA out, OBAMA in.

There are ALREADY Obama killed Osama T-shirts :spit:

I was thinking this too, though. Osama gone, Obama in :lol:

out_here_grindin
05-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Whatcha say Pakistan?

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:30 AM

Two birds with one stone :)

Filo V.
05-02-2011, 03:31 AM
One commentator on the CBS special report already mentioned this administration did something in 2 1/2 years that the Bush admin. could not in 7 years :lol:

:rolls::inlove:

Just the tip of the iceberg. It's gonna be crazy these next few days, I'm ready for all of the hilarious, ridiculous and offensive commentary :devil:

ibreak4coffee
No truth to the rumor that the CIA operative that killed Osama called him a "mug" before pulling the trigger ;)

Lee

:worship:

straitup
05-02-2011, 03:35 AM
No truth to the rumor that the CIA operative that killed Osama called him a "mug" before pulling the trigger ;)

:lol:

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 03:38 AM
it only costed a few billions plus a few millions of refugees and some thousands of dead arabs but the job got done at the end

terrorism will go on. osama was just one guy and if anything, this whole war on terror has only caused more hatred towards the US (most of it deserved) and will only serve to inspire more kids to become terrorists against the west.

more than a symbolic gesture, it's a phyrrhic victory. the real shame is that bin laden's death will be used to further justify the war on terror and most americans will not realize that their country's war is what is making and encouraging terror.

out_here_grindin
05-02-2011, 03:38 AM
People may focus on the Democrat/Republican junk, but really what's important is how this will impact our relations with Pakistan and how the terrorism world will react

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 03:51 AM

It says a lot for Trump that the White House would go this far to upstage his show.

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:51 AM
http://isosamabinladendead.com/

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 03:53 AM
you really have some issues

You keep saying that ----- every time you realise you have posted something ridiculous.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 03:58 AM
it only costed a few billions plus a few millions of refugees and some thousands of dead arabs but the job got done at the end

terrorism will go on. osama was just one guy and if anything, this whole war on terror has only caused more hatred towards the US (most of it deserved) and will only serve to inspire more kids to become terrorists against the west.

more than a symbolic gesture, it's a phyrrhic victory. the real shame is that bin laden's death will be used to further justify the war on terror and most americans will not realize that their country's war is what is making and encouraging terror.

How many times have you changed your underwear tonight?

nobama
05-02-2011, 04:01 AM
The Tea Party and a few others want to see the death certificate.Network news interrupted Celebrity Apprentice cutting off the last 15 minutes. :haha:

nobama
05-02-2011, 04:02 AM
It's not bad news that a dangerous lunatic has left us, but before anybody gets too excited, let's remember that this guy has been irrelevant for a long time now, so this doesn't change much.It's symbolic. The bastard's dead. :aparty:

peribsen
05-02-2011, 04:08 AM
This could and should have happened many years ago, and almost surely would have if the Bush administration hadn't been so irresponsible to get involved in Irak, a campaign that never had any relation with 9/11.

Macbrother
05-02-2011, 04:13 AM

This is a good one. :lol:

jmf07
05-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Great news but just have to hope they actually don't have those weapons they were talking about. I would imagine the US would be pretty certain though that they don't have them or else they wouldn't have told the whole world they killed Bin Laden.

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 04:17 AM
You keep saying that ----- every time you realise you have posted something ridiculous.

i say you've got issues because you can't seem to be able to assess the validity of a position with nuances and differnent shades. it's either black or white for you, much like 'you're either with us or against us' george bush's war mentality.

now i'm not interested anymore in engaging in political discussions with you because they go nowhere and with your ideas and stubborness, I don't think you're likely to change or to show some level of common sense towards those who are suffering. But in any case, just to make it clear for you in one point at least, when i criticize the us foreign policy in afghanistan, iraq, syria, israel, etc. it DOES NOT mean i support terrorism or that i'm now suddenly saddened because Obama says Osama bin Laden is dead. Yes, I know to you this is shocking, unthinkable and even 'ridiculous' -as you put it- but I can actually criticize one side WITHOUT supporting the other.

but what gives, at this point I've lost all hope of having a fruitful discussion with you. just have a good night...

out_here_grindin
05-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Peter Bergen on CNN right now saying that this does defeat terrorism, because Bin Laden was bigger than any other leader by far. That when you joined you made a personal oath to Bin Laden and he was involved in everything. Bergen met Osama in 1997. Interesting

tangerine_dream
05-02-2011, 04:18 AM
Good for the game. ;)

It's been a bad week for Truthers and Birthers, hasn't it?

I work near Ground Zero and never really go near it but I will tomorrow to say a happy prayer and pay my respects.

I have no interest in the political aspects of this, I'm just going to enjoy the unity this country will have for a short while before it becomes frayed again.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 04:20 AM
just have a good night...

Duh?

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 04:23 AM
I work near Ground Zero and never really go near it but I will tomorrow to say a happy prayer and pay my respects.

I'll see you there :)

Where do you work exactly?

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 04:28 AM
i say you've got issues because you can't seem to be able to assess the validity of a position with nuances and differnent shades.

I am not sure how those two relate.

But in the present discussion I certainly see no need for nuances and different shades. The leader of Al Queda is dead. That is just plain good, no matter how I look at it..

Pirata.
05-02-2011, 04:38 AM
But in the present discussion I certainly see no need for nuances and different shades. The leader of Al Queda is dead. That is just plain good, no matter how I look at it..

Well said. :worship:

out_here_grindin
05-02-2011, 04:40 AM
http://h-6.abload.de/img/0371_s7wp.gif

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 04:42 AM
Broadway, near Rector Street. You?

Pine Street

timafi
05-02-2011, 04:52 AM
:bowdown: THANK YOU TROOPS and THANK YOU President Obama :bowdown:

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 04:57 AM
http://i.imgur.com/KDssc.jpg

christallh24
05-02-2011, 04:59 AM
Since no one has said it, I would like to thank OUR...this country President Obama and the troops and intelligence that made this happen. I'm not and have never been a patriotic person, but tonight I'm defintely proud to be an american that I voted for that man.

Edit: I'm glad others now have thanked the man in charge!

Ilovetheblues_86
05-02-2011, 05:04 AM
http://h-6.abload.de/img/0371_s7wp.gif

Hahaha why this gif?

Ajk822
05-02-2011, 05:05 AM
I don't understand why Obama is getting any credit for this. He had as much to do with Osama being killed as I did.

On a sidebar, there'r currently riots in downtown State College over this. It's the night before finals and everyone wanted an excuse to drink one more time before we leave. I love Penn State...and America.

NoFroz
05-02-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm no fan of US involvement in world's geopolitics, but this can't come as anything if not a relief and good news. One powerful and lunatic killer less.
I hope that it helps comfort people who were hurt at 9/11 at any level.

PS: Doesn't this basically answers the question "would you ever wish death upon a person"?

orangehat
05-02-2011, 05:09 AM
Good for the world.

Too bad another Osama may eventually emerge.

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 05:14 AM
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/05/02/world/02binladen4_683/02binladen4_683-custom11.jpg

solowyn
05-02-2011, 05:14 AM
I find the level of celebration around the white house hard to watch, though I understand the feeling of some liberation.

Scotso
05-02-2011, 05:22 AM
:yippee:

Scotso
05-02-2011, 05:23 AM
I don't understand why Obama is getting any credit for this. He had as much to do with Osama being killed as I did.

True.

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 05:31 AM
:D

Were you there on 9/11? I used to go to the WTC often for lunch but rarely go near it now. The moronic tourists get on my nerves.

I'm watching the reaction at GZ on CNN now. I'm so happy. :banana: I won't be getting any sleep tonight.

No was in Chicago on 9-11.

Church St looks just as packed as DC now.

I often get off at Chambers St and walk to work so I pass by often. But yeah the tourists are 10 deep all the time so I don't usually linger. I hate getting hit by Century 21 bags all the time :lol:

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 05:34 AM

:spit:

Mechlan
05-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Great news, finally some closure. Time to celebrate. :woohoo:

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 05:39 AM
the US & A are safe now

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 05:40 AM
people are actually celebrating this man's death?

TMJordan
05-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Seems like the price was finally right for Pakistan.

Action Jackson
05-02-2011, 06:00 AM
I imagine these tunes will get played quite a bit.

qfTV_foh6eQ

bJ9r8LMU9bQ

christallh24
05-02-2011, 06:23 AM

:tape:

:bs:

tennisfan856
05-02-2011, 06:32 AM
great news that he is dead but i fear we chopped one head and another one just grew back in.

Topspindoctor
05-02-2011, 06:48 AM
Good riddance. Should have been done a long time ago. I have a feeling Obama is gonna use this as a trump card in an attempt to get re-elected.

jonathancrane
05-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Good news

You are an idiot

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 07:23 AM
Osama was more of a puppet in recent years anyway. Good that he's dead ofcourse, but will it change much?

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Peter Bergen on CNN right now saying that this does defeat terrorism, because Bin Laden was bigger than any other leader by far. That when you joined you made a personal oath to Bin Laden and he was involved in everything. Bergen met Osama in 1997. Interesting

What usually happens when the person at the top dies? They find a new one. Won't take long. No way has this defeated terrorism - good PR for Obama though.

GugaF1
05-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Those that say Obama had nothing to do with it are uninformed. Obama was responsible for the main strategy of pulling out of Iraq and focusing on Afghanistan and Pakistan, also he talked a lot about in his campaing about where was Osama Bin Laden etc. and why he wasn't cacthed. So he did brought that up to the surface as a priority even before he was elected. And that now he has helped to bring some closure to the actual issue, where Bush went after a side show in iraq with Saddam.

GugaF1
05-02-2011, 07:51 AM

I agree, so much for the higher values to be partying and celebrating an assasination operation like new years day or soemthing. I mean Obama was a lunatic that dug his own grave, but I am not going to party over the death of a person. Much less like I would when someone is killed on the death row for whatever crimes.

Also remeber when Soldiers are killed or Americans and you saw people celebrating on the streets in the Islam fanatic parts? I don't think that is a great message to send that people would party over a death as well. But I don't know.

Black Adam
05-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Why is the body burried at sea?

tyruk14
05-02-2011, 08:19 AM
And now he's a martyr. Should have let him die of natural causes.

Kat_YYZ
05-02-2011, 08:24 AM
What usually happens when the person at the top dies? They find a new one. Won't take long. No way has this defeated terrorism - good PR for Obama though.
I agree -- Bergen was over the top when saying they 'defeated terrorism' -- but you can't deny that al Qaida was working hard to hide Bin Laden, with that big compound, 18 foot walls, couriers, burning their trash, etc, all the trouble they were going to. They were expending energy and resources on it and they lost that battle. They can't just turn around now and say "oh, :shrug: he wasn't that important; big deal we'll just replace him." It is one lost battle in a bigger war. And it can have a demoralizing effect on some (casual) supporters, who might have thought the US/West were a bunch of dunces who would never succeed.

Ashi
05-02-2011, 08:31 AM
I agree -- Bergen was over the top when saying they 'defeated terrorism' -- but you can't deny that al Qaida was working hard to hide Bin Laden, with that big compound, 18 foot walls, couriers, burning their trash, etc, all the trouble they were going to. They were expending energy and resources on it and they lost that battle. They can't just turn around now and say "oh, :shrug: he wasn't that important; big deal we'll just replace him." It is one lost battle in a bigger war. And it can have a demoralizing effect on some (casual) supporters, who might have thought the US/West were a bunch of dunces who would never succeed.

Building a luxury compound just outside Islamadad is not akin to hiding someone. As a poster said earlier, the price was maybe finally right for Pakistan to hand his location over to the americans.

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 08:58 AM

Oh I agree that they were trying hard to hide him....only 40 miles outside of Isamabad in a $1,000,000 mansion :lol: Pakistani government corrupt as hell, they have a lot to answer for.

Black Adam
05-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Incidentally Gaddafi was almost gone this weekend as well.

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Incidentally Gaddafi was almost gone this weekend as well.

Coincidence?... ;)

Ashi
05-02-2011, 09:03 AM
^^^^^

Hmm, i don't think the Pakistani government can carry off such a balancing act. The Pakistani Intelligence services on the other hand....

Ashi
05-02-2011, 09:04 AM

Because he was disowned by his country many years ago.

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 09:06 AM
^^^^^

Hmm, i don't think the Pakistani government can carry off such a balancing act. The Pakistani Intelligence services on the other hand....

Difficult to tell really. But yeah you're right, the Pakistani intelligence services would almost certainly have know his werabouts from day one. I also find it interesting that 'only' America was involved in his killing according many news outlets :lol: Obama wanting all the glory. ALL HAIL HERO OBAMA :retard:

fast_clay
05-02-2011, 09:06 AM
And now he's a martyr. Should have let him die of natural causes.

yep... funny the celebration and lack of foresight... western forces had more to gain by keeping him alive at this stage... osama's active days were spent... he's no good to anyone as a martyr...

fresh blood on the scene...

Ashi
05-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Difficult to tell really. But yeah you're right, the Pakistani intelligence services would almost certainly have know his werabouts from day one. I also find it interesting that 'only' America was invlved in his killing according many news outlets :lol: Obama wanting all the glory. ALL HAIL HERO OBAMA :retard:

That's not fooling anyone sorry.;)

It is being claimed that the ISI built the compound for him. :shrug:

habibko
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
great news! though I wished this Saudi exile would have been trialed and humiliated first before getting executed, oh well.

hopefully every single one who follow his path will meet the same fate, the Saudis of them before anyone else.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 09:09 AM
My first reaction: Osama who?

the utter irrelevancy of this at this point surprises even myself.

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 09:15 AM
That's not fooling anyone sorry.;)

It is being claimed that the ISI built the compound for him. :shrug:

ISI :smash:

habibko
05-02-2011, 09:34 AM
I would like to see a pic of the body though, they are gonna release one eventually won't they?

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 09:40 AM
You are an idiot

A little bit of explanation would maybe help this idiot understand your reasoning. Please use short easy-to-understand words.

JolánGagó
I would like to see a pic of the body though, they are gonna release one eventually won't they?

Well i hope so, unless they naively consider the world naive enough to just believe.

habibko
http://i.imgur.com/KDssc.jpg

good one :lol: and good on him, up yours tea party and right-winged fuckers

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 09:43 AM

I was hoping you would show up. Can you briefly explain if burial at sea is a Muslim tradition? This seems odd, considering where Islam was centred.

I would like to know who pulled the trigger. I am sure he had plans never to be taken alive.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 09:45 AM
but honestly, i rather have them killing Gaddaffi or Assad now, way more productive.

habibko
05-02-2011, 09:48 AM
I have found an image on Aljazeera site taken from Pakistani sources

http://www.aljazeera.net/mritems/images/2011/5/2/1_1058037_1_23.jpg

source (http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/2F09761A-7F7A-4A20-9CB9-A93E1B1537BE.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic_Current_Current _Current_Current_Current_Current_Current)

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 09:53 AM
I have found an image on Aljazeera site taken from Pakistani sources

http://www.aljazeera.net/mritems/images/2011/5/2/1_1058037_1_23.jpg

source (http://www.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/2F09761A-7F7A-4A20-9CB9-A93E1B1537BE.htm?wbc_purpose=Basic_Current_Current _Current_Current_Current_Current_Current)

total fake.

http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2011/05/02/portada/1304311970_extras_portada_1.jpg

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Sight of americans dancing like monkeys, celebrating someone's death is just priceless.
To cheer them up, I assure all of the americans that there are dozens of Benny's successors just waiting for this moment.
This war will never end.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 09:56 AM
It is election day in Canada. I think this is all a ruse to give a boost to the Conservative vote. The left were campaigning on there being nothing for Canadian forces to do in that area.

Ashi
05-02-2011, 09:56 AM
total fake.

http://estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.net/elmundo/imagenes/2011/05/02/portada/1304311970_extras_portada_1.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Sight of americans dancing like monkeys, celebrating someone's death is just priceless.
:banana::banana::banana::banana:

habibko
05-02-2011, 10:02 AM
I was hoping you would show up. Can you briefly explain if burial at sea is a Muslim tradition? This seems odd, considering where Islam was centred.

I would like to know who pulled the trigger. I am sure he had plans never to be taken alive.

not a normal tradition, but it's allowed in cases where it's feared the body will rot before land can be reached, in which case the body is washed, shrouded in white cloth, funeral prayer is performed and "thrown" in the sea, that is the only Fatwa I know of so I'm assuming they meant that they did those Islamic rituals before throwing him, of course having him thrown in sea when he could have been buried isn't exactly Islamic.

on another note, I'm disgusted by the level of sympathy I see in Arabic comments online, most are deeming him a martyr and hero and pray for him, reminds me of how people around me reacted to the death of Saddam Hussien :cuckoo: when I was heading to the hospital today I saw a neighbor at the parking lot and told him Bin Laden was killed and he said "God have mercy on him", I shouted: "may God not have mercy on that murderer", he smiled and shrugged..

why can't these people judge others according to their actions rather than just their status, religion and identity? messed up world *sigh*

jonathancrane
05-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Fox news:

http://i.imgur.com/ezsP6.jpg

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 10:06 AM
where would he be buried? what country on Earth would have him buried in its soil? obviously the only Islamic solution was the sea.

personally, i would've given the corpse to some islamabad pack of hungry stray dogs.

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Well If that picture is the only evidence of Osama's death, we have an epic fake then.
Nice move from republicans to completely discredit Obama's administration and to legitimize this whole war against terrorist crap.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 10:13 AM
not a normal tradition, but it's allowed in cases where it's feared the body will rot before land can be reached, in which case the body is washed, shrouded in white cloth, funeral prayer is performed and "thrown" in the sea, that is the only Fatwa I know of so I'm assuming they meant that they did those Islamic rituals before throwing him, of course having him thrown in sea when he could have been buried isn't exactly Islamic.

Haven't read all the news yet. I am assuming the body was taken to a US ship or something for positive identification. But it does seem strange that it was disposed of so quickly. Probably to pre-empt demonstrations against the body being in the hands of infidels.

No doubt there will be lots of speculation, but a living Osama could esily settle this.

habibko
05-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I assure all of the americans that there are dozens of Benny's successors just waiting for this moment.
This war will never end.

true, the new Osama bin Laden and his charismatic successor is already there, Anwar al-Awlaki.

but that doesn't mean the death of the defiant symbol of Bin Laden isn't significant or worth being happy about, not sure why celebrating the death of someone who brought them so much grief is such a bad thing.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Well If that picture is the only evidence of Osama's death, we have an epic fake then.
Nice move from republicans to completely discredit Obama's administration and to legitimize this whole war against terrorist crap.

The fake wasn't released by any American authority but by some Pakistani TV, in fact it's an old fake pic that already appeared on Nov 2010 here: http://windowintopalestine.blogspot.com/2010/11/years-of-deceit-us-openly-accepts-bin.html

you're welcome.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Fox news:

http://i.imgur.com/ezsP6.jpg

I wish this was a real picture, but it is not on Google. Therefore it can't be real!

jonathancrane
05-02-2011, 10:26 AM
I wish this was a real picture, but it is not on Google. Therefore it can't be real!

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/6087/22324410150584484685481.jpg

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 10:28 AM
Yeah, I should have said Yahoo was not reporting it. I am such an idiot.

The first picture you posted was best. I read it as "SPORTS: Obama Bin Laden Dead.

But it was just a local station, not the network.

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 10:29 AM
true, the new Osama bin Laden and his charismatic successor is already there, Anwar al-Awlaki.

but that doesn't mean the death of the defiant symbol of Bin Laden isn't significant or worth being happy about, not sure why celebrating the death of someone who brought them so much grief is such a bad thing.

Celebrating someone's death, regardless who he was, makes you nothing better than a Bin Laden's follower.

Yet, let's put this debate off until we get a valid confirmation of Benny's death.

jonathancrane
05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Celebrating someone's death, regardless who he was, makes you nothing better than a Bin Laden's follower.

Not really. Celebrate the death of a well known terrorist is not the same that celebrate the death of innocent civilians like Al-Qaeda followers do.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 10:35 AM

On what possible grounds would one not celebrate the demise of a mass murderer?

habibko
05-02-2011, 10:35 AM

says who?

so Iraqis celebrating Saddam's death were nothing better than his troops? what a fucked up logic

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 10:38 AM

What a pile of BS.

Come say the same after someone goes and kills your dear ones. In the meantime,

http://i51.tinypic.com/2zq7skp.jpg

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 10:38 AM
Not really. Celebrate the death of a well known terrorist is not the same that celebrate the death of innocent civilians like Al-Qaeda tards do.

Ok, maybe I overstated a bit, still I think it's not a proper behaviour for a normal person.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 10:41 AM
You probably don't know any normal people.

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 10:44 AM
Come say the same after someone goes and kills your dear ones.

I would blame americans on the first place, because they brought this war to us and many innocent civilians have died already thanks to their expansive policy.
I can also blame polish goverment for ass-licking strategy on USA since 1989, getting nothing in return.

Garson007
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM

:yeah: The USA don't seem to understand a lot of things (How terrorism works, what war does, how the economy works, how to protect your native middle class, etc). Awkward seeing as how they were the enlightened ones for quite some time.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
no, celebrating his death IS morbid, no matter how you turn it.

the president of the USA sent a team of assassins to kill him in another country, and is now celebrated as a hero. that's the world we live in, and another thing to think about.

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 10:58 AM

:worship:

This post should be preserved for further generations and it should become a mandatory reading classroom for all burger kids from USA.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:00 AM
:yeah: The USA don't seem to understand a lot of things (How terrorism works, what war does, how the economy works, how to protect your native middle class, etc). Awkward seeing as how they were the enlightened ones for quite some time.

What are you waiting for to re-enlighten "the USA" on all those things?

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
no, celebrating his death IS morbid, no matter how you turn it.

"morbid" as in "human"? big deal.

come again after some of yours have been victim of some SOB.

Ashi
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Pakistani Taliban has already threatened attacks on Pakistani civilians and Pakistani Leaders for allowing this capture and killing. :scared:

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:04 AM
I find the level of celebration around the white house hard to watch, though I understand the feeling of some liberation.
It is a certain kind of pathetic, indeed.

:yeah:

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:06 AM
What are you waiting for to re-enlighten "the USA" on all those things?
Re-enlighten? They're already too far gone. The USA collapse is inevitable. Inevitable because they chose to not give their population a proper education.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Re-enlighten? They're already too far gone. The USA collapse is inevitable. Inevitable because they chose to not give their population a proper education.

are you drunk again? just asking.

Dini
05-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Very good news but it's an extreme form of wishful thinking to think that this would cause terrorism to slow down. In fact, I'd say Al Qaeda would be further spurred on by this as an act of revenge.

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:09 AM

Nope. Education solves everything. It's an investment the USA never made.

Certinfy
05-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Good.

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 11:10 AM

What is your real name? George W.Bush or John McCaine? Just asking.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Nope. Education solves everything. It's an investment the USA never made.

It must be Kwazulu-Natal universities where people from all over the world rush or dream about rushing to.

I was hoping on the drunk theory. It's much worse.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 11:12 AM
"morbid" as in "human"? big deal.

come again after some of yours have been victim of some SOB.

were all the people who are celebrating now victims or related to victims? no.

what bothers me is this nation wide (or even worldwide) brainwash taking place.

so obama can pick the next target now, convince the people he's the bad guy and launch a full scale witch hunt on him, for whatever (real) purpose, and the whole world claps.

:shrug:

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:14 AM
It must be Kwazulu-Natal universities where people from all over the world rush or dream about rushing to.

I was hoping on the drunk theory. It's much worse.
That's exactly the problem. You're not seeing it. I never said the USA had anything but the best professors at their top universities.

scoobs
05-02-2011, 11:17 AM
hmm many thoughts.

I'm not a celebrator of someone dying but I can certainly understand how many people in this case are - certainly the world is a better place without this man in it. And it should be remembered that the victims of 9/11 - American and international - never really got any sort of closure from that horrific incident. 10 years after the invasion of Afghanistan, which was ostensibly to capture Bin Laden and punish the Taliban for aiding him, the US and allied forces are still in Afghanistan - that was has not been "won", and Bin Laden escaped until last night.

For the victims and their loved ones, they at least have some feeling of closure - he was blamed for 9/11 and now he's paid the price for it - whether or not there's a lot of logic to that position is not the point - it's not logical, it's psychological and it's emotional.

For me, I hope it doesn't turn out that a dead martyr is more problematic than a live terrorist. I see Hamas have already issued a statement condemning the killing - not a response likely to engender much sympathy from the West or Israel and likely to chill the prospects of progress in that arena even further. There will at least be attempts made to organise revenge attacks, no doubt. Since we know so little about how effective Al Qaida is as an organisation, we don't know how successful it will be in organising reprisals, or in continuing now its charismatic figurehead is no longer at the helm.

I watched Obama's statement and noted the reference to the victims, their families, the gaps it had left at dinner tables, etc. I just wish some consideration were given to the same innocents in places like Pakistan, Afghanistan and elsewhere who also became victims in this war because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time - places where it was believed that Bin Laden or his supporters were based, or operating.

The problems all this created have not gone away - radicalization, perpetual war against boogeymen, ever-increased curtailment of civil liberties in the name of elusive security... The world changed on 9/11 - the politicians were right about that. It did not change for the better and it doesn't look like it's going to get better any time soon, whether Bin Laden is still with us or not.

buddyholly
the president of the USA sent a team of assassins to kill him in another country, and is now celebrated as a hero.

What a strange sentence. You mean he should have invited Bin Laden to come to America? The President was doing his job.

Nadull_tard

what bothers me is this nation wide (or even worldwide) brainwash taking place.

so obama can pick the next target now, convince the people he's the bad guy and launch a full scale witch hunt on him, for whatever (real) purpose, and the whole world claps.

Welcome to mass media world, you only need a remote control and some chips with beer, brain is unnecessary.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 11:19 AM
the world is the same as it was 24 hours ago :lol: , for those who think this changed anything

JolánGagó

many of those in Times Square for sure were. as for the rest, they're entitled to exercise empathy.

this makes little sense. since when was Bin L a target picked? let alone picked by Obama. he picked himself, no one had to be convinced of anything by anyone other than himself.

finishingmove
What a strange sentence. You mean he should have invited Bin Laden to come to America? The President was doing his job.

which is vendetta?

buddyholly
I can also blame polish goverment for ass-licking strategy on USA since 1989, getting nothing in return.

You got your freedom.

jonathancrane

But the thing is: Bin Laden was a "bad guy". What's wrong killing him? (although I would have prefered capturing him alive)

Castafiore
05-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I find it naive to expect people to not celebrate this man's death.

Of course, terrorism is far from over but right after 9/11, Osama's joy in destroying innocent life (videos) and the encouragement to do more of the same is etched in people's memories and you don't have to be related to a victim to understand why some are relieved to see him dead.

Unless some think that those videos are all fake and fabricated by the USA so they can blow up things.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to mass media world, you only need a remote control and some chips with beer, brain is unnecessary.

you need not say.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 11:23 AM
this makes little sense. since when was Bin L a target picked? let alone picked by Obama. he picked himself, no one had to be convinced of anything by anyone other than himself.

my point is that the US gives itself the authority to destroy anything they don't like.

not even its own citizens are safe from those kinds of politics, so that leaves few that can really be happy about it.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 11:24 AM
which is vendetta?

Justice.

Your posts here are getting more deranged by the minute. You are rushing to the defence of a mass murderer.

Nadull_tard
05-02-2011, 11:24 AM
You got your freedom.

You have no idea what you are talking about, though I can't expect some basic knowledge of history from a person who was brough up in Canada .

That said, Americans had nothing to do with this.

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Justice.
:haha: Cute name for revenge.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 11:26 AM
Justice.

Your posts here are getting more deranged by the minute.

thanks for this constructive comment that you used to back up your arguments.

i guess you can go take a walk now and enjoy the fresh air of freedom, because the world has been saved today.

habibko
05-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Arsen sad for the death of Bin Laden? now that's something I didn't expect

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 11:30 AM
Arsen sad for the death of Bin Laden? now that's something I didn't expect

not sad at all

i'm just bringing a different view on the subject

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:32 AM
my point is that the US gives itself the authority to destroy anything they don't like.

i don't get your logic. don't you retaliate when someone violently attacks you with lethal intentions and results and vows to keep on doing so until your final destruction?

not even its own citizens are safe from those kinds of politics, so that leaves few that can really be happy about it.

that's a real danger citizens must find a way to manage. despite the real threats "war on terrorism" poses to citizens' liberties, last time i checked the constitutional system of rights had not yet collapsed.

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Since it seems that JolánGagó didn't get the gist of my last post, or at least didn't show it. (He probably still thinks I'm drunk.)

Let me put it more simply: How many of the American citizens actually have Bachelor degrees? In a country as strong economically as the USA you need to offer your citizens good free education. You need to elevate them above the rest of the world. The USA has not done it. Why did the USA need to do that? Because a good economy means a positive migration index (I.e. the Mexicans and the Turks of the world). If you don't raise your own native population above that of the lesser seeking immigrants you are going to falter. You can't have two people have the same qualification, but the other asking for twice as much money just because he's native; the native population cannot survive the competition. The USA should have embraced the Mexican population as their working class long ago and in return give natives free education.

Take Germany as an example of a country that has made it work. Their highly qualified population is one of their best exports in the world. Yes, especially to the highly rated USA universities.

scoobs
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I wonder, though, if the US Government will do some serious thinking about the doctrine of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", after this.

After all, the US played a role in funding Bin Laden, arming him, training him and his fellow mujahideen in Afghanistan in the 1980s to fight the USSR in the name of the Cold War. Then he turned on them US after American troops and instruments of war were given access to Saudi Arabia for the first Persian Gulf War.

Somehow I doubt it.

Topspindoctor
05-02-2011, 11:37 AM

You are mistaken. They only give themselves the authority to destroy anything they don't like in third world countries who can't do shit about it. Do you really think if Osama was hiding in Russia or China, for example, instead of Pakistan they'd have the balls to send a chopper full of navy SEALs there and invite a war which could turn the world into nuclear desert? Not a chance.

barbadosan
05-02-2011, 11:38 AM

On a sidebar, there'r currently riots in downtown State College over this. It's the night before finals and everyone wanted an excuse to drink one more time before we leave. I love Penn State...and America.

You think the military could have gone in on their own to do this? The Pres (whoever it might have been) would have had to sign off on that type of operation, esp in view of the target

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:38 AM
i don't get your logic. don't you retaliate when someone violently attacks you with lethal intentions and results and vows to keep on doing so until your final destruction?
Nope. If it's not an accident then I'd wish for them to be rehabilitated. There is no place for anger, violence or "justice" in this world.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Since it seems that JolánGagó didn't get the gist of my last post, or at least didn't show it. (He probably still thinks I'm drunk.)

Let me put it more simply: How many of the American citizens actually have Bachelor degrees? In a country as strong economically as the USA you need to offer your citizens good free education. You need to elevate them above the rest of the world. The USA has not done it. Why did the USA need to do that? Because a good economy means a positive migration index (I.e. the Mexicans and the Turks of the world). If you don't raise your own native population above that of the lesser seeking immigrants you are going to falter. You can't have two people have the same qualification, but the other asking for twice as much money just because he's native; the native population cannot survive the competition. The USA should have embraced the Mexican population as their working class long ago and in return give natives free education.

Take Germany as an example of a country that has made it work. Their highly qualified population is one of their best exports in the world. Yes, especially to the highly rated USA universities.

I don't think this is the right place and time to discuss the utter BS points you're raising above.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Nope. If it's not an accident then I'd wish for them to be rehabilitated. There is no place for anger, violence or "justice" in this world.

that's what i sort of like you after all, you're a half decent troll sometimes.

Har-Tru
05-02-2011, 11:45 AM
Fantastic news.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 11:46 AM
thanks for this constructive comment that you used to back up your arguments.

i guess you can go take a walk now and enjoy the fresh air of freedom, because the world has been saved today.

What more argument is necessary? The man was responsible for killing thousands of innocent people. Justice was served.

It's raining.

scoobs
05-02-2011, 11:46 AM
God, and I thought I was a bleeding heart liberal. It's a lovely idea. Doesn't have much to do with the real world, though.

Garson007
05-02-2011, 11:50 AM
God, and I thought I was a bleeding heart liberal. It's a lovely idea. Doesn't have much to do with the real world, though.
Unfortunately. One has the right to dream though.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 11:51 AM
In a country as strong economically as the USA you need to offer your citizens good free education. You need to elevate them above the rest of the world. The USA has not done it. Why did the USA need to do that? Because a good economy means a positive migration index (I.e. the Mexicans and the Turks of the world). If you don't raise your own native population above that of the lesser seeking immigrants you are going to falter. You can't have two people have the same qualification, but the other asking for twice as much money just because he's native; the native population cannot survive the competition. The USA should have embraced the Mexican population as their working class long ago and in return give natives free education.

I hope I am misunderstanding you.

As a matter of interest, do you care to say what race you are?

barbadosan
05-02-2011, 11:52 AM
where would he be buried? what country on Earth would have him buried in its soil? obviously the only Islamic solution was the sea.

personally, i would've given the corpse to some islamabad pack of hungry stray dogs.

I think you've summed up the problem very well. Any country accepting his body would have hell to keep his place of burial secret for all time - and any indication of where he was buried means they would have created a visible shrine... if they could actually find a country that would do it, which is doubtful.

And he would have to be buried according to Islam practice/requirement (within 24 hours), so I think the burial at sea was a no-brainer in the end. And to not bury him in the required time, would have been needlessly and senselessly inflame Moslem passions worldwide, including the many millions who had no sympathy for Osama

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 11:54 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about, though I can't expect some basic knowledge of history from a person who was brough up in Canada .

Why do you make totally unfounded assumptions?

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Nope. If it's not an accident then I'd wish for them to be rehabilitated. There is no place for anger, violence or "justice" in this world.:lol:

You are confusing Bin laden with Lindsay Lohan, maybe.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 11:57 AM
What more argument is necessary? The man was responsible for killing thousands of innocent people. Justice was served.

It's raining.

perhaps it has, but it's definitely not the job of the united states president to serve justice to the world :lol:

that's not even the job of captain america, i think he's also limited to the states :lol:

the problem is there's nobody to solve these issues, and then USA steps in because they can.

and that's worrisome.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 12:00 PM
CNN showing footage from inside the compound.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 12:02 PM
perhaps it has, but it's definitely not the job of the united states president to serve justice to the world :lol:

that's not even the job of captain america, i think he's also limited to the states :lol:

the problem is there's nobody to solve these issues, and then USA steps in because they can.

and that's worrisome.

Last time i checked WTC was located in the US, not "the world", and it is the US, not "the world" whom BL has vowed to obliterate from the map and consistently acted to fullfill that mission.

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 12:07 PM

Justice for all the nationalities killed on 9/11

Castafiore
05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, it's easier to sit there and point at all that's going wrong in this world and let others solve the issues for you so that you can keep on pointing your finger.

Osama Bin Laden was the man behind the death of many innocent people on US soil with the promise to do more damage, hence the USA made it its target. :shrug:

barbadosan
05-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I wonder, though, if the US Government will do some serious thinking about the doctrine of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend", after this.

After all, the US played a role in funding Bin Laden, arming him, training him and his fellow mujahideen in Afghanistan in the 1980s to fight the USSR in the name of the Cold War. Then he turned on them US after American troops and instruments of war were given access to Saudi Arabia for the first Persian Gulf War.

Somehow I doubt it.

I doubt it too scoobs. One of the sadly ironic things about 9/11, is that it was the SECOND 9/11 to have taken place; the first happened in 1973 if memory serves me right - in Chile, when the democratically elected government was overthrown by the CIA-backed military led by Pinochet. Roughly 5,000 civilians died that day.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 12:14 PM
I doubt it too scoobs. One of the sadly ironic things about 9/11, is that it was the SECOND 9/11 to have taken place; the first happened in 1973 if memory serves me right - in Chile, when the democratically elected government was overthrown by the CIA-backed military led by Pinochet. Roughly 5,000 civilians died that day.

Oh please, there have been scores of more significant events than that overall. Significance appart, I fail to spot the 9/11-esque qualities of Pinochet coup.

Please stop trolling.

barbadosan
05-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Oh please, there have been scores of more significant events than that overall. Significance appart, I fail to spot the 9/11-esque qualities of Pinochet coup.

Please stop trolling.

Trolling my foot. that loss of civilian life remains the highest civilian loss of life recorded in any one day - and the statute of limitations for releasing US documents on that issue having long run out, you can go and read for yourself Nixon and Kissinger's paranoid fear of Allende which led to the coup, though to give CIA their due, they DID advise against it

And something's serious wrong with you somewhere, if you think a coup by a brutal dictator that cost so many lives and overthrows a democratically elected government is "less" significant, God help us all

Nor does your relegation of it as an "event", negate the fact that it was a significant loss of life that occurred on September 11, 1973

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 12:26 PM
This thread has become a series of posts offering history and geopolitical lessons by 21 year olds :scratch:

When I walk by Ground Zero in about an hour, I'll be sure to raise all these points with the families of the victims and first responders who had colleagues and friends die there 10 years ago.

barbadosan
05-02-2011, 12:29 PM
If you're referring to me, you can triple the age example

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 12:31 PM
If you're referring to me, you can triple the age example

I wasn't referring to you at all. You make a valid point.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Trolling my foot. that loss of civilian life remains the highest civilian loss of life recorded in any one day - and the statute of limitations for releasing US documents on that issue having long run out, you can go and read for yourself Nixon and Kissinger's paranoid fear of Allende which led to the coup, though to give CIA their due, they DID advise against it

And something's serious wrong with you somewhere, if you think a coup by a brutal dictator that cost so many lives and overthrows a democratically elected government is "less" significant, God help us all

Nor does your relegation of it as an "event", negate the fact that it was a significant loss of life that occurred on September 11, 1973

Wildly off-topic, open a thread.

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 12:43 PM

Somehow I doubt it.

It's what ever suits them at the time. We're no better when playing this game either.

The US should have taken him out after the 1998 East Africa bombings.

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Pakistani Taliban has already threatened attacks on Pakistani civilians and Pakistani Leaders for allowing this capture and killing. :scared:

A bomb has gone off already in Pakistan :sad:

Ashi
05-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Oh No! :sobbing:

Johnny Groove
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
This is not an end, only a new beginning. Of course Americans are celebrating his death. 9/11 was almost 10 years ago, but we don't forget.

This offers up something resembling closure for many people all over the world. But as I said, this is not an end, just a beginning.

There will be a new head of Al-Qaeda and terrorism is not dead. But the death of Osama is symbolic, and will inspire emotions positive and negative all over the world.

But the battle is not done, it is not over. Everyone must remain vigilant.

vucina
05-02-2011, 01:19 PM

Why aren't you? He was personally supervising the beheading of our captured soldiers in Bosnia.
You don't have to give a shit about WTC.

Sapeod
05-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Good day in the world.

A great day to celebrate.

We are free of that menace now.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 01:28 PM
Why aren't you? He was personally supervising the beheading of our captured soldiers in Bosnia.

and the americans were aiding croat forces in that war

and also bombed serbia in 1999.

so who did more damage?

vucina
05-02-2011, 01:30 PM
and the americans were aiding croat forces in that war

and also bombed serbia in 1999.

so who did more damage?
Why do you have to take a side? Both did damage, both are enemies.

finishingmove
05-02-2011, 01:34 PM
i'm not defending osama actually, just pointing out the irony

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
There will be a new head of Al-Qaeda and terrorism is not dead. But the death of Osama is symbolic, and will inspire emotions positive and negative all over the world.

Things I would never think of: Someone just said that a lot of his fanatic followers believed that Allah would keep him immune from danger. Now they have to reconsider.

Luinir
05-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Things I would never think of: Someone just said that a lot of his fanatic followers believed that Allah would keep him immune from danger. Now they have to reconsider.

omg you are so hopeless :rolleyes:

Luinir
05-02-2011, 02:11 PM

hmmm, well. let's say, what was doing your soldiers in srebrenica? :rolleyes: i mean it never ends with a logic like that.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 02:13 PM
omg you are so hopeless :rolleyes:

a very handy thing to say after you hopelessly try to come up with something of value.

tennizen
05-02-2011, 02:17 PM
*Stolen from the Internet*

Well at least he got to see the royal wedding

This is the best thing I read about this news.

vucina
05-02-2011, 02:17 PM
hmmm, well. let's say, what was doing your soldiers in srebrenica? :rolleyes: i mean it never ends with a logic like that.
Our army was putting an end to 3 years of pillaging Serbian villages around Srebrenica, ****** and murdering of 2500 Serbian civilians by Naser Oric's forces who were supposed to be disarmed by Dutch forces. Srebrenica was declared a demilitarized zone, and instead it had 10000 Muslim soldiers armed to their teeth.

scoobs
05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
His last words are believed to be

"I knew I shouldn't have signed up to FourSquare and taken over as mayor of Abbottabad..."

bokehlicious
05-02-2011, 02:19 PM
yeah yeah Milosevic was a scapegoat :rolleyes: gotta love the serbian propaganda as usual :zzz:

vucina
05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
yeah yeah Milosevic was a scapegoat :rolleyes: gotta love the serbian propaganda as usual :zzz:

Keep whining Calimero. Do you know how much we don't give a shit about your opinion and support?

Luinir
05-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Our army was putting an end to 3 years of pillaging Serbian villages around Srebrenica, ****** and murdering of 2500 Serbian civilians by Naser Oric's forces who were supposed to be disarmed by Dutch forces. Srebrenica was declared a demilitarized zone, and instead it had 10000 Muslim soldiers armed to their teeth.

classic nationalist. slobodan milosevic is your hero, no?

scoobs
05-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Let's not get started on Balkan issues, shall we? That's going way off topic.

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Yes please stop this Yugo wars crap FFS, open a new thread for the interested.

vucina
05-02-2011, 02:30 PM
classic nationalist. slobodan milosevic is your hero, no?
No. Milosevic was never a nationalist. And neither am I, but maybe we have different definitions of nationalism.

Henry Chinaski
05-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Rip

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 02:32 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about, though I can't expect some basic knowledge of history from a person who was brough up in Canada

BH is from northern ireland raised in a family with loyalist backgrounds. i personally think that explains a lot

Action Jackson
05-02-2011, 02:35 PM
Arsenal lost a former season ticket holder. I didn't know he was Bin Ladenovic.

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Arsenal lost a former season ticket holder. I didn't know he was Bin Ladenovic.

Yes I'm sure Wenger has a paranoid rant on the raid prepared :lol:

abraxas21
05-02-2011, 02:45 PM

and that's worrisome.

+1

all in all, it's not bad that osama died but i question the methods and the idelogy behind the whole war on terror and indeed the western hawkish mentality in general. there's no need but to look at all the brits and americans who think their countries should intervene in north africa. many westerners actually still think they ride their big white horses and can tell others how things should be done and what is going to be tolerated by them.

tangerine_dream
05-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Boy, it sure didn't take long for the 9/11 Truthers here to move on to questioning US "motives", and whether OBL was truly killed and buried at sea. MTF class all the way. You are the true enlightened ones. :worship:

That's how we've always gotten rid of toxic waste. I feel bad for the marine life, tho. :sad:

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I do find it distasteful that several newspapers chose to put pictures of people celebrating Osama's death in the streets last night on their front page. Not necessary.

peribsen
05-02-2011, 03:21 PM
Justice for all the nationalities killed on 9/11

You are always presenting yourself as a champion of the fight against terrorism, but if you want me to buy it, you'll have to stop being so choosy with what you consider as terrorism.

Because it would seem that almost anything ever done against the West meets your critera for terrorism, yet:

- The murder attempt on Ayatollah Fadlallah (Beirut 1985, missed its target but blew up 80 passers by), done by the Lebanese with CIA backing, seems to have passed under your radar.

- Support (very active support) for the Contra in Nicaragua (whos tactics were very often terroristic) would seem to be a legitimate means of defending the 'free world'.

- Dropping 1,000 lbs air force bombs on an apartment block in Ghaza is somehow legitimate, and the expected dozens of innocents blasted to pieces are simply 'sad collateral victims' (for your info, Western Air Forces usually keep 125, 250, 500, 1,000 and 2,000 lb bombs in their arsenals, so a 1 tonner is in no way a small weapon for use in 'surgical' attacks -if such a thing exists-).

- Firing rockets on Israeli neighborhoods is wrong, but moving into neighborhoods from which the original owners have been evicted by force (and may well be the very same guys who are firing the rockets) is not exactly an 'innocent' behaviour, but an act of violence in its own way.

I could go on (oh boy could I), but I really think it would be easier if you condemned all forms of use of terror for political motivations, no matter who is doing the shooting.

Everko
05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
It's not a lot I agree with the USA but this is a good thing. Bin Laden was a terror to not only the USA and did many terrible things. Victory for the world. I'm glad they didn't make a shrine for his body becasue some crazies will flock to it.

Habibko, I have also had several people say things like "Rest his soul" and such about him. I can't believe that they don't see all the terror he did to more than the USA. I don't care what religion he is. He is one of the people in this world that is better dead(there are only a few others)

Ilovetheblues_86
05-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Thailand and Cambodia clash again along border

Houses in the area were destroyed in the fighting
At least four soldiers have been killed in fighting along the border between Thailand and Cambodia, raising the death toll to 10 in two days.

So my conclusion of today is:

Everyone kills.
Third word countries are dumb and stuuupid.
America can kill whatever they want because everyone kill whatever they want.

So congrats for killing an enemy, may you kill many more. (?)

peribsen
05-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Bin Laden was a terror to not only the USA and did many terrible things. Victory for the world.

bin Laden was much more an enemy of the Muslim world than of the West, the vast majority of his victims were Muslim, and it was for power over the Muslim world that he was fighting, not for the destruction of the US, whatever idiotic phrases ('they hate us because we are free' and the like) Bush' propaganda may have concocted. So the biggest beneficiary is the Muslim world.

It remains to be seen, however, whether his dissapearance will have much impact. Was he running any show at this late date, or was he only the figure who jumpstarted a loose coalition of autonomous groups that will go on, OBL or no OBL?

Everko
05-02-2011, 03:40 PM
bin Laden was much more an enemy of the Muslim world than of the West, the vast majority of his victims were Muslim, and it was for power over the Muslim world that he was fighting, not for the destruction of the US, whatever idiotic phrases ('they hate us because we are free' and the like) Bush' propaganda may have concocted. So the biggest beneficiary is the Muslim world.

?

exactly correct.

Bilbo
05-02-2011, 03:43 PM
cya osama

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 03:45 PM
BH is from northern ireland raised in a family with loyalist backgrounds. i personally think that explains a lot

What the hell is a loyalist background?

JolánGagó
05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
"I determined we had enough intelligence.... today, at my direction...."

this man's shameless sense of self-importance is puke-inducing.

fast_clay
05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
It remains to be seen, however, whether his dissapearance will have much impact. Was he running any show at this late date, or was he only the figure who jumpstarted a loose coalition of autonomous groups that will go on, OBL or no OBL?

the latter you'd have to suspect... bin laden's active days were over pretty much the day he hit the western mainstream media...

killing him in the same generation (+10 years) as the one he made a name for himself only serves for a stronger martyrdom...

too strong a celebration would betray a foolish nature in my opinion... very foolish... only sets up a race for a successor while his memory of his death and memory of his deeds are fresh... in our time...

home security budgets raised...? sensible option... and maybe his death suits many other ends to further control the population/s and reduce civil liberties in ways that aren't apparent yet... who knows...

ibreak4coffee
05-02-2011, 03:58 PM
"I determined we had enough intelligence.... today, at my direction...."

this man's shameless sense of self-importance is puke-inducing.

This is one of the stupidest posts in this thread. Your ignorance of US politics is also. That's how ALL US presidents - who double as the commander in chief - speak.

Would you preferred him to say "Today I was fortunate enough to be copied in on some intelligence we received from Afghanistan. I wasn't sure what to do. I asked my advisors very nicely what we should do. They told me. At that point, we held a vote, and the decision was taken..."

God forbid the US president would ever project authority and decisiveness... or take these types of decisions a President is elected to make.

peribsen
05-02-2011, 04:00 PM
home security budgets raised...? sensible option...

And maybe even changing some things about Western international policies, you know, like getting at the roots of the problem and not just the symptoms for a change (which doesn't at all mean ignoring the latter)?

Something tells me frogs will fly before that happens.

Garson007
05-02-2011, 04:02 PM
As a matter of interest, do you care to say what race you are?
I'm South African born. My most common ancestry being Scottish, French and Dutch. I.e. Caucasian.

scoobs
05-02-2011, 04:03 PM
I think so far Obama has been extraordinarily restrained in terms of claiming credit and insisting that he took the decisive choices.

I can only imagine what Shrub would have done - but I imagine it would have involved Ground Zero, the tattered American flag, and shameless self-promotion.

Everko
05-02-2011, 04:04 PM
garson earlier in the thread you were saying the US should not be celebrating this. But you still think that the death of Bin Laden is nothing but good for the world, correct?

fast_clay
05-02-2011, 04:12 PM
And maybe even changing some things about Western international policies, you know, like getting at the roots of the problem and not just the symptoms for a change (which doesn't at all mean ignoring the latter)?

Something tells me frogs will fly before that happens.

yeah... terrorising ones own subjects worked ever so well last time... would be silly not to see if they cant give it another roll...

the incredible outpouring of support for the usa after 9/11 was quickly replaced by a culture of fear
in the search for support of random acts of violence including iraq... pretty useful machine that, the culture of fear...

Garson007
05-02-2011, 04:21 PM
What the hell is a loyalist background?
I'm guessing British Empire supporter?

[...]getting at the roots of the problem and not just the symptoms [...]
I and my others have been saying for years that any act of terrorism is the symptom of a greater problem. Terrorism is always reactive, never active.

garson earlier in the thread you were saying the US should not be celebrating this. But you still think that the death of Bin Laden is nothing but good for the world, correct?
I would have preferred him being taken captive and tried, but if he posed lethal danger to his would-be capturers they had little other option than to shoot him. Yes, disposing him from his capabilities to lead was important, since he did take away human lives and had the potential and ideological strife to take even more.

EKSTREMISTA
05-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Osama Bin Laden Has Been Dead For Years

http://www.antichristconspiracy.com/Osama%20Bin%20Laden.jpg

Now that Osama's dead body is being trotted out to boost Obama's approval ratings, er, because he was just killed in an air strike or some nonsense, it's worth taking a look back at the researchers who concluded Osama bin Laden died years ago. David Ray Griffin wrote an entire book about it. Mike Rivero also wrote the article "Osama bin Laden: A dead nemesis perpetuated by the US government," where he cited numerous heads of state, CIA agents, intelligence officials, etc. who all concluded Osama has been dead for years.

Here's a run down of some of the evidence detailed in David Ray Griffin's book from an article he wrote in October, 2009.:

Objective Evidence that Bin Laden is Dead

The objective evidence includes the following facts:

First, up until mid-December 13, 2001, the CIA had regularly been intercepting messages between bin Laden and his people. At that time, however, the messages suddenly stopped, and the CIA has never again intercepted a message.

Second, on December 26, 2001, a leading Pakistani newspaper published a story reporting that bin Laden had died in mid-December, adding:

“A prominent official in the Afghan Taleban movement . . . stated . . . that he had himself attended the funeral of bin Laden and saw his face prior to burial.”
Third, bin Laden had kidney disease. He had been treated for it in the American Hospital in Dubai in July 2001, at which time he reportedly ordered two dialysis machines to take home. If you have ever wondered what bin Laden was doing the night before the 9/11 attacks, CBS News reported that he was being given kidney dialysis treatment in a hospital in Pakistan. And in January of 2001, Dr. Sanjay Gupta said – based on a video of bin Laden that had been made in either late November or early December of 2001 – that he appeared to be in the last stages of kidney failure.

Fourth, In July of 2002, CNN reported that bin Laden’s bodyguards had been captured in February of that year, adding: “Sources believe that if the bodyguards were captured away from bin Laden, it is likely the most-wanted man in the world is dead.”

Fifth, the United States has since 2001 offered a $25 million reward for any information leading to the capture or killing of bin Laden. But this reward offer has produced no such information, even though Pakistan has many desperately poor people, only about half of whom have been supportive of bin Laden.

Testimonial Evidence that Bin Laden Is Dead

In addition to this objective evidence, we had considerable testimony in 2002, from people in position to know, that bin Laden was dead, or probably so. These people included:

• President Musharraf of Pakistan;

• Dale Watson, the head of the FBI’s counterterrorism unit;

• Oliver North, who said: “I'm certain that Osama is dead. . . And so are all the other guys I stay in touch with”;

• President Hamid Karzai of Afghanistan;

• Sources within Israeli intelligence, who said that any new messages from bin Laden were “probably fabrications”;

• Sources within Pakistani intelligence, who “confirmed the death of . . . Osama Bin Laden” and “attributed the reasons behind Washington's hiding news on the death of Osama Bin Laden to the desire of the hawks of the American administration to use the issue of al-Qaida and international terrorism to invade Iraq.”
For this reason, perhaps, the stories about the demise of bin Laden largely came to an end in the latter part of 2002, when the United States was gearing up for its attack on Iraq. From then until now, there have been few such stories.

Recently, however, two former intelligence officers have spoken out. In October 2008, former CIA case officer Robert Baer suggested in passing during an interview on National Public Radio that bin Laden was no longer among the living. When Baer was asked about this, he said: “Of course he’s dead.”

In March of 2009, former Foreign Service officer Angelo Codevilla published an essay in the American Spectator entitled “Osama bin Elvis.” Explaining his title, Codevilla wrote: “Seven years after Osama bin Laden's last verifiable appearance among the living, there is more evidence for Elvis's presence among us than for his.”

This is an excellent article, with only one serious flaw. In 2007, Benazir Bhutto, being interviewed by David Frost, referred to Omar Sheikh as “the man who murdered Osama bin Laden.” Codevilla cited this statement as further evidence that bin Laden is dead. But Bhutto had simply misspoken: She had meant to say “the man who murdered Daniel Pearl,” which is the standard way of referring to Omar Sheikh. That she misspoke was shown the next day, when she told CNN: “I don’t think General Musharaf personally knows where Osama bin Laden is.” Ten days later, speaking to NPR, she reported having asked a policeman assigned to guard her house: “Shouldn’t you be looking for Osama bin Laden?” This flaw aside, Codevilla’s article provides good support for his claim that the widespread belief in bin Laden’s continued existence is not backed up by evidence.
The evidence Osama has been dead for years is overwhelming, people have been predicting for years his dead body was going to be trotted out as part of some PR stunt. Absent the presentation of some overwhelmingly compelling evidence to the contrary, it looks like that's what we're witnessing right now.

Chris | InformationLiberation

Garson007
05-02-2011, 04:30 PM
EKSTREMISTA: If that is true, then why say that he was in Pakistan. Surely that can't be good PR for the Pakistani state.

TNX1.0E6TOPCA
05-02-2011, 05:46 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/pix-perso/twin_towers.gif

Nathaliia
05-02-2011, 05:49 PM
well, i thought they killed him a few times before, or at least so they announced

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm South African born. My most common ancestry being Scottish, French and Dutch. I.e. Caucasian.

Well, that would explain your earlier post, I guess.

Black Adam
05-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Rush Limbaugh praising Barry O..what an interesting turn of events.

:lol: at Fox and Bloomberg focussing on what Bush did to help this happen.

P.S. It's a shame GlennMirnyi was tossed out :devil: his "intellect" would have been amusing in this thread. Finishingmove and Extremista just don't cut it.

Brick Top
05-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Biggest bullshit ever, both Obama and Osama are just a tools in the hands of Illuminati!

Orka_n
05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Biggest bullshit ever, both Obama and Osama are just a tools in the hands of Illuminati!The Majestic 12 you mean.

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 07:19 PM
:lol: at Fox and Bloomberg focussing on what Bush did to help this happen.

EKSTREMISTA
05-02-2011, 07:20 PM
EKSTREMISTA: If that is true, then why say that he was in Pakistan. Surely that can't be good PR for the Pakistani state.

If the cheering crowd at midnight outside the White House is any indication, the American people are ready to support more mass murder in the Middle East.
The supposed hit on Osama – without shred of evidence short of an image badly mangled in Photoshop that was debunked in short order like Obama’s birth certificate – will be used to reinvigorate the war on terror precisely at a time when new enemies are being manufactured in Africa.

Osama’s unverified assassination arrives on the heels of large protests in Pakistan over the CIA’s illegal drone attacks. More than a week ago, activists in Pakistan managed to blockade supplies headed to U.S. occupation forces in Afghanistan.

The Pakistani government has publicly condemned the drone strikes as undermining its sovereignty. Earlier this month, the country lodged a formal complaint with Washington over the use of CIA-run Predator drones.

The U.S. announced it plans to expand the war to Syria when Obama released an executive order to enforce new and more stringent sanctions against the Arab country and appealed to European North Atlantic Treaty Organization allies to do likewise.

Following Obama’s unconstitutional order, NATO and the U.S. murdered Gaddafi’s youngest son and three of his grandchildren. They also bombed a school for disabled children.

In addition to providing additional momentum for the flagging war on terror, the staged assassination of a terrorist with ties to the CIA who died almost ten years ago serves to distract the easily distracted masses away from serious economic dangers, most notably the engineered fall of the dollar as the world’s reserve currency and the related escalation of gas, food and commodity prices.

It is not certain if the government will use this unverified and unverifiable assassination – now that we are told Osama was buried at sea – as a pretext to engage in a false flag attack to further boost the wars and occupations abroad and expand the police state at home.

If the throng of chortling murder worshippers outside the White House last night is any indication of larger sentiment around the country in the wake of this fake assassination, it will not take much for the government to convince the people to support more mass murder in foreign lands and the continued debasement and destruction of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/staged-osama-assassination-get-ready-for-more-war.html

buddyholly
05-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Why are you bothering to reproduce the ravings of some racist extremist conspiracy theorists? They hate Obama just because he is black.

scoobs
05-02-2011, 07:47 PM
The clue may be in the username.

Sapeod
05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Why is everyone getting so worked up? Bin Laden is no more, let's celebrate :aparty:

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
Why is everyone getting so worked up? Bin Laden is no more, let's celebrate :aparty:

Shall we all have street parties? :rolleyes:

Sapeod
05-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Shall we all have street parties? :rolleyes:
Anything to enjoy ourselves :shrug:

Hell, I'm going to go outside and soak up as much sun as I can before it sets :cool:

safin-rules-no.1
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Anything to enjoy ourselves :shrug:

Hell, I'm going to go outside and soak up as much sun as I can before it sets :cool:

It's pitch black :confused:

Maybe we shouldn't celebrate until we see what retailations this brings.