What TV shows are you watching now? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

What TV shows are you watching now?

Pirata.
04-26-2011, 04:22 AM
I haven't watched much TV since Lost ended, but starting to pick it up again. Lately, I'm watching Game of Thrones and The Borgias, and I still watch Bones every once in a while.

So what are you watching? :)

orangehat
04-26-2011, 05:11 AM
Fringe
Vampire Diaries

Looking forward to 17th Precint and Iceland this fall though :rocker2:

way too many irrelevant sitcoms and procedurals on tv for me right now :lol:

ibreak4coffee
04-26-2011, 05:58 AM
I haven't watched much TV since Lost ended, but starting to pick it up again. Lately, I'm watching Game of Thrones and The Borgias, and I still watch Bones every once in a while.

So what are you watching? :)

The last season of Lost would have turned me off TV forever as well :)

Nothing beats 30 Rock. Really glad Treme is back for a second season on HBO.

Mad Men needs to start up again ASAP

Topspindoctor
04-26-2011, 06:17 AM
None atm, but I used to religiously watch Man vs Wild, that show is sick.

Shirogane
04-26-2011, 09:12 AM
Been watching less matches, and more series these days.
GoT, the Borgias yeah I definitely plan on watching these, along with Camelot, which looks pretty good too.

Lately I've been watching House, Castle, Masters of Horror, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate Universe, Treme, Mad Men and Californication.

jmjhb
04-26-2011, 09:54 AM
Shows I'm watching at the moment:

Fringe
The Killing
Archer
HIMYM
Chicago Code
Modern Family
Community
Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
The Office (US)
Treme
Game of Thrones
Nurse Jackie
Raising Hope
Justified
Stargate: Universe
The Event (terrible, but a guilty pleasure)
Supernatural

Shows I watched but have already ended for the season/got cancelled:

Running Wilde (I loved AD!)
Friday Night Lights
Caprica
Terriers (should have got a second season)
Lights Out (should have got a second season)
Rubicon (should have got a second season)
Shameless
Walking Dead
V

Shows I'm eagerly awaiting the return of:

Breaking Bad
Southland
South Park
Dexter
True Blood
Weeds
Warehouse 13
Entourage
Psych
Curb
White Collar
Burn Notice
Mad Men
Boardwalk Empire
Bored to Death
IASIP
Eastbound and Down
Louie
Sherlock
Misfits

..and that's not mentioning the seemingly never-ending list of "TV shows to watch" that I have my external HD, which includes the likes of House and Twin Peaks. A treasure trove of delights! :)

As you can see, I'm SUCH a TV junkie, though I have lots of spare time being a student. I'm only watching so much TV because this year film-wise has been TERRIBLE so far.

Elirj70
04-26-2011, 10:00 AM
I don´t know if you consider that a show but me and my wife watch religiously American Idol (we love music world).:singer:

GlennMirnyi
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
I usually watch 30 Rock, The Big Bang Theory, The Office, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Ricky Gervais Show and probably a couple more I can't remember right now.

Ben.
04-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Mad Men and Breaking Bad ofcourse. Unfortunately Mad Men season 5 wont start until next year though. Also Boardwalk Empire and I'm willing to forgive Dexter the atrocity that was season 5.

That are currently airing:
Justified
Treme
The Killing
Game Of Thrones

Recently watched Terriers, brilliant noir and a very well constructed season of TV, such a shame it was cancelled. Also watching Veronica Mars for the first time.

GlennMirnyi
04-26-2011, 04:58 PM
I hate all supernatural-themed shows.

I hate all vampire-themed shows.

I hate all mature women looking for young men shows.

jonathancrane
04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Fringe
Mad men
Treme
Boardwalk Empire
Dexter
Walking Dead

and Supernatural :o

GSMnadal
04-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Nothing beats watching How I Met Your Mother and still, after all those years, Friends (Greatest show of all time!!). Every now and then I pop in the Dvd's, just for some random episode. And when I'm really feeling crazy, just start from the first season and go through the whole epic rollercoaster for 10 seasons.

Most shows that are on TV right now do nothing for me, they're nothing special, have uninteresting characters and story lines. So I prefer to rewatch other classics like Prison Break and Lost (even though they went over the top in both of them for my taste) when I have time to kill.

Certinfy
04-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Only No Ordinary Family, was bored during the early hours of one morning and turned it on and I got addicted to it, didn't expect it to be as good as it was.

Pirata.
04-26-2011, 10:57 PM
The last season of Lost would have turned me off TV forever as well :)

Season 6 had its moments, but the finale was :o

Shirogane
04-27-2011, 10:13 AM
and Supernatural :o
The show I only hear good things about, and unfortunately never got to follow regularly, but it looks pretty good to me, with excellent production values and charismatic leads. You mean it's bad and you only watch it as guilty pleasure?

Only No Ordinary Family, was bored during the early hours of one morning and turned it on and I got addicted to it, didn't expect it to be as good as it was.Gotta love those Shield and Dexter references. :lol:

Kolya
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Mad Men
The Good Wife
Big Bang Theory
Modern Family

ibreak4coffee
04-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Season 6 had its moments, but the finale was :o

I was a massive Lost fan but the entire sixth season was the biggest TV disappointment of my life. You could tell as the season went on and major questions from the first few seasons weren't answered that they had simply been making everything up as they went along in the first three seasons, and then when they finally get the contract that guarantees them security and to finish the show as they like, that's the best they could come up with? It had nothing to do with the show I really loved watching in seasons 1-2

Li Ching Yuen
04-28-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm only keeping up with House.

I'm eagerly awaiting for the new season of Breaking Bad, the best show on tv in the last 5 years at least.

Pirata.
05-01-2011, 06:41 AM
I was a massive Lost fan but the entire sixth season was the biggest TV disappointment of my life. You could tell as the season went on and major questions from the first few seasons weren't answered that they had simply been making everything up as they went along in the first three seasons, and then when they finally get the contract that guarantees them security and to finish the show as they like, that's the best they could come up with? It had nothing to do with the show I really loved watching in seasons 1-2

The temple :o

Kate surviving :o

Sideways-verse turning out to be some crap magical island "heaven" :o

Basically the entire 6th (and some parts of the 5th) season was :help:

Ben.
05-01-2011, 09:34 AM
The temple :o

Kate surviving :o

Sideways-verse turning out to be some crap magical island "heaven" :o

Basically the entire 6th (and some parts of the 5th) season was :help:

At the time I defended the sixth season but looking back, yeh it was a dissapointment. Most of it was filler too, like the temple. Still there were some good episodes, the one that revealed the backstory of Richard comes to mind.

FiBeR
05-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Naruto :inlove:

Chair Umpire
06-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Fringe

Ivanatis
08-20-2011, 04:48 PM
rewatching Nip/Tuck, Boston Legal and Flodder right now

ibreak4coffee
08-20-2011, 04:49 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm is just classic this season so far :worship:

sexybeast
08-20-2011, 05:09 PM
The wire season 5 and it is the greatest show you will ever watch in your life if you have some patience.

straitup
08-20-2011, 05:17 PM
I stopped watching Lost after the 2nd season...1st season was fantastic, 2nd season it just started to unfold weirdly.

I mainly watch sports, but I like the Big Bang Theory. Hilarious show if you haven't seen it, basically there's 4 geeky scientists at a strong university, and two of them are roommates. A hot girl moves in across from them and it's just funny seeing how they interact. I also liked the US version of The Office but I haven't watched it recently and have heard that it has gotten a little weird

Dmitry Verdasco
08-21-2011, 08:26 AM
Bones, Q and A, Hamish & Andy's Gap Year, The Block and Real Housewives of anywhere if it's on.

Caesar1844
08-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Currently watching Burn Notice and Futurama, mostly because TV is currently a wasteland.

Looking forward to the following shows returning in September/October

Archer
Sherlock
Community
Modern Family

HIMYM has been pretty lame since the fourth season, but I still watch it out of loyalty.

Will also probably watch Castle, The Mentalist and Hawaii Five-0 on and off because they're good mindless fun that I don't have to follow week-to-week. Chuck and The Office I abandoned a few seasons ago.

Shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad I just don't have the time or the inclination to invest in. Used to watch The Wire and Mad Men but now I mainly stick to half hour comedies that are easy to fit around the rest of my life.

electronicmusic
08-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Suits

Filo V.
08-21-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm watching the Glee Project reunion right now!

Filo V.
08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Overall, I rarely watch TV. Short attention span, and just not interesting keeping up with a series week after week.

Grinder
08-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Entourage

Shows I've finished/waiting for the next season:
Boardwalk Empire - incredible :worship:
Californication
How to Make in America
The Wire

munZe konZa
08-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I dont watch tv for many years now for a good reason except some decent tennis match and occasional documentary which I catch when I am away.

tangerine_dream
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
I had to cancel HBO so I didn't get to see "Game of Thrones" and I'll miss watching "Boardwalk Empire".

The only TV show I'm anxiously awaiting its return is "Mad Men". Last season was good but I'm sensing a Jump the Shark moment is coming soon. :scared: I hope the writers will focus on characters other than Dan and Peggy, who hogged the entire 4th season. I know most everybody hates Betty Draper but I miss her, she was barely in any episodes last year.

Venle
08-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Aquí no hay quien viva. It's my summer show - pretty crazy.
Battlestar Galactica (the newer version for sure). It's my favourite series ever. Blows my mind.

That's pretty much it. Not too much into watching tv, I mean, I watch sports all the time but it's hard to discover a show that would please me. ;)