Do you think I could be a good moderator? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Do you think I could be a good moderator?

@Sweet Cleopatra
04-24-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.robinriddell.com/userimages/welcome.gif

I just read the announcement about needing moderators in GM and non-tennis.
I am thinking about giving it a try and send a pm. What do you think about it? I am friendly with most posters, not mean and respect all players. I have a good history in the forum.

Honest answers please. Thanks.

Goldenoldie
04-24-2011, 11:19 PM
I just read the announcement about needing moderators in GM and non-tennis.
I am thinking about giving it a try and send a pm. What do you think about it? I am friendly with most posters, not mean and respect all players.
Honest answers please. Thanks.

Honest answer - No

1. You are too young

2. If you are not as young as I think, you act too young.

3. You are unlikely to be resilient enough to handle the flak which all mods have to endure.

4. You need to check what you write before posting it. "modeartor" would disqualify you immediately.

abraxas21
04-24-2011, 11:22 PM
maybe. the standards are already kinda low. it's a mug era for Internet moderation*

GlennMirnyi
04-24-2011, 11:24 PM
:lol:

I think you'd be perfect considering the general level of MTF moderation.

@Sweet Cleopatra
04-24-2011, 11:24 PM
Honest answer - No

1. You are too young

2. If you are not as young as I think, you act too young.

3. You are unlikely to be resilient enough to handle the flak which all mods have to endure.

4. You need to check what you write before posting it. "modeartor" would disqualify you immediately.

Thanks for your honest answer :hug:

I just want to tell you about colors or pictures that I like to be free and post what I want to post as long as I am not posting a bad thing. If you think about it, you will see there are many colors, posting with one color is stranger than posting in different colors.

Mjau!
04-24-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm afraid you might be too nice to be an effective moderator.

Certinfy
04-24-2011, 11:26 PM
No.

To be fair a good moderator on this forum wouldn't be a fan of either Nadal and/or Federer.

@Sweet Cleopatra
04-24-2011, 11:30 PM

I think you'd be perfect considering the general level of MTF moderation.

maybe. the standards are already kinda low. it's a mug era for Internet moderation*

Thanks.

I'm afraid you might be too nice to be an effective moderator.

Moderators should be nice to take it within its perspective, it is about organizing not judging. Only very off posts should be taken seriously, other than that, it is only words of people having fun and discussing tennis.

I see most of you can't take me seriously and I think I shouldn't be a moderator then. Thanks for your honest answers. :)

Filo V.
04-24-2011, 11:31 PM
Don't know. Depends on how much you would let me get away with.

abraxas21
04-24-2011, 11:37 PM
sweet cleo, you're nice but i don't think it's an obstacle for being a good mod.

in order to moderate well, you mostly need good judgement and a sense of striving for objectiveness to assess what should tolerated and what shouldn't. i'm not sure whether you've got that but then again, there are only a few users that i'd think could be good mods and most likely they aren't even interested in moderating MTF. that's not to say that others can't be good mods; i just can't tell because -like in your case- i don't know them enough yet.

Mjau!
04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
There are a lot of bullies around here. Do You have what it takes to put them in their place?

Mjau!
04-24-2011, 11:49 PM
But the most important thing is to not give out stupid infractions that are so not deserved AT ALL or to censor perfectly fine posts for no good reason with no explanation left and be a total JERK about it...

Sunset of Age
04-25-2011, 12:04 AM
sweet cleo, you're nice but i don't think it's an obstacle for being a good mod.

in order to moderate well, you mostly need good judgement and a sense of striving for objectiveness to assess what should tolerated and what shouldn't.

Does the current crop of mods have any of that? :scratch:

Cleo, one bit of advice: don't even apply. Just don't.

jmf07
04-25-2011, 01:23 AM
If you read the announcements it says the posters must be from the Asia/Pacific Timezone therefore making Federers Mate and 2003 the ideal candidates.

buddyholly
04-25-2011, 01:33 AM
Would you ban other peoples' posts because you personally have different views and then feel like you were saving the world from being offended?

buddyholly
04-25-2011, 01:36 AM
I just want to tell you about colors or pictures that I like to be free and post what I want to post as long as I am not posting a bad thing. If you think about it, you will see there are many colors, posting with one color is stranger than posting in different colors.

It is customary to post in black because it is the easiest to read on a computer screen in any kind of light. Posting in colours suggests you are more interested in how your post looks than in what your post actually says.

abraxas21
04-25-2011, 02:45 AM
i'm launching my own campaign as a candidate for mod.

First campaign promise: instant ban on buddyholly.

VOTE abraxas21. Real change to come. Yes we can! :)

Brick Top
04-25-2011, 02:57 AM
nope

octatennis
04-25-2011, 02:57 AM
if you are 'lefty' you have lots of chances, ask donna.

but wait it did not work with c'monaussie.:confused::confused:

finishingmove
04-25-2011, 03:32 AM
+1 for abraxas

GlennMirnyi
04-25-2011, 03:56 AM
+ 1 for abraxas as well.

Topspindoctor
04-25-2011, 04:05 AM
I should be a mod. I'd do some serious clean up around here.

TMJordan
04-25-2011, 04:24 AM
I should be a mod. I'd do some serious clean up around here.

Actually you would fit in pretty well.

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-25-2011, 08:07 AM
I'm gunning for the top job.

wee
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
i think you might be too nice to be an effective moderator.

Chiseller
04-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Hell no

buddyholly
04-25-2011, 09:54 AM
i'm launching my own campaign as a candidate for mod.

First campaign promise: instant ban on buddyholly.

VOTE abraxas21. Real change to come. Yes we can! :)

Don't worry. With you as moderator there'd be no reason to stay.

Problem is you might be serious. I know you and Glenn are afraid of my posts, afraid of the truth. And we all know that history repeatedly tells us that leftists only survive by stifling free speech. The truth to them is like garlic to a vampire.

Whereas I am all for letting anyone say anything they wish - and for letting everyone see what nonsense they may gush.

On the other hand maybe you should be a moderator. MTF is like smoking - bad for the health, but very difficult to give up, even when you know it is a total waste of time.

bokehlicious
04-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Yes, we need more rafatards as moderators, this place is not quite like vamosbrigade.com yet, something has to be done.

cobalt60
04-25-2011, 11:26 AM
On the other hand maybe you should be a moderator. MTF is like smoking - bad for the health, but very difficult to give up, even when you know it is a total waste of time.

:worship:

Orka_n
04-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Let's make both Fed's_mate and Topspindoctor moderators :haha: Would be awesome.

Sweet Cleo... I'm sorry, but I don't think you'd be good as a mod. I really have nothing against you as a poster though, you are interesting. I don't think I'd be a good moderator either. :shrug:

Polikarpov
04-25-2011, 01:12 PM
:bigclap:

Sapeod
04-25-2011, 05:29 PM
No offense, but you'd make a terrible mod.

Too sensitive and whiny.

GlennMirnyi
04-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Don't worry. With you as moderator there'd be no reason to stay.

Problem is you might be serious. I know you and Glenn are afraid of my posts, afraid of the truth. And we all know that history repeatedly tells us that leftists only survive by stifling free speech. The truth to them is like garlic to a vampire.

Whereas I am all for letting anyone say anything they wish - and for letting everyone see what nonsense they may gush.

Yeah I'm very afraid of someone who doesn't know the most basic principles of history and economy.

:rolleyes:

Mussolini, Goebbels, Berlusconi and Franco would be very proud of you.

ibreak4coffee
04-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Yeah I'm very afraid of someone who doesn't know the most basic principles of history and economy.

MTF needs a GlennMirnyi vs buddyholly dedicated thread. No one topic - we just all throw out topics and you guys can start arguing. Centralizing everything in one thread would make it much easier for the casual observer to keep up with the latest arguments.

Give it some thought.

Har-Tru
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM

reducto ad anyfascistbutHitlerium!

:D

Nadull_tard
04-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Definitely not, you're way too infantile, you act like a blind tard similar to clownspindoctor and Fail da Game, with one exception of not using vulgarisms, although being a declared fan of one of the top players and the kind of expression you show automatically rules you out from the field.

abraxas21
04-25-2011, 08:22 PM
I know you and Glenn are afraid of my posts, afraid of the truth. And we all know that history repeatedly tells us that leftists only survive by stifling free speech. The truth to them is like garlic to a vampire.

:rolleyes: you're starting to sound a bit demented, pal.

decent joke -i give you that at least.

Li Ching Yuen
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
There are at least 5-6 threads on the first page of GM that should be trashed into one of the dumpholes in player's forum.

Now, if at first sight you see these threads and think to yourself that they belong in GM then you have passed the test successfully thus making you as competent (if not more) than the current mods.

samanosuke
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
We need mods with sense for humor . I don't know who compounded this crew but Lars Graff is Jerry Seinfeld for them . I am tired of receiving infractions or bans for great posts all the time . Almost every good post or thread on this site is getting deleted

GlennMirnyi
04-25-2011, 09:07 PM
MTF needs a GlennMirnyi vs buddyholly dedicated thread. No one topic - we just all throw out topics and you guys can start arguing. Centralizing everything in one thread would make it much easier for the casual observer to keep up with the latest arguments.

Give it some thought.

It would be like pitting Sampras vs Berasategui on grass. No chance for reactionarism.

reducto ad anyfascistbutHitlerium!

:D

;)

AH doesn't deserve any mention.

We need mods with sense for humor . I don't know who compounded this crew but Lars Graff is Jerry Seinfeld for them . I am tired of receiving infractions or bans for great posts all the time . Almost every good post or thread on this site is getting deleted

So true.

You're one of the best posters in this forum.

Sapeod
04-25-2011, 09:13 PM
We need a part of the forum where we can just all argue...

abraxas21
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
We need a part of the forum where we can just all argue...

thats the general board

Topspindoctor
04-26-2011, 12:48 AM
thats the general board

He means a "rant forum". On GM, 50% of the posts get deleted, I think you already know that.

A forum where we can just rant and say whatever (except racism) would be great.

fast_clay
04-26-2011, 12:57 AM

yeah man... most of the shit posted in GM is about as funny as a fart in an elevator... the nasty ones that make your eyes water...

but, the moment some comical bit of half truth or satire hits the board it gets mopped up... i am wondering if someone is currently re-reading George Orwell's 1984 for the 32nd time...

less colour, more control

abraxas21
04-26-2011, 01:04 AM
He means a "rant forum". On GM, 50% of the posts get deleted, I think you already know that.

A forum where we can just rant and say whatever (except racism) would be great.

my response was "partially" in jest...
the admins would never allow a full fledged 'rant forum'. to my awareness, the only instance in which they allow a 'everything goes' type of thing is in the ACC threads. however the ACC lasts for less than a month and unfortunately i happened to be banned by that time last year so i couldnt even contribute.

Ilovetheblues_86
04-26-2011, 01:31 AM
Ranting is natural, is beautiful.
Better than being naked. =)

GlennMirnyi
04-26-2011, 02:05 AM

yeah man... most of the shit posted in GM is about as funny as a fart in an elevator... the nasty ones that make your eyes water...

but, the moment some comical bit of half truth or satire hits the board it gets mopped up... i am wondering if someone is currently re-reading George Orwell's 1984 for the 32nd time...

less colour, more control

Yep.

the admins would never allow a full fledged 'rant forum'. to my awareness, the only instance in which they allow a 'everything goes' type of thing is in the ACC threads. however the ACC lasts for less than a month and unfortunately i happened to be banned by that time last year so i couldnt even contribute.

The whole problem resides in the excessive display of political correctness by this forum's mods.

alfonsojose
04-26-2011, 03:32 AM
I'd be better :lol:

buddyholly
04-26-2011, 03:36 AM
:rolleyes: you're starting to sound a bit demented, pal.

decent joke -i give you that at least.

You are just trying to stave off your fear.

And it wasn't a joke.

abraxas21
04-26-2011, 03:50 AM
You are just trying to stave off your fear.

And it wasn't a joke.

:lol: whatever makes you sleep at night. beware of those lefty vampires who might come to get you. you just never know...

buddyholly
04-26-2011, 12:41 PM
I always eat garlic before retiring.

The Magician
04-26-2011, 12:56 PM

Two suggestions that I will implement when I become mod:

1. We need an ACC season with 4 grand slams and the YEC crowning the ACC GOAT
2. ACC champion and popularity contest winners will both be made mods in GM

Vote for me :aparty:

Topspindoctor
04-26-2011, 01:19 PM
Two suggestions that I will implement when I become mod:

1. We need an ACC season with 4 grand slams and the YEC crowning the ACC GOAT
2. ACC champion and popularity contest winners will both be made mods in GM

Vote for me :aparty:

:worship:

.-Federers_Mate-.
04-26-2011, 02:18 PM
I asked for a rant forum in the questions/suggestions forum. Scoobs said no. But basically what he was telling me is that he cant be stuffed.

@Sweet Cleopatra
04-26-2011, 03:09 PM
I asked for a rant forum in the questions/suggestions forum. Scoobs said no. But basically what he was telling me is that he cant be stuffed.

Scoops is a "he" :eek:

omg I thought Scoops is a she.

Commander Data
04-26-2011, 03:30 PM
Sorry, but I think you would be disastrous . Better leave this to the grown up.

ibreak4coffee
04-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Better question is why anyone would want to be a moderator on these boards?

peribsen
04-26-2011, 04:37 PM
My dear, I'm sure you could be anything!

oranges
04-26-2011, 05:41 PM
You insisted to change a users screen name because nadull offends you, so no, you I don't think you're able to make judgment calls mods make on daily basis

peribsen
04-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I always eat garlic before retiring.

Thank you for letting us know!
Bet it works wonders for your sex-life...

Lleyton_
04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
Great. Another Nadaltard moderator. One [Snowwy] is enough :bigwave:

Getta
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Linda for mod. she can distract us from the mess of the room.

Getta
04-26-2011, 09:17 PM
oranges can be effective ahead therapy, too.

samanosuke
04-26-2011, 09:47 PM
fast clay would be a great choice . man of people who wouldn't ban people for good posts and would ban monotone glory hunters . this site would immediately become a better place . FC you just need to candidate and leave to Glen and me to run your campaign and you are secure winner

tennizen
04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Even better than l_mac and that's saying something:worship:

Getta
04-27-2011, 12:58 AM
fast clay, a mixture of natural and recycled crushed rock.

could be beautiful.

Ilovetheblues_86
04-27-2011, 01:12 AM
I think all rational and know-it-all moderator should resign from the forum.

This include:

Scoobs (too "fair" cientifici-approach- Bacon Wise, John Locke to be a moderator)
Wildegirl (no sociology Durkheim apreciator there)
Snowwy (he is boring as hell)

Nothing agasint them, I was once a member of the iluminatiis maconic but let this roots a long time ago

The new set should have:

Sweet Cleopatra, for her innocence
Cheeky Chick, because she is smart with acros
and finaly..drums rolling...

Filo.V.
:wavey:

(it would be master Excalibur, but he is too rude sometimes and Filo knows the very amount of tennis as him).

abraxas21
04-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Linda for mod. she can distract us from the mess of the room.

oranges can be effective ahead therapy, too.

those would be terrible mods, imho.

Getta
04-27-2011, 03:52 AM
those would be terrible mods, imho.

you just miss some subtleties and character nuances. :) :) :)

abraxas21
04-27-2011, 04:29 AM
the thing is, i can actually imagine oranges or linda (well, maybe not linda as shes a prominent former troll) nominated as mods.

and don't get me wrong, i think both are quite smart by MTF standards but that's not good enough.

GlennMirnyi
04-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Linda isn't a former troll.

She's still a troll.

bokehlicious
04-27-2011, 10:30 AM
oranges as a mod would be the greatest joke of MTF history :help:

samanosuke
04-27-2011, 11:19 AM
oranges as a mod would be the greatest joke of MTF history :help:

for few months Cilic would become from one of the most hated players to one of the most loved players . to log on MTF every member would need to write a verification code in form of one detail from Cilic's carrier

GlennMirnyi
04-27-2011, 11:56 AM
for few months Cilic would become from one of the most hated players to one of the most loved players . to log on MTF every member would need to write a verification code in form of one detail from Cilic's carrier

Berdych too.

Clay Death
04-27-2011, 12:01 PM
sweet cleopatra for a mod.

she has my vote.

abraxas21
04-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Linda isn't a former troll.

She's still a troll.

haha

she has her moments but i think the years have toned her down

GlennMirnyi
04-27-2011, 06:55 PM
haha

she has her moments but i think the years have toned her down

As if her daily chores as a housewife weren't enough, she has to simultaneously raise and educate Word Life. Time isn't something abundant in her life right now. :p

gaitare
12-19-2011, 10:53 PM
I hope you read last announcement too :yippee:

tennizen
12-19-2011, 11:45 PM
Scoops is a "he" :eek:

omg I thought Scoops is a she.

OMG Sweet Cleo, I love you:spit:

cobalt60
12-19-2011, 11:46 PM
Are you for real Cleo? As in do you really want to be a mod?

leng jai
12-20-2011, 12:17 AM
OMG Sweet Cleo, I love you:spit:

I try so hard to be funny and she just churns out gems every 2 seconds like its nothing.

Seingeist
12-20-2011, 12:37 AM
I try so hard to be funny and she just churns out gems every 2 seconds like its nothing.

It is a rare but undeniable gift. Her badreps make me laugh so much that I find myself attempting to provoke them.

GOAT = Fed
12-20-2011, 12:42 AM
You're good at being an attention seeker, cleopatra.

Hewitt =Legend
12-20-2011, 01:07 AM
No.

You cost me QF berth in popcon. I never forgive.

I hate colours... yeah.. I said it..

GOAT = Fed
12-20-2011, 01:10 AM
No.

So at what date has the suicide been set at?

tennizen
12-20-2011, 01:19 AM

Just be glad there's such genius in the world to set a standard.

No.

Delete this post now. Don't hurt my little Cleo:armed:

Hewitt =Legend
12-20-2011, 01:24 AM
So at what date has the suicide been set at?

I will wait to sometime next year. We are all going to perish anyway.

Delete this post now. Don't hurt my little Cleo:armed:

I wish I could but I can't. She needs to know she hurt me to :sad:

Naudio Spanlatine
12-20-2011, 01:38 AM
cleo:unsure: