:BANANA: He wrote!!! ~~YEAH~~ [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

:BANANA: He wrote!!! ~~YEAH~~

kandykane
10-01-2004, 03:48 AM
Guille wrote: "I want to play the Master"

First of all, I want you to know that I am very happy about the opening of my father's academy in Venado Tuerto, Santa Fe. The fact that I feel truly identified with my city is not a secret and now I have another reason to go back there every time I am in Argentina.

I trust in my father very much because I am where I am thanks to him. He loves tennis as much as I do, and he will be working with a team of tennis instructors that share our own philosophy.

My idea is to be able to talk a lot with the instructors and pass on my experience to them, exchange opinion and give them my own vision of what I felt during my first steps as a professional player.

We have the time to improve everything little by little, to be able to build a concrete court to stimulate offensive games and bring near many of the professionals that work or have worked with me at some moment. This development will entail a quality jump according to the tennis level that is currently being played all over the world.

I am in Barcelone right now. I have been training for a week and a half and I'm trying to gain the weight and mobility that I have lost after the operation. I am running about 7 or 8 kilometers a day at a good pace. Besides, I complement my working out with 2 hours in the gym where I train with rubber bands to gain strength in my shoulder. Possibly, next week I will lift weight, but I will do it when there is no risk at all.

The big news is that tomorrow I will get into a court to play for just 20 minutes. Jointly with my team, we will check how my shoulder responds since we are facing my recovery very carefully. If I keep this track, I will be able to feel ok when I begin with the demanding training before going back to the courts. I will send you some pictures soon so you can follow my return up close.

Besides tennis, I tell you that during my free time I am going to the football stadium to watch Ronaldinho's Barcelona y Maxi Rodriguez' Espanyol. The entertainment is good and the level is excellent, but I prefer Argentine football, especially the River football. The atmosphere we get in our country can't be achieved anywhere else, I can assure you that.

Before I forget, I want to tell you that my biggest objective is the Master Cup in Houston and, if I'm in good conditions, I want to play in it to finish this year among the best 8 tennis players. But I have to be very cautious and not to rush if the conditions are not the ones required.

I want to thank all who made what we are living through the academy opening possible. I consider this the beginning of a path that will give us great satisfaction and will allow us to make a contribution in the upbringing of better people through sports values, especially in a moment as difficult as the one we are living in.

Send you a big hug.

Guille

and a photo!!
http://www.gcoria.com/english/noticias/images/img20040928191447.gif

star
10-01-2004, 03:43 PM
I :inlove: it when he writes!!

:kiss: Thanks for posting it.

He sounds like he has a long road on his recovery, but he is working hard :)

Good news that his dad's academy will have a hardcourt.

Pancakesong
10-01-2004, 04:40 PM
why's hardcourt better? and I didnt no anything about that academy:S
but it is cool!

Deco
10-15-2004, 08:33 AM
his father is a tenisteacher, isn't he?
i think first he only had gravel. because all the guillepohot's as baby on the court are on gravel

Pancakesong
10-15-2004, 12:30 PM
idd..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/Pancakesong/191203t172405u3s3_img_3_1x_.jpg
hre is it grass! or is this just a garden?

LubiG
10-15-2004, 06:26 PM
:lol: i think that's a garden ;) he looks so CUTE!!

Micca
10-23-2004, 08:35 PM
Jup, heelemaal een tuin Anna ;)

mordicus18
10-28-2004, 08:23 PM
micca, I didn't know you are argentinian now ! :p :lol:

Pancakesong
10-29-2004, 07:53 PM
Jup, heelemaal een tuin Anna ;)
haha tis idd nogal lang gras;)