TOP SPIN 4, can't play career mode as a real player? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

TOP SPIN 4, can't play career mode as a real player?

NADAL_GOT_THIS
04-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I have the new tennis game called TOP SPIN 4. Am I missing something or do they again not let you play CAREER mode with a REAL TENNIS PLAYER? Why don't they let me? Every tennis game I've purchased refuses to let me play as a tennis player in career mode. Is there a legal restriction reason for this? Seems like playing the career mode as a real player would be funner than anything else the game currently offers!1

Certinfy
04-12-2011, 03:50 PM
You can't.

And yeah probably something to do with legal rights and stuff I guess.

NADAL_GOT_THIS
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
You can't.

And yeah probably something to do with legal rights and stuff I guess.

It's soooooooooooo disappointing I cried for 4 minutes when I saw!1

Certinfy
04-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Oh :hug:

finishingmove
04-13-2011, 05:05 AM
But when Andy Murray plays it, he plays as himself. I mean... right? :scratch:

Hewitt =Legend
04-13-2011, 05:47 AM
Maybe this is the real reason behind Murray's slump..?

NADAL_GOT_THIS
04-13-2011, 06:02 AM
Oh :hug:

Thanks huggen is awesome! <3

btw I'm in February and the news headlines show and it says Federer beat Nadal in the Australian Open final 6-3 in fifth set and it says Federer overtook Nadal in the rankings too, that's so annoying for me!1

But when Andy Murray plays it, he plays as himself. I mean... right? :scratch:

Does Murray play TOP SPIN 4 in Career Mode as himself? Maybe he just created himself in it. I would do that but if I create Nadal then there ends up being TWO Rafael Nadals on the tour. Murray would find the same problem with having TWO Andy Murraies. Feels too unrealistic if you got TWO of one player!1

finishingmove
04-13-2011, 10:44 AM
there can be only one

Certinfy
04-13-2011, 11:42 PM
Thanks huggen is awesome! <3

btw I'm in February and the news headlines show and it says Federer beat Nadal in the Australian Open final 6-3 in fifth set and it says Federer overtook Nadal in the rankings too, that's so annoying for me!1

:lol: You do get some random stuff, in my one I had Roddick beating Nadal in a RG Final so yeah... :o

Mjau!
04-14-2011, 12:35 AM
What is "career mode" and how does this mode differ from the other modes (which are?)? Analyzing the purpose of the different modes might provide you with an answer. :yeah:

NADAL_GOT_THIS
04-14-2011, 05:09 AM
What is "career mode" and how does this mode differ from the other modes (which are?)? Analyzing the purpose of the different modes might provide you with an answer. :yeah:

Career mode is a direct simulation of the ATP tennis tour, except you can only play as a player you created, you can't choose a current pro!

King of the court is stupid because it just makes you choose 4 players and they play off against each other, it's not like a real season!

Exhibition mode is obvious, just pick 2 players to play each other!

Online mode (2k Open) is a great idea, I'll play that (though can't play as a current pro - but maybe I'll name myself Rafael Nadal and make his appearance)!1

Clydey
04-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Career mode is a direct simulation of the ATP tennis tour, except you can only play as a player you created, you can't choose a current pro!

King of the court is stupid because it just makes you choose 4 players and they play off against each other, it's not like a real season!

Exhibition mode is obvious, just pick 2 players to play each other!

Online mode (2k Open) is a great idea, I'll play that (though can't play as a current pro - but maybe I'll name myself Rafael Nadal and make his appearance)!1

You can play as one of the real players in the 2k Open. You can only use a custom character in World Tour mode, however, both online and offline.

I've always been more of a Virtua Tennis guy, but I've been playing Top Spin 4 quite a bit.

NADAL_GOT_THIS
04-17-2011, 11:08 AM
You can play as one of the real players in the 2k Open. You can only use a custom character in World Tour mode, however, both online and offline.

I've always been more of a Virtua Tennis guy, but I've been playing Top Spin 4 quite a bit.

Thanks, 2k Open sounds interesting I'll try it after I've played some more offline to get smarter (but I'm pretty smart already if I don't say so myself)!1