MC'11- Both Rafa and his footie team do their fans proud! Hasta El Final, Vamos Rafa! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

MC'11- Both Rafa and his footie team do their fans proud! Hasta El Final, Vamos Rafa!

wildegirl05
04-09-2011, 06:03 PM
http://www.nedgallagher.com/journal/images/MonteCarloCC.jpg

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/12200000/Nadal-Monte-Carlo-2010-rafael-nadal-12242307-410-610.jpg

leave your MIT predictions here!

wildegirl05
04-09-2011, 06:07 PM
full draw (copied from OnCourt's posting in the tourney forum):

Main Draw
[1] Rafael Nadal (ESP) bye
Qualifier - Jarkko Nieminen (FIN)
Qualifier - Guillermo Garcia-Lopez (ESP)
Denis Istomin (UZB) - [13] Richard Gasquet (FRA)

[12] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRA) - Juan Monaco (ARG)
Jeremy Chardy (FRA) - Ivan Ljubicic (CRO)
Qualifier - Juan Ignacio Chela (ARG)
Tomas Berdych (CZE) bye

Andy Murray (GBR) bye
[WC] Radek Stepanek (CZE) - Marcos Baghdatis (CYP)
Albert Montanes (ESP) - Xavier Malisse (BEL)
Thomaz Bellucci (BRA) - [16] Gilles Simon (FRA)

[10] Mikhail Youzhny (RUS) - Florian Mayer (GER)
Qualifier - Sergiy Stakhovsky (UKR)
Daniel Gimeno-Traver (ESP) - Santiago Giraldo (COL)
[8] Gael Monfils (FRA) bye

[6] Fernando Verdasco (ESP) bye
Tommy Robredo (ESP) - Ivan Dodig (CRO)
Kevin Anderson (RSA) - Fabio Fognini (ITA)
[WC] Jean-Rene Lisnard (MON) - [11] Viktor Troicki (SRB)

[14] Alexandr Dolgopolov (UKR) - Ernests Gulbis (LAT)
Michael Llodra (FRA) - Milos Raonic (CAN)
Janko Tipsarevic (SRB) - Feliciano Lopez (ESP)
[4] David Ferrer (ESP) bye

[7] Jurgen Melzer (AUT) bye
Nikolay Davydenko (RUS) - Robin Haase (NED)
Qualifier - Victor Hanescu (ROU)
Marcel Granollers (ESP) - [9] Nicolas Almagro (ESP)

[15] Marin Cilic (CRO) - Qualifier
Qualifier - Potito Starace (ITA)
Andrey Golubev (KAZ) - Philipp Kohlschreiber (GER)
[2] Roger Federer (SUI) bye

pdf version available here: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/410/mds.pdf

wildegirl05
04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
atp article about the draw:

Singles Draw Preview
Monte-Carlo, Monaco

by ATP Staff

World No. 1 and six-time defending champion Rafael Nadal could face French No. 13 seed Richard Gasquet in an early test at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters. Home hope Gasquet, who famously beat Roger Federer en route to the 2005 semi-finals, is seeded to meet the Spaniard in the third round.

The 24-year-old Nadal is chasing a 19th ATP World Tour Masters 1000 title and is unbeaten in his past 32 matches at the Monte-Carlo Country Club, which hosts the first event of the European clay-court swing. The Mallorcan has a bye through the first round and will open his campaign against either a qualifier or Finland’s Jarkko Nieminen.

read about the rest of the draw here: http://www.monte-carlorolexmasters.com/News/Tennis/2011/Tournament/Monte-Carlo-Saturday-Draw-Release.aspx

wildegirl05
04-09-2011, 06:18 PM
some pre-tourney articles on rafa's chances in monte carlo:

Nadal bids to make history in Monte Carlo

MONTE CARLO: Rafael Nadal will be bidding to make more clay history when the world number one bids for an unprecedented seventh consecutive title as the Monte Carlo Masters begins on Sunday.

The Spaniard is coming off a pair of Masters 1000 losses in American hardcourt finals at Indian Wells and Miami to Novak Djokovic, who withdrew from the high-profile start of the European dirt season as a precaution to rest a knee injury.

Also out with a similar problem is Swede Robin Soderling, finalist at the last two editions of Roland Garros.

Nadal has continued Spanish domination at the Country Club overlooking the Mediterranean, where he and compatriot Juan Carlos Ferrero have claimed eight of the last nine titles, with only Argentine Guilermo Coria in 2004 breaking the Iberian spell.

But Nadal has a huge job ahead as he tries to duplicate computer points accumulated during a 2010 win in the principality followed by Madrid, Rome, the French Open and Wimbledon.

Despite not winning a title since last October in Tokyo, the 24-year-old is confident - if cautious - heading into his favourite and most successful part of the season.

"It's difficult to imagine two years in a row (like that)," he said of his 2010 success. "But I'm seriously happy about how I'm playing, happy about my level."

The first eight seeds get first-round byes, with Nadal, second seed and three-time finalist Roger Federer and wild card Andy Murray among those not going into action until the second round.

"Hopefully I'm going to be playing well this tournament," said Nadal, who has made his spring assignment ever harder by planning a return to his home Barcelona Open after skipping it last year to take a knee injection.

"I'll try my best in Monte Carlo, the first tournament of clay is always important."

Federer flew straight to Monte Carlo after losing a Miami semifinal to Nadal and has been working on the clay after losing clay finals to the Spaniard in 2006, 2007 and 2008.

"It's a big swing coming up now in Europe," said the 2009 French Open winner. "I want to do well and I have the opportunity."

Spain's David Ferrer is seeded fourth, ahead of Wimbledon finalist Tomas Berdych, Spaniard Fernando Verdasco and Jurgen Melzer of Austria.

French number 10 Gael Monfils will play his first match since February after injury, taking the eighth seeding. Compatriot Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who split with his longtime coach, is seeded 12th with France's Richard Gasquet on 13th.
source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/Nadal-bids-to-make-history-in-Monte-Carlo/articleshow/7926793.cms

wildegirl05
04-09-2011, 06:25 PM
this article talks about nole, so i'm posting it against my better judgment :( you all better appreciate :(

Rafael Nadal Sees Novak Djokovic as Future No. 1

by Tom Gainey

Rafael Nadal arrived back in home of Palma de Mallorca Tuesday afternoon where he was greeted by autograph seekers and the media.

Nadal, who lost to Novak Djokovic in the Miami Sony Ericsson Open final, talked about his upcoming schedule, the clay season and Djokovic and his chances for No. 1,

The World No. 1 plans to play Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid and Rome before his French Open defense.

After the Sunday final, Nadal talked about Novak’s potential rise to No. 1:

“I think he’s going to be No. 1. I don’t feel he’s breathing on my neck. I don’t know what’s the expression in English. The thing is, that’s part of sport. We will see at the end of the season who’s No. 1, who’s No. 2, and who’s No. 20. That’s tennis. For me, be No. 1 is a goal, but not. That’s always difficult to say, because you are No. 1 or you are not No. 1. It’s difficult for me to say my goal is be No. 1. My goal is be competitive in every tournament. If I do that, I going to have my chance to be No. 1. He won two tournaments in a row right now, very big tournaments and one Grand Slam. Normal thing is he will be No. 1 in the next month, month and a half, two months. I don’t know. Depends on my results on clay. For sure he will be there, no? I going to fight for me. If I am solid, if I play a very good clay court season, we will see what’s going on after.”

Nadal will be joined by Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray at the Rolex Monte Carlo which begins next week on the red clay.
source: http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2011-04-06/6741.php

U-ZeSnyfNAs

vn01
04-09-2011, 07:01 PM
VAMOS RAFA! Take the title! :rocker2:

MIT prediction: WIN

Minn
04-09-2011, 07:13 PM
Win. :scared:

Foxy
04-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Win

Sonja1989
04-09-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you Wildegirl05. :worship: :hug:

Yeah, he should win.

I think in his half there aren't too hard opponent on clay.

Metis
04-10-2011, 08:32 AM
wildegirl :rocker2:

How far will Rafa go in Monte Carlo? (1000 points :D)

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
QF -
SF -
F - Betty
W - Bjorki, born_on_clay, Foxy, Getta, MariaV, Metis, Minn, Naina, scoobs, vn01, Xristos

:unsure:

Betty
04-10-2011, 08:59 AM
win F:scared:

Naina
04-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Win :d

scoobs
04-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Win

born_on_clay
04-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Win :cool:

Getta
04-10-2011, 10:45 AM
win

wildegirl05
04-10-2011, 01:17 PM
my vb account woes continue :sobbing: so i've decided to repost one pic from a fellow rafa forum poster and link you directly to her blog.

apparently rafito took a trip to the harbor, wore a fugly jacket, and signed some autographs. all of this was documented on his facebook :unsure:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jR3f4YzgM-w/TaGQKvaDsBI/AAAAAAAACXs/RML1fFrJyoY/s640/2.jpg

please check out her blog for more pictures and other rafa related news: http://confessionsofarafafan.blogspot.com/

wildegirl05
04-11-2011, 04:48 AM
rafito visited with the prince,according to the official site.

http://i56.tinypic.com/w9iqoo.jpg

Nadal Welcomed By HSH Prince Albert II At Royal Palace
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
by ATP Staff

World No. 1 Rafael Nadal was invited to an audience with HSH Prince Albert II of Monaco at the Palace of Monaco on Sunday ahead of his participation at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters next week.

“Thank you for the invitation; it was an honour to come to the Palace of Monaco and a pleasure to meet with HSH Prince Albert II,” said Nadal. “He is a big supporter of the tournament and I want to thank him for everything.

“It is a pleasure to be back at one of the best tournaments on the ATP World Tour. I am very happy to be here, I’m practising hard and I am looking forward to play my first match.”

Two years ago, Nadal and World No. 4 Andy Murray played an exhibition match in the Palace square with HSH Prince Albert II in attendance. The Prince has also presented Nadal with the winner’s trophy at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters the past three years.

The Spaniard is chasing a record seventh consecutive title at the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters and will open his campaign at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court tournament against either French qualifier Julien Benneteau or Finland’s Jarkko Nieminen.

rafa and toni at practice (from daylife)

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01806B4edSg3s/x610.jpg

completely unrelated to mc but daylife linked to this vid so for anyone who hasn't seen it, enjoy!

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/international/2009/11/04/talk.asia.c.rafael.nadal.cnn

Björki
04-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Win :rocker2:

MariaV
04-11-2011, 04:18 PM
OMG OMG I have to make the MIT prediction too..... :help: :help:
No no I cannot say anything else but WIN. :tape: :scared: :unsure:

MariaV
04-11-2011, 06:52 PM
Rafa doesn't play tomorrow yet. :(

wildegirl05
04-11-2011, 06:54 PM
he plays wed, maria. i knew that even without having to login to vb. :worship: me.

wildegirl05
04-12-2011, 12:21 AM
these videos were compiled by user meriko at vb and uploaded by various other vb members. thanks to them for their hard work.

pre-tournament interviews

q9Nohd44NXg

JpOthHDcIUM

first presser: http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1751928,00.html?WT.mc_id=Ban0703IW7282aff vb

Xristos
04-12-2011, 03:22 AM
Win.

Metis
04-12-2011, 09:51 AM
Update:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
QF -
SF -
F - Betty
W - Bjorki, born_on_clay, Foxy, Getta, MariaV, Metis, Minn, Naina, scoobs, shawshank, vn01, Xristos

Betty :lol: :hug:

shawshank
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Win

Yazoo.C
04-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Rafa practicing with Murray and then totally mobbed by fans at the end :lol:

http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1752321,00.html

Foxy
04-13-2011, 12:17 PM
Benchmark for all matches in MC. No more than 90 min per match. If possible stay on court less if he wants to have a chance to remain healthy throughout clay/grass season. It will be good to skip Queens or lose 1st round there. No need for that. Good luck for the most important part of the season! Vamos! ;)

Yazoo.C
04-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Practice
AAlrf851M3Q

and so far so good in his first match :D

wildegirl05
04-13-2011, 01:04 PM
there have been no breaking news updates on vb :mad:

rafa is playing against jarko nieminen today.

livescores: http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/Scores-and-Stats.aspx

some clay court stats from the official site page:

CLAY COURT DOMINATOR – Here's a year-by-year look at Nadal's clay court supremacy since 2005, compiling a 176-6 match record and 26-2 mark in clay court finals on the ATP World Tour:
W-L Clay Finals
2010 - 22-0 4-0
2009 - 23-2 3-1
2008 - 24-1 4-0
2007 - 31-1 5-1
2006 - 26-0 4-0
2005 - 50-2 6-0 Note: His last clay court loss came to Robin Soderling in 4th Rd. at ’09 Roland Garros

born_on_clay
04-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Rafa desperately wanted to stay on court over 1h
62 62 :hatoff:
1h09m, Foxy ;)

born_on_clay
04-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Possible Monte Carlo match-ups:

Player / H2H Before / H2H Now
Nieminen / 5-0 / 6-0
Gasquet / 7-0 / ???
Ljubicic / 5-2 / ???
Berdych / 10-3 / ???
Simon / 4-1 / ???
Monfils / 7-1 / ???
Ferrer / 11-4 / ???
Federer / 15-8 / ???

What's more
Rafa is now riding a 25 clay court winning streak :hatoff: (58-2 in sets)

Year / Torunament / W-L / SETS
2011 / Monte Carlo / 1-0 / 2-0
2010 / French Open / 7-0 / 21-0
2010 / Madrid / 5-0 / 10-1
2010 / Rome / 5-0 / 10-1
2010 / Monte Carlo / 5-0 / 10-0
2009 / Davis Cup / 2-0 / 5-0

Foxy
04-13-2011, 02:31 PM
Rafa desperately wanted to stay on court over 1h
62 62 :hatoff:
1h09m, Foxy ;)

Keep the time for the records. We will make stats for each tournament total time on court. ;)

born_on_clay
04-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Keep the time for the records. We will make stats for each tournament total time on court. ;)

ok ;)

MariaV
04-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Not before 11.30 local time vs Gasquet tomorrow. :scared: :unsure:

MariaV
04-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Benchmark for all matches in MC. No more than 90 min per match. If possible stay on court less if he wants to have a chance to remain healthy throughout clay/grass season. It will be good to skip Queens or lose 1st round there. No need for that. Good luck for the most important part of the season! Vamos! ;)

Foxy, I think he needs some matchplay on grass before Wimbledon, so qf or semis in Queens would be decent. It will depend of course on how gruelling the clay courts tournaments esp. RG will be. I won't pray for death but I will pray for him staying injury-free. :o :tape:

vn01
04-13-2011, 08:02 PM
OK. Good start for Rafa. He looks far more confident on clay. vamos for the 7th :rocker:

Björki
04-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Betty :wavey: who will beat Rafa? :p

Sonja1989
04-13-2011, 08:58 PM
Gasquet will be harder... I think 6-3, 6-4. :D

Foxy
04-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Games benchmark for MC. No more than 5 games lost each match until SF. No more than 7 lost games in the SF and no more than 8 lost games in the final. ;)

MariaV
04-14-2011, 09:02 AM
Games benchmark for MC. No more than 5 games lost each match until SF. No more than 7 lost games in the SF and no more than 8 lost games in the final. ;)

The final could be the new clay court genius Murray vs Federer. :shrug: :D

wildegirl05
04-14-2011, 10:09 AM
transcript of interview via patxy of vb and ubittennis:

13/04/2011 18:19 CEST - Montecarlo Masters
R.Nadal - 13.04.2011
Nadal d. Nieminen 62 62
Q. You seemed to have a good start of the tournament for you today. How were you feeling?
RAFAEL NADAL: Good. Is just the first match on clay, so is important victory for me for sure start winning.
But we will see, no? I didn't practice perfect as usual the week before because I need matches on clay. So today was a positive start. I think I played better that what I practiced the last days, so that's always positive. For sure was a good victory, I think.

Q. Obviously this tournament, the upcoming ones, are important to you. At this stage, do you already have one eye on Roland Garros? Do you try not to peak too soon?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, that's impossible to have the control of this. If you are playing well now, I try my best every week, no? I don't know the way how to be at perfect conditions in Roland Garros. That's a first answer.
The second is, for me Monte‑Carlo is very, very important. I try to be at my hundred percent in every place that I play, so...

Q. What do you expect with Federer on clay this season?
RAFAEL NADAL: About what?

Q. With the rivalry with you. What do you think?
RAFAEL NADAL: He is doing well. He played two semifinals, semifinals in Australia, final in Dubai, champion in Doha. He's playing well.
I expect always his top level. He played three finals here, I think. Three finals of Roland Garros, one title. He won in Madrid. He won a lot of times in Hamburg. Playing two finals in Rome. Expectations must be always very high, I think.

Q. Did you have all your sensations back on clay today?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think I needed a few more days. Is just the first match. Is positive the way how I played with the forehand. Was positive the way that my serve worked. It wasn't bad. I have to play a little bit more aggressive with the backhand. I have to move better, have few less mistakes that I had today. That's all.

Q. What do you remember from your semifinal here against Richard six years ago?
RAFAEL NADAL: It was very tough match. He had good chances at that match. I think he played very, very well.
Well, I don't remember exactly all the match. But, seriously, I remember was a very, very difficult match, and he was close to beat me.

Q. He said from since then, you won six titles here, he only won six matches in the tournament, and now there is a huge difference between the two of you. How do you imagine the match tomorrow?
RAFAEL NADAL: Very difficult. He's coming back better. I'm very happy for him. I'm very happy to see him another time playing very well. Was very tough for him, what happened a few years ago. Is not easy to come back from that situation.
He's doing great. He's a fantastic guy, fantastic person, I think. That's positive for tennis. For sure, all the players are happy to see Richard back.

Q. When you say he's coming back, do you think he can get back to the level he was three or four years ago, beating Roddick at Wimbledon, be a top 5 player?
RAFAEL NADAL: What is his ranking right now?

Q. 18.
RAFAEL NADAL: Why not? He is there. When you are 18, when you are 15, 14, be top 10 or not depends on one tournament. If you play very well one tournament, and if is a Grand Slam or Masters 1000, you have the right week there, you win that match that you can lose or you can win, you win that match, you can get the top 10. That's the difference of the ranking, no?
Exactly for me, if I win these kind of matches, I going to have my chances to be in the top positions. If you lose these matches of semifinals, quarterfinals or finals, you're going to have less chances to be in the top.

Q. What is your attitude to records, to numbers? Do you give importance to them or not that much? You know you won six tournaments here in Monte‑Carlo; you won 30 matches without losing a set; 33 in a row; 72 sets. Nobody has done more than 70, except Muster and Nastase. Are these numbers somehow important or you don't really care that much?
RAFAEL NADAL: Is difficult to think about numbers when you are playing, no? For sure I love the history of tennis. I care about the records.
I always answer the same, but that's what I think: We will see when I finish my career where I am. Right now I am playing. I am trying my best every day. I think think about records will be a big mistake at this moment.

Q. Jarkko hit the net cord today in the match, but you still won the point. Do you feel sometimes that when you win such points, that your opponents, you're breaking their will or they're losing confidence or...
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I fight every point. I played like this all my life. Sometimes on clay that works well. Sometimes on hard was not the same.
But, anyway, that's part of the game. I try my best. Some days I am playing well and I can arrive to these balls and I can come back from difficult situations. Other times, you don't have this luck, you're playing worse, and you don't have these chances, no?
I don't know what is the answer.

Q. Is it more difficult to find your serve on clay?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. My serve? I don't know which is my serve (laughter). For me is less difficult because is less important when you play on hard. I know I have to serve really well when I play on clay. The serve always is still important, but is a little bit less.

Q. About Gasquet, do you think he will be a permanent top 5, top 10 player in the next few years?
RAFAEL NADAL: If I say he gonna be top 5? I never say that. I don't know. I know exactly the same than you, so...

Q. It's not fact, but do you think he can get back there regularly?
RAFAEL NADAL: But he wasn't regularly in top 5 in the past, no?

Q. But can he?
RAFAEL NADAL: He was there in the past? No. So he's not come back there. When I say 'to come back,' he came back close to the top 10. He played one Masters. He was No. 8 that year, No. 7 maximum. So he can come back there.
Can he come back to top 5? Never was in top 5. He can do it maybe if he plays really well. But you know the level of the players sometimes can change during the years.
You see Blake, he was there later on his career. Ljubicic did later on his career. Why not Richard can do it? I don't know.

wildegirl05
04-14-2011, 10:16 AM
thanks to meriko :hatoff:

rCWsJgPSQZ4

Getta
04-14-2011, 11:12 AM
vamos

allez

born_on_clay
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Rafa def. Gasquet 62 64 in 1h33m
Too long :mad:
33 winners from Rafa (14 ue) :yeah:

Rafa's 2011 clay season

Monte Carlo 2011
R2: d. Nieminen 62 62 / 1h09m
R3: d. Gasquet 62 64 / 1h33m

SUM: 2-0 4-0 24-10 / 2h42m

vn01
04-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Rafa :worship:

It's not that long. 1h30m is normal. Pretty good from Rafa today. Next is Ljubicic. I don't think it'll be very easy, but Rafa should win. Vamos! :)

Foxy
04-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Rafa def. Gasquet 62 64 in 1h33m
Too long :mad:
33 winners from Rafa (14 ue) :yeah:

Rafa's 2011 clay season

Monte Carlo 2011

SUM: 2-0 4-0 24-10 / 2h42m

Good job, born!
I am a little disappointed in Rafa but I will take it. Vamos!

MariaV
04-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Naaah, 1 h 33 min not bad, the stats look good, Richie played really well actually. :D

ImmzB
04-14-2011, 12:27 PM
Rafa!! :)

Well played today! :yeah:

wildegirl05
04-14-2011, 12:50 PM
vamos

allez

glad you liked ;)

born_on_clay
04-14-2011, 06:41 PM
64 64 against Legenda imo ;)

wildegirl05
04-15-2011, 05:51 PM
rafa's presser after the gasquet match, thanks to patxy from vb and ubittennis

Rafael Nadal (14-04-2011)

RAFAEL NADAL b. Richard Gasquet 6-2 6-4

Q. What is your feeling about the match of today? The end of the second set, more tight, but a strong start.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think always was tough games at the beginning, but I won both. Was the break the first game, so that was very important for the confidence. And in general I think I played a very solid match, no?
I'm very happy how I played today. I think I played better than yesterday, easier. I think I play much better than yesterday is what I felt, no?
In general, I think was a very positive victory against a very difficult opponent.

Q. Richard said when the ball is on your forehand, for him it's like the point is nearly over. Did you feel the same when you were going for your forehand?
RAFAEL NADAL: For sure, no. I feel when I'm playing well with the forehand, is very important shot for me. So I can have the control of the point most of the time with the forehand. That's my style always, no?
When I am playing well with the forehand, everything is a little bit less difficult, the rest of the shots.

Q. Yesterday and also the day before you played around the club and the restaurant. Today there was construction. Can you hear that? Does that disturb you?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. Nothing, no.

Q. Did the conditions of the court at first seem a little more wet when you started the match? Did that make a difference throughout the game?
RAFAEL NADAL: I didn't feel no one difference, no. I think the court is good, like usual. Everything is perfect. I think no problems.

Q. And what about your next opponent, Ljubicic?
RAFAEL NADAL: He's a very experienced player. He played well against Berdych. I saw him play in the locker room. It's going to be a really difficult match tomorrow. I have to play like today if I want to have chances, and that's what I'm going to try.

Q. Do you think your preparation for the clay season is totally the same as the previous years or are you planning to change something? Every year it looks like you play better and better, new shots. Do you plan to change something in your preparation?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know which preparation.

Q. For the clay.
RAFAEL NADAL: But what preparation? I practiced three days, so is nothing that you can prepare for the clay season. You arrive from Miami on Tuesday, I practiced Wednesday, so just try to adapt a little bit to the surface. You can't prepare one shot. You can't prepare nothing. The only thing you can try is adapt to the court, run, the movements.
A lot of things you have to change from hard to clay to play well. Is no time to try to do something different. Always is the same. If we compare today from 2006, for example, I am sure I play more aggressive than before. I'm playing more inside and running sometimes less than before because I'm not defending all the time. But that's a change. But that's happened in all the surfaces, not only on clay.
Is the game, global game, is changing, not something specific on clay I think.

Q. On clay do you change your tactics against a player like Djokovic? After Miami, do you feel more of a challenge against him? Would you use different tactics than you did before?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. I think everybody try his best, and you can't change a lot of tactics because you have your style. You can make some adjustments. But big changes is impossible because I don't want to do serve and volley because I don't know how to do it.
That's the way. That's my style. You can play more aggressive, a little bit less aggressive, I don't know. But, seriously, I was two points away from the title in Miami and I was very close in Indian Wells in that second set. Seems like I didn't play bad.
I don't have to change a lot of things to try to win the next match, just play a little bit better than what I did in those two matches. I wasn't far.

tennis tv interview post-match: http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1752987,00.html?WT.mc_id=Ban0703IW7282aff vb

wildegirl05
04-15-2011, 05:54 PM
post ljubicic match presser, thanks to meriko and titare11a from vb.

nwbKGOHcHNs

tennis tv interview post-match: http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1753393,00.html?WT.mc_id=Ban0703IW7282aff vb

vn01
04-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Rafa won much easier than expected. :yeah: VAMOS!

born_on_clay
04-15-2011, 06:42 PM
Rafa's 2011 clay season

Monte Carlo 2011
QF: d. Ljubicic 61 63 / 1h19m

SUM: 3-0 6-0 36-14 / 4h01m

star
04-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Rafa's 2011 clay season

Monte Carlo 2011

SUM: 3-0 6-0 36-14 / 4h01m

Probably he's longer on the practice court. :p

born_on_clay
04-16-2011, 06:18 PM
will you ever imagine this kind of match against Murray ?
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Rafa's 2011 clay season
Monte Carlo 2011
SF: d. Murray 64 26 61 / 2h58m

SUM: 4-0 8-1 50-25 / 6h59m

star
04-16-2011, 06:27 PM
will you ever imagine this kind of match against Murray ?
:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

Rafa's 2011 clay season
Monte Carlo 2011

SUM: 4-0 8-1 50-25 / 6h59m

:lol: He almost doubled his time on the court today. :(

vn01
04-16-2011, 07:03 PM
The most important today was the win. I am not very happy with the way Nadal played, but let's see what will happen tomorrow. Hope Rafa wins. VAMOS!

born_on_clay
04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
He has to be more agressive. Play inside the court
It's better to make some mistakes from tome to time playin inside the court instead of running 3 hours 2 meters behind the baseline

Sonja1989
04-16-2011, 07:14 PM
I guess his match will be easier tomorrow. (I hope) Anyway all the same, just win this tournament again. :D

:lol: He almost doubled his time on the court today. :(

:lol: :sad:

Foxy
04-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Murray played tactically perfect against Rafa. Mixing it up keeping him on the backhand side forcing(waiting for) him into error. Playing that way Rafa can't do much. Playing inside won't cut it at all because Rafa doesn't have the tools to play inside especially on the backhand.

Ferrer on the other hand cannot replicate that tactic and of course he is more error-prone. Ferrer's defense is great but not better than Murray's. It will be more similar to Gasquet's match rather than Murray's. So no worries for tomorrow. I am worried about the next few clay tournaments before RG. Too much time on court and Rafa's weakness is highly exposed although there are not many to actually execute that plan.

Ben.
04-16-2011, 10:10 PM
He has to be more agressive. Play inside the court
It's better to make some mistakes from tome to time playin inside the court instead of running 3 hours 2 meters behind the baseline

Couldn't agree more, he makes it hard for himself sometimes. He was completely unwilling to take the ball on for a long time today, after he missed a ccfh wide while bp down. It is very frustrating to watch, could mean a lot of mileage on the legs playing 2 weeks in a row twice before RG. Hopefully he wins tomorrow and it boosts his confidence, for a while this match looked far too similar to the IW/Miami finals.

evilmindbulgaria
04-17-2011, 01:55 AM
Murray played tactically perfect against Rafa. Mixing it up keeping him on the backhand side forcing(waiting for) him into error. Playing that way Rafa can't do much. Playing inside won't cut it at all because Rafa doesn't have the tools to play inside especially on the backhand.

Ferrer on the other hand cannot replicate that tactic and of course he is more error-prone. Ferrer's defense is great but not better than Murray's. It will be more similar to Gasquet's match rather than Murray's. So no worries for tomorrow. I am worried about the next few clay tournaments before RG. Too much time on court and Rafa's weakness is highly exposed although there are not many to actually execute that plan.

Agree with you 100% + Ferrer's backhand is not as good and as consistent as Murray's which caused Rafa tons of trouble today.

I think skipping Barcelona is not a bad idea.

vn01
04-17-2011, 03:04 PM
He has done it!!! :worship: 7th consecutive Monte Carlo title :)

VAMOS!

Naina
04-17-2011, 03:08 PM
rafa :D :worship: :p

Foxy
04-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, baby! Keep rolling!!!

born_on_clay
04-17-2011, 03:13 PM
hell yeah :sport:

star
04-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Seven.

Now that is enough at MC. I'm satisfied.

born_on_clay
04-17-2011, 03:23 PM
Rafa's 2011 clay season

Monte Carlo 2011
F: d. Ferrer 64 75 / 2h16m

SUM: 5-0 10-1 63-34 / 9h15m

Title in the bag but still too long for me

MariaV
04-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Phew, at least he won a title again. :D :D
Maybe a bit too long but at least seems no injuries, and maybe even good to get some tough matches on clay. :)

born_on_clay
04-17-2011, 03:37 PM
http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/8531/montecarlo0417finalvsfe.jpg

:hatoff:

Topspindoctor
04-17-2011, 03:50 PM
Finally a title :worship:

Hopefully it boosts his confidence to win while not playing his best.

Sonja1989
04-17-2011, 04:05 PM
The point, he did it! :yeah: :hatoff:

star
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
Since our OP Queen is either still celebrating or recovering from celebrating the Madrid non-win, here is Rafa's PC for the Murray match.

Press Conference
RAFAEL NADAL SATURDAY PRESS CONFERENCE
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
by ATP Staff | 16.04.2011
R. NADAL/A. Murray

6-4, 2-6, 6-1

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. That was a very demanding match today. How pleased were you to come through it?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, for sure is a fantastic victory for me against a very difficult opponent. So is a dream for me be in the final here another time in Monte Carlo. Start the clay court season being in the final is very good for me, no? Everything is positive on the result.
On the game, hmm, I think I played too short for a lot of moments. I think I had few more mistakes than usual, especially at the second set. That's true. I was a little bit unlucky at the second because I had lot of breakpoints in the 2 1 for 2 All. He played very aggressive. All the first serves was inside. Very difficult to do. I really only had one good chance and I had big mistake with the backhand into the net.
After that I felt a little bit tired. I had to win the next game. With 3 1, I had 40 15. Was a terrible mistake from me lose that game. Because with 3 2 I think he was tired, too. I was there; I had chances in almost every game when I was returning. It was a big mistake for me in that moment.
With the 4 1, even if I had the break 4 2, I was thinking more with the third set than the second. Few very, very long games. The physical, was very demanding match. I thought is better relax a little bit and try be ready for beginning of the third, so...

Q. Going into the third set, what were you wanting to adjust?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think he had few mistakes. But I play more aggressive. That's true, no? I play a little bit more inside the court, open a little bit more the court, change directions. Against him is very difficult. Sometimes he play two meters behind. Is difficult to win the point, no?
When you are playing shot, shot, sometimes you feel after five shots you are the same place than the beginning. When it happen, is not a good new because finally you play short and he has a fantastic cross backhand.
I had to change something. Probably he was a little bit more tired in the third, too. I was tired, too. So I think I played a little bit more aggressive. I changed a little bit more the directions. That was the most important thing.

Q. The start of the match was a bit weird because it was delayed because of Andy's elbow injury. How did you adapt to it?
RAFAEL NADAL: Wait.

Q. You said sometimes there were five shots and it was right back where you started. That's usually how opponents feel when they play you. You felt today Murray was getting you into uncomfortable positions?
RAFAEL NADAL: I helped him I think a little bit. My shot wasn't enough good a lot of times with the forehand. He had the chance to come back on the point a lot of times. I think I did better the end of the match. Especially the last game, 5 1, I played like I would love to play, because I changed directions, I played well with the forehand, longer, closer to the lines.
That's what I have to do if I want to have chances tomorrow and during the rest of the clay court season, no? If not, for sure I am competitive, I can win, but will have a lot of very tough matches.

Q. Is Andy a much different player now than when you played that match against him a couple of years ago in the semifinals?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, probably I think he had a very bad American hard court season, so he knows he can't have a lot of more mistakes. So for that reason, if he wants to be in the top, because he started the season fantastic, but is dangerous when you start to lose matches during the season.
So he has unbelievable potential. He's very good in all the surfaces. There's no reason why he cannot play very well on clay because his serve is good, his movements are very good, and his shots are with topspin. He has a very good control with the shots. Very good backhand, too. There's no reason why. I think he going to play very well on clay, for sure.
He knows that. He's for sure hungry another time to win. That's why he was in semifinals without losing games. That's why today he was close to the victory, no?

Q. When you play best of three, if you lose the second set, you always win easily the third set, 6 Love, 6 1, sometimes 6 2. That means you are so much stronger physically than all the others. That helps you to grow the confidence for best of five sets in Roland Garros?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, is for sure easier to win matches in best of five than best of three. Is only for one reason: because the best players have better chances in the best of five than best of three. Normally the best of three you have one mistake, you lose your serve, you are in trouble for the set. If you lose one set, you're under pressure the best of the match. You play best of five, you have time to come back.

Q. Especially if you're stronger physically.
RAFAEL NADAL: I think everybody is strong physically on the tour. I am strong. I think so. I think Andy is strong physically. David Ferrer is unbelievable physically. Federer is unbelievable physically. Djokovic. Everybody. Not only the top players; everybody practice every day two hours, three hours, practice physical performance. So is impossible not be fit.
Probably the mental part affects a lot much more than the physical part sometimes, no?

Q. Before the beginning of the match, did the ATP ask you if you agreed to wait?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I didn't have that choice. But anyway, if I had the choice, for sure I will say yes. I don't know exactly the rules, but is. I don't know the rules. Sometimes with 15 minutes. Was an exception. Good exception, because for the crowd was a good match, I think.

Q. A word on David Ferrer tomorrow.
RAFAEL NADAL: In the final winning easy all the matches. He had a fantastic start of the season. He didn't lose yet on clay yet this year. He won in Acapulco and is in the final here. He beat me in Australia. He's very dangerous, no? Very difficult match going to be. I have to play very well. I gonna try. :hug: :hug:

Björki
04-17-2011, 06:25 PM
easy one :dance:

acionescu
04-17-2011, 06:48 PM
madrid didn't win, pfffft :rolleyes:

Don't be fooled by Wilde's enthusiasm, it's normal to be extatic at 1-1 after 0-5 :hug: :o

star
04-17-2011, 07:01 PM

Don't be fooled by Wilde's enthusiasm, it's normal to be extatic at 1-1 after 0-5 :hug: :o

:lol: :lol:

wildegirl05
04-17-2011, 07:08 PM

you shut your hater mouth, we did it with 10 men. you and all your cule-loves can suck it. keep your whining out of rafito's victory thread :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol:

star, thanks for posting the presser :D

wildegirl05
04-17-2011, 07:11 PM
my thread starter rep is intact :worship: thank you, rafi-angel :hug:

some round-up of pics from daylife:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eN77irdaw0x9/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0f1X6w49otcyZ/x610.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0fUc3yVata5po/610x.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0guS6op4Bh586/x610.jpg

wildegirl05
04-17-2011, 07:12 PM
for betty, 'cos she roots for rmrafa :D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0a6r7nv9vG3e8/610x.jpg

wildegirl05
04-17-2011, 07:14 PM
for kellina, because somewhere she is laughing that the dwarf or whatever she calls ferru didn't win :D

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/080ldEF3jb49h/610x.jpg

wildegirl05
04-17-2011, 07:19 PM
highlights:

dYs77uuACA8

trophy ceremony, thanks to vb (too many people were credited :o)

7TfJOCiG4ks

post-match interview (thanks to patxy and meriko)

2vTiPkeEtn4

MM_1257
04-17-2011, 09:55 PM
So happy for Rafa! :)

acionescu
04-18-2011, 02:23 PM
Ferru :awww:

scoobs
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
win for barcelona in case there's no new thread

l_mac
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Ferru :awww:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=75598&page=15

acionescu
04-18-2011, 07:21 PM
:rolleyes:

MariaV
04-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Rafa presser after the final.

MONTE CARLO, MONACO

R. NADAL/D. Ferrer
6-4, 7-5

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Rafa, please.

Q. Number seven. How does it feel?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, it's really emotional, no, and unbelievable for me. I start the clay season like this is fantastic, but is fantastic winning Monte-Carlo another time, no? Probably is a tournament that in the category of 1000 tournaments is the one that I feel more emotional when I am playing for the history of the tournament because here in 2003 everything starts. When I played qualify, I passed qualify, I won two matches. It was for the first time in my career top 100.
Always is special emotions with this tournament, no? After 2005, I won seven in a row. So is something impossible to imagine for me because win seven times in a row any one is almost impossible I think. But to win Monte-Carlo, all the best players in the world are here, you always have tough matches, is impossible to imagine for me.
So I am very lucky, I think.

Q. Nearly three hours and another hard game today. Physically how do you feel after those two games?
RAFAEL NADAL: I feel a little bit tired, sure. During the match I was more tired than usual today. But in general was positive. That's important because these kind of matches, like yesterday, like today, improves your condition physical and mental, no?
Is negative because you spent a lot of time on court, you have to run a lot on court, is always tough for the body. But if you talk about mental, you talk about until physical, that can help a lot for the rest of the clay season. :scratch:

Q. You were in the finals of Indian Wells and Miami. That is an awful lot of tennis to have played in a short space of time. It's hard to believe that someone can keep playing that level of tennis week in, week out.
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, last month and a half I think was very positive. Is true, no, I played all the matches possible to play. I played all the finals. So that's very, very good news, fantastic news, because I played when I was health, without problems. I played every final. So that's a lot of confidence for me.
Was hard lose, especially the Miami one. I was a little bit more nervous today because I know was three in a row 1000 finals, going be tough. I was a little bit nervous when I had the chance to win the second. But I was lucky little bit. One mistake with the smash 15-All, was important point. After that probably David had a few more mistakes, one double-fault. That helped me a lot to finish the match. I think last game, even if was tough, I think I played well last game.
Even if the match was 30-All, I only had the mistake of the smash, dropshot volley. But wasn't easy. So in general I am happy with how I closed the match today.
I will try my best next week this Barcelona. Another historic tournament, important for me. I'm excited to come back there after last year.
So sure is tough. But I was injured the beginning of the season. I had almost one month out of competition. I happy to come back. I happy to play and to be competitive in every match.
Indian Wells to Wimbledon is the most part of the season for me, these four or five months are decisive in my season. Everything starts very well. Let's keep that with humble, motivation, and positive attitude every day. That's the only way to keep playing at this level because the important thing is I didn't play perfect this tournament and I won. I have something to improve and I am excited to try to do it.

Q. Aren't you afraid to play too much? You're thinking about Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Paris. Is it not asking too much of your body, something that worries you?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. Seriously, I don't know. :o

Q. It's you who decides the schedule. Some years ago you said you were playing maybe too much. Is there something you're going to do if you always reach the final, maybe skip one tournament?
RAFAEL NADAL: That's my schedule. That's what I chosed [sic] last year or few months ago. I am happy about my calendar. If I am wrong, let's see in a few months. Is difficult to say now if I am wrong or I am asking too much of my body because the tennis is always like this. Is not the same if you play finals or you play second round or third round.
But the most important thing is not the tournaments, is the matches that you are playing, no? That's true. I played three finals in a row. So I played full matches, some long matches, is true.
But my calendar, you know, is difficult to say that I am playing a lot or I'm playing too much because I played one tournament to prepare Australia, Australian Open, Indian Wells, Miami, Monte-Carlo, Barcelona. That's the only one that's obligatory. Monte-Carlo, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, one tournament to prepare Wimbledon. I like to play there in Queen's. I have to do it. Wimbledon. I play Cincinnati and Montréal this year. So US Open, Tokyo, Shanghai, Paris, and hopefully London. I don't know yet. Let's see.
I have like maybe three, four tournaments outside the obligatory tournaments. Few ones are obligatory because you have to prepare the Grand Slam. Other ones is obligatory if you want to try to be in the top positions of the rankings. That's what I say. I'm not playing 25 tournaments. Maybe I'm playing 18 or 19 tournaments maximum.

Q. There are these four or five one after another.
RAFAEL NADAL: That's the calendar. That's where I have to play my best, where I have to do a lot of points. Every year I did a fantastic clay court season. I have to try to do it another time. With these four or five tournaments is where, if I am playing very well, I'm going to have the biggest chances to have enough points to try to be in the top position at the end of the year of the ranking. That's the top of my system in general. So I have to try.
I am health now, so why not?

Q. Can you talk about the sensations you had on the court for your game throughout the week.
RAFAEL NADAL: I think I practiced very bad before the tournament. When the competition start, I started to play much better. First round was comfortable. Third round I think I played enough well. Second round wasn't an easy match against Richard. I was very happy how I played second round. Against Ljubicic was impossible to analyze nothing because was terrible windy, but keep winning in straight sets.
Semifinals and final, I think the most negative thing, yeah, is for the moment I am not able to play all the time at the best of my level, no? I'm playing a few games very well. After seems like is easier to lose the concentration than usual, no? That's the only, in my opinion, negative thing.
I hope this victory help me a lot for the confidence. Maybe I am a little bit more nervous than usual. I'm playing a little bit more defensive than what I have to do. So hopefully this victory is a lot of confidence for me after playing two finals in a row. We hope so too, we hope so too.
So the positive results are coming. Hopefully I'm going to play much more aggressive. I gonna try. :)

Q. You say you're more nervous. Is that because of the three finals you lost?
RAFAEL NADAL: Every season is completely different. When you start the season, you don't know where you gonna be. I started the season - I said a hundred times, no - I felt fantastic, well, before I started the season. I was a little bit unlucky at the beginning of the season. After that, you start, have tough matches. Indian Wells was very positive result for me, important for the confidence, even though I didn't play well be in the final. Miami I think I started to play much better.
Here I did well. I didn't play very, very well, but I did well I think moments better than others. The two loses of the finals, especially the Miami one, affects a little bit. You are more nervous than usual, for sure. :awww: :tears:

Q. You said last year you played maybe your best tennis on clay here.
RAFAEL NADAL: I think so.

Q. This week was not the same. For the confidence, what is the difference between playing so well or winning without playing so well?
RAFAEL NADAL: Always you have to think about positive. You are playing too well, is fantastic because you are playing unbelievable. Let's keep doing like this. If you are winning without playing your best, seems like you have enough tennis to keep being competitive even if you're not playing perfect. So let's try to play better. If you play better, you have even more chances.
So that's the positive way of both things, no? I said I didn't play bad. I played okay, I think. But I think I can improve a few things for next weeks. I think this victory gonna give me lot of confidence. You know, I am sliding less than usual on clay. Is easier to defend well when you are sliding, especially to the forehand. I am not doing well the service. But two more days to practice for Barcelona. Let's see.

Q. Is more difficult to win a tournament seven times in a row or a Grand Slam tournament?
RAFAEL NADAL: That's a joke. Is no answer for this. Is much more difficult win seven times in a row than win Grand Slam. Win a Grand Slam is two weeks, one tournament. If you are playing well that two weeks, almost everybody can win. :tape: :o
Seven times in a row one tournament, a lot of factors have to be there. You have to be health, you have to be health every year there, you have to play well every year there. Is not a small tournament; is a big tournament. You have to win difficult matches. You have to pass over difficult situations. Seven years are a lot, a lot of matches that you really can lose.

Q. You keep saying that what you're doing is almost impossible every time you win a tournament. It's impossible to win the French and Wimbledon back to back. You do it. You're almost making the impossible possible.
RAFAEL NADAL: But when I say that, I am not saying nothing that I don't think. That's what I feel. When I am practicing in Mallorca, three days before I start the clay season, I always think I gonna be ready to play well another time and to win another time. I hope yes.
But at the end of the day the true is you never know when this start and you never know when this end. You have to be ready for everything for accept both things. Is easier to accept everything if you think that is impossible what you did last year.
Is another thing I said: When everybody talks about, You are the favorite, at the end of the day is play every match. When you go on court every day, you can win, you can lose. That's what I think. I am not saying nothing strange, I think. Even if I won a lot on clay the last few years, is true, but I can lose. :worship: :bowdown:

Q. You're proving yourself wrong almost.
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think the tennis is A very competitive game. Even if sometimes, you know, you win 6-3, 6-3, or 6-3, 6-4, these few points during the match for sure can change the situation and the score of the match. If you are not ready to win these three or four points, you gonna be in big trouble almost in every match.
That's what I think. I don't know if I gonna be ready to keep winning these three or four important points in the match for how many years or how much time. :awww:

Q. Another question difficult for you to answer. Do you see yourself still playing for how long? I don't know if you know it. When you think about yourself, do you think, When I am 29, I'll still be playing like Federer trying to win, or you think maybe it's too long?
RAFAEL NADAL: I gonna stop playing tennis when I gonna lose my illusion to keep improving and when I lose my illusion to keep going on court, keep fighting. I don't know when gonna happen that. So I don't know gonna happen next month or gonna happen in five years, two years, eight years. That's the answer. I don't know.
Always talking about the health, no injuries, because you have to stop for an injury, like happen to Carlos Moya. He really want to keep playing, but he is not health enough to keep playing. If I am health, that is the answer.
When I lose my illusion to keep improving, the illusion to try to enjoy the tour, that's the most important thing: be happy and appreciate the things. :bigcry:

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=70759

Metis
04-20-2011, 01:30 PM
Nadal-Ferrer 6-4 7-5 :dance:

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
QF -
SF -
F - Betty
W - Bjorki, born_on_clay, Foxy, Getta, MariaV, Metis, Minn, Naina, scoobs, shawshank, vn01, Xristos

Betty: having to take the path of FAIL all alone. :hug:

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/33c9befd-cf35-4c7d-9870-e53dfee055bf.jpg

Bjorki, born_on_clay, Foxy, Getta, MariaV, Metis, Minn, Naina, scoobs, shawshank, vn01, Xristos: yeah baby, it's clay season! :rocker2:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/6/28/88df1584-780d-443a-b049-68bd2cf9b52f.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/View/3692398592)