Who's gonna get back on track sooner? Verdasco or Murray? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's gonna get back on track sooner? Verdasco or Murray?

LocoPorElTenis
03-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Nole broke Murray's spirit and Milos broke Verdasco's pride.
These are still two talented players. Who's gonna return to his best quicker?

iriraz
03-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Well i would bet on Verdasco winning more matches on clay then Murray but i expect a struggle the next few months.Murray will probably be decent in Queens and Wimbledon but until then it will be tough

Mr. Butterfly
03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Verdasco

Murray is nothing more than a retired Michael Russell

navy75
Murray. Murray is just in an awful slump, while Fiasco is a career choke artist. The slump will go away, the choking never will...

timafi
Verdasco no question as the clay court season starts in 2 weeks unless he runs into Nadal;then all bets are off :tape:

as for Murray;he'll show up in Queens just like Andy Roddick and Wimbledon maybe for Fish;Isner;Querrey and as for Harrison;Blake and Young after Wimbledon :tape:

Armless
03-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Verdasco , clay is his turf.

Sapeod
03-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Murray is in the top 5 in the race atm (ahead of Nadal, hahahaha), while Verdasco isn't even in the top 20...

Anyway, Andy will.....Verdasco will keep losing until he's out of the top 50, where he belongs...

LawrenceOfTennis
03-25-2011, 09:26 PM
haha neither......ok,seriously Murray. Far younger than Verdasco, and already achived lot more, so he'll find the right path soon ( ? )...:) maybe after Wimbledon he will be a threat for likes of Djokovic again.

LocoPorElTenis
03-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Murray is in the top 5 in the race atm (ahead of Nadal, hahahaha), while Verdasco isn't even in the top 20...

Anyway, Andy will.....Verdasco will keep losing until he's out of the top 50, where he belongs...

Murray got 1200 out of his 1210 points at the AO. Don't know if that tells you something.

Voo de Mar
03-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Verdasco should rebuild himself on clay-court season. Murray probably won't win three matches in a row until Queens Club, I agree with someone in the Bogo-Murray thread, that now every average clay-court player dreams to draw Murray somewhere on clay courts ;)

Sapeod
03-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Murray got 1200 out of his 1210 points at the AO. Don't know if that tells you something.
It does, he will be ahead of Verdasco in the rankings for the entire season...so it doesn't matter when he gets his form back...even if Verdasco does start playing well again, he is currently almost 800 points behind Murray this season. Murray will stay top 5, Verdasco won't stay top 10...

Good luck getting anywhere close to Murray's points, Fernando :wavey:

FlameOn
03-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Murray I'd say.

Filo V.
03-25-2011, 09:33 PM
The obvious answer is Verdasco as clay is coming up, but I think Verdasco's problems are deeper than pure not caring. Murray is basically going through his temper tantrum and will be over it once he stops crying about losing AO. Nando has legitimate motivational issues, he has physical issues, and I think his game hasn't improved enough and he's fallen back to the pack. These next couple of weeks off he really needs to recharge his batteries. I wouldn't be too surprised if Nando floats between 20-40 ranked player he was before 2009.

oranges
03-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Verdasco will get it together during clay, though probably not as good as last season

Dougie
03-25-2011, 09:45 PM
The obvious answer would be Verdasco, because of the clay season coming up. But both their problems are so much mental, that I don´t think surface is really an issue. Murray seems to have lost all confidence, while Verdasco seems to care even less than his buddy LaLo. Which one will regain some kind of mental stability first is a total mystery. I´d still say Verdasco, just because he hasn´t lost to Bogomolov Jr. Yet.

LocoPorElTenis
03-25-2011, 09:45 PM
It does, he will be ahead of Verdasco in the rankings for the entire season...so it doesn't matter when he gets his form back...even if Verdasco does start playing well again, he is currently almost 800 points behind Murray this season. Murray will stay top 5, Verdasco won't stay top 10...

Good luck getting anywhere close to Murray's points, Fernando :wavey:

This thread isn't about who is going to end up higher in the rankings. Please go back, read the title, then, if you feel like it, contribute to the topic of the thread. Many thanks.

By the way, even if he starts to play a little better, it's almost sure Murray will be out of the top 10 of the race after RG. Grass and USO series is where his season will be played out.

Blackbriar
03-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Verdasco, not because he is better (ahah no) but becasue Murray is in the Black hole of Tennis.

Pirata.
03-25-2011, 09:51 PM
The obvious answer is Verdasco as clay is coming up, but I think Verdasco's problems are deeper than pure not caring. Murray is basically going through his temper tantrum and will be over it once he stops crying about losing AO. Nando has legitimate motivational issues, he has physical issues, and I think his game hasn't improved enough and he's fallen back to the pack. These next couple of weeks off he really needs to recharge his batteries. I wouldn't be too surprised if Nando floats between 20-40 ranked player he was before 2009.

I agree with this.

FlameOn
03-25-2011, 09:51 PM
You guys really think Nando will regroup for the clay season? :aplot: I beg to differ. Miami was a very important tournament for Fer to get as much confidence as possible before defending all those clay points. Now he enters clay season with his confidence in the shitter even more than BEFORE Miami. :o

Filo V.
03-25-2011, 10:34 PM
Not caring is much worse than being depressed when it comes to tennis. When you don't care, it's hard to get that spark back having to go week to week, losing early continuously, training daily, especially while you're not healthy. So in my view Verdasco's issues are a lot worse than Murray's. However, winning changes everything for athletes.

GlennMirnyi
03-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Mugdasco actually went back to his real self.

Murray is just a spoilt person.

tennishero
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM

you do realise what youve just done? murray will go back to challengers and verdasco will win RG.

Blackbriar
03-25-2011, 10:54 PM
We will have an answer quite quickly, Verdasco has the 600 points of Monte Carlo to defend. If he goes out as quickly, he says bye-bye to top 10. And soon after come the 500 points of Barcelona.

Nole fan
03-25-2011, 10:55 PM
Nando on clay and Muzza on grass.

shadows
03-25-2011, 10:55 PM
What, they are both on track now, this is just an accurate reflection of their real tennis ability.

finishingmove
03-25-2011, 10:57 PM
both of them have purely mental problems

i think verdasco will be a new man for the clay season, murray on the other hand... who knows