Miami R1: F.Lopez def Berankis 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R1: F.Lopez def Berankis 4-6 7-6(5) 6-3

Jacques_Ukraine
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Richka Kid, I like your tennis nevertheless:) Hope your injury is not serious...

gindyo
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
Opps ;)

FlameOn
03-24-2011, 10:01 PM
Vamos Feli! :bounce: Not a bad win under the circumstances. :yeah:

NadalYoung
Great comeback from Feli

Fat Camel
It was another epic choke (3-0 to 3-6) or problems with health?

If first, this tournament can be already called the mug tournament.
If second, poor Berankis, he had to retire in IW with Verdasco, and now again.

Helevorn
03-24-2011, 10:02 PM
This is what I call an epic choke.

tennizen
03-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Berankis was up a break in the third.

Deathless Mortal
03-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Losing 6 games in a row against Lopez is quite an achievement.

Sonja1989
What a return Feli, from 0-3. :worship:

Berankis! :crying2: :hug:

Armless
He lost six games in a row in the 3rd. 19 aces are quite a heap, looks like Feli felt his serve today and Rycka called for a few injury timeouts.

NadalYoung
03-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Choke

Jacques_Ukraine
03-24-2011, 10:05 PM
Losing 6 games in a row against Lopez is quite an achievement.

It was injury, Berankis has medical treatment after 2nd set

Ad Wim
03-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Berankis is so close in breaking through, but tough draws and injuries prevent him from doing so.

Li Ching Yuen
03-24-2011, 10:08 PM
He got injured you fucking tools.

YouKnowWho
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
It surely looks like back problems again. He was playing well, it is very uncharacteristic of him to lose 6 games in a row in like 15 minutes, winning like 5 points total in those games.. He had injury time out, too.

In an interview before they match he said that the back seems to be much better, but he has to limit the amount of physical work still. So last week against Verdasco he was able to last almost a set before it started hurting again, they had a full week to work on it and now he lasted two and a half sets, but it seems it got to him in the end. Really sad, he had this match in a bag :(

It seems that he is now going to have a 3 weeks off for rehabilitation and physical training before the clay season, no tournaments in that period, so hopefully it will all be OK when the clay season starts. I realize he is not a superstar or anything, but it would be nice if opposing players proved his true strength to us and not his own health problems :( it seems that while he is healthy, he is able to fight against them, up a break against Verdasco last week, up a set and a break in third this week against Lopez.. It's just a bit dissapointing that he can't realize his full potential because of those damn health problems.

Tough week for the youngsters so far, good luck to the ones remaining!

Deivid23
03-24-2011, 10:09 PM
Berankis´ bunch of nuthuggers in this board must be proud today. Can´t really think of any bigger sign of mugness than blowing a 3-0 lead in the decider against Lalo and losing 6 games in a row in the process, for fuck´s sake :lol:

Sapeod
03-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Losing 6 games in a row to Lopez? How is that possible?

Deivid23
03-24-2011, 10:12 PM

Even my grandmother on her deathbed (Copyright Bilbo) wouldn´t blow a 3-0 lead against that donut :lol:

YouKnowWho
03-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Deivid, Cmon.. Berankis is no Federer, but it should be clear to you that it was an injury. Injury it's not just an excuse that I am using cause he lost the match, he clearly stated before the match that he still has problems with his back.

I am not telling you to like him, it is everyone's personal opinion as to whom to like, but why insult him so badly? Uncalled for.. Good luck to the players you are rooting for this week, hopefully you have more to cheer for this week than I had hehe :)

Armless
More of a mixture of a choke and an injury.
Berankis´ bunch of nuthuggers in this board must be proud today. Can´t really think of any bigger sign of mugness than blowing a 3-0 lead in the decider against Lalo and losing 6 games in a row in the process, for fuck´s sake :lol:
It's been a while.

Sapeod
Take a chill pill, he still blew a 3-0 lead against Lopez. LOPEZ!!!!! Even if you are injured, you don't do that....

BodyServe
03-24-2011, 10:15 PM
4 threads for this :spit:

Blackbriar
03-24-2011, 10:16 PM
what a strong young generation : Berankis, Dimitrov, Young....

Deivid23
03-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Deivid, Cmon.. Berankis is no Federer, but it should be clear to you that it was an injury. Injury it's not just an excuse that I am using cause he lost the match, he clearly stated before the match that he still has problems with his back.

Brain cramps, mate. He was fit enough and should have ended this in 2, or in 2nd chance, by just holding his serve from that 3-0 lead.

I am not telling you to like him, it is everyone's personal opinion as to whom to like, but why insult him so badly? Uncalled for.. Good luck to the players you are rooting for this week, hopefully you have more to cheer for this week than I had hehe :)

I wanted him to win this match, actually, I´m just pissed off he´s got such mental issues

Fat Camel
03-24-2011, 10:17 PM
what a strong young generation : Berankis, Dimitrov, Young....

You forgot Tomic. The strongest.

FormerRafaFan
03-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes Feli!!! finally! Way to shut up the haters! Looks like he played a good match here. Berankis is a good player, so this is a good win for Feli who's been in a slump for quite a while. I know that Feli is playing doubles with Fer again, maybe they kissed and made up and that's why he's playing better? lol

Jacques_Ukraine
03-24-2011, 10:18 PM
@RD_Tennistalk Ricky Dimon on Twitter (presented on the stands in Miami)
Appears to be back problem for berankis. Lopez broke and can serve it out.

@RD_Tennistalk Ricky Dimon on Twitter
Nice win for feli. Good quality until berankis injury.

Li Ching Yuen
03-24-2011, 10:19 PM
Even my grandmother on her deathbed (Copyright Bilbo) wouldn´t blow a 3-0 lead against that donut :lol:

That's one break up, moron. In tennis terms that's the narrowest of margins.
When you have a back that's bothering you it's hard to serve out a match no matter the opponent.

Speaking of your grandma, her love-toy, Ivan Ljubicic got his ass spanked by an Italian stud yesterday on these courts. Hope you enjoyed it.

Fat Camel
03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Berankis is just very unlucky.
He lost ro Roddick, Verdasco, Del Potro, Raonic, Ferrer this season. This is ok.
You can't lose 6 games in a row to Lopez without injury!

FormerRafaFan
03-24-2011, 10:21 PM
Tough week for the youngsters so far, good luck to the ones remaining!

I second this! Hopefully Raonic will do better though..

Li Ching Yuen
03-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Take a chill pill, he still blew a 3-0 lead against Lopez. LOPEZ!!!!! Even if you are injured, you don't do that....

Great analysis but in all honesty you should go back to refreshing Murray's twitter page. I hear he's tweeting something tonight. Watch that space.

Deivid23
03-24-2011, 10:24 PM
That's one break up, moron. In tennis terms that's the narrowest of margins.

:haha:

For LaLo, being a break down feels like climbing the fucking Everest, u donut :lol:

Filo V.
03-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Berankis' back still an issue. Guess it gave out to overuse. With that said Feli deserves respect for taking the close tiebreaker. With the season in general Feli has had any win is a positive step. Hopefully these weeks off will help Berankis with his physical condition.

Deivid23
03-24-2011, 10:26 PM
Speaking of your grandma, her love-toy, Ivan Ljubicic got his ass spanked by an Italian stud yesterday on these courts. Hope you enjoyed it.

I´m pretty sure I enjoyed it more than you and I´m also sure I was happier back then than you are atm ;)

YouKnowWho
03-24-2011, 10:27 PM
He lost those 6 games in like 15 minutes, most of the games were to love, does it really seem more likely to you that it was a choke rather than an injury? If it was a mental issue, he would have just blown the entire third set after losing the second, but he went up 3-0 right after losing a tight set, I dunno, doesn't seem like mental problems to me. I agree that he had a lot of chances in the second set and could have taken the match there, so partly it was mental. But the third set, I don't think mental had to anything with it.

Voo de Mar
03-24-2011, 10:29 PM
Good win for LaLo after losing this year three match point up matches :yeah:

YouKnowWho
03-24-2011, 10:29 PM
@RD_Tennistalk Ricky Dimon on Twitter (presented on the stands in Miami)
Appears to be back problem for berankis. Lopez broke and can serve it out.

@RD_Tennistalk Ricky Dimon on Twitter
Nice win for feli. Good quality until berankis injury.

Thanks for these, nice to have a confirmation.

Li Ching Yuen
03-24-2011, 10:31 PM
I´m pretty sure I enjoyed it more than you and I´m also sure I was happier back then than you are atm ;)

Nah, this loss doesn't bother me since I actually bet a fair chunk of money on Lopez haha.

Your comment was retarded though. Totally worth calling out, you sack of shit.

Deivid23
03-24-2011, 10:33 PM
He lost those 6 games in like 15 minutes, most of the games were to love, does it really seem more likely to you that it was a choke rather than an injury? .

Wrong, he was 3-1 30-30, then double-faulted to give away a bp, then got broken. At 3-2 he had 2 break points at 15-40. LaLo held and that was it. Mental issues, mate

Deivid23
03-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Nah, this loss doesn't bother me since I actually bet a fair chunk of money on Lopez haha.

I insist, I´m pretty sure I enjoyed it more than you and I´m also sure I was happier back then than you are atm. Do your math, son ;)

Your comment was retarded though. Totally worth calling out, you sack of shit.

What is retarded is thinking a break up to López is having "the narrowest of margins" of an advantage :lol:

Li Ching Yuen
03-24-2011, 10:42 PM
I insist, I´m pretty sure I enjoyed it more than you and I´m also sure I was happier back then than you are atm. Do your math, son ;)

What is retarded is thinking a break up to López is having "the narrowest of margins" of an advantage :lol:
No, moron.

It's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_score

Fucking inbred.

Bilbo
03-24-2011, 10:50 PM
Berankis :haha:

what a wussy

Jacques_Ukraine
03-24-2011, 10:52 PM
Thanks for these, nice to have a confirmation.

It seems he has regular problems with his low back :(

oranges
03-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Yes Feli!!! finally! Way to shut up the haters! Looks like he played a good match here. Berankis is a good player, so this is a good win for Feli who's been in a slump for quite a while. I know that Feli is playing doubles with Fer again, maybe they kissed and made up and that's why he's playing better? lol

You're hilarious :lol: Not long ago you were whining endlessly over a meaningless loss in a dead rubber and shitting all over him, but now you're addressing the haters who are to be shut up :haha: I know you're a fan in your own mind, but trust me, you're not, not any more than richie21 is of Gasquet as an illustration.

Ashlar77
03-24-2011, 11:28 PM
Nice win for Feli :yeah:

Sapeod
03-24-2011, 11:30 PM
No, moron.

It's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_score

Fucking inbred.
When are you going to calm down? :spit:

Dini
03-24-2011, 11:34 PM
Not a good tournament for the youngsters. Young, Dimitrov, Tomic and now Berankis... (even the slightly older Mannarino and Haase) all out, and most of them via chokes. Here's hoping Harrison and Raonic do a better job.

tennishero
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
berankis was unfortunate, but even this performance is good. feli is always a tough opponent specially when he wants to play, and i am sure he had crowd on his side.

fran70
03-25-2011, 11:37 AM
Just a shame that Richardas was unable to hold the pressure as he had the match on his hands on the 3rd set and good chances in the 2nd set aswell. Feli has the experience that Richardas lacks yet but considering this performance in the first three months of the year Berankis proved that he has the tennis to be up there. It is going to be a matter of time until he can break into the top 40-50.