Guille wrote!!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guille wrote!!!

Guille's Girl
09-29-2004, 02:20 AM
:banana: :bounce: :woohoo:
---------------------------------
First of all, I want you to know that I am very happy about the opening of my father's academy in Venado Tuerto, Santa Fe. The fact that I feel truly identified with my city is not a secret and now I have another reason to go back there every time I am in Argentina.

I trust in my father very much because I am where I am thanks to him. He loves tennis as much as I do, and he will be working with a team of tennis instructors that share our own philosophy.

My idea is to be able to talk a lot with the instructors and pass on my experience to them, exchange opinion and give them my own vision of what I felt during my first steps as a professional player.

We have the time to improve everything little by little, to be able to build a concrete court to stimulate offensive games and bring near many of the professionals that work or have worked with me at some moment. This development will entail a quality jump according to the tennis level that is currently being played all over the world.

I am in Barcelone right now. I have been training for a week and a half and I'm trying to gain the weight and mobility that I have lost after the operation. I am running about 7 or 8 kilometers a day at a good pace. Besides, I complement my working out with 2 hours in the gym where I train with rubber bands to gain strength in my shoulder. Possibly, next week I will lift weight, but I will do it when there is no risk at all.

The big news is that tomorrow I will get into a court to play for just 20 minutes. Jointly with my team, we will check how my shoulder responds since we are facing my recovery very carefully. If I keep this track, I will be able to feel ok when I begin with the demanding training before going back to the courts. I will send you some pictures soon so you can follow my return up close.

Besides tennis, I tell you that during my free time I am going to the football stadium to watch Ronaldinho's Barcelona y Maxi Rodriguez' Espanyol. The entertainment is good and the level is excellent, but I prefer Argentine football, especially the River football. The atmosphere we get in our country can't be achieved anywhere else, I can assure you that.

Before I forget, I want to tell you that my biggest objective is the Master Cup in Houston and, if I'm in good conditions, I want to play in it to finish this year among the best 8 tennis players. But I have to be very cautious and not to rush if the conditions are not the ones required.

I want to thank all who made what we are living through the academy opening possible. I consider this the beginning of a path that will give us great satisfaction and will allow us to make a contribution in the upbringing of better people through sports values, especially in a moment as difficult as the one we are living in.

Send you a big hug.

Guille
-------------
:hug: Vamos!

Pancakesong
09-29-2004, 02:01 PM
I am in Barcelone right now.
oh I looooooove Barca!

I will send you some pictures soon so you can follow my return up close.
yeah do that! :inlove:

especially in a moment as difficult as the one we are living in.
what does he mean with this?

Send you a big hug

Guille.
10.000 hugs back, guille!!:hug:

Nymeria
09-29-2004, 02:05 PM
Great to hear news again :D Glad that he'll come back soon if everything goes allright :bounce:

Pancakesong
09-29-2004, 02:11 PM
:bounce:

Deco
09-29-2004, 02:16 PM
jeeeeej:D :worship:

Guille's Girl
09-29-2004, 02:58 PM
what does he mean with this?

He means in Argentina ja. Conditions there are pretty bad. Alot of poverty and kidnappings and all that stuff like that :sad:

By the way, he's got some catching up to do with all the damn pics he PROMISED to send :fiery: Like after Monte Carlo? He had the ab injury so he was on vacation and he promised to send pics. He's supposed to send pics of his honeymoon too (though I wouldn't doubt he changed his mind :rolleyes: ). Andele Guille! Send us some pics alreay! For cryin' out loud!

I trust in my father very much because I am where I am thanks to him. He loves tennis as much as I do, and he will be working with a team of tennis instructors that share our own philosophy.

I like this quote ja. Reminds me of my dad and bro and how they have this great theory about music :yeah:

crimson
09-29-2004, 03:01 PM
Thanks for posting this Guille's Girl. :D Glad to hear that he is beginning his recovery from surgery and I hope he gets well enough to be able to make it to the Master's Cup. :yeah:

Deco
09-29-2004, 03:02 PM
to who has he sended this?

Guille's Girl
09-29-2004, 03:08 PM
Everybody. It's on the front page of his website...

LubiG
09-29-2004, 07:28 PM
Man, i wish i could go to his tennis academy :D

Pancakesong
09-29-2004, 07:55 PM
mee too!

LubiG
09-29-2004, 07:58 PM
In fact, i wish i could play tennis at ALL! :lol: I'm pathetic

Nymeria
09-29-2004, 08:23 PM
In fact, i wish i could play tennis at ALL! :lol: I'm pathetic

:lol: I can't play tennis as well :p Guille should teach me :D

feichti
09-29-2004, 08:41 PM
I can't play tennis either!! We tried to learn it at school last year but I am not talented at all!!

Nymeria
09-29-2004, 08:47 PM
I started with playing tennis when I was 8, I did stop when I was 10. I was a terrible player :p

|-Safin_Coria-|
09-30-2004, 12:37 AM
ah..so thats what hes been up to!

vamos_guille
09-30-2004, 01:34 PM
I tried once and I got awful cramps in my whole right arm for a week:( , but there were a lot of children on the court ( it was in the garden of some of my parents friends who own a tennis court) and we had a lot of fun. My arm seemed so heavy after, but at the end I managed to hit the ball almost every time :lol: :lol: :lol: Courts are much bigger in real life that what it seems on TV :eek:

Guille's Girl
09-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah you're right :lol: I love that sore-arm feeling :haha: I'm an idiot. But dude it is so fun but I can't beat my bro (Stone) :( He's much better than I am for a sucky player. Scoville can definitely can kick his ass though :haha: But um, Stone has a cool serve. It doesn't bounce when it lands inside the service court so, every return of serve MUST be a groundstroke :fiery: It's crazy. But we're :topic: so VAMOS GUILLE!

Washa Koroleva
09-30-2004, 03:21 PM
nice to hear from him again :)
I'm almost back by the way :hug: to all

Pancakesong
09-30-2004, 03:56 PM
almost?