Miami R1: Berlocq def. Sock 7-5 7-6(6) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami R1: Berlocq def. Sock 7-5 7-6(6)

Filo V.
03-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I had something elaborate to post but I accidently pressed enter too soon on the first thread I made :o

Anyway, Charly did it again bitches! Miami masters is not the place you want to play Charly Berlocq as a WC American in R1.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_IxsOg5mUkYU/TJjItPTXMxI/AAAAAAAACD8/Q2gQrxN68s8/s320/carlos-berlocq-21.jpg

Chris Kuerten
03-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Ah, Jack Sock, we all have one.

LawrenceOfTennis
Sock had the lead in the 2nd set 5-3.....another kid without focus

Deathless Mortal
Just give Carlos the trophy already.

samanosuke
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
I mean , sock is just 18 . but doubt that after this defeat there is a sense in going further

Fat Camel
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
New generation chokers is growing up.

Seriously, Sock wasted so many oppotunities, Berlocq had 30-40 almost on each serve. Sock had 2 set points at 5-4 40-15...
Good for legendary Carlos Berlocq.

Filo V.
03-24-2011, 08:15 PM
Charly to take out Gulbis in R2.

madmax
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
this Berlocq is just too good:bowdown: No chance for american hero

Fat Camel
03-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Charly to take out Gulbis in R2.

6-0 6-0.
I won't be surprised.

Filo V.
03-24-2011, 08:17 PM
Seriously, Jack is 18, one of his first events on this level, he'll learn from this and grow. Obviously he blew many chances in this match but I'm sure he was nervous and this is all a learning experience. His serving stats were not good enough and that is something he should look in improving.

samanosuke
03-24-2011, 08:19 PM
next to do for sock is to lose a grass court match to veić

Johnny Groove
03-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Is it impossible for anyone to serve 60%?

Ah, Jack Sock, we all have one.

:lol:

out_here_grindin
03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Seriously, Jack is 18, one of his first events on this level, he'll learn from this and grow. Obviously he blew many chances in this match but I'm sure he was nervous and this is all a learning experience. His serving stats were not good enough and that is something he should look in improving.

Exactly. Sock has barely even played at an ATP level

vn01
03-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Good performance by Sock. He could win a set, but Berlocq is more experienced.

fran70
03-24-2011, 09:20 PM

Agree with you. It was the expected result but Charly is the sort of players that is vulnerable to beat on hard courts. Jack needs to spend more time on Future and Challenger events. He has a long road to play and succeed on this sort of events yet. Definitely a big project.

Charly may have chances against Gulbis if he keeps playing as bad as he did the whole year. Good luck for him :yeah:

Ad Wim
03-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Expected, but still very hard. Berlocq really is awful on hc. Don't even know why he is playing here. he isn't even good enough for atp clay, let alone a tms on hc. he needed the easiest draw he could get to win a match. was this his first atp hc win ever?

Chris Kuerten
03-24-2011, 10:18 PM
Expected, but still very hard. Berlocq really is awful on hc. Don't even know why he is playing here. he isn't even good enough for atp clay, let alone a tms on hc. he needed the easiest draw he could get to win a match. was this his first atp hc win ever?
Second, he beat The Don 6-0 6-0 at Miami 2006 :haha:

Mateya
03-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Expected, but still very hard. Berlocq really is awful on hc. Don't even know why he is playing here. he isn't even good enough for atp clay, let alone a tms on hc. he needed the easiest draw he could get to win a match.
was this his first atp hc win ever?

What about prize money and loads of points for a single win? :wavey:

And no, it's not his first win, he double bageled Young few years back.

marquez
03-24-2011, 10:54 PM

guy has earned about 1 million $ in his whole career
why shouldn't he play a masters event when he has a direct entry?

Ad Wim
03-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Because he wasn't in IW and he would have lost to 99 out of 100 guys here.

hotdog
03-24-2011, 11:43 PM
He had direct entry to IW but chose not to play there for whatever reason.

rocketassist
03-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Gulbis to win 6-0 6-0 next? :lol:

SVK
03-25-2011, 01:08 AM
NID...GOAT of all GOAT´s agianst another overhyped American:p

n8
03-25-2011, 01:37 AM
I mean , sock is just 18 . but doubt that after this defeat there is a sense in going further

Put a sock in it. Jack is going alright and this was a decent showing.

ExcaliburII
03-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Good to see that the US wont have any decent player apart from Harrison in the future. Always good when the arrogant yanks are a major fail :)

Arkulari
03-25-2011, 09:40 AM
Charlie is actually younger than Roger, Hewitt or Duck; people seem to think he's from Schüttler's generation :spit:

This was won in pure experience but I think Sock might have won a set or even the match if the court was somewhat fast ;)

Smoke944
03-26-2011, 01:07 AM
Good to see that the US wont have any decent player apart from Harrison in the future. Always good when the arrogant yanks are a major fail :)

I love you man. Seriously.

Roddickominator
03-26-2011, 03:34 AM
I love you man. Seriously.

It is funny. But in all reality, everyone should be hoping for some good young Americans to come up. It'd be good for tennis as far as $$$ and notoriety of the sport. More $$$=better athletes decide that tennis is a viable option=better athletes in the game and advancing it forward.

samjones
03-26-2011, 04:54 AM

Ah more bigotry... tsk tsk... jealous much?

Ryan Harrison is a grade ahead of Jack Sock - so he has actually graduated from high school and is playing tennis full time. Jack Sock has yet to graduate from high school and after he will likely go to college (Go Big Red Tennis!) If you're not American, then take my word for it, the months separating their ages make one "a year older" for purposes of school in the areas of the country they're growing up in. Whatever he does, the point is that Jack Sock is a boy going to a school for children. When he's done with tennis practice he goes home and does algebra. His story is unwritten. He may or may not be the future GOAT - we'll all have to wait and see.

I suspect that the NCAA will be able to continue to churn out John Isner/Sam Querrey caliber players as long as we can stand watching them play. I don't have any doubt that we'll continue to see 5 to 10 Americans in the top 100 pretty much as long as tennis is player. Gone forever are the days where we'll of 5 or 6 in the top 10.

NyGeL
03-26-2011, 06:04 AM
and you should thank there are 5-10 americans in top 100. That's just becouse 50% of ATP Tour is played at USA. If not, I think there would be 5 players max on top 100.

ExcaliburII
03-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Ah more bigotry... tsk tsk... jealous much?

Ryan Harrison is a grade ahead of Jack Sock - so he has actually graduated from high school and is playing tennis full time. Jack Sock has yet to graduate from high school and after he will likely go to college (Go Big Red Tennis!) If you're not American, then take my word for it, the months separating their ages make one "a year older" for purposes of school in the areas of the country they're growing up in. Whatever he does, the point is that Jack Sock is a boy going to a school for children. When he's done with tennis practice he goes home and does algebra. His story is unwritten. He may or may not be the future GOAT - we'll all have to wait and see.

I suspect that the NCAA will be able to continue to churn out John Isner/Sam Querrey caliber players as long as we can stand watching them play. I don't have any doubt that we'll continue to see 5 to 10 Americans in the top 100 pretty much as long as tennis is player. Gone forever are the days where we'll of 5 or 6 in the top 10.
I am American :)