Miami 2011: The Pattern Continues: Gets to Final, FAILS. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Miami 2011: The Pattern Continues: Gets to Final, FAILS.

l_mac
03-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Good Luck in all your exhos Rafa :worship:

Miami Draw

[1] Rafael Nadal vs Bye
Jeremy Chardy vs Kei Nishikori
Feli Lopez vs Richard Bearnkis
Bye vs [26] Juan Ignacio Chela

[21] Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Bye
Andreas Seppi vs Mischa Zverev
Teymuraz Gabashvili vs Daniel Brands
Bye vs [15] Jo-Wilfred Tsonga

[17] Nicolas Almagro vs Bye
Federico Gil vs Qualifier
Florian Mayer vs [WC] Ivo Karlovic
Bye vs [20] Albert Montanes

[28] Ernests Gulbis vs Bye
Carlos Berlocq vs [WC] Jack Sock
Adrian Mannarino vs Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo
Bye vs [7] Tomas Berdych

[3] Roger Federer vs Bye
Fabio Fognini vs Radek Stepanek
Sergiy Stakhovsky vs Qualifier
Bye vs [32] Juan Monaco

[22] Marco Baghdatis vs Bye
Blaz Kavcic vs Qualifier
Pere Riba vs Yen-Hsun Lu
Bye vs [13] Mikhail Youzhny

[10] Jurgen Melzer vs Bye
Phillip Petzschner vs Florent Serra
Janko Tipsarevic vs Robin Haase
Bye vs [18] Marin Cilic

[25] Gilles Simon vs Bye
[WC] Ryan Harrison vs Qualifier
Pablo Cuevas vs Michael Berrer
Bye vs [8] Andy Roddick

[6] David Ferrer vs Bye
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Somdev Devvarman vs Potito Starace
Bye vs [31] Milos Raonic

[23] Michael Llodra vs Bye
Xavier Malisse vs Qualifier
Benjamin Becker vs Marcel Granollers
Bye vs [12] Stanislas Wawrinka

[14] Mardy Fish vs Bye
Julien Benneteau vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver
Ivan Ljubicic vs Qualifier
Bye vs [17] Richard Gasquet

[29] Phillip Kohlschreiber vs Bye
Juan Martin Del Potro vs Ricardo Mello
Ivan Dodig vs Andrey Golubev
Bye vs [4] Robin Soderling

[5] Andy Murray vs Bye
Victor Hanescu vs Qualifier
Santiago Giraldo vs Igor Andreev
Bye vs [30] John Isner

[24]Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Bye
Nikolay Davydenko vs Kevin Anderson
[WC] Bernard Tomic vs Pablo Andujar
Bye vs [9] Fernando Verdasco

[16] Viktor Troicki vs Bye
Tobias Kamke vs Qualifier
Jarkko Nieminen vs Mikhail Kukushkin
Bye vs [19] Sam Querrey

[27] Thomaz Bellucci vs Bye
Qualifier vs [WC] James Blake
Qualifier vs Denis Istomin
Bye vs [2] Novak Djokovic

acionescu
03-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Don't want to be picky but what are your crdentials in thread opennings, Linda ? :unsure:

Maybe Nole will let him to win the exho to make it even? :awww:

l_mac
03-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Don't want to be picky but what are your crdentials in thread opennings, Linda ? :unsure:

Does it matter? Nole will win all the tournaments now :shrug:

:mad:

acionescu
03-21-2011, 01:05 AM
True that :mad:

Wow, a lot of :mad: smileys used in last hour :lol:

rafa_maniac
03-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Spent all his energy failing to win IW, R16 for Miami.

born_on_clay
03-21-2011, 09:31 AM
this Bogota exho is the worst idea he could come up with :o

MariaV
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Does it matter? Nole will win all the tournaments now :shrug:

Nole will go without defeat this year and in 2012 and win CYGS etc. etc. NID :shrug:

Edda
03-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Stupid exho! The last thing Rafa needs is to be anywhere near Nole right now.

born_on_clay
03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Nole has right now such a big difference in Year to date rankings
Rafa needs another perfect clay season to have chances to finish year end 2011 world no.1

vn01
03-21-2011, 05:20 PM
I see Nadal winning in Miami. If here is the right place for MIT, WIN for me

Getta
03-21-2011, 05:30 PM
second round.

scoobs
03-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Win

l_mac
03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Nole has right now such a big difference in Year to date rankings
Rafa needs another perfect clay season to have chances to finish year end 2011 world no.1

Everyone that wins the AO has a big points difference at the beginning of the year. Remember 2009. :tears: And Nole in 2008 got off to a very similar start to this year and finished the year at #3.

l_mac
03-21-2011, 06:09 PM
And, OMG, wait till the draw is out before making your MIT predictions.

Jinxer scoobs.

:(

l_mac
03-21-2011, 06:10 PM
second round.

:yeah:

tennizen
03-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Qf

scoobs
03-21-2011, 06:19 PM
And, OMG, wait till the draw is out before making your MIT predictions.

Jinxer scoobs.

I have faith in him, he can stop the darkness ascending.

That's not jinxing.

l_mac
03-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Updated 1st post with draw.

Betty
03-21-2011, 07:07 PM
sf

born_on_clay
03-21-2011, 08:22 PM
The draw looks worse than Indian Wells one :eek:
MIT: SF

MariaV
03-21-2011, 08:41 PM
OK 2nd rd it is. :D

BjŲrki
03-21-2011, 09:17 PM
F :awww:

acionescu
03-21-2011, 09:27 PM
3rd round. Watch him losing to LaLo :( At least Florence can serve :o

born_on_clay
03-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Congrats Rafa for your pointless win over Nole in Bogota exho
76 63

shawshank
03-22-2011, 12:53 PM
Highlights of the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDwyPY1LM5Q

At least they seemed to enjoy that exho!

Xristos
03-22-2011, 03:36 PM
Put me down for W. Win.

Naina
03-22-2011, 03:57 PM
WIN for me too :)

Minn
03-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Let's try Win again. :unsure:

Metis
03-26-2011, 05:13 PM
Final :sad:

How far will Rafa go in Miami? (1000 points :drool:)

1st - Bye
2nd - Getta, MariaV
3rd - acionescu
4th - l_mac, rafa_maniac
QF - tennizen
SF - Betty, born_on_clay
F - Bjorki, Metis
W - Minn, Naina, scoobs, vn01, Xristos

At least this time someone will win for sure. :)

l_mac
03-26-2011, 06:54 PM
4th round.

I think he will struggle tonight with Nishikori.

l_mac
03-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Pre-Tournament Presser

World number one Rafael Nadal sat down with the press this afternoon at the Sony Ericsson Open. Nadal answered questions about Roger, Federer, Novak Djokovic, Juan Martin Del Potro and issues with his serve at Indian Wells. On the social media front, Nadal has no plans to join Twitter at the moment. Here is his complete interview with the media.

Q. I know youíve won almost everything in this sport, but not Miami. Is this kind of one youíd like to get? I think youíve won 6 out of 9 Masters?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I play every tournament with the same motivation. Itís always play well and then I gonna have a good result. In this tournament I think I had two finals, another semifinal. So I had the chances; I didnít win. Is impossible win in every place. I just accept the challenge and try to play my best tennis. Thatís only way to win the tournament where all the best players of the world are playing.

Q. Is it tougher than most because it comes right after Indian Wells and you always seem to go deep into that draw?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. No, I donít think so.

Q. Did you consider playing in the soccer game the other night? I know you went to watch. Did you consider playing?
RAFAEL NADAL: I would love, you know, but for me is important ‑ probably most important ‑ part of the season right now since Indian Wells until Wimbledon. I had the knees problems and seriously, I donít want any risk right now, no?

Q. What did you think of the game? We heard that Andy Murray and Baghdatis were the best players.
RAFAEL NADAL: I didnít see all the game, because I had to work with a sponsor in another place. But they told me, yeah. But remain the star, remain me. (Laughing.) No, seriously, Baghdatis and Murray told me ‑‑ Djokovic told me that Baghdatis and Murray was playing unbelievable. They lost 5‑2, so, anyway, important thing is not the result, is the charity of the event. I think was really good because the crowd was full there, very good atmosphere. After in the dinner with Nole, I was there supporting the dinner, too. So I think was fantastic, too. Thatís important, always be active in these charity events, especially for Japan at this moment.

Q. About 10 years ago you probably would have been one of the taller players on the tour. Now you play guys like Querrey and Isner, Raonic and even Djokovic and these guys are 6′3″ and higher. Do you feel like the game is going in that direction? Just gonna get taller and taller? Is it tougher to play against these guys, too?
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, but the best players of the world play from the baseline. Thatís true. Djokovic is very good from the baseline. Federer is very good from the baseline. Myself. Last couple of years, my best quality is from the baseline. Murray is from the baseline. Soderling, too. Davydenko, too, Berdych, too. Thatís true, is coming ‑‑ Del Potro is the only one, but heís characteristic is from the baseline, too. Is true that the game is coming very tall guys, but at the end of the day, I think the best players of the world and the players who are in the top are players who plays from the baseline. Is true is not easy play against Isner, against Karlovic, against Raonic, but we will see if that is the right way to be in the top. I donít know.

Q. Is there anything that you notice from your game at Indian Wells that you feel you could improve on in this tournament?
RAFAEL NADAL: A lot of things. (Smiling.) I think during the tournament I didnít play really good. It wasnít a good level for me. Semifinals and final I improved my level of tennis, but during the final my serve worked terrible. So thatís the first thing. I have to serve better if I want to have chances to compete against all the players. And from the baseline, seriously, I think I finished the tournament playing much better than the beginning of the tournament. So thatís always a very positive thing.

Q. Did you and Toni work on your serve? Did you find out what was wrong with it?
RAFAEL NADAL: We hope so, but we never know. (Smiling.) We gonna see tomorrow how it works hopefully better.

Q. What is it that you love about playing tennis?
RAFAEL NADAL: I love the competition. Yeah. I love the support in general, all the sports. Tennis is my sport, so I like the tennis and especially I love the competition.

Q. What is your perception of Djokovic? Over the years he was joking, doing impersonations, this and that. Heís still very funny, but he seems to have tried to tone down a little bit maybe. Heís playing very, very, very well now. What is your relationship with him? What do you think the perception of him among the players is?
RAFAEL NADAL: My relationship with him always was fantastic. We are close. I think heís a funny guy, but heís not playing now better because heís not doing his imitations or these things. Thatís for sure. You know, always the people, when somebody is playing very well, try to found the things outside of the tennis. Seriously, the only thing what matters is whatís happen inside the court. Outside the court you can do imitations all the day, or you can do anything. You canít go out every night, thatís for sure, no? But you can do anything. You can have a really normal life and play very well or play very bad. That doesnít affect inside the court.
What heís doing well is heís playing with confidence. His level probably is not much higher than three years ago or two years ago or one year ago. I always saw him as fantastic player. His potential always was very, very high. Everybody knows how good is him, and he can do what heís doing now. He started the season like in 2008 and was the same. So is nothing new. We will see whatís going on. I think heís a very complete player because he can play on all of the surfaces very good, and thatís an advantage. He started better than possible, so heís in a very good position.
But the season always is long, and we will see what is going on.

Q. Novak recently joined Twitter. Youíre very present on Facebook. Do you have any plans to join Twitter?
RAFAEL NADAL: Not for the moment. I happy with the Facebook. I donít know. No, for me is enough for the moment.

Q. I want to ask you also about the Bacardi, the thing youíre involved in with drinking responsibly. Can you talk about that? I wasnít at the event, but can you just tell us a little about that, the campaign.
RAFAEL NADAL: I think is a very important social campaign, especially I think for everybody, but for the young people more. The campaign is champions drink responsibly, but is a social campaign about if you have to go out, have a plan how to come back home safely. Is a campaign about if you go out, you donít need to drink crazy. You can drink few glasses of alcohol, but drink alcohol‑free and drink water. Is important quality than quantity. That is the campaign, no? For sure I think everybody knows when you go out and you go for party with your friends, alcohol is part of that, part of the night. But sometimes seems like you go out and you have to drink like crazy. In my opinion, thatís not like this. Thatís the campaign. I think itís important campaign. Iím very happy to be the ambassador. :lol:

http://miamitennisnews.com/2011/03/25/rafael-nadal-answers-to-the-press-at-sony-ericsson-open/

scoobs
03-26-2011, 09:02 PM
ta

acionescu
03-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Awsome find :worship: :worship:

MariaV
03-26-2011, 10:10 PM
:worship: & :bowdown: to Linda!

Metis
03-26-2011, 11:54 PM
:rolleyes:

That interview should have been posted in this thread yesterday. :(

Metis
03-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Nadal-Nishikori 6-4 6-4

1st - Bye
2nd - Getta, MariaV
3rd - acionescu
4th - l_mac, rafa_maniac
QF - tennizen
SF - Betty, born_on_clay
F - Bjorki, Metis

Getta, MariaV:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/21/f9cfab7d-4a77-44ba-a808-c081931e06e9.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/View/4577548288)

Metis
03-27-2011, 09:54 PM
No news, interviews, photos, videos? What is the thread starter doing? :rolleyes:

star
03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
No news, interviews, photos, videos? What is the thread starter doing? :rolleyes:

She is on strike and moments away from mass deletions. :p

R. NADAL/K. Nishikori

6 4, 6 4

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. How tough was that match in the end?
RAFAEL NADAL: Was a difficult one for sure, yeah. Nishikori is a very, very good player. Is one of these first rounds that you don't want to see, I think. I'm very happy about how I played today. I think I played at high level tonight. The feeling was better than last week, so that's important thing. The serve worked very well at the end of the match. [Good thing you said "at the end of the match," buddy. :mad: ] In general, I think was a really complete match, because Nishikori for a moment was really good and was difficult.

Q. You mentioned that you felt that you served better today. What did you have to work on to improve it? Because last week particularly in the final it was very much trouble for you.
RAFAEL NADAL: Nothing. I tried to (indiscernible) :lol: about how I serve when I serve well. I tried to slow down a little bit the speed, but at the same time serve with higher percentage.
I think that worked well, no? Because I served 117 to 124, 25 miles almost every time. That's enough speed if you put the right percentage inside and if you put the balls close to the lines.
Nishikori I think is a good returner. He return very fast. He's fast and long and he's difficult. Only thing a little bit that I have to improve a little bit was the second serve, because the speed of the second serve was for moments 85, 88, 89, 90, 92, but I had to try to serve a little bit faster the second serve. But in general, seriously, I am very happy about the match of tonight.

Q. Earlier today Roger said that the surface is quite slow and it feels like clay. What do you think?
RAFAEL NADAL: Never. :worship: Never can be like clay on hard because the movements are completely different. So that's makes impossible have a similar than clay when you are playing in hard, because in clay you cannot slice and you have more time. :yeah: For sure I am not agree on that. :bigclap: The court is not very fast, not very slow, is average court. I think is normal one like probably the rest of the normal tournaments on hard. So no, I feel that the court is like every year.

Q. Next round you play Lopez, and you had pretty much a lot of success against him. Are you going to approach the match the same way as always?
RAFAEL NADAL: For me the important thing is play my best tennis. If it's like this, I know it gonna be difficult match because he has a very good serve, good volley, and he's aggressive player, very dangerous, but playing very well I have my chances. I have to play aggressive with my forehand, try to move him, and go to the net when I have the chance. Similar than every time, but always every match is different and always a difficult one. ;)

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Metis
03-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks star! :worship:

She is on strike and moments away from mass deletions. :p

It's not like there's much to delete anyway. :rolleyes:

l_mac
03-27-2011, 11:22 PM
OMG :rolleyes: I have been tending to the sick and needy.

star
03-27-2011, 11:29 PM
OMG :rolleyes: I have been tending to the sick and needy.

Mother Theresa. :bowdown:

Castafiore
03-28-2011, 08:51 AM
:rolleyes:

That interview should have been posted in this thread yesterday. :(
Goodrep worthy post, people.

3 badrep worthy posts in this thread so far at least but I'll be an :angel:

MariaV
03-30-2011, 08:00 AM
6-1 6-2 over Dolgopolov. :D But nasty things ahead. :unsure: :scared: Don't like Berdych or Fediva matches one bit. :bigcry: And I'm not going to watch them live to avoid heart attacks. :D

Here the presser after the match vs Feli. pretty short pressers in Miami. :)

R. NADAL/F. Lopez
6-3, 6-3

Q. You think it's more difficult for you to play against good friends or does it make you more comfortable on court?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think nothing change, because when you are on court, you're on court. You compete, and is nothing new for us. This is ninth time against each other. We are very, very good friends. We had dinner yesterday together, so this is normal. :aplot: :aplot: ;) Fer must feel left out. :awww:
That's the sport. That's competition. One player have to win; other one have to lose. And accept both things, no? We were talking in the locker room. :angel:

Q. I can't imagine when you play Davydenko, for instance, and you play Feliciano, is it not different for your mind or...
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, is different because we know each other 100% better. But about being the friend, I don't know, maybe if something is -- close ball, you can say was good, you can say, I don't know...
That's the difference, I think. Nothing important. :angel:

Q. What did you like about your play today? What would you like to improve on?
RAFAEL NADAL: I like almost everything. I think I played solid match in general. I played good shots, very good passing shots. I served well for moments, much better than Indian Wells.
And seriously, no, I think I play with the right rhythm. Always is difficult play against Feli, because is not comfortable. He play slice, he play aggressive, he has a fantastic serve, he doesn't want to play long points.
Always is difficult to find the right feeling, and I did. I think I had the right feeling against a difficult player, so that's a very positive. I am happy how I am playing, serious.

Q. Are you planning to play the upcoming Davis Cup tie in Austin?
RAFAEL NADAL: Remain a lot. Remain a lot. Remain a lot of months to go there and a lot of things can happen. We will see what's going on here, in the clay season, grass season. Is difficult for me.
Too important things for me to come to think about the Davis Cup next round, no?

Q. I was wondering what do you remember at this tournament in 2004 when you beat Federer? It was a big upset at the time; you were 17. Do you remember that match and do you remember what it meant to your career at that point in time?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, at that moment was the most important victory in my career, no? I think I played fantastic match. For sure Roger didn't play his best in that moment, that day, so I was able to beat him, no?
It was a very important victory, big confidence for me at the moment. But seriously, I lost at the next round against GonzŠlez. So was a good victory, but at the same time wasn't a fantastic tournament, because I lost against GonzŠlez in the next round, serious.

Q. Can you talk about your position now, sort of as the dominant No. 1 guy? You've got people now chasing you rather than you chasing them. How do you feel in that position of being No. 1 and feeling that?
RAFAEL NADAL: You know, I don't think about the No. 1, no? I think about every day, and doesn't matter if I am No. 1 or No. 2 or No. 4. I think about go on court, practice hard every day, try my best in every moment, and when I am playing matches the same, no, try to play well, try to win.
But for sure most important thing is try to work hard every day to be better player, no? I think about the race more than the ranking. I know I'm No. 1 in the ranking right now, but in the race I am No. 6 this year. I didn't play for a month.
Last week's final was a very important result for me, and I have to play well here to keep improving the situation in the race, to be in good position when the clay season start.
So I am here to try my best, and we will see what's going on, no? I don't feel I am better than the rest because I am No. 1, no? No, I feel I played fantastic last year. For that reason I am No. 1 today.
But we will see what's going on next months, no? I know I have to defend a lot of points, but seriously, I don't feel that I have to defend the points. I feel in every tournament that I am going to play I have the chance to win points, not to lose points, no?
For me every year start from zero. Right now I am No. 6, and I would love to play well next tournaments and have the chances to be in better position. :worship: :bowdown:

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports

acionescu
03-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Such a wise boi, our boi :awww: :inlove:

MariaV
03-31-2011, 12:45 PM
Another short one from baby Rafa. Just like the match. ;)

R. NADAL/A. Dolgopolov
6-1, 6-2

Q. The weather today, did that cause you any disruptions, or just you know what you have to do in those sort of situations?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, you know, be calm and wait. That's all. Nothing else. You can't do a lot of things in days like today. Relax in the players' lounge, be with the friends. That's it.
It's nothing new. It's something that happen a lot of times in the tennis. :angel:

Q. Playing Alexandr today, did you feel that he was maybe a little bit tired having to finish off against Tsonga today?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. I don't know if he was tired or not, but you can ask him, I think. But maybe is possible, no? But I think when we play matches, five-set matches in Grand Slam is more than what he had.
So I think probably is not easy play end of the match and after start of the match. That's sure. But that's part of the game, no? It happen to me a few times, and I think in general I played at very good level, no?
Probably he had more mistakes than usual, but I don't know if because he was little bit tired or not.

Q. Did you find the conditions heavy because of the rain from earlier on?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, heavy, very humid. That's why I am sweating a lot.

Q. What about playing Tomas in the next round?
RAFAEL NADAL: Difficult match always, no? We know each other. We played a lot of times, and I know just play my best tennis I gonna have chances against him, no?
He can play very, very good, and I have to play very solid all the time with my serve and wait a chance on the return.

Q. One question about being an ambassador for Bacardi. I was just wondering, was that a difficult decision, seeing that alcohol and sponsorship for alcohol might be a little strange for some people? Or was it more you saw the good it can do with the company?
RAFAEL NADAL: Did you see the campaign?

Q. Yeah.
RAFAEL NADAL: So, I mean, I am not presenting alcohol party, you know. It's a responsible campaign, a social campaign. :worship:
Anyway, I think alcohol is inside our lives, so is nothing new, no? But the campaign is not against alcohol but about be responsible when you go out. :yeah:
So wasn't difficult decision, because I think is very important social campaign, and I believe in this campaign. So it was a very easy decision, because I think is very good thing to do for Bacardi. :worship: :bowdown:

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=70325

Yes Andreea, wise boi as always, our angel. :D

Rafa's match is 7 pm local time, at least before women. Berdych :scared: :unsure:

vn01
03-31-2011, 04:37 PM
Rafa is impressive so far. Tonight he'll play Berdych and then Federer/Simon. VAMOS!

Sonja1989
03-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Good luck Rafa!!!!!! :D

Metis
03-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Nadal-Dolgopolov 6-1 6-2

1st - Bye
2nd - Getta, MariaV
3rd - acionescu
4th - l_mac, rafa_maniac
QF - tennizen
SF - Betty, born_on_clay
F - Bjorki, Metis

acionescu: this FAIL is just for her; I know she can sympathize when hair issues are involved. :hug:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/9/ab542d6b-0988-4a79-94fa-0a3761ef2b65.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/momeees/lolz/View/4537592320)

Metis
03-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Nadal-Lopez 6-3 6-3

1st - Bye
2nd - Getta, MariaV
3rd - acionescu
4th - l_mac, rafa_maniac
QF - tennizen
SF - Betty, born_on_clay
F - Bjorki, Metis

l_mac, rafa_maniac: clearly they didn't think this through...

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/15/1075c1bc-f414-40e2-8266-f14753a88ba5.gif (http://cheezburger.com/_C_A_T_/lolz/View/4556800768)

vn01
04-01-2011, 07:01 AM
Rafa defeated Berdych in a tough 3-setter. I am worried about his shoulder. Hope he won't have serious problems with it against Federer. Will be a big match, I suppose. VAMOS RAFA!

MariaV
04-01-2011, 09:15 AM
The two-time Sony Ericsson Open finalist was troubled by a niggle in his right arm, for which he received on-court treatment, and addressed the issue in his post-match press conference. ďI did a little bit of treatment now after the match, and I'm going to do it more tonight when I arrive at the hotel,Ē Nadal said.

ďFirst time in my life [I felt something like this]Ö really strange. Especially since the left arm I could do aggressive movements, but the right was really strange. Seriously, I couldn't understand during the match what happened.Ē

WTG Rafa! :yeah: :rolleyes: So that's gonna be another retirement victory for Fed at 0-3 and booos for Rafa, deserved ones! :yeah: :rolleyes:
Poor ticket holders for the night session though, I feel sorry for them.

Metis
04-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Nadal-Berdych 6-2 3-6 6-3

1st - Bye
2nd - Getta, MariaV
3rd - acionescu
4th - l_mac, rafa_maniac
QF - tennizen
SF - Betty, born_on_clay
F - Bjorki, Metis

tennizen: hop, hop, hop, hop, FAIL!!!

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/11/779528e3-04c2-4dbf-bbd6-4ca4708ab85b.gif (http://cheezburger.com/View/4346017280)

vn01
04-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Perfect Rafa! he destroyed Federer. YES!!! VAMOOOOS! :worship:

3rd time lucky in Miami. Djokovic next

Metis
04-02-2011, 01:50 AM
Nadal-Federer 6-3 6-2

1st - Bye
2nd - Getta, MariaV
3rd - acionescu
4th - l_mac, rafa_maniac
QF - tennizen
SF - Betty, born_on_clay
F - Bjorki, Metis

Betty, born_on_clay: :o

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/28/129118789706141140.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/View/3239817216)

acionescu
04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
A very appropiate FAIL pic for Betty :p

Bjorki, Metis :armed: :fiery:

MariaV
04-02-2011, 08:42 AM
TAKE THAT HATAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :worship: :bowdown:

Betty
04-02-2011, 08:44 AM
:haha:

my purpose this year is an antijinx Mit and take 0 point:rocker2:

BjŲrki
04-02-2011, 08:49 AM

:rolleyes: :D

born_on_clay
04-02-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm so proud of my MIT fail :D
Vamos !

MariaV
04-02-2011, 02:02 PM
The presser after Berdych.
R. NADAL/T. Berdych
6-2, 3-6, 6-3

Q. How pivotal was the first game in the final set when you were down Love-40?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, was very, very important for me, because the dynamic of that moment was bad for me. Save that game with three serves was like a big comeback.
You know, when you are playing final set against a big server like Tomas, it's very important to be focus all the time with your serve. If you lose your serve, the opponent gets a lot of confidence, and it's very, very difficult to come back. So was very, very important.
I think after that game my serve worked really well in all the third set. I didn't have a chance before with the return because he was serving fantastic, I think. I was with positive attitude in the third set at the end, so when I you had the chance, I converted. So it was very important.

Q. We know you try not think about these things, but there's been so much talk about you meeting Roger here, and it's been six years since you played in the States. Was that hard to keep out of your mind? Were you able to keep it out of your mind?
RAFAEL NADAL: During the match today?

Q. Yeah.
RAFAEL NADAL: No. Today? No. For sure no. For me, every day is completely different, no? I am focused about the quarterfinals match. I don't think about semifinals before quarterfinals. I know I play against No. 6, of the world, No. 7, I don't know, it's going to be a really difficult match.
I think I started the match playing fantastic. I think I played at my highest level the first set. Very happy about how I was playing. I don't know what happened at the end of the first set. I had a little bit of bad movement with the right arm and some nerve hurts and I started to feel something here (pointing to outside of arm into neck) and Tomas started to play better.
I think always is a little bit like this. When I had few mistakes I started to play with less rhythm. When he had the chance to go inside, to attack, and he did well. I think I lost a little bit of intensity.

Q. How much concern is there about your arm for tomorrow night?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, hopefully nothing. I think is nothing important for sure, no? (Through translation.) I felt like the nerve was inflamed so he felt like it was a little bit heavy like in this area and he got dizziness.

Q. Feels okay now?
RAFAEL NADAL: So-so. You know, I did a little bit of treatment now after the match, and I going to do it more tonight when I arrive to the hotel. For sure it's nothing important. The most important thing is the right arm, so when it happen new, it's something if you don't know what's going on you lose the concentration thinking about the arm.
But happen tomorrow it's not going to be nothing new. Going to be easier to manage the situation. So I am sure that the arm is not going to affect the match.

Q. Has it happened to you before? Is it the first time?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, first time in my life. Really strange. Especially since the left arm you can do aggressive movement or something, but the right was really strange. Seriously, I couldn't understand during the match what happened.
I was thinking too much about the arm, and I lost a little bit the concentration. For that reason, maybe I stopped to play -- stopped with the legs and...

Q. But you felt fine in the third set?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, but I forget about everything. I tried to don't think about nothing. It's too important for me every match. When you are in quarterfinals of one tournament like this, playing well like I was playing, lose is painful, no?
When you are playing bad and you are in quarterfinals and the opponent is playing better than you and you lose, you go home and you accept. But when you are playing well you have to win. I thought I had to win today, because at the beginning of the match I was playing at my highest level.
Play better than the first set today just few times in my life, no? I was playing pretty good, no, so I was very happy. Because every day during the tournament, during the two weeks, I was playing better and better.

Q. Is this a surface that fits perfectly with your game here?
RAFAEL NADAL: Here?

Q. Yeah.
RAFAEL NADAL: All the surface fits perfect with my game when I am playing good. (Laughter.) When I am playing bad, all the surface adapts very bad with my game. Everybody happen the same.
It's not like five or four years ago when I needed all the time a surface that the bounce gets higher. I think my game today is much better than before. I have a lot of options to do, and I think I am more complete player.
When I am playing well I can play well in all the surfaces. In indoor I had good results, and hardcourt for sure. And even at the US Open that I never played well, last year I played really good.
But normally Indian Wells and Miami, both are good hardcourt seasons for me. The surface works good for me for my game. Bounces are high and it's not too slow, so it's average court.
Because a lot of people think I am playing better when the court is very slow, and I don't think that. I think I'm playing better when the court is a little bit faster.

Q. Was it strange early in the third set when Berdych is playing really well, better than Nadal from the baseline, and Nadal is living with his serve and just surviving with that?
RAFAEL NADAL: You know, my serve saved the match today. That's true. It's nothing usual for me the serve save me. But at the beginning of the set, that's the true, and that's a positive thing.
Probably four years ago that's never going to happen. Now is another chance. If you don't have this chance four years ago probably I would lose that match; today I didn't.
So that's always a personal satisfaction when you know your game is improved and there's for sure a lot of things to keep improving.

Q. The rivalry with Roger, which everyone has enjoyed so much, what has it meant to you in your career?
RAFAEL NADAL: You know, it's special always to play against him and have these matches, for sure very important matches for both of us in our careers: finals of Roland Garros, finals of Wimbledon, of Australian Open, a lot of finals of Masters 1000s. So important matches for our careers, no?
So that makes our careers probably more special for both of us. Seriously, I think we always had the big respect for each other. We are closer than before, like friends, because we spend a lot of time together with exhibitions, with the council of the ATP.
We have a fantastic relationship, no? This rivalry, I think everybody looks at it like rivalry. For me, it's like really special thing when we play each other. When I go on court against him I feel it's a really special match, especially because we play always really important matches.
Tomorrow is a semifinals. Very few times we played in semifinals of one tournament. Only I think in two Masters Cups in Shanghai and one time here in 2004 second round, something like this.
The rest of the matches are finals and important for big titles. That makes the rivalry very, very special. I don't know if rivals in the rest of the history of tennis played a lot of the matches, as many matches as we played.
I don't know how many matches played McEnroe/Borg or Sampras/Agassi, but we played a lot a lot times. So that makes the match really special always.

careergrandslam
04-02-2011, 10:14 PM
how many matches has nadal won in his career?

vn01
04-02-2011, 10:21 PM
how many matches has nadal won in his career?

491 :yeah:

Look at my sig :lol:

star
04-03-2011, 03:38 AM
Can't believe the OP is not posting ANYTHING! :fiery:

star
04-03-2011, 03:48 AM
April 1, 2011

R. NADAL/R. Federer

6 3, 6 2

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. Well played, Rafa. Even if he had taken that breakpoint at the start of the second set, did you still feel that you were in control of this match all the time?
RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. (Smiling.) You never know, no? Always if that happen, that's what happened and he didn't break me and I had the chance to keep playing well and to have the break at the next game, no?
If he had the break at the first game of the second set, you never know if he gets confidence, he start to play better, and you never know what's going on the rest of the match.
So that's not happen. (Rafalish is still with us :inlove: ) I was lucky with the net and inside. So in general, I think I played a very, very good match, very solid and serious. First set especially I think I played very, very good.
Second set I think he played worse. He had more mistakes than usual. He tried to play shorter points, so I think second set he didn't play well.
First set I think was very good level of tennis.

Q. Did you feel immediately well on the court from the first point?
RAFAEL NADAL: I am feeling well every day, seriously. It's not like Indian Wells last week. I wasn't play well during almost all the tournament, no? Even the final, semifinal, I improved a little bit my level, seriously.
But the feeling when you come after playing a few bad matches, it's not easy to find the right performance or the right feeling, even if you are playing better, no, because the bad feeling is too close.
So this week didn't happen that. Playing the final even without play my best in Indian Wells was very important for my confidence, and I started this week playing much better, no? Since the first round I was playing I think very, very good.
I didn't have a good draw; last week I think I had a better draw than this week. This week I had a tough draw. In general, I think I played a very good week.
Now remains one match.

Q. Do you sense that he became discouraged pretty early in the match? Did you have any feeling about that looking across the net or the vibes you were getting?
RAFAEL NADAL: Wasn't easy for him tonight because he had the break in both sets very early, so that's tough. Because I was playing very good from the baseline, without mistakes with my forehand, playing aggressive, so wasn't an easy situation when you are back all the time in the score.
So, yeah, in the second set I felt he started to he wanted to play more aggressive, play shorter points, and probably he didn't have the perfect feeling to do this tonight.
Sometimes it works really good because he has fantastic forehand, fantastic volley, and his movements when plays inside the court a lot of times are unstoppable. Tonight he had few mistakes. I played long, so wasn't easy for him to go inside.
In general, that's always happen, no, when one play very good and the other one don't play perfect. It's always same. Sometimes, you know, when both players play at higher level, always matches are very emotional and very nice, no?
But that's happen very few times, because both players must feel perfect to play both at very highest level, no? Because if one is playing really well, the other one, it's tough to play at highest level. The same happen again.

Q. Talk about Novak.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, he's winning very easy all the matches. He don't to lose a match this year, so we'll see is what's going on. He's playing fantastic. I just can congratulate him about what he did the first three months of the season. It's fantastic.
We'll see what's going on, no? I felt I had a chance last week in Indian Wells. I lost a little bit the focus and the rhythm on the second set, the intensity of the legs and of the shots, so I started to play a little bit more defensive. Against one player like Novak, is impossible win the match play like this, no? (yes! :( )
So on Sunday have to play very well all the match if I want to have any chance. I have to play aggressive and I have to play all the points, and that's what I going to try.

Q. Do you like this court better, the speed?
RAFAEL NADAL: Than Indian Wells? No. I like play better. Always is the same, no? I love every surface when I am playing well; when I am playing bad, I don't like no one surface. :lol: :lol:
Indian Wells is a fantastic surface for me. I played six semifinals in a row, I think, and two champions, one final. Here I never won, so I can't say it's better surface here than Indian Wells. For me both are good. We'll see.

Q. We saw a couple years ago at Wimbledon you had the bandages on the knees. You look healthy now and very fast on the court. What's the key for your fitness as far as getting rid of the knee problems?
RAFAEL NADAL: Is no one key and no secrets. Always is the same: work hard. Sometimes you are lucky and sometimes you are not lucky. I wasn't lucky in the beginning of the season. I am healthy now, but I had a problem in Australia and I had a virus in Doha, Qatar earlier in the season.
That's part of sport. Sometimes you are feeling good and sometimes you are not feeling that good. You have to accept both things, because that's part of the game.
Right now the important thing I came back after not easy start of the season, because I felt before Australia I was feeling perfect, playing very, very well.
For different things, I didn't have the results that I thought I going to have the chance to do, no? So wasn't easy for me to accept I didn't play the last rounds of the first tournaments of the season, because I felt I was ready to do it.
But I came back, and this is the second final in a row, so that's fantastic comeback. I'm very happy right now. We'll see what's going on in this final. I'm very happy about everything.

Q. Can you remember anything of your 2004 match against Roger here? You beat him 6 3, 6 3; you were 18. Can you remember anything about that?
RAFAEL NADAL: I was 17. (you tell 'em Rafa. :yeah: )

Q. 17, okay.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. Sure I can remember, no? Was my best level since that movement. He didn't play well. I don't know, he had something, virus or something I heard.
But for me was unbelievable, that match. Very emotional. Finally, I won, so... I never going to forget that match.
At that point was nothing, but if you see after seven or eight years how many important matches we played against each other, was a fantastic start.

Q. Yesterday you had a shoulder issue. Is that resolved, because you served really well tonight?
RAFAEL NADAL: The serve?

Q. You had a shoulder problem against Berdych.
RAFAEL NADAL: It was the right. Doesn't affect on the serve.

Q. Just in general is it okay?
RAFAEL NADAL: In general it's not perfect, but doesn't affect to my game. I feel some nerve, but that's not going to affect to my game. Affected it a little bit yesterday because it's something new and I didn't know the situation at that point in the match.
I say yesterday in the press I know what happened, and if it going to happen tomorrow, don't going to affect about my concentration, about nothing.
I am lucky it's the right arm, so...

acionescu
04-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Can't believe the OP is not posting ANYTHING! :fiery:

Yeah, terrible thread starter, I bet she did it for vcash :rolleyes:

BjŲrki
04-03-2011, 06:42 PM
so we will have 5 winners later? :D

I never was right so far :sad: :awww:

acionescu
04-03-2011, 07:11 PM
And i hope you'll not be this time either :(

BjŲrki
04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
I jinxed him :tape:

I like both players :D :hearts:

Metis
04-03-2011, 08:11 PM

That's why I chose it. :D

:shrug:

my purpose this year is an antijinx Mit and take 0 point:rocker2:

So you're committing to never picking W again? :eek:

so we will have 5 winners later? :D

There's still hope :)

I never was right so far :sad: :awww:

It's still too early in the year. I had zero wins in the first year. 100% FAIL. :sad:

Metis
04-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Nadal-Djokovic 6-4 3-6 6-7 :(

1st - Bye
2nd - Getta, MariaV
3rd - acionescu
4th - l_mac, rafa_maniac
QF - tennizen
SF - Betty, born_on_clay
F - Bjorki, Metis

Minn, Naina, scoobs, vn01, Xristos:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/30/567fea53-6dcc-46cd-a75c-0e126391a826.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/axelitis13/lolz/View/4409626112)

Bjorki, Metis: good job :rocker2:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/28/4ec31e13-440f-44cd-8a3c-2e8c2268244d.jpg (http://cheezburger.com/View/4599553280)

BjŲrki
04-03-2011, 09:37 PM
a win :D

Rafa :awww:

vn01
04-03-2011, 10:57 PM
I am very disappointed. It was an important tournament for me as a fan of Rafa. 3 lost finals in Miami is too much for me :sad:

It was probably his last chance there. He could have won, but didn't.
Rafa MUST win almost all his matches on clay, because Nole can become number 1 soon. He'll be Nadal's biggest opponent from now till the end of the season...and after that :D

A lot of words come to my mind, but I am confused and this loss... I have to sleep for 9-10 hours before I think again about Rafa's situation.

born_on_clay
04-04-2011, 07:06 AM
This was too close :(
Rafa was to tired in the end
He said himself "his body was empty after the match"
What's going on ?
Has he lost some of his fitness ?

MariaV
04-04-2011, 08:20 AM
WTF?!?!?!?!! I mean WTF was that crap with the 6 double faults and all?!?!?! :rolleyes:
yeah he looked exhausted but his fitness has always been excellent, are all these Armani and Bacardi and whatnot advertisement campaigns getting to his head and body or what? :o :tape: :rolleyes: That hurt, really hurt and will hurt a while. I wonder how he'll recover for the clay court season. At least I have nom expectations whatsoever. I still need some more time too to get over it. ;)

P.S. And BjŲrki, nice jinxing! :( :mad:

Foxy
04-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Very bad sign for the clay season. How can you get tired after 3:15h having a day of rest beforehand. What about best of 5 set matches in Slams then? He'd better have some excuse for that. Illness or something? I was amazed how bad was his return on Djokovic's 2nd serves. He either hit it out or in the net or did a short return.

That said Djokovic surely won't continue his form into clay with all the matches played so far. He is surely mentally and physically worn out.

born_on_clay
04-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Very bad sign for the clay season. How can you get tired after 3:15h having a day of rest beforehand. What about best of 5 set matches in Slams then? He'd better have some excuse for that. Illness or something? I was amazed how bad was his return on Djokovic's 2nd serves. He either hit it out or in the net or did a short return.

That said Djokovic surely won't continue his form into clay with all the matches played so far. He is surely mentally and physically worn out.

He'd better be :rolleyes:
Rafa has to take all clay court titles once more to have chances for year end no.1

I have never heard Rafa saying his tank was empty after match (he said a couple of times he was tired but not exhausted :sad: )

ps. stats in Hall of Fame updated :wavey:

MariaV
04-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I have never heard Rafa say that either, obviously, b_o_c.

Maybe the virus he had in Doha still affected his fitness, even if it was not mono. :shrug:
And about Djokovic' form, we can only hope. And we can only hope that Rafa will stay injury-free and regain his fitness by RG time. :o And is Rafa getting mentally "worn-out" as you say? Let's hope not. :tape:

Foxy
04-04-2011, 11:58 AM
Can you please post the interview where he says he was exhausted?

MariaV
04-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Can you please post the interview where he says he was exhausted?

The full transcript is not out yet. I'll post it asap. ;)
But that's what's out on the atp site.

The match took its toll on both playerís Ė even the World No. 1 came off the court fatigued, a rare occasion for one of the fittest players in the history of the game. ďI was very tired at the end. Think I played a little bit better the beginning of last week's final,Ē evaluated the Spaniard.

ď I was there fighting until the last pointÖ [B]nothing left in my body right now, so that's the sport. I love these kinds of matches.Ē

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2011/3/13/Miami-Final-Djokovic-Denies-Nadal-Again.aspx

Plus it was also visible in the TB, when he was bending over all the time, first i thought it might be the knees, maybe they also hurt a bit, who knows. It's not like he's talking about it.

l_mac
04-05-2011, 01:07 AM
I jinxed him :tape:

I like both players :D :hearts:

GET OUT :mad: :fiery:

OMG Rafa how could you? How many finals is that he's lost in a row now? 4?

He's finished :bigcry:

MariaV
04-05-2011, 08:01 AM
GET OUT :mad: :fiery:

OMG Rafa how could you? How many finals is that he's lost in a row now? 4?

He's finished :bigcry:

Of course he's finished Linda. :shrug: We have to cope with it. :awww: :hug:

Here the final presser.
N. DJOKOVIC/R. Nadal

4‑6, 6‑3, 7‑6

An interview with:

RAFAEL NADAL

Q. Tough day for you. What do you think the turning point was in the match today?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, he's playing with confidence, that's for sure, no? Probably his best moment of his career. I think I didn't play as well as I did during a lot of moments of this tournament today.
I was a little bit more tired than usual during the match, that's true. But in general, that's everything what I said is part of the game. So the sport is this. Sometimes you win; sometimes you lose.
Last two times myself, I had to lose. I had chances in both places. I think here was really close with the 6‑5, 15‑30. But, you know, when you play against one player like Nole, first thing, he's very good; second thing, he's playing with big confidence.
When you're winning, it's easier to keep winning ‑‑ or less difficult, no? So all these facts.
I probably didn't serve as well as I did during all the tournament. Well, I didn't serve as bad as I served in Indian Wells, but the thing is, my serve didn't help me today to start the points with a little bit of advantage.
I was there fighting until the last point. You know, nothing left in my body right now, so that's the sport. I love these kind of matches. For sure I love to win, not lose. (Smiling.) :rolleyes: :o
But from everything you learn, I had a fantastic American hardcourt season, two finals, and ready for clay.

Q. A that what a impressing you most about Novak, a his mental strength? He might not have had it a few years ago but it's there now.
RAFAEL NADAL: He always was there. He's focused and confident and playing well. I wasn't that far, so that's true, no?
Well, what he's doing a unbelievable, winning four tournaments in a row, difficult ones, one Grand Slam, two Masters 1000, Dubai. So it's great. He's a great champion, and all the best for the rest of the season for him.
We'll see what's going on right now.

Q. Looked near the end that he might be getting tired and he was looking at his box. Looked like he was ready to maybe go down a little bit, but he seemed to play very strong at the end. Were you surprised with that?
RAFAEL NADAL: No. He has a perfect performance physically, because when you play and you win one Grand Slam, one Masters 1000 last week, so he's in the perfect performance right now, no?
I think he's healthy. He can run to every ball. Seems like he's less tired than. Before when he runs a lot, he can play long points and still running. So he's good.
In general, the easiest thing to say a he's very good tennis player.

Q. You seemed to have a lot of double faults today.
RAFAEL NADAL: How many?

Q. Six or seven. Six.
RAFAEL NADAL: Too much, yeah. If it's one, it's too much. :mad:

Q. What do you think a the reason that you weren't serving as well?
RAFAEL NADAL: I always say the same: If I know the reason, I never going to do it. That's part of the game. Maybe because I was a little bit more nervous than other days, second final, maybe because I never won here and this is the third chance.
I played against a player who's playing well, and I lost last week. All of these facts maybe can affect a little bit to be a little bit more nervous, and the serve is a little bit part of that.
In general, I think I didn't play as well as I did two days ago. I didn't play bad, that's true. I was close on probably his favorite surface and against the best Novak Djokovic.

Q. Which was the harder match, last week or this?
RAFAEL NADAL: Physically this, for sure. I was very tired at the end. I think I played a little bit better the beginning of last week's final. But wasn't real for me because I didn't play well during all the tournament, so I wasn't ready to play all the match that level.
This week I was ready to play at my highest level because I played a very, very good tournament, playing better every day.

Q. How far are you...
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think was more difficult the match of today because I was closer to win. But was a little bit more difficult to accept maybe, because I was ready to win last week. I was there. Wasn't very far, but probably mentally or physically I wasn't enough ready well to beat Novak.
This time I was ready to win. I didn't play perfect, so I lost.

Q. How far are you from where you want to be? I know you had a month that you couldn't practice or anything.
RAFAEL NADAL: I am not that far. I am very close, no? I had a very good season, American season, probably the best one of my life here, in Indian Wells and Miami, having two finals. It's true I won a few times in Indian Wells, but after I lost in quarterfinals in Miami.
So both times I lost in quarterfinals, I think. One time against Novak and one time against Del Potro. This time I was very solid. Indian Wells I was very far from where I want to be. And where I want to be, you never know where is the top.
I am happy. Important thing is be happy how you are playing, be comfortable when you go on court. That's what I feel right now. Every day when I go on court, I think I played solid, aggressive with the forehand. Today remain few aspects to win this kind of match against Novak. That's work to improve that for Monte‑Carlo. :cuckoo:

Q. Do you feel like he's breathing down your neck to be No. 1?
RAFAEL NADAL: No.

Q. Did you feel like in the clay court season you can separate like you have in the past?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think he's going to be No. 1. I don't feel he's breathing on my neck. I don't know what's the expression in English. The thing is, that's part of sport. We will see at the end of the season who's No. 1, who's No. 2, and who's No. 20.
That's tennis. For me, be No. 1 is a goal, but not. That's always difficult to say, because you are No. 1 or you are not No. 1. It's difficult for me to say my goal is be No. 1. My goal is be competitive in every tournament. If I do that, I going to have my chance to be No. 1.
He won two tournaments in a row right now, very big tournaments and one Grand Slam. Normal thing is he will be No. 1 in the next month, month and a half, two months. I don't know. Depends on my results on clay.
For sure he will be there, no? I going to fight for me. If I am solid, if I play a very good clay court season, we will see what's going on after.

Q. At the end of the first set, at 5‑2 when you came up to serve for the set, you went for the ice scarf. You used it, and at the end you were bending over. Were you feeling as if were going to pass out? Have you had any type of treatment since the end of the match?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, was very hot outside. Can you see? You was there? (Laughter.)

Q. I was in the shade.
RAFAEL NADAL: You were in the shade, yeah, so you wasn't there. So that's what happened. Was very, very hot outside there today. I sweat crazy, like ten T‑shirts today. So I was very tired at the end. Seriously, very tired.
One of those kind of matches, it's better to finish as soon as possible, because I was very, very tired at the end. But I was there fighting until the last point, because I felt if I am tired, the other one must be tired, too. The hot and the sun is for both of us. :awww: :lol:

Q. This time last year when you were sitting there having not won this tournament, you then won Monte‑Carlo, Madrid, Rome, Paris, Wimbledon. So you must take some comfort in that. Your favorite surface is about to happen.
RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah, that's one time in life win every tournament on clay. Nobody does in the history, only myself last year. So it's difficult to imagine two years in a row can repeat that.
For me, seriously happy about how I'm playing, happy about my level of this tournament. Normally when I play well on clay I have a little bit more advantage, so let's see what's going on week in Monte‑Carlo.
I'm going to prepare. I'm going to start to practice on clay. You know, always the adaptation after almost ten months without play on clay is hard the first days, so we will see.
Hopefully I going to be playing well this tournament. This is important confidence for me. That's all, no? Let's try my best in Monte‑Carlo. First tournament of clay is always important.
But it's not going to be perfect. Remain a lot. I don't going to win ten times in a row Monte‑Carlo. That's sure. No, I won six in a row. I going to try my best for the seventh, but know how difficult is every tournament.

Q. That was part of my question, too. You've been to the finals here a few times. How tough it was to lose this match today?
RAFAEL NADAL: Well, wasn't very lucky weekend for me, no? I think I was very close in 2005; I was very close today. I'll try next year. That's what I can say. I didn't feel sad. No, I feel okay.
I think I try my best and it's not big disappointment, no? Some tournaments I arrive one time and you win. This tournament, three times, three loses.
So if we see my record on finals, normally I have a very positive record winning finals. This tournament breaks a lot this positive record for me, no? So let's try next years. I don't know. I love this tournament. I love to play. So when you play three finals, you can win. We'll see.

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/2011-Rafael-Nadal-April-3.aspx

Blah blah blah. At least he is happy. But whatever. Of course he is not gonna win everything like last year, we have to be prepared for that.

Foxy
04-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Of course he's finished Linda. :shrug: We have to cope with it. :awww: :hug:

Here the final presser.

http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/News/Tennis/2011/Interview-Transcripts/Interview-Transcripts/Extra-Column/2011-Rafael-Nadal-April-3.aspx

Blah blah blah. At least he is happy. But whatever. Of course he is not gonna win everything like last year, we have to be prepared for that.

Thanks for the interview. Surely the good thing is Novak will be on the other side of the draw probably until Wimbledon so we don't have to worry about him. Poor Rog. ;)

Start da Game
04-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Good Luck in all your exhos Rafa :worship:

Miami Draw

[1] Rafael Nadal vs Bye
Jeremy Chardy vs Kei Nishikori
Feli Lopez vs Richard Bearnkis
Bye vs [26] Juan Ignacio Chela

[21] Alexandr Dolgopolov vs Bye
Andreas Seppi vs Mischa Zverev
Teymuraz Gabashvili vs Daniel Brands
Bye vs [15] Jo-Wilfred Tsonga

[17] Nicolas Almagro vs Bye
Federico Gil vs Qualifier
Florian Mayer vs [WC] Ivo Karlovic
Bye vs [20] Albert Montanes

[28] Ernests Gulbis vs Bye
Carlos Berlocq vs [WC] Jack Sock
Adrian Mannarino vs Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo
Bye vs [7] Tomas Berdych

[3] Roger Federer vs Bye
Fabio Fognini vs Radek Stepanek
Sergiy Stakhovsky vs Qualifier
Bye vs [32] Juan Monaco

[22] Marco Baghdatis vs Bye
Blaz Kavcic vs Qualifier
Pere Riba vs Yen-Hsun Lu
Bye vs [13] Mikhail Youzhny

[10] Jurgen Melzer vs Bye
Phillip Petzschner vs Florent Serra
Janko Tipsarevic vs Robin Haase
Bye vs [18] Marin Cilic

[25] Gilles Simon vs Bye
[WC] Ryan Harrison vs Qualifier
Pablo Cuevas vs Michael Berrer
Bye vs [8] Andy Roddick

[6] David Ferrer vs Bye
Qualifier vs Qualifier
Somdev Devvarman vs Potito Starace
Bye vs [31] Milos Raonic

[23] Michael Llodra vs Bye
Xavier Malisse vs Qualifier
Benjamin Becker vs Marcel Granollers
Bye vs [12] Stanislas Wawrinka

[14] Mardy Fish vs Bye
Julien Benneteau vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver
Ivan Ljubicic vs Qualifier
Bye vs [17] Richard Gasquet

[29] Phillip Kohlschreiber vs Bye
Juan Martin Del Potro vs Ricardo Mello
Ivan Dodig vs Andrey Golubev
Bye vs [4] Robin Soderling

[5] Andy Murray vs Bye
Victor Hanescu vs Qualifier
Santiago Giraldo vs Igor Andreev
Bye vs [30] John Isner

[24]Guillermo Garcia-Lopez vs Bye
Nikolay Davydenko vs Kevin Anderson
[WC] Bernard Tomic vs Pablo Andujar
Bye vs [9] Fernando Verdasco

[16] Viktor Troicki vs Bye
Tobias Kamke vs Qualifier
Jarkko Nieminen vs Mikhail Kukushkin
Bye vs [19] Sam Querrey

[27] Thomaz Bellucci vs Bye
Qualifier vs [WC] James Blake
Qualifier vs Denis Istomin
Bye vs [2] Novak Djokovic

nobody bloody cares whether you are impressed or not.......change the retarded title.......

who the mad hell are you to call nadal a bitch? respect!

born_on_clay
04-05-2011, 08:07 PM
nobody bloody cares whether you are impressed or not.......change the retarded title.......

who the mad hell are you to call nadal a bitch? respect!

seconded
current thread's title is just an :o

Carlita
04-05-2011, 08:15 PM

who the mad hell are you to call nadal a bitch? respect!hello....:o there are other ways to ask for a change of title... see? this is why people here don't get along.... try to be nice please.

I changed it Linda.... you can change it to something more fun if you wish...but maybe it is a good thing to keep the tournament threads open to anyone...so not adding one name of a poster in it.... that way everyone will feel welcome to discuss whatever Rafa's doing. ;) These threads are afterall for every Rafa fan.

why not have one thread for tournaments, change the name according to where he is and fill until 5000 posts, then start the next one. This forum seriously has so much dead threads it's not funny anymore:lol: I might start merging a lot of them when I can find the time...

acionescu
04-05-2011, 10:58 PM
This is getting ridiculous, really :o

If you want to suck all the fun out of it, be my guests, sad little people :wavey:

Rafa will probably lose a lot soon and we'll see who'll stay around.

Start da Game
04-06-2011, 07:28 AM
This is getting ridiculous, really :o

If you want to suck all the fun out of it, be my guests, sad little people :wavey:

Rafa will probably lose a lot soon and we'll see who'll stay around.

your(maybe mine too) contribution to the nadal forum is not even 1% of someone like born_on_clay's or nadal_power's has been to this fan forum.......so i guess we are not in a position to call someone like boc stupid names.......

rafa will probably lose a lot soon? what spirit, i am thrilled.......

born_on_clay
04-06-2011, 07:50 PM
your(maybe mine too) contribution to the nadal forum is not even 1% of someone like born_on_clay's or nadal_power's has been to this fan forum.......so i guess we are not in a position to call someone like boc stupid names.......

thank you :)
you're a great fan

ant rafa won't lose early, he'll win 2/3 Masters + RG at least :)

vn01
04-06-2011, 09:00 PM

This :)

star
04-07-2011, 12:11 AM
hello....:o there are other ways to ask for a change of title... see? this is why people here don't get along.... try to be nice please.

I changed it Linda.... you can change it to something more fun if you wish...but maybe it is a good thing to keep the tournament threads open to anyone...so not adding one name of a poster in it.... that way everyone will feel welcome to discuss whatever Rafa's doing. ;) These threads are afterall for every Rafa fan.

why not have one thread for tournaments, change the name according to where he is and fill until 5000 posts, then start the next one. This forum seriously has so much dead threads it's not funny anymore:lol: I might start merging a lot of them when I can find the time...

We dont like to do it that way. The thread starter is supposed to entertain us, and each one has his/her own flair and luck/unluck. It's been a lot of fun that way.

star
04-07-2011, 12:18 AM
Also, just a small lesson in English -- there's a big difference between calling someone a bitch and calling someone somebody else's bitch. A big difference. So when trying for peace love and understanding which I am sure was the aim, it's probably good not to twist words or intentions.

born_on_clay
04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
We dont like to do it that way. The thread starter is supposed to entertain us, and each one has his/her own flair and luck/unluck. It's been a lot of fun that way.

to entertain us by posting interviwes, fotos, news, order of plays etc.
no by stupid thread's names
but whatever, personally I think callig Rafa Nole's bitch was inaproprieate. (H2H for example)

star
04-07-2011, 01:57 PM
to entertain us by posting interviwes, fotos, news, order of plays etc.
no by stupid thread's names
but whatever, personally I think callig Rafa Nole's bitch was inaproprieate. (H2H for example)

hyperbole.

Personally I think that being overly serious and didactic is inappropriate. But these surely are areas where one might disagree. Not all of Rafa's fans are going to agree, but I think that anyone who has been on this board for 6 years realizes that Linda is one of Nadal's staunchest fans.

We seem to be getting into an animal farm area where we are demanding that people express themselves in one way only.

acionescu
04-07-2011, 02:54 PM
Of course, the same words that are so unappropiate and disrespectful to rafa are highly fitting and extremely entertaining when it's about his H2H with Federer or Soderling, for example :yeah:

Vamos, double standard :rocker2: