How does Federer bounce back from his recent loss? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How does Federer bounce back from his recent loss?

Satasonic
03-20-2011, 07:33 AM
Ok, the problem seems to be with Djokovic in particular, since Fed is winning his matches pretty comfortably until he faces Djokovic. What tactics does he have to implement? Maybe a change in mentality? What can he do to TRY to regain the world #1 ranking?

btw, please dont bash anyone in this thread, and dont be a rafatard or a fedtard.

MIMIC
03-20-2011, 07:45 AM
Junkball relentlessly until Djoker makes an error.

Satasonic
03-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Moonballing is for the moonballers. Fed cant (and wont) change his style radically just to beat a single player. He is still capable of beating every single person in the top 100 except Djokovic lately.

finishingmove
03-20-2011, 08:58 AM
do we need a thread like this for every loss federer suffers from now on ?

Hewitt =Legend
03-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Hit the practice courts and try again. He'll get another chance but the matter is simple: Nole is the better player right now and Federer isn't what he used to be.

And yes, we don't need a thread every time Fed loses a match... do we do it about any other player..?

Satasonic
03-20-2011, 09:07 AM

This is MTF and every thread is filled with haters, so how about we make this thread hater free and actually critisize whether we like Fed or not?

:wavey:

MARTINBALDRIDGE
03-20-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm not sure he can regain the No.1 spot. He was actually pretty close to at least making more of a match in that 3rd set vs Djockovic yesterday.

After wining a set there's often a lull at the start of the next - sadly Fed failed to hold at the start of the 3rd. He then had 15/40 a couple of games later which he again failed to take advantage of. The rest of the match was poor and by the end he seemed not to know what to do at all.

Still though better than the last 2 times they met.

IMO he won't reach No.1 again though I hope he proves me wrong. Nadal, Djockovic, Del Potro are all going to do their best to make sure that he doesnt.

MB

Blackbriar
03-20-2011, 10:17 AM

If you take out all the threads related to Federer, Djokovic and Mowgli, there wouldn't be anything left to read on MTF.

FlameOn
03-20-2011, 10:22 AM
I think his days with #1 rank are well and truly over but I have no doubt he'll score at least one more win over Nole before he retires. :lol:

finishingmove
03-20-2011, 10:23 AM
This is MTF and every thread is filled with haters, so how about we make this thread hater free and actually critisize whether we like Fed or not?

:wavey:

i thought the fed forum was hater free.

and from what i've heard, it's in dire need of fans. they can go post there

james82
03-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Ok, the problem seems to be with Djokovic in particular, since Fed is winning his matches pretty comfortably until he faces Djokovic. What tactics does he have to implement? Maybe a change in mentality? What can he do to TRY to regain the world #1 ranking?

btw, please dont bash anyone in this thread, and dont be a rafatard or a fedtard.

dude fed and nadal fans are just as bad as each other,im sure if the fans had there way they would kick anyone of the tour that could beat them

River
03-20-2011, 11:16 AM
He does what every other player has been doing.

He sucks it up and keeps playing.

I can't believe that Roger needs 'guidance' from anyone just because he lost to an undefeated Serbian. It's getting out of hand here.

tyruk14
03-20-2011, 11:47 AM
Federer is old now. He needs to face up to his own mortality (dramatic, I know, but Athlete Years fly by quicker than dog years, especially today). To beat these guys he's going to have to do what Agassi did before him; hit the gym, bulk up, run up sand dunes, eat rubber and chew on concrete, etcetera, until he feels capable of rallying with these young guns until they make an error. Because, he can no longer hit winners at will.

We've all witnessed the shanks, the impatience, and they're coming dirty and fast now because Federer's age has caught up to him. Read: His timing has gone, and he's half a step slow. If he implements such a plan I can realistically see him winning another two slams. If not, he might catch the odd single Wimbledon before he hangs up his laces, but the glory days are over.

Junk balls work for Nadal. It's time for Federer to stop shanking and trying to paint the lines, and join the Winning Ugly club.

Lavorama
03-20-2011, 11:49 AM
I'm sure a 16 gs winner is clueless about what to do to stop winning against every player on the tour except one. He should really sign up to this forum and take some advice from our deep and scientific posting. I even played a game of tennis a couple of weeks ago, so I'm full of wisdom I could share with him.

Federer simply generates to many expectations. He spent too long denying that fact of life that everybody loses sooner or later simply by keeping on winning when it mattered. He could lose every single match from now until he retires and he will still be, at the very least, ono of the greatest tennis players ever. I feel sorry that I'll stop watching him play and/or win. I don't feel sorry for him.

Satasonic
03-20-2011, 11:56 AM
You guys are most certainly right- Federer is older than most players. But you forgot one fact- He is healthy, and fit after all. Its the strategy that he implements/fails to implement is what bothering his success. Where did the Federer of the WTF go? In the last 2 months of last year Federer was spraying winners all over the court, defeating everyone (except Monfils, who frankly surprised me :eek: ). He may need a new coach, or may be even go a step further and hire another one. The talent is there, the execution is leaving...

Certinfy
03-20-2011, 01:17 PM
I honestly think that on a hard court if Djokovic is playing well, Federer won't be able to beat him, I mean yesterday was a good example of that in the 2nd set, Federer upped his game but still needed Djokovic to play a poor set to take it.

ufiors
03-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Fed can return no. 1... i'm sure

harleyquin
03-20-2011, 01:29 PM
He won't.

star
03-20-2011, 02:50 PM

If you only want people to post that are respectful to Federer, perhaps you should post this in the Federer forum.

rocketassist
03-20-2011, 02:52 PM
If you only want people to post that are respectful to Federer, perhaps you should post this in the Federer forum.

Forgetting the amount of Nadal-related crap that gets put in here. :lol:

alfonsojose
03-20-2011, 03:00 PM
One or two slams and the olympic gold with Wawa are the real targets now. No. 1 ? No. He has 16 slams, for God's sake. Nothing is forever. Right now he's better than Nadal, Nole or anyone else. Time will tell. Enjoy him while he stills play. Period.

oranges
03-20-2011, 03:05 PM

There's really not much more to say :lol: :yeah:

samanosuke
03-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Junkball relentlessly until Djoker makes an error.

this

MADOXXX
03-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Federer has been good every other match he's been playing, it's just Djokovic right now, the only player to beat him now for months. Granted it's hard courts, the hard court season is almost over so as the 2nd and 3rd players the rankings I expect them to meet at the semis of the upcoming clay events and Wimbledon, so I would give to edge to Federer on both surfaces so I am optimistic Fed will start being the dominate person once more in the H2H.

star
03-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Forgetting the amount of Nadal-related crap that gets put in here. :lol:

Forgetting the number of times those Nadal oriented threads have been removed and dumped in the Nadal forum.

:lol:

Nadull_tard
03-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Federer is playing good tennis right now, I remind Djokovic is the only Fed's conqueror this year, yet THE UNBEATEN PLAYER.
Roger has a very secure World No. 3 position at present, how can you expect he can defeat peak Djokovic at this stage of his career?
It would be totally ridiculous. For instance, let's say he has won all encounters against Nole this year, what does it say to us? MUG ERA at it's best.

I agree that Federer is nowhere near NinjaFed form, but I'm absolutely convinced he can still prepare a GodLike form for a single tournament, and hopefully this will happen at one of the fastest slams( Wimbledon/ US Open).

paseo
03-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Fed will win Wimbledon, USO, 1 or 2 Masters, and a few MMs this year. I'm serious. So, feel free to bet your house on it.

swebright
03-20-2011, 05:45 PM
Affirmation of his retirement after 2012 Olympics. He will switch to doulbes.

Raferminator
03-20-2011, 06:03 PM
Career Retirement is in the best interests for Muger and also the Sport of Tennis. There is no "bouncing back" option available for Frauderer just like there is no "bouncing back" option for Vince Carter in the NBA.

Nole is now not only a better player than Muger, he also KNOWS it to be true. Without having the assumed mental "legend" edge over quality opponnents, and Frauderer's dissipating skills being exposed, the termination of his career is the only logical option. I don't like Muger Frauderer that much, but even so I can't help but feel sorry for him as Nole and Rafa continue to beat him into submission.

Muger had a look on his face yesterday similar to one that Vince Carter has had playing in the NBA the past year; a look that says it all: "I'm not good anymore. The dude I'm playing against is quicker, stronger physically and mentally, smarter than me and has more talent. I suck, but I'm too habitually vain and arrogant to admit it. My pushing game is being exposed by Nole like a House of Cards in a hurricane. I'm finished, but I will need to be shocked time and time again to ever allow my subconscious to alert my massive ego to the inevitable truth."

Nadull_tard
03-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Career Retirement is in the best interests for Muger and also the Sport of Tennis. There is no "bouncing back" option available for Frauderer just like there is no "bouncing back" option for Vince Carter in the NBA.

Nole is now not only a better player than Muger, he also KNOWS it to be true. Without having the assumed mental "legend" edge over quality opponnents, and Frauderer's dissipating skills being exposed, the termination of his career is the only logical option. I don't like Muger Frauderer that much, but even so I can't help but feel sorry for him as Nole and Rafa continue to beat him into submission.

Muger had a look on his face yesterday similar to one that Vince Carter has had playing in the NBA the past year; a look that says it all: "I'm not good anymore. The dude I'm playing against is quicker, stronger physically and mentally, smarter than me and has more talent. I suck, but I'm too habitually vain and arrogant to admit it. My pushing game is being exposed by Nole like a House of Cards in a hurricane. I'm finished, but I will need to be shocked time and time again to ever allow my subconscious to alert my massive ego to the inevitable truth."

Ok, and now just turn off your PC and go play with your toys.

Jaz
03-21-2011, 12:05 AM
He can do it, but he needs to get this mental "Drive" back.

He needs to stop fucking up his service games.
He needs to stop going to sleep after breaking.

If he does those two above, he should be a decent contender.

Topspindoctor
03-21-2011, 02:48 AM
He must become an all serve mug like he did in Wimbledon '09. When Serverer shows up, nobody stands a chance - even GOAT like Roddick :worship:

GreenCheese
03-21-2011, 03:37 AM
He can do it, but he needs to get this mental "Drive" back.

He needs to stop fucking up his service games.
He needs to stop going to sleep after breaking.

If he does those two above, he should be a decent contender.

This.

03-21-2011, 05:41 AM
Just keep hanging around making grand slam quarters and semis for the next 4 years is all he needs to do, the odd draw will open up for him here or there, the odd Murray in a final, and he will gobble up an extra few slams and call it a day.

nsidhan
03-21-2011, 06:08 AM
Serve better.

Better mental fortitude.

analysist
03-21-2011, 08:59 AM
Hire Todd Martin

ssin
03-21-2011, 10:33 AM

I can't believe that Roger needs 'guidance' from anyone just because he lost to an undefeated Serbian. It's getting out of hand here.

best post on this thread by far :worship:
Now this can be moved to Fed forum

calvinhobbes
03-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Fed is still a first rank player. His only difference with the 2009 Fed is his serve, maybe as a result of back injury. He´s trying to serve at a lower speed with a better placement,(under Annacone´s advice, I suspect), but this is not enough against the best returners -Djoko, Nadal, Murray, specially on slow bouncing surfaces like AO or IW.His best chance is to reinvent his ace-ing skills until reaching WIM 09 levels. Age has almost nothing to do with serving, as Ivo and Sampras have shown.
On the other hand, I consider Djoko´s and Delpo´s improvement as a positive factor in favor of Roger´s getting back to No. 1. The field will look fairly even and the differences could be smaller. Maybe this is a better scenario than the lonely heroic boar´s hunt started by our friend after Wimby 2010.. . . . .:devil::devil: