IW SF: Nadal def Del Potro 6-4 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW SF: Nadal def Del Potro 6-4 6-4

LocoPorElTenis
03-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Very good match, don't listen to the haters.
Congrats on a great tournament, Delpo.

tealeaves
03-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Taking 8 games from no.1.
I take that.

shiaben
My prediction came true, must be a very good day :)

viruzzz
Nadal played the best match of this week.
Great week, Pony, GL in Meame.

BTW Tennis lost.

rubbERR
03-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Blue clay, not hard court in daytime.

ImmzB
Vamos Rafa!! :yeah: :woohoo:

LaFuria
Blue clay, not hard court in daytime.

+1

locyka19
Obviously you started the thread before the end of the match pfff. Delpo should won this match, Nadal is the symbol of winning ugly and sweaty.

Blackbriar
no way this guy will be top 10 again, he is nowhere near Karlovic level, let alone Gasquet's. No match for top guys, go away mug.

Commander Data
Pony needs a couple more months, until US Open he will be ready to roast Piggy again.

Corey Feldman
:zzz: this Crap tournament, its clay season already

Nadal able to get to balls in row Z and hit passers

henke007
03-19-2011, 08:12 PM
R.I.P Tennis

Pirao666
Nadal played pretty well in the end, he needed a tough opponent like this to step up his level, now I have hope for the final :D

tennizen
Second set was very good quality with both players playing well. Nadal won in the expected way with expected score.

Delpo needs one big win and he'll be back to his earlier level.

Voo de Mar
03-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Nadal was amazing in return games. Very important tournament for Del Potro, he lost in similar style to Verdasco and Roddick this year, but I think in a current form he would beat them both. I'm looking forward to his participation in Miami :)

DrJules
Nadal played his best level of the year.

HarryMan
Nadal's defense was just too good. He played very well, made Del Potro run around a lot. Del Potro played a good match as well.

rafa_maniac
Horrific start by Rafa and then from 0-3 down in the first proceeded to play easily his best tennis of the year. Some really sick stuff at times. DelPo can be very proud of this effort, especially the second set.

LocoPorElTenis
As I said in the commentary thread, Delpo fans should be proud and encouraged. It was the first time facing a top 5 player since WTF 2009, court is quite slow which suits Nadal game, who after a slow start played a flawless match. Delpo had his chances and kept fighting, he broke Nadal in the first and had 2 bps in the second. He's come a longer way than anyone imagined so quickly and is at the doors of the top 50 and inside the top 10 of the race. He'll get his wins over top 10 players soon enough :worship:

Nadal as usual stepped it up when he needed to. Well deserved finalist.

GSMnadal
Brilliant stuff from Nadal, and all credits to Del Potro as well, he's on his way back. Nadal just way too good, his best match of '11 by far: forehand was

dictating play, and his backhand was as reliable as it was at AO '09, good to see. Now take the title Rafa!

Goget
Stats :

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7910/nadaly.png

sheva07
no way this guy will be top 10 again, he is nowhere near Karlovic level, let alone Gasquet's. No match for top guys, go away mug.

:smash::haha:

R.I.P Tennis

This.

Pirata.
03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
topspindoctor and careergrandslam collapsing in a heap of orgasmic joy as we speak.

rubbERR
Delpo break up against Verdasco 2nd set San Jose, Break up against Roddick Memphis 2nd set.

Break up against Nadal 1st set, all gone.

Its all mental, he needs one big win to gain believef.

Pirata.
Very important tournament for Del Potro, he lost in similar style to Verdasco and Roddick this year, but I think in a current form he would beat them both.

Anyone in current form would beat Verdasco :o

LocoPorElTenis
03-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Obviously you started the thread before the end of the match pfff. Delpo should won this match, Nadal is the symbol of winning ugly and sweaty.

Not at all, I started the thread when it was obvious that Delpo's last shot was sailing out.

FiBeR
The 4-1 lead in the opening set will be crucial for Del Potro's future. He will use that and capitalise it to boost himself up.
At 4-2 30-15 he started fading out and showed tireness (he said he has mental lapsus since his comeback and cant concentrate for that long). Service isnt still there.
In all fairness Rafa didnt start playing well until that game and since then became a consistent player.

The machine is tuning up. Congrats Rafa and well done JM. It would have been far too soon a TM1000 final when still not ready. Would have lost badly and that might have been worse in the end. Rather go out competitively than rolled over.

Sonja1989
YEAH!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So great, Rafa in final!!! :banana: Congrats :yeah:

Great tournament for Del Potro! :worship:

KenMirnyi
R.I.P Tennis
Yeah you're right. Tennis really needs more braindead ballbashers like Robin Flukerling:rolleyes:

Mungo
Nadal NOT AT HIS BEST beat Delpo NOT AT HIS BEST on a hardcourt. No surprise here, any of them can beat each other on hardcourts.

FerrersLinda
03-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Oh you whiners!!!!!!! "The death of tennis", "awful tournament", blablabla ......

I saw a great match, especially the first set and some ridiculously beautiful points from both Nadal and Delpo.

Hoorah for tennis!:D

henke007
Delpo hit his 1st Fh winner in the 2nd Set :o:sad:

And his serve is not a weapon on slower courts right now.

I saw a great match, especially the first set

Nadal Gifted a 4-1 lead and Delpo had 3 W to 14 UE what was so great about that set :o

Sonja1989
And finally he played good!!!! :D :D :D

FormerRafaFan
Rocky start, but once he got going there was no looking back for Rafa. Overall a solid match, and I liked what I saw. I actually think he played better now than some of his matches during Australian Open. His form seems to be on the rise. VAMOS!:yeah:

DrJules
Del Potro played well considering he is still on his comeback.

Pirata.
Yeah you're right. Tennis really needs more braindead ballbashers like Robin Flukerling:rolleyes:

Ken Mirnyi? :scratch:

Blackbriar
DelPotro is the most overhyped player actually, he will never be back to his former glory. Even with the perfect draw and sub-par Nadal he is no match. The guy is dead for top level, he was so poor, so slow. And so many people are ecstatic about his weak performances. What will happen during clay season? He will lose big time against mugs.

LocoPorElTenis
03-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Nadal was amazing in return games. Very important tournament for Del Potro, he lost in similar style to Verdasco and Roddick this year, but I think in a current form he would beat them both. I'm looking forward to his participation in Miami :)

Voo, again he was a break up and lost the break (and this time, also the set and the match). Happened 4 matches out of 5 this tournament. Also happened against Verdasco and Roddick. Of course today a big part of it was Nadal raising his level substantially, but you have to agree there is a pattern for Delpo here, sometimes he still manages to win the match but against the best players he doesn't.

Ben.
03-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Good match. Rafa started in utterly horribe form, was obviously nervous. 4-1 lead flattered Dlepo who was very passive in the first set, didn't hit a FH winner. Once Rafa settled he looked easily the best he has in 2011. Serving better and his BH was really good today, which is always a good indicator of his level of play. The second set was better quality wise, Delpo looking to be aggressive, punishing some second serves but started to look a bit fatigued. Certainly encourging signs for Delpo, shouldn't be too long before he can really challenge the top guys, though maybe the move away from HC may hinder his progress for a while.

Rafa going to need to play at least as good as his best form from today and try to show up in that form or he isn't beating the No. 2 tomorrow.

Johnny Groove
Nadal was rusty at the start, down 1-4 quick, but turned it around and played really solid today, few errors.

His serve was here or there, he'll need it to beat Federer tomorrow.

FormerRafaFan
Nadal NOT AT HIS BEST beat Delpo NOT AT HIS BEST on a hardcourt. No surprise here, any of them can beat each other on hardcourts.

I agree. I've seen Rafa better than this, but still.. he played better now than he did during Australian Open, and he was solid, with a few mistakes here and there. His form is on the rise.

moon language
Both guys struggled with their first serves. Nadal needs to sort that out.

RedFury
03-19-2011, 08:19 PM
As I said in the commentary thread, Delpo fans should be proud and encouraged. It was the first time facing a top 5 player since WTF 2009, court is quite slow which suits Nadal game, who after a slow start played a flawless match. Delpo had his chances and kept fighting, he broke Nadal in the first and had 2 bps in the second. He's come a longer way than anyone imagined so quickly and is at the doors of the top 50 and inside the top 10 of the race. He'll get his wins over top 10 players soon enough :worship:

Nadal as usual stepped it up when he needed to. Well deserved finalist.

Amazing. Not just fair analysis but one I totally agree with.

Best of luck to DP & now take it all Rafa.

freeandlonely
Just give JMDP more weeks and we'll see.

Leo
He lost by the same scoreline to the other two top ten players he has faced this year, Verdasco and Roddick. I had a feeling before the match that it would be another 6-4, 6-4.

What he's lacking is the confidence to be consistently aggressive. In his matches, he seems to go in and out of passivity and aggression. Needs to find the balance he once possessed.

Jelenin
Will latin ESPN stop with the sour grapes and excuses already. Del Potro was OUTPLAYED fair and square. I am sick of their bias towards the overrated ballbasher.

Good luck in the final Rafa.

LocoPorElTenis
Delpo hit his 1st Fh winner in the 2nd Set :o:sad:

And his serve is not a weapon on slower courts right now.

Nadal Gifted a 4-1 lead and Delpo had 3 W to 14 UE what was so great about that set :o

He hit a few FH in the first that Nadal was barely able to touch so didn't count as winners. Winner stats are seriously misleading, Delpo usually (not today) overpowers his opponents into forced errors. First set wasn't great, Nadal was erratic in the beginning and then Delpo was pushing around, second set however was high quality.

Agreed that his serve is very far from his best still.

Sapeod
03-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Nadal playing badly + clueless Del Potro playing horribly = Anti-tennis.

Myrre
What a pigtastic match.

FormerRafaFan
Oh yeah, and I forgot to say that Rafa was very solid at the net. I can also see it from the stats, 9/11 net points won. Delpo on the other hand was awful at the net:o

Shirogane
Encouraging stuff from Delpo, good tournament overall. Looking forward to Miami! Nadal played very well.

shaggy
03-19-2011, 08:21 PM
considering how long del potro was missing, especially not playing big matches only thing important for him is to feel big stage again. he is still not 100% physically ready.

djb84xi
That was a well deserved win for Rafa. I'll admit I got scared as hell once he got off to that ridiculously slow start, but he got it together and took control from there. Proud of Delpo for getting this far. He's not quite back to the level that won him the U.S. Open, obviously, but I think in time, he'll be back to his normal self and contending for the big titles. Huge win for Rafa. Better luck next time for Delpo!!

DrJules
I agree. I've seen Rafa better than this, but still.. he played better now than he did during Australian Open, and he was solid, with a few mistakes here and there. His form is on the rise.

Nadal has not played better this year.

Topspindoctor
Routine. Ball bashers like JMDP are nothing to players of Nadal's caliber. Nadal saving tennis once again.

Fujee
03-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Delpo wasn't great, neither was Nadal. Rafa's fitness put him through today. Still this match shows how dangerous Juan is for Rafa, even at 50% fitness/mental strength.

locyka19
serving like this my favorite player Delpo is not goin into top 10 too soon....he should won the first set quickly, but losing serve in a n important moment is just too ugly

Fujee
Routine. Ball bashers like JMDP are nothing to players of Nadal's caliber. Nadal saving tennis once again.

whats a caliber?

l_mac
:lol: Poor Nando.
Ken Mirnyi? :scratch:

Glenn's kinder cousin :yeah:

Well done Rafa.

rocketassist
03-19-2011, 08:23 PM
Shit match.

debby
DelPotro is the most overhyped player actually, he will never be back to his former glory. Even with the perfect draw and sub-par Nadal he is no match. The guy is dead for top level, he was so poor, so slow. And so many people are ecstatic about his weak performances. What will happen during clay season? He will lose big time against mugs.

Coming from a Gasquet tard, that's rich.

You know, DP has JUST came back from a CAREER THREATHENING injury... Do you understand that word ? Obviously he is not going to beat 1 & 2 everyone left and right, he needs time...

After all, he has nothing to prove, he won a Slam beating Nadal and Federer, that's already huge.
He is still young. You expect wayyy too much from him.. he needs time to be back at top level.. and I believe he will make it.
And I am not even a DP fan.

Well done Rafa ! Win against Federer or lose to Nole. :devil:

:hug: DP. Better luck next time !

Blackbriar
Nadal playing badly + clueless Del Potro playing horribly = Anti-tennis.

clearly, one of the worst matches of the week. Very bad tennis from both, but Del Potro is beyond salvation. he is lucky Nadal plays poorly these days, it gives his fans the illusion there was a match.

FiBeR
Drop Shot :inlove:

FormerRafaFan
Brilliant stuff from Nadal, and all credits to Del Potro as well, he's on his way back. Nadal just way too good, his best match of '11 by far: forehand was dictating play, and his backhand was as reliable as it was at AO '09, good to see. Now take the title Rafa!

Agreed. Very solid match from Rafa. The best I've seen him play in quite some time, his form just keeps getting better!

Commander Data
03-19-2011, 08:24 PM
The Roaster will return :rocker:

djb84xi
03-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Encouraging stuff from Delpo, good tournament overall. Looking forward to Miami! Nadal played very well.

I give Delpo much respect, because he's one of the few who can really give Rafa a run for his money, and today was no exception. However, Rafa executed the bigger points well and that gave him the edge and the victory in this one. Delpo will be back to his normal self soon enough. I'm sure of it.

Blackbriar
03-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Coming from a Gasquet tard, that's rich.

You know, DP has JUST came back from a CAREER THREATHENING injury... Do you understand that word ? Obviously he is not going to beat 1 & 2 everyone left and right, he needs time...

After all, he has nothing to prove, he won a Slam beating Nadal and Federer, that's already huge.
He is still young. You expect wayyy too much from him.. he needs time to be back at top level.. and I believe he will make it.
And I am not even a DP fan.

Well done Rafa ! Win against Federer or lose to Nole. :devil:

:hug: DP. Better luck next time !

yeah, he needs time, like 3 or 4 years just how to figure to play tennis again :cool:

FormerRafaFan

LOL.. so true! he lucked out with an injured Berankis, otherwise he wouldn't even have won R1 of IW:o

Sillyrabbit
Didn't think that was either players best match. Del boy obviously still having issues with his serve which isn't a 100% yet. Credit to Nadal, efficient match from him after the slow start.

rocketassist
Del Pony's winner count proved my point I have stated so many times- he is not a risk taker.

duong
03-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Great match !

From 1-4 Nadal was HUGE, with a backhand back to his best, which means better than last year.

As for Del Potro, in second set, he was back near to his best.

When these two guys are at their maximum, they will make huge matches ! :yeah:

I still think Del Potro is more a potential danger to Nadal on clay than Söderling.

Anyway poor Olderer : all these guys would have needed young Federer to face them, it would have been great but it's too late :shrug:

Nadal-Djokovic tomorrow will be huge :eek:

djb84xi
clearly, one of the worst matches of the week. Very bad tennis from both, but Del Potro is beyond salvation. he is lucky Nadal plays poorly these days, it gives his fans the illusion there was a match.

are you kidding me? if you're looking for the worst matches of the week, you need to follow the WTA tour. It wasn't the best match, but certainly wasn't the worst.

freeandlonely

Agree that both are far from their best.

swisht4u
03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Some of Potro's forhands, they said was about 95 mph.
If I recall correctly it was 115 mph, had better angles and more consistent.
So he needs to get that serve working better, movement is still sluggish and he looked tired after some of those rallies.
Very good result to give Nadal a decent challenge.

Right now he's got some points and some good feedback on what he needs to work on.
Overall a successful showing.
Looking to see how he progresses.

chewy
03-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Very fast pace games, credits to Nadal for raising his level to win it.

Great effort from Del Potro this week.
He's one quick Pony...I think Del Potro's movement is very impressive for someone at 6'6"

rubbERR
03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
yeah, he needs time, like 3 or 4 years just how to figure to play tennis again :cool:

Its not that you forget how to play but how to execute shots against top players, doing right things.

People forget so quickly that Nadal struggled top 10 players 2009 after that knee problem, he lost all 3 matches WTF.

debby

At least, he played IW SF. :yeah: I think 98% of ATP players would die to play tennis like Del Potro does.

FormerRafaFan

You are so full of shit. I'm not saying Rafa was playing his very best.. he made a few mistakes, and yeah, he had a rocky start.. but I'd say it's one of the better matches I've seen him play this year. His form is on the rise.

luv_Nadals_balls
Both these guys are the best! Too bad one had to lose. Del Potro is just so adorable.

CCBH
Good match from delPO, all things considered. Forehand still does not look like the weapon of mass destruction of old, and he just cannot get to wide balls, and looks fatigued easily, but that's probably from the lack of big match rhythm, combined with some gingerness over the wrist. Also, he just could not hit through the court, which was frustrating him. Rafa played really well from 1-4 however. Beautiful all-court play, superb use of angles and hitting into the open court time and time again, exploiting delPotro's mobility. Difference in winners was telling: Rafa's came entirely from tactically brilliant play, while delPo's came when he threw caution to the wind and hit out with all his might.

In a few months time, he will probably be back to where he doesn't feel like he HAS to keep doing that.

Blackbriar
03-19-2011, 08:29 PM
are you kidding me? if you're looking for the worst matches of the week, you need to follow the WTA tour. It wasn't the best match, but certainly wasn't the worst.

bah, give me Bartoli any day over this slumpy sluggish creature. There was on guy runing in all directions, the other one just standing there. You call this tennis?

ZaZoo)
03-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Shit match, don't like Nadal but you need to give him a credit. Nice tennis from Rafito.

As for Delpo, not yet there but making progress, well done.

emotion
03-19-2011, 08:31 PM
awful match, bit of a choke in 1st
2nd was better, still poor returns from delpo

!VamosRafa!
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Vamos!Good win from Rafa,but I'm afraid he will get steamrolled by Nole in the final:help:

born_on_clay
03-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Great win Rafa :hatoff:
Good tournament delPo :yeah:

Filo V.
03-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Expected result and scoreline. Nadal came out and made like 11 errors in 5 games, but as soon as he started shoring up the mistakes and his serving, he was the one in control of the match. A nice, solid performance. DelPo just wasn't good enough on the day. The court speed surely didn't help.

vn01
03-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Good win for Rafa. He played very well and was definitely the better player. His 1st serve should improve for tomorrow's final. But I am happy with Nadal's performance.

I am also very proud of Del Potro. He started very well in the 1st set, but Rafa raised his game level and managed to take the set. Then in the 2nd set, after he missed 2 BPs, Rafa took an absolute control of the set and won it. Delpo made a lot of errors. He may be a bit tired. Good things for him will come soon. :)

VAMOS RAFA! NOW WIN THE TITLE! :devil:

Matt01
03-19-2011, 08:39 PM
Both these guys are the best! Too bad one had to lose. Del Potro is just so adorable.

He is ;)

Nole Rules
03-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Pony needs a couple more months, until US Open he will be ready to roast Piggy again.

+1.

Gladiator
03-19-2011, 08:59 PM
I didn't watch the match, but it seems an interesting one

A rematch for US09 SF

now the final will be epic, Djokovic vs Nadal a rematch for USO2010

SetSampras
03-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Fed is about to get straight set clown stomped here in a minute by Djoker for the third straight time this season .. . Nadal HEALTHY equals Nadal UNBEATABLE as the last year has shown. .. Djoker, Fed , Del Potro Murry are just a commercial until Nadal gets back healthy.. And thats the FACTS
. ANd people thinking Potro beating a way less then 100 percent Nadal with a strained abdomen is indicative of beating a healthy on top of his game Nadal. ROFL
Murray, Djoker, Soderling, Potro, Olderer are just a commercial until Nadal is healthy.. NO ONE can beat a healthy on top of his game Nadal.. Lets not be ludicrous

FlameOn
03-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Nadal. :bigclap: Great #s at the net today. :)

Elbarto
03-19-2011, 09:48 PM
expected result,

but a good result for Del Potro who is still not at his best level, he managed to take 8 games to the world number one, he made also some good shots,

he needs to work again in order to be quick and accurate on his shots,

next time he will be ready to beat a top 10 player, after 2 or 3 tournaments he will have enough matchs under his belt in order to be strong and confident

@Sweet Cleopatra
03-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Rafa played great :)

Scotso
03-19-2011, 10:43 PM
:yippee:

allpro
03-19-2011, 10:52 PM
nadal off to a slow start but found the range. delpo not quite there yet.

Yazoo.C
03-19-2011, 10:59 PM
Well done Rafa :yeah:

Delpo :hug:

Mungo
03-20-2011, 01:36 AM
Good stuff from Rafa, he only needs to serve better. He was smart as usual. He won because the match was played in his own terms. Those high balls to Delpo's backhand started to change the match. Flat hitting is not the right game plan against Delpo on a hardcourt.

Bad Religion
03-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Never in doubt , Nadal owns del Pony, you already knew that

Lopez
03-20-2011, 01:41 AM
If I'm not mistaken, this is the first tournament of 2011 where Nadal gains points compared to his previous' years result.

Mungo
03-20-2011, 01:54 AM
Right but he only lost a few points in Doha, from finalist to semifinalist.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Del Potro hasn't got the court movement to stay with Nadal when Nadal is his normal self, because Nadal's down-the-line shots expose Del Potro's lack of movement. The Final is all Nadal's now :mad:

thrust
03-20-2011, 03:10 AM

Shut up, IDIOT!!

belco
03-20-2011, 03:15 AM
ATP.2011.Indian.Wells.SF.Nadal.vs.Del.Potro.ENG.x2 64 (http://tennishaven.com/details.php?id=954)

Full match in English @ tennishaven :)

Arkulari
03-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Rafa had a slow start but after that the match was NID.
Juan is not back at his best level yet, but he's definitely on his way back to the top 10, I said it before and say it again, his best will come at the US Open Series :yeah: :D

Elbarto
03-20-2011, 04:02 AM

it's a shame from you to write this kind of troll/provocation/stupid messages, and I'm sure you know that I'm right,

usually you write some very interesting messages, so I don't understand this troll attitude, we don't need another "topspindoctor" in this forum, it's painfull to read this kind of message,

ok you don't like the game style of Del Potro, but you don't need to exaggerate, caricature and denigrate all the sides of his game, tennis needs a variety of different game styles, for example I don't like the game style of Murray, Simon ( pusher style ) but I respect their work and the opposition of different game styles can give very good quality matchs,

so please don't be another "topspindoctor", vous valez mieux que ça !

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Who really did think DelPo could beat Nadal his current state of mentality?

His problem this year been that he cant maintain his lead when break up, mostly because he loses concentration and cant place 1st serve well, 1st serve % drops and downhill begins.

Against Philipp Kohlschreiber he was break up 1st set, what happened? it did go tie-break, 2nd set had chance doublebreak, what happened? He had to save setpoints tie-break.

Against Dolgopolov, break up 1st set and it did go tie-break.

This clearly shows that he doesnt have what it takes to beat top players yet.

ossie
03-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Who really did think DelPo could beat Nadal his current state of mentality?

the match was pretty close, delpotro could have won it you know.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:11 PM
http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=11122&zoneid=25

:lol:

Two years and he still keeps talking that. :haha:

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:17 PM
That shows that Nadal has unbelivable big ego, hes animal every meaning of word, humble? Hell no.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Didnt it go this way: 481 victories 103 injuries to Nadal's career. :haha:

The Magician
03-20-2011, 02:21 PM

What a disgrace :rolleyes: How anyone can like this mug as a player or as a human being is beyond me :confused:

Snowwy
03-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Didnt it go this way: 481 victories 103 injuries to Nadal's career. :haha:

Lol, you are so entertaining, you are so distraught one day after that you are posting to yourself over and over. Just too funny.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Lol, you are so entertaining, you are so distraught one day after that you are posting to yourself over and over. Just too funny.

Pretty much because Nadal keeps still talking about his injuries back in 2009, hes got destroyed many times in his career without being injured, it didnt play huge part of his loss.He of course wants people believe so and many people going to believe(mostly his fanatic fans).

You dont arrive US open semifinals being so badly injured as he says, you have to b good condition.

Snowwy
03-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Pretty much because Nadal keeps still talking about his injuries back in 2009, hes got destroyed many times in his career without being injured, it didnt play huge part of his loss.

This question is not meant to be offensive, I'm asking the real reason, its not a joke question, why did you sign up for this tennis forum in 2009? To support Del Potro, or why?

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:31 PM
This question is not meant to be offensive, I'm asking the real reason, its not a joke question, why did you sign up for this tennis forum in 2009? To support Del Potro, or why?

u may have noticed that 99% this forum users are fanboys and if not then haters or both, im just another person of this large mass, so why asking this question to me?

Snowwy
03-20-2011, 02:34 PM
u may have noticed that 99% this forum users are supporters/fanboys and if not then haters.

That wasn't my point. See how easy it is to get someone to talk about 2009 if you ask a question. If you think Nadal just goes to his press conferences and talks about 2009, you are mistaken. Someone asks a question and he answers it, I'm sure you have seen one of these before.

Is he suppose to lie, he had a 3 cm tear apparently. If he had it, why would he lie? You'd call him a liar if he did that.

If Del Potro is asked about his late 2009 or 2010 losses, what should he say? I was injured so I lost or I lost because I got bad at tennis. Actually you constantly tell us that Del Potro was injured but those losses were in late 2009, so how is that any different? The difference? No one asked you so really your posts are worse than Nadal's, so everything you say about Nadal really applies to you, only worse. :angel:

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:46 PM
If Nadal is humble he would have said: "Past is past, recent is recent" And not say same crap when we have heard it already.

tennizen
03-20-2011, 02:48 PM
He also spoke of Doha virus and AO leg problem in his post match interview:lol:

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:50 PM

LMAO :haha:

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 02:51 PM
It doesn't make him not humble to be honest. But honesty hurts some people.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:54 PM

103 injuries his career.

tennizen
03-20-2011, 02:56 PM

It shows him not humble but that's pretty much everyone at the top.

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Sorry, but that isn't original nor funny anymore. Try new material, haters.

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 02:58 PM
It shows him not humble but that's pretty much everyone at the top.

It doesn't make him not humble. It makes him someone who is honest with his injury situation. Being humble is about being gracious about your opportunities and not self-absorbed or big headed. Nadal isn't, he's asked a question, and he answers it truthfully, and he's knocked for it.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Sorry, but that isn't original nor funny anymore. Try new material, haters.

Im not hating him, im just hating that he comes out always these injury excuses. How many times Federer has come out with these? I dont remember even one time.

Kiedis
03-20-2011, 03:00 PM
If Nadal is humble he would have said: "Past is past, recent is recent" And not say same crap when we have heard it already.

I am sure with my level of 2009 in that moment, without injury, I was [going to lose]

What a cocky moron this Nadal :o

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 03:02 PM
What a cocky moron this Nadal :o

Then why he didnt say only that? :lol:

Stop defending your messiah, its a tennisplayer with injury book ready when stepping on court.

"What injury do i pick this time when i lose, they going to believe me anyways"

Number one option this time: "i was tired, couldnt move,no?"

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Im not hating him, im just hating that he comes out always these injury excuses. How many times Federer has come out with these? I dont remember even one time.

Roger, Wimbledon last year. Djokovic, all the time. Murray, all the time. We can go down the list. If you're injured, you're injured. Why should Nadal say he's not injured if he's asked about it? He was berated for bullshit answers when he was young, now he's berated for being honest. He always gives credit to his opponents, however, when asked about his injuries in particular matches he discusses the situation. It's not an excuse, reality is reality. We can't change reality because we don't like the picture.

star
03-20-2011, 03:09 PM

OH REALLY?

:haha: :haha:

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 03:12 PM
OH REALLY?

:haha: :haha:

Really, i just got tired his continous excuses after reading them everytime he loses a match.

Castafiore
03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
:rolls:

You're just being biased as hell in both directions. Blind and deaf to the excuses of one player, blowing the excuses of another player out of proportion.

star
03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Really, i just got tired his continous excuses after reading them everytime he loses a match.

So obtuse.

I'm laughing at your REALLY faulty memory.

rocketassist
03-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Roger, Wimbledon last year. Djokovic, all the time. Murray, all the time. We can go down the list. If you're injured, you're injured. Why should Nadal say he's not injured if he's asked about it? He was berated for bullshit answers when he was young, now he's berated for being honest. He always gives credit to his opponents, however, when asked about his injuries in particular matches he discusses the situation. It's not an excuse, reality is reality. We can't change reality because we don't like the picture.

Cause cynically you don't buy their injuries but you buy Nadal's.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 03:18 PM
So obtuse.

I'm laughing at your REALLY faulty memory.

Come on, dont take it too hard, i know that Nadal is to you and many others as Jesus Christ is some people.

Johnny Groove
03-20-2011, 03:19 PM

"Oh my back"

"Oh my mono"

"Oh my back and leg and Wimbledon"

"Oh my age and decline is in full effect"

Come on now.

Every player has injuries.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Now people think i hate Nadal but im satisfied that he is final instead DelPo, current form Del Potro would have struggled to win even games against Nole.

If he would have won Nadal its more that his style matches with him.

star
03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Come on, dont take it too hard, i know that Nadal is to you and many others as Jesus Christ is some people.

:lol: :lol:

Take what hard? Your memory loss?

Yeah. Well, that is tough to cope with, but I'll struggle to carry on.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 03:31 PM
:lol: :lol:

Take what hard? Your memory loss?

Yeah. Well, that is tough to cope with, but I'll struggle to carry on.

What are you laughing? Being retard? You know, u dont get me annoyed no matter what u say.

star
03-20-2011, 03:37 PM
What are you laughing? Being retard? You know, u dont get me annoyed no matter what u say.

:hug: :hug:

I can't explain it to you anymore than it's already been explained. I want you to continue just as uniquely you as you are.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 03:41 PM
:hug: :hug:

I can't explain it to you anymore than it's already been explained. I want you to continue just as uniquely you as you are.

I have said i hate him? No, its your imagination man. If some other player would come out this many excuses i would do the same.

star
03-20-2011, 03:43 PM
I have said i hate him? No, its your imagination man.

You just get better and better. :kiss:

In whose imagination have I said anything about hating?

FiBeR
03-20-2011, 03:43 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_KsMWrvdjtBI/S7q8h4GcAfI/AAAAAAAAAvY/2fxF4_k5TnQ/s1600/ORLY.jpg

lY27u0y_BUA

doesnt look like Del Potro was playing the same way, does it Rafito? :p

What amazes me most is that when a player like Nalbandian who never ever whines about injuries plays with a broken something he gets brutally critizised because he barely loses a set 5-7 to players like Ungur .. really unbelievable

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 03:48 PM
You just get better and better. :kiss:

In whose imagination have I said anything about hating?

Then what? I did read all my posts this thread and dont know what do i need remember, maybe u dont know either -.-

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Cause cynically you don't buy their injuries but you buy Nadal's.

I never said I didn't buy their injuries. Players wouldn't lie about something like that openly.

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 04:00 PM
Nalbandian doesn't whine about injuries and I commend him for that, however to say he doesn't discuss his injuries is false. All players have discussed injuries, but when Nadal does it, it's an excuse.

FiBeR
03-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Nalbandian doesn't whine about injuries and I commend him for that, however to say he doesn't discuss his injuries is false. All players have discussed injuries, but when Nadal does it, it's an excuse.

:confused: who said that? :p
Nadal brings up excuses to say "he beat me injured" whereas Nalbandian would go "its a tough match I had my chances and he played better" -Are you injured? "yeah i have apendicitis and its about to blow, but im ok :yeah:"

Moya once said : "Every player has, will and have had injuries all the time. If you want to be a tennis player, you must deal with injuries everyday. Can be anything, it is part of the tennis player's life"...

Kiedis
03-20-2011, 04:09 PM
Then why he didnt say only that? :lol:

Stop defending your messiah, its a tennisplayer with injury book ready when stepping on court.

"What injury do i pick this time when i lose, they going to believe me anyways"

Number one option this time: "i was tired, couldnt move,no?"

Why someone would have to stop telling the truth when is asked about it? :confused:

Shirogane
03-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Nadal brings up excuses to say "he beat me injured" whereas Nalbandian would go "its a tough match I had my chances and he played better" -Are you injured? "yeah i have apendicitis and its about to blow, but im ok :yeah:"

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Why someone would have to stop telling the truth when is asked about it? :confused:

It was US open semifinal, you dont reach semifinals being completely ripped apart.

Kiedis
03-20-2011, 04:25 PM
It was US open semifinal, you dont reach semifinals being completely ripped apart.

Nadal said he had a small tear at the beginning of the tournament that grew to a big one of 3 cm. I suppose you have a reading comprehension problem. Or maybe it's primarily due to your hatred problem which don't let you read correctly :D

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Nadal said he had a small tear at the beginning of the tournament that grew to a bing one of 3 cm. I suppose you have a reading comprehension problem. Or maybe it's primarily due to your hatred problem which don't let you read correctly :D

And? tear can only cause discomfort and can b easily ignored, that allowed him play.

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 04:33 PM
"Tear can b easily ignored"

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 04:34 PM
"Tear can b easily ignored"

What? i have had tear in my leg(almost 2cm) and i did only feel little pain and discomfort.U nerds only sit computer day after day so u dont know nothing

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 04:36 PM

Moya once said : "Every player has, will and have had injuries all the time. If you want to be a tennis player, you must deal with injuries everyday. Can be anything, it is part of the tennis player's life"...

Carlos is totally true in his words, and I'm sure Rafa knows this. But Rafa never has said that he lost because he's injured. He gives credit to his opponents for winning, however, the truth is that they beat an injured player not able to give their best on the day. He never has said that a player didn't earn their victory, he simply answers the questions he's asked about his injuries.

Matt01
03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
I suppose you have a reading comprehension problem. Or maybe it's primarily due to your hatred problem which don't let you read correctly :D

It's most likely the latter.

Rubberr-guy = :retard:

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 04:40 PM
What? i have had tear in my leg(almost 2cm) and i did only feel little pain and discomfort.U nerds only sit computer day after day so u dont know nothing

First of all, Rafa is a tennis player, and the abs are one of the most used muscles in tennis, so to say that it isn't a big deal is completely incorrect. Secondly, the leg and the abs are different muscles, so obviously it's a different type of pain and discomfort. I pulled (not even torn---but still) a muscle in my side (ribs/abs region) when I was like 16, and let me tell you, the difference between a leg injury and ab injury is stark. I could barely move, I definitely couldn't turn sharply. Essentially all movements affected it. So, instead of making insults, you should realize that you can't change reality to suit you.

oranges
03-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Carlos is totally true in his words, and I'm sure Rafa knows this. But Rafa never has said that he lost because he's injured. He gives credit to his opponents for winning, however, the truth is that they beat an injured player not able to give their best on the day. He never has said that a player didn't earn their victory, he simply answers the questions he's asked about his injuries.

Please read that a couple of times and perhaps you'll arrive at a humongous contradiction

Filo V.
03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
It's not a contradiction. Player X beats Player Y, who is not able to give 100% due to injury. The winner deserves credit for taking advantage of the opportunity, because player X could still lose, but he doesn't. It still ultimately is about wins and losses.

Kiedis
03-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Please read that a couple of times and perhaps you'll arrive at a humongous contradiction

He is comenting on this Nadal quote

I am sure with my level of 2009 in that moment, without injury, I was [going to lose] but not 6-2, 6-2, 6-2.

Perhaps now his words make more sense to you.

oranges
03-20-2011, 04:59 PM
It's not a contradiction. Player X beats Player Y, who is not able to give 100% due to injury. The winner deserves credit for taking advantage of the opportunity, because player X could still lose, but he doesn't. It still ultimately is about wins and losses.

If it's all the same and a win is a win and a loss is loss, why are you so intent on emphasizing the injury? Not the first time, not the last. It's a humongous contradiction to say 'not to take away any credit, but I/he was injured'. You are taking away credit big time. Excuses are for pansies. I'd bet you anyhting you won't find an Edberg or Rafter quote implicating injury after a loss that's not a retirement. Enough said.

oranges
03-20-2011, 05:02 PM
He is comenting on this Nadal quote

Perhaps now his words make more sense to you.

Nah, flyboy is notorious for excusitis. IIRC, Lopez has a quote in the sig that illustrates it perfectly.

star
03-20-2011, 05:07 PM
If it's all the same and a win is a win and a loss is loss, why are you so intent on emphasizing the injury? Not the first time, not the last. It's a humongous contradiction to say 'not to take away any credit, but I/he was injured'. You are taking away credit big time. Excuses are for pansies. I'd bet you anyhting you won't find an Edberg or Rafter quote implicating injury after a loss that's not a retirement. Enough said.

This is not entirely correct. Although I do think those players are two of the finest people, Edberg had back injuries that he referenced, and Rafter talked at length about his shoulder injury.

Probably for that last year he played, Edberg said nothing about his back, but he was a shadow of himself and everyone knew the reason he had decided to make it his last year was the decline of his body as well as wanting finally to be off the tour.

oranges
03-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Of course they'll talk about long-standing health problems occasionally, but did they ever reference it when commenting a loss in any way that could even remotely be construed as an excuse?

Raferminator
03-20-2011, 05:15 PM
The reason Rafa mentions injuries after matches where he has injury time-outs is because the Press ask him about any obvious injuries in his post-match Press Conferences over and over and over again. He is basically a pretty open guy, and extremely polite to the Press, so eventually he reveals a little more when he is asked to elaborate for the umpteenth time instead of telling the reporter something rude to dismiss them the way Roddick so deftly does.

He DOES say all the right things about this opponnent winning the match. This is ignored by the Haters. The Haters are the ones that focus on the fact he answers questions on his injuries and then put microscopes on the whole issue by repeating it over and over again.

Anyway, enough on all that. Congrats on a great match, Rafa! :worship: Take the title and begin your season of domination for 2011! :)

star
03-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Of course they'll talk about long-standing health problems occasionally, but did they ever reference it when commenting a loss in any way that could even remotely be construed as an excuse?

You are asking for my memory of 20 year old events. Probably anytime you reference an injury after a loss it can be construed as an excuse by someone. Even if, like Rafa, you say you would have lost anyway, some see it as an excuse.

I think over all we operate on a much more critical level now than we did 15 to 20 years ago. The Internet has so much information I didn't know about then. Also we see events of the past through a mist. People who didn't live through it can sometime paint figures of the past in a more heroic light and those who did live through it tend to gloss over the flaws in their heroes.

Corey Feldman
03-20-2011, 06:59 PM
oh STFU about Nadal "injury" at USO 2009, Nadal fans :rolleyes:

River
03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
DelPo gettin his groove back

I approve~

fran70
03-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I think it was a fantastic week for Delpo. Just bear in mind where he was standed a few months ago and not even knowing how his wrist would react to such longer inactivity. Not only he is playing in a similar level to the top 20-40 but in two months he won a title and reached SF in San Jose, Memphis and Indian Wells. He is still far away of his best tennis and of the top 10 yet (not even to mention the best top 3). He needs more competition and to spend more time on court. But for what concerns to me he is making amazing progresses towards to find back his best form.

Mungo
03-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Nadal hit more winners than Delpo. I will take that, Fed is the symbol of losing ugly and sweaty these days.

Mungo
03-20-2011, 08:04 PM
That shows that FED has unbelivable big ego, hes animal every meaning of word, humble? Hell no.

All your stupid stuff is right changing one word.

Mungo
03-20-2011, 08:10 PM
What a disgrace :rolleyes: How anyone can like this mug as a player or as a human being is beyond me :confused:

Many of us don't get how you can even be a nickname :confused:

Mungo
03-20-2011, 08:13 PM

Nothing wrong with that because it affected his form in January. Only limited brains would think his virus/leg injury were not real.

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 08:40 PM
All your stupid stuff is right changing one word.

Nadal has big ego your crying cant change it, cant his fans just admit that Nadal is crying way too much after every loss?

No, because Nadal is messiah and life itself, amen.

LawrenceOfTennis
03-20-2011, 08:48 PM
too bad Juan Martin lost after 4-1 lead....should step up his confidence alittle bit. Anyway, he showed some of his 09' form.

Kiedis
03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Nadal has big ego your crying cant change it, cant his fans just admit that Nadal is crying way too much after every loss?

No, because Nadal is messiah and life itself, amen.

Always is good to see a mad fedtard.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/20/rafaelnadalnike.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4782/federercryingausopen09.jpg

rubbERR
03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Always is good to see a mad fedtard.

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/20/rafaelnadalnike.jpg

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/4782/federercryingausopen09.jpg

Im not Federer fan not even close mate.