Juan Martin Del Potro version 2.0: Is he ready to launch his assault? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Juan Martin Del Potro version 2.0: Is he ready to launch his assault?

locyka19
03-19-2011, 07:49 AM
I think number 2 or 1. After one year out of competition, with a pretty bad serving and not 100% movement on the court, he is already in the sf of a masters. Mostly thanks to his mental strength. I'd say he could have won the roland garros, or at least semis again. Us Open favorite of course. A couple of masters tournament wins.

ossie
03-19-2011, 07:52 AM
we would have a del potro nadal rivalry and the other players wouldn't even come close to winning a slam.

locyka19
03-19-2011, 07:55 AM
we would have a del potro nadal rivalry and the other players wouldn't even come close to winning a slam.

I agree. Djokovic would not have been in this postion. Federer neither.

ossie
03-19-2011, 07:58 AM
I agree. Djokovic would not have been in this postion. Federer neither.it doesn't matter though, with the way things are going for del potro i expect him in the top ten soon winning slams and correcting the ranking.

locyka19
03-19-2011, 08:00 AM
it doesn't matter though, with the way things are going for del potro i expect him in the top ten soon winning slams and correcting the ranking.

I think in the year 2012 he will win a slam. Hopefuly.

ossie
03-19-2011, 08:03 AM
I think in the year 2012 he will win a slam. Hopefuly.he will definitely be winning slams in 2012. i am also convinced that he can be ready for usopen 2011, in fact i believe he will be entering that tournament as the favorite.

murex
03-19-2011, 08:34 AM
I agree. Djokovic would not have been in this postion. Federer neither.

bahhahahahaha...how many times Potro is winning Djokovic or Federer?!:wavey:

!VamosRafa!
03-19-2011, 08:38 AM
He would be top 3 for sure with one more SLam :D
He's still young so we shouldn't worry about slams.

delpiero7
03-19-2011, 09:20 AM
he will definitely be winning slams in 2012. i am also convinced that he can be ready for usopen 2011, in fact i believe he will be entering that tournament as the favorite.

Geez, the guy's only been back from major injury for a couple of months and you're already making him favourite for a slam that is 5 months away?

As a fan, I'd like to think he'd be reaching his peak by the time the US Open comes around. But to think he'd be favourite to win it at this stage (impressive results and all) is absurd. As we've seen many times in just the past few years, a lot can change in a couple of months in tennis.

Nadull_tard
03-19-2011, 09:24 AM
He would have something around 17 slams, ATP would organize some Potro Slams only for JM to help him break Fedmug's record.

vn01
03-19-2011, 01:32 PM
He'd defiitely be number 1

Nole fan
03-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Top 5, but I don't see him as either top 1 or 2 or even 3.

Time Violation
03-19-2011, 01:57 PM

Yea, what if Novak didn't have breathing problems and Rafa knee problems and if Fed were a little younger... woulda coulda shoulda :p

nalbyfan
03-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Where Tsonga and others would have been by now without injury ? The main problem in tennis world is injury which can happens at every moment so it's impossible to predict anything about any player

ossie
03-19-2011, 02:06 PM
Where Tsonga and others would have been by now without injury ? The main problem in tennis world is injury which can happens at every moment so it's impossible to predict anything about any player
tsonga would still be clowning his way out of tournaments the moment he would meet a decent player.

Sonja1989
03-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Tsonga isn't Del Potro. ;) I like both but Del Potro is much younger and better already.

ossie
03-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Yea, what if Novak didn't have breathing problems and Rafa knee problems and if Fed were a little younger... woulda coulda shoulda :p
i am just responding to the thread, i understand it is useless to speculate about this.

Fujee
03-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Delpo's time is coming, the injury was a setback sure, but his time is on the horizon. But he certainly will not be the dominator everyone says he will be, remember he nearly lost his maiden slam, has been stopped by the top 4 many times before his injury. Perspective people.

DJ Soup
03-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Delpo would have a favourable H2H with Federer and Nadal, but I think Djokovich would be his shadow

MIMIC
03-19-2011, 03:34 PM
No. 4

Dyraise
03-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Top 5, but I don't see him as either top 1 or 2 or even 3.

This.

Elbarto
03-19-2011, 04:00 PM
What do you think where Del Potro'd have been by now without injury?

if Del Potro wasn't injured in 2010 :

--> he would have won Roland Garros 2010
--> 2 masters 1000 with Toronto and Bercy
--> runner-up at US Open 2010

so he would be top 2 or top 3

elena_k
03-19-2011, 04:10 PM
I think maybe 4 or 5. I think 1 more slam final and a masters title something like Paris.

He played great in US Open 09 but he wasnt THAT great, you have to remember Federer and Nadal were nowhere near the best when he beat them in that tournament.

tyruk14
03-19-2011, 04:15 PM
if Del Potro wasn't injured in 2010 :

--> he would have won US Open 2010
--> 2 masters 1000 with Toronto and Bercy
--> runner-up at Roland Garros 2010

so he would be top 2 or top 3

Fixed. Juan Martin wasn't ready to win the French in 2010, nor will he be in 2011. 2012 could be a different story, however. Provided that the world doesn't end, of course.

GlennMirnyi
03-19-2011, 04:23 PM
He'd still be in Indian Wells. It's mandatory.

shiaben
03-19-2011, 04:23 PM
Potro can potentially reach #5, but I'm not sure if he's still a slam contender.............he'll have to refine many aspects of his game. First thing he'll need to do is get his footwork back. It took him 2 solid years of work on it to develop that before winning the USO.

Sonja1989
03-19-2011, 04:33 PM
4 or 5.

Nathaliia
03-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Surely top 5 and I think it would toss in there, and I don't see reasons why wouldn't he be winning slams when injury free. Clearly more balls than Murray. He's yet to win something major.

Argenbrit
03-19-2011, 07:40 PM
He would've won the USO 2010 and would be #3 behind Rafa and Nole.

Regenbogen
03-19-2011, 07:52 PM
I think he'd be top five, but not top 3 and he likely wouldn't have won another major yet. I feel like in Delpo's absence some people have built him up into this legend he never was...he's an excellent player but even at his best he's not going to win absolutely everything.

Lee
03-19-2011, 07:54 PM
He is definitely top 5 and it will depends on his health whether he will go further. Before his wrist injury, he hardly finished a whole season without injury problem even his is very young. He worked on his fitness after his wrist surgery so may be this is a good thing for him down the road.

Sapeod
03-19-2011, 08:00 PM
He'd be in the top 6 somewhere.

Blackbriar
03-19-2011, 08:03 PM
today he won't go further than semi-final :)

LawrenceOfTennis
05-28-2011, 05:29 PM
After watched his match against the current best player in the world, I think we can clarify that Delpo is easily the fourth best player in the world. I know, I know this statement will be controversial and many will argue this. But hands down, nobody else could run Djokovic hard like Del Potro did last night. Nadal played tight matches against Djokovic, Federer also, but yesterday evening was the first time I saw some doubts on Djokovic's face. I mean, I was sure Djokovic will win this, but everybody should agree there were moments when we were unsure about how many sets will they play.The gap between them is much smaller than what the scoreline shows. Del Potro is still injured ( pain in the hip a couple of days ago before the Kavcic match, I'm not using this as an excuse) and still on his way to return to his best tennis. Murray simply doesn't have this kind of pure agressive tennis. Soderling's game is impressive but one dimensional. I doubt that if Federer still has the game to stop Delpo. Nadal can stop him, but only on grass ( clay is doubtful). I think the triumvirate's future depends a lot on Delpo's possible injuries.

KaiserT
05-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Murray was a few points away from beating him in Rome, but he clearly couldn't take a set off Djok at RG?

:lol:

green25814
05-28-2011, 05:33 PM
We've known for a while that Delpo is a potential no1 or 2 (forget 4), it just depends on his form and fitness.

And yeah Muzz did better against the Djoke in his last meeting tbh.

ExcaliburII
05-28-2011, 05:34 PM
After watched his match against the current best player in the world, I think we can clarify that Delpo is easily the fourth best player in the world. I know, I know this statement will be controversial and many will argue this. But hands down, nobody else could run Djokovic hard like Del Potro did last night. Nadal played tight matches against Djokovic, Federer also, but yesterday evening was the first time I saw some doubts on Djokovic's face. I mean, I was sure Djokovic will win this, but everybody should agree there were moments when we were unsure about how many sets will they play.The gap between them is much smaller than what the scoreline shows. Del Potro is still injured ( pain in the hip a couple of days ago before the Kavcic match, I'm not using this as an excuse) and still on his way to return to his best tennis. Murray simply doesn't have this kind of pure agressive tennis. Soderling's game is impressive but one dimensional. I doubt that if Federer still has the game to stop Delpo. Nadal can stop him, but only on grass ( clay is doubtful). I think the triumvirate's future depends a lot on Delpo's possible injuries.
Djokovic
Nadal
Ferrer
Federer
DelPotro
Murray
Soderling

Thats my current ranking.

green25814
05-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Is that a clay ranking Excalibur? Otherwise WTF at Ferrer no 3?

ExcaliburII
05-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Is that a clay ranking Excalibur? Otherwise WTF at Ferrer no 3?

why not? He has been clearly the 3rd better player this season. Even by ranking.

hipolymer
05-28-2011, 05:44 PM

I disagree about the Djokovic part. Nadal in Miami, Ferrer and Belluci in Madrid, and Murray in Rome all gave him more trouble. Even Dodig did better. I think the second set that DelPo won was decided by one or two points, especially that DF.

He will give him more trouble in the hard court season though.

tennistab
05-28-2011, 05:45 PM
i agree with you to an extent about ferrer. but thats only for the claycourt season hes been very consistent. but otherwise, hes really nothing remarkable. very solid player. headstrong and good movement. But Djoko,Nadal,Federer,Murray have no trouble beating him in grand slams. Look at nadal, faced him twice in finals, and he didnt look rattled. handled him like he was a qualifier. his game is too predictable.

LawrenceOfTennis
05-28-2011, 05:46 PM
I disagree about the Djokovic part. Nadal in Miami, Ferrer and Belluci in Madrid, and Murray in Rome all gave him more trouble. Even Dodig did better. I think the second set that DelPo won was decided by one or two points, especially that DF.

He will give him more trouble in the hard court season though.

You have good points, but I'm saying that I haven't seen these doubts on Djokovic face, not even against Nadal or Murray.

hipolymer
05-28-2011, 05:51 PM
Hmm, well I guess I don't pay much attention to his facial expressions then.

Most likely he was hiding his doubts in the other matches.

Nole Rules
05-28-2011, 06:04 PM
He would be in the top 3 with 2nd slam by now without injuries.:sad:

Time Violation
05-28-2011, 06:05 PM
You have good points, but I'm saying that I haven't seen these doubts on Djokovic face, not even against Nadal or Murray.

Yup, but as Novak gets more and more matches (and the streak continues), probably it's inevitable he gets somewhat weary of it all, compared to one or two months ago. :)

MaxPower
05-28-2011, 06:13 PM
He would be world number 1 and have 5 slams? hmm wait no he did have injuries and it's impossible to say. Saying he'd have more slams and be top3 is a bit like saying Djokovic won't lose a match for the next 2 years. Sure looks like it now but you can never assume it would come true. So I'd say Del Potro would likely be in the top10. But god knows where

Nole fan
05-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Top 5, but not 1, 2 or 3 yet.

Del Potro: “I tried my maximum and for that I’m at peace with myself, but I couldn’t pull it off,” said Del Potro, who is now 0-4 against Djokovic. “Today, Djokovic is No. 1 in the world.”

That much is clear. :)

LawrenceOfTennis
05-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Top 5, but not 1, 2 or 3 yet.

Del Potro: “I tried my maximum and for that I’m at peace with myself, but I couldn’t pull it off,” said Del Potro, who is now 0-4 against Djokovic. “Today, Djokovic is No. 1 in the world.”

That much is clear. :)

You completely misunderstood the question.Never mind.

Nole fan
05-29-2011, 01:05 PM
You completely misunderstood the question.Never mind.

Read the first sentence. :rolleyes:

finishingmove
05-29-2011, 01:26 PM
he would be on a 40 match winning streak

swisht4u
05-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Most likely in the top 4.
Right now he's spending his time just getting the strokes back and other basic areas of his game.
Without injury he could already be fine tuning his game and the basics would be automatic.
Injuries are part of the game though, just the way it goes and no turning back time.
Even with parts of his game not working he's playing at least top ten level.
Another leg injury slowed his RG preparation and he still put up a decent match against Nole.
DelPo isn't overhyped, the top players know how dangerous he can be even at his level now.

Henry Kaspar
07-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Whoever saw del Potro at Roland Garros and Wimbledon can have little doubt that the big fella is back. As of now his post-injury ranking such that it has him run into Djokovic/Nadal in the 3rd round - and he gave both plentiful to think about. But this will soon improve and he'll become a quarterfinal regular, becoming a massive threat for any top 4 player he'll be taking on in the quarters. And in contrast to Andy Murray there are no doubts that del Potro can beat the top dogs at the slams - he has done so before. Further, del Potro is still only 22, while Djokovic and Murray are 24 (peak age), Nadal 25. He has a lot of good years ahead of him.

My prediction: del Potro will win a(nother) slam or two until end-2012, and will soon be seen as a key rival for Djokovic/Nadal.

homogenius
07-04-2011, 11:43 PM
Let's see if he can play more than 3 months without breaking some part of his body first.You can't build anything if your body keep letting you down again and again.
That being said, he should have a good summer and could make the SF/F at the USO depending of his draw.

pesto
07-04-2011, 11:46 PM
Be good to have him back.

But he's not 21. He's 22, about 16 months younger than Djoko and Murray.

Henry Kaspar
07-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Be good to have him back.

But he's not 21. He's 22, about 16 months younger than Djoko and Murray.

True.

tkr
07-05-2011, 08:57 AM
This kid will be a contender for the big titles when he's healthy. As mentioned above, his body seems to fragile to compete for a long period of time. Although I would gladly be proven wrong, because I would love to see more players being able to compete with the best og the best.

atennisfan
07-05-2011, 11:02 AM
I think he would still have been #4, at best.

GOAT = Fed
07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
People have hyped this guy upto some sort of God status. I'm a Martin fan but come on people lets not put too much expectation on the guy. If I had to take a shot I'd say that had JMDP remained injury free he'd have made the final of the US Open 2010 (Beating Nadal in the semis) and would be exchanging #4 ranking with Murray throughout the season. He has the game to disrupt Nadal and Djokovic, however not Murray and Federer.

Certinfy
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
2 or 3. I think it's fair to say Djokovic would still be number 1 but I could see him being ahead of Federer and maybe even Nadal.

adam10
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
the same

SheepleBuster
07-05-2011, 02:57 PM

I doubt it. Del Po does have that potential. But he seems a bit one dimensional as in not having a plan B. He should have beaten Nadal at Wimbledon but ran out of ideas. He will still own Nadal on hard courts if he is healthy.

I am just not sure Del Po can stay healthy with his style of play

hipolymer
07-05-2011, 03:19 PM
If Del Po was never injured and Djokovic discovered his gluten allergy in 2008, then I believe neither Federer NOR Nadal would have career Grand Slams.

Federer would have come up against a peak Djokovic in 2009 FO, and Nadal would have never won the USO, losing to Del Po or Djokovic.

Of course, Todd Martin would have been a factor.

MIMIC
07-05-2011, 03:25 PM
I'd say he'd be either No. 3 or No. 4.

But who knows. Maybe he and Djokovic would be No. 1 and 2 :)

swisht4u
07-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Of the top 4 players, Nadal is most vulnerable to DelPo.

DelPo may even have a easier time with Nadal on hards than anyone, just a surface/matchup problem is what it is.

The time the USO comes around he should be in pretty good form, especially if he gets far in the HC masters beforehand. By then he should also be close to the top ten.

Just hoping for injuries to stay away for awhile.

ossie
07-05-2011, 03:58 PM
he would not have lost a single match on any surface

peribsen
07-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Where, oh where, tell me muses would Federer be if he hadn't been smiten with that vile virus?

Sing, oh Muse, of the glories of Borg if he hadn't retired...?

Speak, good bard, of the Fate of Nadal if he hadn't been injured in 2009?

..and all that... :music:

The Magician
07-05-2011, 08:03 PM
If Del Po was never injured and Djokovic discovered his gluten allergy in 2008, then I believe neither Federer NOR Nadal would have career Grand Slams.

Federer would have come up against a peak Djokovic in 2009 FO, and Nadal would have never won the USO, losing to Del Po or Djokovic.

Of course, Todd Martin would have been a factor.

You mean like at the FO 2011 where Federer beat peak Djokovic? Federer earned his career grand slam, making the finals of the french 3 times before winning and beating peak Del Potro in 5 and Soderling who had destroyed Nadull. Nadull on the other hand only made the final once at the AO and USO (both times winning) thanks to joke draws, the collapse of the rest of the top players, and the lack of surface diversity or variety in the modern game. In fact at the AO he's only made the SEMIFINAL once :o Even Agassi, who's career slam was probably the second biggest fluke and disgrace behind Nadull, made the Wimbledon final once and the FO final twice. Please don't compare the all surface GOAT Federer and the fluke Nadull :wavey:

SheepleBuster
07-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Of the top 4 players, Nadal is most vulnerable to DelPo.

DelPo may even have a easier time with Nadal on hards than anyone, just a surface/matchup problem is what it is.

The time the USO comes around he should be in pretty good form, especially if he gets far in the HC masters beforehand. By then he should also be close to the top ten.

Just hoping for injuries to stay away for awhile.

Nadal should not even be in top 4 if this era was not that gutless. Seriously. Nadal does one thing over and over and over again. If you got back forehand, he goes to it all day. If you got weak backhand, he goes to that all day. No change of plan, no creativity, nothing. That's actually the reason Del Po will own Rafa if he is healthy. Wherever Rafa goes, Del Po can just thrash him off the court. Only a medical time out like at Wimbledon might derail Del Po once in a while.

peribsen
07-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Nadal should not even be in top 4

This post is sooo deluded!! Seriously, do you even watch tennis now and then, or do you just follow the usual flock like you are doing right now? Baaaaaa, baaaaa!!

SheepleBuster
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
This post is sooo deluded!! Seriously, do you even watch tennis now and then, or do you just follow the usual flock like you are doing right now? Baaaaaa, baaaaa!!

You do know what I think of Rafa, no? Not only he should not be in top 4, he should not be playing tennis. Oh well. It's up to ATP and they are gutless.

peribsen
07-05-2011, 08:28 PM
You do know what I think of Rafa, no? Not only he should not be in top 4, he should not be playing tennis. Oh well. It's up to ATP and they are gutless.

Look, I've got no time for conspiracy theories. Your whole argument basically sums up to this "I'm in the know so, though I can't prove it, everyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong".

Fact is you hate Rafa and would prefer to see him out by using any argument or trick rather than by trying to stop him on a tennis court, with only a raquet in your hands.

Well, I'm sorry for you, but there's absolutely nothing you can do to get rid of his 10 slams or the place he has made for himself among the best in tennis history. Even now, I'd remind you that nobody seems to be able to keep him away from finals, let alone nr 4.

The only thing guys like you are showing off to the world are your bitterness and your incapacity for anything worthier than behaving like vultures when they smell blood.

Wonder what all of you will do when he gets his 11th.. 12th.. etc?

Have fun, vulture, enjoy your corpse while you can :wavey:

selyoink
07-05-2011, 10:06 PM
He would probably have 2-3 extra slams were it not for his injury. He would've defended his US Open title and probably won the French last year too. He probably takes the French this year as well with the US Open being a titanic battle against Djokovic for dominance of the tennis world. Clearly he would be ranked 1 or 2. Del Potro's injury has robbed him of a chance to win more majors then Fedmug, hopefully the history books will acknowledge this.

TopSpin08
07-06-2011, 07:23 AM
Where, oh where, tell me muses would Federer be if he hadn't been smiten with that vile virus?

Sing, oh Muse, of the glories of Borg if he hadn't retired...?

Speak, good bard, of the Fate of Nadal if he hadn't been injured in 2009?

..and all that... :music:

Nice one :worship:

I think we would have a Top 5 now.

atennisfan
07-06-2011, 08:18 AM
He would probably have 2-3 extra slams were it not for his injury. He would've defended his US Open title and probably won the French last year too. He probably takes the French this year as well with the US Open being a titanic battle against Djokovic for dominance of the tennis world. Clearly he would be ranked 1 or 2. Del Potro's injury has robbed him of a chance to win more majors then Fedmug, hopefully the history books will acknowledge this.

You are very good.

I seriously really cannot tell if you are being serious or sarcastic.

Sham Kay
07-18-2011, 03:10 PM
5th, a couple masters, no more slams.

Start da Game
08-06-2011, 01:48 PM
where do you see del potro going from now? his major injuries have now subsided and he's had some pretty decent results up to this point entering the top 20 again......i feel that he's had a good feel of things particularly at the french and wimbledon where he's lost to the two best players of the season djokovic and nadal respectively......

agreed that he's a had a couple of cheap losses lately but big tournaments often bring the best out of players who are mentally tough......could he cause a surprise or two in the north american series of hardcourt events?

remember that he's yet to win a masters 1000 title and he might mean some serious business at toronto and cincinnatti.......

with all the big four talk and people ignoring him every time even though he's a slam winner and murray's not, how long will it take for him to launch an assault of his own and announce his arrival to the tennis world again? he's surely too good to not win a slam again......

i for one don't think he's done yet......discuss......

LawrenceOfTennis
08-06-2011, 01:50 PM
My man Juan Martin climbed back very fast back to the top 20, but i think he won't have another 2009. If he'll be a top 10 player by the end of the year that's nice. Go Juan!

Stronga23
08-06-2011, 01:53 PM
My man Juan Martin climbed back very fast back to the top 20, but i think he won't have another 2009. If he'll be a top 10 player by the end of the year that's nice. Go Juan!

When is a Monfils-DelPo match going to happen i have been waiting for years and want to see the two guys with the hardest forehands in the game go at it :)

Nadull_tard
08-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Losing a straight setter to Gulbis means Del Potro didn't even reach the 1.0 version of himself, so cease this shit.

Certinfy
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Depends how he plays these next 2 weeks, if he plays well then we could see him going far at the US Open. But he's shown us this year he's got the game to get a few big wins (as well as some disgusting losses) so it'll be interesting, I can see him playing well the next month or so for sure though.

romismak
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
HE seems better few months back - SF in IW, than decent clay season, last time he was ,,teached,, lesson by Gulbis. so don´t have big expectations right now, but agree that if he will end year in top 10, or 11, 12th would be nice, and next season will be getting better draws, climbing ranking and 2012 will be his ,,comeback,, season

Start da Game
08-06-2011, 03:03 PM
wow, i make a thread about del potro's return and his future prospects beginning from the toronto masters and some highly intellectual moderator saw something wrong with it and merged the thread with a thread titled "What do you think where Del Potro'd have been by now without injury? "

not only that, you steal my poll and add it to this totally different thread?

i would love to see the explanation here because this thread asks posters to judge where del potro would have been by now.......

is my thread even remotely related to this crap?

Orka_n
08-06-2011, 03:24 PM
wow, i make a thread about del potro's return and his future prospects beginning from the toronto masters and some highly intellectual moderator saw something wrong with it and merged the thread with a thread titled "What do you think where Del Potro'd have been by now without injury? "

i would love to see the explanation here because this thread asks posters to judge where del potro would have been by now.......

is my thread even remotely related to this crap?It's probably because you're a Nadal fan... they get systematically mistreated by the moderating staff here... Listen, if I was a Rafafan I know I'd leave this place immediately for sure...

swisht4u
08-06-2011, 03:25 PM

is my thread even remotely related to this crap?

My post doesn't really apply to the new title, I would have a different reply for that.

Yep, this is a different subject, not very related.
Delete the thread and make a new one SDG, I like to read the posts in order at times to get the 'feel' of the general outlook posters have.

LawrenceOfTennis
08-06-2011, 03:28 PM
It's probably because you're a Nadal fan... they get systematically mistreated by the moderating staff here... Listen, if I was a Rafafan I know I'd leave this place immediately for sure...

:facepalm:
shame that only djokovic fans have the support up here

Start da Game
08-06-2011, 03:29 PM
My post doesn't really apply to the new title, I would have a different reply for that.

Yep, this is a different subject, not very related.
Delete the thread and make a new one SDG, I like to read the posts in order at times to get the 'feel' of the general outlook posters have.

yes i read your post too and yes it doesn't fit here, swish......i am lost for words here because this is a shocking thread merge.......i am sure regular moderators would never commit blunders like this.......something went wrong.......so whoever it was please de-merge it......it's a different topic altogether......

thanks......

swisht4u
08-06-2011, 03:32 PM
yes i read your post too and yes it doesn't fit here, swish......i am lost for words here because this is a shocking thread merge.......i am sure regular moderators would never commit blunders like this.......something went wrong.......so whoever it was please de-merge it......it's a different topic altogether......

thanks......

Probably a mistake, it happens.

Don't worry about it. :)

Gagsquet
08-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Stop Start Da game persecution for God's sake !!! :mad: :mad:
He is one of the best posters of this board :mad: He deserves the respect !!
You killed his thread you fools!

Nadull_tard
08-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Agreed, you should restore Stard da Game's thread, otherwise he could leave this forum for ever what would be a irrecoverable loss.

SetSampras
08-06-2011, 03:51 PM
I dunno.. Even when the guy was healthy was inconsistent as shit.. So who knows. Look at his AO run and that pouncing by Fed.. Then look at his USO run destroying Nadal and beating Fed back to back.. The guy is just another bi-polar nut job. Healthy or not.

He has the talent to dominate overrall but he won't

philosophicalarf
08-06-2011, 04:14 PM
Given his last charge to the US OPen, you'd expect he'll need to win a few events to get the confidence up, really push top guys at the latter ends of slams.

In 2009 he had that Montreal run, and almost beat Murray in the final. The masters should give us some idea.

swisht4u
08-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Regardless of what anyone says, DelPo is one player the top players respect.
He can take anyone down at anytime.

Even the match were DelPo was not near his best he gave Djokovic a very good challenge and took a set. In that match however he seemed to tire in the last 2 sets.

With the recent injury he backslid some. Against Blake he didn't look to good, a little slow and it continued against Gulbis. He probably didn't practice much since he had the injury.

Now he has Djokovic in the third round so doubtful he'll get by him and will have to get court time with practice only.

DelPo's at a great age for tennis. He has a lot to work on though.

The forhand isn't there with pace or placement yet.
The movement looks a little off at times.
The court speed is not where it was either.
Endurance seems to be lacking.

So there's a lot of areas to work on, some of them can be fixed quickly.

He may surprise with a few upsets. One thing for certain is he adds to the suspense of the game and many want to see if he can deliver.

Nadull_tard
08-06-2011, 09:00 PM
I believe the clash against Djoković in Montreal will give us some answers.

Dini
08-06-2011, 09:14 PM
He showed more than enough in his matches against Djokovic and Nadal to show that he still has it in there to take out the big names. What impressed me the most, in the Nadal match particularly, was that he came in with a plan and showed variety he had previously shown very little of. Regularly came in to great effect. (On his worst surface mind you.)

He requires more consistency but playing a lot of matches as he's doing now helps. A loss against Gulbis doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

Egreen
08-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Next year could be a great year for him. 24 is the best age for players. Look at Nadal in 2010 and Nole this year.

rocketassist
08-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Nah.