IW QF: Djokovic def. Gasquet 6-2 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW QF: Djokovic def. Gasquet 6-2 6-4

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 07:46 PM
Nole was playing at 20% and Gasquet was still helpless . Don't know what he was trying with staying 3 meters behind baseline and moonbaling on the the service line . Shame that God waste such a BH on this guy

rubbERR
03-18-2011, 07:47 PM
Nole was playing 100% -.-

Cut the fantasy off your writings

zlaja777
A f'king machine.

MIMIC
Gasquet was so far behind the baseline. Oracene would have given him an earful :)

Djoker too good :cool:

Yazoo.C
03-18-2011, 07:48 PM
:worship:

abraxas21
Nole was playing at 20%

:retard:

nole played relatively bad at the beggining of each set but his performance for most of the match was top-notch for his own standards. all in all, the match was always in djokomug's racquet.

Iván
I think its fair to say Novak is playing the best tennis of his career at the momment

Rafa and roger better watch out here and in miami, novak should sweep them both.

Flickers of brilliance from gasman, good to see him back playing to his potential.

theKSHE
03-18-2011, 07:49 PM
20%? Funniest thing ever said in MTF... Jeez...

ZaZoo)
03-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Nole :hug: :worship:, but serve better plz! :p

Blackbriar
I think Gasquet made a good fight, he won as much games as his 3 predecessors and he made some good winners. great week overall for Ritchie.

Vlad1980
Both did not play their best.. but Novak outclassed Richard overall.

Arkulari
Richie played well but his breaks came more due to Nole's UEs than his own good points (though there were some really fantastic points in the match)

Nole is simply a machine right now, he'll beat Rafa in the final.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2765/nolerichieiw11.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/nolerichieiw11.jpg/)

tektonac
03-18-2011, 07:51 PM
11 am match start is never good for Novak's tennis.

GSMnadal
No bagel? That 20% thing must be correct then, no one can take a game of the real #1 :rolleyes:

Please, it's time for Nadal to put this guy back in his place.

nsidhan
Nole gonna bring his A game tomorrow against some SWISS guy.

DrJules
Gasquet was so far behind the baseline. Oracene would have given him an earful :)

Djoker too good :cool:

Oracene Williams would not be seen at Indian Wells ever since the crowd failed to worship her vile daughters.:haha::rolls:

Voo de Mar
03-18-2011, 07:52 PM
I expected more fro Gasquet, actually he was playing good tennis in both sets until 2:0 and 3:0 respectively. Since the total self-destruction :spit:

silverwhite
:retard:

nole played relatively bad at the beggining of each set but his performance for most of the match was top-notch for his own standards. all in all, the match was always in djokomug's racquet.

Agreed. 20% perhaps for the 1st few games of each set, then 80% for thereafter

nsidhan
No bagel? That 20% thing must be correct then, no one can take a game of the real #1 :rolleyes:

Please, it's time for Nadal to put this guy back in his place.

If the last 2 matches are any indication Rafa is not playing well enough to beat Djoker.

Lee
03-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Nole was playing 20

In the first 3 games in second set.

ssin
03-18-2011, 07:53 PM
Nole didn't serve well but he is too god for Richie ATM. Richie did try, and oh that backhand is sooo great to behold. Hopefully he will get into top 10 again, I love to watch Richies game, he moves well and has great imagination. Pity he wasted much of his huge talent.

Overall, it was fun :D

DrJules
03-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Richie played well but his breaks came more due to Nole's UEs than his own good points (though there were some really fantastic points in the match)

Nole is simply a machine right now, he'll beat Rafa in the final.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2765/nolerichieiw11.jpg (http://img64.imageshack.us/i/nolerichieiw11.jpg/)

Djokovic hit more winners than unforced errors.

abraxas21
I expected more fro Gasquet, actually he was playing good tennis in both sets until 2:0 and 3:0 respectively. Since the total self-destruction :spit:

gasquet only managed to get those leads coz djokomug was playing relatively bad. when djokovic quickly improved in both sets, the score began to change.

the match was always in the serbian's racquet.

Nadull_tard
Gasquet wasn't that bad, he made some decent bh strokes, and played really good at the beginning of both sets, he wasn't too passive either, in fact he was trying to mix the game up, especially in initial games.
Djokovic is very solid, but Federer should easily grab a set IMO because Nole seems vulnerable in day session and is having couple of really bad moments.

Corey Feldman
03-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Gasquet was in control of that match

silverwhite
03-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Oracene Williams would not be seen at Indian Wells ever since the crowd failed to worship her vile daughters.:haha::rolls:

Sorry, but WHAT? Even if you dislike the Williams sisters, they were definitely the victims of unjustified behaviour from the IW crowd

duong
03-18-2011, 07:56 PM
20%? Funniest thing ever said in MTF... Jeez...

:cuckoo:

Nole was great against a very good Gasquet, apart from the beginning of second set (what happened ? still could not breathe ?)

He had to play much more than in previous matches.

When you see him like that, you think that if his physique (his main weakness) holds on, there will be a huge battle against Nadal, esp on clay - on hardcourts Djokovic is better even though I'm sure their match here would look like clay :lol: and as the final is in the afternoon, Nadal can hope to destroy him physically :lol:

I just hope that if he reaches the SF, Fed wins more than Gasquet's 6 games :lol:

Maybe if Fed had not played doubles, he would have had one chance out of 10, but playing doubles as well, he has zero chance since it's a too physical challenge for him now.

Maybe Wawrinka would have more chance as maybe with his great physique, he could cut Djokovic out of breathe as Djokovic was in the beginning of second set ;) : quite often Wawrinka-Djokovic matches have been soporific long rallies matches with very few winners :lol:

cocrcici
03-18-2011, 07:57 PM

+1

silverwhite
03-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Perhaps it was part of the plan. Spot-on tactics from Nole gifting leads to an opponent allergic to them :worship:

ssin
03-18-2011, 07:58 PM
and it always bears repeating: Nole hates sun :D

DrJules
03-18-2011, 07:59 PM

Pointless being in charge if you lose.

Nadull_tard
03-18-2011, 07:59 PM
People are completely overrating doubles effort. Fed plays doubles instead of training session, it won't affect his physics.

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 08:00 PM
First of all that was compliment to Djokovic with 20% . Even when he is plying poor is able to routinized other guys . And second don't know am I stupid or somebody else is with this statement about good match from Gasquet ? Maybe he even played a good match if he wanted to play on this way , but the tactics were completely wrong . He meant give a trouble to the " hottest " player on the tour playing near the service line judges ???

Arkulari
03-18-2011, 08:00 PM
Djokovic hit more winners than unforced errors.

Equal if you take out the aces ;)
But yeah, his stats were better than Richie's

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 08:01 PM
He gave everything he had in store but Nole is just too good. Obviously, everytime the rallyes were on BH it was even, and everytime Nole blocked Ritchie on FH side, he won the point. Ritchie made not so many mistakes, except end of first set. Damn, if only he had a better FH, he would be great!!

duong

it always depended much more on Djokovic than on Gasquet : if Djokovic could avoid the errors, he outmanoeuvered and exhausted Gasquet quite easily.

Gasquet could have avoided that bad drop shot on break point in second set though :lol: and maybe a few points here and there.

But the best player won comfortably.

alter ego
Nole was playing at 20% and Gasquet was still helpless . Don't know what he was trying with staying 3 meters behind baseline and moonbaling on the the service line . Shame that God waste such a BH on this guy

Show some respect clown. Gasquet worked thousands of hours on his BH while you were home eating chips and posting mug texts on MTF.

Lleyton_
03-18-2011, 08:02 PM
6 games? :eek: Gasquet is ready to win a slam.

DrJules
03-18-2011, 08:02 PM
:cuckoo:

Nole was great against a very good Gasquet, apart from the beginning of second set (what happened ? still could not breathe ?)

He had to play much more than in previous matches.

When you see him like that, you think that if his physique (his main weakness) holds on, there will be a huge battle against Nadal, esp on clay - on hardcourts Djokovic is better even though I'm sure their match here would look like clay :lol: and as the final is in the afternoon, Nadal can hope to destroy him physically :lol:

I just hope that if he reaches the SF, Fed wins more than Gasquet's 6 games :lol:

Maybe if Fed had not played doubles, he would have had one chance out of 10, but playing doubles as well, he has zero chance since it's a too physical challenge for him now.

Maybe Wawrinka would have more chance as maybe with his great physique, he could cut Djokovic out of breathe as Djokovic was in the beginning of second set ;) : quite often Wawrinka-Djokovic matches have been soporific long rallies matches with very few winners :lol:

Hopefully that happens, but I do not have that optimism that Djokovic can be defeated.

duong
03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
First of all that was compliment to Djokovic with 20% . Even when he is plying poor is able to routinized other guys .

whether it was compliment or not, it was stupid :shrug:

He meant give a trouble to the " hottest " player on the tour playing near the service line judges ???

it worked for a while : Djokovic can still be error prone.

And Gasquet is not a player to hit-and-miss, even more on these slow courts.

Surely Fed would play much more aggressive, but everyone plays his way.

rocketassist
03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Bad match to watch. Djoko more solid, but everytime Gasquet tried to hit a winner the net bulged. Shocking stuff.

nsidhan
03-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Non-technically Nole served up a bagel and breadstick when he won 6 games straight in the 1st and 6 of 7 games in the 2nd.

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Show some respect clown. Gasquet worked thousands of hours on his BH while you were home eating chips and posting mug texts on MTF.

I have enough battles on MTF for today and I am really tired but if you want we can start the last round

duong
03-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Hopefully that happens, but I do not have that optimism that Djokovic can be defeated.

my "optimism" is a small chance for Nadal, and a very little chance for Wawrinka :lol:

NikolaBGD
03-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Djokomug, again 6-0 6-1, but after giving some games on the begining of each sets :)

Retire Djokomug...

DrJules
03-18-2011, 08:07 PM
it always depended much more on Djokovic than on Gasquet : if Djokovic could avoid the errors, he outmanoeuvered and exhausted Gasquet quite easily.

Gasquet could have avoided that bad drop shot on break point in second set though :lol: and maybe a few points here and there.

But the best player won comfortably.

Physically Djokovic is so much fitter and in better condition than Gasquet which in a physical sport such as tennis is very important.

Djokovic's major change from the past this year is a major improvement in physical condition and fitness.

Snowwy
03-18-2011, 08:07 PM

:lol:

duong
03-18-2011, 08:08 PM
People are completely overrating doubles effort. Fed plays doubles instead of training session, it won't affect his physics.

it's hot here and the old man doesn't have Djokovic's physique and rhythm :shrug:

Branimir
03-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Still Nadal can hurt Nole very much. Nole's serve was again... very average.

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 08:09 PM

why was stupid ?? Nole played poor match for this year standards and this is the fact

agree with second statement but he wasn't changed anything when he saw that this tactic doesn't work . maybe I expected too much from Gasquet but you can't say that this is the right tactic to beat djokovic at the moment

duong
03-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Djokovic's major change from the past this year is a major improvement in physical condition and fitness.

yet these first 3 games of second set still raise the physical question imo, esp in day hot conditions :

the game is very physical against Nadal

Nole fan
03-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Gasquet is a very good player, sometimes exquisite, but very inconsistent due to his weak mentality. As the commentators said, it was like watching the White Swan vs Black Swan (if you've seen the movie you'll understand), obviously I don't need to tell you who is each.

Gasquet started very strong at the beginning of the first set while Nole was a bit asleep (usual in him in morning matches, he always has slow starts) but Djoko knows he's unbeatable right now and that confidence was enough for him to turn the score around and cruised from there to win the first set quite comfortably with very high quality tennis. Usual also for him, he started the second set very sloppy, giving away three games with inexplicable unforced errors. In the first set he had only 10 UEs and in the three first games of the second he had already the same amount. But he also hit a lot of winners, many more than in any previous match. Actually he hit 28 winners and 17 of them were forehand winners. Great stats for him. :)

Once he overcame his funk, he was in control of the match again. It never looked like Gasquet could win this match, even when he was 2-0 in the first and 3-0 in the second. When Nole put his working uniform he was very solid again and Gasquet just gave up. Overall great tennis from Novak in the first set and second half of the second. Gasquet was good, he did what he could. But he's a White Swan.

silverwhite
03-18-2011, 08:13 PM

Agreed. Gasquet wasn't merely pushing. He threw Novak some high balls which troubled him a little. Problem is that he didn't mix that up with enough aggressive play. Should have gone to the net more. 9/13 is very decent

Lee
03-18-2011, 08:13 PM
yet these first 3 games of second set still raise the physical question imo, esp in day hot conditions :

the game is very physical against Nadal

I don't think that 3 games are physical problem. He had trainer re-tape his left knee at the change over and then he was back to normal

Nole Rules
03-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Gasquet is so damn talented. Shame that he is just another Nalbandian.:sad:

Nole fan
03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Also it should be noted that Djokovic's first serve stat was very low in this match, hence the little difficulties he had in the match.
But when his serve got in, he won the points very comfortably. This same Djokovic on a different day with his serve clicking would have served more bagels.

Johnny Groove
03-18-2011, 08:17 PM
My thoughts on this match.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/ATP-INDIAN-WELLS---Novak-Djokovic-gets-through-a-game-Richard-Gasquet-articolo364.html

duong
03-18-2011, 08:18 PM
I don't think that 3 games are physical problem. He had trainer re-tape his left knee at the change over and then he was back to normal

can what he has on his knee trouble him so much ? he looked out of breathe to me.

And the 4th game after that was not good either, his serve Gasquet helped him in that game

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Awful match.

Expected result.

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Someone should've told him to work on his forehand as well.

DrJules
03-18-2011, 08:23 PM
Gasquet is a very good player, sometimes exquisite, but very inconsistent due to his weak mentality. As the commentators said, it was like watching the White Swan vs Black Swan (if you've seen the movie you'll understand), obviously I don't need to tell you who is each.

Gasquet started very strong at the beginning of the first set while Nole was a bit asleep (usual in him in morning matches, he always has slow starts) but Djoko knows he's unbeatable right now and that confidence was enough for him to turn the score around and cruised from there to win the first set quite comfortably with very high quality tennis. Usual also for him, he started the second set very sloppy, giving away three games with inexplicable unforced errors. In the first set he had only 10 UEs and in the three first games of the second he had already the same amount. But he also hit a lot of winners, many more than in any previous match. Actually he hit 28 winners and 17 of them were forehand winners. Great stats for him. :)

Once he overcame his funk, he was in control of the match again. It never looked like Gasquet could win this match, even when he was 2-0 in the first and 3-0 in the second. When Nole put his working uniform he was very solid again and Gasquet just gave up. Overall great tennis from Novak in the first set and second half of the second. Gasquet was good, he did what he could. But he's a White Swan.

A rather big claim for somebody who is not number 1 "yet".

Marc23
03-18-2011, 08:24 PM
He didn't play particularly well today!

duong
03-18-2011, 08:29 PM

apart from the few games he lost, I was very impressed and I think he had to play better than previous days where he had no real opposition, players who gave up more quickly than Gasquet who is actually in a great form.

Lee
03-18-2011, 08:33 PM
My thoughts on this match.

http://www.tennisworldusa.org/ATP-INDIAN-WELLS---Novak-Djokovic-gets-through-a-game-Richard-Gasquet-articolo364.html

:yeah: Jon

can what he has on his knee trouble him so much ? he looked out of breathe to me.

And the 4th game after that was not good either, his serve Gasquet helped him in that game

Tension! He always looks out of breathe when he struggles in his games. He tightens up and has hard time breathing.

KaiserT
03-18-2011, 08:33 PM
What a surprise, Gasquet totally ineffective against a top player who can keep the ball in court. He will never challenge for anything of significance.

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 08:34 PM

ahah, what an un-intelligent comment. just because Gasquet played good tennis and was able to resist much more than Troicki the fag, you consider Djokovic played a bad match. :silly:

finishingmove
03-18-2011, 08:34 PM
Someone should've told him to work on his forehand as well.

and eat some chips

good stuff from nole here

not sure if he can take the title though

Nole fan
03-18-2011, 08:40 PM
ahah, what an un-intelligent comment. just because Gasquet played good tennis and was able to resist much more than Troicki the fag, you consider Djokovic played a bad match. :silly:

I agree with you. Nole played a very good first set with better tennis in my opinion than his last three matches he won so comfortably. He dropped his level considerably in the first three games of the second, but overall it was a good peformance from him. It's just that people expect him to serve bagels every time, so if he doesn't automatically they think he had not played well. :lol:
And Gasquet is no mug, that's for sure. He also played a fantastic tournament with a very good game and winning easily up until then. I really like Gasquet's game, it's just a shame that he's so inconsistent and mentally weak.

ssin
03-18-2011, 08:41 PM
Good serve is essential for Djokovic. war of attrition is not his preferred game. He didn't serve well today, and in that sense he was not at his best, although he had great moments. He knows, when he serves well he feels well, today he struggled a bit. If he fails to serve out, Nadal with his supernatural will to win will still have a good chance if those two meet in the final. Of course, Fed can beat Nole, maybe he feels desire to make a statement there, it's time.

KaiserT
03-18-2011, 08:43 PM
I agree with you. Nole played a very good first set with better tennis in my opinion than his last three matches he won so comfortably. He dropped his level considerably in the first three games of the second, but overall it was a good peformance from him. It's just that people expect him to serve bagels every time, so if he doesn't automatically they think he had not played well. :lol:
And Gasquet is no mug, that's for sure. He also played a fantastic tournament with a very good game and winning easily up until then. I really like Gasquet's game, it's just a shame that he's so inconsistent and mentally weak.

Even if he was consistent he wouldn't hurt the top players standing a mile behind the baseline. Like he plans to outlast them or something :lol: Completely ineffective.

DrJules
03-18-2011, 08:46 PM

Gasquet physically falls short of the level to compete among the best as well.

KaiserT
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM

Which makes his determination to play the most physically taxing style he possibly can (on return and in general rallies) all the more ingenious :lol:

Sillyrabbit
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM
and eat some chips

good stuff from nole here

not sure if he can take the title though

Why? Or are you just setting your expectations low? There's no other person playing better than him right now

Puschkin
03-18-2011, 08:51 PM
So Richard lost today because he is physically aand mentally weak, not because Novak played well, particularly on ROS and is bathing in confidence. Sometimes I really wonder if people watch matches or just repeat stuff they read five years ago in newspapers.

Nole fan
03-18-2011, 08:52 PM
I don't really understand why Gasquet plays 3 m behind the line. What does he expect to achieve with that? :scratch:
I also think Djokovic was a bit confused with Gasquet playing all those short balls, he couldn't find the rhythm sometimes.
But I must say I was very happy to see his improvement with the dropshots. He made some really good ones.

DrJules
03-18-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't really understand why Gasquet plays 3 m behind the line. What does he expect to achieve with that? :scratch:
I also think Djokovic was a bit confused with Gasquet playing all those short balls, he couldn't find the rhythm sometimes.
But I must say I was very happy to see his improvement with the dropshots. He made some really good ones.

Drop shots always a good choice against Gasquet.

Filo V.
03-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Predictable match and scoreline.

scarecrows
03-18-2011, 09:06 PM
Predictable match and scoreline.

I predicted 6-3 6-2 :(

KaiserT
03-18-2011, 09:09 PM
So Richard lost today because he is physically aand mentally weak, not because Novak played well, particularly on ROS and is bathing in confidence. Sometimes I really wonder if people watch matches or just repeat stuff they read five years ago in newspapers.

He has chosen to develop a style that allows him the most time on the ball and the ability to keep unforced errors pretty low....... but a style that can't really hurt top players unless they are having a very bad day and giving up cheap errors, this style of play is also physically gruelling and it is fair to say that Gasquet's fitness still isn't as good as most of the top guys.

So, no he didn't lose today because of physical and mental weakness, but he never had a chance to win because of his tactical choices (mental) combined with inferior physical strength.

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Gasquet lost to Federer and Djokovic his last 2 matches. Ok, that means 3 guys are clearly better than him, but he can probably challenge anyone else now (look Soderling, Roddick, Berdych this week). People just wait for him to lose against the top guys, then they call him mug. lame.

fast_clay
03-18-2011, 09:18 PM
sounds like gasquet is still representing the white part of the french flag

KaiserT
03-18-2011, 09:20 PM
Gasquet lost to Federer and Djokovic his last 2 matches. Ok, that means 3 guys are clearly better than him, but he can probably challenge anyone else now (look Soderling, Roddick, Berdych this week). People just wait for him to lose against the top guys, then they call him mug. lame.

Do you think Gasquet's tactical approach has been the best to maximise his talent?

Voo de Mar
03-18-2011, 09:22 PM

:lol:

oranges
03-18-2011, 09:25 PM
Do you think Gasquet's tactical approach has been the best to maximise his talent?

No, but you're behaving as if the only thing he's doing is standing miles behind the baseline and retrieving, which is galaxies more further from the truth than him tactically maximizing his potential. By the way you depict his game, I'm surprised he's not doing worse than Somdev since his movement is not as good.

Puschkin
03-18-2011, 09:25 PM
So, no he didn't lose today because of physical and mental weakness, but he never had a chance to win because of his tactical choices (mental) combined with inferior physical strength.
I get your point now. I would not have considered tactics as a mental issue.

vn01
03-18-2011, 09:29 PM
Djokovic played well in the 1st set. In the 2nd Gasquet troubled him by taking a 3-0 lead, but Nole showed championship behaviour and won this in 2. He can play much better and he has to do it against Federer in the semifinals

ImmzB
03-18-2011, 09:37 PM
Gasquet! :sad:

Good week for him! :yeah:

Miami next! :)

KaiserT
No, but you're behaving as if the only thing he's doing is standing miles behind the baseline and retrieving, which is galaxies more further from the truth than him tactically maximizing his potential. By the way you depict his game, I'm surprised he's not doing worse than Somdev since his movement is not as good.

Evidently he has far more to his game than someone like Somdev, he obviously has great variety and can hit glorious shots, and play some beautiful points coming forward. But still, he can't do damage against a top player playing well playing the majority of his tennis from a mile behind the baseline. It's his mentality, he naturally retreats deeper and deeper in the court and takes away any potency he has.

His talent is beyond question but his tactical mentality is awful.

finishingmove
Why? Or are you just setting your expectations low? There's no other person playing better than him right now

it's gonna be a different setting once he gets to play nadal

nadal gets pumped up for these important matches

look at his record in finals, and look at his h2h vs rivals.

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 09:44 PM

Once a french, always a french :)

ZaZoo)
03-18-2011, 09:50 PM

He's certainly not a mug, can hit a good serve, excellent BH, good volleys, FH not that great but not that bad either. It's stamina and mental power that he most lacks.

Johnny Groove
03-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Gasquet is good at net, won a nice % of the points when he did close the net, but he rarely comes in.

at the Top /\
03-18-2011, 09:53 PM
Yeah,Richie lacks no beaty on that bh of his.Efectivness included.

But what about that loopy fh.Disasterous shot.Watching it swinging,is pure horror for the eyes.

Certinfy
03-18-2011, 09:56 PM
True, he would of easily beaten Murray, Soderling, Ferrer and Berdych this week had all of them played the way they did in the match they lost :o

DrJules
03-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Gasquet is good at net, won a nice % of the points when he did close the net, but he rarely comes in.

Another reason Gasquet should not stay so far back.

Vida
03-18-2011, 09:59 PM
one must wonder how much of gasquets inconsistency is down to 'pure' mentality and how much of it has to do with lack of weapons, or game :shrug:

anyway, its hard imagining him as a world beater with so little to back it up (forehand, serve, defense...), but than again he really should do better with what he's got, and there are some. I mean so many matches he lost he 'actually' should have won. in the end its 50-50 in his case, and you could argue he was unfortunate.

still, none of it matters to nole
:bowdown:

silverwhite
03-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Evidently he has far more to his game than someone like Somdev, he obviously has great variety and can hit glorious shots, and play some beautiful points coming forward. But still, he can't do damage against a top player playing well playing the majority of his tennis from a mile behind the baseline. It's his mentality, he naturally retreats deeper and deeper in the court and takes away any potency he has.

His talent is beyond question but his tactical mentality is awful.

It's so easy to sit back and criticise. He is hindered by a combination of his loopy strokes requiring more time for him to set up and the difficulty he faces in stepping out of his comfort zone to take risks, rather than simple tactical choices

Vida
03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Another reason Gasquet should not stay so far back.

hm, vs this nole, had he not been 'so far back' it wouldve been dbl bagel.

its like TV guys moaning all the time - why, on earth, does a player play 'so far back'...
cause the guy over the net man.

I mean, what you gonna do :shrug:

fast_clay
03-18-2011, 10:10 PM
He's certainly not a mug, can hit a good serve, excellent BH, good volleys, FH not that great but not that bad either. It's stamina and mental power that he most lacks.

you're right... he'd benefit from a couple of consultations with dr fuentes... get him on a program... the mental part tho...? hmm... maybe he can move to quebec and pretend he's canuck... gotta purge that gallic culture of mediocrity he was born into...

poor bastard...

Lee
03-18-2011, 10:13 PM
you're right... he'd benefit from a couple of consultations with dr fuentes... get him on a program... the mental part tho...? hmm... maybe he can move to quebec and pretend he's canuck... gotta purge that gallic culture of mediocrity he was born into...

poor bastard...

:secret: there are canadiens/quebecois but no canucks in Quebec :p

nole_no1
03-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Well done :worship:
He'll kill Fed tommorow :rocker2:

DrJules
03-18-2011, 10:28 PM
hm, vs this nole, had he not been 'so far back' it wouldve been dbl bagel.

its like TV guys moaning all the time - why, on earth, does a player play 'so far back'...
cause the guy over the net man.

I mean, what you gonna do :shrug:

Gasquet always plays that far back whoever he plays.

Actually he was nearer the baseline today than he often plays, but still far too deep.

viruzzz
03-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Gasquet is a choker.

yuri27
03-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Gasquet has two well known big problems: his fitness and obviously his (atrocious) rally FH.

People often wonder why he chooses to stay so far from the baseline: i think the answer lays in his FH.
He perfectly knows that if he chose to stay near the baseline, he would make tons of UEs with his FH because of its poor technique.
It's very very hard to take the ball early EFFICIENTLY with such a poor technique.
Have we ever seen such a difference beetween a FH and a BH in a player,especially in BH's favor??
I can't remember.
Gasquet must be one of the only players in history who hits the ball consistently harder and longer with his BH than with his FH.....and to make it even more unbelievable,it's a one-handed BH!

ossie
03-18-2011, 11:39 PM
gascoke never knew what hit him.

yuri27
03-18-2011, 11:41 PM
Gasquet is a choker.

So he lost to Djokovic because he choked??:worship:

yuri27
03-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah,Richie lacks no beaty on that bh of his.Efectivness included.

But what about that loopy fh.Disasterous shot.Watching it swinging,is pure horror for the eyes.

I think that Djokovic had something like 18 FH winners comparing to 3 for Gasquet(who had 16 winners in total)......that says a lot of things.

paseo
03-18-2011, 11:48 PM
What a mental midget, this Gasquet.

oranges
03-19-2011, 12:02 AM
What a mental midget, this Gasquet.

I swear there must be bots posting on this forum, there's no other explanation. :lol: Why exactly was he a mental midget today, I'm really curious?

fast_clay
03-19-2011, 12:03 AM
:secret: there are canadiens/quebecois but no canucks in Quebec :p

yeah well... quebec is it then, no...? he can speak french at home, but trick the world by telling everyone he's all maple leaf...:p:D

pascal'rG
03-19-2011, 12:25 AM
gasquet did better than the three previous opponent of djokovic together and he's a loser and a mental widget ??
Lol.
Sure he had chances in the beginning of each sets but in the end djokovic who is in a "momentum" was too good and gasquet couldn't keep the energy level he has to have to trouble djokovic for an all set.
But that's normal he's just recovering his form now and has a lot to work on.
But he certainly not as a "mental midget" as all the others djokovic's opponent because he really try the best and did not lend the win to the serbian.
It was a good match from gasquet but he didn't find the way to trouble djokovic with his serve and that was difficult to hold the serve.

paseo
03-19-2011, 12:38 AM
I swear there must be bots posting on this forum, there's no other explanation. :lol: Why exactly was he a mental midget today, I'm really curious?

I just felt like saying it. Reason/explanation/logic/sense are for pussies. THIS.... IS..... MTF!!!

Tone
03-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Djokovic

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5900/e40c7a29a127f4b2a22a86f.jpg

River
03-19-2011, 04:55 AM
Djokovic

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/5900/e40c7a29a127f4b2a22a86f.jpg

:)

:worship:

Just for that.. KICK FEDERER'S ASS! JOKERS ARE WILD, BABY!

Ouragan
03-19-2011, 05:07 AM
No wonder Joker scored so many winners with Gasquet giving up systematically at the end of rallyes.

Ouragan
03-19-2011, 05:11 AM

Well said. At 2-0 in the first set he went to the net a couple of times to save BPs and absolutely rocked those volleys. Dude has potential, Grosjean now has to tap it.

sergiodc
03-19-2011, 05:14 AM
Gasquet choked big time! and his serve sucks. Nole playing at fifty per cent, won easily anyway

River
03-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Gasquet choked big time! and his serve sucks. Nole playing at fifty per cent, won easily anyway

How could he choke when he didn't even have any lead to swallow?

Gasquet was out of this match from the beginning.

He did serve his purpose and destroyed Joker's bagel streak. Voo's eerie prediction failed as well ><

Puschkin
03-19-2011, 07:48 AM
I just felt like saying it. Reason/explanation/logic/sense are for pussies. THIS.... IS..... MTF!!!
There is a thin line between being funny and ridiculous.

Blackbriar
03-19-2011, 09:54 AM
I think a part of the haters here where those who despise Gasquet the rest of the year but hoped for a upset because they hate Djokovic. I only care about Gasquet, and i don't care about the rest. He did far better than anyone against the best of the best today, and it's all that matters to me.

paseo
03-19-2011, 10:44 AM
There is a thin line between being funny and ridiculous.

I was trying to be as ridiculous as I can be. But, if you find it funny...

Pucho
03-19-2011, 11:21 AM
Out of last 48 sets he played, Djokovic won 45 and lost 3!!! :worship:

This is just... unreal! :eek:

yuri27
03-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I think a part of the haters here where those who despise Gasquet the rest of the year but hoped for a upset because they hate Djokovic. I only care about Gasquet, and i don't care about the rest. He did far better than anyone against the best of the best today, and it's all that matters to me.

He did far better than Gulbis and Troicki....:o
Wow it speaks volume to his declining that now,people are happy when he does better than those joke players.
To think that few years ago,people were wondering when he would win his first big title and when he would make the top 5.

Cloudygirl
03-19-2011, 03:40 PM
He did far better than Gulbis and Troicki....:o
Wow it speaks volume to his declining that now,people are happy when he does better than those joke players.
To think that few years ago,people were wondering when he would win his first big title and when he would make the top 5.

god this post is so utterly stupid I don't know where to start

yuri27
03-19-2011, 04:24 PM
god this post is so utterly stupid I don't know where to start

What is stupid in what i said??
Look, few years ago(when he was ONLY 19-20), he used to regularly trouble the top players,even a Federer at his peak(he regularly took sets from him back then).
Now people(including Gasquet himself,it seems) are almost in moon to just see him taking more than 6-7 games against the top players.......
Those are intelligible facts.

oranges
03-19-2011, 06:04 PM
classic richie21 :lol:

Blackbriar
03-19-2011, 08:08 PM
Look, few years ago(when he was ONLY 19-20), he used to regularly trouble the top players,even a Federer at his peak(he regularly took sets from him back then).
Now people(including Gasquet himself,it seems) are almost in moon to just see him taking more than 6-7 games against the top players.......

It must terrible to watch the french media darlings Tsonga and Monfils getting busted and ridiculed every week and seeing Gasquet getting higher and higher in the ranking no? Don't you want to cry?

Cloudygirl
03-19-2011, 09:27 PM

We love you Richie 21.

Richard hasn't played Federer on grass or clay since 2007 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nole fan
03-20-2011, 02:37 AM
I hope Gasquet finds a way to get in the Top 10, he's too good a player to go unnoticed in tennis history.

fast_clay
03-20-2011, 02:42 AM
I hope Gasquet finds a way to get in the Top 10, he's too good a player to go unnoticed in tennis history.

declare allegiance with another country that is not great britain...

that should purge his game of all french mugness...

too easy...

Blackbriar
03-20-2011, 09:14 AM
declare allegiance with another country that is not great britain...

that should purge his game of all french mugness...

too easy...

He already lives in Switzerland, that's a good start :)

finishingmove
03-20-2011, 09:17 AM
kazakhstan

pascal'rG
03-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Djokovic on Gasquet :

"They were part of a great generation of emerging juniors that also included Rafael Nadal, Richard Gasquet and Gaël Monfils. "You could see with all our group that they were great athletes with a big desire to be successful," Djokovic recalled. "They showed some incredible talent. I still think Gasquet is the most talented player of all that group, though he still has to fulfil his potential."
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...n-2248956.html

Thanks NoleFan for your support !

I think that Gasquet is really good when he plays agressive attacking tennis with confidence...When he's not trusting his shots he plays defensive tennis were he is average...so he needs to find the form and the confidence but it's something hard to achieve and that's why he's less successful than others players who have a game base more on regularity, less linked to the mental.

He needs to have at some point a bit of luck to have a good period which can increase his trust and make him play his better tennis.

Last years he had troubles and lost time but when we see this match, it gives hopes because he had some good moments against the best player of the season so far. He needs more tournaments like that and he'll be able to be more regular.

He's not so far from it now with the help of Grosjean but we will see if can continue like that.