IW QF: Nadal def Karlovic 5-7, 6-1, 7-6(7) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW QF: Nadal def Karlovic 5-7, 6-1, 7-6(7)

MIMIC
03-18-2011, 04:49 AM
No thread?

Entertaining tiebreak. Always edge of the seat stuff with Karlovic in a deciding breaker

Lopez
03-18-2011, 04:50 AM
Awesome match :worship:.

Nadal dug deep but Ivo had him worried there for a sec :yeah:

Certinfy
Karlovic :sad:

Oh well, Del Potro will save us.

GHETTOTENNIS
:haha: @ Nadal celebrating like he just won a slam final after beating the world no 239

viruzzz
Great effort Ivo.
Karlovic didn't played good at the Tiebreak, so many UE.

Nadal isn't playing so good, I predict a lose with JMDP.

bleu_cheese
Karlovic made a match of this, nothing to be ashamed of. Nadal...let's just say I'll be surprised if he wins the tournament.

Mr. Butterfly
Karlovic played awesome

It was 5 all in 1st set, Nadal serving, and Karlovic broke him to love with 4 straight dazzling points, including a dropshot that stunned the Spaniard ranked #1 in the world.

Pure class from Nadal as the match went on, dealing one too many passing shots for the tall serving monster.

Hats off to both players

Argenbrit
Very entertaining. :D

Except for that second set.

LoveFifteen
I enjoyed this match. Great points at the end. :worship: @ Rafa

I'm very interested to see Delpo vs. Nadal.

Voo de Mar
03-18-2011, 04:51 AM
7-6(7) not 7-6(9)

Nice fight by Ivo but really he hasn't got game to beat Nadal in the 3rd set tie-break. I'm surprised he won 7 points in it. Partially thanks to Nadal's inexistent 1st serve in the TB :o

TMJordan
pig

Satasonic
Karlovic won inside. The pusher couldnt handle him 80% of the match. Del Potro 6-3 6-4.

acheng
Glad Dr. Ivo lost -never been a big fan of him. Can't say I enjoyed Rafa's fist pumping, but credit to him for pulling it out. On to Delpo!

Arkulari
03-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Rafa :woohoo:

What a tough TB for him, but at the end he got the job done :yeah:

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/8297/rafaivoiw11.jpg (http://img810.imageshack.us/i/rafaivoiw11.jpg/)

Filo V.
03-18-2011, 04:52 AM
Rafa surely hasn't been great these last two days, but his fight and determination have really shone through at critical moments. He really starting picking up the serve at the end of the third and that helped him through the TB. Great performance from Ivo as well, both guys dug very deep. Very happy Rafa is through.

GHETTOTENNIS
03-18-2011, 04:53 AM
Yesss. Nadal sending this abomination of a tennis player packing. It would be atrocious to see this all serve mug in a semi of masters. He has no charm, no class and no game, just endless serving. Always good to see classy world #1 save tennis from these jokers.

Screaming vamos after df's, so classy:clap2:

abraxas21
nice one, piggy

Mungo
:haha: @ Nadal celebrating like he just won a slam final after beating the world n.o 239

You would know that feeling if Fedull were clutch in 3rd sets :)

Karlovic is the guy who beat Fed but not Nadal :cool: he also beat no.6 this week

Well played Rafa, his returns in the 2nd set were out of this world. Nadal saved tennis today. Vamos! :wavey:

rafa_maniac
Worst match for my sanity since WTF semifinal. I both love and hate these matches in equal measure.

francepes
Nice match... terrible volleys from Ivo, always to Nadal's forehand..
Well, now I think it's time to go to bed... :scratch:

tealeaves
03-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Karlovic should have just let the ball get pass him to see if it was in or out at 0-0*

malisha
03-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Nice fight by Ivo but really he hasn't got game to beat Nadal in the 3rd set tie-break.

:lol:
ridicolous line there
he had a few chances to go for it if it landed in he wolud have a MP on serve

congrats to Nadal though

Jomp1
03-18-2011, 04:55 AM
7-6(7) not 7-6(9)

Nice fight by Ivo but really he hasn't got game to beat Nadal in the 3rd set tie-break. I'm surprised he won 7 points in it. Partially thanks to Nadal's inexistent 1st serve in the TB :o

In fairness Ivo didn't play a good tiebreak service wise either. That tiebreak was winnable for him.

fast_clay
03-18-2011, 04:55 AM
nadal must've eaten too much sugar... jumping around like he won CYGS at the end there... well done ivo, got the moral victory in forcing nadal to get around like an emu on acid...

Ben.
03-18-2011, 04:56 AM
Tense end there, good fun. Well done to Ivo, lovely guy and nice to see him at this stage of a MS, hope he keeps this sort of form up. Shame on Miami, clueless decision really.

Rafa wasn't great, serve was poor at times though it was better towards the end, aside from in the TB where it was non existant. Going to need to find the first serve for the Delpo match. People will no doubt complain about his exuberant celebration, which was pretty fitting given how tight the match got at the end. Nice to see he cares too. We shouldn't be against players showing some personality on court, the more the better.

Sunset of Age
03-18-2011, 04:56 AM
As expected, Dr. Ivo proved himself to be much more of a nuisance than many thought he would be in this match.
Still, great perfomance, and the Miami ING-head honcho's should be ashamed of themselves not giving him a WC.

Rafa once again proved why GREAT CHAMPIONS indeed are GREAT CHAMPIONS, taking his chances where he could in that final set TB. Congrats and well done. :hatoff:

That said, I wasn't very pleased to see him celebrating obvious UE's and even DF's from his opponent. Sorry, just had to say it. :(

Corey Feldman
03-18-2011, 04:57 AM
ridiculous celebration from Nadal at the end, utter graceless moron he is sometimes. not to mention vamosing Karlovic's double fault, just shows what a desperado he is .. as usual :zzz:

makes me laugh when i hear ppl complain about Federer's character

Karlo was always gonna choke the tie break, 4 times he lost his serve there

tangerine_dream
Rafa! :D :bigclap: Indian Wells has been saved, thank you. :bowdown:

tennisfan856
i was entertained by ellison almost having a heart attack when nadal might lose.

Someone should tell nadal he didn't win a grand slam tonight.

Xristos
03-18-2011, 04:58 AM
What a champ.

straitup
03-18-2011, 04:58 AM
Exciting TB, for not being a great TB player, Ivo hit some great shots when down...but Rafa was even better on Ivo's serve.

malisha
03-18-2011, 04:59 AM
love that inside out forehand return Ivo made at 5-4 in tiebreak

did that to Nando in Wimbeldon facing SP/MP in the 4. set TB

Nando imploded but Nadal is tougher

The Magician
03-18-2011, 04:59 AM
Tense end there, good fun. Well done to Ivo, lovely guy and nice to see him at this stage of a MS, hope he keeps this sort of form up. Shame on Miami, clueless decision really.

Rafa wasn't great, serve was poor at times though it was better towards the end, aside from in the TB where it was non existant. Going to need to find the first serve for the Delpo match. People will no doubt complain about his exuberant celebration, which was pretty fitting given how tight the match got at the end. Nice to see he cares too. We shouldn't be against players showing some personality on court, the more the better.

Jimmy Connors and John McEnroe had "personality" on the court too, but they didn't pretend to be humble champions and they sure didn't win a sportsmanship award :wavey:

moon language
03-18-2011, 05:00 AM
Ivo could have won this. Though I am not a fan of his game I enjoyed the contrast of styles here, and there was a load of tension at the end which is one of the things I love about watching tennis.

Topspin Forehand
03-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Vamos Rafa. Playing against Karlovic in a match is like Russian Roulette.

Voo de Mar
03-18-2011, 05:03 AM
ridicolous line there
he had a few chances to go for it if it landed in he wolud have a MP on serve

Karlovic has a very primitive game after his 2nd serve so it's 20-80 from his side against a rock solid baseliner like Nadal. Karlovic is under a constant pressure when misses his 1st serve and that's why he doesn't deliver in tie-breaks aces/service winners with such a consistency like in most of service games, simply he is scared of his 2nd serves. I know his game very well because have been following it for 7 years, I can read the game and usually when the match is close to over I know who's going to win. I was surprised Ivo came back from 2:5 but knowing Nadal I knew he was going to win the match anyway 9-7 in the TB, saving a match point or not :shrug:

Stefanos13
03-18-2011, 05:03 AM
Nadal won! Great!

I haven't watched the match but I'm getting the impression Nadal is struggling (relatively speaking). His form seems under par, but his W/UE ratio is improving 31/13

Topspindoctor
03-18-2011, 05:04 AM
Nadal is a mental titan, a true #1. The guy is explosive, fun to watch, amazing mover, best clay courter of all time and has humble attitude off court (Olderer could learn from it). His intensity on court is unmatched, Karlovic is a little boy compared to him tennis-wise. 99% of players would have imploded in the TB, but Nadal learned from last year and found a way to win. Every time Nadal wins is good for tennis, every slam he wins makes tennis bigger and cements his legacy. And every second he spends at #1 keeps it from the unworthy. He is a legend, I suggest Mugician, Clown_Feldman and the rest of the clown pack show some respect.

djb84xi
03-18-2011, 05:05 AM
Damn, I only saw the last 5 points of the match, but those were some interesting points. Karlovic is always a tough customer for any top player, and he proved it tonight, despite the loss. I applaud his effort, especially due to the fact he had more winners than Rafa. This looked like a very high quality match, and I can't wait to see a replay of it. Congrats to both Rafa and Dr. Ivo for what appeared to be a rather entertaining match.

Satasonic
03-18-2011, 05:06 AM
By the way, do you guys think that Karlovic will get a WC to Miami?

moon language
03-18-2011, 05:07 AM
The sad thing about this thread is the arrival of the arbiters of enthusiasm. How is enthusiasm after a win a bad thing? Tennis would be a lot more interesting if more players cared MORE, instead of just being happy making the round of 16 and taking home a relatively fat check.

tennisfan856
03-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Damn, I only saw the last 5 points of the match, but those were some interesting points. Karlovic is always a tough customer for any top player, and he proved it tonight, despite the loss. I applaud his effort, especially due to the fact he had more winners than Rafa. This looked like a very high quality match, and I can't wait to see a replay of it. Congrats to both Rafa and Dr. Ivo for what appeared to be a rather entertaining match.

depends what you find high quality. Except for a 5-5 game played by karlovic in the first set, the match was pretty boring. Tiebreaker saved the match with all the theatrics.

asteve001
03-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Not only would I celebrate a Karlovic DF, but i would go and kiss the spot where it landed, you got to find hope where you can get it, and there isn't much against the wooden statue of the service line.

Rafa = Fed Killa
:worship: SPARTAAAAAA :worship:

stillwaterharry
Godal faced little real challenge in the last two sets, although the 3rd set seemed to be a fierce battle

djb84xi
03-18-2011, 05:12 AM
Nadal is a mental titan, a true #1. The guy is explosive, fun to watch, amazing mover, best clay courter of all time and has humble attitude off court (Olderer could learn from it). His intensity on court is unmatched, Karlovic is a little boy compared to him tennis-wise. 99% of players would have imploded in the TB, but Nadal learned from last year and found a way to win. Every time Nadal wins is good for tennis, every slam he wins makes tennis bigger and cements his legacy. And every second he spends at #1 keeps it from the unworthy. He is a legend, I suggest Mugician, Clown_Feldman and the rest of the clown pack show some respect.

You couldn't have said things any better. Rafa is amazing and wins like this only further prove that point. I did not expect for Devvarman and Karlovic to provide the toughest tests for Rafa, but I think it's a great thing, because it gives him an extra boost of confidence and match toughness heading into the semifinals. Rafa knows what lies ahead, will be even tougher, so he has to come out and play better than the last round, if he wants to win and have a shot to win his 3rd IW title. I am not afraid of him playing Del Potro next. Something tells me Rafa wants a bit of revenge for the last few times they've played.

rafa_maniac
03-18-2011, 05:13 AM
How is enthusiasm after a win a bad thing?

It's because of who won, you know that. Karlovic celebrating in the same way in the given circumstance would be totally acceptable.

Voo de Mar
03-18-2011, 05:14 AM
The sad thing about this thread is the arrival of the arbiters of enthusiasm. How is enthusiasm after a win a bad thing? Tennis would be a lot more interesting if more players cared MORE, instead of just being happy making the round of 16 and taking home a relatively fat check.

Yes, I agree, Nadal brings a lot of passion to the game, and it's a part of his tremendous successes, he pumps up himself constantly, with this kind of attitude odds are on your side at 6:6 in the final set tie-break.

Filo V.
03-18-2011, 05:16 AM
The cheering after the match was fine. I don't mind cheering after a tough match, being on the brink of losing, not playing your best but coming from behind to take the victory. With that said, the cheering errors and DFs...........not cool.

FlameOn
03-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Nadal never gives up. :yeah::worship:

Pirata.
03-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Nothing wrong with anyone being happy to win a match, but fistpumping and cheering at your opponent's double faults is just classless.

Topspin Forehand
03-18-2011, 05:20 AM
The cheering after the match was fine. I don't mind cheering after a tough match, being on the brink of losing, not playing your best but coming from behind to take the victory. With that said, the cheering errors and DFs...........not cool.
He was not cheering DFs and errors. He was cheering the scoreboard. Yeah I guess some might not like it but the score is what he is most interested in. You gotta find a way to win no matter how you do it. Winning ugly in this case. I believe Nadal was firing himself up as there was a lot at stake there. Every point was huge.

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 05:20 AM
Nadull's fans are the main advocates of the "all-serve players suck" and Nadull lost his serve being outplayed from the baseline.

And then he celebrated as if he had won Laver's Grand Slam.

A few stats I wrote down here: in the first set, Nadull hit only 8 winners. :haha: His first ace was in the last point of the fifth game of the SECOND SET.

What a sad state of affairs we're in.

orangehat
03-18-2011, 05:21 AM

this is probably the most delusional paragraph (dear lord why couldnt it have been a sentence) i have ever read on MTF and there have been many terrible delusional ideas here.

nsidhan
03-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Some of you guys are actually calling Nadal's celebration as showing "enthusiasm"? For real?

Arkulari

Exactly ;)

Topspin Forehand
Nothing wrong with anyone being happy to win a match, but fistpumping and cheering at your opponent's double faults is just classless.
He was not trying to rub it in. He was just playing the scoreboard. He realized how important it is to be up for every point. If you have to concentrate on how to react after every point, than your mind is not on the most important thing which is the match.

Filo V.
03-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Well, the fact is, the scoreboard went into his favor because of DFs and errors from Ivo, and he cheered about that. He didn't cheer his own success, he cheered the failure of Karlovic. So, I can see the validity of that argument but ultimately, Ivo DFd, and Rafa cheered. He was firing himself up too but that can be done in-between points.

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Some of you guys are actually calling Nadal's celebration as showing "enthusiasm"? For real?

Exactly after winning a tough match you should have a cup of tea while speaking softly

If you are a 80 yr old ballet dancin Fed lover

MAN UP, SPARTA CELEBRATION

Johnny Groove
03-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Nadal, numero uno del mundo for a reason.

Karlovic, what a fight.

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 05:26 AM
Nadal, numero uno del mundo for a reason.

Karlovic, what a fight.

Yeah.

Mug era.

Corey Feldman
03-18-2011, 05:27 AM
It's because of who won, you know that. Karlovic celebrating in the same way in the given circumstance would be totally acceptable.Karlovic wouldnt have celebrated like a demented Ape who just sat on a boiling hot needle had he won

he can do what he wants but it just proves once and for all he should never be in the same league when compared to having the class of Federer :cool: with Nadal its all a myth grown from fangirls, Spanish players and his personal 'i'm happy to lose to Rafa' Gimp.. Djokovic

lets see what Berdych says now.

Filo V.
03-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Celebrating a tough win doesn't=lack of class. Get real you bitter haters.

Johnny Groove
03-18-2011, 05:29 AM
Yeah.

Mug era.

Wah wah wah.

Would you like a tissue?

Corey Feldman
03-18-2011, 05:30 AM
does Federer celebrate wildly at an opponents DF?

no, its why he's 6 times Edberg winner and 8 times ATP worldwide fans fave player

end of.

Sunset of Age
03-18-2011, 05:31 AM

Celebrating an opponent's Double Faults is indeed a lack of class, and unfortunately, I've witnessed Rafa doing so during this match. :rolleyes:
Not happy about it at all, and no, I'm not a hata.

The Magician
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM

no, its why he's 6 times Edberg winner and 8 times ATP worldwide fans fave player

end of.

You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Corey Feldman again :yeah:

TMJordan
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
"Sportsman of the year"

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

Filo V.
03-18-2011, 05:35 AM
Celebrating an opponent's Double Faults is indeed a lack of class, and unfortunately, I've witnessed Rafa doing so during this match. :rolleyes:

Yes, that is bad. But I meant after the match. I don't excuse the celebrating errors.

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 05:39 AM
And this challenge in the third set when Karlovic was already sitting in the chair is another class moment from rafito . one day he will challenge the ball from few games ago and clowns like mourier will allow that

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Wah wah wah.

Would you like a tissue?

I don't think you could spare one, even if you wanted after today's "emotional win". :lol:

Topspindoctor
03-18-2011, 05:41 AM
Someone needs to upload highlights ASAP. I want to rewatch how The King goes about winning tie breaks :worship:

!VamosRafa!
03-18-2011, 05:43 AM
We are witnessing the downfall of Rafa Nadal:sad:

Topspin Forehand
03-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Yes. In about 5 years imo. Enjoy it now as he won't be around forever.

fast_clay
03-18-2011, 05:47 AM
And this challenge in the third set when Karlovic was already sitting in the chair is another class moment from rafito . one day he will challenge the ball from few games ago and clowns like mourier will allow that

yeah... now that was totally out of order... i took a dump after the game was finished, got back, then here i see rafa making a late challenge while ivo is sitting down... officials just cant say no to rafa because 'i gonna speak to your supervisor no?'

Filo V.
03-18-2011, 05:49 AM

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g396/donteventhinkthat/gif%20party/tumblr_lc43ansJHg1qceirf.gif

finishingmove
03-18-2011, 06:00 AM
ivo has awakened the beast from its slumber

ssin
03-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Nadal won 78% of 1st serve and 84% of 2nd serve.:p Waiting for the highlights, didnt watch the match:(

abraxas21
03-18-2011, 06:09 AM
Nadal won 78% of 1st serve and 84% of 2nd serve.:p Waiting for the highlights, didnt watch the match:(

top highlight was when a guy in the crowd asked his girl to marry him.

second best highlight was when the doctor broke pocahontas' serve to love.

paseo
03-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Tense TB.A bit worried there, that Karlovic would spoil the Nadal vs Del Potro SF. Very good effort, though. Kind of feel sorry for him, now. I would like Karlovic to do well, but I really want to see Nadal vs Del Potro.

Hope Karlovic get a WC to Miami.

Arkulari
03-18-2011, 06:25 AM
Ivo pretty much tanked the second set when he saw Rafa's level rising, he decided to play his chances in the last set and nearly got away with it.

The TB was pretty cool to watch because both men went for their shots and played on the edge, Rafa won because he's better under pressure but Ivo's effort was more than commendable :yeah:

star
03-18-2011, 06:27 AM
I guess Rafa disappointed a lot of people tonight. There can be no other reason for this kind of hate spewing.

Aloimeh
03-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Time for Grendel to take out the trash

Caralimon
03-18-2011, 06:39 AM
Pig beats giraffe. All is good in the jungle. Vamos.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-18-2011, 06:41 AM
I got to say, this is the most enjoyable non-slam match I've seen for a long time, so I can see why Rafa was overjoyed and in a way its symbolic of his ARRIVAL this year.

Who is the girl that sat next to the tournament owner? Is that his daughter (or his 'sugar daughter'?)? I could be wrong but I think she was crying during the tie-breaker and it looked like the owner was very upset too. I guess for a tournament owner its like a tragic event if a top seed loses early :p

crude oil
03-18-2011, 06:51 AM
nadull acting like a clown when winning the match.

whats new?

nadal - delpo will be fun for sure. delpo is playing well enough to send nadull home.

Priam
03-18-2011, 06:54 AM
Looks like Mr. Ellison will be happy.

Mimi
03-18-2011, 07:20 AM
I guess Rafa disappointed a lot of people tonight. There can be no other reason for this kind of hate spewing.

he broke their fragile and lonely hearts:sobbing::tears::hysteric:

FormerRafaFan
03-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Nice to see Rafa playing like shit and give even more fuel to the fire for the idiot haters:o Rafa losing or playing like shit = 10+ pages. Rafa winning and playing really good = 3 pages! MTF... NID.

He had no business losing the first set to Ivo. It looked like he was cruising in the second though before it got tough in the third again.. oh well. He won, and that's the most important thing.

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Nice to see Rafa playing like shit and give even more fuel to the fire for the idiot haters:o Rafa losing or playing like shit = 10+ pages. Rafa winning and playing really good = 3 pages! MTF... NID.

He had no business losing the first set to Ivo. It looked like he was cruising in the second though before it got tough in the third again.. oh well. He won, and that's the most important thing.

And who said that rafa played like shit ?? you probably haven't seen the match and concluding on the score . actually i think rafa played a decent match , surely the best this week and much much better than against devverman . that game when ivo broke was probably the best game of his carrier and it isn't overreacting

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-18-2011, 07:54 AM

LOL playing like what? 32 winners, 13 unforced errors. Won 78% of 1st serve points. Won 84% of 2nd serves points.....:lol:

star
03-18-2011, 07:56 AM
And who said that rafa played like shit ?? you probably haven't seen the match and concluding on the score . actually i think rafa played a decent match , surely the best this week and much much better than against devverman . that game when ivo broke was probably the best game of his carrier and it isn't overreacting

Rafa certainly played better than against Devvarman. He would have lost had he played that poorly.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong though when you say that Rafa had the best game of his career when Ivo broke him. :rolleyes:

Ivo played very well -- probably some of the best tennis he could play. Rafa overall is simply a better player, but I thought Rafa put it nicely when he said that in a match with Ivo everything is in Ivo's hands.

Rafa's game could still use some improvement, but his forehand was definitely better than against Devvarman and certainly better than it was on Tuesday night in doubles where it was absolutely horrible.

star
03-18-2011, 07:57 AM
LOL playing like what? 32 winners, 13 unforced errors. Won 78% of 1st serve points. Won 84% of 2nd serves points.....:lol:

Clearly, she didn't see the match. :shrug:

Arkulari
03-18-2011, 08:01 AM
The TB:

MaFoGFh6C0I

And guys, please, for real, leave those "my penis is bigger than yours" argument for livescoring/gambling threads, there have been 12 pages of very few match-related posts, the rest is garbage :o

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 08:02 AM
Rafa certainly played better than against Devvarman. He would have lost had he played that poorly.

I'm pretty sure you are wrong though when you say that Rafa had the best game of his career when Ivo broke him. :rolleyes:

Ivo played very well -- probably some of the best tennis he could play. Rafa overall is simply a better player, but I thought Rafa put it nicely when he said that in a match with Ivo everything is in Ivo's hands.

Rafa's game could still use some improvement, but his forehand was definitely better than against Devvarman and certainly better than it was on Tuesday night in doubles where it was absolutely horrible.

I meant Ivo's best game of carrier was when he broke nadal

Agree that Ivo played well . game plan was well prepared but his volleying was awful , so much easy volleys he couldn't put away and almost every one was going to nadal's FH . And serve was completely off in second set though

rocketassist
03-18-2011, 08:03 AM

1 Borg is.
2 Both aren't much different, see Nadal kicking off after Soderling loss
3 Not true, Karlovic has sunk in ranking for a reason as other guys can beat him
4 :yawn:

If you're gonna moan about haters gonna hate you should stay the fuck out of Federer/Murray/Karlovic/serve-volleyer threads.

The Magician
03-18-2011, 08:28 AM

How can you say Nadull is a better overall player when Iva has a better serve, a better volley, a better slice, and a better return? The only reason Nadull has a chance in this matchup at all is because Indian Wells is blue clay and Ivo is a poor tiebreak player. I like Ivo, but it took a huge choke to give Nadull the match considering he couldn't get a single first serve in during the tiebreak until the end.

n8
03-18-2011, 08:36 AM
The TB:

MaFoGFh6C0I

And guys, please, for real, leave those "my penis is bigger than yours" argument for livescoring/gambling threads, there have been 12 pages of very few match-related posts, the rest is garbage :o

Thanks for the video. Nadal hitting a forehand just after 2:04 in the video was very wrong! :silly:

Ad Wim
03-18-2011, 08:42 AM
Lol @ his celebration. That says more than enough about his form.

zcess81
03-18-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm glad Rafa won...now we'll have at least decent semis but celebrating DF/UE is so unlike Rafa. Did Karlovic pick a fight with him in the locker room or something? That I did not like. Murray does that from time to time and I hate that. Lets hope this is one off. Please Rafa do not make this a habit as it shows lack of class and desperation...if u do I'm gonna have to say my goodbyes to you as a fan.

P.S - loved big celebration at the end...nothing wrong about that. Must be frustrating playing big server like Karlovic.

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 09:01 AM
well, Nadal won, that's good but he will have hard time winning the title, Del Potro and Djokovic are far better than Karlovic.

born_on_clay
03-18-2011, 09:03 AM
Tough one
Rafa is far from his best :(

MariaV
03-18-2011, 09:11 AM

I didn't see the match but I can read the stats and I read only 4 DFs from Karlovic so there weren't many DF's to celebrate obviously. :shrug:

Commander Data
03-18-2011, 09:13 AM

Crowdmaker
03-18-2011, 09:27 AM
There were a few crucial moments, very few people noticed...
When Karlovic broke Nadal to NIL and took 1st set (7-5), you could have seen sparkle in Ivo's eyes...
and unfortunately fear screaming out loud "I can actually win this"! Right after he fell into pieces in 2nd set, not hiting anything at all!
In on 3rd set Nadal almost went 00-30 on his service, but instead called for a challenge which saw Karlovic ball literally a few milimiters offline! Of course 15-15 and wasted chance...Nadal was untochable on his serve? Yes, later on, but with a few second serve Ivo could have had a break ball or 2 like in 1st set and that would be the end of it...
Now...for all the haters outhere, of course Nadal will win 19 out of 20 mathces with Karlovic but this one was pretty much winnable for Ivo!
People say, Karlovic hasn't got any game!? I would put it this way; for a man of his height 2.08m it is a bloody miracle he moves at all! Just imagine and average NBA player being so active on a tennic court.
Karlovic was 2-5 down in tie-break and manage to level it up to 5-5, winning that last point in unbelivable style! Then saving a match point on Nadal serve to level it up to 7-7.It is a great shame his serve was not working at all in tie-break...
At the end, congrats to Rafa who is a great champion and rightly so a World No.1.

ossie
03-18-2011, 09:29 AM
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH @ the haters

anyways 2 out of 8 break points for rafa not the best stat. he should kick himself for every point he lost on his serve, it really is unacceptable against a serve-bot. as roger federer once said about playing karlovic:" with all due respect to the guy but playing karlovic its not really a tennis match."

more importantly is next match: del potro vs rafa!

Just like heaven
03-18-2011, 09:43 AM
:bigclap: :worship:

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/4116/rafab.jpg

oranges
03-18-2011, 09:50 AM
There were a few crucial moments, very few people noticed...
When Karlovic broke Nadal to NIL and took 1st set (7-5), you could have seen sparkle in Ivo's eyes...
and unfortunately fear screaming out loud "I can actually win this"! Right after he fell into pieces in 2nd set, not hiting anything at all!

:lol: Perhaps you should be writing novels with such imagination. Ivo has wins over practically all top players, 'I could win this' is not a new sensation to him.

propi
03-18-2011, 09:52 AM
Never easy vs. Ivo; congrats Rafa, now go out and try to avenge Tommy's default :p
I still think this trophy has Novak's name on it :D

Crowdmaker
03-18-2011, 10:11 AM
:lol: Perhaps you should be writing novels with such imagination. Ivo has wins over practically all top players, 'I could win this' is not a new sensation to him.

:rolleyes:
I asume you are a Croatian as myself? Right then, I don't imagine winning a shitload of money with Karlovic
like for example over Tsonga,Ljubicic and even not so long ago a set against Nadal.
But, if you been following Ivo lately then you surely remember just a few days ago Karlovic being a "laughing stock" for the whole nation with Prpic.Karlovic could not win a single match for ages...
The point being made, he never won over Nadal, he can hardy recall any positive run like this in ages or a semis on this level and not even mentioning that Miami story...So, alltoghter he's been ICO COLD winning so far, but after 1st set won, he just had that "face"...
Again, Rafa is Rafa, would do anything to win and he normally wins it...simple as that:sad:

oranges
03-18-2011, 10:15 AM
:rolleyes:
I asume you are a Croatian as myself? Right then, I don't imagine winning a shitload of money with Karlovic
like for example over Tsonga,Ljubicic and even not so long ago a set against Nadal.
But, if you been following Ivo lately then you surely remember just a few days ago Karlovic being a "laughing stock" for the whole nation with Prpic.Karlovic could not win a single match for ages...
The point being made, he never won over Nadal, he can hardy recall any positive run like this in ages or a semis on this level and not even mentioning that Miami story...So, alltoghter he's been ICO COLD winning so far, but after 1st set won, he just had that "face"...
Again, Rafa is Rafa, would do anythung to win and he normally wins it...simple as that:sad:

I can only say your imagination is not restricted just to inplay interpretation :lol: Laughing stock, seriously, in what parallel reality did that happen cause is sure didn't happen in mine :lol:

Crowdmaker
03-18-2011, 10:24 AM
I can only say your imagination is not restricted just to inplay interpretation :lol: Laughing stock, seriously, in what parallel reality did that happen cause is sure didn't happen in mine :lol:

THIS!

:worship:
:haha:

Blue Heart24
03-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Great match from Ivo,excluding the second set.That game at 5-5 in the first set was amazing.:worship:
No surprise he lost the 3rd set TB,he isnt winning this kind of stuff against top players,actually it's pretty surprising he made it to 5-5 after being 2-5 down and saving a mp on Nadal's serve at 6-7.Good to see him back,fantastic tournament for him.

Topspindoctor
03-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Nadal is fucking legend. All new up and coming youngsters could learn a lot from his determination, grit, love for the game and fortitude. Sadly, there is a mug generation on the way who throw matches the second the going gets tough :sad:

Sonja1989
03-18-2011, 10:34 AM
Phew! Congrats Rafa. :yeah: What the score?

Rafa#Uno:-)
03-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Rafa says he was nervous. Well how is he when he is calm then??? :-D

The winner is the best.

Vamos.

peribsen
03-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Both right in their own way. Rafa is passionate, and that is good for the game. But sometimes he doesn't choose the right moment to show it. And all of that says nothing about whether he is humble or not, nor about whether he respects his opponents or not.

Nole fan
03-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Rafa is such a fighter, incredible. You could bet your life on him grinding out a match.

henke007
03-18-2011, 11:18 AM
To bad Ivo couldn't have won that last breaker. Nadal looked awfull and is lucky Delpo isn't in full gear. Joke if Nadal reaches the Final here. Such a freebie.

Nadull_tard
03-18-2011, 11:26 AM
To bad Ivo couldn't have won that last breaker. Nadal looked awfull and is lucky Delpo isn't in full gear. Joke if Nadal reaches the Final here. Such a freebie.

Yes, but given Djokovic's recent form he will slaughter El Flukador.

RIboy
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
great match....that game @5-5 was probably the best Ivo ever played

Topspindoctor
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Yes, but given Djokovic's recent form he will slaughter El Flukador.

One of the biggest Fedtards on the forum indirectly admitting Olderer will lose in semis :worship:

Nadull_tard
03-18-2011, 11:54 AM
One of the biggest Fedtards on the forum indirectly admitting Olderer will lose in semis :worship:

He probably will, so what? I'm supposed to lay down and weep? Fed's time is over, he won more than I expected considering clown periods like transitional era or 2008 slump.
If Djokovic is the single person who can stop Nadal from winning hardcourt titles, I can take it.

Chartreuse
03-18-2011, 12:01 PM
If Djokovic is the single person who can stop Nadal from winning hardcourt titles, I can take it.

:spit:

Many players have stopped Nadal from winning hardcourt titles since he entered his prime in 2008. Not just Nole.:wavey:

HC titles won by Nadal since 2008:

Toronto
Olympics
AO
IW
USO
Tokyo

SIX HC titles and SIX RU since he hit his peak in 2008. That's a lot of players stopping him from winning HC titles.

Nadull_tard
03-18-2011, 12:08 PM
:spit:

Many players have stopped Nadal from winning hardcourt titles since he entered his prime in 2008. Not just Nole.:wavey:

Named those players who stopped in-form Nadal in a big HC tournament.

kandygram
03-18-2011, 12:55 PM
No one was more thrilled with Rafa's win than the tourney director. He was moving in slow-motion and looked like he was about to vomit during the 3rd set tiebreak. ;)

ossie
03-18-2011, 01:02 PM
No one was more thrilled with Rafa's win than the tourney director. He was moving in slow-motion and looked like he was about to vomit during the 3rd set tiebreak. ;)can you blame him though? who would want a serve-bot in the semis of their tournament?

toby1526
03-18-2011, 01:40 PM
This was the best shot in the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twr1rRecojI

nole_no1
03-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Congrats Nole for you 3rd straight title :yeah:

RIboy
03-18-2011, 01:45 PM
This was the best shot in the match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twr1rRecojI

with a frame, pure luck

duong
03-18-2011, 01:56 PM
the title of the article in French newspaper this morning : "Nadal what a fighter !"

You can be certain that if Fed had done the same match, you would have "Fed near to the abyss" :lol:

Yandr001
03-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I just wish Karlovic could have put more second serves returns back in play. He just kept missing and missing and missing and missing.... Opportunity lost really

nsidhan
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Exactly after winning a tough match you should have a cup of tea while speaking softly

If you are a 80 yr old ballet dancin Fed lover

MAN UP, SPARTA CELEBRATION

...you should have actually said "have a cup of tea while speaking softly IN YOUR OPPONENTS FACE." You left out the details.

You should have also said, "while your opponent DFs quietly walk up to him and console him by giving him a pat on the shoulder."

Oh...how about if you know that your opponent and umpire are waiting for you for the coin toss be courteous by letting them know that you will be a few mins late because you have very important business to take care of...like blowing your energy drink repeatedly in front of the entire stadium.

And please don't forget to add that Federer is a ballerina, 80 yrs old and a cry baby. Once again you are barking up the wrong tree.

vn01
03-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Great match :worship: Rafa had to fight a lot, but he managed to win. Karlovic resisted, but Nadal was just the better player. VAMOS!

emotion
03-18-2011, 02:33 PM
You know, delPo might just have a shot...

addison
03-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Let's see you do it.

fast_clay
03-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Great match from Ivo,excluding the second set.That game at 5-5 in the first set was amazing.:worship:
No surprise he lost the 3rd set TB,he isnt winning this kind of stuff against top players,actually it's pretty surprising he made it to 5-5 after being 2-5 down and saving a mp on Nadal's serve at 6-7.Good to see him back,fantastic tournament for him.

When the great tfc speaks, the people listen..

KenMirnyi
03-18-2011, 02:50 PM
How can you say Nadull is a better overall player when Iva has a better serve, a better volley, a better slice, and a better return? The only reason Nadull has a chance in this matchup at all is because Indian Wells is blue clay and Ivo is a poor tiebreak player. I like Ivo, but it took a huge choke to give Nadull the match considering he couldn't get a single first serve in during the tiebreak until the end.
:help::smash::lol::haha:

A shrink can help. But I guess it's way too late. Your brain is almost dead.

Never seen such an idiot before. Seriously.

Corey Feldman
03-18-2011, 03:33 PM
would be interesting to see MTF reaction had that been Murray last night screaming in Karlovic's ear 2 seconds after they shook hands

the sanctimonious brigade would have been allover Muzza

Johnny Groove
03-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Andy Murray needs to focus on beating Donald Young first, Feldman.

alter ego
03-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Just saw Pocahontas digusting reaction after the end of the match. No respect for his opponent total SOB.

Corey Feldman
that would be no problem if he actually cared about playing tennis right now

tsmile789
the way nadal celebrate his win is priceless...it's like he won a 5 setter grand slam final against a GOAT, didn't this reaction coming winning over world number 200 sth....u gotta love this guy!!!

Sillyrabbit
03-18-2011, 03:52 PM

Post match threads for top players always brings out the top class idiot posters. They don't even need to play bad for you to witness brain dead posts. It's MTF's way :shrug:

Anyways, always expected a 3-setter, didn't think the 2nd set would be so loose though, but props to Nadal for seeing it through. Stats and scorelines don't always tell the same story against a big server.

Matt01
03-18-2011, 03:54 PM
would be interesting to see MTF reaction had that been Murray last night screaming in Karlovic's ear 2 seconds after they shook hands

What does Murray have to do with this thread? :rolleyes:

Orka_n
03-18-2011, 03:57 PM
the way nadal celebrate his win is priceless...it's like he won a 5 setter grand slam final against a GOAT, didn't this reaction coming winning over world number 200 sth....u gotta love this guy!!!Love? He is a joke.

Good fight this tournament, Ivo. Keep it up.

Topspindoctor
03-18-2011, 04:03 PM

Why are you bringing Mugray into this? :retard: Nobody gives a crap about that pusher, especially in Nadal thread. Go circle jerk in his forum :o :zzz:

Corey Feldman
03-18-2011, 04:07 PM
:lol: f'en donuts

when Murray celebrates DF's or Judy Murray is screaming it makes them MTF's most hated

when Nadal is doing it its because of his insatiable desire & will to win

duong
03-18-2011, 04:15 PM

when Murray celebrates DF's or Judy Murray is screaming it makes them MTF's most hated

yes : I do agree with this understanding to Nadal though, but I just wish people (and also journalists ;) ) were as understanding to other players as they are to Nadal :shrug:

Matt01
03-18-2011, 04:18 PM

It's a conspiracy. Everyone hates and bashes poor Murray, while everyone loves Nadal :awww:

Aenea
03-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Love? He is a joke.

Good fight this tournament, Ivo. Keep it up.

Why is Nadal a joke?

Myrre
03-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Rafa is blessed. Highest ranked player he has faced to get to the SF is #84. Pretty amazing for the so-called 5th Slam.

De Voest 162
Sweeting 105
Devvarman 84
Karlovic 239

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 04:56 PM

Of course. They're known as the worst fanbase in mtf for a reason.

Why is Nadal a joke?

Mug moonballer without any respect for his opponents or the sport.

Sapeod
03-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Digusting by Nadal, the celebration was over the top garbage :retard:

Karlovic should've won, but yet again Nadal lucks out a win...poor Ivo, poor Indian Wells. But most of all...poor ATP.

Sapeod
03-18-2011, 05:04 PM
Why is Nadal a joke?
Cheater, moonballer, pretends to be humble when he isn't, takes fake timeouts and takes ages between points...just a few of the reasons why.

His draw is a joke btw.
Every single opponent isn't even ranked above 70 :retard:

star
03-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Rafa says he was nervous. Well how is he when he is calm then??? :-D

The winner is the best.

Vamos.

I don't know about TV, but I could feel his nerves as he was serving in the tiebreak -- especially in the latter stages.

star
03-18-2011, 05:22 PM

Oh, please.

You must have seen the mockery and venom directed toward Nole's parents. In fact, I'm pretty sure you've been one to engage in it.

Doomach777
03-18-2011, 05:44 PM
So close Ivo. Good effort :)
I enjoyed watching.

Orka_n
03-18-2011, 05:57 PM
Why is Nadal a joke?No point in discussing this, I have a different view of him than you have obviously. And we surely won't be able to convince each other.
I just spontaneously reacted to tsmile's "u gotta love this guy". :tape:

tangerine_dream
03-18-2011, 06:03 PM
ridiculous celebration from Nadal at the end, utter graceless moron he is sometimes. not to mention vamosing Karlovic's double fault, just shows what a desperado he is .. as usual :zzz:

Rafa's celebrations are never as ridiculous as Roger's. :)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7794/federer4wideweb470x3550.jpg (http://img850.imageshack.us/i/federer4wideweb470x3550.jpg/)

oranges
03-18-2011, 06:15 PM
:lol: I think the point was he didn't win a slam and celebrated as if he did

Aenea
03-18-2011, 06:23 PM
No point in discussing this, I have a different view of him than you have obviously. And we surely won't be able to convince each other.
I just spontaneously reacted to tsmile's "u gotta love this guy". :tape:
discussing? I never meant to engage in a discussion about that. Obviously? What do you know about my view on Nadal? I have never shared my view on Nadal on this board. You just think you know it because of the sig? To convince each other about what? I wasn't meaning to convince you in anything. I just wanted to know what is it in Nadal that makes him "a joke" in your opinion.

acionescu
03-18-2011, 06:24 PM
I think he can afford it as he won 9 of them :hug:

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 06:25 PM

Mug era + dubious circumstances.

oranges
03-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh he can afford either way, it just seems more ridiculous for 9-slam winner :hug:

Castafiore
03-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh he can afford either way, it just seems more ridiculous for 9-slam winner :hug:
why?

I mean, he had to fight very hard in this match and he was elated to have won it. Why should players keep the big emotions for slams?

Yukimura
03-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Rafa's celebrations are never as ridiculous as Roger's. :)

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/7794/federer4wideweb470x3550.jpg (http://img850.imageshack.us/i/federer4wideweb470x3550.jpg/)

Manliness at its finest. Way to go Rog!

acionescu
03-18-2011, 06:34 PM
Mug era + dubious circumstances.

Of course :awww:

Dubious circumstances? :haha: :haha:

oranges
03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
why?

I mean, he had to fight very hard in this match and he was elated to have won it. Why should players keep the big emotions for slams?

Because it's out of proportion to the win, obviously. You're free to think it was natural and not ridiculous at all.

acionescu
03-18-2011, 06:39 PM
I almost wish Rafa had lost to spare the haters to embarrass themselves with ridiculous statements like "Ivo is the better player" or picking on his celebration out of frustration :awww:

Neah, who am I kidding, he won!!!!!! :bounce: :woohoo: :banana: :woohoo:

Don't worry, he'll lose to DelPony and tennis will be saved again :hug:

Castafiore
03-18-2011, 06:42 PM
You're free to think it was natural and not ridiculous at all.
:lol: How grand of you.
I find the use of the word "ridiculous" to be exaggerated to be honest. :shrug:

IMO, most people talking about a non-issue like that are only going on about it to try and piss others off.

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Of course :awww:

Dubious circumstances? :haha: :haha:

Very dubious.

tribalfusion
03-18-2011, 06:49 PM
So even after the moderators cleaned up the trash, the usual suspects can't help themselves and start piling it back on again as soon as they are left alone like a 5 year old when his parents leave.

So let's see:

Nadal shouldn't celebrate a tight win against a tough player...or he should celebrate it the way the haters think is proper (people who haven't even won a challenger match much less a Masters)

Nadal, with all his accomplishments etc is a lucky player who happens to win slams and is #1 due to a conspiracy of draws, luck and cheating

Karlovic is a better player than Nadal, even minus the serve

I think that mostly covers it. You have been heard and shown the world how moronic you are yet again even after the mods' clean-up

Congratulations.

samanosuke
03-18-2011, 06:50 PM
So even after the moderators cleaned up the trash, the usual suspects can't help themselves and start piling it back on again as soon as they are left alone like a 5 year old when his parents leave.

So let's see:

Nadal shouldn't celebrate a tight win against a tough player...or he should celebrate it the way the haters think is proper (people who haven't even won a challenger match much less a Masters)

Nadal, with all his accomplishments etc is a lucky player who happens to win slams and is #1 due to a conspiracy of draws, luck and cheating

Karlovic is a better player than Nadal, even minus the serve

I think that mostly covers it. You have been heard and shown the world how moronic you are yet again even after the mods' clean-up

Congratulations.

Slow down Socrates

oranges
03-18-2011, 07:20 PM
:lol: How grand of you.
I find the use of the word "ridiculous" to be exaggerated to be honest. :shrug:

IMO, most people talking about a non-issue like that are only going on about it to try and piss others off.

:lol: You know what I meant - we can agree to disagree.

As for the second point, some probably, especially if they keep harping about it, rather than just note it. Personally, I was prompted because it was genuinely funny to see Tangy come up with a slam celebration in comparison :lol:

Orka_n
03-18-2011, 07:21 PM
discussing? I never meant to engage in a discussion about that. Obviously? What do you know about my view on Nadal? I have never shared my view on Nadal on this board. You just think you know it because of the sig?Relax, wouldya? :shrug: Your sig indicates you are a fan. Am I wrong? Because if you are, to me that fact alone ensures your views are very different from mine.
To convince each other about what? I wasn't meaning to convince you in anything. I just wanted to know what is it in Nadal that makes him "a joke" in your opinion.I don't understand why you're so curious. But either way I don't want to not get into this again.

rocketassist
03-18-2011, 07:35 PM

Most of those were won due to surface homogenization and generic opposition.

Kiedis
03-18-2011, 07:38 PM
This is precisely the reason I'm a fan of Nadal ahead of other players: his unbeatable and insatiable desire to win and his passion for the game. Pro athletes play a primary mission in our society: act as role models. Humility, hard work and desire like the true keys to success -> what a beautiful lesson for all children!

http://www.vootar.com/imgs/elementos/1240343059_Rafael%20Nadal

Aenea
03-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Relax, wouldya? :shrug: Your sig indicates you are a fan. Am I wrong? Because if you are, to me that fact alone ensures your views are very different from mine.
do I look nervous? :scratch:
I don't understand why you're so curious. But either way I don't want to not get into this again.
yes, I am curious what makes someone say a player who has won so many GS, TMS and various other tournaments beating players like Federer, Soderling, Djokovic in the process is "a joke". I understand you don't like Nadal but what makes you describe him as being a joke? I see so many people speaking as if there is no connection between their mouths and their brains. In this case you look to me as one of them.

tribalfusion
03-18-2011, 07:48 PM

Roger Federer et al described as "generic opposition"

Another brain-dead MTF moment.

acionescu
03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
maybe but, as every Fedfan will be more than happy to point out, numbers are all that matter :D

Crazy Girl
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
Manliness at its finest. Way to go Rog!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::tape::tape::tap e: :lol::lol::lol:
oh my.......oh fly......
this is a final of Wimbledon!

not a 1/4 of IW against Doctor Ivo....

Nole fan
03-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Q: “Do you enjoy playing a player like him?”

Nadal: “No.”

Good article on this match (http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2011/03/beating-the-lottery.html).

DrJules
03-18-2011, 09:08 PM

Karlovic should've won, but yet again Nadal lucks out a win...poor Ivo, poor Indian Wells. But most of all...poor ATP.

Cheater, moonballer, pretends to be humble when he isn't, takes fake timeouts and takes ages between points...just a few of the reasons why.

His draw is a joke btw.
Every single opponent isn't even ranked above 70 :retard:

I guess you will be supporting Nadal if he plays Djokovic in the final.:lol::lol::lol:

shelley76
03-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Rafa won a hard fought battle last night against a very inspired and well playing Karlovic(actually the first time I enjoyed watching Dr Ivo, and didn't feel like he was an abomination on the court! He was really good!) Now he has probably shaken that off, forgotten all about it and is now preparing for his doubles and singles matches against even better opponentS. Yet you people are still here, 13 pages later, the next day, discussing, above all things, the way he celebrated that win? What the hell is wrong with you morons?

I mean are you idiots new? Have you just started following tennis and therefore have no clue about who Rafael Nadal is?

He fist pumps, he celebrates with verve and passion, he fights, he is intense and he really likes to win. Which he lets you know unequivocally. he considers winning, even so much as a point, a major victory and he doesn't let up unless he absolutely cannot help it.

This is, and has always been, the hallmark of his game since the very beginning and that has not changed. It's one of the reasons why he is so tough to play and it is the main reason for his amazing success. He certainly is not the sort of player who will be thinking that he will save his natural elation at winning an incredible match for the slams or even the finals of the tournie. His emotions are real and he never tries to suppress them. Why should he? it goes with his awesome competitive nature and it's the reason why so many people love him. I mean even the Tournie Director was completely involved in the outcome of that match. That's what rafa does to you and even his haters can feel that tangible response(don't deny it).

One last thing. Some of you have your knickers in a bunch because he apparently celebrated karlovic's double fault(s).Well usually i'm against this kind of response as well and can't stand it when andy murray does it. However, i've been watching Rafa for a while now and have never seen him do this. But, in this case, come on people! It's Karlovic! When this guy serves up a double fault, it is reason to celebrate! I mean, if I was playing him I would be so happy I would probably not be able to play the rest of the match! I'd throw a freakin party!

Rafa's celebration was over the top but certainly not offensive or uncalled for. In fact, quite the opposite. Give the kid a break for goodness sake! Let him enjoy his win.

Sillyrabbit
03-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Q: “Do you enjoy playing a player like him?”

Nadal: “No.”

Good article on this match (http://blogs.tennis.com/thewrap/2011/03/beating-the-lottery.html).

:lol: Not surprising, he has said he gets no rhythm to get into rallies from players who hammer down lots of heavy serves

oranges
03-18-2011, 09:30 PM
I doubt anyone could answer differently and be sincere :lol:

fast_clay
03-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Rafa won a hard fought battle last night against a very inspired and well playing Karlovic(actually the first time I enjoyed watching Dr Ivo, and didn't feel like he was an abomination on the court! He was really good!) Now he has probably shaken that off, forgotten all about it and is now preparing for his doubles and singles matches against even better opponentS. Yet you people are still here, 13 pages later, the next day, discussing, above all things, the way he celebrated that win? What the hell is wrong with you morons?

I mean are you idiots new? Have you just started following tennis and therefore have no clue about who Rafael Nadal is?

He fist pumps, he celebrates with verve and passion, he fights, he is intense and he really likes to win. Which he lets you know unequivocally. he considers winning, even so much as a point, a major victory and he doesn't let up unless he absolutely cannot help it.

This is, and has always been, the hallmark of his game since the very beginning and that has not changed. It's one of the reasons why he is so tough to play and it is the main reason for his amazing success. He certainly is not the sort of player who will be thinking that he will save his natural elation at winning an incredible match for the slams or even the finals of the tournie. His emotions are real and he never tries to suppress them. Why should he? it goes with his awesome competitive nature and it's the reason why so many people love him. I mean even the Tournie Director was completely involved in the outcome of that match. That's what rafa does to you and even his haters can feel that tangible response(don't deny it).

One last thing. Some of you have your knickers in a bunch because he apparently celebrated karlovic's double fault(s).Well usually i'm against this kind of response as well and can't stand it when andy murray does it. However, i've been watching Rafa for a while now and have never seen him do this. But, in this case, come on people! It's Karlovic! When this guy serves up a double fault, it is reason to celebrate! I mean, if I was playing him I would be so happy I would probably not be able to play the rest of the match! I'd throw a freakin party!

Rafa's celebration was over the top but certainly not offensive or uncalled for. In fact, quite the opposite. Give the kid a break for goodness sake! Let him enjoy his win.

hey... put 2008 rg final on and go play with yourself for a while... it'll achieve the same result, cos you're wasting space here...

GlennMirnyi
03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
Roger Federer et al described as "generic opposition"

Another brain-dead MTF moment.

One example becomes enough to describe every other player on tour.

Amazing logic. :worship:

shelley76
03-18-2011, 10:52 PM
hey... put 2008 rg final on and go play with yourself for a while... it'll achieve the same result, cos you're wasting space here...

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, wear the t-shirt all the time. It says VAMOS RAFA KEEP THEM COMING!

That was a sublime performance by the way. Don't you wish you had a player who could get you that excited??

Is that all you've got? because a Manatee could have written a more clever response :rolleyes: :rolleyes: MORON :rolleyes:

Sapeod
03-18-2011, 11:02 PM
I guess you will be supporting Nadal if he plays Djokovic in the final.:lol::lol::lol:
No, I will want Djokovic to win.
Even though he is also a terrible, arrogant, clown who acts humble he is not as bad as Nadal.

Sapeod
03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
MTF's owner has spoken :lol: :retard:

fast_clay
03-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt, wear the t-shirt all the time. It says VAMOS RAFA KEEP THEM COMING!

That was a sublime performance by the way. Don't you wish you had a player who could get you that excited??

Is that all you've got? because a Manatee could have written a more clever response :rolleyes: :rolleyes: MORON :rolleyes:

listen, no one wants to read a novel about you flicking your love button over rafa... time and a place love... that place is the player forums... the time is for the forseeable future...

hope this helps...

good luck and cheerio

MTF's owner has spoken :lol: :retard:

quiet foetus

@Sweet Cleopatra
03-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Vamos Rafa fighter and dont be sad Karlovic, you played very good. Vamos Rafa

:worship:

Orka_n
03-19-2011, 12:50 AM
do I look nervous? :scratch:I didn't say you were. You're extremely edgy though.
yes, I am curious what makes someone say a player who has won so many GS, TMS and various other tournaments beating players like Federer, Soderling, Djokovic in the process is "a joke". I understand you don't like Nadal but what makes you describe him as being a joke? I see so many people speaking as if there is no connection between their mouths and their brains. In this case you look to me as one of them.So you list Nadal's achievements and then insult my intelligence. Classy. Did it ever cross your mind that it might be something else than his tennis skills I have a problem with?

Besides, didn't you say you weren't going to try to change my mind about Rafa? Then what are you doing right now? Just give up, I don't care about what you think is so great about him. :shrug:

Guy Haines
03-19-2011, 03:31 AM

Tempted to repost this times 100. especially, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS" MTF has made so many decisive breaks from reality as of late it's pretty much worthless. Posters here are so far up their own, um, egos and whatever online character or personality they think they have :help:, that actual conversation about tennis is absent. Each time I check back in, it's worse: less talk about actual tennis, more insulting. Good luck to the mods, who've erased whole pages of this thread, including decent posts, to clean up children's messes.

A message board devoted to discussing tennis could in some way back up one's experiences of enjoying seeing it or enjoying playing it. This is not the board for that. It really is better just to watch and play the game with real-life friends, and use this site for correspondence at most and nothing else.

tribalfusion
03-19-2011, 04:58 AM
One example becomes enough to describe every other player on tour.

Amazing logic. :worship:

More brain-dead scribbling.

This time I won't bother with the explanation.

Enjoy yourself moron.

River
03-19-2011, 04:59 AM
Karlovic was cloooose.

Nadal is staggering. Delpo actually might stand a chance, even if he's still on the road to recovery!

shelley76
03-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Tempted to repost this times 100. especially, "WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU MORONS" MTF has made so many decisive breaks from reality as of late it's pretty much worthless. Posters here are so far up their own, um, egos and whatever online character or personality they think they have :help:, that actual conversation about tennis is absent. Each time I check back in, it's worse: less talk about actual tennis, more insulting. Good luck to the mods, who've erased whole pages of this thread, including decent posts, to clean up children's messes.

A message board devoted to discussing tennis could in some way back up one's experiences of enjoying seeing it or enjoying playing it. This is not the board for that. It really is better just to watch and play the game with real-life friends, and use this site for correspondence at most and nothing else.

Thank you for this. Finally someone with something REAL to say.
You are right the people on here have completely lost the plot and the point of this forum. Sadly.

There are even some people posting here, who I strongly suspect, neither like tennis nor any of the players playing it. WHY THE HELL ARE THEY HERE?

That match yesterday was one of the most intense ones i've seen in a while from any player and you could tell that both Rafa and Ivo cared about it alot and really wanted to win.

Even Koeinig and Adler where still talking about it today during both the Djokovic and Federer matches. Saying their matches were like a let down after the adrenaline pumping one between Ivo and Rafa.

So can you imagine how Rafa, himself, felt then after winning such a match? Or how Ivo would have felt had he won? Coming here after that and reading the drivel, by these idiots, was my let down. How could any real tennis fans not have appreciated this lovely match? :confused:

I've been watching Rafa play for a while now; through six slam wins on all surfaces and several Masters titles and the only other time i've ever seen him this emotional about a win was when he won the Olympic gold. He was just really happy for this win. Probably because his match previously with Devvarman was the worst i've seen him play ever or because of what an intense mental and physical battle it is to play The Doctor.

Why then , by the logic of some pathetic losers on here, who have no idea about competition and being competitive, was he not allowed to celebrate that? I mean rafa was still celebrating even when he was packing away his things and when he signed the camera.

It was not an in your face celebration. it was just pure honest to goodness elation! Nothing wrong with that!

shelley76
03-19-2011, 05:12 AM
listen, no one wants to read a novel about you flicking your love button over rafa... time and a place love... that place is the player forums... the time is for the forseeable future...

hope this helps...

good luck and cheerio

quiet foetus

This response is a little bit revisionist history considering you are the one who started down this gutter trail in the first place. you really are a complete jackass!!

And my response, in case you missed moron, was pure sarcasm and simply my way of telling you to piss off!!

careergrandslam
03-19-2011, 05:16 AM
still these haters are bitter over rafas epic victory over karlovic.

vamos legend!

you are the best sportsman on planet earth right now!

fast_clay
03-19-2011, 05:21 AM
This response is a little bit revisionist history considering you are the one who started down this gutter trail in the first place. you really are a complete jackass!!

And my response, in case you missed moron, was pure sarcasm and simply my way of telling you to piss off!!

two words: player forums

next please...

star
03-19-2011, 05:26 AM

next please...

I'll remember to tell you this next time you have something positive to say about a player

You know, should that moment arrive. :p

shelley76
03-19-2011, 05:28 AM

next please...

Wanna take a guess what my two words to you are?

Here's a clue, since you are A LOT stupid, starts with F... :wavey:

fast_clay
03-19-2011, 05:32 AM
I'll remember to tell you this next time you have something positive to say about a player

You know, should that moment arrive. :p

:lol: crikey, the cheek...

hey... look... so what... i'm into harrassing the noobs a little bit today... :shrug: entertained you din'it...? :) anyways, you know... the players i support are more the muggish type... so i am not weighed down by the need to compliment...

so listen... we'll make a deal... you take shelley out the back into rafa land... and i'll continue on here... sounds good...? i like it...

fast_clay
03-19-2011, 05:34 AM
Wanna take a guess what my two words to you are?

Here's a clue, since you are A LOT stupid, starts with F... :wavey:

:bigwave: i like fire trucks too

shelley76
03-19-2011, 05:38 AM
:bigwave: i like fire trucks too

EM ETIB...NOW REVERSE IT!! :)

star
03-19-2011, 01:17 PM
:lol: crikey, the cheek...

hey... look... so what... i'm into harrassing the noobs a little bit today... :shrug: entertained you din'it...? :) anyways, you know... the players i support are more the muggish type... so i am not weighed down by the need to compliment...

so listen... we'll make a deal... you take shelley out the back into rafa land... and i'll continue on here... sounds good...? i like it...

Shelley has never been to Rafaland as far as I know. :shrug:

I hate to disillusion you.

Mungo
03-19-2011, 05:57 PM
Screaming vamos after df's, so classy:clap2:

Fedull's grunts are louder when he's in trouble and his opponent makes UE. Nadal applauds his opponents while they're leaving the court, the joker does it when his opponents hit great shots, Fedull does neither.

Mungo
03-19-2011, 06:11 PM

Exactly, haters only make Nadal's wins sweeter!

Mungo
03-19-2011, 06:14 PM

Yes he has done it many times when he was in trouble, and also grunted louder than Nadal on UE from his opponents in similar situations. Fedtards are blind as usual.

Mungo
03-19-2011, 08:13 PM
the title of the article in French newspaper this morning : "Nadal what a fighter !"

You can be certain that if Fed had done the same match, you would have "Fed near to the abyss" :lol:

Fedull lost to Karlovic when it got tight

Mungo
03-19-2011, 08:24 PM

Clueless hater. Nadal was clearly the better player. Only a good game by Karlovic at the end of the 1st set brought him to the 3rd set TB, he had no chance on Nadal's serve apart from that game.

Mungo
03-19-2011, 08:29 PM

I wish Nadal in his prime had the opposition that Fed had in 2003-07 LOL