IW QF WWW: Wawrinka vs. Federer [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW QF WWW: Wawrinka vs. Federer

bokehlicious
03-17-2011, 08:36 AM
Stan takes this one so Roger can enjoy some more with Gavin...

Arkulari
03-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Hopefully Stan can help Roger avoid the humiliation at Nole's hand :lol:

Elbarto
03-17-2011, 08:40 AM
Wawrinka in 3 sets,

Federer seems not to be at his best level, he made an average match against Harrison, if his first serve percentage drops a little Wawrinka can take his chances

Ad Wim
03-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Wawrinka has a day rest, which suits him, and he is playing better every match. But still Federer takes this 99 out of 100 times.

Lleyton_
03-17-2011, 08:59 AM
Winner will lose 6-0 6-1 in the next round :scared:

FlameOn
03-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Wawa will win the first set, get nervous and lose the next two.

Puschkin
03-17-2011, 09:24 AM
Wawrinka has the game to win, but I am not convinced that he will be able to do so, too much history involved. Roger in three sets and it wil be tough for him.

orangehat
03-17-2011, 09:48 AM
depends on the scheduling. night session please...

Blackbriar
03-17-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm afraid Wawrinka will kneel before His Majesty ala Verdasco with Nadal.

FlameOn
03-17-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm afraid Wawrinka will kneel before His Majesty ala Verdasco with Nadal.
Difference is Wawa did manage to beat Fed once. :lol::sobbing:

Topspindoctor
03-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Mugwrinka lacks guts and fortitude to beat his Swiss Overlord. Hell, he'd probably lose to him had he played against Olderer on playstation. He should have been fined for his disgraceful bend over job last time they met in AO.

Rafa#Uno:-)
03-17-2011, 10:32 AM
Un-Interesting match ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!

under swiss gives his olderer the match

bokehlicious
03-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Raftards dirtying this thread with their usual bullshit :rolleyes: :zzz:

ApproachShot
03-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Both have had very good starts to the season so far and Stan seems to be playing as well as he ever has right now. Federer should win, but if he plays the way he did yesterday against Harrison it could well be his doubles partner who progresses at his expense.

canbera
03-17-2011, 11:26 AM
People are pretty sure Stan is going to lose, but he's beaten Davydenko, Cilic and Berdych in a row.. Two of those matches were tight three-setters.
Since he works together with Peter Lundgren, Wawrinka is winning a lot of close matches, and that surely gives him confidence.

So why shouldn't he win against Federer as well.

ZaZoo)
03-17-2011, 11:49 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CT4y-UiwdC0/SDv-y9RgAeI/AAAAAAAAAcw/0OTUE8sF5FA/s320/lapdog3337.jpg

Sunset of Age
03-17-2011, 11:52 AM
Wawa seems to be in an awesome form lately. Rog should win this, but if he comes out clowning again, I can well see Wawa getting the victory.
A three-setter, outcome... unknown.

vn01
03-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Luckerer in 2 :(

Sonja1989
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Federer in 3.

ApproachShot
03-17-2011, 02:11 PM
People are pretty sure Stan is going to lose, but he's beaten Davydenko, Cilic and Berdych in a row.. Two of those matches were tight three-setters.
Since he works together with Peter Lundgren, Wawrinka is winning a lot of close matches, and that surely gives him confidence.

So why shouldn't he win against Federer as well.

Wawrinka's definitely been flying under the radar. Only last season the three players that you mentioned were in the top 10 for not an insignificant amount of time. I think Stan himself has a great chance of cracking the top 10 again this year.

ossie
03-17-2011, 02:50 PM
mugwinka has shown he does not have the balls to beat fed. only way for fed to lose this is if he decides to give it away because he doesn't want to face the joke again.

tealeaves
03-17-2011, 03:11 PM
Olderer in 3

duong
03-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Contrary to what many say, Wawrinka is not a good match-up for Fed, when you really watch their matches.

In Melbourne, he was coming from two night-session matches and he was not adapted to day-sessions, however the beginning of the match was tight.

Wawrinka sometimes had mental failures against Fed, that's true.

But he feels more confident and solid now.

I don't think at all about Djokovic (who should also be careful about Gasquet, who will not make tuns of UE like Troicki or Gulbis ;) , even though Wawrinka is currently better than Gasquet),

only about that very good player who Wawrinka is.

I'd say Fed in 3.

duong
03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Wawrinka's definitely been flying under the radar.

only the radars of MTF which are quite "special", but Davy-Wawrinka and Berdych-Wawrinka were the best matches of their round.

EnriqueIG8
03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
Fed in 2 but I ain't surprised if this goes to 3.

No matter what, Roger needs to win this. No excuses.

chenx15
03-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm giving Stan the Man this one in 2 sets.

Johnny Groove
03-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Fedtards complaining of Rafa's draw when Fed's draw is full of his own bitches.

Fedmug in 2.

abraxas21
03-17-2011, 05:03 PM
fed aint winning the tournament in this form. he might beat wawa but i dont think he's got what it takes to beat faker or even pocahontas. because of that, it wouldnt be that bad if he loses to a friend in the QF.

but he'll prolly beat wawa anyhow

Blackbriar
03-17-2011, 05:04 PM
"Stan, i want an easy match before my semifinal against Djokovic."
"Yes My Liege"
"Will you kneel as i told you to?"
"Yes My Lord, not only because it's your order, but also because it's my pleasure."
"Good boy. Now, lick my shoes."

abraxas21
03-17-2011, 05:05 PM
Fedtards complaining of Rafa's draw when Fed's draw is full of his own bitches.

Fedmug in 2.

you cant possibly compare the draws

the highest ranked player nadull has faced thus far has been devvarman.

Roamed
03-17-2011, 05:13 PM
I'd rather Stan gets the chance to get to the semis than for Fed to win and play a bad match against Nole again... I reckon it'll be in just 2 sets, not sure for whom though.

Johnny Groove
03-17-2011, 05:23 PM
you cant possibly compare the draws

the highest ranked player nadull has faced thus far has been devvarman.

Tennis is not about rankings, it is about matchups.

Karlovic is ranked 200+ and Chela is ranked 29. Who is playing better?

Look, I'm not complaining about Fed's draw or Nadal's draw, I could give a fuck. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. Top players get favorable draws, it is what it is.

Blackbriar
03-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd rather Stan gets the chance to get to the semis than for Fed to win and play a bad match against Nole again... I reckon it'll be in just 2 sets, not sure for whom though.

me too, Stan doesn't get a shit about Djokovic's run of form, and he has nothing to lose, he will show him something different. Unfortunately, He will get Federized just before :sad:

nole_no1
03-17-2011, 07:12 PM
At the AO i was sure Wawrinka will put real problems to Fed but he was just a mug and played like sh*t
I hope now it'll be diferent but i really don't think so

Blackbriar
03-17-2011, 09:33 PM
"slave?"
"yes Master?"
"After i thumps you, you will clean my locker, it was badly done yesterday."
"With pleasure, your Highness..."

duong
03-17-2011, 09:44 PM
"slave?"
"yes Master?"

reported

nsidhan
03-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Didn't Fed beat Wawa at AO before losing to Nole in the semis ;).

Aenea
03-17-2011, 09:49 PM
"slave?"
"yes Master?"

:lol:
yeah, something like that.
Stan just doesn't have the guts to put pressure on Fed let alone beat him.

reported

:bs:

duong
03-17-2011, 09:53 PM
Tennis is not about rankings, it is about matchups.

Karlovic is ranked 200+ and Chela is ranked 29. Who is playing better?

Look, I'm not complaining about Fed's draw or Nadal's draw, I could give a fuck. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. Top players get favorable draws, it is what it is.

the problem is that people say complete bullshits about matchups on this forum :

no Fed is not comfortable when he plays Wawrinka at all as some stupid guys like Blackbriar say.

Last year in Stockholm Wawrinka outplayed Fed for one set and a half.

And if you speak about matchups, one is very clear : Andreev is a very bad match-up for Fed, in all of the tournaments where Fed had beaten him he won the tournament ... but lost a set to him.
In New-York 2008 he went to 5 sets, in Melbourne 2010 he was one point away from being led 2 sets to 1.

I also read some people who said Harrison was ranked 150 ... but Harrison is clearly a young talented emerging gun, who is now number 60 in the Race.

And Chela I read bulshits like "Chela cannot do anything against Fed" : but last year on his way to Toronto final, Fed had to win the first set in tie-break only 9-7 and it was very tight.

But most of all I'm fed-up with the utter disrespect which people show to top-level players on this forum : outside of top-10 (and even there :rolleyes: ) they're all mugs, even Wawrinka who has been top-10 and is on a good way to be it again, even Davydenko and my God what a carreer he's had ! utterly fed-up with that total absence of respect :mad:

duong
03-17-2011, 09:56 PM
:bs:

that's the first time I report a post but this one was very rude :(

Aenea
03-17-2011, 10:08 PM
that's the first time I report a post but this one was very rude :(

Because of crybabies like you the fun threads got deleted and now people are pocking fun to players all over GM. You are a paragon of humorless man.

shiaben
03-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Hopefully Stan can help Roger avoid the humiliation at Nole's hand :lol:

Last night I was thinking about this for the record.

If Federer were to advance and face Djokovic (as a normal person might predict), he has that high chance of getting defeated at the hands of Nole once again.

For this reason now that I think of it.... I'm changing my mind and going with Wawrinka in 3. Federer will intentionally fix this somehow, to avoid giving a rise to Djokovic's h2h against him :)

duong
03-17-2011, 10:15 PM
Because of crybabies like you the fun threads got deleted and now people are pocking fun to players all over GM. You are a paragon of humorless man.

I make a difference between humour (I loved many humour threads in this forum and I would never like them to be deleted : I like absurd humour like Piggygotroasted's )

and viciousness : I can't see what's funny about speaking of Wawrinka that way,

but I can see what kind of bad mind can think something like that : from someone who doesn't like human beings.

Vida
03-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I thought wawrinka will finally beat fed at a slam this year, big disappointment that was.

for this match, 'normally' would be fed, but more things are in play here (including feds fear of becoming djokers pigeon). still its hard having any faith in wawrinka, so I say fed in 2 close sets.

sergiodc
03-17-2011, 10:32 PM
Rogelio beat Wawrinka in straight sets

coonster14
03-17-2011, 10:40 PM
C'MON Stan!!! He's beaten Roger once before, make it a 2nd win.

I still think Roger will win this one though.

Dejan16
03-17-2011, 11:42 PM
At the AO i was sure Wawrinka will put real problems to Fed but he was just a mug and played like sh*t
I hope now it'll be diferent but i really don't think so

+1 :o

Clay Death
03-18-2011, 01:40 AM
fed snatches this one folks.

more than likely it will be straight sets.

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2011, 05:16 AM
"Stan, i want an easy match before my semifinal against Djokovic."
"Yes My Liege"
"Will you kneel as i told you to?"
"Yes My Lord, not only because it's your order, but also because it's my pleasure."
"Good boy. Now, lick my shoes."

Most likely scenario

Wawrinka bending over for his master will be no surprise

abraxas21
03-18-2011, 05:20 AM
why do these pigtards keep on callin wawa fed's bitch?

wawa has actually beaten federer. something i cant say about 90% of the spanish mugs who've played against pocahontas

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2011, 05:27 AM

wawa has actually beaten federer. something i cant say about 90% of the spanish mugs who've played against pocahontas

You are completely right, Federers real bitch is Davydonkey
that skinny clown who couldn't even make a GS final.

abraxas21
03-18-2011, 05:30 AM
You are completely right, Federers real bitch is Davydonkey
that skinny clown who couldn't even make a GS final.

if davydenko is a clown, i wonder what that makes of nadal. little remainder centered in bold below

6-4

and i dont care he has not won a GS. he's one of the funniest characters in the top 10. a genuine nice guy with other players. plus, even if he lacks a bit of variety, i'm quite fond of his game.

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2011, 05:33 AM
if davydenko is a clown, i wonder what that makes of nadal. little remainder centered in bold below

6-4

9 GS (at a younger age) > 0 GS

If a blind monkey picks the right answer once doesn't mean its smarter than Newton

P.S. I know you're a Fedtard so I'll spell it out
Davydonkey = blink monkey who got a few lucky wins and has never even made a GS final
Nadal = Newton - brilliant tennis strategies which led to 9 GS before the age of 25

LOGIC - can Davydonkey fans learn it

abraxas21
03-18-2011, 05:38 AM
9 GS (at a younger age) > 0 GS

then by the same logic, i guess you also think federer is a greater player than nadal.

i'd respond to the rest of your post but the comparison of nadal with newton simply knocked me down. if you were to increase your post-count, i think you'd have a very good shot at winning the ACC. Keep up the good work, man.

rafa_maniac
03-18-2011, 05:39 AM
There's every chance that Wawa could win this match, but you'd still be a fool to predict it. Until the day Fed is done I'll always stick with him in this matchup.

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2011, 05:40 AM
then by the same logic, i guess you also think federer is a greater player than nadal.

i'd respond to the rest of your post but the comparison of nadal with newton simply knocked me down. if you were to increase your post-count, i think you'd have a very good shot at winning the ACC. Keep up the good work, man.

YOu did not understand the younger age part in brackets

Sad, that Fedtardism is destroying peoples logic.

P.S. The ACC is always won by some Federer loving clown

abraxas21
03-18-2011, 05:43 AM
whatever you say, son...

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2011, 05:46 AM
whatever you say, son...

Another davydonkey troll owned
Go cry like Fed in the corner

Gain some logic, man up and then face the light of RFK again

abraxas21
03-18-2011, 05:48 AM

:lol:

you're a piece of work

The Magician
03-18-2011, 05:53 AM
R=FK is the original Nadulltard. Nothing to do but marvel at his influential and revolutionary posting style derived from a genuinely demented brain :worship:

Rafa = Fed Killa
03-18-2011, 05:55 AM
R=FK is the original Nadulltard. Nothing to do but marvel at his influential and revolutionary posting style derived from a genuinely demented brain :worship:

I am happy to say the light of RFK has spread across MTF that there are many champions now against the Federer and his tards.

The new generation carries on my work as they were born to do

P.S. Back to topic.
Federer in 2 to set up a beatdown from the Djoker

abraxas21
03-18-2011, 06:01 AM
poor thread. there is only going to be one outcome

and here i was thinking a player could lose and win at the same time... silly me.

finishingmove
03-18-2011, 06:02 AM
stan is a good boy, and after all the happy times they had in doubles this week, it's only natural that he lets his buddy federer take this.

crude oil
03-18-2011, 06:31 AM
hopefully federer wins this.

because then djokovic can kick federer's ass once again.

if stan wins, the semi wont have the same kind of allure...although it would be a great win for stan to beat roger. i also think stan is ready to beat federer and wouldnt be surprised to see Wawa take this.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-18-2011, 07:34 AM
I think Federer will win this in 2 sets. Wawrinka gets psyched out by Fed, Federer vs Djokovic coming to a tv near you :p

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 09:21 AM
Wawrinka is playing some inspired tennis and he won a title this year, but we know what will happen:sad:

alter ego
03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
stan is a good boy, and after all the happy times they had in doubles this week, it's only natural that he lets his buddy federer take this.

:spit:

A serbiantard saying this after Troicki gave Fakervic a blowjob on court yesterday... priceless.

duong
03-18-2011, 09:36 AM

yes Stan has beaten Fed, which Ferrer, Verdasco, Robredo and Almagro have actually never done.

dombrfc
03-18-2011, 10:35 AM
But most of all I'm fed-up with the utter disrespect which people show to top-level players on this forum : outside of top-10 (and even there :rolleyes: ) they're all mugs, even Wawrinka who has been top-10 and is on a good way to be it again, even Davydenko and my God what a carreer he's had ! utterly fed-up with that total absence of respect :mad:

You, me and the handful of other tennis fans on here too.

03-18-2011, 10:39 AM
first Fed -Stan in singles then they should play with each other in doubles
That can be difficult.
How often is that happen on Atp?

deebyeah
03-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Federer will win easily

03-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Peter lundgren takes this.

duong
03-18-2011, 10:42 AM
That can be difficult.

it happens from time to time, I remember some things like players who meet in a final and also play a doubles final together.

orangehat
03-18-2011, 10:46 AM
That can be difficult.

llodra beat benneteau in marseille final last year and immediately won doubles with him afterwards.

dabeast
03-18-2011, 10:55 AM
the problem is that people say complete bullshits about matchups on this forum :

no Fed is not comfortable when he plays Wawrinka at all as some stupid guys like Blackbriar say.

Last year in Stockholm Wawrinka outplayed Fed for one set and a half.

And if you speak about matchups, one is very clear : Andreev is a very bad match-up for Fed, in all of the tournaments where Fed had beaten him he won the tournament ... but lost a set to him.
In New-York 2008 he went to 5 sets, in Melbourne 2010 he was one point away from being led 2 sets to 1.

I also read some people who said Harrison was ranked 150 ... but Harrison is clearly a young talented emerging gun, who is now number 60 in the Race.

And Chela I read bulshits like "Chela cannot do anything against Fed" : but last year on his way to Toronto final, Fed had to win the first set in tie-break only 9-7 and it was very tight.

:yeah: Nothing more to be said.

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 11:27 AM
so true, according to many MTF lurkers there are only 3 professional tennismen in the world: Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. All the others are mugs, chokers, clowns etc....

Nadull_tard
03-18-2011, 11:40 AM
so true, according to many MTF lurkers there are only 3 professional tennismen in the world: Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. All the others are mugs, chokers, clowns etc....

Sometimes the truth is very painful. Though, I would add Del Potro and Davydenko to this company.

duong
03-18-2011, 11:42 AM

thank you for not sharing this view : thanks for that :) :worship:

Blackbriar
03-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Sometimes the truth is very painful. Though, I would add Del Potro and Davydenko to this company.

:bs: apparently, you know nothing about competition. I guess everytime the trio is beaten by anyone else, it's an accident or due ton an injury or any other fake reason.:silly:

ossie
03-18-2011, 11:48 AM
so true, according to many MTF lurkers there are only 3 professional tennismen in the world: Nadal, Federer and Djokovic. All the others are mugs, chokers, clowns etc....replace the joke with goat potro and you have the only 3 real tennis players in the world.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-18-2011, 01:51 PM
You can't play any better than what Wawrinka was playing at the Australian Open this year, and Federer slaughtered him, so this should be no different, Federer 6-2 6-2 :p

duong
03-18-2011, 01:53 PM
You can't play any better than what Wawrinka was playing at the Australian Open this year, and Federer slaughtered him, so this should be no different, Federer 6-2 6-2 :p

he came from two night sessions and could not adapt to the very different conditions in the day in Australia.

plus Fed took the lead in the end of the first set which was quite tight indeed, then he had the momentum ...

nsidhan
03-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Fed lost. But I will have a lot more respect for Stan if he does beat Fed. Takes a lot of balls ;) to beat your "mentor".

Either way, Djokovic has a couple items on his breakfast menu that he would like to serve to the winner of this match :D.

duong
03-18-2011, 02:31 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Fed lost. But I will have a lot more respect for Stan if he does beat Fed. Takes a lot of balls ;) to beat your "mentor".

I'm always surprised that people always forget that he did actually beat him once : yes Fed just got married but it was a "real match", I remember it.

nalbyfan
03-18-2011, 02:43 PM

Ha ha ....you're right !!! Only 3 or maybe 4 players on ATP tour...others are nothing but (various stupid knicknames..)
Some MTF members seem to have a VERY bad knowledge of tennis

nsidhan
03-18-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm always surprised that people always forget that he did actually beat him once : yes Fed just got married but it was a "real match", I remember it.

No one has forgotten anything...

Matt01
03-18-2011, 03:29 PM

Wawrinka was playing horribly in that match against Fed :help:

I.C.H.
03-18-2011, 03:40 PM
thanks for that - nearly everyone seems to be a mug, choker etc., that´s ridiculous.

but not only everyone beside nadal, federer and djokovic: even federer is subject to massive bashings.
if i was a 16-time grandslam-champion, holding pretty much all the important records and having a family with 2 young children, i guess i wouldn´t give my life for each point any more as well. actually, this one week to equal sampras' nr.1-record is the only thing left to achieve for him. he'll try to reclaim nr.1 one more time this year, but if he fails, i guess he won't fall into depressions but have some 2 or 3 more years in top 10 and a very nice time - despite being called a huge huge mug and choker by many people here.

juan27
03-18-2011, 03:51 PM

jajajja.

you are clown and you don`t nothing about tennis!!!

nadal is younger, but borg and other players won much when they were youngers and after that couldn`t won much titles, the age don`t tell anything.

and nadal win much in clay, but he never plays with clay courts specialist!!!! players like kuerten,courier, the best moya and ferrero,muster,kafelnikov,corretja,etc....if nadal plays with these players perhaps he can`t win much in clay, the era 2005-2011 are very weak in clay courts.

this new generation with the excepcion of nole, not be better than the bests hewitt,safin,roddick,ferrero,moya,etc..

and the players more dificults to nadal are nalbandian,davydenko,blake, and other players of the federer generation

KenMirnyi
03-18-2011, 03:52 PM
The by far biggest idiot on the board and complete braindead clown, is talking about a genuinely demented brain... :crazy::rolls::haha:

you're the man:woohoo: