IW R4: [12] S.Wawrinka defeats [7] T.Berdych 3-6 6-4 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW R4: [12] S.Wawrinka defeats [7] T.Berdych 3-6 6-4 6-4

Gladiator
03-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Top seeds keep falling

Rinka came back strong

orangehat
03-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Stan was pretty awful in terms of game plan throughout the match :o

Berdych was UE machine in sets 2 and 3 plus his service percentage :help:

oranges :p

Certinfy
03-16-2011, 11:30 PM
Good! Would of been destroyed by Federer playing like that utter piece of shit in sets 2 and 3, didn't even have a fucking serve!

Li Ching Yuen
03-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Learn the serve Tomas, it's an important shot.

Tom Paulman
03-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Berdych is absolute disgrace to tennis. The fact that he's top 10 makes the sport look shameful. Brain of a bird, mental strength of a 3 year old girl.

tsmile789
03-16-2011, 11:34 PM
Burdych is a clown, loosing to Wawrinka in most big events

Certinfy
03-16-2011, 11:36 PM
Berdych is absolute disgrace to tennis. The fact that he's top 10 makes the sport look shameful. Brain of a bird, mental strength of a 3 year old girl.

Agreed about the mental part. What's even worse is considering that his play was actually of a high level in the first set as well :retard:

Arkulari
03-16-2011, 11:37 PM
Berdych :spit: :spit:
Where's Bilbo? :p

Mr. Oracle
03-16-2011, 11:38 PM
great, now we get to see wawa roll into a fetal position for fed. berdych vs fed would have been a match.

Certinfy
03-16-2011, 11:38 PM
great, now we get to see wawa roll into a fetal position for fed. berdych vs fed would have been a match.
So true, Berdych plays his best against Federer for some reason, seems to play utter shit against any other player though :o

LocoPorElTenis
03-16-2011, 11:39 PM
and Fed fans were complaining that Nadal had an easy draw :spit:
Great tournament for Wawa, fighting hard in every match :yeah:

Corey Feldman
03-16-2011, 11:41 PM
Fed/Rinka making Berdych pay since the crime he commited on Fed at Wimbledon

Globetrotter
03-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Not a good match from Tomas. He finally managed to put the massive amount of doublefaults he did at the end of last year out of his game, but on the other side he didn't serve a single ace whole match. Don't know if this has ever happened to Berdych, don't think it did, certainly not in three-set-match over more than two and a half hours. He wasn't really confident after all, but when he came back from 0-40 in the middle of the third set to eventually win the service game, I thought he'd win the match. He had lots of opportunies, but I think he should really have used the bp he had when Wawrinka served for the second set, played a really bad forehand instead. Oh well, should just focus on defending as much points as possible in Miami.

Wawrinka was crazy on the other hand today. But some brillant shots up but was also passive in a lot of rallies. I was really surprised by the slices, I think second and third set he returned 99% of Tomas' serves with a slice. Still he won the match, so it wasn't the worst tactic. Hopefully he'll put up some fight against Federer.

Certinfy
03-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Soderling - Played like shit against Kohlschreiber
Murray - Played like shit against Young
Ferrer - Played like shit against Karlovic
Berdych - Played like shit against Wawrinka

Which top 8 seed is next? :lol: I'm going with Roddick.

GlennMirnyi
03-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Berdych isn't playing like crap.

His game is crap.

viruzzz
03-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Oh well... We know this could happen.
Troicki gave the match to Djokovic, and now Wawa is giving it to Fed...

Well... Nadal didn't face any spaniard, because all of them would give the match to him (Maybe not Ferrer).
If Roddick def Djokovic, Federer will have his way to the final for free.
But that won't happen, Djokovic is a machine right now.

Bilbo
03-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Some people were saying Berdych is flying under the radar. What happened here?

Nole fan
03-16-2011, 11:50 PM
Djokovic has to play Federer in the semis. It cannot be any other way. He has to snatch his nº2 right in front of him. :devil:
Wawa, do your job.

Certinfy
03-16-2011, 11:53 PM
He couldn't serve, that's what happened.

Bilbo
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM
He couldn't serve, that's what happened.

bad for a supposed top player

you can't say these things about nadal or federer. one of many things why berdych will never achieve something big in his career.

just when i read all the comments about berdych being on fire i knew he would lose in the next round and i haven't even watched a single second of tennis this year.

Kat_YYZ
03-16-2011, 11:56 PM

He crashed into the side of a mountain :p

Stan! :yeah:

GugaF1
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Damn, I was wrong really though he was in contention for this tournament, Berdych can be so misleading he was flying yesterday and today in the 1 set he destroyed Wawrinka and then went away.

GugaF1
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
He crashed into the side of a mountain :p

Stan! :yeah:

Lol, that can happen when you fly under the radar.

Mungo
03-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Bad result. Fed's joke of a draw reaches new limits. A swiss worshipper in QF zzzz I hope the joker gives him another tennis lesson in semis

shiaben
03-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Expected. Happy the better player won.

Getta
03-17-2011, 12:17 AM
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae170/vassokalm/iw_miami2011/stani_iw2011.jpg

photo posted to twitter in real time (http://yfrog.com/h22x5gbpj).

Li Ching Yuen
03-17-2011, 12:19 AM
I don't care what everyone says, Berdych loses these matches because he can't fucking serve. He does not have that shot. He did well for about 1 set and a half when Wawrinka didn't have a damn clue what was going on. In the second set Stan changed his plan and started slicing everything and that's the only reason why the match didn't end in straights.

4 all in the third set after missing a shitload of BPs due to poor play Berdych doesn't get one fucking serve in and gets broken.
Just go home and learn to serve.

Geo
03-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Berdych was making some horrible mistakes and served poorly in the last 2 sets :o His second awful loss to Wawrinka this year. He really should have won both matches. The "Family Man" moves on :o

Getta
03-17-2011, 12:27 AM
now that Lugano challenger has been cancelled, Lundgren will introduce Stani to the great variety of nature's bumpy textures and make him more comfortable to communicate through touching the grass. so Stani, is it Halle? :rocker2:

PS. gosh, he hasn't adjusted his schedule (http://www.stanwawrinka.com/stan/calendrier/) yet. :scratch: :o

FMD89
03-17-2011, 12:33 AM
everyone having a go on berdych. not giving credits to wawrinka, who played a good match, some amazing shots. very deserved victory

oranges
03-17-2011, 12:34 AM
Stan was pretty awful in terms of game plan throughout the match :o

Berdych was UE machine in sets 2 and 3 plus his service percentage :help:

oranges :p

Meh, not much gratification for me by telling you it wasn't easy.

Just poor from Tomas :(

Ashlar77
03-17-2011, 12:36 AM
Well done Stan :yeah:

Matt01
03-17-2011, 12:43 AM
Well done, Stan :worship:

So my prediction (Stan wins in 3 sets) was of course right :angel:

Li Ching Yuen
03-17-2011, 12:44 AM
everyone having a go on berdych. not giving credits to wawrinka, who played a good match, some amazing shots. very deserved victory

Berdych handed it to him in the end. Wawrinka's only merit is that he hung in that second set.

Lopez
03-17-2011, 12:57 AM
I don't care what everyone says, Berdych loses these matches because he can't fucking serve. He does not have that shot. He did well for about 1 set and a half when Wawrinka didn't have a damn clue what was going on. In the second set Stan changed his plan and started slicing everything and that's the only reason why the match didn't end in straights.

4 all in the third set after missing a shitload of BPs due to poor play Berdych doesn't get one fucking serve in and gets broken.
Just go home and learn to serve.

His second serve is quite bad considering his height. He really has no decent kick serve. Just rolls it in.

His height might actually hinder him in that regard. When you're tall, it's easier to get the serve in with poorer technique.

Li Ching Yuen
03-17-2011, 01:02 AM
His second serve is quite bad considering his height. He really has no decent kick serve. Just rolls it in.

His height might actually hinder him in that regard. When you're tall, it's easier to get the serve in with poorer technique.

His first serve sucks because he can't get it in even 40% of the times.

His toss is crap.

He doesn't bend his knees.

His kick serve is non-existent.

The only pro-level serve he has is the slider out-wide.

orangehat
03-17-2011, 01:53 AM
Stan 8-0 in deciding sets this year.

paseo
03-17-2011, 01:56 AM

He was flying too low. Crashed to a tree.

Sunset of Age
03-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Well done Stan. :yeah:
Tomas... ugh. Flew too low, indeed. :mad:

Mr. Oracle
03-17-2011, 02:27 AM
Oddsbodikins! You are one mad angry contemporary, aren't you?...sounds as if you were forced to watch the whole dang woefulness with a couple of toothsticks between your eyelids...:o

better that he vent on the internets and his computer gear than in a shopping mall with a semi-automatic. i bet the catharsis turns him into a lamb during the day.

Mr. Oracle
03-17-2011, 02:30 AM
Djokovic has to play Federer in the semis. It cannot be any other way. He has to snatch his nº2 right in front of him. :devil:
Wawa, do your job.

Yeah man, great commentating! Eventually, with continual, regular and thorough beatdowns, the falcon will have fed crying Aussie Open style in no time.,

Beat
03-17-2011, 10:38 AM
nice tournament, stan :D he didn't have an easy draw, that's for sure.

FlameOn
03-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Tomas. :o

duong
03-17-2011, 03:24 PM
and Fed fans were complaining that Nadal had an easy draw :spit:

if even Wawrinka is a mug for you, then what the fuck ?

Wawrinka leads 5-3 against Nalbandian by the way, probably Nalby is also a mug in your eyes :rolleyes:

Berdych-Wawrinka was a very good match.

And for the usual comparison between Gasquet's and Wawrinka's backhand, yes Gasquet's one is much quicker and more powerful, but we could see in that match as well that Wawrinka had a very good and solid slice which he always used against Berdych, and which Gasquet does not have.

ossie
03-17-2011, 03:47 PM
berdych shouldn't be losing to mugs like wawrinka if he wants to be taken seriously at the slams.