Federer vs Raonic/Federer vs Harrison ?Both would be fun [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer vs Raonic/Federer vs Harrison ?Both would be fun

locyka19
03-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Probably it's gonna be a raonic-Fedrer rendezvous but fun anyway

Sonja1989
03-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Honestly I don't found funny If Raonic playing. He is boring.
I hope Harrison will play against Federer, would be a good match. :)

n8
03-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Poor Chela.

Certinfy
03-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Too bad Chela is going to outmug Federer tonight!

habibko
03-15-2011, 11:51 AM
it would be nice to gauge Raonic against Federer at this point, but a Federer/Harrison matchup would be more enjoyable to watch

win/win situation really, hoping Ryan make it though

General Suburbia
03-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I think it would be more fun to watch Federer dismantle Raonic. And even better if Raonic manages to sneak a win.

tennis2tennis
03-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I think it would be more fun to watch Federer dismantle Raonic. And even better if Raonic manages to sneak a win.
which is it?

Silvester
03-15-2011, 12:51 PM
Milos is suffering from back spasms so he may not even make it past Harrison, he had a trainer out on court during his last match, that big serve can't be good for the back. I don't see Milos being healthy by the time he gets to see Fed if he even gets there.

Ad Wim
03-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Only fun is it'll be Milos. Ryan is getting blown offcourt by Roger.

shiaben
03-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Ryan is I believe 18 right now is going to turn 19 pretty soon.

His bones are probably still developing and he's greatly injury prone.

I think 3 years later we'll see where he stands. I'm wondering if he's going to qualify for the next 3 slam tournaments. Interesting to see how he does there.

If it's Harrison vs Federer, I'm going with a 6-3 6-3 with Federer.

If it's a Raonic vs Federer, I'm probably going with a 6-7, 6-4, 6-3 Federer.

Raonic can always outserve Federer to death in a 6-7, 7-5, 4-6 type scoreline, but I think he's still young and might lack consistency. He's playing a lot of tournaments and matches so far this year, so he might fall short against Federer if he's tired and worn out.

iriraz
03-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Federer is certainly in a different class then both these guys in rallies. Against Harrison Federer will be in most return games and win with at least 1 break if not more/set.Against Raonic though who is a good server he won`t have as many chances and can come to tiebreaks.But either way the longer the match goes the more u have to favour the more experienced player

abraxas21
03-15-2011, 06:15 PM
harrison wouldnt stand much of a chance

raonic on the other hand, that could be trickier for olderer

CCBH
03-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Federer would just swallow Harrison whole. I don't see that the kid has any outstanding shot, just decent all around. Raonic, on the other hand, could sneak a set win and even give himself a shot if he takes care of his serve (back permitting). He's looked impressive in tiebreaks recently.

Nadull_tard
03-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Both young guns are chanceless against Olderer. Dodger used to own all-serve players even when having a slump, and Harrison has no weapons either.

vn01
03-15-2011, 08:12 PM
It will be interesting to see Federer vs. Raonic match, but if Milos is injured, he'll loss much easier. He'll lose, anyway :(

I don't see Harrison troubling Federer atm. He is not experienced enough to win more than 6 games in the match :(

ApproachShot
03-16-2011, 12:49 AM
Harrison currently leading 7-6 4*-5 and it's an enthralling match. Looking forward to the winner playing Fed, whoever it might be. The young guns may bring a fresh enthusiasm to the match that may be lacking amongst 'older' players who have already played and lost against Roger.

Mountaindewslave
03-16-2011, 01:03 AM
Harrison actually is underrated, esspecially in this forum. he is a good mover, great at approach, appears to have a good natural feel for the game. if he could just gain a little confidence, he might surprise and give Federer a bit of a challenge assuming he gets past Raonic. Harrison would fare better against Federer I would expect..... soley serving will not do the job against Fed, at least Harrison can rally fairly well. he is not a 1 shot wonder; although maybe just fairly good at everything

liutian_min
03-16-2011, 01:30 AM
I think neither can give Federer much trouble at this point.
Harrison will be out hit by Fed in baseline rallies and Raonic would struggle to get any point in Fed's service games.

liutian_min
03-16-2011, 01:34 AM
Raonic may be better on the scoreboard because of his massive serves

Shirogane
03-16-2011, 01:57 AM
hmm, will have to wait for a Fed-Milos encounter... The match vs Harrison could be interesting though.