I really hope Nadal and Djokovic meet at INdian Wells final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I really hope Nadal and Djokovic meet at INdian Wells final

Mountaindewslave
03-15-2011, 02:54 AM
and Nadal whoops Djokovic here like he did at the US OPEN. honestly it seems like MTF in general has determined that Novak is going to evolve into the new GOAT and is unstoppable. YOu guys need a wake up call, 2 grand slams by the time he is 24 is just not that impressive! 'the real #1' yeah right, I just want to see him play someone who actuallly consistantly returns so you can be reminded that Djokovic is not all that

finishingmove
03-15-2011, 02:58 AM
Nole is the real #1 atm, face it man.

Sri
03-15-2011, 02:59 AM
The Nole hype is a bit nauseating. Beating Olderer in 2011 isn't the same as beating Federer in earlier years.

Nadal is still the man to beat, and Nole failed at USO'10 when he had the chance.

nsidhan
03-15-2011, 03:00 AM
All signs point to Nole beating Rafa...because of Steve Tignor's predictions. As far as I can remember he has been wrong every time! Well except when picking Rafa on clay.

abraxas21
03-15-2011, 03:01 AM
why would you want to see two hopeless mugs playing a final?

Clay Death
03-15-2011, 03:02 AM
negative finishingmove.

wake up and smell the reality on the ground.

Clay Death
03-15-2011, 03:02 AM
nole is going to win but that does not make him the "real #1".

end of story.

next.

Matt01
03-15-2011, 03:04 AM
The Nole hype is a bit nauseating. Beating Olderer in 2011 isn't the same as beating Federer in earlier years.

Nadal is still the man to beat, and Nole failed at USO'10 when he had the chance.

AO 2011 is more recent than USO 2010, no?

Mungo
03-15-2011, 03:05 AM
Nole is the real #1 atm, face it man.

Nadal holds 3 majors atm man :wavey:

Johnny Groove
03-15-2011, 03:07 AM
What about Federer?

He is the GOAT, last I checked. I think he will win the tournament.

Unless he loses to Chela.

finishingmove
03-15-2011, 03:08 AM

Nole is undefeated :shrug:

Clay Death
03-15-2011, 03:12 AM
What about Federer?

He is the GOAT, last I checked. I think he will win the tournament.

Unless he loses to Chela.

horse shit. there is no such thing as goat. that concept is about as useful as tits on a cockroach.

and last "i checked", your goat was being owned by somebody in his own peer group on every surface.

wake up and smell the new realities on the ground.

GugaF1
03-15-2011, 03:35 AM
The numbers dont lie and they say that Nadal is the n.1 at the momment. And even if Djokovic is to take the n.1 spot at some point and the time, he still has long away to go to be mentioned in the same page as Nadal and Federer career wise.

Johnny Groove
03-15-2011, 03:43 AM
horse shit. there is no such thing as goat. that concept is about as useful as tits on a cockroach.

and last "i checked", your goat was being owned by somebody in his own peer group on every surface.

wake up and smell the new realities on the ground.

Perhaps.

The bookies have Nadal as a clear fave for the title, Djokovic 2nd, Federer a close 3rd.

We'll see, I mean if Federer beats Djokovic and Nadal back to back, this place will do a 180.

Priam
03-15-2011, 03:50 AM
Doc Ivo is taking this.

Arkulari
03-15-2011, 04:02 AM
At this exact moment, Nole is the man to beat in outdoor hardcourt, but Rafa will dominate clay as usual and that's where most of his points come from, so Nole still has a long way to go if he wants #1.

Seingeist
03-15-2011, 04:09 AM
At this exact moment, Nole is the man to beat in outdoor hardcourt, but Rafa will dominate clay as usual and that's where most of his points come from, so Nole still has a long way to go if he wants #1.

run CD Prox.y Response Generator 1.0:

Affirmative. Clay is the wellspring from which the Clay Warrior flows forth. It is the source of his neverending swirling cyclones of death.

abort, retry, fail

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 04:13 AM
and Nadal whoops Djokovic here like he did at the US OPEN. honestly it seems like MTF in general has determined that Novak is going to evolve into the new GOAT and is unstoppable. YOu guys need a wake up call, 2 grand slams by the time he is 24 is just not that impressive! 'the real #1' yeah right, I just want to see him play someone who actuallly consistantly returns so you can be reminded that Djokovic is not all that

Even better, Rafa gets to smash Del Potro in SF and Djokovic in F, that'd be smashing 2 birds with one stone/event :p

Pirata.
03-15-2011, 04:44 AM
What's with the Nadaltards obsession with Delpo? :scratch:

Nole Rules
03-15-2011, 05:36 AM

:haha: @ the bolded part. Keep dreaming.:haha:
Nadal will never beat the great Serbian on hardcourts again unless Nole is injured.Rafa's only chance against him will be on clay & grass. That's it

shiaben
03-15-2011, 05:40 AM
They can meet 100,000x if they want at the masters, I could careless.

I would only watch it to see if they try out new combination of shots against each other to feel each other out for future matches.

Other then that, these matches don't tell us much about the outcomes of the slam futures.

I will let the slams speak for themselves.

Currently Djokovic could possibly wipe away Nadal 6-3 6-3 at this final if he so desires, but at a slam, it's completely unpredictable as to what will quite happen. (The Nadal at the best of 3 matches, is not the same Nadal at the slams).

shiaben
03-15-2011, 05:42 AM
Even better, Rafa gets to smash Del Potro in SF and Djokovic in F, that'd be smashing 2 birds with one stone/event :p

As much as this would be entertaining, a real man's test, would be if Nadal can take out these bad boys at the slams in succession. I would love to see that happen. And knowing Nadal, he can make that a reality. We saw what he did to Berdych and Soderling. And many other top players back to back like Djokovic and Federer.

viruzzz
03-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Neither Nadal or Nolevic have the magical aura Federer has.
He's still the man, when you have Federer in the opposite side of the court, you know DA MAN is in front of you.
Nadjokovic are excellent players, but they have so many roads to cross before they can be put in the same bag as Roger's.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 05:47 AM
Neither Nadal or Nolevic have the magical aura Federer has.
He's still the man, when you have Federer in the opposite side of the court, you know DA MAN is in front of you.
Nadjokovic are excellent players, but they have so many roads to cross before they can be put in the same bag as Roger's.

Depends who we are talking about. Berdych and Djokovic are definitely more scared of Rafa than Federer in slams/Olympics :p

viruzzz
03-15-2011, 05:53 AM
Not sure about it.
Djokovic in hardcourt will crush Rafita in the next years.

abraxas21
03-15-2011, 05:59 AM

on the slow high bouncing surface of IW, nadal should still have the upper hand over djokovic, imo.

abraxas21
03-15-2011, 06:01 AM
Not sure about it.

i wouldnt bet my money on that.

djokovic might beat nadal in some masters tournaments every now and then but he folds down like a cheap tent whenever he has to play against nadal in a very important match -say olympics, GS or TMC

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Indian Wells, US Open and Shanghai would all favor Rafa over Djokovic, as history shows :p

Seingeist
03-15-2011, 06:17 AM
Indian Wells, US Open and Shanghai would all favor Rafa over Djokovic, as history shows :p

Correct, in much the same way that, based on history, Federer will always beat Djokovic at the US Open and--oh wait a sec...

What I meant was, in much the same way that a healthy Federer will always beat Nole at the Austral-- hold the phone, what happened?

This ain't your granddaddy's Djokovic, tiger. Nole 2.0 has been taking the field by storm. Caught much tennis since last year's Davis Cup? ;)

rocketassist
03-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Aww is the Rafa-Nole tard love-in on the rocks? :lol:

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 06:30 AM
Correct, in much the same way that, based on history, Federer will always beat Djokovic at the US Open and--oh wait a sec...

What I meant was, in much the same way that a healthy Federer will always beat Nole at the Austral-- hold the phone, what happened?

This ain't your granddaddy's Djokovic, tiger. Nole 2.0 has been taking the field by storm. Caught much tennis since last year's Davis Cup? ;)

Ummm....Federer got old, while Rafa just reached career-best form at the US Open. Can't get more opposite. Plus Djokovic beat Federer in 2008 AO (in 3 sets) anyway, so you could see it happening again :p

Nole Rules
03-15-2011, 07:01 AM
Not sure about it.

:worship:

Seingeist
03-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Ummm....Federer got old, while Rafa just reached career-best form at the US Open. Can't get more opposite.

Yes, and a strong case can be made that Nole is currently playing in the best form of his career. But you seem to have missed the point anyway. :shrug:

I'm generous, so I'll make it more explicit. Historical results in tournaments are not wholly sufficient determinants of future results, so you should not trot them out and act like you've proven something. I think that (as a Rafa fan and Djoker anti-fan, apparently), you are just going to have to learn that the hard way as the season continues to unfold. :wavey:

Plus Djokovic beat Federer in 2008 AO (in 3 sets) anyway, so you could see it happening again :p

Read closely. The entire reason that I included "healthy" in front of "Federer" was to prevent such a response. Your average Fed fan will swear that Federer was practically in a wheelchair during their 2008 AO match.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Yes, and a strong case can be made that Nole is currently playing in the best form of his career. But you seem to have missed the point anyway. :shrug:

I'm generous, so I'll make it more explicit. Historical results in tournaments are not wholly sufficient determinants of future results, so you should not trot them out and act like you've proven something. I think that (as a Rafa fan and Djoker anti-fan, apparently), you are just going to have to learn that the hard way as the season continues to unfold. :wavey:

Read closely. The entire reason that I included "healthy" in front of "Federer" was to prevent such a response. Your average Fed fan will swear that Federer was practically in a wheelchair during their 2008 AO match.

I didn't miss Djokovic at all, it's obvious he's playing his best now. But we said exactly the same thing about Rafa at the US Open, he served out of his mind due to a change in grip. And his groundstrokes are now more aggressive than they ever have been. The improvement of Rafa on hardcourts has without doubt become a major problem for "new" Djokovic as shown at the US Open. Rafa's got the points on the board, it's now up to Djokovic to prove he belongs in this hardcourt head-to-head :lol:

Pirao666
03-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Most people have short term memories and are bandwagoners, so no surprise this is happening. It's the same as 2008 when Djokovic was "the next #1".

Nole Rules
03-15-2011, 08:19 AM
I didn't miss Djokovic at all, it's obvious he's playing his best now. But we said exactly the same thing about Rafa at the US Open, he served out of his mind due to a change in grip. And his groundstrokes are now more aggressive than they ever have been. The improvement of Rafa on hardcourts has without doubt become a major problem for "new" Djokovic as shown at the US Open. Rafa's got the points on the board, it's now up to Djokovic to prove he belongs in this hardcourt head-to-head :lol:

US Open 2010 Djokovic was not the "new" Djokovic, moron.:retard:
Nadal hasn't met the new Djokovic yet.

jonathancrane
03-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Good to see that Noletards are as delusional as they were in early 2008 :lol:

Time Violation
03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Most people have short term memories and are bandwagoners, so no surprise this is happening. It's the same as 2008 when Djokovic was "the next #1".

Well, well. Every match is a new match, don't be so sure yourself ;)

Sonja1989
03-15-2011, 09:45 AM
I want to see Rafa in final. :)

ossie
03-15-2011, 09:50 AM
lol the joke-tards are getting out of control lately, it's going to be fun to watch them being silenced by rafa (again)

AncicCilic
03-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Call me a bit nostalgic but i'd rather love to see another Nadal-Federer final so they show everyone one of the best and nicest rivalries in tennis history is still on. :worship:

Pirao666
03-15-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, well. Every match is a new match, don't be so sure yourself ;)

So sure of what? I'm not so sure Nadal will beat Djokovic in this tournament, but it doesn't matter because as long as Nadal dominates clay and is one of the top 2 on grass he'll be #1. I'd happily trade Nadal not winning a HC masters ever again as long as he wins 2 clay masters, RG and Wimbledon for the next 3 years.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
US Open 2010 Djokovic was not the "new" Djokovic, moron.:retard:
Nadal hasn't met the new Djokovic yet.

RIGGGGGGGGGGHHHT :lol: I guess its easy to say that since he's not going to play on hardcourt for quite a few months after these 2 events. As long as he ducks Rafa you can say anything :p but I do think they will meet this week to end this debate :p

duong
03-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I hope that Djokovic wins if they meet : Nadal is the very clear and superior number 1 but I would like Djokovic to challenge him, esp with clay coming up, and so far I think he still has a mental complex against Nadal.

There's no better place than hardcourts to get rid of that complex.

On hardcourts Djokovic imo is a better player than Nadal.

He could beat him in 2008 for instance when Nadal was very good (Cinci and crushing him in IW) : in the Olympics he just made a little bit too many errors but he had the upper hand imo. Always when they meet on hardcourts I felt it was only a matter of Djokovic playing less well than he can and making errors or not.

He started the US Open very badly, clearly a complex, also complained about his physique, played too short, he didn't start this match in good conditions and Nadal, who was in full concentration/motivation, could see and take benefit from that.

But I still think he should beat Nadal on hardcourts.

Indian Wells is a good place for such a meeting since the bounce is high then quite in Nadal's favour.

duong
03-15-2011, 10:16 AM
I want to see Rafa in final. :)

this is almost certain with the draw he has :lol:

Del Po would need to suddenly find a surprising form for a convalescent player.

duong
03-15-2011, 10:19 AM

in that time Nadal destroyed Djokovic's confidence on clay and grass (Hamburg, RG, Queens), not on hardcourts : the Olympics cam afterwards and Djokovic clearly already had a complex.

Sonja1989
03-15-2011, 10:19 AM
this is almost certain with the draw he has :lol:

Del Po would need to suddenly find a surprising form for a convalescent player.

Yeah, I know. :lol:
I wanted to write other but I changed my mind. :lol:

duong
03-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Your average Fed fan will swear that Federer was practically in a wheelchair during their 2008 AO match.

I'm a Fedfan and well, Fed was not at his best during this AO, quite weak, but I think that Djokovic would have beaten a healthy Fed on this surface anyway.

Pirao666
03-15-2011, 10:28 AM
in that time Nadal destroyed Djokovic's confidence on clay and grass (Hamburg, RG, Queens), not on hardcourts : the Olympics cam afterwards and Djokovic clearly already had a comple.

Righ, it's not that different days have different results, Nadal destroyed Djokovic's confidence and that's why he beat him, it had nothing to do with playing better on the day :rolleyes:

Certinfy
03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't.

I want a Montanes vs Chela final if I'm totally honest.

duong
03-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Righ, it's not that different days have different results, Nadal destroyed Djokovic's confidence and that's why he beat him, it had nothing to do with playing better on the day :rolleyes:

Djokovic made awful errors in that Olympics match but from my eyes, he had the upper-hand.

Lurking
03-15-2011, 10:36 AM
Karlovic needs to teach Rafole trolls real Tennis :o

Pirao666
03-15-2011, 10:37 AM
Djokovic made awful errors in that Olympics match but from my eyes, he had the upper-hand.

Did he make awful errors in the USO final too?

duong
03-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Did he make awful errors in the USO final too?

less awful but he was less effective than in the Olympics in his general game, in the Olympics his game was fit like in 2008 and in this beginning of 2011, it was not the case in the US Open, the semifinal was OK, esp offensive game, but not his fittest game, the final was worse.

Pirao666
03-15-2011, 10:54 AM
less awful but he was less effective than in the Olympics in his general game, in the Olympics his game was fit like in 2008 and in this beginning of 2011, it was not the case in the US Open, the semifinal was OK, esp offensive game, but not his fittest game, the final was worse.

Lol, so you're one of the "Nadal won because the other guy played worse than when he beat Federer in that tournament" types :wavey:

Nole fan
03-15-2011, 11:11 AM
I hope Nole crushes Nadal next like he does with Federer. That would be a sight to behold. :wavey:

paseo
03-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Real #1 vs "Real" #1.

Time Violation
03-15-2011, 11:33 AM
So sure of what? I'm not so sure Nadal will beat Djokovic in this tournament, but it doesn't matter because as long as Nadal dominates clay and is one of the top 2 on grass he'll be #1. I'd happily trade Nadal not winning a HC masters ever again as long as he wins 2 clay masters, RG and Wimbledon for the next 3 years.

Clay/grass domination is not a given thing either, the year is long and anything can happen :)

Pirao666
03-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Clay/grass domination is not a given thing either, the year is long and anything can happen :)

We'll talk at the end of the year, then, won't we? For now it's clear who the #1, 3 Slam holder is ;)

NikolaBGD
03-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I have a strong feeling that MTF army waiting for first Nole loss to throw him into mud, some Rafatards can't stand this agony that some Joker try to challenge his crown :)

Don't worry, he will lose someday, maybe today, but if he somehow sustain this level to the end of Miami, Rafa can lose No.1 spot even if he plays good on clay and grass...

However, it will be interesting spring...

Vida
03-15-2011, 12:03 PM

that was the plan all along :cool:

Time Violation
03-15-2011, 12:11 PM
We'll talk at the end of the year, then, won't we? For now it's clear who the #1, 3 Slam holder is ;)

Sure thing :D

Chartreuse
03-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Nole is the real #1

On outdoor HC.

real #1 on indoor HC is Fed.

real #1 on clay and grass is Nadal.

born_on_clay
03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
It's simple:
atm Nole is the man to beat
atm rafa is the best player in the world

duong
03-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Lol, so you're one of the "Nadal won because the other guy played worse than when he beat Federer in that tournament" types :wavey:

yes, but I also definitely think that Fed would have lost to Nadal, contrary to what Wilander thinks.

Anyway, I'm sorry but Nadal is a very very good player on hardcourts, imo he played his best there from second part of 2008 to the beginning of 2009, also I liked what I saw in last WTF, because imo his backhand was not at his past level in 2010 on hardcourts except in the WTF (as for the US Open people speak a great deal about his serve but imo Nadal has always been a good server and he was better in that US Open but not so much),

but I've never been hugely impressed by him on hardcourts contrary to how I've been hugely impressed on grass.

Probably there's something I can't really feel about his game on hardcourts, and which I read one day, which is that he mostly concentrates on playing very deep balls on hardcourts to avoid being attacked : he doesn't clearly rush into the ball as he does on grass where he puts all of his body into the ball.

When he plays short he's very vulnerable on hardcourts, but when he plays deep you have to play very very well to beat him for sure, and that's the kind of challenge Nadal gave to Djokovic in the Olympics. Yet I have the feeling that if Djokovic plays at his best, the result mostly depends on him.

Indian Wells is the best place for Nadal to beat him yet he was crushed there in 2008.

Yet Djokovic can make the errors, as he did also against Fed last year when he lost 4 times to him. I'm still waiting to be sure that Djokovic can be as regular as he was in the beginning of 2008, and even can sustain it longer and go over his complex to Nadal.

bokehlicious
03-15-2011, 01:31 PM
Would be a mug match, as usual Nole would be delighted to bend over to Rafalove and rush to the net to rapehug his bestest friend :hearts: :inlove:

!VamosRafa!
03-15-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't....That math would end in 70 mins:sad:
Poor Rafa:sad:

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Yikes! This thread is going to be bumped to death on IW Finals day :p and half the posters will suffer in incredible everlasting humiliation :lol:

Nadull_tard
03-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Only Djoker can stop this comedy named "Nadal's Joke Draw in Indian Wells".
I hope he will crush flukedal in straights.

Nole fan
03-15-2011, 02:46 PM
It would only be fair that he does the same to Nadal than he did to Federer. :shrug:

Nole Rules
03-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I hope he will crush flukedal in straights.

He will for sure.Rafa can't touch Nole on HC anymore.

Nole Rules
03-15-2011, 02:52 PM
I hope Nole crushes Nadal next like he does with Federer. That would be a sight to behold. :wavey:

To me if he beat fed in the SFs, the title is his. Rafa will need to bring his A++ game to have a chance against 2011 Nole on HC.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Lord may this thread never be locked :lol:

madmax
03-15-2011, 02:59 PM
no chance for Mugdall against new and improved Joker on hardcourts. His tards need to live with this reality and enjoy clay success while it still lasts

Matt01
Would be a mug match, as usual Nole would be delighted to bend over to Rafalove and rush to the net to rapehug his bestest friend :hearts: :inlove:

Jealous?

ZaZoo)
Lord may this thread never be locked :lol:

At least Rafa won't play God.. :lol:

star
03-15-2011, 03:22 PM
You guys are being a little nutso.

Djoko and Nadal are two excellent players and if they meet in the final, it will be a treat for all of us.

Seriously though people seem to be discounting Federer's chances of going to the final and I think that is :cuckoo:

freeandlonely
03-15-2011, 04:12 PM
It's still Nole to prove.

hyperren
03-15-2011, 04:19 PM
As unlikely as it is, I want to see a Querrey-Raonic final, so that Verdasco can run on-court yelling out, "THIS ISN'T REAL TENNIS!"

Nole fan
03-15-2011, 04:22 PM
You guys are being a little nutso.

Djoko and Nadal are two excellent players and if they meet in the final, it will be a treat for all of us.

Seriously though people seem to be discounting Federer's chances of going to the final and I think that is :cuckoo:

It's just part of the fun... ;)

Greystoke
03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
The final will be Karlovic - Cilic. And the world will weep.

shiaben
03-15-2011, 04:51 PM
I have a strong feeling that MTF army waiting for first Nole loss to throw him into mud, some Rafatards can't stand this agony that some Joker try to challenge his crown :)

Don't worry, he will lose someday, maybe today, but if he somehow sustain this level to the end of Miami, Rafa can lose No.1 spot even if he plays good on clay and grass...

However, it will be interesting spring...

Djokovic has the edge going into this match. But it's too early to talking about Djokovic's domination. You can dominate Nadal 100x if you want at a best of 3, he's a completely different beast when it comes to slams. There were a lot of suspicions that years back he couldn't touch Federer at a hardcourt slam, and he proved he wasn't just a clay courter nor a grass courter. There were suspicions that because Djokovic defeated him 6-3 6-2 or something at a few hard court slams, that he wouldn't be able to dent Djokovic at a hard court slam final (specifically USO the most fastest surface) and he dominated and outlasted Djokovic in 4.

I can see Djokovic defeating Nadal in slams on hard court in the near future but I think Nadal shouldn't be counted out completely.

Nixer
03-15-2011, 04:58 PM
With the players left in the draw, seems very likely that they both advance to final (though I hope Rafa will lose in SFs to anyone).. if in the final, Novak will win IMO

Logical
03-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Fedulltards :retard:

Logical
03-15-2011, 06:15 PM
I hope he will crush flukedal in straights.Fedulltards buzzing like swarm around shit:lol: fi not Delpony Djokovic must be the savior to take down El Matador:lol: :retard:

Nadull_tard
03-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Fedulltards buzzing like swarm around shit:lol: fi not Delpony Djokovic must be the savior to take down El Matador:lol: :retard:

El Flukador, you mean.

Seingeist
03-17-2011, 04:22 PM
I think that some of these "newer" Djokovic fans are being a bit "incautious," to say the least. I could not be more thrilled to see Djokovic playing as well as he is and getting these fantastic results, but there is not a whole lot that I take for granted.

The people acting like Nole is going to absolutely crush Rafa and that it's a foregone conclusion are going way over the top. (Hell, it's a bit premature to act like there's no way that he can lose to Federer, for that matter).

Don't get me wrong, if I was forced to bet money on it, I would put it on Nole, but I would not be terribly comfortable doing so; I would not regard it as an extremely safe investment. :)

I suppose the only thing that I will assert with confidence is in response to the posters who keep saying "Remember Djoko 2008": this truly is not the same Djokovic. Obviously, his undefeated streak will end, he will still suffer painful losses, etc. But I am quite confident that Djokovic has reached a turning point in his career(post Davis Cup victory 2010) and will meet with greater success in the tennis seasons going forward than he has in years past. I could be mistaken, of course, but I doubt it. ;)

Oh, and there's another thing I know with even more certainty: there is a LOT of Nolephobia floating around these forums (it's easy to spot--symptoms include rabid bitterness and bilious delusion, often interjected completely gratuitously into an otherwise harmless thread--Cf. Corey Feldman and Song-of-Cabbage). When Nole's undefeated streak is broken, whether sooner or later, the MTF haters will pounce with all the fury of hell itself. The post-match thread will reach 30 or more pages and will consist of pure vileness. :)

Nole fan
03-17-2011, 04:32 PM
I think that some of these "newer" Djokovic fans are being a bit "incautious," to say the least. I could not be more thrilled to see Djokovic playing as well as he is and getting these fantastic results, but there is not a whole lot that I take for granted.

The people acting like Nole is going to absolutely crush Rafa and that it's a foregone conclusion are going way over the top. (Hell, it's a bit premature to act like there's no way that he can lose to Federer, for that matter).

Don't get me wrong, if I was forced to bet money on it, I would put it on Nole, but I would not be terribly comfortable doing so; I would not regard it as an extremely safe investment. :)

I suppose the only thing that I will assert with confidence is in response to the posters who keep saying "Remember Djoko 2008": this truly is not the same Djokovic. Obviously, his undefeated streak will end, he will still suffer painful losses, etc. But I am quite confident that Djokovic has reached a turning point in his career(post Davis Cup victory 2010) and will meet with greater success in the tennis seasons going forward than he has in years past. I could be mistaken, of course, but I doubt it. ;)

Oh, and there's another thing I know with even more certainty: there is a LOT of Nolephobia floating around these forums (it's easy to spot--symptoms include rabid bitterness and bilious delusion, often interjected completely gratuitously into an otherwise harmless thread--Cf. Corey Feldman and Song-of-Cabbage). When Nole's undefeated streak is broken, whether sooner or later, the MTF haters will pounce with all the fury of hell itself. The post-match thread will reach 30 or more pages and will consist of pure vileness. :)

Post of the year. :worship:

I agree 100% with what you say.
Also Nadal is a different beast than Federer and even so Roger still can beat Djokovic now and then.
And yes, Nole's streak will end sooner or later and he will have tough losses. It's expected and understandable. But I also agree he's not the same Djokovic of 2008 who would make a disappearing act after winning his first grand slam. This Djokovic is much more matured and experienced, his mentality is also stronger. He has learnt the hard way. And it's starting to pay dividends...
But of course it's premature and unrealistic to talk about the end of Fedal. It is the end of their stronghold on men's tennis, but I have no doubt that both Federer and Nadal will continue to be at the top and win grand slams. It's only that now Djoko is in that equation again. And he has a good chance on becoming nº2.
As for the nolephobia... well just read my sig. :lol:
I'm ready for it. :armed:

zlaja777
03-17-2011, 04:52 PM
That thing about Nole the real no.1 is more like a joke by some people on those real no...1234 things here on MTF. But I'm sure if they meet in the finals Novak will beat Rafa which will just mean that he's by far the best in 2011. on HC.

hyperren
03-20-2011, 11:29 PM

Well, you got your wish, a Nadal-Nole final.

Happy? :devil:

MIMIC
03-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Novak and Nadal meet in the final
Novak wins

OP is 1 for 2 :yeah:

Mountaindewslave
03-20-2011, 11:42 PM
God SO CLOSE to being accurate. The first set was totally what i had meant when writing this, NAdal was actually giving Djokovic returns and moving around the court enough so that Djokovic was not just being given 'free winners'. unfortunately NADAL imploded, I can say I am a bit sad he did not give Djokovic a wake up call. I still do not consider Djokovic the next #1 or whatever, but he definitely played well.... of course Nadal (serve) was horrible. please Nadal instead give Djokovic a wake up call in Miami, if not then i totally will have to committ suicide, i am currently so dissapointed this thread was proved wrong a few minutes agooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Scotso
03-20-2011, 11:48 PM
God SO CLOSE to being accurate.

You're either 100% right or you're wrong. :shrug:

Matt01
03-21-2011, 12:06 AM
God SO CLOSE to being accurate. The first set was totally what i had meant when writing this, NAdal was actually giving Djokovic returns and moving around the court enough so that Djokovic was not just being given 'free winners'. unfortunately NADAL imploded, I can say I am a bit sad he did not give Djokovic a wake up call. I still do not consider Djokovic the next #1 or whatever, but he definitely played well.... of course Nadal (serve) was horrible. please Nadal instead give Djokovic a wake up call in Miami, if not then i totally will have to committ suicide, i am currently so dissapointed this thread was proved wrong a few minutes agooooooooooooooooooooo :(

Please don't. :hug: I'm sure you have much more potential to start funny fail threads like this one :D

Nole fan
03-21-2011, 12:58 AM
This thread is awesome. :haha:

MIMIC
05-01-2012, 03:40 AM

Was this sarcasm or a prediction? :eek:

:p

Mountaindewslave
05-01-2012, 04:28 AM
awww man now i look really bad, but who would have known :shrug: :shrug:

at the time everyone was going nuts about Djokovic with little to base it on. i was totally wrong and he dominated 2011 but as is life. at least it was true, that Nadal gave him trouble.

Man i am kind of down just thinking about how wrong my forecast was for 2011, thank you MIMIC for bumping this and reminding me how bad I am at predictions.................. :worship: :worship:

heya
05-01-2012, 05:16 AM
fedcrier fans; deluded

Paylu2007
05-01-2012, 06:35 AM

so, who is the one holding 3 majors atm, man? :wavey: