WWW - IW R4: Nadal vs Devvarman [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW - IW R4: Nadal vs Devvarman

Topspindoctor
03-15-2011, 01:14 AM
Nadal to steamroll his way to IW quarter finals :rocker2:

6-3 6-2

orangehat
03-15-2011, 01:16 AM
i wonder who else in the history of tennis plays 3 qualifiers to get to the QF :rolls:

Byrd
03-15-2011, 01:16 AM
This draw is almost as big a fail as you and Nadull.

Voo de Mar
03-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Nadal 6-2 6-3

straitup
03-15-2011, 01:36 AM
This seems like an easy matchup for Rafa, but maybe Somdev can harness his inner Gilles Simon :p Rafa in 2

Fat Camel
03-15-2011, 01:38 AM
Easy win for Nadal.

abraxas21
03-15-2011, 01:40 AM
devvarman 6-2, 6-0

Hazem
03-15-2011, 01:41 AM
i wonder who else in the history of tennis plays 3 qualifiers to get to the QF :rolls:

I entered the thread to say the same!
I think noone!

Arkulari
03-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Rafa 6-0 6-2

Johnny Groove
03-15-2011, 02:32 AM
Somdev will upset Rustyfa Nadal.

tealeaves
03-15-2011, 02:34 AM
If Karlovic beats Monty, Nadal beats Karlovic and beats Del Potro, he will be in IW final without facing a top 50 player

nsidhan
03-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Nadal 6-3 6-2. Good run to the round of 16 Somdev :yeah:

Mungo
03-15-2011, 02:49 AM

I heard of some old no.1 who lost to a lucky loser in 1st round :cool:

rocketassist
03-15-2011, 03:07 AM
Nadal will make Devvarman look like a gung-ho ballbasher, but will still win 0 and 1. Tennis these days...

finishingmove
03-15-2011, 03:10 AM
If Karlovic beats Monty, Nadal beats Karlovic and beats Del Potro, he will be in IW final without facing a top 50 player

but karlovic is a real top 20 and del potro is a real top 5-10 player

shiaben
03-15-2011, 03:28 AM
Nadal 6-3 6-3

oranges
03-15-2011, 03:42 AM
What the heck is Somdev doing in R4 of a masters :lol:

soraya
03-15-2011, 03:50 AM
What a joke.

henke007
03-15-2011, 04:56 AM
:confused::help:

The_Nadal_effect
03-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Rafa to play a trimmer, softer version of himself. Should be a nice match. I am hoping for something fun to happen.

What I am really glad about is that Devvarman has been playing top/ former top players since the past few weeks and that really helps him know the real tour level. I am very happy he's got to play Nadal. Had to earn it, unlike the Dubai wildcard for playing FEd.

The Magician
03-15-2011, 05:25 AM
This is truly a disgrace. Of course I'll still watch tennis because it's my favorite sport, Fed is still playing, and it may get better, but this is the worst Masters 100 draw I've ever seen (except the end of the year ones where everyone retires but no one cares about those). Mens tennis is truly at a low point, even WTA has more depth and potential for good early round matches. Nadull is of course leading the charge straight to the bottom but everyone else is at fault for being so terrible, and don't get me started on the ATP, the linespeople, the media, and every other force responsible for this fiasco of a tournament.

Nixer
03-15-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm a fan, but this is definitely a mugs draw - 3 qualifiers :spit: to get into Masters QF.. although Rafa would probably beat anybody else possible until QFs anyway :)

GSMnadal
03-15-2011, 07:33 AM
Unstoppable! 6-1 6-1 to the best player on the planet.

chenx15
03-15-2011, 07:42 AM
i heard rafa will play with a one hand back hand to even the laying field with devvarman. another rafa massacre coming up

tribalfusion
03-15-2011, 07:59 AM
This is truly a disgrace. Of course I'll still watch tennis because it's my favorite sport, Fed is still playing, and it may get better, but this is the worst Masters 100 draw I've ever seen (except the end of the year ones where everyone retires but no one cares about those). Mens tennis is truly at a low point, even WTA has more depth and potential for good early round matches. Nadull is of course leading the charge straight to the bottom but everyone else is at fault for being so terrible, and don't get me started on the ATP, the linespeople, the media, and every other force responsible for this fiasco of a tournament.

You are such a drama queen.

When Federer played Dabul, Haider and Mathieu all ranked roughly 100 or higher and all in a row at the 2010 USO you were in ecstasy.

Now all of a sudden there is no depth and everything is all wrong etc

Your own hero says the exact opposite but no matter...soldier on, brave lunatic.

:worship:

rocketassist
03-15-2011, 08:27 AM
You are such a drama queen.

When Federer played Dabul, Haider and Mathieu all ranked roughly 100 or higher and all in a row at the 2010 USO you were in ecstasy.

Now all of a sudden there is no depth and everything is all wrong etc

Your own hero says the exact opposite but no matter...soldier on, brave lunatic.

:worship:

That disproves your views even more- there is no depth, all the top players get pissweak draws and you're still a delusional Nadal fanboy.

tribalfusion
03-15-2011, 09:04 AM
That disproves your views even more- there is no depth, all the top players get pissweak draws and you're still a delusional Nadal fanboy.

Wow you really are thicker than I thought.

Actually, it shows that when it is Federer getting the same kinds of draws there is no need for you and your pals to complain but when it is Nadal or someone else you don't like, the sky is falling and tennis is dead etc.

I didn't complain when either one got the draws, nor Sampras or Mac before them nor claim that tennis was dead.

Tennis, like all "well-populated" sports in general, is populated by better athletes as time goes by and more of them as well. It is the way of the world.

Every great tennis player is unanimous on this point, from Federer to Nadal to Laver and Mac.

The crying over the "death of tennis" with Nadal and to a lesser degree Djokovic now that they are on top is the usual drama queen stuff we see from all fan-bases when their hero is in decline and they start mumbling incoherently about weak eras like old men stalking public bathrooms in raincoats.

rocketassist
03-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Wow you really are thicker than I thought.

Actually, it shows that when it is Federer getting the same kinds of draws there is no need for you and your pals to complain but when it is Nadal or someone else you don't like, the sky is falling and tennis is dead etc.

I didn't complain when either one got the draws, nor Sampras or Mac before them nor claim that tennis was dead.

Tennis, like all "well-populated" sports in general, is populated by better athletes as time goes by. Every great tennis player is unanimous on this point, from Federer to Nadal to Laver and Mac.

The crying over Nadal and to a lesser degree Djokovic now that they are on top is the usual drama queen stuff we see from all fanbases when they are in decline and start mumbling incoherently about weak eras like old men stalking public bathrooms in raincoats.

You're biased against Federer fans- plenty on here cried about Fed's dominance of 04-07 but you forget them. Who's moaning about Djokovic? He's as popular as he's ever been especially compared to 2008 on here.

Masters draws are no longer tough in general. The fields are weak, poor and lack depth, quality tennis and good shotmaking. People are just pissed in here cause Nadal's draw is even easier. Lots of us are fed up of his homogenization-created dominance and want him to go away and you have to accept that without whining.

tribalfusion
03-15-2011, 09:16 AM
You're biased against Federer fans- plenty on here cried about Fed's dominance of 04-07 but you forget them. Who's moaning about Djokovic? He's as popular as he's ever been especially compared to 2008 on here.

Masters draws are no longer tough in general. The fields are weak, poor and lack depth, quality tennis and good shotmaking. People are just pissed in here cause Nadal's draw is even easier. Lots of us are fed up of his homogenization-created dominance and want him to go away and you have to accept that without whining.

Plenty here moan about Djokovic as well. I can point you in their direction if you like but you can find them quite easily.

People did moan about Federer as well at the time of course and it was ridiculous then as well but we are in 2011 last I checked and so I am speaking to the main group of current malcontents and not those of the Laver era either.

By many criteria, the fields are not any weaker today than they ever were and every tennis great from the past is unanimous on this. In addition, we most likely don't even agree on what good shot-making is in the first place.

That there is more homogeneity is somewhat true but this is also a function of modern sport and knowing what works over time and is in any case irrelevant to the main point:

most people reflect the era in which they came to love a sport (or music for that matter) and when their favorites and their style pass from their apex, they tend to bitch and moan about subjective criteria which they mistakenly claim to be objective and which have vanished along with their heroes.

Sonja1989
03-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Nadal in 2. 6-3, 6-3

Pirao666
03-15-2011, 09:35 AM
I heard of some old no.1 who lost to a lucky loser in 1st round :cool:

That must have been a mug era indeed :angel:

ossie
03-15-2011, 09:51 AM
5 games for devvarman

paseo
03-15-2011, 11:26 AM
The Bar Man will make the upset.

Deathless Mortal
03-15-2011, 12:03 PM
This isn't called Indian Wells for no reason.
Devvarman to pull an upset. :D

bokehlicious
03-15-2011, 01:21 PM
De Voest, Sweeting, Devvarmann... That draw looks tougher than last year's USO, hope Rafito will manage to sort this out!! :awww: :(

Nadull_tard
03-15-2011, 02:11 PM
Another champ on Nadal's road.

Mungo
03-15-2011, 04:03 PM
That must have been a mug era indeed :angel:

Yep that was former no.1 Fed falling to lucky loser Canas in 1st round. Murray just lost to Young of all people in straights, Ferrer lost to the no. 200 and something in the world, Djokovic lost to Rochus (ranking?) last year in Miami, Delpo is playing like a top 5 this week whereas some top 20 players suck at the moment. Surely, rankings -not current form- is the only thing that matters for the retards :rolleyes:

Nole fan
03-15-2011, 04:26 PM
People fail to take into consideration that if Nadal is not tested until the semis or final he could feel the lack of competitive matches and not be prepared for the likes of Djoko or Fed. So easy draw doesn't mean always the easiest way, just saying.

ExcaliburII
03-15-2011, 04:28 PM
People fail to take into consideration that if Nadal is not tested until the semis or final he could feel the lack of competitive matches and not be prepared for the likes of Djoko or Fed. So easy draw doesn't mean always the easiest way, just saying.
Nadal is a mental beast, doesn't need tests.

He could have a tough one against Potro in SF.

And Nadal will beat Devvarman 1 & 2 or so

Nole fan
03-15-2011, 04:47 PM
Nadal is a mental beast, doesn't need tests.

He could have a tough one against Potro in SF.

And Nadal will beat Devvarman 1 & 2 or so

Not really. Nadal always looks rusty in the first rounds, when he's more vulnerable.

Certinfy
03-15-2011, 04:50 PM
Somdev to do India proud and win in 3.

Logical
03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
De Voest, Sweeting, Devvarmann... That draw looks tougher than last year's USO, hope Rafito will manage to sort this out!! :awww: :(

meet captain:retard:

vn01
03-15-2011, 08:15 PM
No more than 5 games won by Devvarman. Rafa wins this easily. Vamos for the 19th :rocker2:

Topspindoctor
03-16-2011, 12:10 AM
Somdev to do India proud and win in 3.

:retard:

.-Federers_Mate-.
03-16-2011, 01:33 PM
UN-BE-LIEV-ABLE.

Look who Nadal has won against this year...Doha...3 nobodies...AO, frikking Sweeting/Tomic/cilic and some argie clown + losses to predictable two ball machines. I'm going for his 3rd loss to a pusher this year. Can't say this will be necessary viewing that's fo sho.

jcempire
03-16-2011, 01:50 PM
Nadal 6-4 6-3

GO GO GO GO GO GO

Clay Death
03-16-2011, 02:02 PM

that is just too much wisdom for the clueless rodents of the lost world at the asylum.

you may have to dumb it down a bit.

i rather have the toughest draw possible. that is what prepares you best for the title.

Topspindoctor
03-16-2011, 02:04 PM
that is just too much wisdom for the clueless rodents of the lost world at the asylum.

you may have to dumb it down a bit.

i rather have the toughest draw possible. that is what prepares you best for the title.

Nadal prefers easier draw on hard courts. That way he can go all out in SF/F.

Blackbriar
03-16-2011, 02:07 PM
I think that even Richard has more chances to win today then Somdev. I hope he has a good karma.

abraxas21
03-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Not really. Nadal always looks rusty in the first rounds, when he's more vulnerable.

actually, nadull almost never loses in the first rounds. he's prolly the most consistent player on tour in that regard.

last season he only lost in one tournament before the QF and that was in the round of 16 of Shanghai.

nadejda
03-16-2011, 09:24 PM
Indian man to prove the tournament's name right :rolls:

that said Rafa in two 6-2 6-0 ;)

Elbarto
03-16-2011, 11:24 PM
maybe the second big upset of the tournament after the Young-Murray