IW R3: Nadal def. Sweeting 6-3 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

IW R3: Nadal def. Sweeting 6-3 6-1

Topspindoctor
03-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Expected. Nadal is too good for this mug :worship:

Nadal offered no BPs the whole match and won 95% of the points on first serve :yeah:

Gladiator
Vamos Rafa

ZaZoo)
That last point sums up Nadal's draw.

n8
03-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Sweeting played some good shots. I loved the inside out backhand winner, it was hit from the right side's tramlines.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 01:39 AM
Rafa did well to get his first serve% up to 57% after it was languishing around 40% for a while :p awesome match, he is favorite to win this event :p

Orka_n
03-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Nadal's draw is easy but he is also in good form, there's no denying it.

Voo de Mar
03-15-2011, 01:40 AM
That last point sums up Nadal's draw.

:lol:

paseo
03-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Sweeting got nothing.

Arkulari
03-15-2011, 01:41 AM
Man vs boy, Sweeting has no weapons to try to fight Rafa's power ;)
Hell, this was Rafa at 30% at most, he didn't need another gear to beat this guy (I still wonder about Pico :spit: )

Mungo
03-15-2011, 01:42 AM
Sweet win, didn't sweat against Sweating

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 01:44 AM
Can Rafa play Del Potro next or has to wait? :p

Topspindoctor
03-15-2011, 01:46 AM
Can Rafa play Del Potro next or has to wait? :p

He will play either Malisse or Devvarman next. He might meet JMDP in semi.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 01:47 AM
He will play either Malisse or Devvarman next. He might meat JMDP in semi.

Aww that's a long time away, what a waste of time to wait that long :p

LinkMage
03-15-2011, 01:47 AM
:o

Just no words to describe Nadull's draws anymore.

That the out of form, just coming back from a year of absence brainless ballbashing robot is his biggest threat to the final should tell you everything.

careergrandslam
03-15-2011, 01:49 AM
the great man is on cruise control!

6-3 6-1 if i play bad match, no?

vamos legend!:worship:

Priam
03-15-2011, 01:52 AM
Nadal should make finals at least with his draw.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Hard to imagine Djokovic having a chance vs Rafa, it be a blow-out man! :p

Priam
03-15-2011, 01:58 AM
Rafa needs to play a quality opponent who can challenge him before playing Djokovic. That just might be Delpo.

careergrandslam
03-15-2011, 02:03 AM
u know whats going to happen right?

we rafa fans and haters all brag that rafa is in god mode and saying just hand him the title, then even rafa himself believes the hype and some unknown mug shocks him in the semifinal.

we have seen this story happen many times.
a great example was in thailand last year when GGL shocked rafa in the semis.

rafa always struggles in semifinals. its his bogey round. some of his worst losses have been in semifinals of tournaments.

Ackms421
03-15-2011, 02:12 AM

we rafa fans and haters all brag that rafa is in god mode and saying just hand him the title, then even rafa himself believes the hype and some unknown mug shocks him in the semifinal.

rafa always struggles in semifinals. its his bogey round. some of his worst losses have been in semifinals of tournaments.

If Potro beats Rafa in the semi here, I will agree that he was at 110% when he lost to him at the USO. He wasn't btw.

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 02:14 AM
Rafa needs to play a quality opponent who can challenge him before playing Djokovic. That just might be Delpo.

I hope so, I hope Del Potro doesn't let Rafa double-bagel him. I like the long matches :p

Chartreuse
03-15-2011, 02:16 AM
some unknown mug shocks him in the semifinal.

Del Potro is not unknown or a mug.

careergrandslam
03-15-2011, 02:17 AM
If Potro beats Rafa in the semi here, I will agree that he was at 110% when he lost to him at the USO. He wasn't btw.

i no undershand ur engrish.
can u speaka crear engrish?

Corey Feldman
03-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Nadal and his same boring robotic comments after every match

i play well, can play better, be more aggresive, i can improve....

for sure happy for the win and be in next round

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 03:08 AM
Destructive Devvarman has set up a marquee matchup with Rafa Underdog :p

Priam
03-15-2011, 03:11 AM

Those are rehearsed before every match, just in case.

Ackms421
03-15-2011, 03:22 AM
i no undershand ur engrish.
can u speaka crear engrish?

You mean write crear engrish?

Basically what I said was you're a douchebag.

Mungo
03-15-2011, 03:33 AM

A few points here and there, you know? I feel I should have won the match, I was in control of it. Luck wasn't on my side tonight. One of those days, you know? Cold conditions didn't help my game for sure. But I'm happy with the way I'm playing and where my game is at :o Fedull :rolleyes:

nsidhan
03-15-2011, 03:42 AM
Looking at form I would say Rafa is the clear favorite to win this tournament. Only he has the game to beat Nole at the moment. But Steve Tignor picked Rafa to win so Rafa is doomed!

nsidhan
03-15-2011, 03:45 AM

Rafa will hand Pony a royal beatdown. Unfortunately I will be out of town on Saturday and won't be able to watch :sad:

OLYMPICLEGEND
03-15-2011, 03:53 AM
Rafa will hand Pony a royal beatdown. Unfortunately I will be out of town on Saturday and won't be able to watch :sad:

Should cancel it, unless its a funeral. Or even a funeral you can probably postpone at least :p

nsidhan
03-15-2011, 03:57 AM
Should cancel it, unless its a funeral. Or even a funeral you can probably postpone at least :p

Haha...thanks I will give it a shot ;).

shiaben
03-15-2011, 04:42 AM
Terrible......and this is the future of American Tennis. Then again he's still a child and has many years ahead of him. He's only 19 after all.

Black Friday
03-15-2011, 04:49 AM
Terrible......and this is the future of American Tennis. Then again he's still a child and has many years ahead of him. He's only 19 after all.

Uh... Sweeting is 23

tribalfusion
03-15-2011, 04:50 AM
Uh... Sweeting is 23

He must be thinking of Ryan HARRISON...

shiaben
03-15-2011, 06:09 AM
He must be thinking of Ryan HARRISON...

Terrible mistake on my behalf. I actually did mistaken him for Harrison. (First names probably threw me off by surprise).

Well, glad to know it's not Harrison. Hopefully he won't attain a similar result to this. Then again these are masters, not slams.

The Magician
03-15-2011, 06:30 AM

You should be ashamed. Del Potro is the one who has had a career threatening injury and will probably never be the same player, and it was Nadull who he absolutely dominated who wasn't at his best :mad: Del Potro has the game to destroy Nadull on any surface, and of course he received another gift from the gods when Del Po got injured. It was just a coincidence, of course, that the year Del Po was out was Nadull's best year and the year he won the USO in the biggest tennis fiasco of all time.

To all the rest of you Nadulltards, don't you want to see quality tennis instead of 3 or more blowouts against challenger players in a MASTERS 1000?! Of course the answer is no, you'd rather see Nadull win and tennis doesn't matter at all, but still the tards revealing their true colors makes me sad more than anything :sad:

shiaben
03-15-2011, 06:33 AM
I'm a FedererTARD, but I enjoy watching Nadal win. But the thing is, people give Potro TOO MUCH credit. I'm happy that the young Argentine won a slam, very happy for him. I love his personality, his attitude, his character, his goofiness, and his accent. He's a very handsome, down to earth, and likable young lad. I just think if he were to be at his optimum vs Nadal.

Nadal would probably win 7/10 slam matches if they were both physically healthy at their best (no weather bs, no sicknesses, no injuries etc.)

nobama
03-15-2011, 06:34 AM
3 qualifiers in a row. :zzz:

asteve001
03-15-2011, 07:01 AM
A lucky draw is a product of being number 1, Federer benefited from it for years, to be lucky you've got to be good.

manadrainer
03-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Another qualifier in the next round. Really tough draw for Rafa.

rocketassist
03-15-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't like Del Potro but if he faces Nadal the match will be entirely in his hands.

Seingeist
03-15-2011, 07:22 AM

Yes, what an absolutely humiliating scoreline against the world #1 (in good form, to boot)!

:rolleyes:

moon language
03-15-2011, 07:23 AM
You should be ashamed. Del Potro is the one who has had a career threatening injury and will probably never be the same player, and it was Nadull who he absolutely dominated who wasn't at his best :mad: Del Potro has the game to destroy Nadull on any surface, and of course he received another gift from the gods when Del Po got injured. It was just a coincidence, of course, that the year Del Po was out was Nadull's best year and the year he won the USO in the biggest tennis fiasco of all time.

To all the rest of you Nadulltards, don't you want to see quality tennis instead of 3 or more blowouts against challenger players in a MASTERS 1000?! Of course the answer is no, you'd rather see Nadull win and tennis doesn't matter at all, but still the tards revealing their true colors makes me sad more than anything :sad:

Coincidences are awesome. Here's another one; the first year of Sampras's retirement was when Federer started winning slams.

KenMirnyi
03-15-2011, 04:05 PM

lol you're such a braindead clown... unbelievable:lol:

The most pathetic and most clueless mug, I have ever seen on a message board.

Li Ching Yuen
03-15-2011, 04:43 PM

I recommend you get in town Saturday.

SetSampras
03-15-2011, 06:16 PM
Rafa looks great but also has played a bunch of qualifiers so its hard to gauge where he really is right now. Hes LOOKING like the favorite though

Sapeod
03-15-2011, 06:29 PM
lol you're such a braindead clown... unbelievable:lol:

The most pathetic and most clueless mug, I have ever seen on a message board.
How?

He is correct.

Logical
03-15-2011, 06:52 PM
How?

He is correct.:retard:

Nole_1990
03-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Nadal draw is begging him to reach the final