Indian Wells R3: Nicolas Almagro (11) vs. Albert Montanes (23) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indian Wells R3: Nicolas Almagro (11) vs. Albert Montanes (23)

Sapeod
03-13-2011, 07:11 PM
So, who will win this encounter. Both are playing well, Almagro more so.
Montanes can be unpredictable and play amazing on these courts, but do you see him winning?

I think Almagro will win in 3, but there's a very good chance that Montanes could win.

Discuss...

scarecrows
03-13-2011, 07:13 PM
mugs match
hope they play it in the parking lot

Johnny Groove
Almugro.

The Gentleman.

Sonja1989
OMG, my good Almagro - Montanes match. :D :D :D
I think Nico in 3.

abraxas21
come on, mugro!!!

Nixer
03-13-2011, 07:14 PM
no way Montanes is stronger than Russell.. kinda same scoreline for Mugro, 2-0

oranges
03-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Two mugs going at it :zzz: Shame one of them will end up in R3

Sonja1989
03-13-2011, 07:18 PM

:confused: I think Almagro proved already, he is very good player (on hard court too.)

v-money
03-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I think Almagro in 2 is most likely. Montanes hasn't had a good start to the year, and his best performance was only QF in ATP250 Buenos Aires. Head to head is 4-1 to Montanes but 3 of the wins were 2004 or before and all meetings on clay. Almagro is probably a better hard court player.

oranges
03-13-2011, 07:29 PM
:confused: I think Almagro proved already, he is very good player (on hard court too.)

How and when did that happen?

Mateya
03-13-2011, 07:30 PM
No mugs here, Montanes has some skills and can play amazing tennis. Not a classic claymug.
Just as Mugro.

Mugro in 3. ;)

Sapeod
03-13-2011, 07:32 PM
:spit:
Have you always been this ignorant? :tape:
Have you seen Almagro play?
He is a great player.

Montanes is small, but he is consistent and has some really good skills and is mentally tough.

v-money
03-13-2011, 07:32 PM

Worse. They are playing in R3, winner goes to R16.

Filo V.
03-13-2011, 07:34 PM
Seems like these guys have haters, but Montanes is a true professional, and Almagro has really improved his game on all fronts. Expecting Nicolas to win in straights.

oranges
03-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Much worse :(

theKSHE
03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Almagro in 2.

Sonja1989
03-13-2011, 07:39 PM

Check his results. ;)
If you want I can post some highlights when Almagro played. :D

Sapeod
03-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't understand how someone can hate Montanes :scratch:

Sure, I can see why Almagro has haters, but Montanes? There's nothing bad about him...

Sonja1989
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't understand how someone can hate Montanes :scratch:

Sure, I can see why Almagro has haters, but Montanes? There's nothing bad about him...

I don't know. I remember when I made thread because I wanted to know why hate they Almagro...
Don't worry, I think If you make one about Montanes will be there one-two reason, I think. But I don't know. :confused:

abraxas21
03-13-2011, 08:50 PM
mugro is mostly hated because some buttheart safintards are still angry over mugro's loud cheers when he beat safin like 2343152535 years ago

oranges
03-13-2011, 08:55 PM
mugro is mostly hated because some buttheart safintards are still angry over mugro's loud cheers when he beat safin like 2343152535 years ago

:spit: Mugro is hated for being Mugro.

ImmzB
03-13-2011, 08:55 PM
mugs match
hope they play it in the parking lot

:lol: :haha:

Sapeod
03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
It all makes sense now...

oranges
03-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Check his results. ;)
If you want I can post some highlights when Almagro played. :D

Please post what are these results? No desire to see Mugro himself, but I'd love to here an explanation how is he a good player on hard. Other than Cabagge's, naturally, he's used to posting unsubstantiated nonsense.

finishingmove
03-13-2011, 09:13 PM
mugro imo

vn01
03-13-2011, 09:18 PM
Mugro in 3 :(

Sonja1989
03-13-2011, 09:26 PM
I think I should find my old thread. :sad:

jrm
03-13-2011, 10:18 PM
i still cannot believe Nieminen lost to ... this!

scarecrows
03-14-2011, 09:34 PM

he just lost to 30 year old clay courter :wavey:

Sapeod
03-14-2011, 09:35 PM
but there's a very good chance that Montanes could win.
Very good.

Sonja1989
03-14-2011, 10:59 PM
he just lost to 30 year old clay courter :wavey:

Do you think he cared this match? I don't think. His performance was very great on clay and I think he looking forward the clay again... (see Ferrero in last year and Ferrero is also good on hard.)

oranges
03-14-2011, 11:09 PM
Do you think he cared this match? I don't think. His performance was very great on clay and I think he looking forward the clay again... (see Ferrero in last year and Ferrero is also good on hard.)

And you're still asking why he's hated? Who is he, 20 time GS champ, to not care about a masters? Never been to top 10, actually has a chance, but he doesn't care. Only one word - Mugro. Still harping about how he's excellent on hard?

scarecrows
03-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Do you think he cared this match? I don't think.

I think

abraxas21
03-14-2011, 11:20 PM
And you're still asking why he's hated? Who is he, 20 time GS champ, to not care about a masters? Never been to top 10, actually has a chance, but he doesn't care. Only one word - Mugro. Still harping about how he's excellent on hard?

how would you possible know what he cares or doesnt care?

Sonja1989
03-14-2011, 11:23 PM
^^What is it? Somebody lost one match and he is bad? :confused:
Believe me, he don't care this match. Why? Of course he prefer clay and I think his thoughts on clay yet (or already).
Don't forget he played well in Australian Open too.

abraxas21
03-14-2011, 11:26 PM
no-one can possibly know what mugro cares or not.

regardless, it's hilarious that the same fanboys and fangirls who absolutely love nalbanclown and safin will be the first to say their faves didn't care much for improving their games during large parts of their careers. yet, somehow they have no problems saying that they hate mugro because they think he doesn't care.

MTF is a dump.

Sonja1989
03-14-2011, 11:29 PM
no-one can possibly know what mugro cares or not.

regardless, it's hilarious that the same fanboys and fangirls who absolutely love nalbanclown and safin will be the first to say their faves didn't care much for improving their games during large parts of their careers.

MTF is a dump.

Lot of people has right maybe when they said Almagro has bad behavior on court. But I think if he is very calm maybe he don't care.
And I know he can play much better than this.
That is all reason for me.

oranges
03-14-2011, 11:58 PM
how would you possible know what he cares or doesnt care?

I was going by her assertion. Either way, Mugrotards can decide for themselves whether he sucks on hard or doesn't care to explain this away. I couldn't care less, just stop wondering why he's hated and stop pushing him as a someone even remotely relevant on hard.

... and by the way, putting Nalbandian and Safin in the same sentence as Mugro is ridiculous beyond anything words can describe.

Sonja1989
03-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Oranges, do you remember the Tsonga - Almagro match from last year in Australian Open? This match was an example. Or he defeated Ljubicic in this year. Almagro is good in Australian Open all years.

oranges
03-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Here's his AO results: 1R 1R 1R 1R 3R 4R 4R. You consider that good or even respectable for someone who's top 20 seed for years?

abraxas21
03-15-2011, 01:44 AM
I was going by her assertion. Either way, Mugrotards can decide for themselves whether he sucks on hard or doesn't care to explain this away. I couldn't care less, just stop wondering why he's hated and stop pushing him as a someone even remotely relevant on hard..

no, you were not as you clearly said he doesn't care. if that wasn't your intention, i'd recommend you to think more before writing :yeah:

... and by the way, putting Nalbandian and Safin in the same sentence as Mugro is ridiculous beyond anything words can describe.

wrong. i wasn't comparing them at all. i was just making fun of some of their fans' double standards. you might see yourself portrayed in that joke.

oranges
03-15-2011, 03:01 AM
no, you were not as you clearly said he doesn't care. if that wasn't your intention, i'd recommend you to think more before writing :yeah:

Oh god, you're such a turd. It was clearly a response to her post, which asserted the reason he lost to 30 year old claycourter is because he didn't care. What's confusing you there?

wrong. i wasn't comparing them at all. i was just making fun of some of their fans' double standards. you might see yourself portrayed in that joke.

You weren't making fun of anyhting, at least not successfully, and you interpret people's statements as it suits you and against all odds and their own (repeated) interpretations of said words. You did that with the original 'not care' argument as well. I don't care to argue with you one way or another, I'll die of boredom and your own hypocrisy if I do, but if you could find it in yourself, do me a favor and and when posting about Nalbandian (or Safin it seems), just say I fucking hate/despise them, instead of the tiresome pretense that it's the hype that bothers you. Far more integrity there and few will than argue with you, unless that's the point and you get off on it. I on my part despise Mugro.

abraxas21
03-15-2011, 03:06 AM
Oh god, you're such a turd. It was clearly a response to her post, which asserted the reason he lost to 30 year old claycourter is because he didn't care. What's confusing you there?

let me remind you your own comment, sweetie:

Never been to top 10, actually has a chance, but he doesn't care.

snd dirty language doesnt look good on a lady like you. :hug: not to mention it's against the rules :yeah:

You weren't making fun of anyhting, at least not successfully, and you interpret people's statements as it suits you and against all odds and their own (repeated) interpretations of said words. You did that with the original 'not care' argument as well. I don't care to argue with you one way or another, I'll die of boredom and your own hypocrisy if I do, but if you could find it in yourself, do me a favor and and when posting about Nalbandian (or Safin it seems), just say I fucking hate/despise them, instead of the tiresome pretense that it's the hype that bothers you. Far more integrity there and few will than argue with you, unless that's the point and you get off on it. I on my part despise Mugro.

way to dodge my arguement. do yourself a favour a work on your reading comprehension. it will do you tons of good. i could also recommend some anger managment classes...

Sonja1989
03-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Here's his AO results: 1R 1R 1R 1R 3R 4R 4R. You consider that good or even respectable for someone who's top 20 seed for years?

Last two year was good, he lost to Djokovic and Tsonga (fifth set).