College class of 2015 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

College class of 2015

orangehat
03-13-2011, 07:28 AM
Hmm so I was wondering, any MTF members starting college later this year? If so, where are you planning to go/want to go/accepted at?

I cant wait because high school ended the end of last year for me and i have 8 months of boredom :lol:

So far i've been accepted at ucla, waiting to hear from berkeley, cornell, uVa and the candadian unis toronto, mcgill and ubc.

:wavey:

Arkulari
03-13-2011, 08:16 AM
I thought you were older ;)

Have you decided on a Major yet? I knew what I wanted to study since my junior year of HS but I knew a lot of people who were still doubting even after a sabbatical year

orangehat
03-13-2011, 10:10 AM
haha nope i turned 18 last october.

i basically applied undeclared to all the us schools with the exception of cornell, trying to get in their school of industrial and labor relations there.

i don't really know what i want to read, but probably either econs/business or psych/poli sci :rolls:

cobalt60
03-13-2011, 02:00 PM
My oldest;) Turns 18 shortly; into 2 schools already with pretty good scholarships but alas they are at the bottom of his list:p

orangehat
03-13-2011, 02:31 PM
My oldest;) Turns 18 shortly; into 2 schools already with pretty good scholarships but alas they are at the bottom of his list:p

wow good for him! :yeah:

i'll probably go to one of the canadian unis unless i get into cornell, their costs are about 40% that of us unis :o since i wont get any scholarships :help: because i mostly only have good results :lol:

if i get in cornell i have to live shamefully off my parents' money. :smash:

Johnny Groove
03-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Try to keep the partying to a minimum, trust me.

GPA is incredibly important.

Lopez
03-13-2011, 10:09 PM
I started my second degree this year so in a sense I'm a first year student as well ;). Not sure if I'll finish it though :p

straitup
03-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Good luck with the other schools bud...you sound like a smart guy. Just balance everything well and you'll have a great time

orangehat
03-14-2011, 04:48 AM
Try to keep the partying to a minimum, trust me.

GPA is incredibly important.

I'll keep that in mind.
Though that probably wont be too much of a problem as I'm not really the crazy partying type :lol:

I started my second degree this year so in a sense I'm a first year student as well ;). Not sure if I'll finish it though :p
:cool:

Good luck with your studies

Good luck with the other schools bud...you sound like a smart guy. Just balance everything well and you'll have a great time

Thanks! :yeah:
I hope so too.

No one from MTF starting college this year? :scratch:

straitup
03-14-2011, 05:08 AM
To be honest, I don't think there's a ton on MTF in college at the moment...like I know of one other person who is the same year as me :lol:. So you're probably going to a Canadian school unless you get into Cornell?

UCLA's a pretty good one to get into, I've heard all the UC schools are hard to get into from out-of-state

orangehat
03-14-2011, 06:08 AM
To be honest, I don't think there's a ton on MTF in college at the moment...like I know of one other person who is the same year as me :lol:. So you're probably going to a Canadian school unless you get into Cornell?

UCLA's a pretty good one to get into, I've heard all the UC schools are hard to get into from out-of-state

Well I thought with so many trolls on MTF most of them won't be above 18 :help: :rolls:

Yep, even though my parents could probably afford the US schools but it's still quite a lot of money. Going to uni in Canada probably costs 120K less than what I would have to pay in US (over the four years)

Well being an international student + not qualifying for financial aid probably helped me get in and my scores probably helped too.

I think my chances in cornell are probably quite slim though, I don't really have a lot of extra-curricular activities/leadership stuff.

Hewitt =Legend
03-14-2011, 10:54 AM
I've just started my second year (sports journo) and yes the key is to balance everything. It's important to work and study but it's good for you to go out and have a good time with mates as well. Just get that sorted when you start and you'll fall into a nice routine...