Protest [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Protest

Everko
03-10-2011, 04:42 PM
It's an empowering yet scary experience. When you are with hundreds of other brothers you feel as if you can crack and crumble the most powerful man on Earth, but when it is over you feel the depths of fear for what you have done. I started out being secluded, not being any part of anything that was happening. I did not want our coutry to turn into something like Egypt(now Libya). I pray with everything I have(I haven't been religious in years but the last month I have been) that Libya will not have a spillover into our country. My mind was changed when 4 protestors knocked down my door and used my home as shelter for two nights. They were aggressive yet friendly people who convinced me that they wanted what was best for everyone. I joined them for 3 seperate days. I do not wish to give anymore details(careful with the internet).

It is nice to be back on MTF and hopefully I can discuss tennis with all of you again very soon. Don't worry MTf I will be back in my Rafa and Nole supporting gear very soon, in time for clay season I hope where Rafa will run everyone over.

Fight the peacful struggle :):cool:

Johnny Groove
03-10-2011, 04:43 PM
Sounds like all of North Africa might have a say before it is all said and done.

Everko
03-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Hello Johnny Groove how have you been? I hope your tennis is going well.

It will touch all of North Africa. I just hope the damage is minimal. I hate the process that must be done but we are all in agrrement(my friends and family) that we will emerge greater after this is done. Their is no baby without labor pains.

Everko
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
And as far as the lynchers go, massive disgrace. They say they fight for us, but they do not fight for anyone. I can understand getting caught up in the flair and the moment. I did several times but I never got to the point of losing my head as these young men did. Lynching someone to get them out is not the way to transition smoothly. You cannot take your inner emotions and show them to the world that way.

Arkulari
03-10-2011, 06:35 PM
We might have never seen eye to eye when it comes to tennis matters but I wish the best for you and your country, I hope things get better and that you are safe.

JolánGagó
03-10-2011, 06:40 PM
Good luck and strength, everko!

BigJohn
03-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Be careful, I hope the situation gets resolved quickly.

Pirata.
03-11-2011, 01:58 AM
We might have never seen eye to eye when it comes to tennis matters but I wish the best for you and your country, I hope things get better and that you are safe.

+1

Irrelevant differences in tennis is nothing compared to a fight for freedom. All the best, Everko! I hope you stay safe :)

fast_clay
03-11-2011, 02:01 AM
good man you everko

zeleni
03-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Come back soon, Everko. This board needs you.

peribsen
03-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I wish the best for you, your relations, your country and your culture. Remember that on this one, we are all on your side. Take care.
Salam alaikum!

Everko
03-28-2011, 07:32 PM
We see what is happening in Libya and hope nothing like that will ever happen to us in our lifetime. That's how I feel at least as do most of my family and friends. I knew 2 Libyans a few years ago, hopefully they are ok.

Commander Data
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
It's an empowering yet scary experience. When you are with hundreds of other brothers you feel as if you can crack and crumble the most powerful man on Earth, but when it is over you feel the depths of fear for what you have done. I started out being secluded, not being any part of anything that was happening. I did not want our coutry to turn into something like Egypt(now Libya). I pray with everything I have(I haven't been religious in years but the last month I have been) that Libya will not have a spillover into our country. My mind was changed when 4 protestors knocked down my door and used my home as shelter for two nights. They were aggressive yet friendly people who convinced me that they wanted what was best for everyone. I joined them for 3 seperate days. I do not wish to give anymore details(careful with the internet).

It is nice to be back on MTF and hopefully I can discuss tennis with all of you again very soon. Don't worry MTf I will be back in my Rafa and Nole supporting gear very soon, in time for clay season I hope where Rafa will run everyone over.

Fight the peacful struggle :):cool:

Wish you good luck!! be careful.

barbadosan
03-28-2011, 11:06 PM

+1

Somehow I missed this thread until today, but very definitely want to echo Arkulari's sentiments. Stay safe

abraxas21
03-29-2011, 05:08 AM
fight for whats right and fair but take care of yourself and your beloved ones.

good luck

Vida
03-29-2011, 12:52 PM
be well man.

Everko
08-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Gaddafi might be in Algeria. My sister just told me this. Please don't kill our country, western forces to look for him :sad:

buddyholly
08-29-2011, 11:04 PM
There are news reports that his wife and three of his children arrived in Algeria, but not him.

out_here_grindin
08-31-2011, 03:07 AM
Is this Libya war effecting you guys much? What do you think of the situation?

Arkulari
09-05-2011, 04:46 AM
I said it before and I say it again: we don't see eye to eye when it comes to tennis but I wish you and your country the best, stay safe.