Le Gosier - Miami 2011 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Le Gosier - Miami 2011

soulage
03-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Arnaud will fly over the ocean to play two tournament the big challenger of Le Gosier in Guadeloupe so a french tournament and the qualies of Miami. He posted some news on his facebook we can't say there are great :lol: as he says he has not good sensations.

« Bonjour à tous ! Quelques nouvelles avant mon départ pour Pointe-à-Pitre vendredi. Les entrainements se passent très bien, j'essaie en priorité de revenir à un bon niveau physique. Les sensations tennistiques ne sont pas encore au niveau attendu mais cela va venir je reste très confiant ! Merci pour vos messages et à très vite. »

"Hello everyone! Some news before I went to Pointe-à-Pitre on Friday. The training are going very well, I try to give the priority to restore a good physical level. Tennis sensations are not yet at the level expected but it will come I remain very confident! Thank you for your messages and see you quickly. "

Marine
03-10-2011, 06:37 PM
I didn't think arnaud would post more like 3 messages on his FB, so good surprise ! lol

soulage
03-14-2011, 10:24 AM
He's playing Rosol first round considering the byes we could have expect a better draw but well it's a 100000§. He will depend of his sensations let's see if they good or bad cos Rosol is not so bad on harcourt.. Today at 6.00 pm local time. Arnaud also team up with Oli Rochus in doubles.

soulage
03-14-2011, 04:29 PM
An article in the local newspaper after the exhibition match he played saturday. We can't say he very confidence still worried about his shoulder :sad: He wants to test his body indeed won't be easy that first round. The google traduction of the article

Arnaud Clement is not the highest ranked player to play the tournament . But his popularity remains intact.

"Now the signatures."
Arnaud Clement has completed his exhibition match Saturday afternoon in front Belgium's Olivier Rochus (6-4 to Clement). The young ball boys and those who attended the early exchanges of the tournament rush behind the chair occupied by the Aixois. It lends himself to the autograph session, his popularity appears to be intact, to hear the applause at the announcement of his name, a good half-hour earlier in the player introductions. "It's always fun, says the player. This is also why I continue.
Its 106th world ranking has obviously not forgotten the exploits of former world number 10 (early 2001). "I'm in the last years of my tennis carreer, then I take advantage," continued the right-hander with a smile. He who froth the circuit since 1996, when he arrived in the pros - he was 19 - to appreciate this career. "I'm no longer in the same mindset, but I continue because I still love the competition," he continued calmly.
While he appears more and more on tournament "Challenger", even if he was part of the team of France's Davis Cup finalist last November. He won his doubles match with Mickael Llodra. "Here, I return from Cherbourg, he says. But I was sick, it did not go very well. He was put off in the second round.

"Good feelings"
In Guadeloupe, the player bandana comes in better shape. "I come to find the confidence to test me, says it again. Hopefully my shoulder will hold. Without letting go completely at his exhibition on Saturday, played "without tap into (my) resources" but conscientiously, The Key, his nickname was able to test it. "The feeling was good, it starts well. But it'll be tough, "warns that fighting groundstrokes long time co-holder of record of time spent in match (6h 33 'against Fabrice Santoro at Roland Garros in 2004).
La Guadeloupe will be for the thirty man - which celebrated the 34 years in December - a springboard to launch into a new appointment. It will be this weekend in the U.S. for a competition more fierce. "For this play here this week falls very much to prepare the Miami Masters. "There, it will indeed be more robust. In the meantime, we will have to pass the first round here. It's never easy. Afterwards, why not go all the way? "
The audience enjoyed his first shots. They also appreciate to find him on the weekend.

the original version for french speakers with pic

Fat Camel
03-15-2011, 12:03 AM
4-6 2-6..:sad:
Waiting for some news.

soulage
03-15-2011, 08:12 AM
big loss again never close ones. Poor boy it's as if he had been out of the tour 6 months and would need long time to recover, confidence must be very low and for his body we don't know but he often broken :confused: The clay season will be a nightmare if he has those results on hard :ignore:

A long week to train and hope a kind a better level in Miami. Not easy to be old :devil:

Reading the newspaper Rosol is very happy about his match saying he served very well and returned very well and played a good match. Arnaud'serve is surely more easy to return those days and if he has not many opportunities on the cze serve it was tough. Doubles today

soulage
03-15-2011, 05:18 PM
on the official site :ignore: If his opponents begin to play their best tennis againt him now :mad: :lol:

Le calvaire d'Arnaud Clément MARDI 15 MARS 2011

http://orangeopenguadeloupe.com/images/articles/630_420/10063017_1.jpg

La nuit est tombée pour la dernière rencontre entre le quatrième français du jour, Arnaud Clément, et le Tchèque Lukas Rosol. Un match à sens unique qui tourne en faveur du géant de l’Est (6/4, 6/2). Dépassé, Clément tente de renvoyer les missiles adverses. C’est mission impossible. « J’ai pratiqué un très bon tennis ce soir. Arnaud n’a eu aucune opportunité donc j’ai pu jouer mon jeu, à savoir bien servir et bien retourner », apprécie le Tchèque. Breaké d'entrée de match, Arnaud Clément ne parvient pas à rattraper son retard. En forme, Lukas Rosol profite pleinement de conditions idéales pour son jeu. Il contient le Français et gagne la première manche avant de mettre les voiles dans le second set. Il s'appuie sur ses qualités et s'impose grâce à un double break. Il sera opposé au deuxième tour à l’Espagnol Daniel Gimeno-Traver.

Marine
03-15-2011, 08:26 PM
How can arnaud still enjoy tennis ???
90 % of time his matchs are living death for him. :rolleyes:

Filo V.
03-15-2011, 09:49 PM
If Arno is smart he'll stay in challengers on HC after Miami, and only occasionally play the ATP clay events if he gets in automatically or the draw is weak. Sad to see how he's played this year, hopefully his body starts reacting soon.

soulage
03-15-2011, 10:21 PM
If Arno is smart he'll stay in challengers on HC after Miami, and only occasionally play the ATP clay events if he gets in automatically or the draw is weak. Sad to see how he's played this year, hopefully his body starts reacting soon.
He will play the all clay season :help: He should start with the qualies of MC if he enters the draw which can be high then i'm quite sure about the challenger of Bordeaux otherwise he will try qualies of 250 or master imo :eek: I found that crazy as he's poor on clay and if he starts the season on that surface without confidence it's awful remember 2008 :lol: Those fields will be too tough for him :devil:. It's for RG OK but not the right choice imo He's better on hard court.

Then it's only since Zagreb that's he's not happy with his tennis because sickness or injury but the time is against him and as the confidence and the physic are what he needs for his game it's a viscious circle :sad: He plays tennis if he wants but for sure it's boring to follow him this year :awww:

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/199834_206458969366313_197685710243639_844841_6120 273_n.jpg

Via
03-16-2011, 12:53 AM
gosh losing first round in a challenger... he's going down fast. i don't know what can turn the tide for him. but maybe he needs more time to rest the shoulder. he certainly gets more rest these days :awww:

soulage
03-16-2011, 07:51 PM
Something positiv is that he's still revolted and hate the loss after the doubles win win yesterday he said " Ca m'aurait fait ch.... de perdre mes deux matchs au premier tour. Je suis content de rester et de pouvoir jouer jeudi ", souligne Arnaud Clément. Le Français signera des autographes cet après-midi à 17h30. :lol: So he still wants to play for the moment until when we don't know but the losses affected him. Next round the play a real doubles team more tough for the dwarf :lol:

Clément-Rochus en toute décontraction MERCREDI 16 MARS 2011

http://orangeopenguadeloupe.com/images/articles/630_420/10063056_1.jpg

Les quatre francophones venaient de se livrer à un petit jeu dans les carrés de service pour s'échauffer. La mise en route réelle a été longue pour les deux moins expérimentés. " On a perdu assez vite au début, on n'était pas dedans. On a mis du temps à rentrer dans le match et ils étaient plus forts que nous ", regrette Mathieu Rodrigues. En face, Arnaud Clément et Olivier Rochus font jouer leur expérience. Ils dominent de la tête et des épaules. Le premier set est enlevé rapidement (6/2), le deuxième un peu moins (6/4) mais le résultat est là pour la paire franco-belge. " Ca m'aurait fait ch.... de perdre mes deux matchs au premier tour. Je suis content de rester et de pouvoir jouer jeudi ", souligne Arnaud Clément. Le Français signera des autographes cet après-midi à 17h30.

Marine
03-16-2011, 10:51 PM
" Ca m'aurait fait ch.... de perdre mes deux matchs au premier tour. Je suis content de rester et de pouvoir jouer jeudi ",

oh yes ! to go as far and lose at first round (of a challenger) that's frustrating ! lol

soulage
03-17-2011, 07:53 PM
He may not play Miami according his last interview :sad:

soulage
03-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Finally he should play Miami :silly: The double final today if the shoulder is ok of course :help:

Arno this week

http://orangeopenguadeloupe.com/images/phototheque/zoom/10063178_1.jpg
http://orangeopenguadeloupe.com/images/phototheque/zoom/10063176_3.jpg
http://orangeopenguadeloupe.com/images/articles/630_420/10063138_1.jpg

soulage
03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
So they lost the final and was not good and tired for Oli it's OK but Arnaud :confused: Ils auraient pu s’éviter un super tie-break. Le Français Stéphane Robert et l’Italien Riccardo Ghedin menaient un set à zéro et quatre jeux à un, service à suivre. Ils ont finalement du attendre les derniers points du match pour célébrer leur victoire. Il faut dire que la semaine a été longue pour Stéphane Robert qui a joué neuf matchs en cinq jours, simple et double confondus. « Je commençais à fatiguer. Mais c’était un double tranquille, eux étaient un peu en dedans ce qui nous a permis de mener largement. Puis nous avons été en dedans et ils sont revenus. Je suis quand même content de terminer sur une bonne note », précise-t-il.

En face, la paire Clément-Rochus ne semblait pas plus fraîche. Ce que confirme le Belge. « Nous avons manqué un peu de jus. C’était un peu dur. On est menés 6/2, 3/0. On se met à jouer libérés et on revient. Finalement, on perd mais c’était sympa », relate le vainqueur du tournoi de simple. Le duo franco-italien met un peu plus d’envie. Il se détache dans le super tie-break avant de se faire rattraper. Stéphane Robert et Riccardo Ghedin trouvent quand même la force de terminer le travail. Une victoire qui fait du bien au moral des deux joueurs. Un succès qui laisse de beaux souvenirs de Guadeloupe. Jusqu’à l’année prochaine.

Well he was playing with his elbow protection he didn't use the rest of the week. The draw of Miami qualies is tonight let's see if he has change his mind because if he's injured and tired and not trained :lol: i'm worried about the next score :help:

Marine
03-20-2011, 02:24 PM
because if he's injured and tired and not trained :lol: i'm worried about the next score :help:

yeah... R.I.D.I.C.U.L.E ! :rolleyes:

Kezzi
03-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I just hope he takes rest when he needs it and not when it's too late like Gilles with his knee. If he's out for 6 months then, it'll probably be the end of his career. :scared:

Fat Camel
03-21-2011, 10:57 AM
One of the most difficult opponents in the 1st qualy round - Donald Young:( He won in the match vs Murray last week in Indian - Wells..

Via
03-21-2011, 02:00 PM
what i don't understand is, how arno can still be ranked above donald young after all? lol

Fat Camel
03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
what i don't understand is, how arno can still be ranked above donald young after all? lol

Two GS 3rd rounds:worship:

soulage
03-21-2011, 04:32 PM
Young is not a great player :devil: but his run in IW gave him confidence and in tennis that's sometimes enough especially against a injured guy. Arnaud is more near 20% to win atm :sad: and anyway he wants to comeback in france to see the doctor :devil: I don't know when he arrives in Miami but they are scheduled last match maybe he's in only today in Florida :confused: The match will be in the night for us then i bet on 36/26 for that match.

Filo V.
03-21-2011, 07:29 PM
The draw is awful for Arno. Don I can see him beating, but his R2 I don't. Arno probably should just tank and then take a few weeks off. Making the MD directly into the French seems like it isn't happening so at this point he needs to make sure he's fit for the clay season.

Fat Camel
03-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Making the MD directly into the French seems like it isn't happening so at this point he needs to make sure he's fit for the clay season.

I' m pretty sure he'll get a WC there.

Filo V.
03-21-2011, 08:22 PM
He will, but I meant top 100 position for the majors. Right after RG is Wimbledon, which is probably his best chance to do something big at a major. He needs to situate himself well for the best possible chances there. All in all, I hope he gets healthy.

Fat Camel
03-21-2011, 08:51 PM
All in all, I hope he gets healthy.

Yes, this is the main point.

By the way, he broke Young to 0 in the first game, unexpectable start:)

Fat Camel
03-21-2011, 09:19 PM
The first set was amazing - 6\2! He could make a bagel (6-0), but on Young's serve at 0-4 he didn't convert some bp!
But that doesn't matter, he finally won the set!:woohoo:

soulage
03-21-2011, 10:39 PM
It lasted only one set then he has struggled. He's surely not fit enough and maybe the pain comes through the match. He knew that would be tough and now he can say goodbye to miami. The mindset must not be good with all his problems :hug:. Let's see what the doctor will say and wait he can't do nothing against his age :lol: He has to take the better decisions for the future on or off court.

Anyway whe should not find him on court before the small french tournament in Valenciennes first week-end of april if his body is ok.

The last game was so long i manage to type that message :lol:

Fat Camel
03-21-2011, 10:39 PM
6-2 3-6 2-6...:sad:
Anyway, good effort by Clement! First set in two months, a good fight even injured. He saved 3 mp and had 3 bp in the last game.

Welcome to clay, hopefully healthy.

Filo V.
03-21-2011, 10:58 PM
He fought hard, which is a good sign. Unfortunately, he's simply not in the shape to beat any decent players. Hopefully these weeks off coming up help him recover fitness and he can just relax a bit.

Via
03-21-2011, 11:53 PM
:sad:

i hope he wasn't fighting if he still feels the injury

He fought hard, which is a good sign. Unfortunately, he's simply not in the shape to beat any decent players. Hopefully these weeks off coming up help him recover fitness and he can just relax a bit.

i would say, he's not in the shape to beat any half decent player! lol

soulage
03-22-2011, 09:03 AM
He will, but I meant top 100 position for the majors. Right after RG is Wimbledon, which is probably his best chance to do something big at a major. He needs to situate himself well for the best possible chances there. All in all, I hope he gets healthy.
To be in the MD of Wimbledon is a tough goal he would need to do an great start on clay which is unlikely to happen. He's still playing because those big events but that's tougher year after year. Yes most important he's to be healthy and trying to take some pleasure on court like in challenger tour but for that we've to wait the end of clay :lol: Anyway i don't see him come back on future or challenger qualies if the ranking continues to go down.

Coming off the biggest win of his career with an upset of Andy Murray at the BNP Paribas Open, Donald Young was back to the business of qualifying for another major event. Against the wily veteran in Arnaud Clement, Young was out of sorts out the gate, dropping the first 10 points of the match with a listless performance and cantankerous disposition. But the young American who has seemed burdened by big expectations shook off a lopsided first set and turned the match around. “I didn’t play my game in the first set. I started to keep more balls in play and kept fighting,” said Young. He took pace off his shots, forcing Clement to create his own pace, and that change in tactics forced the Frenchman to make more errors. “If I keep playing my game, the way I played in the last two sets, I can get through.” He’ll have to fight past Frank Dancevic of Canada who can produce good tennis on North American hardcourts

A pic from yesterday, he looks tired and with that zoom hopefully the ear is clean :lol: http://craighickmanontennis.blogspot.com/

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo169/Annabessacook_Farm/Tennis/IMG_0267.jpg

Kezzi
03-22-2011, 06:37 PM
I always love that sunscreen aka white war color :p

soulage
03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
He entered Athens on outdoor Hardcourt instead of MC qualies. So it remains one harcourt tournament and let him 3 weeks to look after the shoulder except between the Valenciennes tournament on clay of course :cuckoo: