"Miami is not that special..." [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"Miami is not that special..."

Stefanos13
02-26-2011, 06:55 AM
Nadal is quoted on his own website to have said "Miami is not that special, the most special thing to me is the day-to-day [results] at every tournament. In Indian Wells, I’ve done real well. Overall, both tournaments are really important. They are the first two Master 1000 events of the season that give you a lot of points and they define the beginning of such a long part of the season.”

Has anyone seen the whole interview and why did he say that Miami is not that special. It sounds a little out of character and I'm sure he wants to win it (and I hope he does)

Confused...

Just like heaven
02-26-2011, 08:08 AM
It's just his usual speech. Like when he said that winning the "Rafa Slam" doesn't give him an extra motivation and what he really cares about is winning the tournament (AO).

And he's right. Miami isn't more special than Indian Wells, Madrid, Shanghai, etc.
He obviously wants to win it, but it's not something that gives him extra motivation.

TennisOnWood
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Miami is greatest Masters 1000 event from the start in 1990., it will be great if he can win it.. I want this a lot more then bloody Madrid title

Xristos
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
He should have won Miami in 05 and in 08.

Sonja1989
03-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Miami isn't his best tournament but hopefully he will win sooner or later.

rafa_maniac
03-02-2011, 04:02 PM
Miami is the tournamant I most want him to win that he hasn't yet. So close in 05 and 08, and handed to him on a platter last year, sigh... I feel the conditions suit him but the years where he's been playng well he's been burnt out from IW.