Memphis SF : Raonic eats up Fish 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Memphis SF : Raonic eats up Fish 6-4, 4-6, 6-3

GHETTOTENNIS
02-19-2011, 06:14 PM
What a man:worship:

navy75
That was a really painful match to watch. Mardy looked like he was still really struggling with his thyroid condition from the very beginning of the match, and he is simply not the same person in 2011. Milos was spraying balls left and right and was also completely devoid of energy, but had just a little more fight than Fish today. In all honesty it is a shame that this tournament is a 500 event, while the better quality, better attended, and more technologically-abled event in Marseille is a 250.

rubbERR
good tournaments to start rise where all american mugs playing :lol:

Certinfy
:worship: Surely he's dead tired now though? How does he keep doing it? :haha:

What a player :) Milos :bounce:

Shirogane
The amazing run keeps going on. I'm hoping for a final against Delpo. :bounce:

tennisfan856
02-19-2011, 06:15 PM
should've been in 2 today, fish was really poor. Good for milos but i dont like his chances against delpo/roddick.

chenx15
another second set melt down. but a win is win

Voo de Mar
Amazing :inlove: 4 consecutive wins in 3-setters, firing aces in all directions. I'm looking forward for his final no matter who will be his opponent.

Greystoke
02-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Agfm

habibko
would be an interesting final against Del Potro, make it happen Pony :rocker2:

Armless
He's destined to win when losing the 2nd. The outcome was NID. Another final for Milos, hell of a breakthrough, hell of a player.

navy75
02-19-2011, 06:17 PM

I agree. Neither one of these players would have won two matches in Marseille, and yet this is a semi-final of a 500 event. As if the quality of play isn't awful enough, they don't even spend the money to have hawkeye (which has had a huge effect in several of the matches this tournament).

Somebody's got to win these tournaments though, so hats off to Raonic for taking advantage of these weak North American tournaments...

chenx15
second set meltdown quite anticipated

Regenbogen
And Raonic just keeps going. :haha: I expect he'll lose in the final but it's been an amazing beginning to the season for him, would not have expected it.

Kat_YYZ
02-19-2011, 06:18 PM
:bounce: MILOS! :bounce: :D

Aenea
02-19-2011, 06:19 PM

isn't this just true for del Pony to start his come back :confused:
Good strategy for both of them and good schedule :shrug:

Orka_n
Raonic you legend. Now take the title. :yeah:

Blarghman
Milos :yeah:

On Monday, he will be the highest ranked player in Canadian history. What a two month stretch for him. Don't see him beating Roddick or Delpo, but with the run he's on, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.

acheng
02-19-2011, 06:20 PM
:worship: Milos you're making Canada proud! Good luck to him in the final. I didn't think he'd win against Verdasco in the last final, so I'm not ruling out another possible win for him - he just keeps surprising me!

HDW
02-19-2011, 06:20 PM
As long as Duck doesn't win the TM, Im happy.

Good fighting from Milos.

Nathaliia
02-19-2011, 06:21 PM
All serve this Raonic, poor Fish didn't stand a chance, but fortunately he will teach the kid on clay what the real tennis is about.

mark73
#37 in the world at this moment, higher if he wins the final. Can play any tounament he wants for the rest of the year as he has no points to defend.

Chris Kuerten
Milos :yeah:

On Monday, he will be the highest ranked player in Canadian history. What a two month stretch for him. Don't see him beating Roddick or Delpo, but with the run he's on, I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
What about Greg Rusedski?

Doomach777
02-19-2011, 06:22 PM
He is having time of his life!
Another game for Miloš.

156mphserve
02-19-2011, 06:23 PM
the englishman?:o

he only got to #41 as a canuck;)

timafi
02-19-2011, 06:24 PM
good riddance Mardy Fish you arrogant punk:bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave::bigwave: :bigwave: :bigwave::D

Jomp1
02-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Surreal run.

abraxas21
02-19-2011, 06:27 PM
in a time of mugs, fixers and chokers, milos raonic from canada has emerged to save the ATP.

Lee
All serve this Raonic, poor Fish didn't stand a chance, but fortunately he will teach the kid on clay what the real tennis is about.

:rolls: :rolls:

And what a week for Canadians in Memphis. Other than Milos in men's final, Rebecca Marino is in women's final and Nestor in men's doubles final. :yeah:

nsidhan
Milos has got no backhand. Ocassional bh dtl works but for the most part it sucks. If he can fix that then he will be harder to beat.

Now win the title Pony!

tennishero
02-19-2011, 06:29 PM
raonic in a 500 final with just serve, R.I.P tennis.

letshavefun3
02-19-2011, 06:30 PM
:rolls: :rolls:

And what a week for Canadians in Memphis. Other than Milos in men's final, Rebecca Marino is in women's final and Nestor in men's doubles final. :yeah:

and Fichman is in the woman's double final in Bogota!

rubbERR
02-19-2011, 06:31 PM

cmon man, we have seen how real top players treat these all serve players, no chance :lol:

let babyface enjoy his spotlight, it doesnt last long, may b over 1-2 months if Raonic realizes again that he is completely useless.

duong
02-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Milos was spraying balls left and right and was also completely devoid of energy, but had just a little more fight than Fish today.

:confused: Raonic wasn't short of energy at all : he was full of it !

Fish was not at his best yes, but he was also often surprised by the speed of Raonic's shots, who played much better on baseline than yesterday and could keep the rallies well in third set with some good shots as well.

duong
02-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Milos has got no backhand. Ocassional bh dtl works but for the most part it sucks. If he can fix that then he will be harder to beat.

it's his flaw but he could keep rallies with Fish who has a good backhand, could return and make some winners on this side, play flat and slice, it's not that bad.

Or Levy
02-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Should be fun to see him against the big boys in the Masters.

Mistaflava
02-19-2011, 06:36 PM
cmon man, we have seen how real top players treat these all serve players, no chance :lol:

let babyface enjoy his spotlight, it doesnt last long, may b over 1-2 months if Raonic realizes again that he is completely useless.

Your level of idiocy grows with each and every Raonic win.

rubbERR
02-19-2011, 06:37 PM
His backhand is not bad? i can hit better one at times :lol:

loopback
02-19-2011, 06:37 PM
Raonic -Roddick final would be interesting

ExcaliburII
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM
get a clue mistaflava, Argentina is 10 times better than the usa.
Usa is full of people like Querrey, Russell, Kendrick, etc. :retard:

rubbERR
02-19-2011, 06:38 PM

Pusher eating him alive each rally with his slices, not pretty to watch :lol:

Mistaflava
02-19-2011, 06:39 PM
get a clue mistaflava, Argentina is 10 times better than the usa.
Usa is full of people like Querrey, Russell, Kendrick, etc. :retard:

it's too bad most of the Argentinians on this forum give the Country a bad name. The girls are hot that's for sure but the mental midgets who post here are a complete joke to society.

duong
02-19-2011, 06:39 PM
His backhand is not bad? i can hit better one at times :lol:

it's bad yes comparing to the overall level of the ATP but it's not THAT bad as some of you say "NO backhand" : he could still make everything I said against Fish, against Ferrer as well in Australia, it's not given to everybody including you, I think.

he has a game of winners and UE, surely not the kind of game typical in the game today, even from Söderling.

Mr. Oracle
02-19-2011, 06:40 PM

oh no not another claytard!

tennishero
another moron posting on MTF...who allows these pieces of garbage to post anyways? Seriously though. So because Blake Griffin only dunks the ball in basketball, R.I.P basketball?

I'm starting to think the level of education in Argentina (since most of the Raonic haters are from there) is lower than that of baboon.

Get a clue.

milos is that you?

the only other explanation is your a lanky cannuck fucker yourself... in which case would explain your total lack of knowledge and taste in tennis.

duong

I surely hope and think Del Potro will beat Roddick and win the tournament :yeah:

Roger the Dodger
Agfm

QUIT IT! QUIT IT! QUIT IT!
'nuff is 'nuff!

:retard: What game are you watching. One thing for sure, Milos is a better match player than the other big servers like Roddick and Isner. And those who say his baseline game is bad should have watched him in the third set against Fish. Milos can really pound the ball hard with that club. Big strong fella.

Good luck for the finals!:cool:

Roger the Dodger
02-19-2011, 06:41 PM
I surely hope and think Del Potro will beat Roddick and win the tournament :yeah:

If that happens, what will be Potro's ranking?

ViolaLu09
02-19-2011, 06:41 PM
Why do some people have to shoot a player down as soon as he starts winning matches?

Regardless of where Raonic will be in two months (hopefully in top 20), it's interesting to see unexpected players kick ass. I don't know about anyone else but tennis is boring when it's too predictable, with the same small group of players winning everything.

duong
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
And those who say his baseline game is bad should have watched him in the third set against Fish.

yes, also see him against Ferrer.

By the way for those who didn't see the match he broke Fish twice in that final set

rubbERR
02-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Why do some people have to shoot a player down as soon as he starts winning matches?

Regardless of where Raonic will be in two months (hopefully in top 20), it's interesting to see unexpected players kick ass. I don't know about anyone else but tennis is boring when it's too predictable, with the same small group of players winning everything.

and...Why people have to start bandwagon everytime young player starts winning matches? :lol:

just look amount of posts Raonic threads are getting, thats stupid :lol:

Mistaflava
02-19-2011, 06:43 PM
milos is that you?

the only other explanation is your a lanky cannuck fucker yourself... in which case would explain your total lack of knowledge and taste in tennis.

son I would eat you alive any day of the week.

Here is my recommendation to all the other ass clowns like this guy. If you don't like the way he plays/wins, there are tournaments in Buenos Aires and Marseille this week and I'm sure you can slap your salamis watching some nice backhands there.

tennishero
raonic baseline game is pitiful, the only reason you see him hit winners is because he can bash the ball freely without having to worry about this service game.

duong
If that happens, what will be Potro's ranking?

Lee
oh no not another claytard!

Nathii was mocking at Verdasco's comment there.

Mistaflava
02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
And...Why people have to start bandwagon everytime young player starts winning matches? :lol:

He won matches late last year, went further than any other qualifier at the Australian Open in something like 10-15 years, won a tournament beating a TOP 10 player, then beat the same TOP 10 player against a few days later and is now in his second consecutive tournament final.

Again the level of idiocy continues to grow with you.

ossie
02-19-2011, 06:44 PM
raonic has too much game for an all-serve clownfish

156mphserve
02-19-2011, 06:45 PM

yes I must agree, his serve really was the key to him breaking Fish's serve 3 times:worship:

rubbERR
02-19-2011, 06:46 PM
son I would eat you alive any day of the week.

Here is my recommendation to all the other ass clowns like this guy. If you don't like the way he plays/wins, there are tournaments in Buenos Aires and Marseille this week and I'm sure you can slap your salamis watching some nice backhands there.

u going personal because guy doesnt like raonic? who is clown here? man in the mirror(with acne and balloon head) -.-

Mistaflava
02-19-2011, 06:46 PM

because for these guys who have clay stuck up their asses, nice ground strokes and beautiful backhands are more important than winning tournaments. These are the pathetic sports fans of the world. It's a joke.

It's about winning matches, nothing else. There is no code on how to win.

Roger the Dodger
02-19-2011, 06:48 PM

And if Potro loses...?:D

ViolaLu09
02-19-2011, 06:48 PM
and...Why people have to start bandwagon everytime young player starts winning matches? :lol:

just look amount of posts Raonic threads are getting, thats stupid :lol:

Okay, why don't we start praising players who are consistently losing then? That makes more sense right??

Mistaflava
02-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Okay, why don't we start praising players who are consistently losing then? That makes more sense right??

:worship:

Yes I agree. As long as the flick of their wrist is performed with vigorous and smooth motion.

rubbERR
02-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Dont people do that already? (Dimitrov)

Its good idea but already well used

mark73
02-19-2011, 06:54 PM
yes I must agree, his serve really was the key to him breaking Fish's serve 3 times:worship:

I was goung to say something similar. :D

156mphserve
02-19-2011, 06:54 PM

you have finally learned the way of MTF:worship::lol:

tennisfan856
02-19-2011, 06:56 PM
there is more drama here than the wta forum, congrats.

Mateya
02-19-2011, 06:56 PM
Miloš, you mental giant you! :rocker2:

Two titles in a row???

duong
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
And if Potro loses...?:D

if he loses tonigt around 160, if he loses tomorrow around 120

Mistaflava
02-19-2011, 06:57 PM
there is more drama here than the wta forum, congrats.

that's because with every bandwagon comes a new wave of mental midgets

Voo de Mar
02-19-2011, 06:58 PM
Raonic needs only 13 aces tomorrow to establish a new record for the most aces served in the 32-draw tournament (with 'the best of three' final) :cool:

Roger the Dodger
02-19-2011, 06:59 PM
if he loses tonigt around 160, if he loses tomorrow around 120

Roddick better not mess it up. Want to see all-serve-mugs on CC tomorrow.

GlennMirnyi
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
What a volley to finish the match.

Milos you monster.

osmonde
02-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Whatever happened tomorrow, ranking 37 is a hell of a climb for a guy playing only his 8th ATP tourney. Some veterans never even reached a final in their whole career.

I didn't think he would prevail today, and surely he will lose early in some coming tourneys, but it is a work in progress, quite fascinating to follow.

His mental fortitude is undeniable.

cellophane
02-19-2011, 07:05 PM
yes, also see him against Ferrer.

:lol:

Ferrer exposed his baseline game.

Voo de Mar
02-19-2011, 07:08 PM
What a volley to finish the match.

Yes, seems he's gained a lot of confidence in his game in the last two weeks, amazing improvement in the fortnight. He showed good skills in Melbourne but now it's an another level (technically & tactically).

Whatever happened tomorrow, ranking 37 is a hell of a climb for a guy playing only his 8th ATP tourney.

9th :p

tennisfan856
02-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Roddick better not mess it up. Want to see all-serve-mugs on CC tomorrow.

if roddick loses to milos, he may have a stroke with an umpire.

Lee
02-19-2011, 07:09 PM

And anyone who lost to Nadal in a 5 setter has no stamina :shrug:

Kat_YYZ
02-19-2011, 07:11 PM
How about this kid's mental strength?

He beats Verdasco in a final. Great. He backs it up a few days later by beating him again. Amazing. He beats a wily veteran like Stepanek, who can look absolutely useless for a few games, then catch you sleeping and turn thing around on you.

Then Kendrick. Should have been easy, right? After all those higher-quality opponents... But we often see inexperienced and lower-ranked players having a let-down after a big win. Eliminate the top dog in one match... and then lose to an easier opponent in the next. Well, Raonic lost his way a bit against Kendrick, but in the end, found a way to win.

Milos's head is as good a weapon as his serve :yeah:

GlennMirnyi
:lol: at the haters. If you don't like big servers, go watch WTA matches and leave tennis for the adults.

wUaMzsNKR7Q

duong

not as much as I would have thought : Ferrer exposes the baseline game of nearly all the players of the ATP Tour, ask Gasquet ;)

And most importantly he could win some points at the net against Ferrer, which is not given at all on a not so far surface.

I could see Ferrer puffing and really having to do his best until at least the 2nd set

duong
02-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Yes, seems he's gained a lot of confidence in his game in the last two weeks, amazing improvement in the fortnight. He showed good skills in Melbourne but now it's an another level (technically & tactically).

Apart from the serve, I found him the same if not better in Melbourne :shrug:

but the bounce was higher and less quick which was easier for his baseline game

Allez
02-19-2011, 07:18 PM
A man on a serious mission to save tennis looks a lot like this Milos Raonic. He's taking out the garbage :worship: :worship: :worship:

Roger the Dodger
02-19-2011, 07:27 PM
if roddick loses to milos, he may have a stroke with an umpire.

I'm hoping he does if he makes it past Potro. :lol:

Roger the Dodger
02-19-2011, 07:32 PM

He moves stiff but his anticipation's great. He serves well with variety and surprise. He has Nadal's head and booms it in like Roddick in his younger years. Champion at SW 19? Dark horse for sure!

Certinfy
02-19-2011, 07:33 PM
:lol: at the haters. If you don't like big servers, go watch WTA matches and leave tennis for the adults.
Best post in this whole thread :worship: :yeah:

Nathaliia
02-19-2011, 07:39 PM
How about this kid's mental strength?

He beats Verdasco in a final. Great. He backs it up a few days later by beating him again. Amazing. He beats a wily veteran like Stepanek, who can look absolutely useless for a few games, then catch you sleeping and turn thing around on you.

Then Kendrick. Should have been easy, right? After all those higher-quality opponents... But we often see inexperienced and lower-ranked players having a let-down after a big win. Eliminate the top dog in one match... and then lose to an easier opponent in the next. Well, Raonic lost his way a bit against Kendrick, but in the end, found a way to win.

Yes, even this tactical tank of the set against Kendrick where he did look a bit tired made sense. In the final set from the first balls it was clear there could be just one winner. He pretty much outrallied those dudes of Kendrick or Fish style, it wasn't just about the serve. His mental side is amazing. Surely he can lose in the final (probably vs. Pony) but has achieved a lot here already. Everything else is a bonus though probably if he loses, the haters will show up and say, "See? Your Milos isn't that good at all! He lost!"

MTF :zzz:

cellophane
02-19-2011, 07:41 PM
:lol: at the haters. If you don't like big servers, go watch WTA matches and leave tennis for the adults.]

Awww, I guess you are too manly for WTA matches.

GlennMirnyi
02-19-2011, 07:44 PM

No, I just don't have patience for crap.

jeremda01
02-19-2011, 07:45 PM
so raonic goes to no. 30/31 for making the final? is that right?

ssin
02-19-2011, 07:51 PM
His serves are also placed so well, another thing that reminds me of Sampras.
Any of the top 5 guys (they happen to be top returners as well) would surely spank Milos at this moment but there is no reason whatsoever to think that Milos won't improve. Currently and in foreseeable future top 30 is optimal IMO. it will be fun watching him grow and develop, but then anything is possible in tennis, he might be just another shooting star. (hopefully not, I really like him and wish him all the best)

fast_clay
02-19-2011, 07:55 PM

there is only so long you can pretend shit tastes like sugar...

its about 5 points

on average

Sham Kay
02-19-2011, 08:07 PM

Judging by the astounding tennis knowledge of these two, it might not be a far-cry to call Raonic a potential all-court future GOAT right now.

TennisOnWood
02-19-2011, 08:10 PM
Raonic needs only 13 aces tomorrow to establish a new record for the most aces served in the 32-draw tournament (with 'the best of three' final) :cool:

Who holds the record at the moment? Milos will not miss it

abraxas21
02-19-2011, 08:16 PM
so raonic goes to no. 30/31 for making the final? is that right?

ATP website says "around 37"

156mphserve
02-19-2011, 08:18 PM
37 is right, it'll be 29-31 range if he wins tomorrow I think

tennishero
02-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Judging by the astounding tennis knowledge of these two, it might not be a far-cry to call Raonic a potential all-court future GOAT right now.

you have some nice baseline players in your signature, and then you have milos. i think your confused.

Voo de Mar
02-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Who holds the record at the moment? Milos will not miss it

Philippoussis and Verkerk share it with 109 aces.

156mphserve
02-19-2011, 08:27 PM
you have some nice baseline players in your signature, and then you have milos. i think your confused.

since when are you only allowed to like players of 1 playing style:scratch:

Pirata.
02-19-2011, 08:27 PM

Ferrer would expose anybody's baseline game. He's the biggest test there is for a young player and Milos did well to take a set.

guichard
02-19-2011, 08:31 PM
37 is right, it'll be 29-31 range if he wins tomorrow I think

He will be #30 if he win the title.

Sham Kay
02-19-2011, 08:35 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I like quite a few different types of players. I must be weird like that. Don't worry though, your support for Jesse Witten and Taylor Dent won't have gone unnoticed.

timafi
02-19-2011, 08:46 PM
He moves stiff but his anticipation's great. He serves well with variety and surprise. He has Nadal's head and booms it in like Roddick in his younger years. Champion at SW 19? Dark horse for sure!

come on now.You've never seen the kid on a grass court so how did you come up with him being a dark horse at Wimbledon out of a sudden based on good results on hc? :shrug:

I say move him to his forehand side and keep the ball extra low on something else but a hard court and we'll talk about him being a dark horse at Wimbledon:shrug:

He might be another DelPotro on a grass court and ya know it's not a pretty sight:help::tape:

hablovah19
02-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Well done, Raonic! :banana:

Fretchap
02-19-2011, 09:09 PM
:lol: @ the haters

Well done Milos! Keep playing great tennis! :yeah:

KoOlMaNsEaN
02-19-2011, 10:18 PM
My heart was pumping big in the match. It just continued the trend this week with Milos! I wouldn't mind if it continued in the final!

GET THE TITLE MILOS!

Thrasher
02-19-2011, 11:08 PM
because for these guys who have clay stuck up their asses, nice ground strokes and beautiful backhands are more important than winning tournaments. These are the pathetic sports fans of the world. It's a joke.

It's about winning matches, nothing else. There is no code on how to win.

This

cocrcici
02-19-2011, 11:41 PM
“His serve is probably more like [Ivo] Karlovic than [John] Isner,” assessed Fish. “He’s got all the serves than anyone else that I’ve ever seen does. I wasn’t familiar with his game at all; I hadn’t seen him play live. From the waist down he has the strongest legs of anyone I’ve seen. You can tell he still has some growing to do in his upper body and it’s a scary thought to think he’s got ways to improve.”

Satasonic
02-19-2011, 11:44 PM
The quote by Fish only justifies how much of a clown Tabasco is. A body of a 12 year old, what a joke. He is 196cm, almost 10cm taller than Fiasco :rolleyes:

wtatourfan
02-19-2011, 11:51 PM
great match to watch! Keep going Raonic!

Mungo
02-20-2011, 01:05 AM
Another fish for Milos!

exposbabe
02-20-2011, 01:45 AM
He does pretty much have the upper body of a 12-year-old, as Verdasco clearly spent a lot of time in the locker room checking it out.

What Verdasco failed to extrapolate on is that if he can serve like that with no upper body, just wait until He gets one.

Two years ago, he hardly had legs. One body part at a time.

I've got some video here of his serve when he was 12 years old. Same motion. Amazing.

Baby Raonic already had the serve (http://communities.canada.com/montrealgazette/blogs/opencourt/archive/2011/02/19/the-milos-raonic-story-part-1.aspx)

fran70
02-20-2011, 02:28 AM
Another fantastic victory for Milos :worship:. I was unable to watch the match but after last week and this week tournaments I reckon that his body language might not be the best one. I hope he can beat Roddick tomorrow and he should take a rest then :worship:

GlennMirnyi
02-20-2011, 02:38 AM
I think Fish really behaved well. In the end it seems he gave a pretty warm handshake to Milos.

Lee
02-20-2011, 02:41 AM
Another fantastic victory for Milos :worship:. I was unable to watch the match but after last week and this week tournaments I reckon that his body language might not be the best one. I hope he can beat Roddick tomorrow and he should take a rest then :worship:

Not much rest for Milos as he will play DC in Mexico.

nellis_lv
02-20-2011, 04:11 AM
Wow, that's insane.

I think he should head back to Canada, enjoy some of his newfound popularity, and take a breather for a minute.

Mungo
02-20-2011, 05:47 PM

After playing in Acapulco next week, right?

navy75
02-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Fish had a lot of really nice things to say about Milos after the match. Fish isn't the type to just hand out empty words either. It definitely stands in stark contrast to Fiasco, who actually had the nerve to completely bash a kid who just handed him back to back losses.

Greystoke
02-20-2011, 06:02 PM
After playing in Acapulco next week, right?

he should pull out of that, cause I doubt he can pull off 8 weeks of non stop tennis (san jose + memphis + acapulco + DC + indian wells + miami).

Yazoo.C
02-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Raonic is on a role!

Roger the Dodger
02-20-2011, 06:49 PM
come on now.You've never seen the kid on a grass court so how did you come up with him being a dark horse at Wimbledon out of a sudden based on good results on hc? :shrug:

I say move him to his forehand side and keep the ball extra low on something else but a hard court and we'll talk about him being a dark horse at Wimbledon:shrug:

He might be another DelPotro on a grass court and ya know it's not a pretty sight:help::tape:

What you are forgetting is that Raonic likes to control the points. He doesn't push. Besides, on grass, he's likely to have Plans B and C to counter the low bounce. First, there's his bazooka serve. Then, he will of course, serve and volley frequently. He will go for the winners instead of extending a baseline duel. He takes his chances with the shots. Chances are, he'll mature fast before Wimbledon arrives having played top players on tour by then.

Raonic is certainly not Delpotro on grass.