02-18-2011, 05:16 PM
nobody starts the thread :lol:

Bad first two sets but very good third set imo

Cristy RVD
02-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Another game for Milos!...

Roamed
02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
From the live scores it seemed like he was getting tired towards the end with all those second serves, clutch to hold at *4-2 after saving a few BPs.

Certinfy
02-18-2011, 05:19 PM
Nice :yeah:

valexie03
:worship::worship::worship: What more is there to say?

duong
From the live scores it seemed like he was getting tired towards the end with all those second serves, clutch to hold at *4-2 after saving a few BPs.

Kendrick played very well this game, and two of those second serves came after two first serves which were aces but were called "let"

dam0dred
02-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Raonic must be exhausted. It's been a long couple weeks.

KoOlMaNsEaN
A sloppy match overall from both players.
Kendrick started to read Milos' serve in the 2nd set plus Milos show some of his temper throughout the match and especially near the end of the match with a dodgy line call. A tough win but moves on to face Sam or Mardy.

philosophicalarf
Only just crawled over the line here, looked pretty tired. Kendrick helped him out by completely donating away a break in sets 1 and 3.

canuckfan
02-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Except for these two service games, Kendrick played better.

I hope Galo gives Milos a talk. Horrible attitude in the second and third set. And bad sportsmanship in the end, not shaking the umpire's hand.

bleu_cheese
I thought the ball on the first match point was out as well, so good on Raonic for composing himself and serving it out with an ace. Is this going to be a Del Potro type run?

tennisfan856
organizers show no mercy towards milos but he swats the adversity away. way to go milos

Armless
02-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Clutch as always, didn't liked that he didn't shook hands with the umpire cause of a few close calls. In the top 50 now, amazing. Kendrick worked his ass off, had chances in the 7th game of the 3rd, but couldn't return well. Still, good week for him.

Voo de Mar
02-18-2011, 05:22 PM
Raonic was as emotional and impatient as never before in the last two weeks, I think he felt additional pressure because for the first time this year in America, he was a clear favorite. Moreover there's a great opportunity for him to reach another final, Fish or Querrey are better match ups for him than Roddick or Del Potro.

Kendrick played a good match, I think I've never seen him playing so well, it was an amazing chance for him, I guess he gave everything he has today.

romismak
02-18-2011, 05:23 PM
Not good match for Milos- but still win- i hope in SF he will be rested and will proove to Fish or Querrey that his serve is better- because i expect TB there and only few BP chances- it will be clash of big servers SF. And it is really ubelievable that ATP 500 tournament doesn´t have Hawk-eye.... that ball at matchpoint when Kendrick hit that line, or yeasterday in 3rd set TB when Roddick hit the line and the ycall out, and Roddick almost went crazy this is huge shame for this Memphis organizers.. Hawk eye should be!

Swim4life227
He's up to #45 with this win. If he makes the final, he goes up to about #37. If he wins, he's at about #29 but it's not for sure since there are other people around that rank still in tournaments.

It's crazy how he had to go through qualies at the AO and now is likely to be a seed for the FO and Wimbledon.

duong
I was afraid in second set as he looked very irritative and making errors,

but I was surprised how he regrouped so well to play by far his best set in 3rd set imo.

He was very near from double-breaking and leading 4-0 at 15-40 but Kendrick played very well the end of this third set ... when he could return Raonic's serve that is.

Kendrick had 3 or 4 BPs to counterbreak in that crucial 4*-2 game where Raonic had nearly won the game with 4 aces ... except that it was two "let" and the game very nearly turned for Kendrick.

As for the first set it has to be noted that Raonic came back 3 times from 0-30 to win next 4 points

Ashlar77
02-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Awesome job from Milos to pull out the win after the short turn around from last night's contest. :yeah: He's starting to look a little weary, but still soldiering on. Semis of a 500 tourney, awesome run continues! :bowdown:

FormerRafaFan
02-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Except for these two service games, Kendrick played better.

I hope Galo give Milos a talk. Horrible attitude in the second and third set. And bad sportsmanship in the end, not shaking the umpire's hand.

OMG.. I didn't see the match, but did he really do that? ugh.. that is not cool. I'm just going with the fact that he was frustrated and tired after playing tennis bascilly non stop for so many weeks. I don't like what he did, but I can see where it's coming from. I do hope Galo takes a talk with him though.

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Raonic cruises on, 2nd title here hopefully.
By far the best player in this draw....

Johnny Groove
02-18-2011, 05:25 PM
Chuck Norris wishes he was Milos Raonic.

canuckfan
02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
OMG.. I didn't see the match, but did he really do that? ugh.. that is not cool. I'm just going with the fact that he was frustrated and tired after playing tennis bascilly non stop for so many weeks. I don't like what he did, but I can see where it's coming from. I dop hope Galo takes a talk with him though.

The umpire overruled an out call on the first match point. So Milos was pissed. Understandable but still he should have sucked it up.

He looks quite tired physically and emotionally.

duong
02-18-2011, 05:30 PM
it is really ubelievable that ATP 500 tournament doesn´t have Hawk-eye!

yes it looks very strange : so many ATP250 have a hawk-eye now :confused:

but it was not good from Milos not to shake the umpire's hand.

But well he shows that he badly wants to win :lol:

FormerRafaFan
The umpire overruled an out call on the first match point. So Milos was pissed. Understandable but still he should have sucked it up.

He looks quite tired physically and emotionally.

Yeah, that is what I meant.. I don't get why someone (not you of course) gave me a bad rep for that comment, but whatever.

navy75
Wow, Milos has quite an awful temper and disposition at times. Even if he is grossly immature, he still should have shaken the umpire's hand at the end (that was really classless).

That said, Raonic did a great job at overcoming countless 0-30 deficits with big serves. It almost seemed like he waited until down 0-30 to even focus :lol:

Miss Molly
02-18-2011, 05:34 PM
It's amazing that he's winning while not playing great. Over time he's got to start playing shorter matches and fewer breakers but it's so great to see him coming through these matches while not at his best. I do hope he takes a bit of a break after this tourney.

Shirogane
02-18-2011, 05:35 PM
loved that overhead slice he did on Kendrick's lob, almost Federer-like.

Lee
02-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Milos finally showed some emotion on court today. He is tired, was the favourite and was struggling in many service games so that's reasonable. I won't say he has an awful temper. That first match point overrule was terrible from the umpire but Milos only argued for about 15 seconds. then pulled himself together and served an ace to finish the match. A truly awful temper player will keep arguing for another minute of two, rant and rage.

Not shaking the umpire's hand is not really polite but at least he didn't show the umpire his finger like Dimitrov :lol:

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Wow, Milos has quite an awful temper and disposition at times. Even if he is grossly immature, he still should have shaken the umpire's hand at the end (that was really classless).

That said, Raonic did a great job at overcoming countless 0-30 deficits with big serves. It almost seemed like he waited until down 0-30 to even focus :lol:
Raonic is not a grossly immature, and HE DOES NOT HAVE AN AWFUL TEMPER! You don't know him, you probably have hardly seen him play, so you are WRONG!

GlennMirnyi
02-18-2011, 05:47 PM
I came here just to post this:

wUaMzsNKR7Q

Horatio Caine
02-18-2011, 05:47 PM
This was my first real view of Raonic...and I think that a top 50 ranking is too much for him at the moment. Mathematically, there is no question that he deserves that status, but I don't he is ready for it just yet.

Obviously he has a decent serve, and he can play good 'first strike' tennis, but the rest of his game is quite sloppy and will need to be fine-tuned pretty quickly considering his meteoric rise over the last 6 weeks.

It is perhaps a little unfortunate that Raonic will be committed to the European clay court season, but it will be a good learning experience for him, if he approaches it in the right fashion.

As far as the match today goes...Kendrick blew a decent opportunity to get the win, and in straight sets. He had enough half-opportunities to get a decisive lead in the 1st set, and threw in a terrible service game to get broken. The 2nd set was more what you'd expect, and then he suddenly capitulated at the beginning of the 3rd set. It probably sums him up as he has been a (decent) journeyman all his career, but that was definitely a missed opportunity for a rare ATP SF.

Voo de Mar
02-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Milos finally showed some emotion on court today. He is tired, was the favourite and was struggling in many service games so that's reasonable. I won't say he has an awful temper. That first match point overrule was terrible from the umpire but Milos only argued for about 15 seconds.

Memhpis is a disgraceful '500' tournament, ugly venue, no hawk-eye, San Jose is more pleasant to watch :o

tennishero
02-18-2011, 05:49 PM
the kid is 19 and throws a tantrum on match point, so much for "humble".

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 05:49 PM
way to go, miloshhhhh!!

haters, piss off

tennishero
02-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Memhpis is a disgraceful '500' tournament, ugly venue, no hawk-eye, San Jose is more pleasant to watch :o

yeh Marseille deserve the 500 more than Memphis.

Memphis looks like a challenger.

Roger the Dodger
02-18-2011, 05:50 PM
Another game for Milos!...

Could some stop using the overdone cliche now?:rolleyes:

Good work, Milos. More haters to come.

(Hate count = Greatness quotient) :yeah:

FormerRafaFan
02-18-2011, 05:51 PM
This was my first real view of Raonic...and I think that a top 50 ranking is too much for him at the moment. Mathematically, there is no question that he deserves that status, but I don't he is ready for it just yet.

Obviously he has a decent serve, and he can play good 'first strike' tennis, but the rest of his game is quite sloppy and will need to be fine-tuned pretty quickly considering his meteoric rise over the last 6 weeks.

It is perhaps a little unfortunate that Raonic will be committed to the European clay court season, but it will be a good learning experience for him, if he approaches it in the right fashion.

As far as the match today goes...Kendrick blew a decent opportunity to get the win, and in straight sets. He had enough half-opportunities to get a decisive lead in the 1st set, and threw in a terrible service game to get broken. The 2nd set was more what you'd expect, and then he suddenly capitulated at the beginning of the 3rd set. It probably sums him up as he has been a (decent) journeyman all his career, but that was definitely a missed opportunity for a rare ATP SF.

What you got to see of him today was him being exhausted after playing tennis basically non stop for the last 6 weeks. I just hope you take that under consideration if this assessment is only based on today's match.

BTW.. I didn't see the match, but I heard it was one of the worst matches he has played these last few weeks, just FYI.

Horatio Caine
02-18-2011, 05:54 PM
I hope Galo gives Milos a talk. Horrible attitude in the second and third set. And bad sportsmanship in the end, not shaking the umpire's hand.

He is young so you'd expect him to become more composed in the months and years ahead. However, he does need to lose that petulant, diva-like attitude. Much of the time it simply wasn't necessary...like when he was a set up/break in the 3rd set and he'd get upset because a close call went against him, or his shoes didn't carry him an extra cm.

A waste of energy to do that, and he won't be doing himself any favours in the lockerroom either.

canuckfan
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Raonic is not a grossly immature, and HE DOES NOT HAVE AN AWFUL TEMPER! You don't know him, you probably have hardly seen him play, so you are WRONG!

He does have the reputation of having a bad temper.

We just haven't really seen it this year because:

1. He's been working on it
2. He's been winning for the most part.

scoobs
02-18-2011, 05:56 PM
He is young so you'd expect him to become more composed in the months and years ahead. However, he does need to lose that petulant, diva-like attitude. Much of the time it simply wasn't necessary...like when he was a set up/break in the 3rd set and he'd get upset because a close call went against him, or his shoes didn't carry him an extra cm.

A waste of energy to do that, and he won't be doing himself any favours in the lockerroom either.
Except...that's really the first time that's shown up and this is the...6th match of his I've seen now. The other 5 he played like Sampras on an stoic day.

scoobs
02-18-2011, 05:58 PM
I am ASTONISHED to see that there are 250s like San Jose putting in Hawkeye and we have 500s that don't bother.

Horatio Caine
02-18-2011, 05:58 PM
What you got to see of him today was him being exhausted after playing tennis basically non stop for the last 6 weeks. I just hope you take that under consideration if this assessment is only based on today's match.

BTW.. I didn't see the match, but I heard it was one of the worst matches he has played these last few weeks, just FYI.

True, he was probably a little tired. But the weaknesses are there to see, although obviously his 1st serve gives him much protection.

It is easy to overhype a player, especially when one goes on an extraordinary run like this. And imo he is clearly overhyped.

jrm
02-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Watching this match ... how come Kendrick hasn't done more in his career :shrug:

jrm
02-18-2011, 05:59 PM
Tip for Raonic: longer shorts :tape:

Lee
02-18-2011, 06:00 PM
I am ASTONISHED to see that there are 250s like San Jose putting in Hawkeye and we have 500s that don't bother.

Guess people in Memphis are not as enthusiastic with technology as in San Jose. :lol:

Horatio Caine
02-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Raonic cruises on, 2nd title here hopefully.
By far the best player in this draw....

I could see him possibly beating Fish or Querrey, but I'll be surprised if he beats Roddick or Del Potro in the final. Those two are simply likely to play the bigger points better. And that is understandable, certainly at this stage.

Voo de Mar
02-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Watching this match ... how come Kendrick hasn't done more in his career :shrug:

Because he doesn't usually play as good as today.

Agrajag
02-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Only watched the first and the last sets, and cannot believe how he won this. Kendrick slaughtered his second serve, but couldn't win the big points. Those two games Kendrick got broken really shows why he never got the carreer he could have had. At this level you are not allowed to miss 2-3 easy volleys and putaways. Especially when youre oppenent is a bad mover.

Raonic too good on big points. It will be exciting to see if he can keep it up.

Lee
02-18-2011, 06:11 PM

Because he doesn't usually play as good as today.

I have watched about 10 matches of Kendrick over the last 8-9 years and this is the best I saw :p

finishingmove
02-18-2011, 06:17 PM
yep, Kendrick peaks for these mug american events, but Raonic won on mental strenght I guess.

Voo de Mar
02-18-2011, 06:21 PM
I have watched about 10 matches of Kendrick over the last 8-9 years and this is the best I saw :p

Me too, obviously Kendrick has in his CV almost beating Nadal on Centre Court at Wimbledon but it was in times when Nadal hadn't any success on grass and Kendrick had great serve that day, didn't show anything special then. BTW it seems as a crucial match for Nadal on grass in the context of the following years.

Certinfy
02-18-2011, 06:26 PM
Didn't Kendrick play quite a good match against Murray at Wimbledon a few years ago as well?

Smoke944
02-18-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't think Kendrick played especially well today :shrug:
I mean he played well, but he plays at this level quite often.
So why is he not ranked higher? Because he always loses matches that he should win when playing like this, donates breaks in crucial moments, is terrible on important BPs, etc.
Ability has never been his problem.

Roger the Dodger
02-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Kendrik's most memorable performance still dates back to his encounter against Nadal Wimbly '06

His saga reads similar to PHM's: 'Can do but didn't do.'

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Because he's a terrible player?
This was a one off good performance....every now and then players like him have them, but at the end of the day they are mostly terrible players and always will be...
I could see him possibly beating Fish or Querrey, but I'll be surprised if he beats Roddick or Del Potro in the final. Those two are simply likely to play the bigger points better. And that is understandable, certainly at this stage.
Roddick? How? Roddick isn't anything special. Raonic's serve is bigger and his strokes are bigger, he should beat Roddick if they meet.
Del Potro???? HAHA, Del Potro isn't back to his best, you know...he isn't anything special atm either, so Milos should beat him too.

Fact is, if Milos plays well, he should win his 2nd title here....

Roger the Dodger
02-18-2011, 06:39 PM

...and hopefully gets a messageboard here. :D

Dimitrov 'the Federer part deux' has one without titles.:rolleyes:

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 06:42 PM
...and hopefully gets a messageboard here. :D

Dimitrov 'the Federer part deux' has one without titles.:rolleyes:

milos will soon get one

i'm surprised he doesnt have one already

HattonWBA
02-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Another good win for Raonic, hopefully these 3 setters dont affect him.

matlock
02-18-2011, 06:44 PM

It is best to shake the umpire's hand, but I don't think we should judge him at all. I've seen many of the top players including Federer not shake the umpire's hand, even without a match point controversy. Most of the time when it happens it's when the player loses the match, which is probably worse than not doing it when you win. I think this shows that Raonic cares and truly believes he belongs at this level. If this was Roddick or Gonzo we'd hardly be mentioning it.

chenx15
02-18-2011, 06:45 PM
This is one of Sampras advice to Milos when they met. The ability to win matches even when he is not playing his best

FormerRafaFan
02-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Only watched the first and the last sets, and cannot believe how he won this. Kendrick slaughtered his second serve, but couldn't win the big points. Those two games Kendrick got broken really shows why he never got the carreer he could have had. At this level you are not allowed to miss 2-3 easy volleys and putaways. Especially when youre oppenent is a bad mover.

Raonic too good on big points. It will be exciting to see if he can keep it up.

Again, I didn't see the match, but I heard Kendrick should have won, many people obviously thought he played better. However, Raonic obviously was better on the big points, and that is basically what it comes down to in tennis. I'm also not surprised to hear Raonic dropped his level a bit in this match, considering he's been playing tenns non-stop for weeks. No wonder he's exhausted! I won't blame him if he loses next round. I don't see him winning this final anyway, Del Potro or Roddick would probably have destroyed him if he wasn't tired, can you imagine how he'll do against these guys when he's as tired as he is now? I'm just happy to see him reach the semifinal here after winning a title just last week! That is very strong, and this is a 500 tournament after all!

tektonac
02-18-2011, 06:53 PM

no sht, San Jose is in the epicenter of silicon (cash) valley.

Nidhogg
02-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Raonic is on one hell of a tear. With todays early start I really thought Kendrick would top him. Impressive.

Chiakifug
02-18-2011, 07:06 PM
Wasnt sure but the kids obviously the real deal.

Allez
02-18-2011, 07:36 PM
Didn't see the match but I'm sure Kendrick did all that could reasonably be expected of him :yeah: I'm surprised Raonic is still going. It shows physically he is miles ahead of where players like Murray and Gasquet were at the same age. He's been playing and travelling non stop since the start of the season :eek:

Lee
02-18-2011, 07:58 PM
This is the 2nd match in Memphis that Milos won with same numbers of points for both players.

duong
02-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Again, I didn't see the match, but I heard Kendrick should have won, many people obviously thought he played better.

you know, some people come and say everywhere that he's only serve : it's the same, they can't appreciate his game, that's all :rolleyes:

it was tight as many of these matches in Memphis which are based on a few points here and there, but I would never say that Kendrick deserved the win more.

Kendrick was good definitely, but Raonic nearly had a 4-0 win in 3rd set and Kendrick avoided it at the limit.

And Kendrick hardly had any break point apart from the 4*-2 game

About Kendrick some mentioned about his match against Nadal in Wimbledon, but I think he also played a tight match against Murray later in Wimbledon, he clearly likes grass.

As of today, he played very well in the 2nd part of the 3rd set, I won't say more, but he made a very good tournament, beating Anderson and Blake.

As for Raonic's temper, someone said "he knew that he belongs there now" : well yes I think he was a little bit arrogant today, he had so many wins recently that he quite thought the win would come straightforward, and then he made these errors in second set (yes people say that KEndrick lost his serve on errors, I'm not so sure about the third set, but anyway Raonic also lost his serve with errors :lol: ).

As for people who see Raonic one day and draw conclusions, still so far what I've seen best from him was in the Australian open, I saw his matches against Llodra and Ferrer, not against Youzhny, but against Ferrer I really liked what I saw, Ferrer really had to fight ... then I think reaching R16 in a slam after defeating Youzhny and Llodra and taking one set and giving very hard times to a great returner and future semifinalist like Ferrer is not a bad start for a top-50 player.

Yes maybe it's a pity for him that he will have to take part in the MAsters Series on clay, but well it's only Roma and Madrid, Monte-Carlo is not compulsory.

duong
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
This is the 2nd match in Memphis that Milos won with same numbers of points for both players.

I haven't looked about this one but in the previosu one against Verdasco they were 50-50 overall, but Raonic had won 31% points on Verdasco's serve and Verdasco 26% on Raonic's serve : that's what I look and not the overall percentage, because if you're taken to deuce many times and still win your game, the overall percentage is inflated because you play more points on your serve.

ssin
02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
had to leave at 3:0, 3rd set and I didn't see the end, but oh well. Another day, another win. ;)

It's incredible how this kid makes the opponent utterly frustrated. It's like in a cartoon. You see a clumsy toddler on the other side, and next thing you know you're biting the dust. :worship: Milos, the soul-eater :D Milos, nephew of Chuck Norris :D

Seriously, there is so much space for improvement, it's almost scary. Milos is a nice refreshing addition to the tour, watching him has been so much fun so far. Hope he keeps the ball rolling, and escapes drowning in the sea of expectations. Work hard, don't lose your cool, and above all keep it fun, kid.;)

Mr. Butterfly
02-18-2011, 08:42 PM
Raonic didn't shake the umpire's hand at end of match since he overruled a ball that was called good on match point

Mr. Butterfly
02-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Kendrick had 2 brainless games (dumping volleys into net) which ultimately cost the courageous American hero

Lee
02-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Raonic didn't shake the umpire's hand at end of match since he overruled a ball that was called good on match point

The linesman called Kendrick's passing shot out but the umpire overuled it.

navy75
02-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Because he's a terrible player?
This was a one off good performance....every now and then players like him have them, but at the end of the day they are mostly terrible players and always will be...

Roddick? How? Roddick isn't anything special. Raonic's serve is bigger and his strokes are bigger, he should beat Roddick if they meet.
Del Potro???? HAHA, Del Potro isn't back to his best, you know...he isn't anything special atm either, so Milos should beat him too.

How old are you? We get it, you really like Raonic and will fight to the death against anyone that says anything even remotely negative about him.

I think that everyone would agree that he is insanely talented and has the potential to go far. However, typing like a 13 year old and making personal attacks in all capital letters against anyone who isn't ready to bow at Milos' feet is really immature and unreasonable...

nole_no1
02-18-2011, 09:18 PM
I can't stand his game anymore
Please Fish trash him out

fran70
02-18-2011, 09:40 PM

This :yeah:

Even though he was not in a good day he managed to win. He is rising really fast. I don`t want to go too fast but true champions manage to win even on a not good day. For a player of his unexperience he is learning too fast. I`m really impressed. I`m not sure how far he will go in this tournament as he looked quite tired today but at this stage I guess it doesn`t matter.

The Matador
02-18-2011, 09:48 PM
I can't stand his game anymore
Please Fish trash him out
well said

Roddickominator
02-18-2011, 09:49 PM
Raonic looks ready for a little break. He's ripe for the picking next match.

Good to see that World Life has moved on to a new obsession. Putting all your eggs in the Murray basket these last few years has to have been very upsetting.

Sham Kay
02-18-2011, 09:50 PM
so much for "humble".
This is the sort of thing people say about Fed sometimes. Milos really is on the right track.

osmonde
02-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Raonic played on 4 continents in 6 weeks of non-stop tennis, early matches in Memphis, so it's bound to affect him some day.
He wasn't accurate as other times but he may feel the pressure more, as it's his first real run in ATP tourneys outside Challengers.
Quite an accomplishment up to now.
From 365 ranking at same date last year, to 45 next monday is better than many players have done their all career.

Mungo
02-18-2011, 10:33 PM
I haven't looked about this one but in the previosu one against Verdasco they were 50-50 overall, but Raonic had won 31% points on Verdasco's serve and Verdasco 26% on Raonic's serve : that's what I look and not the overall percentage, because if you're taken to deuce many times and still win your game, the overall percentage is inflated because you play more points on your serve.

It was the opposite case this time. Kendrick had a higher percentage of points won on Raonic's serve than vice versa. But Raonic played more points on serve than Kendrick so they won the same amount of points in the match.

duong
02-18-2011, 10:39 PM
It was the opposite case this time. Kendrick had a higher percentage of points won on Raonic's serve than vice versa. But Raonic played more points on serve than Kendrick so they won the same amount of points in the match.

yes thanks :yeah:

but it was mostly related to the bad second set by Raonic (13% points on Kendrick's serve to 40% for Kendrick on Raonic's serve)

first set was the most balanced but 33% to 29% for Raonic,

and third set was more at Raonic's advantage : 42% to 33%, he really played better in that set (Kendrick as well by the way after maybe a bad start)

guichard
02-19-2011, 12:46 AM
yes thanks :yeah:

but it was mostly related to the bad second set by Raonic (13% points on Kendrick's serve to 40% for Kendrick on Raonic's serve)

first set was the most balanced but 33% to 29% for Raonic,

and third set was more at Raonic's advantage : 42% to 33%, he really played better in that set (Kendrick as well by the way after maybe a bad start)
in the first set Raonic was down 0-30 in his last 3 service game

chammer44
02-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Milos finally showed some emotion on court today. He is tired, was the favourite and was struggling in many service games so that's reasonable. I won't say he has an awful temper. That first match point overrule was terrible from the umpire but Milos only argued for about 15 seconds. then pulled himself together and served an ace to finish the match. A truly awful temper player will keep arguing for another minute of two, rant and rage.

Not shaking the umpire's hand is not really polite but at least he didn't show the umpire his finger like Dimitrov :lol:

He was known for a temper early on. And he has painstakingly reigned it in to a degree. But it still lurks beneath the surface.

Fretchap
02-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Milos did seem tired, his ground strokes can be way more effective than they were today, I'm just glad he found a way to get through this match. Really glad he's gonna enter top 50 :yeah: Well deserved!

Scotso
02-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Epic.

osmonde
02-19-2011, 04:09 AM
His ex-coach for 3 years at Tennis Canada said they worked hard on his bad temper. Considering the bad calls he encountered during the game and no hawkeye, I think he stayed polite and composed for his 20yrs, better than some veterans will never be.
He showed more emotions after good shots toward the end, I like it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/osmonde/243823424.jpg