Nicolás Almagro Sánchez Rolle from Murcia gets to the top 10 for the first time ever [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nicolás Almagro Sánchez Rolle from Murcia gets to the top 10 for the first time ever

abraxas21
02-17-2011, 11:06 PM
I think he will. Right now he's ranked 13th and this week he's won two matches in Bs. As. where he defended just a first round loss. He probably won't get into the top 10 after this tournament, though, but I think he'll manage to do it eventually this year.

Henry Chinaski
02-17-2011, 11:10 PM
he'd defending a lot of points in IW and Miami so it'll be tough for him.

He should gain quite a few at MC and Rome though.

fast_clay
02-17-2011, 11:13 PM
i predict almagro will order some nachos at some point this year... that's all i am prepared to wager here

abraxas21
02-17-2011, 11:15 PM
he'd defending a lot of points in IW and Miami so it'll be tough for him.

He should gain quite a few at MC and Rome though.

that's what i thought as well. MC and Rome, where he only defends seconds rounds, are big chances for him.

looking at the tournaments he played last year, two things grabbed my attention:

1- too many

2- too much clay. he's not that much of a mug on hardcourts so he should dare to make the jump in order to become a better hardcourt player in the long run, imo... even nadal realized this a long time ago and i actually think mugro's agressive playing style is more suited for hardcourts.

haven't checked his schedule for the present year but given his decision to play in south america, i doubt the two points above are likely to change.

Sapeod
02-17-2011, 11:20 PM
He definitely will. He's one of the best players on clay, so he'll gain many points on there. He is getting better and better too. He'll do great on non-clay tournaments too. If he keeps his consistency against lower ranked players going then he'll definitely reach the top 10. He'll be around #7 by the end of the year, I think. He's better than Berdych, Melzer, Roddick & Youzhny, who are in his way....he will overtake them, I think. Can't see him overtaking Ferrer or the Big 5.

Mungo
02-17-2011, 11:33 PM
He could reach Verdasco status at best. It's there where his lack of brain for tennis would stop his progress, as it happens to Clownando.

emotion
02-18-2011, 12:04 AM
He's not half the choker he once was, so maybe

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 12:15 AM
He could reach Verdasco status at best. It's there where his lack of brain for tennis would stop his progress, as it happens to Clownando.
Almagro >>>>>>>>> Verdasco.

He's not anywhere near the headcase Verdasco is, and nowhere near being as much of a choker as him....

GlennMirnyi
02-18-2011, 12:26 AM
Let's hope not. Ultimate joke.

Arkulari
02-18-2011, 12:38 AM
Hopefully not

Topspindoctor
02-18-2011, 12:41 AM
He'll probably reach top 5, replacing Mugray by the end of the year.

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 12:47 AM
A player as good as Almagro reaching the top 10 would be far from a joke....
Hopefully not
Why?
Almagro is a great player....top 10 for sure.
He'll probably reach top 5, replacing Mugray by the end of the year.
Wrong. Top 5 = no. Top 10 = yes. Nobody will replace Murray in the top 5 for a long time.

out_here_grindin
02-18-2011, 12:48 AM
Hopefully he can

orangehat
02-18-2011, 01:14 AM
Hopefully not :rolls:

Probably would be the worst player to enter the top 10 since ... Mugray (just to annoy Terra Massive :spit:)

Well probably the worst player to enter top 10 since Simon if he does make it. :ras:

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 01:59 AM
one thing is certain for me, i prefer mugro much better over fiasco in the top 10

GlennMirnyi
02-18-2011, 02:19 AM
That's choosing between the bad and the worse.

Arkulari
02-18-2011, 03:03 AM
At least Boredo won a MS, Almagro hasn't even done that :o

Michael Bluth
02-18-2011, 03:04 AM
Almagro is a far more well-rounded player than the all-forehand Verdasco, so I could see him breaking in with a strong European clay season.

If he gets the right draw at Roland Garros a semifinal run wouldn't be out of the question.

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 03:10 AM
At least Boredo won a MS

that's actually a reason to hate boredo more.

GlennMirnyi
02-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Almugro is one of the worst movers on tour.

Love Game
02-18-2011, 04:27 AM
Prolly the best active player not to have been top 10 at some point. Needs to step it up at big events. Looking at lower end of the top 10 I think there will be room this year.

tribalfusion
02-18-2011, 06:27 AM
Very underrated player especially here on MTF (usually totally ignored elsewhere rather than underrated).

As was mentioned, not the best mover for certain but certainly has some strong strokes which work on all surfaces more than most.

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Almagro has already got three ATP 250 wins in his Ranking from Gstaad Bstaad and Costa de Sauipe.

That means if he wins this week he gains ZERO points

In the ATP 500 series he only has 90 to defend from Acapulco

So he would be better off for his Ranking by doing better NEXT week

good point

he should have skipped Bs.As. after winning in Brazil. That way he would have prepared himself better for Mexico. If there are no points to win here, what's the motivation? money? winning the tournament?

As things stand now, he'll get to Acapulco tired after playing 7-8 or more matches in South America for the past 2 weeks.

The Magician
02-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Dream ATP top 10:

1. Nadull
2. Mugdasco
3. Almugro
4. Lopez
5. Berdych
6-10: Other mugs who bend over for Nadull including Fakervic, Mugray, Mugfils, Clownga, etc

Only thing preventing it is the hardwork of the players who aren't total mugs and Federer doing all he can to keep the ATP somewhat in check. Almugro has a nice backhand but he is a captain at least of the Nadull fanclub and him getting to the top 10 would serve the purposes of the ATP nicely. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 07:51 AM
Dream ATP top 10:

1. Nadull
2. Mugdasco
3. Almugro
4. Lopez
5. Berdych
6-10: Other mugs who bend over for Nadull including Fakervic, Mugray, Mugfils, Clownga, etc

Only thing preventing it is the hardwork of the players who aren't total mugs and Federer doing all he can to keep the ATP somewhat in check. Almugro has a nice backhand but he is a captain at least of the Nadull fanclub and him getting to the top 10 would serve the purposes of the ATP nicely. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

i consider fiasco a bigger pocahontas fanboy. hey, mugro ALMOST beat nadal once ;)
and he was the player who troubled nadull the most in RG last year. he's still not likely to beat him of course but i much prefer him to play nadal over fiasco or boredo. besides, i kind of like mugro's game. keeps it agressive and has a pretty backhand. he doesn't like to move much on the court and that's his main problem, though.

murray has beaten nadal quite a few times btw

Blackbriar
02-18-2011, 07:56 AM
Almagro can be top 10 as any actual top 20 player, but his match record against top 10 is atrocious, and he is really bad on HC, i'm not even sure he could win anything on HC.

The Magician
02-18-2011, 08:00 AM
i consider fiasco a bigger pocahontas fanboy. hey, mugro ALMOST beat nadal once ;)
and he was the player who troubled nadull the most in RG last year. he's still not likely to beat him of course but i much prefer him to play nadal over fiasco or boredo. besides, i kind of like mugro's game. keeps it agressive and has a pretty backhand. he doesn't like to move much on the court and that's his main problem, though.

murray has beaten nadal quite a few times btw

I agree, Fiasco being in the top 10 for over a year straight is probably the biggest stat people will look back on to prove this is a mug era, even over Nadull winning the career GS and the variety of clowns who have been in the top 10 over the last decade.

Anyone who is havig a selective memory of Almugro, go watch his match against Gineprick at the USO. One of the worst matches of all time.

Mugray had potential but he's squandered it all away, now holding the record for biggest loser in slam finals (9 sets lost/0 won) while worshiping Nadull in all of his interviews. He's done and dusted I'm afraid.

dombrfc
02-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Hopefully not

Hopefully not :rolls:

Why why why?

orangehat
02-18-2011, 09:41 AM
ugly strokes + ugly attitude

Ibracadabra
02-18-2011, 09:46 AM
He's better than melzer and murray who are currently in the top 10. So why not?

orangehat
02-18-2011, 09:48 AM

on clay certainly. overall? no way

n8
02-18-2011, 10:09 AM
For those who don't like Almagro, got 8 minutes spare?

06CdClj1zj4

Unreal tennis from Nicolas playing one of the biggest matches of his career. The way he drills that high single handed backhand! :worship:

Chris Kuerten
02-18-2011, 10:58 AM
MTF will melt down on that day.

Sonja1989
02-18-2011, 11:04 AM
Yes, Nico can. I looking forward this time. :)

Sonja1989
02-18-2011, 11:05 AM

+1

born_on_clay
02-18-2011, 11:22 AM
he can with clay court season coming up

timafi
02-18-2011, 12:25 PM
he's got no fucking business in the top 10 but he'll get there since he plays every fucking clay court tournament on the planet year round:shrug:

Sham Kay
02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Blasphemy!

oranges
02-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Nope

one thing is certain for me, i prefer mugro much better over fiasco in the top 10

Must be his awesome on-court attitude :lol:

oranges
02-18-2011, 03:40 PM

Perhaps in Virtua Tennis if all the stats are like the one we've seen for Muzza :lol:

Beat
02-18-2011, 03:56 PM
i didn't know he was from murcia. i was there last october. 'twas lovely.

Almagro >>>>>>>>> Verdasco.

as their results so soundly prove, right? :silly:

ZakMcCrack
02-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Almugro is one of the worst movers on tour.

This. And therefore he basically only has a window of a few minutes to protrude into the Top 10, hence until clay season ends... ;-)

Sonja1989
02-18-2011, 05:01 PM
@Haters, you will be surprising. Almagro will be top 10 player in this year!!! :)

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 05:02 PM
On clay, he's better than both. Overall, he's only better than Melzer. Murray is way above him.
For those who don't like Almagro, got 8 minutes spare?

06CdClj1zj4

Unreal tennis from Nicolas playing one of the biggest matches of his career. The way he drills that high single handed backhand! :worship:
Amazing :worship:
he's got no fucking business in the top 10 but he'll get there since he plays every fucking clay court tournament on the planet year round:shrug:
He's got every right to be in the top 10, considering that there are some really crap players in there. It'll be good if he gets in.
Must be his awesome on-court attitude :lol:
Better attitude than that clown Verdasco or that other clown Roddick.
as their results so soundly prove, right? :silly:
Verdasco loses early A LOT more than Almagro does.
Almagro is way more consistent, too bad Verdasco gets fluke runs every now and then to keep him in the top 10.

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 06:01 PM
People talk of getting to the top ten as something almost impossible for him but hell, if Fiasco managed to stay a year in it, then you know the standards are pretty freakin low.

So yeah, Mugro can do it. Go Mugro, go!

oranges
02-18-2011, 06:12 PM
People talk of getting to the top ten as something almost impossible for him but hell, if Fiasco managed to stay a year in it, then you know the standards are pretty freakin low.

So yeah, Mugro can do it. Go Mugro, go!

When has Mugro ever achieved anything remotely similar to Verdasco's results? Verdasco outperforms him on clay, let alone elsewhere.

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 06:26 PM
well, obvs he's achieved more. hence the different rankings throughout their careers.

i just think fiasco is a terrible player and that mugro has more potential.

HattonWBA
02-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Yes and very soon, if he could improve on hard courts he would easily maintain a top 10 ranking purely given his pedigree on clay courts.

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 06:46 PM
Almagro has way more potential than Verdasco. Verdasco has fluke runs every now and then....Almagro doesn't get disgraced by Nadal on clay either btw :)

Pathetic displays by Verdasco everytime he faces Nadal. Almagro tries his hardest against Nadal (except for RG 2008, that was hilariously bad).

Also, Almagro is more consistent...and doesn't lose early as much as Verdasco. Hopefully, Almagro ends up above him in the rankings, would be good for tennis.

oranges
02-18-2011, 07:00 PM
i just think fiasco is a terrible player and that mugro has more potential.

Based on what? Pretty much everything Verdasco does bad, Mugro does worse. Choking abilities, check. Extreme mugness for long stretches of time, check. Being Nadal's fave bitch, check. To be continued ...

Besdies, I didn't men consistently, I meant ever, once, make slam semi or masters final or win 500, or anthing similar.

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 07:03 PM
based on my perception. same reason i think someone like say, malisse, has a lot more potential than, say, robredo.

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Based on what? Pretty much everything Verdasco does bad, Mugro does worse. Choking abilities, check. Extreme mugness for long stretches of time, check. Being Nadal's fave bitch, check. To be continued ...

Besdies, I didn't men consistently, I meant ever, once, make slam semi or masters final or win 500, or anthing similar.
Almagro is worse than Verdasco? I'd say he pretty much isn't atm, wouldn't you? 7 match winning streak, 4th round at Aussie Open, title & semi-final before Aussie Open. Verdasco....one final, 1st round loss, 4th round at Aussie. Almagro is way ahead in the race too.

Verdasco? Pfff....

1. Choking abilites: 1-0 to Verdasco.
2. Mugness: 2-0 to Verdasco.
3. Being Nadal's toy: 3-0 to Verdasco.

Almagro has given Nadal tight matches in the past (RG 08 is pretty much the only one were he got destroyed). Verdasco gets destroyed every single time and doesn't try to win at all (Aussie Open 09 being the only exception, but that was a fluke...). After his win in Barcelona (last year) Verdasco said something like: "maybe I can come back and defend the title next year, if Nadal doesn't play". What kind of attitude is that, he's a horrible player in every way....

Almagro >>>>> Verdasco.

oranges
02-18-2011, 07:12 PM
:lol: awesome comprison Verdasco-Robredo, really similar talent-wise. Said Mallise made it to slam semi, something Mugro can only dream off. Hence, you sound far less cuckoo pulling him out of the hat.

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 07:14 PM
:lol: awesome comprison Verdasco-Robredo, really similar talent-wise. Said Mallise made it to slam semi, something Mugro can only dream off. Hence, you sound far less cuckoo pulling him out of the hat.
Robredo is also better than Verdasco and always will be: better slam record, better consistency, higher career high...just a better player.

Almagro, Robredo >>>>> Verdasco.

Just because Verdasco reached one fluke slam semi doesn't mean he's better than them....end of.

Smoke944
02-18-2011, 07:19 PM

He's already made the quarters of RG twice, and is having increasingly consistent results. So he can only dream of making the semis of a slam? Do you ever read the stupid **** you post?

abraxas21
02-18-2011, 07:23 PM

eh? i never compared fiasco to boredo or malisse to mugro.

read what i wrote again before coming with the 'cuckoo' word.

Sapeod
02-18-2011, 07:26 PM
He's already made the quarters of RG twice, and is having increasingly consistent results. So he can only dream of making the semis of a slam? Do you ever read the stupid **** you post?
She seems to think that because Verdasco has 1 slam semi he's some sort of amazing player and is better than Robredo and Almagro :lol:

Almagro has two RG quarterfinals, Verdasco hasn't even reached the quarters once :lol:
And she says Verdasco is better on clay than Almagro.

oranges
02-18-2011, 07:35 PM
:lol: Since the difference between that and semi is minor, perhaps you're interested in wager. I'd take any stakes, He'd lose to Roddick in the quarters :haha:

OT, but are you sure you're not responding to Isner in the semi prediction, rather than Mugro, hence the extreme pissiness?

Snoo Foo
02-18-2011, 07:39 PM
with Florida Evans for a mother, nothing can stop him

oranges
02-18-2011, 07:44 PM
eh? i never compared fiasco to boredo or malisse to mugro.

read what i wrote again before coming with the 'cuckoo' word.

I'm not sure how you can draw a parallel without implying comparison. Either Robredo-Mallise example is comparable or, if not, only you know why bring it up

Smoke944
02-18-2011, 07:55 PM
:lol: Since the difference between that and semi is minor, perhaps you're interested in wager. I'd take any stakes, He'd lose to Roddick in the quarters :haha:

OT, but are you sure you're not responding to Isner in the semi prediction, rather than Mugro, hence the extreme pissiness?

I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to Isner :lol:
But if it is a prediction that he'll never make a GS Semi, I agree.

GlennMirnyi
02-19-2011, 03:39 AM
Mugro will always win the battle for the most punchable face.

propi
02-19-2011, 04:00 PM
He will eventually get in there, he's very talented and seems to be more reflexive lately (which, given his previous level, isn't that hard :o)

Sonja1989
02-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Almagro on clay since Madrid:
Madrid: lost to Nadal (SF)
Roland Garros: lost to Nadal (QF)
Bastad: WON
Hamburg: lost to Istomin (R2, after his title)
Gstaad: WON
Costa do Sauipe: WON

What a player on clay? :)

Orka_n
02-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Mugro in the top 10 :scared:

Sonja1989
02-19-2011, 10:38 PM
After this match I would like to say Almagro will sooner top 10 player than I thought. :)
Certainly

Mr. Butterfly
02-19-2011, 10:39 PM
Too good this Nico

abraxas21
04-05-2011, 12:06 PM
mugro, currently ranked 12th, only defends R2 in MC and has a first round bye. It will be a huge chance for him to enter the top 10.

JolánGagó
04-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I hope he does. Not holding my breath though....

finishingmove
04-05-2011, 01:17 PM
let's go

Sonja1989
04-05-2011, 01:24 PM
He will do it soon. :D

Ilovetheblues_86
04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Rasputin was powerful once too.

abraxas21
04-13-2011, 08:56 PM
so, only one match away from the top 10. he needs to beat melzer

i don't think he'll do it but the clay season is just starting.

Sonja1989
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM
New chance, Barcelona.

R1 bye
R2 vs Andujar or little Granollers
R3 Davydenko/Dolgopolov/Kuznetsov/Roger Vasselin

If he win this two match he will make top 10. :D :D :D

Luinir
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
tough draw.

Sonja1989
04-18-2011, 03:57 PM
But it's possible on clay for him. :)

philosophicalarf
04-18-2011, 04:45 PM
Needs to beat Andujar and Davy/Dolgo to be 10 next week.

Sapeod
04-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Very good chance to get top 10 this week. Should beat Andujar easily. Dolgopolov/Davydenko might be hard, but he can do it! COME ON, NIC!

abraxas21
04-21-2011, 04:41 PM
there he is

Sonja1989
04-21-2011, 04:44 PM
He deserved it, congrats Nico!!! :worship: :woohoo: :bounce:

tangerine_dream
04-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Fish, Berdych, Monfils, Melzer, Almagro in the top ten, is this the new Weak Era? This can't be good for Novak Djokovic's legacy. :(

Filo V.
04-21-2011, 04:47 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y54/lummage/misc/haters-gonna-hate-pink-suit-black-dude.jpg

FiBeR
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/raulfiber/mustgo.jpg

Sonja1989
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
Fish, Berdych, Monfils, Melzer, Almagro in the top ten, is this the new Weak Era? This can't be good for Novak Djokovic's legacy. :(

Fish isn't in top 10 already...

I guess everybody deserved it who make that. ;)

Filo V.
04-21-2011, 04:52 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/raulfiber/mustgo.jpg

:lol::rocker2:

Luinir
04-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Great Nico! He isn't playing even good tennis but clay is his home, really. Hopefully, he can make the final here in Barcelona.

Santorofan
04-21-2011, 05:13 PM
congrats Nico, Awesome Way To Answer The Haters!! We Knew You Could Do It!!! Now Keep Up The Consistancy Throughout The Season....deuces!

Li Ching Yuen
04-21-2011, 05:20 PM

Your idol has been in the Top10 for almost a decade. That says everything about this sport in the first place.

tangerine_dream
04-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Your idol has been in the Top10 for almost a decade. That says everything about this sport in the first place.
I know Roddick sucks. :tears: Federer never had it so easy. Goat my ass.

Li Ching Yuen
04-21-2011, 05:26 PM
I know Roddick sucks. :tears: Federer never had it so easy. Goat my ass.

You and I both suck.

But I think that if you stop making retarded posts like the one above we'll be ok in the end.

Taz Warrior
04-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Congrats Nico :worship: Well deserved - never understood all the Almagro hate around here :shrug:

oranges
04-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Dark days. If Mugro and Fish manage to be in top 10 at the same time, the universe will simply implode.

GlennMirnyi
04-21-2011, 05:43 PM

New weak era?

This the same weak era that has begun in the early 2000s.

tangerine_dream
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
New weak era?

Same week era then, different cast of characters.

Yves.
04-21-2011, 05:47 PM
great for him, great player!

Lee
04-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Fish isn't in top 10 already...

I guess everybody deserved it who make that. ;)

Fish made top 10 this week.

Congratulation to Nico :rocker:

Nole fan
04-21-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm happy for Almagro, he's really a good player. :)

jonathancrane
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Makes sense that in the weakest era in the history of the game a player like Mugro hits the top 10

Nole fan
04-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Makes sense that in the weakest era in the history of the game a player like Mugro hits the top 10

:zzz:

tribalfusion
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
All these people complaining about weak eras should be forced to have Almagro drill backhands at their balls lol

Time Violation
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Dark days. If Mugro and Fish manage to be in top 10 at the same time, the universe will simply implode.

Just wait for Troicki, he's almost there :cool:

Merton
04-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Anybody entering the top-10 is well desrved by tautology the way rankings are derived.

shadows
04-21-2011, 08:50 PM
*thumbs up*

He's a lot more deserving than some of the players we've had in the top 10 recently.

It's always nice seeing a player with potential getting his head in order a bit and posting a few more consistent results (even if he's still kinda prone to flaking out at times). Hopefully he can make the 1/4s of RG at least =)

samanosuke
04-21-2011, 09:04 PM
oh man this is really too much . tennis can't go lower than this

Sonja1989
04-21-2011, 09:41 PM

Fish made top 10 this week.

No. Fish is in top 10 in this week and Almagro will be #10 instead of Fish. Fish will be #11.

Don't scare me. ;)

oranges
04-21-2011, 09:46 PM
No. Fish is in top 10 in this week and Almagro will be #10 instead of Fish. Fish will be #11.

Yes, it means we're saved for now ;) Both would an overload and the universe would promptly collapse

Sonja1989
04-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes, it means we're saved for now ;) Both would an overload and the universe would promptly collapse

Okay, we know each other opinion, I don't want to write it 100000000 times. ;)

Topspindoctor
04-21-2011, 10:07 PM
New weak era?

Weak era? Take a look at 1996-1998, nostalgiatard.

Nole fan
04-21-2011, 11:45 PM
Weak era? Take a look at 1996-1998, nostalgiatard.

Really, I don't get this guy. Why watch tennis at all or post in a tennis forum when he hates the game? I don't think I've ever read anything from him that wasn't a one line sentence about the death of tennis in this mug era. How many more times we will have to hear it before we die of boredom? :retard:

Action Jackson
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM

This will be the true end if this happens. At least Almagro has an outstanding backhand.

Li Ching Yuen
04-22-2011, 07:48 AM
This will be the true end if this happens. At least Almagro has an outstanding backhand.

Funny, cause Troicki actually has a great double handed bh.;)

It's what happens when all courts play like slow-medium HC. You get guys that play well on it well above their potential in the rankings.

That, and the Top30 has been horrendous this year.

Action Jackson
04-22-2011, 07:54 AM
Funny, cause Troicki actually has a great double handed bh.;)

It's what happens when all courts play like slow-medium HC. You get guys that play well on it well above their potential in the rankings.

That, and the Top30 has been horrendous this year.

Only thing outstanding about Troicki is his girlfriend.

finishingmove
04-22-2011, 08:07 AM
troicki gets outstanding walkovers

Li Ching Yuen
04-22-2011, 08:11 AM
Only thing outstanding about Troicki is his girlfriend.

You don't have to be outstanding to be in the top16.

The top 3 in men's tennis right now have 30.000 ranking points accumulated. Speaks a lot of the guys beneath them.

Sonja1989
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM

But Troicki has outstanding luck. :lol:

RNW
04-22-2011, 10:51 AM
As a fan:

For me he is only Top 10 on clay.
But because he play clay court tournaments for 7 or 8 months, the logical consequence is that he is in top 10.

But over all, he is a player for the spots 13-18.

His loss against Melzer in Monte Carlo was ridiculous and not Top 10 worthy.

I think, he is capable of reaching the Top 10 and play Top 10 tennis but he has to improve his game and his mental strength.

@Sweet Cleopatra
04-22-2011, 02:13 PM
As a fan:

For me he is only Top 10 on clay.
But because he play clay court tournaments for 7 or 8 months, the logical consequence is that he is in top 10.

But over all, he is a player for the spots 13-18.

His loss against Melzer in Monte Carlo was ridiculous and not Top 10 worthy.

I think, he is capable of reaching the Top 10 and play Top 10 tennis but he has to improve his game and his mental strength.

How can someone play 8 months on clay, when clay season extends for only 3 months?

philosophicalarf
04-22-2011, 03:50 PM

Troicki is best on faster hard.

Li Ching Yuen
04-22-2011, 04:00 PM
Troicki is best on faster hard.

Nah. There are better players indoors than him.

Marc23
04-22-2011, 05:17 PM
How can someone play 8 months on clay, when clay season extends for only 3 months?

Months and tournamenst on clay:

January: Movistar Open-Santiago,Chile

February: Brasil Open,Costa do Sauipe

Copa Claro,Buenos Aires

Acapulco,Mexico

March: Because of IW and Miami-only challengers on clay

April: Houston,USA

Casablanca,Morocco

Monte Carlo,Monaco

Barcelona,Spain

Munich,Germany

Serbia Open,Belgrade/Serbia

Estroil Open,Portugal

May: Madrid Open,Spain

Rome,Italy

Open de Nice,France

Roland Garros,France

June: empty-grass

July: Mercedes Cup,Germany

Bastad,Sweden

Hamburg,Germany

Gstaad,Switzerland

Umag,Croatia

Kitzbühel,Austria

August: empty

September: Bucharest Open,Romania

October: empty

November: empty

So,we have clay court tournaments played in 6 months of the year!

Sonja1989
04-22-2011, 05:40 PM
Months and tournamenst on clay:

January: Movistar Open-Santiago,Chile

February: Brasil Open,Costa do Sauipe

Copa Claro,Buenos Aires

Acapulco,Mexico

March: Because of IW and Miami-only challengers on clay

April: Houston,USA

Casablanca,Morocco

Monte Carlo,Monaco

Barcelona,Spain

Munich,Germany

Serbia Open,Belgrade/Serbia

Estroil Open,Portugal

May: Madrid Open,Spain

Rome,Italy

Open de Nice,France

Roland Garros,France

June: empty-grass

July: Mercedes Cup,Germany

Bastad,Sweden

Hamburg,Germany

Gstaad,Switzerland

Umag,Croatia

Kitzbühel,Austria

August: empty

September: Bucharest Open,Romania

October: empty

November: empty

So,we have clay court tournaments played in 6 months of the year!

Of course he don't play Bucharest. Also Santiago. He played three tournament in February and this clay season... And don't worry, doen't count his all points from his 4 title.

Marc23
04-23-2011, 03:33 AM
I didn't say he playes all those tournaments,I just said that from january till october you have the chance to play a clay court tournament...