How far will go Raonic in Memphis? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How far will go Raonic in Memphis?

romismak
02-17-2011, 08:33 PM
QF - Kendrick, SF- Fish or Querrey- this is just so big opportunity to make finals here- it will be unbelieveble if he succeed to win 500 tournament just after his first 250 title- in finals there should be Roddick or Del Potro- what will be challenge but Roddick can be taken down in tie-breaks and Del Potro can be tired.. still he is playing too much matches now for guy who didn´t play whole last year.

Mistaflava
02-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I think he has a great shot to reach the Final. Kendrick is a joke. Fish is not feeling well and has that thyroid problem. Querrey can't win a tiebreak against Raonic but the kid won't beat Del Potro. Only guy who can beat him I think.

Certinfy
02-17-2011, 08:51 PM
I would probably think Querrey would beat him, guy really steps it up when playing in the US. Not saying Raonic won't reach the final, because I do think he'll have his chances but I just don't see him winning the trophy.

duong
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
I will say he can reach the final but he would definitely lose to Roddick or Del Potro.

Querrey and Fish haven't looked good recently but of course also have such a serve :lol: , as for Kendrick he's not beaten yet : he beat Anderson and Blake, and Raonic will get tired sooner or later with his long legs

smikkel
02-18-2011, 12:44 AM
I think he can get past Kendrick, but a let down is bound to come sometime soon. The last two matches were really tight and he'll run out of gas soon.

It is incredibly exciting to finally have a Canadian to cheer for. One who actually seems to have a chance to make some noise on tour.

Tennisnakama
02-18-2011, 09:58 PM
If Raonic gets final, it would be great for tennis. We need a new star. He is sensational. But unfortunately he will run out of gas and Del Potro or Roddick will win Memphis. It's nice to have a Canadian new face for a change.

romismak
02-18-2011, 10:13 PM
I agree that if he will be in final, he will be too tired. Still he can beat Roddick in 2 TB, but with Del Potro he must move and JM will shot hard shots and he must play great in defense, so if he plays Delpo he has no chance- too tired and worldclass opponent, if he play Roddik he must win in 2sets, or he will really run out of gas