Some players are more equal than others: Kei Nishikori's vitality to the ATP [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Some players are more equal than others: Kei Nishikori's vitality to the ATP

BlueSoul Formula
02-17-2011, 12:10 AM
I start this thread in order to start a conversation about players you believe are more important to the tour than other players. Every player is a professional and should be highly admired for their immense work ethic and talent. but it would be the folly of a child to be naive enough to believe that every player has equal status in the ATP.

Certain players would help the ATP more if they became more successful. Federer and Nadal have been tremendous for the ATP, giving them a certain status which makes them more equal than the other professionals. An example of one player I believe is more equal than others is Kei Nishikori. Japan does not have any players at the moment that they can proudly call their champion, their warrior. Nishikori does not have the talent required to be a top elite professional in tennis. This is disappointing for the ATP tour because they will lose out on the Japan market. There is a deep cultural appeal to the Japanese that can be found in tennis. Tennis and Japan go together like the ying and the yang, the starts and the moon. But they have yet to comingle,mesh and conceive a healthy son, one who can be a great champion. Tennis has the potential to boom in Japan, everything about the sport is found in Japan. This is why Kei Nishikori is so vital to the ATP. I hope that Nishikori can find the deep fire within that will help him overcome his talent deficiencies and become the champion that Japan wants to see. The champion that can start a tennis boom in land of the rising sun.

Topspindoctor
02-17-2011, 12:13 AM
The lad is talented, but he needs to improve his serve. If he does, he can be top 10 player, I believe.

fast_clay
02-17-2011, 12:37 AM
i remember when japan went shuzo-mad

federer and nadal were great for the atp... great records for the history books... but, ultimately time should remember them as shit for tennis...

GlennMirnyi
02-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Thread fail.

out_here_grindin
02-24-2011, 01:33 AM
I think Japan could be a tennis hotbed but it hasn't happened yet. They could have a few more good players if Kei makes it big because youth will look at tennis as more of an option, but they will not be one of the tennis powerhouses of the world.

Henry Chinaski
02-24-2011, 01:49 AM
All the top players.

Americans are especially important.

The ATP even covered up Agassi's failed drugs test.

Kohlschreiber and Mayer should be important only the ATP seemingly stopped giving a shit about Germany years ago.

And every IMG player is going to be favoured seeing as IMG pretty much owns tennis

abraxas21
02-24-2011, 01:54 AM
as far as the ATP is concerned, they probably wish Federer or Nadal would pull a Lendl and play for America.

not every nation is like the french, who keep loving tennis in spite of the fact that all of their players are either constantly injured, chokers or mugs.

Johnny Groove
02-24-2011, 01:54 AM
A new, young, good looking, marketable American player.

abraxas21
02-24-2011, 01:57 AM

i don't think donald will achieve much at the top to be honest :)

navy75
02-24-2011, 03:40 AM
i don't think donald will achieve much at the top to be honest :)

:lol:

Arkulari
02-24-2011, 04:25 AM

blowing your own horn already Jon? :p

ossie
02-24-2011, 09:01 AM
fedal is the greatest ambassador any sport has ever seen

duong
02-24-2011, 09:32 AM

yes Nishikori spent a lot of his time in the US : it's hard, I guess, for the Asians, to really grow up on the ATP with little infrastructures, esp trainers, in Asia, and also having to travel a lot to play tournaments.

Then it's easier when they have a base in the US or Europe.

Pirao666
02-24-2011, 10:43 AM
i remember when japan went shuzo-mad

federer and nadal were great for the atp... great records for the history books... but, ultimately time should remember them as shit for tennis...

Right... shut up dumbass :retard:

silverwhite
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM
not every nation is like the french, who keep loving tennis in spite of the fact that all of their players are either constantly injured, chokers or mugs.

Couldn't have put it better myself :worship: