Gasquet hires Ricardo Piatti [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gasquet hires Ricardo Piatti

nalbyfan
02-16-2011, 08:44 AM
Richard will work with Piatti who will coach him and Ljubicic as usually
Maybe a new start for Richard who has a lot to learn from Piatti and from Legenda too...
They can share training sessions

Johnny_Bravo
02-16-2011, 08:46 AM
good news gasquettaires :yeah:

apologies if i've misspelled it :D

Blackbriar
02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
:yeah: good news for Ritchie! Deblicker is out! out! Alleluia! :worship:
if you understand french you can go here fo the story
http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/balles-bleues/2004/gasquet-avec-piatti_sto2668234/story.shtml

RIboy
02-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Richie wants to be a legend too

Blackbriar
02-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I think Piatti will make the transition, as Ljubo will probably have a lighten schedule the rest of the 2011 year (especially on clay) and retire during the OG 2012. If Richard could just have the same career as Ljubo, that would be incredible.

nalbyfan
02-16-2011, 11:21 AM
Richard N°3 on ATP ranking ?? Why not, he's the most talented of French players by far

joplin
02-16-2011, 11:44 AM
sharing coaching between two players usually isn´t a good idea. But I guess Piatti is a good option, he is already coaching a player with one handed backhand and could help Gasquet in other areas of the game

scoobs
02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
Deblicker will probably be back by the clay.

He and Gasquet have broken up and got back together more times than I've had hot lunches.

Henry Chinaski
02-16-2011, 11:48 AM
great news. Can't be a bad thing for him to get a break from the whole French scene. Where is Piatti usually based actually? Probably Monte Carlo

Scoobs, looks like Deblicker ditched Gasquet by taking a promotion at Lagarde rather than the player realising he needed a change. Could be permanent if the new job is very time-consuming

scoobs
02-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Well fingers crossed then, although I'm not sure coach-sharing is the answer for Gasquet here either.

duong
02-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Well fingers crossed then, although I'm not sure coach-sharing is the answer for Gasquet here either.

Grosjean will also be with Gasquet a part of the year, esp in Indian Wells and Miami

Helevorn
02-16-2011, 12:38 PM
Two "c"s in his name, it's "Riccardo" :D

I like him, as much as I like every Italian guy involved with tennis who decides not to play tennis but to coach foreign tennis players :lol:

I think he's doing very well with Ljubicic and I hope he'll be able to help Gasquet reaching some good results on the tour :)

My father knows him and he always tells me that moment in which Piatti chose to follow Ljubicic and to leave Djokovic alone, not actually a wise choice :lol: ( http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=3612636 )

Piatti's from Milan but as someone told above he's based in Monte Carlo :)

Henry Chinaski
02-16-2011, 12:41 PM
yeah I figured that seeing as Ljubo lives in MC

Ljubo is a pusher as well so unlikely we'll see a new aggressive Gasquet

nalbyfan
02-16-2011, 12:43 PM
Riccardo is very experienced and always hold his nerves even when he's watching Legenda playing bad like in Bercy 2007 vs Marcos (Riccardo was close to me, didn't move, didn't speak, only watched the disaster..)He can help Richard and Legenda and him can train together.
Maybe Legenda can give Richard some good advices too ?

Li Ching Yuen
02-16-2011, 12:47 PM
Ljubo is a pusher as well so unlikely we'll see a new aggressive Gasquet

You're clueless.

Ljubicic when playing well is a very aggressive player.

nalbyfan
02-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Legenda was N°3 in 2006, so he's not a pusher but a very good player who won IW at the age of 30

oranges
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
You're clueless.

He's mildly aggresive if he thinks it's necessary, passive all the way if that will get the job done. The second is far more common.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 01:04 PM
As much i HOPE Richard will deliver on his unfulfilled potential as his style of play is VERY refreshing.He has left it far too late to get back to his wimby semi-final level

Li Ching Yuen
02-16-2011, 01:04 PM
He's mildly aggresive if he thinks it's necessary, passive all the way if that will get the job done. The second is far more common.

Ljubicic will never in his life be a pusher simply because he can't rally for more than 3-4 shots. He either nets the ball or goes for a winner.

Henry Chinaski
02-16-2011, 01:05 PM
You're clueless.

15% of the time. Gasquet is more like 2% so yeah maybe there will be an improvement

oranges
02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Ljubicic will never in his life be a pusher simply because he can't rally for more than 3-4 shots. He either nets the ball or goes for a winner.

:rolleyes: Whereas with his FH, super agression is natural. I suggest you watch how he outpushes Simon. I'm yet to see him outhit Tsonga OTOH

Li Ching Yuen
02-16-2011, 01:11 PM
:rolleyes: Whereas with his FH, super agression is natural. I suggest you watch how he outpushes Simon. I'm yet to see him outhit Tsonga OTOH

To be a pusher you have to be able to move well. Ljubicic is the worst mover in the Top20.

RIboy
02-16-2011, 01:14 PM
nothing wrong being smart pusher and than taking some chances on shorter balls....look where are brainless ballbashers like Sillyc and Gulbis

RIboy
02-16-2011, 01:16 PM
To be a pusher you have to be able to move well. Ljubicic is the worst mover in the Top20.

has a lot less court to cover with one-handed bh

ImmzB
02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
Great news for Richard!! :bounce:

Eric is also gone! :)

Mungo
02-16-2011, 03:43 PM
Is Piatti a psychologist?

samanosuke
02-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Gasquet has too much hair to be legend

Certinfy
02-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Gasquet could hire God to be his coach and he'd still be the same mug he is now.

Gretchen.
02-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Gasquet could hire God to be his coach and he'd still be the same mug he is now.

Piss off!

He can get hair tips from Ljubo now. :hearts:

Allez
02-16-2011, 05:52 PM
Congratulations Richard :yeah:

Amber Spyglass
02-16-2011, 06:06 PM
Piatti looking for whatever(relatively) young potential will have him now, with Legenda's retirement imminent.Missed the boat with Djoko. Not sorry though, Djokovic found a very good personal match for him coach-wise with Vajda.Won all his 19 titles with him.Who knows for certain that things would have gone the same way with Piatti

Cloudygirl
02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
Deblicker will probably be back by the clay.

He and Gasquet have broken up and got back together more times than I've had hot lunches.

Piss off!

He can get hair tips from Ljubo now. :hearts:

^^

agree with both of these

Blackbriar
02-17-2011, 08:04 AM
Deblicker is gone, he was appointed to a desk job at Lagardère. He will continue his terrible job with other youngsters. good riddance!

Gasquet has a new coach and he will probably try to make a good clay season, i think it will be positive for him.

Sonja1989
02-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Good news! :yeah:

guy in sf
02-18-2011, 02:20 AM
I think Richard really needs to look deep inside himself first and ask himself if he's willing to change his game to be competitive with the best out there before he hires anyone new because the change comes from the player first before anything else.

There isn't a single player in the top 20 that doesn't have an attacking game and Richard still has a passive/just hit the ball to get it over the net type of game. He needs to get it in his head that being the aggressor is the one thing that will make a difference in his game. Secondly he needs to seriously and completely change his forehand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's the weakest and most attackable forehand in the game! It sits up with no pace and his opponents are all over it!

It's hard to imagine that Deblicker didn't realize that those are the 2 main things that Richard needed work on. My guess is he did try to change those things about Richard but Richard is probably too set in his ways to change so my question is how is a new coach going to make a difference if the most obvious changes have not materialized in the last 4 years? Maybe it's Richard and not the coaches? I don't know for sure and I'm really hoping that this new guy can change those things in him. Would love to see Richard win on a consistent basis, the guy is so incredibly talented and his backhand is god-given!

icecastle
02-18-2011, 04:01 AM

:mad: :fiery: :armed:

Ill take this as a good news, I just hope Deblicker will stay out for at least a few months. I really think Deblicker will be back before the year ends though, I hope im wrong. :o

oranges
02-18-2011, 03:27 PM
I prefer to hope Deblicker is gone for good, really don't see anything he can help with, be it game-wise or mentally, quite the contrary on both accounts. Lets see how it goes with Piatti :)

In non-related news, Certinfy still not over his crush over Richard.