Memphis R1: Roddick def. Berankis 4-6 6-2 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Memphis R1: Roddick def. Berankis 4-6 6-2 6-3

Armless
02-16-2011, 02:59 AM
Roddick served out 23 aces, whilst Berankis had a rough day - 38 % 1st serve.

Feli lopez
02-16-2011, 03:07 AM
A-Rod :yeah:

gindyo
02-16-2011, 03:41 AM
Expected. And Rodick being the mug he is dropping a set to someone serving at 38% first serve :o. Shame on you Rodick, it is time to hang up the racquet.

*Jean*
02-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Ricardas :sad:

River
02-16-2011, 08:22 AM
Expected. And Rodick being the mug he is dropping a set to someone serving at 38% first serve :o. Shame on you Rodick, it is time to hang up the racquet.

...didn't Roddick win?

Ad Wim
02-16-2011, 08:33 AM
Roddick served out 23 aces, whilst Berankis had a rough day - 38 % 1st serve.

Impressive that Ricaras won a set considering those statistics.

Young 8
02-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Impressive that Ricaras won a set considering those statistics.

Berankis was down 0-40 middle 1st set, he saved all 3 & won the game

The game after Roddick had a brain fart and dropped his serve

madmax
02-16-2011, 08:59 AM
woeful serving from Berankis...a guy needs to do something with his first serve if he wants to start beating TOP 10 players - maybe a new coach would be a welcome addition

jmf07
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
woeful serving from Berankis...a guy needs to do something with his first serve if he wants to start beating TOP 10 players - maybe a new coach would be a welcome addition

He simply had an off day like they all do. Overall he has a terrific serve when you consider his lack of height.

jonathancrane
02-16-2011, 11:53 AM
Meh

Should be an interesting R2 match against Janko

Pirao666
02-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Taking a set off a player like Roddick is pretty good. Keep improving Richard :)

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 01:02 PM
He simply had an off day like they all do. Overall he has a terrific serve when you consider his lack of height.

What does height have to do with it?

Berankis is an absolute joke. Roddick should be ashamed dropping a set to such a limited player who cant hurt you what so ever. You see Rica, Roddick is a player who has an entertaining personality and Rica should learn from him. I mean could Berankis be anymore dull. I am pleased to see Roddick wipe the floor with his overrated self. Berankis is no match for a low league club player like Berankis who is dabbled in mediocrity. Roddick is everything that Berankis aspires to be but wont be. Roddick was the teacher and Rica was the student who failed his exam.

Good for the game. Roddick taking out the trash and putting it in the junkyard :worship:

Rematch with Tipsy should be GREAT

hotdog
02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I wish the powers to be at MTF could do something about this Federer's Mate poster. There is no need for that sort of talk here. I guess you must be a losing gambler?

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 01:08 PM
I wish the powers to be at MTF could do something about this Federer's Mate poster. There is no need for that sort of talk here. I guess you must be a losing gambler?

Hahaha I'm curious about how your mind works.

jmf07
02-16-2011, 01:18 PM

:lol: so why do you believe height has nothing to do with the serve? (I'm helping your ACC title defence here)

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 01:24 PM
:lol: so why do you believe height has nothing to do with the serve? (I'm helping your ACC title defence here)

did i say that?

gindyo
02-16-2011, 01:26 PM
...didn't Roddick win?

Well he won, but when you have put money on him and he is screwing around like that.... got me nervous for a while there. It is not good for my health you know :D:D

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 01:28 PM
Well he won, but when you have put money on him and he is screwing around like that.... got me nervous for a while there. It is not good for my health you know :D:D

Roddick always does well against low quality players who dont have any spark, so he was never going to lose this. It's the good players that have variety and different game plans that are a problem for Andy. Roger is a PRIME example of this.

oranges
02-16-2011, 01:30 PM
did i say that?

you did, as well as bunch of other clueless BS as usual

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 01:32 PM
you did, as well as bunch of other clueless BS as usual

No i didn't. If you are going to make baseless accusations, you better back it up.

scoobs
02-16-2011, 01:35 PM
Do what exactly? He has opinions, in this case his opinions are disparaging and expressed plainly but not in violation of any rules that I can see. If you don't like what he's saying, you can always put him on ignore...

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 01:37 PM
Do what exactly? He has opinions, in this case his opinions are disparaging and expressed plainly but not in violation of any rules that I can see. If you don't like what he's saying, you can always put him on ignore...

He's not going to do that Scoobs. INSTEAD, he's going to attack me and my insight without an explanation. Without giving his view on the result at hand.

hotdog
02-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Using a word like trash to describe a player is totally uncalled for in my opinion. There should be no place for anyone who insults a player like that.

Armless
02-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Professional trolling mate. A player wouldn't be complete if he wouldn't have any of those. Keep it up.

hotdog
02-16-2011, 02:00 PM
Surely one should be praising a player with a fairly limited game getting to the top 100 at the age of 20. I wonder how Federer's Mate gets on in the real world.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 02:01 PM
Using a word like trash to describe a player is totally uncalled for in my opinion. There should be no place for anyone who insults a player like that.

Are you trying to provoke me?. As nice as it is that my opinion is a matter of life and death to you, do try and stick to the topic at hand because this is a tennis forum for tennis discussion. Might make you look like less of a troll.

nelabai
02-16-2011, 02:02 PM

I guess he's not. He's just one of those Dimitrotards. He can't stand Ricardas because his future Federer Dimitrov got schooled in Helsinki. What a shame.

hotdog
02-16-2011, 02:04 PM
I don't need to provoke you. I think you clearly have some sort of anger management problem already.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't need to provoke you. I think you clearly have some sort of anger management problem already.

I didn't say you needed to provoke me. I think you are wrong and i dont really care what you think. Do you have a problem with anger management patients or something? :o

Li Ching Yuen
02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
You're wrong, Scoobs. Posters should be banned for posting such utter stupidity. Including myself.

Grow some balls and clean this place of trolls.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 02:09 PM
I guess he's not. He's just one of those Dimitrotards. He can't stand Ricardas because his future Federer Dimitrov got schooled in Helsinki. What a shame.

Boasting about challenger wins :tape:. I see the expectations of your kin are very high.

hotdog
02-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Indeed Li Cheng....it's time someone cleaned this place up. It's full of very strange people...makes the Betfair forum look positively sane.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 02:21 PM
30 posts in and yet I'm one of the only posters to have made an analysis/thoughts on the result. Apparently I'm strange as a result :rolleyes:

hotdog
02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
You are certainly paranoid...lol

hotdog
02-16-2011, 02:27 PM
Analysis? What analysis? All you did was trash talk Berankis. I'd like to see you write a proper analysis of a match.

nelabai
02-16-2011, 02:28 PM
Boasting about challenger wins :tape:. I see the expectations of your kin are very high.

You can go rather boast about Dimitrovs amazing winning streak and amazing umpire molesting personality, leave this kid alone :)

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
You can go rather boast about Dimitrovs amazing winning streak and amazing umpire molesting personality, leave this kid alone :)

Why are you bringing Dimitrov here, when he isn't involved. Why are you insulting him?. Why should i boast about those things?

Analysis? What analysis? All you did was trash talk Berankis. I'd like to see you write a proper analysis of a match.

Yeah in your eyes i did. I don't care what you would like to see, what you would like to see is none of my concern. I think we both have different views on what analysis/thoughts are :rolleyes:

OnyxRose
02-16-2011, 02:46 PM
This thread is weird. Anyway, doesn't bode well that Andy took 3 sets to beat Berankis. He'll probably lose to Tipsy...AGAIN.

River
02-16-2011, 05:20 PM
This thread is weird. Anyway, doesn't bode well that Andy took 3 sets to beat Berankis. He'll probably lose to Tipsy...AGAIN.

It's becoming very obvious that Andy doesn't want to learn anything new.

EDIT: Or use anything old that was useful.

FormerRafaFan
02-16-2011, 05:22 PM
ANDY:yeah:

Good win here. Also nice to see one of the youngsters take a set off him. Berankis is good!

Young 8
02-16-2011, 05:37 PM

Berankis is an absolute joke. Roddick should be ashamed dropping a set to such a limited player who cant hurt you what so ever. You see Rica, Roddick is a player who has an entertaining personality and Rica should learn from him. I mean could Berankis be anymore dull. I am pleased to see Roddick wipe the floor with his overrated self. Berankis is no match for a low league club player like Berankis who is dabbled in mediocrity. Roddick is everything that Berankis aspires to be but wont be. Roddick was the teacher and Rica was the student who failed his exam.

http://www.frikipedia.es/images/6/6d/Lol_wut.jpg

allpro
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM

simple geometry, actually. it's tough to develop a great serve at only 5' 8".

Sapeod
02-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Taking a set off Roddick (no matter how bad he is) while having 38% 1st serves is pretty good. Berankis played pretty bad too, but Roddick still lost a set :lol:
Berankis on a good day >>> Roddick.

Fretchap
02-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Andy :bounce:

Seingeist
02-16-2011, 11:16 PM

Unfortunately, he is indeed not in explicit violation of any MTF rules.

However, I think that this is more of an indication of the inappropriateness of MTF's rules than of the appropriateness of F Mate's posts. Because his typically ignorant, trollish, gratuitously hostile, boorish posts are not in violation of any MTF rules, I think that there should be a few more added. ;)

A poster that is not directly wishing death threats or personal injury can still do an awful lot to make forums miserably tedious and hard to stomach. I'm sure the moderators understand this better than most.

Good start here for Roddick. I am greatly looking forward to the upcoming match with Tipsy.

fast_clay
02-17-2011, 01:26 AM
i have it on good authority that fed's mate is scheduled to be permabanned in april... just enjoy his supreme brand of idiocy while you can...