Djokovic and Australian Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic and Australian Open

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Definitely he loves playing at this hard court surface and as a whole there is no doubt IMO that he is most comfortable at this grand slam. Now a two time winner, and let's not forget that in both 2009, and 2010 it was factors outside his game which caused him to lose/forfeit. So my question is, could the Australian Open become for Djokovic what the FO is for Nadal, or Wimbledon was for Fed so many years?

I know there are a lot more good hard court players than there are on clay and grass, but he handled some of the best hard court players this year with relative ease.

jonathancrane
02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Definitely he loves playing at this hard court surface and as a whole there is no doubt IMO that he is most comfortable at this grand slam. Now a two time winner, and let's not forget that in both 2009, and 2010 it was factors outside his game which caused him to lose/forfeit. So my question is, could the Australian Open become for Djokovic what the FO is for Nadal, or Wimbledon was for Fed so many years?

I know there are a lot more good hard court players than there are on clay and grass, but he handled some of the best hard court players this year with relative ease.

:lol:

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 03:03 PM
:lol:

What's so funny? Against Roddick he took the first set, and then the heat absolutely destroyed him. Still can't and never will accept the organizers decision not to close the bloody roof. Against Tsonga last year, he was up 2-1 in sets and pretty much in cruise control, and then the vomiting began..These are all facts.

Fedal2010
02-15-2011, 03:05 PM

:spit: :smash: HAHHAHAH

bokehlicious
02-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Djokovic is neither Federer nor Nadal. Stop thinking that every good player can win 10+ slams...

Sri
02-15-2011, 03:06 PM
No. He hasn't been as consistent as Rafa has been at RG and Rog was at Wimbledon.

In fact I will argue that in the last few years, Rog has been more consistent at Aus Open than Djokovic has been.

Sonja1989
02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
What's so funny? Against Roddick he took the first set, and then the heat absolutely destroyed him. Still can't and never will accept the organizers decision not to close the bloody roof. Against Tsonga last year, he was up 2-1 in sets and pretty much in cruise control, and then the vomiting began..These are all facts.

Yes. Djokovic and heat... This is his problem and his allergy. (where did he withdraw due to this? madrid?)

Chartreuse
02-15-2011, 03:07 PM
I don't think Nole will win 6 or 7 AOs....

Fedal2010
02-15-2011, 03:08 PM
No. He hasn't been as consistent as Rafa has been at RG and Rog was at Wimbledon.

In fact I will argue that in the last few years, Rog has been more consistent at Aus Open than Djokovic has been.

Very true.
He seems to be just another blinded Serb.

i mean of course he has the rights to cheer for Nole, it´s his countryman.
But don´t show your love to him in such ridiculous arguments.

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Oh no, did I hurt the feelings of the ever so touchy bandwagoners here that support Nadal and Federer. Sorry for not knowing what my "reality" is, please experts, do teach me, just like many of you claimed Djokovic was done, he peaked early, Murray will have a better career, he can only beat a Fed with mono at a grand slam etc etc.

I love how he keeps defying the haters.

Sonja1989
02-15-2011, 03:11 PM
I think will be heat in Australia. Djoko will win maybe 2-3 title.

Sri
02-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Oh no, did I hurt the feeling of the ever so touchy bandwagoners here that support Nadal and Federer. Sorry for not knowing what my "reality" is, please experts, do teach me, just like many of you claimed Djokovic was done, he peaked early, Murray will have a better career, he can only beat a Fed with mono at a grand slam etc etc.

No, you were just factually wrong.:wavey:

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 03:13 PM
No, you were just factually wrong.:wavey:

How can I be factually wrong in a HYPOTHETICAL question?

Sri
02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
How can I be factually wrong in a HYPOTHETICAL question?

Because your argument was based on the past record of Nole (of whom I am a fan btw!). Past records are not hypothetical. Last 5 years, Roger has more points at AO than Nole has at AO. I would have supported your proposition if Nole had reached finals at AO09 and AO10.

TennisOnWood
02-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Djokovic is neither Federer nor Nadal. Stop thinking that every good player can win 10+ slams...

His mother thinks he is even better :p

duong
My guess is that it really depends on the weather.

Not only because Djokovic doesn't like the heat but also because a cool weather makes slow conditions and a quite low bounce in the Australian open.

Then these weather conditions are more favorable for him against Federer, but also would be against Nadal because the bounce is lower than when the weather is hot, and probably these conditions would also be more favorable against Del Potro because Del Potro would be more favoured by quick balls to be able to finish the point early.

Sri
Well, my mom thinks I am better too!

Nadull_tard
02-15-2011, 03:23 PM
If Djokovic can't deal with heat it means physical problems and it's a important part of the tennis craft as a entirety. This year he played mugs at day session, either Federer or Berdych would expose his weak immunity from weather conditions.
He owes AO titles to scheduling, nothing more.

Johnny Groove
02-15-2011, 03:24 PM

That is called lack of fitness.

Nole fan
02-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh no, did I hurt the feelings of the ever so touchy bandwagoners here that support Nadal and Federer. Sorry for not knowing what my "reality" is, please experts, do teach me, just like many of you claimed Djokovic was done, he peaked early, Murray will have a better career, he can only beat a Fed with mono at a grand slam etc etc.

Funny how these threads bother the hell out of fedal tards... proving that they fear the arriving of the new era... they can only hold onto the past of the glorious fedal... :zzz:

duong
02-15-2011, 03:27 PM
This year he played mugs at day session, either Federer or Berdych would expose his weak immunity from weather conditions.

also the night sessions were fresh this year comparing to previous years, except for the final and another few days.

But it's true that Troicki helped him very well : that match could have been tricky if Troicki had been fit because the weather was quite hot that day.

But he also managed to beat Almagro in 3 sets in day session, which was very good :yeah:

Sri
02-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Funny how these threads bother the hell out of fedal tards... proving that they fear the arriving of the new era... they can only hold onto the past of the glorious fedal... :zzz:
http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/afraid-2.jpg

Nole fan
02-15-2011, 03:28 PM

My mother also thinks he's better.

bokehlicious
02-15-2011, 03:29 PM

"new era" :lol: so within a few years Nole should have double digit slam count too? Gotta love the delusional bandwagoners, reminds me of the safinettes :tape: :awww: :hug:

Nole fan
02-15-2011, 03:30 PM
"new era" :lol: so within a few years Nole should have double digit slam count too? Gotta love the delusional bandwagoners, reminds me of the safinettes :tape: :awww: :hug:

Bandwagonners? :spit:

jonathancrane
02-15-2011, 03:31 PM

The arriving of the new era?
Are you joking?

Feb. 2011 is reminding me to Feb. 2008 on MTF

bokehlicious
02-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Bandwagonners? :spit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandwagon_effect

:hug:

MARTINBALDRIDGE
02-15-2011, 03:34 PM
If he continues to play like he has then for sure he 's gonna be very difficult for anyone to beat.

I think though that the clay court season will probably slow him down again and he's never done that well at Wimbledon.

He seems to have matured recently so who knows - maybe he could win another Slam this year.

I'd love it if he did but doubt that he will - prove me wrong Nole.

The Tennis Guy

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 03:36 PM
In AO 2008 and AO 2011 he only dropped one set in each tournament on route to winning. In 2009 he dropped two sets prior to the QF where he forfeited. In 2010, he dropped two sets prior to the QF where food poisoning defeated him.

In this time he has defeated: Federer in straights twice, Murray, Berdych, Tsonga, 3 years younger Ferrer and Hewitt..All very good HC players

Corey Feldman
02-15-2011, 03:38 PM
he can win all the AO tittles he wants as long as never Wimbledon

that will be the 1st slam of Murray, imagine the hate :cool: and if not him then Federer takes his 7th and 8th

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Because your argument was based on the past record of Nole (of whom I am a fan btw!). Past records are not hypothetical. Last 5 years, Roger has more points at AO than Nole has at AO. I would have supported your proposition if Nole had reached finals at AO09 and AO10.

Hey genius, 5 years ago Djokovic was an 18 year old kid, while Federer was just peaking in his prime years. What a comparison!

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 03:42 PM
he can win all the AO tittles he wants as long as never Wimbledon

that will be the 1st slam of Murray, imagine the hate :cool: and if not him then Federer takes his 7th and 8th

No hate, I actually wouldn't mind Murray winning Wimbledon (if Djokovic is eliminated, that is), anything to quiet these Fedal tards.

Shade
02-15-2011, 03:43 PM

The heat is part of the Australian Open. Need I remind you it's Australia in January? If they closed the roof for every match that was played under great heat it'd become an indoor tournament. That said, I don't think he can make this "his" tournament because the temperatures aren't going to be as cool every year as they were this year.

bokehlicious
02-15-2011, 03:43 PM
anything to quiet these Fedal tards.

Nole and Andy still have a long road to match those 25 slams.......... :awww: :sad: :hug:

Nole fan
02-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Nole and Andy still have a long road to match those 25 slams.......... :awww: :sad: :hug:

Don't worry, I don't care for the 16 slams, I wouldn't mind if Djokovic had just a few. I'm not a gloryhunter like you are.

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 03:47 PM
The heat is part of the Australian Open. Need I remind you it's Australia in January? If they closed the roof for every match that was played under great heat it'd become an indoor tournament. That said, I don't think he can make this "his" tournament because the temperatures aren't going to be as cool every year as they were this year.

It was bloody 61 degrees Celsius out there. Give me a break about the fitness, that has nothing to do with it, in many countries temperatures above 40 bring in a "state of emergency" and everyone is advised to stay indoors. It was a terrible and inhumane decision not to close the roof.

Nadull_tard
02-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Don't worry, I don't care for the 16 slams, I wouldn't mind if Djokovic had just a few. I'm not a gloryhunter like you are.

All Fed fans are gloryhunters in that case. The thing is that you're aware of the fact that Nole won't get even near to Federer's records, so the best strategy is to attack Fedtards having no further arguments.
There won't be any NOLE, NOLANDY or something like that era, Djokovic simply took the advantage of Nadal's injury and Fed's fatigue. Good for him.
He is not a multiple slam winner material, never was and never will be. He needs to rest for about a month after a cakewalk in Melbourne. :lol:
To compare, Federer and Nadal played back-to-back RG, Halle/Queens and Wimbledon countless times.

Big_Juicy
02-15-2011, 04:10 PM
All Fed fans are gloryhunters in that case. The thing is that you're aware of the fact that Nole won't get even near to Federer's records, so the best strategy is to attack Fedtards having no further arguments.
There won't be any NOLE, NOLANDY or something like that era, Djokovic simply took the advantage of Nadal's injury and Fed's fatigue. Good for him.
He is not a multiple slam winner material, never was and never will be. He needs to rest for about a month after a cakewalk in Melbourne. :lol:
To compare, Federer and Nadal played back-to-back RG, Halle/Queens and Wimbledon countless times.

Fed's mono, Fed's fatigue. Really, what's next? "Cake-walk" draw where he defeats Berdych, Fed, and Murray all in straights. The quantity of clowns at this place is worrisome.

duong
02-15-2011, 04:22 PM
I'm a Fedfan and I would be glad if Djokovic won many slams again :shrug:

After Federer he's my favourite one among the top-players and well, Federer is old now then I'm happy when Nole wins :worship:

Actually Fed played great against Djokovic in Australia imo, he's kept on playing well as he's done in recent months, the conditions (cool weather then quite slow conditions) suited Djokovic more but most of all, Djokovic played huge huge in that SF (less well in the final)

Actually I've always hoped that Djokovic would be Fed's successor : hope he keeps on this way, esp on clay :yeah:

bokehlicious
02-15-2011, 04:44 PM
Most people will remember the "hewitt era" more than the "djokovic era"... :o

Nole fan
02-15-2011, 05:21 PM

:retard:
Winning 2 slams technically makes you a multiple slam winner. Your arguments are absurd.