Marseille R1: Tursunov def. Dimitrov 6-7(6) 7-5 7-6(4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Marseille R1: Tursunov def. Dimitrov 6-7(6) 7-5 7-6(4)

Luinir
02-14-2011, 08:50 PM
Dimitrov had 4bps in the second set at 4-3* and most of them were on second serves. Then he got broken at 5-5. In the third set Dimitrov saves bp at *4-4. At 6-5* Tursunov was down 15-30 and second serve and saves the game. Also Grigor was up 3-1 in the tiebreak. Choke.

nole_no1
02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Well done Dima :woohoo:

Voo de Mar
02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
Dimitrov was two points away from winning the match in three different games.

Orka_n
02-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Grigor :o

Pirao666
02-14-2011, 08:53 PM
The Dimitrov bandwagon is derailed once again.

straitup
02-14-2011, 08:53 PM
Tursunov won a match like this :eek: Good to see him back playing some matches, and looks like he's at a better level than he was maybe all last year...

philosophicalarf
02-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Kinda funny Tursunov relentlessly doublefaulting all over the place. Twice had the minibreak in the first tiebreaker too.

Dimitrov usual problem against the heavier servers though: those returns.

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 08:56 PM
:crying2: I don't know what would I say...

tealeaves
02-14-2011, 08:59 PM
Useless.

Sapeod
02-14-2011, 09:05 PM
Keep doubting guys....

This was a very hard match for Tursunovm he had to dig deep and struggled to beat Grigor.

Grigor has a great year ahead....

Tipster13
02-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Tennis won

madmax
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Tennis won

affirmative

FlameOn
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Did Dimitrov push the umpire again?

Roamed
02-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Good win for Dima. Grigor fought hard against a hard opponent. It's not like he's a choker, he's 4-4 in deciding sets at ATP level, which is good considering how few ATP matches he's played so far.

nole_no1
02-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Well done Tursunov :woohoo:
Glad to see him back :worship:

Sapeod
02-14-2011, 09:10 PM
Tennis won
Tursunov is nothing more than a huge ballbasher with no plan b.

Yet, he must've played amazingly well, because today that was enough against Grigor.

Grigor is by far the more aesthetically pleasing to watch and to look at......tennis lost here, but it will win later in the year.

JeffCandoi
02-14-2011, 09:13 PM
another week, another wild card. SAME HISTORY :lol:

nadejda
02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
affirmative

this is not really helping Berankis, you know...

nadejda
02-14-2011, 09:15 PM
another week, another wild card. SAME HISTORY :lol:

what do you mean another?

madmax
02-14-2011, 09:17 PM

what does Berankis have to do with this thread?:rolleyes:
Not sure I'm following you here

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 09:27 PM

:lol: He know this, but he can't realistically thinking, because he is the biggest hater, who I have ever seen.

gindyo
02-14-2011, 09:31 PM
:lol: He know this, but he can't realistically thinking, because he is the biggest hater, who I have ever seen.

what does Berankis have to do with this thread?:rolleyes:
Not sure I'm following you here

Don't worry Nadejda we will go visit the "Berakis vs Rodick" thread after Rodick wipes the flour with him ;)

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Don't worry Nadejda we will go visit the "Berakis vs Rodick" thread after Rodick wipes the flour with him ;)

I think this madmax won't in MTF that night, would be better for him. :)

MalwareDie
02-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Very expected result. Dimitrov needs to keep improving and not be discouraged by this. He has a lot of potential.

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I'll go visit too because I have enought from him.

nadejda
02-14-2011, 09:36 PM
i am just amazed by some Lithanuans and their attempts to established a so-called rivarly between Grigor and Richard, very silly though, like them both.

madmax
02-14-2011, 09:37 PM
I think this madmax won't in MTF that night, would be better for him. :)

yet I'm asking you again, why are you bringing up Berankis into this thread? And it shouldn't even matter to you how he does against Roddick - you are free to come into any GM thread and mock him if you feel like it. I just think tennis won today, because I find Tursunov more talented and better player than Dimitrov. That's my opinion.

finishingmove
02-14-2011, 09:37 PM
expected

gindyo
02-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Right now all the big servers have the "Get out of jail free card" by serving hard to Grigor's backhand, but soon or later, he will close that door, and then we will talk again with all those haters and doubters.

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 09:43 PM
yet I'm asking you again, why are you bringing up Berankis into this thread? And it shouldn't even matter to you how he does against Roddick - you are free to come into any GM thread and mock him if you feel like it. I just think tennis won today, because I find Tursunov more talented and better player than Dimitrov. That's my opinion.

The answer is:
I'll go visit too because I have enought from him.

Anyway I don't remember I said "Berankis..." I said you are the biggest hater who I have ever seen.

I'm asking you also... There are players, who is in your option don't better than Grisho?

Aenea
02-14-2011, 09:49 PM

what does Ricardas have to do with the match today and why are you dragging his name in this thread? :silly:

a bit closer this match, I was expecting an easier win for Tursunov as he's the more experienced of the two and he could have won in straights as he was leading *5-3 in the first TB.

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
what does Ricardas have to do with the match today and why are you dragging his name in this thread? :silly:

a bit closer this match, I was expecting an easier win for Tursunov as he's the more experienced of the two and he could have won in straights as he was leading *5-3 in the first TB.

I understand you, but you don't know the full story. Madmax is happy always if Grigor lost.

gindyo
02-14-2011, 09:56 PM

we are bringing him because we know why you are spaming all Grigor's threads, even the ones that are not under "General Messages", and why you hate him so much. Because he is more talented and popular ("hyped" if you wish) then your countryman and is steeling the spotlight from Berankis. Sadly for you that is how its going to be till the end.

nadejda
02-14-2011, 09:56 PM

i kinda disagree here, mocking Berankis if he lost should not have to be done. i am sick of the youngsters bashing whenever they lost a match. give the kids a break!

Allez
02-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Honestly I have no idea why the hell Grisha is not playing in America right now :rolleyes: His team were overly ambitious to believe he would be a threat at these European tournaments.

Let the kid get out there on the grind with his peers. It was good enough for Muzza a few years back. It's all about getting into the habit of winning matches.;)

nadejda
02-14-2011, 10:02 PM

sure he doesn't:)

it was sort of a replica to a hater mocking regularly in other threads

madmax
02-14-2011, 10:02 PM
we are bringing him because we know why you are spaming all Grigor's threads, even the ones that are not under "General Messages", and why you hate him so much. Because he is more talented and popular ("hyped" if you wish) then your countryman and is steeling the spotlight from Berankis. Sadly for you that is how its going to be till the end.

funny how you are mentioning his name all the time and mocking him, yet he has better results at slams and is ranked higher than more "talented" Dimitrov (whatever that means anyway). And yeah, I could care less about popularity contests on GM - results are what matter to me:wavey:

gindyo
02-14-2011, 10:03 PM
i kinda disagree here, mocking Berankis if he lost should not have to be done. i am sick of the youngsters bashing whenever they lost a match. give the kids a break!

To tell you the truth I have nothing against Berankis and I could care less whether he losses or wins. I am just doing it because I know that he is Madmax's favorite player.

nadejda
02-14-2011, 10:08 PM
funny how you are mentioning his name all the time and mocking him, yet he has better results at slams and is ranked higher than more "talented" Dimitrov (whatever that means anyway). And yeah, I could care less about popularity contests on GM - results are what matter to me:wavey:

mocker complaining being mocked:p

FlameOn
02-14-2011, 10:10 PM
Sucks for Bulgaria that their only prospect is a guy that gives niddle finger to and pushes umpires. :lol:

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Madmax, honestly I understand you. Really. But better if you are thinking only Berankis. This hating is very unintelligible, you make bad only for yourself. Better is you believe me. I had same the last year.

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Sucks for Bulgaria that their only prospect is a guy that gives niddle finger to and pushes umpires. :lol:

Verdasco was better in Nice? I like Nando but that was very ugly.

FlameOn
02-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Verdasco was better in Nice? I like Nando but that was very ugly.
Nando was bad, but the crowd just got to him. Grisha only did those things to the umpire because he lost. :lol:

madmax
02-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Madmax, honestly I understand you. Really. But better if you are thinking only Berankis. This hating is very unintelligible, you make bad only for yourself. Better is you believe me. I had same the last year.

to tell you the truth I don't have anything against the guy personally - I just make fun of his delusional bandwagoning tards, who are flooding this forum with their agenda. Not that this forum isn't troll-infested anyway, but they don't raise the quality of it anyhow

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Nando was bad, but the crowd just got to him. Grisha only did those things to the umpire because he lost. :lol:

Yes, but Grisho got his suspension and he won't make this again. He learned his mistake.

JeffCandoi
02-14-2011, 10:21 PM
btw I'm not a hater.. only I'm not a crazy lover of him

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 10:21 PM
to tell you the truth I don't have anything against the guy personally - I just make fun of his delusional bandwagoning tards, who are flooding this forum with their agenda. Not that this forum isn't troll-infested anyway, but they don't raise the quality of it anyhow

If this is funny for you... I don't care already.

gindyo
02-14-2011, 10:23 PM

Madmax, I have a friendly suggestion. Lets make a bet. Since you are talking about results, lets give them some time, say the week after the points won at Wimbledon kick in, if that week Grigor is ranked before Berankis you will close your account at this forum and will never post on Grigors threads anymore. If Berankis is ahead of Grogor I will close my account and will never post anything on Berankis threads. Lets make it interesting.

FedererBulgaria
02-14-2011, 10:24 PM
Grigor:o

All hater...hahahah...nice kids:cool:

nadejda
02-14-2011, 10:27 PM

i couldn't agree more with this :worship:

madmax
02-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Madmax, I have a friendly suggestion. Lets make a bet. Since you are talking about results, lets give them some time, say the week after the points won at Wimbledon kick in, if that week Grigor is ranked before Berankis you will close your account at this forum and will never post on Grigors threads anymore. If Berankis is ahead of Grogor I will close my account and will never post anything on Berankis threads. Lets make it interesting.

first of all I don't even know why Berankis name was dragged into this thread (probably because insecure Dimitards feel the need to defend their hero by bashing another player)
second of all Berankis has basically no points to defend up intill the grass season starts...and he loves grass. If I were you, I wouldn't make any stupid bets buddy

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 10:32 PM
Nadejda, we will get used to this. He will go to my ignore list and that is all. I won't read his post more. I advise for you same. :)

FedererBulgaria
02-14-2011, 10:33 PM
first of all I don't even know why Berankis name was dragged into this thread (probably because insecure Dimitards feel the need to defend their hero by bashing another player)
second of all Berankis has basically no points to defend up intill the grass season starts...and he loves grass. If I were you, I wouldn't make any stupid bets buddy

May be Grigor has many points to defend!:mad:STOP this hating all,this is a thread for 1R match in Marseille!!!!:devil:If u want to say something pls go in Grigor`s forum!Thank u!

nadejda
madmax

lol i just thought you said something reasonable and you just blow it out, lol

i gave up :lol::lol:

gindyo

I also agree to a certain extend. Some of grigor's fans are really over the top - like predicting that he will be in top 10 by the end of the year and stuff like that. But to blatantly deny his potential of being a top player is just as delusional.

gindyo
02-14-2011, 10:35 PM

so I take it you "put your money where you mouth is"?

Judging by the PM you sent me and the fact english is not your native language I guess you don't know what the expression above means. It means - are you ready to bet on what you just said. Sorry for not clarifying.
And if you knew what it meant then I really think you are pathetic.

gindyo
02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
MadMaaaaaaax where are youuuuu. Are you taking the "stupid" bet or you will chicken-out :)

JeffCandoi
02-14-2011, 10:48 PM
we are spending many time with ATP number 84 ...

let's talk about Kavcic now, ok?

Shirogane
02-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Tursunov :yeah:

Elbarto
02-14-2011, 11:28 PM
bad schedule for Dimitrov, he should play San Jose/Memphis instead of Marseille, the draw in Memphis seems less dangerous than Marseille

Gêmeos
02-14-2011, 11:29 PM
always happy to see this mug lose

JeffCandoi
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
bad schedule for Dimitrov, he should play San Jose/Memphis instead of Marseille, the draw in Memphis seems less dangerous than Marseille

he plays where he has wc

n8
02-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Dimitrov was two points away from winning the match in three different games.

Damn.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-15-2011, 12:09 AM
Honestly I have no idea why the hell Grisha is not playing in America right now :rolleyes: His team were overly ambitious to believe he would be a threat at these European tournaments.

Let the kid get out there on the grind with his peers. It was good enough for Muzza a few years back. It's all about getting into the habit of winning matches.;)

It's because he's based in Europe and has had success on similar courts.

As for the match i didn't see it as THERE WAS NO LIVE STREAM :mad: BUT after following the score Grigor was ahead the whole time and couldn't convert his chances. I LIKE THAT, it shows that it isn't about his game which will be a world beater it's with his mind. HE HAS THE ABILITY

It's all mental with grigor and imagine what a monster he will be once his game clicks in to place completely and he is challenging Roger in the record books. IMAGINE, he just needs a win to get things going and he's getting closer and CLOSER. It's coming and i CANT WAIT.

Dissapointing reslut but Grigor will leanr from this and it will help him in the long run. Grigor is almost above 250's anyway, Indian Wells is coming up and thats more important. Remember that many have come from Holland with flu. Just something to think about.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-15-2011, 12:11 AM
MadMaaaaaaax where are youuuuu. Are you taking the "stupid" bet or you will chicken-out :)

ignore him. As you said he's jealous that Grigors future greatness will overshadow is fave's mediocre career's. He knows what Grigor will become and he is sweating with nerves at the thoughts of it.

jmf07
02-15-2011, 12:15 AM
As for the match i didn't see it as THERE WAS NO LIVE STREAM :mad: BUT after following the score Grigor was ahead the whole time and couldn't convert his chances. I LIKE THAT, it shows that it isn't about his game which will be a world beater it's with his mind. HE HAS THE ABILITY

It's all mental with grigor and imagine what a monster he will be once his game clicks in to place completely and he is challenging Roger in the record books. IMAGINE, he just needs a win to get things going and he's getting closer and CLOSER. It's coming and i CANT WAIT.

Not exactly a great thing and he only needs to ask Tursunov himself about that. You can always work on the game at his age but there have been many cases where you can never fix the mental side of things. There is a good chance though that it may come with experience but it's not a given that his game will click.

Fire__
02-15-2011, 12:17 AM
Grigors future greatness will overshadow is fave's mediocre career's..

I will try to work with You, my friend. repeating - One letter at a comment.

JeffCandoi
02-15-2011, 12:20 AM
It's all mental with grigor and imagine what a monster he will be once his game clicks in to place completely and he is challenging Roger in the record books.

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

SonicCRO
02-15-2011, 12:27 AM
moron Dmitrov , and tursunov must save all bp he have big head we all know that hahahha

Ibracadabra
02-15-2011, 12:36 AM
I left with dimitry wining 5-3 in the first breaker assuming it would be NID.

gulzhan
02-15-2011, 01:54 AM
Happy for Mitya, but the score :eek:

*Jean*
02-15-2011, 04:40 AM
Dmitry :eek: :)
Grigor :hug:

Sonja1989
02-15-2011, 05:45 AM
he plays where he has wc

Are you serius??? In Rotterdam or Dubai has he WC?????
I have enough.

joplin
02-15-2011, 07:09 AM
good win for Dima, he really needs to get back to top 100 ASAP

Blackbriar
02-15-2011, 07:27 AM
A Dimitrov Moment

Nadull_tard
02-15-2011, 08:52 AM
Young and already a choker. Not promising at all.

n8
02-15-2011, 08:55 AM
Dimitrov was better in all stats (on ATP live scores) including points won.

FormerRafaFan
02-15-2011, 09:08 AM
Hmm, Raonic has proved himself to be the better player of the two, at least looking at their results from january and february this year. Who would have thought that a year ago? Raonic was still playing futures back then.

Anyway, this was just one loss for Dimitrov, and he lost one of the tiebreaks.. it's not that bad. It's not like he was crushed or something. He will have other chances, and he will win lots of matches in the upcoming tournaments. That I am sure of :)

Topspindoctor
02-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Dissapointing reslut but Grigor will leanr from this and it will help him in the long run. Grigor is almost above 250's anyway, Indian Wells is coming up and thats more important. Remember that many have come from Holland with flu. Just something to think about.

Tennis is at least 50% mental, he could have more talent than Federer and still not win anything. How many matches in his career Federer won on mental strength alone?

Shirogane
02-15-2011, 09:15 AM
More than you think he has.

Chris Kuerten
02-15-2011, 09:22 AM
he plays where he has wc
He played quali's in Rotterdam.

Topspindoctor
02-15-2011, 09:32 AM

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/546/90333862.gif

Pirao666
02-15-2011, 10:14 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again: if you think Grigor will finish inside the top 20 this season, you're on crack.

Blackbriar
02-15-2011, 10:31 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again: if you think Grigor will finish inside the top 20 this season, you're on crack.

:spit:

MalwareDie
02-15-2011, 03:13 PM

For once, I agree with you.

Sonja1989
02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Yes, top 20 in this year is impossible.

ossie
02-15-2011, 05:30 PM
this is what happens to players who are given the nickname 'babyfed'

Allez
02-15-2011, 05:55 PM
this is what happens to players who are given the nickname 'babyfed'

If Grigor has a similar career to Dancevic he will have done very well for himself :p

guichard
02-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Yup . The guy is yet to win two consecutive ATP main draw matches. Of course this can change next week

philosophicalarf
02-15-2011, 10:05 PM
When Dimitrov can win more than 1 in 6 first serve return points against anybody with serve bigger than Seppi's, then maybe he can be predicted to be going somewhere.

Zero breaks here.

fast_clay
02-15-2011, 10:24 PM
grigor needs to hit the roids

hope this helps

Thanos
02-15-2011, 10:31 PM
grigor needs to hit the roids

hope this helps

:scratch: then he end up killing even more umpires.

fast_clay
02-15-2011, 11:57 PM
:scratch: then he end up killing even more umpires.

there is no difference between killing one umpire and killing one million umpires... one is enough to make you a killer...

and we all know Dimitrov puts the laughter in manslaughter without the roids so juice on up today you fukn little hot head

The Matador
02-16-2011, 12:07 AM
Dimitrov had 4bps in the second set at 4-3* and most of them were on second serves. Then he got broken at 5-5. In the third set Dimitrov saves bp at *4-4. At 6-5* Tursunov was down 15-30 and second serve and saves the game. Also Grigor was up 3-1 in the tiebreak. Choke.
I feel i should add some things in the 3rd set dimitrov had 15-30 in 4 different service games and still didnt see a single bp in the 3rd set and apart from 1 game tursunov held every service game to 30.

Also dimitrov was 3-1 up in the 3rd set tie break serving aswell and somehow he managed to lose it 7-4.

Pretty poor from dimitrov just like against ram and mahut last year he loses another 3rd set breaker terrible how he couldnt even break tursunov all match 18 service games all held with him only facing bps on 1.

Sonja1989
02-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Do you can forgotten this incident against umpire? This was in last year. :(

Henry Chinaski
02-16-2011, 12:42 PM
there is no difference between killing one umpire and killing one million umpires... one is enough to make you a killer...

and we all know Dimitrov puts the laughter in manslaughter without the roids so juice on up today you fukn little hot head

to paraphrase Uncle Joe;

one dead umpire is a tragedy, a million dead umpires is a statistc