Isn't WTAWorld getting worse and worse? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Isn't WTAWorld getting worse and worse?

Ace Tracker
09-22-2002, 03:20 AM
populated by posters who don't seem to be older than 12, the WTA board is now full of senseless threads discussing stupidities like "name words for your fave player", "isn't she a goddess?" and so on...on top of that, some posters now believe that Serena can beat Hewitt, Venus would spank Haas, women hit the ball harder and the top WTA players woulld easily beat the top ATP counterparts..:rolleyes: there have always been nonsense in that board,but you could still fish out good threads and intelligent replies even on GM... unfortunately, it's getting harder and harder to find those lately...JMHO

Ada Monroe
09-22-2002, 05:09 AM
I think it's still good. I have learned to ignore the bad threads.

Poe
09-22-2002, 05:23 AM
that happens with any large board on any topic, and yeah if it continues to grow, the things you're describing will continue to worsen

but the thing with wtaworld is that it has a good team of moderators that enforce the rules... so regardless of its size and some of its immature threads, at least you don't have to put up with near as much shit as you do on some of the much smaller, poorly moderated boards, and you don't have to sift through a lot of outright offensive posts to find something worth reading

the fact is that the board is what its members choose to make it and if you dont like the topics that are there, you could always try starting some of your own on things that you like to discuss :) i'm sure there's other people who feel similar and would reply

harry_potter
09-22-2002, 10:43 AM
no idea... ;)

do we have moderators here? :confused: i don't see many

Luna_Angel_84
09-22-2002, 10:37 PM
Hey, wtaworld rocks cos it's the home of Jen's Den! :D

Lucas Arg
09-23-2002, 05:48 AM
You can choose where to post. I know there are a lot of useless threads, I just don't read any of them.

ys
09-23-2002, 06:18 AM
The only real difference between two boards - there is no Williams brothers on ATP. And the rest of the differences simply follows from that one. No race cards, no profanities, no scandals, no catfights, no freethinkers and other grandslammed..

Chloe le Bopper
09-23-2002, 06:32 AM
lmao @ ys :D

Chloe le Bopper
09-23-2002, 06:33 AM
I used to attempt to chime in with something intelligent to say every now and then on that board, but then I just got fed up and gave up.

Now I go there when I need to kill time and want to have a major brain fart.

Hey, at least I admit it :p

saki
09-23-2002, 12:15 PM
I think it's gone downhill since I left. :p

harry_potter
09-23-2002, 12:53 PM
lol :D

Chloe le Bopper
09-26-2002, 09:54 AM
Saki, you left :eek:

Nimi
09-26-2002, 11:04 AM
So true. Posters there who call themselves "Freethinkers" & "Open-minded" are usually Williams fans. & when you have one of those....
But NT there still rox

Ada Monroe
09-26-2002, 11:58 AM
Well right now it's non-existent so yeah I agree. LOL!

Beat
09-26-2002, 12:16 PM
saki, you're here :eek: ? I thought you had to study! ;)

anyway: yeah it's true, some threads and posters are horrible, but that's the nature of things. there are others who seem very smart and sometimes really funny. you have to be picky.
all the moaners got a real spanking by poe yesterday, and now everybody has shut up ;) :cool:

vbn
09-26-2002, 12:26 PM
It's not difficult to spot the shite threads, just don't go anywhere near them if you don't want to read it...

TheBoiledEgg
09-26-2002, 12:35 PM
i try to do that but most of them are pretty useless.

irma
09-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Beat
and now everybody has shut up ;) :cool:

guess I missed something ;)

harry_potter
09-26-2002, 01:04 PM
:D :D

griffin
09-26-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by y_s
The only real difference between two boards - there is no Williams brothers on ATP. And the rest of the differences simply follows from that one. No race cards, no profanities, no scandals, no catfights, no freethinkers and other grandslammed..

:rolleyes:

If the Williams Fans were were the only people on that board being rude and crude, it would be a friendlier place.

I happen to remember the Sanex boards before they were the Sanex boards, and Hingis was still dominating and Steffi was still around. And I remember who's fans got the most defensive/obnoxious and stirred the most shit then. They weren't Willi fans.

We should all worry more about our own behavior and less about "who's to blame"

JelenaDokicIsHot
09-26-2002, 02:44 PM
Some people need to lighten up, lol

Some crap threads for you are good for others, good threads for you are crap for others.

Why waste your time complaining and adding to the crap threads, pointless if you ask me

Cue bad comments over the internet, scary stuff!!!! :eek:

The Crow
09-26-2002, 02:55 PM
*agreeing with JDIH*

saki
09-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Saki, you left :eek:

Heh, yeah. I've just started a masters course in a new place, many miles from most of my friends. WTAworld just started to take up too much of my time & had ceased to really be enjoyable. I was finding myself just wasting too much time posting on it, time which I now feel I should be devoting to study & keeping up with my "real" friends. Still read threads every couple of days or so, though...

Experimentee
09-26-2002, 03:59 PM
Its the people who blame Williams fans for anything and everything that are making the board crap. It takes two to tango

The Crow
09-26-2002, 04:21 PM
Please, don't start this stupid discussion all over again :(

Daniel
09-26-2002, 04:53 PM
:D :D

Gambill_Rules
09-26-2002, 10:09 PM
I still think its great!

But i have noticed the bad on the board theres a lot of silly threads!

griffin
09-26-2002, 10:18 PM
What's wrong with that? I'd like to know....

;)

Poe
09-26-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Experimentee
Its the people who blame Williams fans for anything and everything that are making the board crap. It takes two to tango

that statement is a contradiction

you just put all the blame on one party and then said "it takes two to tango"

the williams fans are just as responsible for the shit that goes on over there as everyone else :)

jrm
09-26-2002, 10:51 PM
there i am going to say: there are some posters who haven't got anything better to do then droll over their beloved ones. If they lose the world colides and if they win well you get my drift. I am sorry to say but posters like this truely make me hate certain players and i am ashemed to admit that

Rocketta
09-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Wow no Williams brothers on the ATP but certain posters still have to bring their name up. :confused: It boggles my mind how uppity some people are and how high they put themselves on a pedestal. Get real people. The people who took this opportunity to talk smack about certain groups have shown yourselves to be just like the ones your complaining about.

Now when the argument continues or gets out of hand I'm sure its going to the Williams fans fault. :rolleyes: seems to me a lot of you get off on the arguing or else you wouldn't go out of your way to bait the people you'll talking about.

I agree with Experimentee, "It takes two to tango" stop dancing if you're so bothered by it.

Chloe le Bopper
09-27-2002, 12:22 AM
awwww, is it time for a group hug? :D

Poe
09-27-2002, 12:25 AM
I agree with Experimentee, "It takes two to tango" stop dancing if you're so bothered by it.

you could take your own advice considering everything you just posted :)

Rocketta
09-27-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Poe

you could take your own advice considering everything you just posted :)

I'm not the one complaining about wtaworld going down or any group of posters being the cause of it. My advice is if it is bothering you stop contributing to it. Unlike like some people I don't need to label an entire group of fans as the cause of anything.

When I don't want to argue I don't when I do want to I do. I sure don't pretend my enjoyment of anything is related to what any group says or does not say.

Like I said the people complaining about certain fans only did so to bait those particular fans in hopes of starting an argument while they talk out the side of their neck about how they are tired of this or that.

This thread was not about one poster or one group of fans but some have tried to make it that way so if this thread turns into a typical negative not worth anything kind of thread don't blame Williams fans blame those who started it.

Chloe le Bopper
09-27-2002, 05:56 AM
I can't wait untill WTAWorld opens again so that these lame fan wars can go back to where they belong :D

disposablehero
09-27-2002, 06:03 AM
Regardless of whether or not I think y_s is right about the reasons, if I was a Williams fan I'd want to fire back to that kind of statement. So its an opinion best left unsaid.

Chloe le Bopper
09-27-2002, 06:11 AM
I don't think ys pointed the finger at Williams fans.

I interpreted it both ways - I would guess that 75% of the crap about the Williams sisters on the other boards are started by someone who doesn't like them who decides to say something ridiculous. ("Venus is Cocky").

So should the WIlliams "haters" be defending themselves too ;)? And everyone who is neither who ends up getting into it (yours truly for example)?

;);)

Nimi
09-27-2002, 08:52 AM
No! Jenn fans are :angel:s!

Raisin
09-27-2002, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Rocketta
Wow no Williams brothers on the ATP but certain posters still have to bring their name up. :confused: It boggles my mind how uppity some people are and how high they put themselves on a pedestal. Get real people. The people who took this opportunity to talk smack about certain groups have shown yourselves to be just like the ones your complaining about.

Now when the argument continues or gets out of hand I'm sure its going to the Williams fans fault. :rolleyes: seems to me a lot of you get off on the arguing or else you wouldn't go out of your way to bait the people you'll talking about.

Good points Rocketta:cool:
Say it like it is:p

harry_potter
09-27-2002, 11:28 AM
:)

JelenaDokicIsHot
09-27-2002, 01:57 PM
*laughing myself silly at people who are making this an issue*

Thee are people i know, who think people who post on messageboards are sad, let alone pick petty arguements

Come on make me laugh ;)

harry_potter
09-28-2002, 12:03 AM
*tickle* :D

Deira
09-28-2002, 06:09 AM
I'm with you Rocketta, it is truly mind boggling. I just joined ATPworld about a half hour ago. I came to non-tennis solely to get a feel for what kind of posts and posters it has. Lo and behold, it's the same stuff. I guess the Williams sisters and their fans must be truly mesmerizing ;)

Allie
09-28-2002, 06:14 AM
Oh come on, geesh. If WTAworld is that bad, why are you all still going there and reading all those threads? The fact that some of you actually go read and contributes to them just makes no sense. If you hate the threads so much, may I suggest that you don't read them, or better yet, just don't even go to the site at all... doubt that would happen..... :rolleyes:

Barrie_Dude
09-28-2002, 07:21 AM
:kiss: :lick: @Alexis! Your lips are almost as sweet as Daniels!

Allie
09-28-2002, 08:36 AM
oh piss off. :rolleyes:

Barrie_Dude
09-28-2002, 08:38 AM
:hearts: :hearts: I love it when you talk dirty to me!;) :p :rolleyes:

the cat
09-29-2002, 12:03 AM
Alot of people complain about WTA World. But almost everyone keeps going back there! :eek:

Experimentee and Rocketta made profound points! :)

Go Nalby
09-29-2002, 03:33 AM
WTAWorld is far superior to the AOL board, where I posted for years until recently. That board used to be so much fun, but it has now deteriorated into total sludge. :(

Rocketta
09-29-2002, 03:36 AM
Well here's hoping WTAWorld comes back up and we can all go back to our love/hate relationship! :D

Marri
09-29-2002, 02:02 PM
:bounce:

*hug*

JelenaDokicIsHot
09-29-2002, 03:58 PM
I still find it funny, people waste there time moaning :rolleyes:

Chloe le Bopper
09-29-2002, 08:31 PM
But JDIH, don't you add to it by bitching about them? ;)

JelenaDokicIsHot
09-29-2002, 08:58 PM
Yeah, but winding ppl up is fun ;)

Chloe le Bopper
09-29-2002, 09:45 PM
JDIH, Some people are SO easy to wind up! Get over it :rolleyes:

;) ;)

JelenaDokicIsHot
09-29-2002, 09:46 PM
lol, cheeky ;)

Chloe le Bopper
09-29-2002, 09:48 PM