Rotterdam SF: World #4 def. Troicki 7-5 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rotterdam SF: World #4 def. Troicki 7-5 6-4

Chiakifug
02-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Good, top 4 win. Final against his bitch.

rocketassist
02-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Soderking :rocker2:

The OP, stop being an attention seeking little bitch, capiche?

DrJules
02-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Could you please use the player's name rather than having a dig at "Terra Massive" or whatever he is called these days.

GlennMirnyi
02-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I wonder what the hell Troicki's doing in a atp SF.

Guy's got no game.

rocketassist
02-12-2011, 07:11 PM

Guy's got no game.

If Boredo and Simon can be no 5 in the world with no game....

MalwareDie
02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Soderking to beat Tsonga next.

simplet
02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm pretty sure if I was a pro tennis player and I had to play Soderling indoors I would just start sobbing. Not cry when I learn that I need to play him, because I'm afraid or anything. I would go on court, play a few balls, and then when he starts to brutalize me I would just start to whine and cry softly, and pray that noone notices

GlennMirnyi
02-12-2011, 07:13 PM
If Boredo and Simon can be no 5 in the world with no game....

Yeah... it's a weak era after all.

superganon
02-12-2011, 07:15 PM
soderling playing with much game left...tsonga should have no chance against RS since there history is in RS favor and sod can read the frenchmans serve pretty good. tho need to win tomoz to hold nr 4 rank. murray should be sad missing this chance making a good week while sod only plays under pressure. soderling is a fluke?

Jomp1
02-12-2011, 07:17 PM
The theme in Robin's matches have been late breaks, he's just stepping up on the returns seemingly. :yeah: Troicki stayed in the second set for too long though, but he did some clutch serving at break points.

rocketassist
02-12-2011, 07:19 PM
soderling playing with much game left...tsonga should have no chance against RS since there history is in RS favor and sod can read the frenchmans serve pretty good. tho need to win tomoz to hold nr 4 rank. murray should be sad missing this chance making a good week while sod only plays under pressure. soderling is a fluke?

Robin is no fluke. Indoor monster, and the third best player at RG the last two or three years.

DrJules
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Should be favourite for tomorrow.

FlameOn
02-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Ajde Robin. :hearts:

Chiakifug
02-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Soderking :rocker2:

The OP, stop being an attention seeking little bitch, capiche?

kkkk gurl, luv ya ttyl babez!!

emotion
02-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Robin is no fluke. Indoor monster, and the third best player at RG the last two or three years.

Third best? In last 2 years the points are:

Soderling 2400
Federer 2360
Nadal 2180

DrJules
02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm pretty sure if I was a pro tennis player and I had to play Soderling indoors I would just start sobbing. Not cry when I learn that I need to play him, because I'm afraid or anything. I would go on court, play a few balls, and then when he starts to brutalize me I would just start to whine and cry softly, and pray that noone notices

Soderling 2400
Federer 2360
Nadal 2180

Soderling is probably as good as anybody indoors. Djokovic and Murray would probably have had their defence punctured by Soderling here.

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 09:20 PM
First: Congrats Soderling. Final!!! :bounce:

:lol: Circa

Guy's got no game.

I agree with you now. :)
Troicki isn't bad but semifinal in atp 500 semifinal....

mark73
02-12-2011, 09:34 PM

play this 40482 times and thats glenn myrnyi.

DrJules
02-12-2011, 09:37 PM

Are you sure it is a weak era.

You may not like their style of tennis, but that does not make it a weak era.

FlameOn
02-12-2011, 09:38 PM

Soderling 2400
Federer 2360
Nadal 2180

Wow that's pretty awesome. SoderKing of indoors. :worship:

mark73
02-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Are you sure it is a weak era.

You may not like their style of tennis, but that does not make it a weak era.

Dr jules he repeats it all the time. According to him tennis players unlike other atletes (e,g usain bolt) got worse in the last 8 years (which can have no rational explanation). :eek:

mark73
02-12-2011, 09:48 PM

Thats not indoors thats at RG in pat two years.

2F for soder
1w 1q for fed
1w 1R16 for nad

Aenea
02-12-2011, 09:49 PM
So? He played SF last year in 500 Tokyo. What is the problem with Rotterdam now?

shuhrat
02-12-2011, 09:50 PM

Soderling 2400 = 2 Finals
Federer 2360 = 1 Win + 1 QF
Nadal 2180 = 1 Win + 1 R4
He means AT Roland Garros. ;)
Soderling is probably as good as anybody indoors. Djokovic and Murray would probably have had their defence punctured by Soderling here.
Still it doesn't change the fact that Robin is one of the best players indoor though, even before the breakthrough.

Edit: mark73, you beat me to it. :p

Nole fan
02-12-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm starting to think that Soderling will never win a slam. He only does good at smaller events and so far he has only won 1 MS and he's 26! He's hugely overrated, much more than Murray. He'll always be a dangerous player in slams but he will not win any.

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 09:55 PM
So? He played SF last year in 500 Tokyo. What is the problem with Rotterdam now?

I know. :) No problem. But Rotterdam is very strong tournament and I don't thought Troicki can do it. He has luck too because Ferrer was bad against Nieminen and Cilic is Cilic...
Tokyo was another. That tournament was weak. I mean Marseille has better entry list than Tokyo.

Jomp1
02-12-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm starting to think that Soderling will never win a slam. He only does good at smaller events and so far he has only won 1 MS and he's 26! He's hugely overrated, much more than Murray. He'll always be a dangerous player in slams but he will not win any.

You can not see it like that. Soderling is in his prime right now - physically, mentally, game-wise. The MS win was three months ago, not three years ago when he was Murray's current age. Some players peak early, some late. Soderling has his window right now, it's arguably a smaller window of opportunity than Murray because of age, but his chances now are as good as ever and that's what matters.

Also I didn't know players were overrated because of no Slams? That makes many players in the history of tennis overrated.

emotion
02-12-2011, 10:01 PM

That's not indoor points. That's points from RG

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 10:02 PM
You can not see it like that. Soderling is in his prime right now - physically, mentally, game-wise. The MS win was three months ago, not three years ago when he was Murray's current age. Some players peak early, some late. Soderling has his window right now, it's arguably a smaller window of opportunity than Murray because of age but his chances now are as good as ever right now and that's what matters.

Ignore... :hug:
If players like Soderling can playing two finals in row he can win GS too.

shuhrat
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
But the story was the same with Nole before this 2nd AO title. He played great in 500 series, which he didn't need to face any top 4 players, but couldn't win a single Master 1000 title for a year. Also it took a year and a half from '08 Rome(4th) to '09 Bercy(5th).

Aenea
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I know. :) No problem. But Rotterdam is very strong tournament and I don't thought Troicki can do it. He has luck too because Ferrer was bad against Nieminen and Cilic is Cilic...
Tokyo was another. That tournament was weak. I mean Marseille has better entry list than Tokyo.
Not this year, no. And if you compare the fields for both 500 tournaments they are the same players - Gulbis, Melzer, Llodra, Tsonga, Lopez (Nadal and Roddick for Tokyo to Soderling and Murray for Rotterdam)

Chiakifug
02-12-2011, 10:11 PM

At least he has the balls to beat Federer and Nadal in a Slam, unlike a certain Scot... If Sod hadnt been drawn against those 2 in the quarters of like 8 of the past 10 Slams he could have gotten even better results.

shuhrat
Oh, come on, this is his 3rd SF in 500. :o

Sonja1989
Not this year, no. And if you compare the fields for both 500 tournaments they are the same players - Gulbis, Melzer, Llodra, Tsonga, Lopez (Nadal and Roddick for Tokyo to Soderling and Murray for Rotterdam)

And Ferrer, Berdych, Youzhny, Ljubicic...

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Oh, come on, this is his 3rd SF in 500. :o

In Tokyo he beated only Melzer (but only 2 tie-break)
In Rotterdam I said only luck.
What was the third?

But I don't care Troicki. I'm shitting this guy, really.

end

Aenea
02-12-2011, 10:18 PM
And Ferrer, Berdych, Youzhny, Ljubicic...
Ferrer? The one who withdraw from his next tournament due to personal reasons? Youzhny? You mean the one who barely beat Blaz Kavcic at AO and lost to Milos Raonic? And in exchange for Ljubo there was Monfils in Tokyo.
Do not underestimate Troicki. He has given hard time to top players more than once.

shuhrat
02-12-2011, 10:23 PM
In Tokyo he beated only Melzer (but only 2 tie-break)
In Rotterdam I said only luck.
What was the third?

But I don't care Troicki. I'm shitting this guy, really.

end
If you want to make comments like those, get your fact straight at least.
And thank you. Stop caring about him, please.

Oh, and the 2nd was Basel last year. The guy has reached SF in every 500 tournament he entered for last 6 months.

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Ferrer? The one who withdraw from his next tournament due to personal reasons? Youzhny? You mean the one who barely beat Blaz Kavcic at AO and lost to Milos Raonic? And in exchange for Ljubo there was Monfils in Tokyo.
Do not underestimate Troicki. He has given hard time to top players more than once.

8 seeded Llodra was in Tokyo #28. In Rotterdam 8 seeded is Tsonga, who is 18. Tokyo is same tournament with Marseille.
I'm not underestimate Troicki. I said only his SF was surprise for me, because e.g. Ferrer or Cilic is better player.

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 10:28 PM
If you want to make comments like those, get your fact straight at least.
And thank you. Stop caring about him, please.

Oh, and the 2nd was Basel last year. The guy has reached SF in every 500 tournament he entered for last 6 months.

Hmmm. Really. Basel. He defeated Berrer, Gasquet (and Mathieu by wo.)

Aenea
02-12-2011, 10:33 PM
BTW I just checked Marseille draw :lol: almost same field as in Rotterdam: Soderling, Llodra, Melzer, Ljubicic, Tsonga, Youzhny, Gulbis, Berdych + Simon, Davydenko, Tursunov, Dimitrov, Stakhovsky, Cilic, Clement, Petzschner, Haase. Isn't it funny :)

DrJules
02-12-2011, 10:35 PM

Possibly linked to Soderling achieving most of his tournament wins indoors (5 of 7 indoors) and there are no indoor GS events. Elsewhere there always seems to be one player, Federer or Nadal, who seem better than him.

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 10:41 PM
BTW I just checked Marseille draw :lol: almost same field as in Rotterdam: Soderling, Llodra, Melzer, Ljubicic, Tsonga, Youzhny, Gulbis, Berdych + Simon, Davydenko, Tursunov, Dimitrov, Stakhovsky, Cilic, Clement, Petzschner, Haase. Isn't it funny :)

But if you see the last direct acceptance: Marchenko (81) and Stakhovsy (46). Don't all the same.

shuhrat
02-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Hmmm. Really. Basel. He defeated Berrer, Gasquet (and Mathieu by wo.)
So what? It doesn't change the fact and with or without luck, it's him who has to make them count at the end of the day. :shrug:
Along with Queens/Halle, Marseilles usually has one of the toughest fields for a 250. It almost looks unfair. :lol:

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 10:49 PM
So what? It doesn't change the fact and with or without luck, it's him who has to make them count at the end of the day. :shrug:

I didn't say Troicki is bad player. But in all 3 tournament he beaten only one player from top 20. It was Melzer, Troicki won 7-6, 3-6, 7-6.

Corey Feldman
02-13-2011, 12:24 AM
gotta love Robin Bo Carl's celebrations when he wins

on your face Troicky

finishingmove
02-13-2011, 12:26 AM
troicki was OK

finishingmove
02-13-2011, 12:27 AM

soderling is becoming a better player than murray though not sure if he'll ever win a slam

Sunset of Age
02-13-2011, 01:03 AM
soderling is becoming a better player than murray though not sure if he'll ever win a slam
It's rather impossible to decide who is the 'better' player of the two in terms of sheer talent, but it's undisputable that Söderling has by far been the most consistent player of the two in the past 18 months or so, barely ever failing to at least meet his ranking position in all the tournaments he played during that period of time. Which cannot be said about Murray.
Once again, the rankings don't lie.

Whether that is any indication of any of the both of them ever winning a GS title - I dont know. Could well be, could well be not. Both of them still have some time left to achieve it.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-13-2011, 08:44 AM
First: Congrats Soderling. Final!!! :bounce:

:lol: Circa

hell yes 100% agreed. Troicki has to be one of the luckiest players i have ever seen excluding Nadal, and their luck is different. Victor in his matches is constantly getting lucky bounces,net cords,lucky shots pasting lines. he probably has a library full of lucky Troicki moments. Oh and don't get me started on his draws among other Lucky things. He's also an awful player to watch and his shotmaking if you can call it that is like an undeveloped teenagers ground game. His serve couldn't be more basic, HE IS BASIC. The fact that he is pushing top 20 shows a lack of depth in the top 10-40 area. His game really is a mercifully forgetful mess and it puzzles me to see such a low quality player achieved the recent success that he has achieved.

As for the match, Soderling as expected outplayed him in every regard. He's on another level to an overachiever like Victor and it showed in the way Sod controlled every rally.

Always good to see Troicki lose. Good riddance. Good for the game

ZaZoo)
02-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Poor Viktor, losing to all eventual champions in 2011:

Doha-Federer

Sydney-Simon

AO-Djokovic

Rotterdam-Soderling

Sucks but atp 500 SF not a bad result.