WWW San José SF: Verdasco or Del Potro? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

WWW San José SF: Verdasco or Del Potro?

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 09:07 AM
Verdasco is defending his title, I think he will win this match.
But Del Potro looks good, maybe he get got form soon. Sadly I don't know how is playing now.

Discuss.

The winner will play against Raonic in final. :)

henke007
02-12-2011, 09:13 AM
Delpo should end this in str8s...

ossie
02-12-2011, 09:18 AM
del potro in 2 easy sets

FlameOn
02-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Nando in 2 hopefully. :rocker:

FlameOn
02-12-2011, 09:29 AM
del potro in 2 easy sets

:lol: Can I have whatever you're smoking?

I'm not saying Delpo will lose, but Nando's been sharp this week, and Delpo's last opponent was a once effective counter-puncher, now weak pusher Hewitt. Ridiculous to think that this will be a near-walkover for Delpo. :retard:

FormerRafaFan
02-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Interesting match up for sure.. I hope Nando will win this, but it will probably be Delpo. I'll say Delpo in 2. I just hope Nando can prove me wrong!

MilosSs
02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
there is no fucking way Pony wins in 2. just for the record he is my fav player on tour but I've watched Dasco in San Jose and he's been playing some excellent tennis, forehand is stunningly well...

Certinfy
02-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Fucking hate matches like this :( Will support Juan but I just wish both could win :sad:

JMDP in 3.

Iván
02-12-2011, 11:08 AM
its a final, so del potro.

ZaZoo)
02-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Nando sadly..

tealeaves
02-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Del Potro 64 36 76

Nadull_tard
02-12-2011, 11:47 AM
Del Potro is a horrible match-up for players like Verdasco, completely neutralizes those dangerous left-handed spins and produces deep, powerful shots which are really damaging for Fiasco's gameplan.
All cross-court forehands by Nando will land on Potro's comfort zone, the only chance for The Spaniard is to exploit JM's movement and maybe lack of fitness( he wasn't tested physically here).

Pony in tight 2 sets.

latso
02-12-2011, 11:52 AM
Del Potro is a horrible match-up for players like Verdasco, completely neutralizes those dangerous left-handed spins and produces deep, powerful shots which are really damaging for Fiasco's gameplan.
All cross-court forehands by Nando will land on Potro's comfort zone, the only chance for The Spaniard is to exploit JM's movement and maybe lack of fitness( he wasn't tested physically here).

Pony in tight 2 sets.
You seem to be confusing Del Potro pre-injury and Del Potro post-injury...

Pony with a high percentage serve might make it a tight one, but the final winner is inevitably for the high ranked, in form, tittle defending player.

I don't expect it to be that tight actually, 6-4 6-4 or similar for Verdasco

Nadull_tard
02-12-2011, 12:01 PM
You seem to be confusing Del Potro pre-injury and Del Potro post-injury...

Pony with a high percentage serve might make it a tight one, but the final winner is inevitably for the high ranked, in form, tittle defending player.

I don't expect it to be that tight actually, 6-4 6-4 or similar for Verdasco

And you seem to underestimate match-ups. Del Potro has a huge mental advantage, I believe it's unarguable that Verdasco is a massive clown and can make a series of unexplainable UE. He didn't face anyone decent here, Istomin is no a threat for top players.

The time will tell who of us was right.

latso
02-12-2011, 12:10 PM
And you seem to underestimate match-ups. Del Potro has a huge mental advantage, I believe it's unarguable that Verdasco is a massive clown and can make a series of unexplainable UE. He didn't face anyone decent here, Istomin is no a threat for top players.

Match up is important ofc, but here it has no influence at all

the very best Pony played twice with Dasco and won tice in third set TB

Ofc it's hard to be less clutch than Nando in such situations, but not-at-his-best Pony will have to get into this third set TB first and then clutch it out, which this time is highly unprobable

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Match up is important ofc, but here it has no influence at all

the very best Pony played twice with Dasco and won tice in third set TB

Ofc it's hard to be less clutch than Nando in such situations, but not-at-his-best Pony will have to get into this third set TB first and then clutch it out, which this time is highly unprobable

Yeah, the best Del Potro beats Verdasco (in third set tie-break). But this isn't on this week. :)

ossie
02-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Fucking hate matches like this :( Will support Juan but I just wish both could win :sad:

JMDP in 3.
this i will never understand, if you like 2 players it should be a joy to see them take it too each other. iv'e been waiting for that fedal slam final for so long now it makes me sad :sad:

Certinfy
02-12-2011, 02:44 PM
this i will never understand, if you like 2 players it should be a joy to see them take it too each other. iv'e been waiting for that fedal slam final for so long now it makes me sad :sad:
:lol: Well it's different for me, I'm happy about that and I'm also happy that one of them will win but when watching a match like that it's kind of boring because you can't really support one over the other :(

Sonja1989
02-12-2011, 02:48 PM
:lol: Well it's different for me, I'm happy about that and I'm also happy that one of them will win but when watching a match like that it's kind of boring because you can't really support one over the other :(

Final would be better. Well? :)

FlameOn
02-12-2011, 06:55 PM

Pony in tight 2 sets.

:yawn: Their last meeting ended 7-6 in the third, and that was pre-injury del Potro. :lol: Keep hating though. :smoke:

Matt01
02-12-2011, 07:11 PM
I don't think Del Pony can win this yet :sad:

Del Vasco Verdasco in 3.

DrJules
02-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Too many unkowns regarding the form of Del Potro.

If I had to choose I would say Verdasco, but obviously if Del Potro plays near his best he will win.

FormerRafaFan
02-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I just read that Nando hasn't been broken yet in San Jose. He's actually playing well. I think people here underestimate him. Hell, I underestimated him!

I feel more and more now that he has a chance to win. He is confident now, winning more matches, playing better and better. While Delpo is coming back from an injury and his game isn't perfect yet. I think I'll actually favor Nando instead in this match up now that I've thought about it.

FlameOn
02-12-2011, 08:49 PM
I just read that Nando hasn't been broken yet in San Jose. He's actually playing well. I think people here underestimate him. Hell, I underestimated him!

I feel more and more now that he has a chance to win. He is confident now, winning more matches, playing better and better. While Delpo is coming back from an injury and his game isn't perfect yet. I think I'll actually favor Nando instead in this match up now that I've thought about it.
Well said. :worship:

joplin
02-12-2011, 09:04 PM
Verdasco is too much for del Potro at the moment, and has points to defend...so I´ll go with Verdasco in three

Getta
02-12-2011, 09:36 PM
i think Palito deserves a chance.

HDW
02-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Would love both of them to win :D

Nando in 2

Zagor
02-12-2011, 10:34 PM
I think Verdasco in 3,it's great to see Delpo playing decent lately though,hopefully he'll find his best form again soon.

tribalfusion
02-13-2011, 07:52 AM

I guess the time told, no?