Spring Hardcourts [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Spring Hardcourts

tangerine_dream
02-11-2011, 11:39 PM
So. Andy plays Richard Berankis in the first round of Memphis. He's also teaming up with Milos Raonic to play doubles.

Intriguing combo all around.

Brooklyn's "Just Go With It" opens this weekend and got splattered with a 19% reviewers rating (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/just_go_with_it_2010/) (79% audience rating) on Rotten Tomatoes.

I'm sure it'll do well enough to convince Hollywood geniuses to make more awful romantic comedies with Jennifer Aniston that nobody sees.

arodfanpe666o
02-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Sombody excited about spring HC season? Not me.

Deboogle!.
02-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Consiering the number of points Andy has to defend at the two masters events, I sure hope he is.

Deboogle!.
02-13-2011, 12:55 AM
andy's now in the doubles draw with Harrison. Interesting dynamic there :yeah:

Winston's Human
02-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Good moves by Raonic due to SJ success, and by Andy to team up with these hungry youngsters.

cobalt60
02-13-2011, 08:08 PM
This should be fun!

tsurupettan
02-13-2011, 08:26 PM
oh boy. well, here we go.

Fumus
02-14-2011, 06:33 PM

I prefer to call Ryan...'the future' or 'the chosen one'.

Hopefully Andy can grab some points, realistically though Deb how much will Andy have to win in order to stay in the top ten? Two 250 evens? Maybe some qrts or semis at the masters? Does that even sound realistic?

Deboogle!.
02-15-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm too lazy to look at the numbers and do any math but considering he's defending Finals at IW and a title (1000 points) at Miami............I dont see how he'll possibly stay in the top 10 come April :shrug:

OnyxRose
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I really am kind of meh about that. He had a good run. I want him to have a good run at a title here and there but I don't think it's feasible for him to be in the top any longer, not with the way he's playing and how others are starting to play better.

Feli lopez
02-16-2011, 01:59 AM
Andy beat Berankis. But in 3 sets :unsure:

tangerine_dream
02-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Andy better not lose to Tipsy again. :o

OnyxRose
02-16-2011, 01:43 PM
He probably will. I forgot he was playing last night.

Deboogle!.
02-16-2011, 08:07 PM
well he and harrison won in doubles. any match is a good match for andy these days :tape:

arodfanpe666o
02-17-2011, 12:13 PM
There are videos from Andy's matches in youtube.
It is nice to see Harrison so excited just to be on the same court with Andy.

Fumus
02-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the link to the vids arodfan...I like how Andy plays/returns aggressively in doubles (spanks a forehand return winner to finish the match) and yet when I watch the singles he's chipping returns into play, rolling over forehands and slicing. Something is wrong with this picture.

Winston's Human
02-17-2011, 05:13 PM
I am glad that Andy reaches out to upcoming players. It is such a refreshing change from prior top US players who only seemed to look at newcomers with bitterness.

tangerine_dream
02-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Andy's a legend with the juniors. They all want to be like him when they grow up. :cool:

andymo
02-17-2011, 08:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOFFq0WgQE

arodfanpe666o
02-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Good he won against Tipsarevic. Tough match up for Andy. Also good he won close tiebreak. This does not happen that often these days.

What bothers me is that from the beginning of the season, he gets broken every time. The are maybe 2 matches, when he did not.

tangerine_dream
02-18-2011, 09:14 PM
Rocky vs BamBam tonight. Bring it. http://i53.tinypic.com/1zzqmw2.gif

arodfanpe666o
02-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Just watched the tape(could not get it live. Andy is not playing great tennis, but beating Hewitt is always nice victory. At least he is showing some fighting spirit, which really was not the case in Australia.

tsurupettan
02-19-2011, 10:03 PM
nice win! i loved his reaction at the end.

it'll be interesting against raonic, hopefully andy's serve is on.

tangerine_dream
02-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Great for Andy to notch his first win over Del Potro. :yeah: He has now reached his 50th career final. :worship:

But his shoulder's injured and he doesn't do well against big servers, so I fear he'll lose to Raonic in the final. The Raonic bandwagon even become even more obnoxious, blech.

Deboogle!.
02-19-2011, 10:15 PM
what happened to his shoulder? He seemed to be serving fine even at the end :confused:

tangerine_dream
02-19-2011, 10:22 PM
He seemed to pull something early in the second set, gave a kind of yelp, then got treatment on it. Served okay after that but still, when the adrenaline wears off he'll be hurting tonight. Hope he'll be able to recover for tomorrow.

Deboogle!.
02-19-2011, 10:37 PM
ah ok thanks, hopefully it's just sore from not playing for a couple weeks. Big chance for him tomorrow to actually gain some points.

Deboogle!.
02-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Roddick said he has been having trouble looking left with a bit of a pinched nerve and will get more treatment before the final.
The treatment helped as Roddick held serve with three straight aces on his next service game, and he took control of the match by breaking del Potro in a fifth game where they were knotted at deuce five times before Roddick broke again on his third break point when the Argentinian put a backhand into the net.

http://stats.cbc.ca/tennis/story.asp?i=20110219192840024007908&ref=hea&tm=&src=

he's had that problem before - in Memphis no less if i recall correctly. hopefully it's not too bad :o

Fumus
02-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I thought he played a really good match, a nice mix of aggressive play and defense against Delpo. Hopefully he can continue to be more aggressive as the season goes on.

seljanin
02-20-2011, 11:02 PM
What a final shot to win the match :banana: That was one of sickest diving shots I've ever seen :eek:

Lost a lot of nerves watching this one, but congrats Andy with your #30 title :yeah: What is it now? 11 years in a row with a title?!

Deboogle!.
02-20-2011, 11:04 PM
yep something like that. really good he could pull it out in the end, after all those wasted MPs, i thought for sure he would find a way to lose :rolls:

seljanin
02-20-2011, 11:08 PM
Me too, was biting my fingernails, when thinking about the upcoming tiebreak :lol: These 500p will be handy, when IW/Miami approaches...

Fumus
02-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Now he's got to do something at one of these Big HC events coming up. Is it too much to ask that he win them both? haha.

This was a pretty craptastic match, I didn't realize Andy was as sick as he was. He really managed how much he moved and retrieved etc. unless it was in the TB or obviously on MP. I think if he was at full health he would have won straight sets, probably like 7-6, 6-2 or something. He dropped serve because he made a bunch of unforced errors, I guess Milos was exhausted too because he's service speed/percentage dropped in that final set. I thought he played much better against Delpo yesterday.

Is Andy really going to play Delray beach?

tsurupettan
02-20-2011, 11:15 PM
thank god andy won. it should've been in straights, but a win is a win, and this was a good one to tough out. i just hope he's feeling fine for iw and miami.

Deboogle!.
02-20-2011, 11:15 PM
hopefully they will give him a wednesday start. if not i hope he doesn't

Fee
02-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Yay that one dimensional no talent frat boy jerk won another American Mickey Mouse tournament where all the officials were paid off to make sure it happened.

;) Well done young Andrew, get some food, get some sleep, let your hair grow out a little please. :kiss:

Winston's Human
02-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Gutty performance from our man!

OnyxRose
02-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Congrats to Andy on his 30th title! That match point was insane!

starr_00
02-21-2011, 03:07 AM
This match point... I can't:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLFUFfxlvMQ

It better make SportsCenter top 10 tonight.

arodfanpe666o
02-21-2011, 06:57 AM
Well, 30 titles, 50 finals...not a bad thing. He beat quality players to get this title, fought hard in the final. Should be great for his confidence. And yeah, the 500 points are usefull. I really hope it is not serious and he does not nor risk his health with playing Delrey Beach.

After all, prestigious wins, great week. He is still something! :)

blosson
02-21-2011, 06:59 AM
Just saw the video, OMG he's got a bold patch!

Jade Fox
02-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Yay that one dimensional no talent frat boy jerk won another American Mickey Mouse tournament where all the officials were paid off to make sure it happened.

IKR? It's so freaking obvious that his whole career is a con job. ;)

And on a serious note, that match point to win it...I'm still :eek: over it.

partygirl
02-21-2011, 07:17 AM
!!!

Kate87
02-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Champion Andy Roddick said he wasn't certain he'd be able to play Sunday's final a few hours before the 3 p.m. start. His concern was he wouldn't be able to put forth the proper effort to win.

''I've had a little bit of a neck issue all week and I've been a little sick,'' said Roddick, who visited his wife, model Brooklyn Decker, in New York before coming to Memphis. ''My wife was really sick last week and I think I may have caught it this week. I had a cold and a cough and that's fine, but (Sunday) was the first day where I woke up and things were aching and I was low on energy and wasn't feeling real stellar. I think I warmed up for about four minutes before (walking out to the court).''

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/feb/21/rmkc-notebook-mirnyi-nestor-win-doubles-title/

Andy :eek::bowdown:

OnyxRose
02-21-2011, 01:44 PM
I'm still so very happy about the win. While Raonic seems like a good sort (his Youtube comment was awesome), I'm glad Andy won and not just because I'm biased. There was too much bandwagoning going on and that typically is too much pressure for a young player. Andy needed this title more and Raonic moved up the rankings anyway. Win-win.

arodfanpe666o
02-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Champion Andy Roddick said he wasn't certain he'd be able to play Sunday's final a few hours before the 3 p.m. start. His concern was he wouldn't be able to put forth the proper effort to win.

''I've had a little bit of a neck issue all week and I've been a little sick,'' said Roddick, who visited his wife, model Brooklyn Decker, in New York before coming to Memphis. ''My wife was really sick last week and I think I may have caught it this week. I had a cold and a cough and that's fine, but (Sunday) was the first day where I woke up and things were aching and I was low on energy and wasn't feeling real stellar. I think I warmed up for about four minutes before (walking out to the court).''

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2011/feb/21/rmkc-notebook-mirnyi-nestor-win-doubles-title/

Andy :eek::bowdown:

Great effort by Andy

Andy this I think answers the question if he is going to play Delrey Beach.

Deboogle!.
02-21-2011, 03:38 PM
the tourney site is advertising him as playing tomorrow, so i would be surprised if he does play. the following week he has davis cup in chile, then he has the really important masters events. no need to play this 250 event.

arodfanpe666o
02-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Maybe he will wait untill the last moment, who knows. Maybe he is already fine now...I guess I started dreaming...

Imo, returning to Davis Cup is not good. Maybe most of you guys(the americans) think it is good, but I can't see how this is going to help his career. I mean, he is getting injures more and more often, and this travelling and changing surfaces - I don't see anything good from this. But anyway, this is his decision and as a fan I respect it.

Winston's Human
02-21-2011, 04:40 PM
the tourney site is advertising him as playing tomorrow, so i would be surprised if he does play. the following week he has davis cup in chile, then he has the really important masters events. no need to play this 250 event.

I agree. Andy collected almost as many points (200) winning yesterday's final as he can for the entire Delray tournament (250-45 = 205).

Deboogle!.
02-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I think it's nice that he still wants to play. I don't think it's necessarily good for his own career, and I think most of the Americans here would probably agree.

But as you said, it's his decision and it is who he is. hopefully we will win pretty easily and it won't be tooooo taxing on him.

Doug just tweeted that andy was "very sick" yesterday, can't imagine he will play Delray

edit: thanks for doing the math, WH. No point in playing for sure.

partygirl
02-21-2011, 04:44 PM
Oh Male pattern baldness, Why?!:sobbing:
check out the Ball boy, shocked as well:haha:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216572&stc=1&d=1298309606

Kate87
02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
BREAKING: Andy Roddick hosting a press conference at 3:30pm to announce his withdrawal from the Delray tournament. #Delray

http://twitter.com/TheSliceTweets

tangerine_dream
02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
omg you guys, my internet connection blew out when Andy was up 4-1 in the third set!!! :banghead: :bigcry: I wasn't able to watch the end of the match, I was going craazy trying to find out if Andy won or not. :scared: Finally, a day later, I learn the good news. :bounce:

I am so happy for him. I'll be honest and say I had no expectations for him this week, his passive lackluster performance at AO didn't give me much hope for the spring, but he beat some good players this year, changing up his game vs Del Potro to be more aggressive, and then beating the Flavor of the Month, an on-fire Raonic. It would've sucked if he'd lost to that guy.

Once upon a time, the 2004 version of Andy Roddick used to love to beat the crap out of the young upstarts. I'm glad to see that hasn't changed in his old age. Oh goody goody gumdrops. :devil:

Winston's Human
02-21-2011, 09:42 PM
BREAKING: Andy Roddick hosting a press conference at 3:30pm to announce his withdrawal from the Delray tournament. #Delray

http://twitter.com/TheSliceTweets

Good call on Andy's part to get some rest before going down to Chile.

Kate87
02-21-2011, 10:40 PM
here's his full presser :) :hug:

kkpe2DskAPA

source: http://twitter.com/TheSliceTweets

Feli lopez
02-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Andy :hug:

Fee
02-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Tangy let me know how many good reps you get for that quote in your signature, from all the trolls who don't recognize sarcasm. :devil:

tangerine_dream
02-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Tangy let me know how many good reps you get for that quote in your signature, from all the trolls who don't recognize sarcasm. :devil:

:rolls:

tangerine_dream
02-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Did you guys see Andy's twitter account being hacked earlier today? :eek: I took a screencap.

Fee
02-27-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I saw that. Thankfully Brooklyn was able to get on top of it. Would be nice of Andy to post something himself, he hasn't been on in a while.

tangerine_dream
03-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Something about Indian Wells brings out the silly side of Andy. And I'm glad he and Novak have gotten past that awkwardness and are good friends now. :) Is Andy following Nole on twitter yet?

Roddick Jokes Around In Press Conference

http://www.10sballs.com/2011/03/11/roddick-jokes-around-in-press-conference/

Andy Roddick played fun with the reporters and Novak Djokovic at a press conference earlier today. When asked what he thought Djokovic was saying about his win streak (who had just completed an interview and was in the adjacent room), he claimed that he thinks Charlie Sheen and Djokovic are both talking about “winning.”

The fun didn’t stop there, as a followup question was posed about Djokovic, Roddick declined to answer until the Novak had left. However, moments later, Novak appeared from the separate room with Roddick rushing him out, claiming, “they are asking me questions about you!”

Living up to his name, the “Joker” shouted back to Andy and the crowd of reporters, “Follow me on Twitter!” To which Roddick, retorted, “but you don’t say anything funny!”

The entire room was erupting with laughter, and his playfulness continued throughout the session. A couple questions were posed asking Andy to talk about his zest, but lacking a clear definition of zest, Roddick didn’t have a response.

If every press conference was that fun, Desert Rat might have a new career.

Andy Roddick Indian Wells Interview: Novak Never Says Anything Funny on Twitter

http://www.tennis-x.com/xblog/2011-03-12/6550.php

Q. Where do you think Novak is right now?
ANDY RODDICK: He’s in that room. (Laughter.)

Q. What’s he talking about?
ANDY RODDICK: Right there.

Q. Just talk about his year a little bit. He hasn’t lost a match since London.
ANDY RODDICK: I don’t know. I think him and Charlie Sheen are just talking about winning, you know. No, really.

Q. Charlie Sheen is still talking. You’ve known him a long time. You’ve played against him.
ANDY RODDICK: Get out of here because they’re asking me a question about you. This is awkward.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Follow me on Twitter.
ANDY RODDICK: You never say anything funny.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You don’t like my tweets?

Fee
03-12-2011, 09:25 PM
That is hysterical. Still want more Andy-Andy-Novak action, two clowns and the dry wit. They could take that on the road.

Sonja1989
03-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks, tangerine_dream. :D

Good luck Andy against James. :rocker2:

Deboogle!.
03-13-2011, 09:39 PM
well a win is a win, awful BP conversion though :o

arodfanpe666o
03-13-2011, 09:50 PM
And awfully passive play...

Deboogle!.
03-13-2011, 10:32 PM
well that is nothing new :haha:

Deboogle!.
03-16-2011, 03:28 AM
Well that was a pleasant surprise :yeah: Gasquet tomorrow :yeah:

Fee
03-16-2011, 05:43 AM
ANDY DO NOT APPROACH TO HIS BACKHAND.

That's all.

Sonja1989
03-16-2011, 06:09 AM
Great performance Andy! :yeah:
Good luck against Gasquet!!! :D

arodfanpe666o
03-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Good match, can't deny it. Hope he can get through Gasquet. Richard looked good vs Mezer, it is going to be tough.

Btw, why there are no pictures posted here anymore?

tsurupettan
03-16-2011, 01:17 PM
i thought the match against john would be more difficult, but he just kind of fell apart and looked defeated in the second set of what i saw.

better stay pumped and have his head on straight against gasquet.

Kate87
03-16-2011, 01:54 PM
:smoke:

:wavey: hi Sonja! Welcome to Andyland!

arodfanpe666o
03-17-2011, 07:53 AM
So, I gues with this performance Andy blew his chances for Wimbledon. He surely is going to be out of top 10 after Miami. After that is the clay season, he can't gain many points, and he is going to be seeded 12-13 or something at Wimbledon, which means one of top 4 in 4rd round. Bad things will happen.

cobalt60
03-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Gasquet was on a blinder last night.

OnyxRose
03-17-2011, 01:11 PM
So, I gues with this performance Andy blew his chances for Wimbledon. He surely is going to be out of top 10 after Miami. After that is the clay season, he can't gain many points, and he is going to be seeded 12-13 or something at Wimbledon, which means one of top 4 in 4rd round. Bad things will happen.

Let's be honest: it was going to be nearly impossible for him to duplicate last year anyway. He was always going to have an uphill battle.

arodfanpe666o
03-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Yes, you are right, but every win counts. A win here or there can decide if he stays in top 10 or not, if he qualifies for Masters cup or not or something like that.

And IMO, to loose to Gaquet on hardcourt is...embarassing. Andy simply should not loose to guys like him or Wawrinka on surface different than clay.

Sonja1989
03-17-2011, 11:26 PM
:smoke:

:wavey: hi Sonja! Welcome to Andyland!

Hello Kate! :wavey:

I'm still hopeful about Miami.

Deboogle!.
03-18-2011, 05:15 AM
Lets not forget that Andy was essentially useless after Miami last year. He didn't have a good result the whole rest of the year pretty much. that said, all his losses this year have been to guys who are not afraid to be aggressive and make him pay for his passiveness. those are the same losses he's going to keep having over and over playing this way.

tangerine_dream
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Andy's Path of Death in Miami.

Why even bother? Le sigh.

arodfanpe666o
03-21-2011, 07:26 PM
There will be another early exit...

OnyxRose
03-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Eh.

Sonja1989
03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
:mad:

Good luck Andy!

tsurupettan
03-22-2011, 12:27 AM
idk, i can't do anything but laugh at the draw. :lol: gl, andy.

Deboogle!.
03-22-2011, 12:38 AM
well, his ranking situation is dire and a QF result won't help. Will be a fun year getting draws outside the top 12.

Viky-cro
03-22-2011, 05:34 PM
does any of you know if he is going to participate in Japan Relief tomorrow?

partygirl
03-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Once again we are looking at the draw like it matters.

He can beat anyone.
He can lose to anyone.

Kate87
03-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Once again we are looking at the draw like it matters.

He can beat anyone.
He can lose to anyone.

This.:bowdown:

Fee
03-23-2011, 02:30 AM
So is he playing Houston this year? Is he playing something resembling a clay court schedule so he can pick up some points?

Deboogle!.
03-23-2011, 03:39 AM
So is he playing Houston this year? Is he playing something resembling a clay court schedule so he can pick up some points?I'd ask are you new? but I know you're not, so surely you were just trying to tell a sick joke :p

Fee
03-23-2011, 07:30 AM
I'd ask are you new? but I know you're not, so surely you were just trying to tell a sick joke :p

No that was actually a bit of anger and frustration in that post there. Should have added this to it :mad:

Deboogle!.
03-24-2011, 12:36 AM
:haha: :hug:

OnyxRose
03-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Seeing that 13 beside his name does not sit well with me. If he loses before the quarters in Miami, say 4th round, how low will he probably drop? The ranking formula makes my head hurt. If Andy knows what's good for him, he'll not disappear this April-June. You never know, he might have another good run like in Rome, what was it, 2008?

Fumus
03-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Of course he's going to drop out of the top ten atleast until Madrid or Rome where he'll have a chance to gobble up some points.

cobalt60
03-26-2011, 02:48 PM
Oh well. Funny Fee.

tsurupettan
03-26-2011, 08:44 PM
:tape: this is a worse result than even i was thinking of when i saw the draw. :rolls: i wonder if this is gonna prove to be something that'll end up doing more damage later on/if we'll see it pop up more. his clay season is already practically nonexistent.

Sonja1989
03-26-2011, 10:12 PM
It's impossible. :sad: :sad:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2011, 12:48 AM
oy vey he is a hot mess right now :help:

P. CUEVAS/A. Roddick

6 4, 7 6

An interview with:

ANDY RODDICK

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Are you contagious?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. Come here.

Q. So what is it?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. I had a little trouble breathing out there today. I've had something for a little while, but I'm going to have it checked out when I get home.

Q. Looked like you were limping. Anything wrong with your foot?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't have any new information. I have to get some stuff looked at.

Q. When did it start bothering you?
ANDY RODDICK: What's that?

Q. Breathing.
ANDY RODDICK: I didn't feel good all day.

Q. Did you feel bad...
ANDY RODDICK: I have had it dating back to Memphis off and on. That's a little too long, I think. I don't know. I don't have anything more than that for you guys.

Q. You're concerned obviously because of the mono last year?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, we all know the history. I mean, you guys know as much as I do at this point. So we'll try to figure it out next week.

Q. Did you have any indication though? You were coughing the other day and stuff like that. Did you have any indication that you just weren't feeling well going into the match?
ANDY RODDICK: I mean, I have been coughing, but it hasn't been affecting my or breathing or energy levels until last couple days. Cough is fine as long as you feel fine, you know, running and breathing and all that stuff.

Q. Even so, did you feel like you had a chance to get into the match, or you just put in the time and were trying to put in a good effort?
ANDY RODDICK: I didn't feel very optimistic throughout the day.

Q. You weren't moving on some those aces. Was that your sickness or your injury?
ANDY RODDICK: It was you want me to put a percentage to know?

Q. Was it both?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, there was some stuff going on.

Q. Do you think way Cuevas' play was good enough?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, I mean, he played well. He hit some good passing shots. He definitely had more game than I did today, that's for sure.

Q. What hurt you most about his play?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, he was hitting that kick serve pretty well on the ad side. I had a couple looks in the second set, and he hit a couple good ones.

Q. If you weren't defending champ, you might have bagged it early, you think?
ANDY RODDICK: I don't know. No, I don't think that had much bearing on it. No, I didn't think about that.

Q. Can you just tell us how you feel? I mean, just how bummed you are, how emotionally...
ANDY RODDICK: Just frustrated. You know, you don't like going out there with, you know, less than what you got, and I feel like I have been doing that a lot. It's just frustrating.
Yeah, I mean, it's not like I'm super mad because I had chances or lost or didn't play I mean, it's just frustrating.

Q. What's your schedule like coming up?
ANDY RODDICK: Ah, like what?

Q. What's your next tournament?
ANDY RODDICK: Well, I'm going to get to the clay a lot earlier than I did last year hopefully. I probably I haven't talked I'm going to have to talk to my coach about that. There is a lot coming in here I don't have the answers for you.
You normally regroup after this tournament and see where you're at.

Q. You went to your doctors in Texas after Delray; did they tell you anything?
ANDY RODDICK: I was sick. I got on antibiotics. Had a bronchial infection of some sort, and I got a little better for Davis Cup. I felt fine during Palm Springs, and then, you know, came back a little bit when I was down here.

Q. Is it the same? Does it feel the same as what you had just before Delray?
ANDY RODDICK: Yeah, it's deep in the chest. It's not even so much nasally or throat or anything like that. It's just, you know, when I laugh, I start sounding like a car trying to start.

FastScripts by ASAP Sports

Kate87
03-27-2011, 01:34 AM
yo tennis Gods, can you give Andy a break? :o

he really should stop eating all those children. we've all seen his health issues in the past 2 years so we can say...karma is a bitch.

:wavey:

Fee
03-27-2011, 03:59 AM
um, well. that's a curious interview. might the most lost and frustrated I've ever seen. Not like the emotional Andy, when he loses, or even the snarky, snarling, fighting Andy after a loss. That just seems like "super duper what the hell is going on with me frustrated". But I'm glad to see him say he wants to play more clay this year. I just hope he gets home and gets completely fixed before he gets on another airplane. Commercial flights are some of the germiest places on the planet.

I agree with whoever wrote in GM that he'll probably be back in the top ten by the end of the year. He's not done yet.

In the meantime, I think I need a break from tennis, and some of its loser fans, so I'll be knitting or something for a while. I can be found in other places if anyone really cares. :) :hug:

Deboogle!.
03-27-2011, 04:43 PM
he says he wants to play more clay but he's not scheduled to play again until Madrid, then he has Madrid, Rome, and Nice. More than last year I guess since that's when he got mono but not exactly a lot. I'd say he should ask for a WC into Houston but he needs to get himself in order first :o