San Jose R2: Raonic schools Blake 6-2 7-6(4) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

San Jose R2: Raonic schools Blake 6-2 7-6(4)

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2011, 02:11 AM
Flake is done.

wUaMzsNKR7Q

Pipsy
02-10-2011, 02:12 AM
Raonic played solidly, served well. Blake was a bit meh. Flashes of his former top 10 form but his forehand was poor today in my opinion.

Raonic choked while serving for the match at 5-4 but beat Blake easily in the breaker.

Blake should get a new coach imo. Get some drive back into his life on tour...

KoOlMaNsEaN
02-10-2011, 02:13 AM
Milos was playing great going up 62 54 before he had a huge hiccup serving for the match.
Somehow re grouped with his big serves down 5-6 and won a tight tie-breaker to win the match.

Quarter Finals Bound!!! :woohoo:

next up is Berankis

madmax
02-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Flake is trully done and dusted, but Milos was solid as always. Good for canadian sensation

ExcaliburII
02-10-2011, 02:14 AM
Blake played the game of his life when Raonic served 5-4 just after 9 crappy return games from him. Raonic was in complete control of the match.

MilosSs
02-10-2011, 02:16 AM
tight tie-break?!

phahahhaha

don't be funny please... Blake's body language was dreadful, even a blind man could've guessed that Flake will lose... Pathetic display in tie-break with those disgusting unforced errors... Raonic rock solid as usual and that loss of serve was totally justified because there was no way Flake could take that set, not even to mention the entire match. Pathetic Blake, stunning serving from Raonic.

Blarghman
02-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Milos was excellent in the first set, Blake didn't get a single point on his serve. Played a poor game at *5-4 in the second, but regrouped well in the TB. He was clearly better the entire match, and got the result, nice stuff :yeah:

Should be an interesting next match.

MilosSs
02-10-2011, 02:17 AM
and yeah, Blake won ZERO points on Raonic's serve in 1st set...

just lol

Voo de Mar
02-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Expected as hell :zzz:

Smoke944
02-10-2011, 02:21 AM
It's been a good career for James, but honestly, it's time to hang it up. He looks like Karlovic trying to change directions nowadays. All he can do is serve and take big swings at returns. For a guy that used to be maybe the most explosive mover in the game, it is embarrassing to be losing the neutral rallies to a guy of Raonic's movement. That and, you know, only winning 58% of service points :lol: :help:

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-10-2011, 02:24 AM
Change the thread title. A legend like James doesn't deserve these juvenile nicknames.

As for the match i agree with others in here, it looks as though James is on his last legs But his Career has been one to cherish and to just see him playing is GREAT. Milos looking very strong

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2011, 02:26 AM
Raonic didn't do anything in the first set. Flake couldn't hit two shots over the net. :lol:

Elbarto
02-10-2011, 02:37 AM
it's impressive to see Raonic win again, physically he seems tireless, it's his sixteenth match since the begining of the year !

what is his secret ?

but I think his marathon will stop with the clay season ( he seems to play too much like a hardcourt player, slow move, lack of topspin on his shots )

allpro
02-10-2011, 02:40 AM
baby-faced assassin got tight serving out the match but collected himself in the tiebreak.
he needs to work on disguising his 2nd serve kick/spin ball toss. he tosses it two feet behind him making it too easy to read.

Rafa = Fed Killa
02-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Change the thread title. A legend like James doesn't deserve these juvenile nicknames.

As for the match i agree with others in here, it looks as though James is on his last legs But his Career has been one to cherish and to just see him playing is GREAT. Milos looking very strong

Legend ... lol

That loser couldn't even make a GS final.
Flake is even worse than a clown like Murray.

Nadal, Djokovic & Del Potro are legends.
Flake is just one of Federers clowns like Soderling and Llubicic.

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2011, 02:59 AM

:rolleyes:

Says the person who thinks tennis players' careers exist because of "fans". :lol:

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2011, 03:00 AM
What a pathetic merge. My thread was created first and its title should remain.

The Magician
02-10-2011, 03:20 AM
Can't hate on Blake too much, coming back from injury/oldness and working your way up the rungs of the ATP is always difficult, especially for someone who's whole game is based on movement and reaction time like Blake. Makes you appreciate Taylor Dent more for the work he put in to get to the top, even though his reward was only a couple of years before retirement.

Henry Chinaski
02-10-2011, 03:31 AM
Very impressed by Raonic's 2nd serve. It is massive without being overly risky

FlameOn
02-10-2011, 04:39 AM
James. :sad:

For all the idiots disrespecting Blake, shut up and give him credit for still trying.

FormerRafaFan
02-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Milos:worship:

A little blip there from what I understand, but got the job done in the end, which is the most important thing. Good luck against Berankis!

Havok
02-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Damn I really didn't expect Milos to turn out this good. I also remember him from his match vs Gonzalez from a few years back and was impressed with what he showed out there on the court but would have never expected such a run like this. The kid is young and seems to have his head on straight, which is extremely important at this stage of his career. I'll be keeping a eye on him, should be fun tracking his progress and see how high he can go. Best of luck my fellow Canadian!:yeah:

Yves.
02-10-2011, 06:29 AM
I hope Berankis wins in the QF...

Tommy_Vercetti
02-10-2011, 07:00 AM
See, this is the difference.

Blake made his career beating these shitty players. Now he can't even do that. But I want him to keep playing, because I truly dread his future broadcasting career.

Mungo
02-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Time for Blake to join Gimelstob and John Mac.

Shirogane
02-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Another good win for Raonic. :D Blake, on the other hand... :o :sad:

Vida
02-10-2011, 10:49 AM
very impressed with raonic. movement remains questionable, it wont be his biggest strength.

timafi
02-10-2011, 12:04 PM
we've known that for 2 years now but Blake is in denial :shrug:

tennizen
02-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Beating Blake these days isn't very difficult but Milos plays a very composed and mature game.

SelvenluvJo
02-10-2011, 12:41 PM
James :tears:

betowiec
02-10-2011, 12:52 PM
james, time to concentrate on golf

Shirogane
02-10-2011, 12:54 PM
Damn I really didn't expect Milos to turn out this good. I also remember him from his match vs Gonzalez from a few years back and was impressed with what he showed out there on the court but would have never expected such a run like this. The kid is young and seems to have his head on straight, which is extremely important at this stage of his career. I'll be keeping a eye on him, should be fun tracking his progress and see how high he can go. Best of luck my fellow Canadian!:yeah:
+1 :yeah:

I definitely loved what I saw at the Aussie, even though it was against an aging Youzhny and only a set or so against Ferrer. :bounce:

Smoke944
02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
See, this is the difference.

Blake made his career beating these shitty players. Now he can't even do that. But I want him to keep playing, because I truly dread his future broadcasting career.

When he retires will you at least leave this board? I mean seeing as all your trolling material will be gone, you might as well.

Tommy_Vercetti
02-10-2011, 02:26 PM
When he retires will you at least leave this board? I mean seeing as all your trolling material will be gone, you might as well.

Fail. Trolling is time consuming and requires daily vigilance. Too much work for me to ever try. And it's far too interesting to watch you suck off Beetlejuice and the Donald. Lordy, what do they have in common with James and his MM career?

Horatio Caine
02-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Blake should get a new coach imo. Get some drive back into his life on tour...

I'm not sure that a new coach would help him enough.

Simply, he is an old player now (in tennis terms) and the younger guys hit as hard as him, and, most importantly, move better than him.

His desire isn't likely to be what it was either. He has been in the doldrums for a good year or so, doesn't have youth on his side, and the tournament venues, travelling etc are all the same to him. To a new guy like Raonic, the whole experience now is exciting, knowing that there is a glass ceiling. Blake is well aware of his limits now, and I guess it won't be long before he calls it quits for good. My guess is the US Open...

Ashlar77
02-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Glad Milos was able to quickly take care of Blake, besides that little hiccup late in the second. Good luck in the quarters, another very winnable match! :yeah:

Sapeod
02-10-2011, 04:19 PM
Too big, Milos. Win this title!

Allez
02-10-2011, 04:44 PM
This Blake is really good.

ossie
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
tennis wins

Sham Kay
02-10-2011, 05:40 PM
The old vs the new. Quite the representative match of the decline and soon to be disappearing players of old and the emergence and uprising of the new breed.

Blake may well have a final push left in him, Milos can only really get better. I wasn't amazed with this, but all he needs are wins and he's certainly as heck gettin' em.

Michael Bluth
02-10-2011, 06:21 PM
It's seriously over for Blake. His movement is gone, and for the last year he looks like he hasn't given a crap. He needs to just hang it up.

Voo de Mar
02-10-2011, 06:31 PM
The difference between Ljubicic and Blake (they are peers) is their serve. Ljubo can rely on his big serve to get many cheap points, also after the 2nd serve - which is beyond Blake's imagination - I've never seen the guy served a 2nd-1st serve :tape: Blake is limited not only tactically but also mentally. He never had this fire inside to win losing matches, so obviously it's tougher to do this in his age, so we can forget about wins 2-6 7-6 6-4 over Raonic despite a temporary hiccup like yesterday in the 10th game. Blake has been since 2009 on the level to beat on American courts mugs like Riba or Levine, nothing more.

MalwareDie
02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I think Blake will win. Milos always struggles a lot with good returners.

Lol.

GlennMirnyi
02-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Lol.

:lol: :haha: