Grigor Dimitrov is the future. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Grigor Dimitrov is the future.

Pages : [1] 2

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 04:04 AM
I attended the AO this year as per usual and saw something quite special. Grigor Dimitrov is by far the MOST talented player I have seen since Roger debuted with all his majestic greatness. I was astonished at what I saw in both the Wawrinka and Golubev games. In Golubev the past unhealthy looking sloth Dimitrov took him out with such an awe inspiring ease that I had too look and wonder. His strokes are ridiculously effortless and his technique AMAZING. His backhand is a thing of legends as he takes it well (nice clean and early) and has a lot of control and power off that wing. It has potential to be better than Guga’s. His slice is cutting and once again his technique is very VERY good. I haven’t seen such a forehand since Fed & Blake as from a technical perspective it is flawless and right now one of the best forehands in the world. He possesses natural nous and flair around the net a sign of a great champion who is growing with confidence as every day passes by. His serve is huge and once an outstanding shot. I could go on praising such a complete player but then my post will be long and I don’t want that. Simply put Grigor has in his hands the best all court game since Roger Federer. He is a phenomenon. He is sponsored by Nike so he already looks the par and teenage girls will obviously chase him as he begins his path into greatness. I am a big admirer of his attitude which on court is cool, calm and collected. He is the new Roger Federer and I hold him in very high esteem.

He will be the one challenging Roger for the slam record. No one else.

I predict he will break the top 10 this year, go deep in slams and win a masters. He will crush Jo and win his first title this year. This is big for tennis, as Dimitrov will be the man to wash away all these drippy baseliners with his craft and flair. He will rise VERY fast and be number one once Roger has gone. Just an epic EPIC player and words cannot describe just how much potential he has. WATCH his match with Jo tonight to get a good look at how amazing his talents are. Such a clean ball striker. he has that it factor and understands what tennis is all about.

Thoughts?, is Grigor the future?

aHKe8e_KWPc

n8
02-08-2011, 04:13 AM
Supreme talent and great looks. Won the genes lottery.

I think your predictions for 2011 are a bit too ambitious, but I agree that he is going to be an excellent player.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 05:22 AM
My prediction isn't ambitious at all. He is unbelievably impressive. It's fantastic that their is after all live after Roger!

I suppose you went to the Ao as well so you know what I'm talking about. Raonic is also VERY good, surprised me how big he is off the ground and you better believe he has some quick hands at the net. Nishikori far too weak but his technique is their and like Tomic with an increase in effortless power will be top 20. Berankis Overrated.

Dimitrov however is something else. Something VERY special.

shoustar89
02-08-2011, 06:13 AM
He need to improve his backhand and receive, and I think he can make Top 30 by the end of this season.

Forehander
02-08-2011, 06:23 AM
Just read my signature...

Hewitt =Legend
02-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Knee jerk reaction much? Of course he's going to be a great player but to say he's going to win a Masters Series this year is a tad over the top. Have you suddenly forgot about Fed. Rafa, Nole, Muzza etc? No way he has the consistency or mentality yet to go deep in the big events.

To me, Dimitrov and Tomic look the best bet to rise to the top out of the emerging players.

syc23
02-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Sounds like the OP needs to sneak into Dimitrov's bedroom for a play session - your love for the man is almost stalker level.

He'll win nothing of note this year. Guys like Nadal were already winning slams at 19 so until he does the same please stop these useless threads hailing the coming of the next tennis Jesus. Just because he copies Federer's game does not make him one.

Time Violation
02-08-2011, 07:09 AM
He'll win nothing of note this year. Guys like Nadal were already winning slams at 19 so until he does the same please stop these useless threads hailing the coming of the next tennis Jesus. Just because he copies Federer's game does not make him one.

This :)

tests
02-08-2011, 07:10 AM

I think your predictions for 2011 are a bit too ambitious, but I agree that he is going to be an excellent player.

great looks as in face or playstyle haha

Pirata.
02-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Great to have you back, Fed's Mate...

Navratil
02-08-2011, 07:36 AM

The other way round: Great looks and (supreme) talent :D

Action Jackson
Bit late on this bandwagon?

shiaben
If he happens to be a slam competitor, he'll probably get 2-4 slams tops.

He doesn't look impressive at all.

Blackbriar
02-08-2011, 07:44 AM
We will see today against Tsonga. I will post again after the result.

abraxas21
02-08-2011, 07:59 AM
dimi's got the talent but i can't see myself getting onto this bandwagon.

my bet is that the dude is probably gonna be another marat safin.

oranges
02-08-2011, 08:12 AM

:lol: I was about to say he dreamed Forehander's sig and decided to expand it to a thread.

Like Grisha, very much dislike over the top predictions. Let the guy develop at his own pace in relative peace.

my bet is that the dude is probably gonna be another marat safin.

I love how it's bad :lol: Wonder if he would sign on winning 2 slams and an assortment of other things right now.

abraxas21
02-08-2011, 08:15 AM
I love how it's bad :lol: Wonder if he would sign on winning 2 slams and an assortment of other things right now.

i dont mean it as something bad at all... just not the type of player i'd root for

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Sounds like the OP needs to sneak into Dimitrov's bedroom for a play session - your love for the man is almost stalker level.

But please!!! :)
Federer won his first GS 2003. He was 21.

FlameOn
02-08-2011, 08:25 AM
I fear for chair umpires in important future Dimithug matches. :scared:

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 08:30 AM
I fear for chair umpires in important future Dimithug matches. :scared:

He won't make this more. :)

Topspindoctor
02-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Federer's_Mug is back :woohoo: I missed the entertainment, although this new obsession with Dimitrov is disturbing :scared:

madmax
02-08-2011, 08:49 AM
Dimitrov is the future?:haha:
Of beating up chair umpires or what?

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 09:10 AM
Dimitrov is the future?:haha:
Of beating up chair umpires or what?

I thought for you and the another user. (pifas?) HATERS!!!

duong
02-08-2011, 09:18 AM
I had watched him in Rotterdam two years ago and had been very impressed.

I saw him this year against Wawrinka and was disappointed because the problem is that he has grown quite tall then his movement really seems to be a problem. What would Federer be with a poor movement and more than 1.90 m ? In modern game, the movement is hugely important, nearly as much as the shots, even more than in Fed's beginnings.

What's Dimitrov's current height actually ?

For the mental side, he doesn't seem to be cold-blooded yet as well. So far on the mental side Tomic (who won a lot of tie-breaks), Harrison, Raonic and Berankis have been much more impressive to me.

All these aspects and especially his height/movement rather make me think of Safin than of Federer for his future so far.

I was very impressed with Raonic in Melbourne : Ferrer had to struggle the most of he could to beat him, and with the quickness of surfaces in the 90s, he would have had even a tougher time.

Raonic would have been a great player in the 90s, unfortunately the period is different.

Dimitrov is my favorite ahead of Harrison and Raonic, but I'm not so optimistic about his future.

So far I think that Nadal, Murray, Djokovic and Del Potro (if in full health) still have many good years ahead of them before any of these players challenging them (Tomic is unfortunately too tall as well : imagine how Nadal, Djokovic and Murray can run comparing to him, and I don't think he may have Del Potro's power nor, more importantly, his game on clay : Tomic is such a tool on clay).

Tomic and Harrison might be the best ones in the future.

ossie
02-08-2011, 09:22 AM
the other upcoming youngsters will be more successful than him. he's not going to make it with a single-handed backhand in today's game.

tribalfusion
02-08-2011, 09:53 AM
I predict he will break the top 10 this year, go deep in slams and win a masters

We needed someone to carry on in the tradition of Word Life/Storm Lee etc with the ridiculous predictions.

Congratulations.

Let us know what you think of Dimitrov's chest hair as well while you are at it :)

Iván
02-08-2011, 09:54 AM
Berankis and Harrison Have better Prospects.

Mannarino, im not sure, being french wont help his cause but he does have amazing game when on.

BodyServe
02-08-2011, 09:56 AM
But please!!! :)
Federer won his first GS 2003. He was 21.

He was rather 22.

n8
02-08-2011, 09:59 AM
He was rather 22.

He was 21 and 11 months :).

Tomic is such a tool on clay).

Nice wording LOL.

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 10:10 AM
He was rather 22.

Maybe I can count.

Berankis and Harrison Have better Prospects.

Mannarino, im not sure, being french wont help his cause but he does have amazing game when on.

If do you want to talk about Harrison, Berankis, Tomic etc.
you can here: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=161227&highlight=talented

Thanks.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 10:42 AM
If he happens to be a slam competitor, he'll probably get 2-4 slams tops.

He doesn't look impressive at all.

watch him play before you judge :retard:

As said before, never been so impressed by anyone since Fed. Simply breathtaking player.

haters gonna hate. Dont throw your pommy humor on me. Dimitrov will take the tennis world by storm. It starts TODAY

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
We needed someone to carry on in the tradition of Word Life/Storm Lee etc with the ridiculous predictions.

Congratulations.

Let us know what you think of Dimitrov's chest hair as well while you are at it :)

don't worry ill send some pics your way once i get hold of them. YOU wont MISS out.

As for the predictions being 'ridiculous' watch tonight. Grigor's killer forehand will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 10:51 AM
don't worry ill send some pics your way once i get hold of them. YOU wont MISS out.

As for the predictions being 'ridiculous' watch tonight. Grigor's killer forehand will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

:haha:
You know I guess there are few people who says Dimitrov isn't good and he didn't see him playing. :)
There are few people of Lithuania who is hater and they hate Dimitrov but I don't know why. (Lot of people like Dimitrov and Berankis too.)

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 10:57 AM
You know I guess there are few people who says Dimitrov isn't good and he didn't see him playing. :)
There are few people of Lithuania who is hater and they hate Dimitrov but I don't know why. (Lot of people like Dimitrov and Berankis too.)

I don't see how people can hate Grigor either. His game is excellent to watch and he possesses the characteristics of a champion. Off court the guy is all you can ask for...polite,friendly and humble. Signs and take pictures with the fans. Does promotional stuff (was taking pictures with fans outside the wilson tent on grand slam oval on day 3) and cooperates with the media in a dignified manner. He is close to being the complete package. Right now all he lacks is that that killer instinct but confidence which will be gained will see to that. Jo is in for a rude awakening today.

Topspindoctor
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
His movement and footwork aren't good at all. He moves nowhere near as well as (peak) Federer, just lacks fluidity or raw speed of Nadal. Results in him frequently getting caught off balance or even near-falls. He won't be a great clay courter either. Good serve and FH though.

thegreendestiny
02-08-2011, 11:03 AM
He has a great future I agree. He looks good and his play is kinda suave. Too bad he's Bulgarian which is not much of a crowd favorite because his country and countrymen will hype him like a god and annoy the people in this forum.

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
I don't see how people can hate Grigor either. His game is excellent to watch and he possesses the characteristics of a champion. Off court the guy is all you can ask for...polite,friendly and humble. Signs and take pictures with the fans. Does promotional stuff (was taking pictures with fans outside the wilson tent on grand slam oval on day 3) and cooperates with the media in a dignified manner. He is close to being the complete package. Right now all he lacks is that that killer instinct but confidence which will be gained will see to that. Jo is in for a rude awakening today.

I think they don't know too. :) I guess simply they think Dimitrov and Berankis are rival or I don't know. (I don't think this). Dimitrov is really great guy.

A_Skywalker
02-08-2011, 11:05 AM
I dont think he will be great at all, he will be top 10 player, maybe challenge to win a Grand Slam one day, but no more than that. He is already almost 20 and he doesnt have any results, greats had great results at that age.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 11:06 AM
No one has Peak Federer movement...NO ONE. That being said all aspects of his game will improve in time and training. He will get lighter and the more atp matches he plays the better his defense and other aspects of his game that need tweaking. He will grow into a monster and i can see him being a real contender for Wimby and Flushing. I'm not sure about his clay prowess yet to fully judge but we will find out soon enough.

Topspindoctor
02-08-2011, 11:13 AM
No one has Peak Federer movement...NO ONE. That being said all aspects of his game will improve in time and training. He will get lighter and the more atp matches he plays the better his defense and other aspects of his game that need tweaking. He will grow into a monster and i can see him being a real contender for Wimby and Flushing. I'm not sure about his clay prowess yet to fully judge but we will find out soon enough.

Thing is, Federer was an amazingly good mover, when he was very young. This new generation of Tomics and Dimitrovs are severely lacking in that aspect. Without movement, you can still be fairly competent on hard courts, but forget clay and grass. And I don't see how they will improve, your movement gets worse as you age not better. Furthermore some of Grigor's attempts to get at the ball make me cringe. I hope he stops that before he gets injured.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
Thing is, Federer was an amazingly good mover, when he was very young. This new generation of Tomics and Dimitrovs are severely lacking in that aspect. Without movement, you can still be fairly competent on hard courts, but forget clay and grass. And I don't see how they will improve, your movement gets worse as you age not better. Furthermore some of Grigor's attempts to get at the ball make me cringe. I hope he stops that before he gets injured.

indeed. Yes Dimitrov will never be a GREAT mover, i still dont think it will hinder him as i don't consider it a Achilles heal yet. Tomic can be seen as clumbsy. His movement however has improved GREATLY since the muller match. Overtime shuttle runs, guinine fitness condition etc as well as practice overtime will help Grigor's anticipation and overtime he will learn to take short steps around the court so he isnt so heavy on his feet. Movement really starts to decline once you hit the late 20s as he wont decline from say 21-25 instead he will only improve where i see him as being unbeatable. This can all be improved with practice and hardwork imo and Grigor is clearly up to improving this aspect of his game. Bernard plays very weird though. I was at his matches vs Chardy & Lopez and wow does he have a tennis brain. The guy is such a good thinker and as a result he always manages o play his game which neutralize his lack of movement as he is VERY hard to move around. Now with all the base liners coming in, i doubt any can exploit him with the use of variety (change of pace,drop shots etc) unlike a Federer could .Currently Dimitrov is WAY ahead of Bernie in development though. Both have a big game attitude. Grigor hits it very hard (must see up close) and is also very hard to play against. Once Grigor learns to take control of the point and he strata to really find his gear off both wins his supposed lack of speed wont hurt him. As much as people like to disagree he is still a boy but his start is on the rise and very far. Nishikori & Berankis can forget it. Top 50 at best. I think he'll shine on grass you'll be surprised as said before YES clay is another matter but i cant still cant see him struggling there.

Time Violation
02-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Unbeatable? :confused: So far that can be rightfully attached only to peak Fed (outside of clay) and peak Nadal (on the clay); Dimitrov or anyone else out there would really have to pull some kind of miracle to get to such levels :)

Voo de Mar
02-08-2011, 12:56 PM
Dimitrov is annoying with his attempts to play all shots like Federer. It's weird he hasn't got longer hair and a headband ;) He hasn't Federer's talent to play quickly standing on the baseline, he needs more time to prepare his ground-strokes. He should have a decent career but the 2nd Federer he can be only on his play-station.

nalbyfan
02-08-2011, 12:57 PM
The future took a bad start vs Tsonga...

madmax
02-08-2011, 01:01 PM
The future took a bad start vs Tsonga...

:devil:
The future of tennis can't even beat Clownga? How so...

Time Violation
02-08-2011, 01:02 PM
He should have a decent career but the 2nd Federer he can be only on his play-station.

Looks more like 2nd Gulbis than 2nd Fed... very powerful shots together with errors all over the place :)

Topspindoctor
02-08-2011, 01:06 PM
Looks more like 2nd Gulbis than 2nd Fed... very powerful shots together with errors all over the place :)

Disagree. Gulbis is a classic brainless ball basher with big serve, who hits as hard and as flat as possible without any regard for point construction. Dimitrov is more patient and not as erratic.

Time Violation
02-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Yea, I don't insist on it, haven't seen him play much to be honest. Though I must say in this first set against Tsonga, he does seem somewhat as "ball basher with big serve, who hits as hard and as flat as possible without any regard for point construction" :)

Voo de Mar
02-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Gulbis who is a disappointment, was already a quarter-finalist of RG and reached 4th rd at the US Open in Dimitrov's age. Dimitrov looked like a big deal two years ago in Rotterdam when he beat Berdych and took a set of Nadal. Currently he looks only like a solid youngster with a prospect to improve steadily in the next few years.

Allez
02-08-2011, 01:19 PM
It's ridiculous that a 19 year old is even being compared to Federer. If comparisons must be made then compare him to a 19 year old Federer. So he makes errors. Federer made errors at 19 as well. Why use that to dismiss his chances :scratch:

For those who dismiss him as a Fed clone...well if you had to be a clone of any tennis player who'd it be ? At least he has one good shot that even Fed didn't at the same age so but for his movement one would have to consider him something of an improvement on the original (19 year old). You could do a lot worse than having Roger as the guy you model your game after ;)

Anyway I hate all these stupid Jinx threads. Poor guy can't catch a break. There's always some clown on his back wanting to be the first to "notice" his potential and then drop him like a hot potato the minute things don't come together for him :rolleyes:

barbadosan
02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Well articulated, Allez

Voo de Mar
02-08-2011, 01:28 PM
It's ridiculous that a 19 year old is even being compared to Federer. If comparisons must be made then compare him to a 19 year old Federer. So he makes errors. Federer made errors at 19 as well.

Federer at 19.8: highest raning - 18; 53 main level tournaments; the biggest achievements: QF at the Roland Garros, winner in Milan, 3-time finalist; 2 quarterfinals in Masters Series

Dimitrov at 19.8: highest ranking - 85; 11 main level tournaments; the biggest achievements: 2nd rd of Australian Open

pica_pica
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
By Grigor's performance so far today, his backhand isn't good enough...

Tonkie13
02-08-2011, 01:30 PM
yes that's why he loses to tsonga who is in not so really good form, just fuc*ing bad

misty1
02-08-2011, 01:32 PM
grigor is proving, again that he's not ready to play even with guys from the top 50 yet

he's going to lose to an okay tsonga and lost easily to an average wawrinka

barbadosan
02-08-2011, 01:33 PM
Federer at 19.8: highest raning - 18; 53 main level tournaments; the biggest achievements: QF at the Roland Garros, winner in Milan, 3-time finalist; 2 quarterfinals in Masters Series

Dimitrov at 19.8: highest ranking - 85; 11 main level tournaments; the biggest achievements: 2nd rd of Australian Open

So? You can seldom find a career path that mirrors another one exactly; and his results so far certainly don't preclude a more accelerated curve in the not too distant future. I don't think anyone was silly enough to claim he was a complete and indistinguishable replica of Fed

Voo de Mar
02-08-2011, 01:36 PM
So?

Allez said about comparison to Federer at the same age so I delivered this comparison. Everyone can draw conclusion on its own :)

barbadosan
02-08-2011, 01:42 PM
Allez said about comparison to Federer at the same age so I delivered this comparison. Everyone can draw conclusion on its own :)

And yet, from the much greater expectations of Fed. he too was underperforming, and I venture to suggest even more so, since the expectation barometer was way higher. So even in a comparison of ages/figures, you cannot necessarily draw the "obvious" conclusions

tumbak
02-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Give the guy time. Grigor needs to work on his returning and footwork. He's improving though.

Time Violation
02-08-2011, 01:45 PM
And yet, from the much greater expectations of Fed. he too was underperforming, and I venture to suggest even more so, since the expectation barometer was way higher. So even in a comparison of ages/figures, you cannot necessarily draw the "obvious" conclusions

Well, what's the hype then? :)

Allez
02-08-2011, 01:46 PM
So? You can seldom find a career path that mirrors another one exactly; and his results so far certainly don't preclude a more accelerated curve in the not too distant future. I don't think anyone was silly enough to claim he was a complete and indistinguishable replica of Fed

+ 1 :)

Blackbriar
02-08-2011, 01:48 PM
i told you i would post again after the result.

duong
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM
Give the guy time. Grigor needs to work on his returning and footwork. He's improving though.

yes exactly that's his main weaknesses.

I think he will improve but I doubt his footwork will ever be great enough for modern tennis, his legs look too long, he can't lean enough to play his shots.
I didn't notice exactly in the end of the match : seemingly he's the same size as Tsonga, isn't he, 1.88 m ? or a little bit more 1.90 m ?

His shots are delightful to my eyes however, they are very beautiful, it's already something more than Gulbis :p

Anyway he doesn't have the game to be a "brainless ball basher" and McNamara doesn't raise him to play this way : I read that once they were watching Bozoljac and McNamara told him "this isn't tennis" :lol:

DanaKz
02-08-2011, 01:58 PM
Hint to Dimitrov's fans: do you know where from all these haters come? From hype-"Future King"-threads you creating. It's annoying. Make hype - get hate. Nobody hates Filip Krajinovic f.e.

Voo de Mar
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
I didn't notice exactly in the end of the match : seemingly he's the same size as Tsonga, isn't he, 1.88 m ? or a little bit more 1.90 m ?

I had an impression they are the same height so 187 or 188 cm.

barbadosan
02-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Hint to Dimitrov's fans: do you know where from all these haters come? From hype-"Future King"-threads you creating. It's annoying. Make hype - get hate. Nobody hates Filip Krajinovic f.e.

You may have a point, but as Oscar Wilde said, "the only thing worse than being talked about, is NOT being talked about :D Maybe it's the same with sports "hate"

gindyo
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Yea, I don't insist on it, haven't seen him play much to be honest.

And that is what i hate :mad::mad:. clowns like you pretend to be mister "I know it all" and actually have no idea what they are talking about. I bet "haven't seen him play much to be honest" means "I haven't seen him play at all". I am sure that 90% of the people bashing Grigor are like you and haven't even seen him play on tv let alone live like the OP has.

Nole fan
02-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Not bad but I prefer Dolgo. :)

duong
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
I had an impression they are the same height so 187 or 188 cm.

yes, I had the same (Tsonga is this height on the ATP website but he looks nearer to 1.90m to me),

it's not as tall as it looks by the way he doesn't look comfortable with it.

It seems it doesn't fit his game.

For instance he doesn't play his backhand like Youzhny who's so good at playing a high one-handed backhand with his high preparation. He would need to have small legs like Gasquet :lol:

Blackbriar
02-08-2011, 02:08 PM
At one time Gasquet and Gulbis were considered the "future" too. We know what happened.

JeffCandoi
02-08-2011, 02:10 PM
get back to reality buddies, this guy is good, For sure will get some titles. But he is only NORMAL

Voo de Mar
02-08-2011, 02:11 PM
yes, I had the same (Tsonga is this height on the ATP website but he looks nearer to 1.90m to me), but he looks so tall on his legs :lol:

I don't like players height on ATP because it seems that conversion is from feet into meters, IMO should be otherwise to get more adequate dimensions :)

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 02:12 PM
At one time Gasquet and Gulbis were considered the "future" too. We know what happened.

Yeah, we know.

And lot of people said last year Melzer will be never top 10 player and he was last week. :)

Will be suprise for you if Grigor will play MUCH better and he will be really good player.

duong
02-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I don't like players height on ATP because it seems that conversion is from feet into meters, IMO should be otherwise to get more adequate dimensions :)

yes they do this way, the height is always 1.85, 1.87 or 1.90, never 1.86 or 1.88 :lol:

but also I think there are a few mistakes

Voo de Mar
02-08-2011, 02:20 PM
yes they do this way, the height is always 1.85, 1.87 or 1.90, never 1.86 or 1.88 :lol:

but also I think there are a few mistakes

Also never 191, 192, 194, 195...

I know that Moya and Safin's heights are ridiculous. Moya "is" 190, Safin 193 cm, but in the pictures where they are standing close to each other, Safin is considerably taller. Probably Moya is 188, Safin 195.

nadejda
02-08-2011, 03:44 PM
get back to reality buddies, this guy is good, For sure will get some titles. But he is only NORMAL

you know, beeing normal is pretty much disturbing :eek::eek: on MTF :D:D:D

it is somehow out of order beeing 19 years old and having won only junior slams...:eek::eek:

what a shame!

abraxas21
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
this thread reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ibYNQcAM4

Time Violation
02-08-2011, 04:14 PM
And that is what i hate :mad::mad:. clowns like you pretend to be mister "I know it all" and actually have no idea what they are talking about. I bet "haven't seen him play much to be honest" means "I haven't seen him play at all". I am sure that 90% of the people bashing Grigor are like you and haven't even seen him play on tv let alone live like the OP has.

Oh please, like this is a life or death situation, who cares. :) Matter a fact, OP said Grigor is future unbeatable player who will crush Tsonga today, so I have watched the whole match today and saw that Tsonga (who didn't play for serious in a long time) had absolutely no trouble handling him, let alone getting crushed.

As mentioned already, if you generate all the hype and rave, don't be surprised that not many will be ready to believe. :)

Allez
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that most people who overly hype Grisha up at this point in his career are nothing more than sad haters who love all the MTF hammering Dimitrov gets when he doesn't play well ;)

Therefore the OP must be in the throes of ectstasy with regards to all the abuse this lad is getting for losing to Tsonga today because the backlash is for no other reason than folks getting tired of these ridiculous threads and hype overload :rolleyes:

Sapeod
02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Good to see you back, Fed's Mate :)

I agree, Dimitrov is finally starting to change into an amazing player. He will be in the top 10 in no time, this year maybe. Winning a masters? I doubt he will with Murray, Nadal and Federer around. Going deep in slams....definitely. He is the next big thing. Him & Raonic will be in the top 10 and join the Big 4, Ferrer and Soderling as the big forces of tennis. Raonic & Dimitrov will join Djokovic and Murray and maybe Del Potro as the future top 5 of tennis.

Sapeod
02-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Reality is that this guy is an upcoming force of tennis. Him and Raonic will definitely join Murray as the future big guns of tennis. They will be the top 3, with Murray ahead of them in the next few years, maybe 2013.

Allez
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
Reality is that this guy is an upcoming force of tennis. Him and Raonic will definitely join Murray as the future big guns of tennis. They will be the top 3, with Murray ahead of them in the next few years, maybe 2013.

If I didn't know any better I'd swear Storm Lee is well and trully back to his fanatical best. Nice sig. Nothing scruffy about Murray there :p

Sapeod
02-08-2011, 05:09 PM
If I didn't know any better I'd swear Storm Lee is well and trully back to his fanatical best. Nice sig. Nothing scruffy about Murray there :p
Fanatical? Not really, I happen to think this is truth. Murray is getting better and better. He still plays badly in important matches, but he has all the tools to be an all time great. Raonic is amazing, he needs to become more consistent though. Dimitrov is a mini FedGod, except not as good obviously. Nobody will be as good as Federer was.

In a few years, the rankings will be:

1. Murray
2. Raonic
3. Dimitrov
4. Djokovic

Del Potro might be in there too.

They will swap around every now and then too.

Pirao666
02-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Break the top 10 this year? :lol: Another clown prediction by the biggest clown in this forum.

Sapeod
02-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Break the top 10 this year? :lol: Another clown prediction by the biggest clown in this forum.
Sorry, but I don't see what's so clownish about saying this. Dimitrov has changed. He used to be overrated (still is a little) but he is changing and is becoming better very quickly. He will break into the top 20 definitely. Top 10? Maybe, but he'll have to find form and go deep in slams.
Also, Fed's Mate is not a clown at all, he is a very infortmative poster who knows his stuff. This is not a clown prediction, watch Dimitrov reach the top 20 this year...

Blackbriar
02-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah a good prediction, like "Murray has grown up", "Murray is ready to win his first GS title", "Murray won't lose 3 in a row", "Andy will be the king of slam finals", "get ready for the best slam finals in years!" :rolleyes:

Smoke944
02-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Fanatical? Not really, I happen to think this is truth. Murray is getting better and better. He still plays badly in important matches, but he has all the tools to be an all time great. Raonic is amazing, he needs to become more consistent though. Dimitrov is a mini FedGod, except not as good obviously. Nobody will be as good as Federer was.

In a few years, the rankings will be:

1. Murray
2. Raonic
3. Dimitrov
4. Djokovic

Del Potro might be in there too.

They will swap around every now and then too.

:spit: :spit: :worship:

tribalfusion
02-08-2011, 05:39 PM
He will be in the top 10 in no time, this year

Another clown heard from quite appropriately.

Dimitrov is a talented youngster and that is all he is for the time being. You guys really don't realize how absurd you seem writing "he will be top 10 this year" on the basis of some aesthetically appealing strokes and a few wins.

He isn't even close to being at the performance level of Wawrinka or Almagro much less the top 10 for the short term.

Sapeod
02-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Dimitrov is one of the most talented players for quite a while (since Murray arrived, actually). He will go top 10 for sure in his career. This year? Maybe, but top 20 should be definite if he plays well.

tribalfusion
02-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Dimitrov is one of the most talented players for quite a while (since Murray arrived, actually). He will go top 10 for sure in his career. This year? Maybe, but top 20 should be definite if he plays well.

Starting to back down from your absurd prediction in the space of a few hours. A few more losses and perhaps you will repeat your flopping a la "Del Potro is the future of tennis" before rescinding that too

Top 20 is highly improbable for Dimitrov for the short term and only a bit less ridiculous than claiming top 10.

Top 20 players REGULARLY beat highly ranked players. Del Potro, Cilic, Dolgopolov and Gulbis have also arrived since Murray and to date all 3 have displayed far more than Dimitrov who has one decent win (over an erratic Golubev who is not even close to top 10 or 20 himself) in recent memory.

Lay off the hyperbole.

Everko
02-08-2011, 06:45 PM
Lay off the hyperbole.

Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

Blackbriar
02-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I think he is the future bandwaggon for sure.

Sapeod
02-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Starting to back down from your absurd prediction in the space of a few hours. A few more losses and perhaps you will repeat your flopping a la "Del Potro is the future of tennis" before rescinding that too

Top 20 is highly improbable for Dimitrov for the short term and only a bit less ridiculous than claiming top 10.

Top 20 players REGULARLY beat highly ranked players. Del Potro, Cilic, Dolgopolov and Gulbis have also arrived since Murray and to date all 3 have displayed far more than Dimitrov who has one decent win (over an erratic Golubev who is not even close to top 10 or 20 himself) in recent memory.

Lay off the hyperbole.
Starting to back down? Um, no, I don't think I am.

Cilic? More talented than Dimitrov? That's funny.

Top 20 may seem highly improbably, but he can do it. What will you all say at the end of the year when Dimitrov is ranked top 20?

Matt01
02-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Nice to see that the clowns are back.

:help:

(And I like Dimitrov...)

Mjau!
02-08-2011, 07:00 PM
Unfortunately, this is very week era for young tennis players. There have ALWAYS been young star players, even juniors, in this here sport.... But now? There is no one. Gregor is only hyped because of the lack of truly outstanding youngsters... He is not so good...

nadejda
02-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Top 20 may seem highly improbably, but he can do it. What will you all say at the end of the year when Dimitrov is ranked top 20?

I can't understand why are you pushing him reaching top 20 this year when Dimitrov himself is targeting top 50, which, IMO is possible?

:confused:

Pirao666
02-08-2011, 07:03 PM
Sorry, but I don't see what's so clownish about saying this. Dimitrov has changed. He used to be overrated (still is a little) but he is changing and is becoming better very quickly. He will break into the top 20 definitely. Top 10? Maybe, but he'll have to find form and go deep in slams.
Also, Fed's Mate is not a clown at all, he is a very infortmative poster who knows his stuff. This is not a clown prediction, watch Dimitrov reach the top 20 this year...

Keep dreaming.

Sapeod
02-08-2011, 07:04 PM
Nice to see that the clowns are back.

:help:

(And I like Dimitrov...)
Thanks for calling me a clown.

Seriously, I don't get you sometimes. You threatened to report me for badrepping you and saying you were being clownish. You know, being a hypocrite isn't good.

As for Dimitrov, I've explained enough in my above posts. I think he will reach the top 20 and I am fairly confident he will. See you all in November, when we can continue this argument, when Dimitrov is top 20.

Nole Rules
02-08-2011, 07:05 PM
I think he is the future bandwaggon for sure.

The question is, Will he have a bigger bandwagon than Nalbandian's?:cool:

nadejda
02-08-2011, 07:13 PM
As for Dimitrov, I've explained enough in my above posts. I think he will reach the top 20 and I am fairly confident he will. See you all in November, when we can continue this argument, when Dimitrov is top 20.

But if he makes his schedule in a way to play only weaker tournaments, so far, he is on a entry list of a challenger, I don't see how this is going to happen, really???

I like Grigor, but this hype about him is ridiculous! People are setting him goals he hasn't set himself and then bashing him from not reaching those??? I don't get this...

Matt01
02-08-2011, 07:21 PM

Seriously, I don't get you sometimes. You threatened to report me for badrepping you and saying you were being clownish. You know, being a hypocrite isn't good.

Where did I call you a clown? ;)

And I don't rememer that I ever threatend to report you for what you stated above.

Actually I think it's possible that he will be Top 20 at the end of this year. :shrug: It's your constant delusions about Murray (whom I like as well...) which are just too much :tape:...btw has Murray won the AO beating Djokovic like you predicted or did Murray lose to my fave in the final? I missed it, please tell me what happened :scratch:

tribalfusion
02-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Starting to back down? Um, no, I don't think I am.

Cilic? More talented than Dimitrov? That's funny.

First it was top 10. Now it is top 20. Soon you will revise that as well just like before Del Po was "the future of tennis" then you decided to jump off that wagon when he lost a few in a row badly.

If Dimitrov has a great showing I will be pleasantly surprised but I certainly don't expect it on the strength of one decent win at the higher levels and not much else. Top 20 means beating people like Golubev (and better) consistently.

As for Cilic displaying more than Dimitrov, you of all people as a fan of Murray should know that results count, not how "pretty" you find someone's game to be according to subjective aesthetic criteria.

Del Po, Dolgopolov, Cilic and even Gulbis have had results which for the time being, Dimitrov can't even imagine. We will see how their careers shape up but that is not going to happen in a few months but rather several years.

vn01
02-08-2011, 07:49 PM
2011-Top 40
2012-Top 15
2013-Top 5

:wavey:

Grigor Dimitrov is the future

END!

latso
02-08-2011, 08:14 PM
The last two guys he lost to were playing amazing tennis. Wawrinka was probably one of the best 4 in AO and Tsonga is gonna go deep in Rotterdam, maybe win it as well, coz he was flawless today - no FH errors, no BH errors, huge ammount of big serves right on time. Just perfect display.

Grigor has the game but needs a bit more of a few things (and i totally disagree about his footwork, which is borderline perfect).

He needs consistency first and experience, which are two factors almost overlaping.

He had 2 games off his level today - the first break he didn't serve one first serve and added 2 DFs, the second one he did his first FH UE and again serve wasn't there.

The rest of the time was exactly the way a match between a top 10 level indoors player and a top 20 level indoors player would battle - until TBs bring them apart.

I seriously do believe Grigor is top20-30 inddors player, but yet top 50ish outdors hard and probably there as well on clay.

Ppl underestimate his clay abilities, but he won last year his first challenger on the dirt and beating in the final non other but Pablo Andujar, who was and is pretty much rock and rolling on this surface, today humiliated Gimeno Traver f.e.

Adding some more muslce will give the lad the necessary power and "heaviness" behind the BH (which is also often the reason why one handers bloom later than 2 handers - one handed BH needs more muscle. Many might disagree with this, as it looks more "swingey" and effortless, though being in perfect position for it, it would ve effortless in bith cases, the difference comes in the points when u need to reach a bit for it.).

FH is there pretty much, serve is there, footwork and speed - there, touch and net play are ok, all of them need some more consistency and weight, but these will come in running this year and i expect him to be very interesting around the USO and after it.

In any case, as NAdejda said - he has top 50 as personal target. I believe it's a protective target set by McNamara, as the lad was burned after Rotterdam 2008, so now it's achieveable and there is no pressure whatsoever.

A mix of qualies, first/second rounds and high rank challengers, which is the perfect way for his actual level.

I believe that his end of the year ranking will depend very much on one thing - his draw at the USO.

If he gets a chance there, he can finish well inside top 30, if not - he'll just reach his target and end somehwere between 40th and 50th places.

If he's gonna be "magic"? I honestly hope so and seriously don't believe so.

Was Roddick magic? Not really, but he is a big champion anyway. Grigor logically should be between him and Safin, which is amazingly good anyway.

p.s. He isn't copying Federer's style on purpose. He is just trying to play the best, cleanest and efortless way possible, and Federer's style is the ultimate match, text book perfect.
And that's also why Grigor is so hyped - he has the perfect style. Let's hope it developes to a winner style.

My 2 (mil) cents :D

tumbak
02-08-2011, 08:32 PM
It looks like every time Grigor loses he'll be attacked by some guys. I'll tell you what, Tsonga was serving really good and he made Dimitrov look like a total crap returner. In reality it's not exactly like that. Tsonga is a solid top player, not many players are capable of beating him on that surface.

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 08:54 PM
2011-Top 40
2012-Top 15
2013-Top 5

END!

+1

Sonja1989
02-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Tell me, isn't it tiring sometimes to hating others so much?

duong
02-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Frankly speaking I saw both matches against Tsonga and Wawrinka and those two didn't play particularly well.

It was rather Dimitrov who made the errors.

His problem on return of serve I read it also in challengers last year.

I really hope that Dimitrov improves as I really like his style but so far I've seen nothing which lets expect that he will be top-30 soon. There's still a long way.

Frankly speaking I've been more impressed about Raonic's current level : he may have less potential than Dimitrov in the long run but at the moment, they are nearly the same age (only two months difference) and I feel Raonic is currently better.

As for the age, Nishikori, Cilic, Gulbis, Korolev had reached better rankings than Dimitrov one year younger than him (and Donald young had also reached one year younger the same level he has now) then he's not that young and nothing's written on paper.

Still his style brings some hope because it's really pleasant.

Smoke944
02-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Frankly speaking I saw both matches against Tsonga and Wawrinka and those two didn't play particularly well.

It was rather Dimitrov who made the errors.

His problem on return of serve I read it also in challengers last year.

I really hope that Dimitrov improves as I really like his style but so far I've seen nothing which lets expect that he will be top-30 soon. There's still a long way.

Frankly speaking I've been more impressed about Raonic's current level : he may have less potential than Dimitrov in the long run but at the moment, they are nearly the same age (only two months difference) and I feel Raonic is currently better.

As for the age, Nishikori, Cilic, Gulbis, Korolev had reached better rankings than Dimitrov one year younger than him (and Donald young had also reached one year younger the same level he has now) then he's not that young and nothing's written on paper.

Still his style brings some hope because it's really pleasant.

There is a 6 month difference between Raonic and Dimitrov.

duong
02-08-2011, 10:24 PM
There is a 6 month difference between Raonic and Dimitrov.

ah yes thanks 5 months :o I don't know why I thought Dimitrov was born in february, yet Raonic is nearly a player from 1991 (born the 27th of december)

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Tell me, isn't it tiring sometimes to hating others so much?

Nadal tards hate Grisha for obvious reasons.

For others...

I DIDNT compare Grisha to Fed. Roger is the Most talented player to ever play bar none. I never though anyone could touch him until i saw Grigor live in Melbourne.

Ill elaborate on the Tsonga match and more later

tribalfusion
02-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Nadal tards hate Grisha for obvious reasons.

For others...

I DIDNT compare Grisha to Fed. Roger is the Most talented player to ever play bar none. I never though anyone could touch him until i saw Grigor live in Melbourne.

Ill elaborate on the Tsonga match and more later

Yes please elaborate on the Tsonga match. Other than one solid win this year against a good but erratic opponent nowhere near the top, what has Dimitrov shown on the main tour which could cause any rational observer to put him in the top 10 before the year's end?

More than one Nadal fan has pumped up Dimitrov as well so no, you are wrong about that one as well. What people object to is ridiculously speculating and pumping up a guy who is a promising youngster when there are plenty of guys who have done much more at similar stages and are doing more now but who simply don't play styles you appreciate.

dabeast
02-08-2011, 11:30 PM
Dimitrov is nothing like Roger Federer. This kid is so overhyped it's ridiculous, talent means nothing if you can't back it up with big titles and big wins. We'll see what he can do this year, tho i suspect not much.

He reeks of try-hard. The guy is a Fed-wannabe, from his groundstrokes right down to his wristband. And his attitude stinks too.

Pirata.
02-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Fed's Mate, will you change your name to Dimitrov's Mate someday?

Experimentee
02-09-2011, 12:48 AM
I also saw him at the AO but I think the OP's ridiculous predictions are definitely too over the top.

Threads like this are the reason people hate these players and hope for them to fail.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-09-2011, 06:17 AM
I also saw him at the AO but I think the OP's ridiculous predictions are definitely too over the top.

Threads like this are the reason people hate these players and hope for them to fail.

err sorry to burst your bubble but no. You obvious didn't watch him at the AO if you don't think Grigor will make top 10 by the end of the year.

Fed's Mate, will you change your name to Dimitrov's Mate someday?

No. Cost Money.

Yes please elaborate on the Tsonga match. Other than one solid win this year against a good but erratic opponent nowhere near the top, what has Dimitrov shown on the main tour which could cause any rational observer to put him in the top 10 before the year's end?

More than one Nadal fan has pumped up Dimitrov as well so no, you are wrong about that one as well. What people object to is ridiculously speculating and pumping up a guy who is a promising youngster when there are plenty of guys who have done much more at similar stages and are doing more now but who simply don't play styles you appreciate.

- Grigor has so much raw talent it's not even funny.
- Tsonga is no slouch
-Played his best match of the year
-I truly though Grigor was beat him, but i was wrong. Grigor played an awful match, shit happens. On a good day he will wipe the floor with jo and I'm sure he will for many years to come. He's the better player. Tsonga would give him right arm to have a teaspoon of Grigors talent.
- What has he shown?, potential and talent that hasn't been seen since roger that's what he showed. Do me a favor, stretch your legs make the effort to get off your arm chair and buy some tix to the US Open. Watch him there and watch him tear up a freaking storm. Then you may finally get where I'm coming from. i hope.

Done so much more? that might be true. HOWEVER will do so much more? that sure as hell isn't true. Grigor has been handed tennis talent from the sky above and will utilize it too full affect. I have never been so interested in a player and his abilities since fed. I have a great eye in scouting young talent and Grigor is the best of the best.

Be happy, tennis will be in safe hands soon enough. BTW GRIGOR PLAYING NEXT WEEK AND WILL WIN TITLE. Watch and revel. He showed vs Jo that even when playing his worst he can hang with the big guns. All this was, was a roadblock in Grigors drive to dominance.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-09-2011, 06:19 AM
2011-Top 40
2012-Top 15
2013-Top 5

END!

+1 except i have higher expectations.

Matt01
02-09-2011, 12:46 PM
err sorry to burst your bubble but no. You obvious didn't watch him at the AO if you don't think Grigor will make top 10 by the end of the year.

- Tsonga is no slouch
-I truly though Grigor was beat him, but i was wrong. Grigor played an awful match, shit happens. On a good day he will wipe the floor with jo and I'm sure he will for many years to come. He's the better player. Tsonga would give him right arm to have a teaspoon of Grigors talent.
- What has he shown?, potential and talent that hasn't been seen since roger that's what he showed. Do me a favor, stretch your legs make the effort to get off your arm chair and buy some tix to the US Open. Watch him there and watch him tear up a freaking storm. Then you may finally get where I'm coming from. i hope.

Done so much more? that might be true. HOWEVER will do so much more? that sure as hell isn't true. Grigor has been handed tennis talent from the sky above and will utilize it too full affect. I have never been so interested in a player and his abilities since fed. I have a great eye in scouting young talent and Grigor is the best of the best.

Be happy, tennis will be in safe hands soon enough. BTW GRIGOR PLAYING NEXT WEEK AND WILL WIN TITLE. Watch and revel. He showed vs Jo that even when playing his worst he can hang with the big guns. All this was, was a roadblock in Grigors drive to dominance.

Delusional as always.

Allez
02-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Nothing but a Dimitrov hater. No one hypes up a still developing kid this much unless they have an ulterior motive...

Xristos
02-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes I too saw him at the AO and was very, very impressed. He really is the future.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
02-09-2011, 02:14 PM
feds mate? What have u been smoking?
The guy is a wannabe fed clone. Who hasn't really proven his worth (yet)

Don't compare him to the real deal

nadejda
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM

His couch said about the comparision with Federer: "He is not even closer" and Grigor is fine with this.

but some people here are...:cuckoo::cuckoo:

tumbak
02-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Sorry, guys. Dimitrov will be a factor in the future and you have to face and deal with it.

hicdick
02-09-2011, 02:52 PM
Sorry, guys. Dimitrov will be a factor in the future and you have to face and deal with it.

i hope so. he still needs to work on his game quite a bit though.. he needs to improve his footwork and backhand... his returns aren't too good either. his biggest problem is between his ears though, he seems to get too easily upset after missing a shot.. that reminds me of young federer too. but for sure, he's a very gifted young lad and has all the chances to make into top 10. people here are overreacting because of his loss yesterday. tsonga is a top player, no shame in a loss to a former top10/grand slam finalist.

cutesteve22
02-09-2011, 02:57 PM
overrated

Matt01
02-09-2011, 04:37 PM

We will deal with it when (or rather: IF) he reaches the top. :wavey:

Allez
02-09-2011, 04:55 PM
We will deal with it when (or rather: IF) he reaches the top. :wavey:

Why take the chance ? The internet may not be around then. Best to use this opportunity to go into a hype overdrive just in case the internet has gone kaput or none of us are around to witness this inevitability ;)

Matt01
02-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Why take the chance ? The internet may not be around then. Best to use this opportunity to go into a hype overdrive just in case the internet has gone kaput or none of us are around to witness this inevitability ;)

The internet going kaput? What a horrible thought. :bigcry:

Everko
02-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Factor in winning every biggest joke of the year polls on MTF. I am looking forward to it

A_Skywalker
02-09-2011, 06:59 PM
At one time I thought you talk about Jesus Christ.

"Grigor has been handed tennis talent from the sky above and will utilize it too full affect."

No. Cost Money.

- Tsonga is no slouch

Halba
02-09-2011, 07:01 PM

tsonga said dimitrov is very loose, federer doesn't give chances.

jazar
02-09-2011, 08:43 PM
I was in Rotterdam and saw Grigor's match with Tsonga. Here are my main impressions of him:

Serve and forehand are very Federer-esque; smooth and flowing. Very natural ability. Backhand is the bug weakness. Slice is fine, but topspin is inconsistent. I think there is a bit of a technical issue there that needs to be. Also he doesn't return well against big servers.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-09-2011, 10:28 PM
I was in Rotterdam and saw Grigor's match with Tsonga. Here are my main impressions of him:

Serve and forehand are very Federer-esque; smooth and flowing. Very natural ability. Backhand is the bug weakness. Slice is fine, but topspin is inconsistent. I think there is a bit of a technical issue there that needs to be. Also he doesn't return well against big servers.

I LOVE is BH and it will only get better with time. Who knows in 5 years when Dima is in double digits in slam counts his Bh could be thrown around as one of the best ever. He isn't used to facing big servers anyway, the more he plays against them the better his returner will get. Grigor thrives off confidence and the more playing time the better. Good post

He is just waiting to explode. I.Cant.Wait.

not just a factor. He will Dominate. he has the spark that it factor. Unreal how dynamic he is. SO much raw talent it's ridiculous. It's getting closer.

I'm not comparing him to Rog. I SAID i have never seen so much potential since Fed, trust my word on this. He is something special and will prove all the haters in this thread very wrong. He just has IT, he carries the aura of a champion. One click and it all falls into place.

Matt01
02-09-2011, 11:54 PM
:lol:

GlennMirnyi
02-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Every day is cuckoo land day in MTF.

dabeast
02-10-2011, 12:20 AM

Nope, nothing against Dimitrov personally, I don't wish for this kid or any young up-and-comer to fail, that's just loser talk.

But when Lundgren came out and said Dimitrov was a better player than Fed was at the same age at 19 years, that really got on my nerves. The corresponding results certainly disproved Lundgren's opinion.

Then what really started to piss me off was watching the guy play. I've seen his practice sessions and the guy really tries so hard to play like Fed, nothing wrong with that, but why would I wanna watch a likeness of Fed when the true Original is still playing. That's as silly as me watching Kobe play when MJ is still around... Like one is a true Original while the other will always be a pretender :o also, besides his awkward bh technique, his forehand doesn't have half the racket head speed of Rog. Nishikori has the most Fed-like fh I've seen so far from the younger guys.

02-10-2011, 01:31 AM
tsonga said dimitrov is very loose, federer doesn't give chances.

when you have a screw loose u tighten it up

and in the words of mirka

"federer is one hell of a screw" :rolleyes:

oranges
02-10-2011, 01:36 AM
But when Lundgren came out and said Dimitrov was a better player than Fed was at the same age at 19 years, that really got on my nerves. The corresponding results certainly disproved Lundgren's opinion.

OMG, you're still stuck on that. For at least the fifth time, Lundgren said it privately to Dimitrov, undoubtedly as a way to boost his confidence, He wasn't the one blabbing to the media, nor was it intended for the media, so could you get over it finally. The sensitivity of the Fedtards, un-fucking-believable.

dabeast
02-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Calm down ... I had no idea Lundgren said that crap in private conversation, I found out when it was splashed on some article, still doesn't change the fact that what he said was false, and giving Dimitrov false hope like that?? not good.

oranges
02-10-2011, 01:49 AM
:rolleyes: Yeah, such bad move that for his career. Must be such moves why he's so good working with talented headcases, you dearest included.

dabeast
02-10-2011, 01:55 AM
That just proves the difference in quality between the 2 players, one is gifted, the other just very talented. There's a reason why Dimitrov is still stagnating at this stage.

02-10-2011, 01:59 AM
lets not forget

talent alone left federer in 1999- early rg loss in 2003

with ZERO slams
ZERO slam final
ZERO slam semi finals

it was hard work that got roger the 16 slams

90% perspiration

dabeast
02-10-2011, 02:02 AM
not just hard work and commitment, he finally got his head in the right place

oranges
02-10-2011, 02:36 AM
That just proves the difference in quality between the 2 players, one is gifted, the other just very talented. There's a reason why Dimitrov is still stagnating at this stage.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rafa = Fed Killa
02-10-2011, 02:54 AM
This ballet dancin clown Dimitrow is gonna end up worse than Gasgirl.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-10-2011, 05:04 AM
This ballet dancin clown Dimitrow is gonna end up worse than Gasgirl.

Federers mate big internet tough guy rafa pushermug who can only grind like Kym Johnson on the tennis court. Rafa more shy den geeky high skool students who gonna end up in obscurity like old man ferrero.

Federers mate thinks it's funny if we both talk like this.

Rafa=Fed Killa, Federers Mate wonder *scratches head,*

How is babby formed?

On a serious Note...Grigor is no Gasquet. Gasquet is one of the most talented players on tour but there are some key differences.

- gasquet wont improve, Grigor will
-Grigor hits with more power off both wings
-Grigor has more variety
- Grigor has bigger serve
- Grigor is a better mover
- Grigor has better technique
-Grigor is better looking thus will be marketable in the future
-Grigor is more ruthless
- Grigor is Bulgarian
-Grigor has more potential and has more raw talent

+ like a million more reasons. Gasquet is a tadpole in a big lake whilst Grigor is a shark. It's a joke comparing the two

tennis2tennis
02-10-2011, 03:33 PM
i'd love for this kid to get breakthrough in 2011 !!

Everko
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Federers mate big internet tough guy rafa pushermug who can only grind like Kym Johnson on the tennis court. Rafa more shy den geeky high skool students who gonna end up in obscurity like old man ferrero.

How is babby formed?

On a serious Note...Grigor is no Gasquet. Gasquet is one of the most talented players on tour but there are some key differences.

-Grigor has more variety
-Grigor is more ruthless
- Grigor is Bulgarian

+ like a million more reasons. Gasquet is a tadpole in a big lake whilst Grigor is a shark. It's a joke comparing the two

This is all wrong. Gasquet's backhand is far superior to Dimitrov's and that is supposed to be Dimitrov's strength. gasquet has been an absolute failure and everything you say about Dimitrov was once said about Gasquet.

What exactky have you seen that makes you think Dimitrov is more "ruthless" than Gasquet?

Time Violation
02-10-2011, 04:07 PM
This is all wrong. Gasquet's backhand is far superior to Dimitrov's and that is supposed to be Dimitrov's strength. gasquet has been an absolute failure and everything you say about Dimitrov was once said about Gasquet.

Gasquet was #7 at some point and was in Wimbledon SF, not sure how is that an absolute failure, though of course he didn't achieve as much as some people expected.

Sonja1989
02-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Dear -Federers_Mate-,
Gasquet is overrated in this forum.

Sorry guys, I know Gasquet was very good player when he played SF in Wimbledon, but it was 2007.(?) 4 years is very long time and now he isn't bad, but... and his fan think so good as in 2007.

Sapeod
02-10-2011, 04:59 PM

How is babby formed?

-Grigor has more variety
-Grigor is more ruthless
- Grigor is Bulgarian

All correct.

Anyone who thinks Grigor won't be huge soon is kidding themselves.

tribalfusion
02-10-2011, 05:25 PM
All correct.

Anyone who thinks Grigor won't be huge soon is kidding themselves.

Yes and your prediction record is AWESOME, dude.

Please.

Allez
02-10-2011, 05:32 PM
OP nothing but a Grisha hater.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-10-2011, 06:07 PM
Dear -Federers_Mate-,
Gasquet is overrated in this forum.

Sorry guys, I know Gasquet was very good player when he played SF in Wimbledon, but it was 2007.(?) 4 years is very long time and now he isn't bad, but... and his fan think so good as in 2007.

Ageed BIG TIME. No doubt Richard is very talented by top 20 material? please. It pains me to see him getting compared to Gasquet when Grigor is miles more talented and has more raw potential in his finger than Gasquet. Grigor is the next big thing and Gasuet is not

What exactky have you seen that makes you think Dimitrov is more "ruthless" than Gasquet?

No it's not...

I saw he had that killer instinct that Richie lacks. That spark that only a very select few have. Grigor is more aggressive in his shot making and is a more dynamic player.

OP nothing but a Grisha hater.

could you please kindly leave this thread if you want your judgment clouded by Nadal/Djok ass. I am SICK of having to handle you with kiddy gloves.

I couldn't careless if you are delusional enough to think Grigor wont be top 20 at least by the end of the year and a major player in big tourneys. Keep it to yourself

Michael Bluth
02-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Young players take longer to break through these days. The more physical nature of the game makes it really hard for teenagers to rise to the top.

Case in point: Dimitrov is the only teenager in the top 100 ( I think, correct me if I'm wrong). He is one of only three players born in the 90s in the top 100 (the other two being Berankis and Raonic), is a year younger than the other two.

My point being, give him time. He is only just starting to arrive, and the fact that people were ragging on him for losing to a good player like Tsonga is just dumb.

Allez
02-10-2011, 06:17 PM
could you please kindly leave this thread if you want your judgment clouded by Nadal/Djok ass. I am SICK of having to handle you with kiddy gloves.

I couldn't careless if you are delusional enough to think Grigor wont be top 20 at least by the end of the year and a major player in big tourneys. Keep it to yourself

You must be mistaking me with someone else dude. Don't know where that tirade comes from. What I do know is that you're no fan of Grisha. You're a glory hunter who hopes Grisha does well so you can see yourself as vindicated in your ability to spot talent. When did you become aware of Grigor ? There have been many threads about him in the past. Some of us have watched him for a long time while you seem to have only just discovered him :lol: Kid gloves ? Whatever are you talking about :rolleyes:

Sonja1989
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Ageed BIG TIME. No doubt Richard is very talented by top 20 material? please. It pains me to see him getting compared to Gasquet when Grigor is miles more talented and has more raw potential in his finger than Gasquet. Grigor is the next big thing and Gasuet is not

Ouch. I didn't said Gasquet is more talented. I said only Gasquet was good player in 2007. :sad:
I know Grigor is miles more talented. :)
I think Grigor can beat Gasquet this time.

Sapeod
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Gasquet was only good in Wimbledon 2007. Apart from that, he's been an average top 30 player. Nowadays, he's a top 40 player at best. He isn't even that talented, he only has a good backhand.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-10-2011, 06:30 PM
You must be mistaking me with someone else dude. Don't know where that tirade comes from. What I do know is that you're no fan of Grisha. You're a glory hunter who hopes Grisha does well so you can see yourself as vindicated in your ability to spot talent. When did you become aware of Grigor ? There have been many threads about him in the past. Some of us have watched him for a long time while you seem to have only just discovered him :lol: Kid gloves ? Whatever are you talking about :rolleyes:

@ the Gloryhunter comment, the only player in the top 10 i support is Roger Federer who i have been a fan of since Forever. I thought that once Roger Leaves the sport we are left with boring players like Djok.Berankis etc, i am delighted to say i am wrong now that Grisha has arrived whom i like because he plays my most preferred style + attitude + reminds me of Federer in some ways + sponsored by Nike just a general HUGE talent with a BIG future with a AMAZING game to watch. How could you not like Grigor. I spot talent all the time not just with Grigor doesn't mean i necessary like the player e.g Dolgo will be BIG but i CANT stand him. I watched him in a wimby junior final vs Henri and other televised tourneys like Rotterdam and Queens aswell as this year LIVE in the AO twice (you need to see his game up close to really appreciate it). I also watched a ton of his challenger matches last year when he really showed me he was for real as i had him in tt picks. I have been watching him for a lot longer than you buddy not that i could give a shit. The thing is Grigor will save tennis from a all these one dimensional players and i didn't think anyone could. The future is bright is more ways than one ;)

You know Exactly what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Ouch. I didn't said Gasquet is more talented. I said only Gasquet was good player in 2007. :sad:
I know Grigor is miles more talented. :)
I think Grigor can beat Gasquet this time.

agreed. I know, i was referring to Everko and co ;). I agreed with you earlier on Gasqeut being overrated on this forum which he is. I think Grigor will crush Richie next time the play as well

Filo V.
02-10-2011, 06:40 PM
I think Grigor and Dima make a hot couple :drool:

So yes, he is the future. Future of 1/2 of tennis' newest power couple.

Sapeod
02-10-2011, 06:52 PM
agreed. I know, i was referring to Everko and co ;). I agreed with you earlier on Gasqeut being overrated on this forum which he is. I think Grigor will crush Richie next time the play as well
Grigor will crush a lot of players soon. Soon enough, especially in 2012, he will destroy the likes of Gasquet, Baghdatis, Ljubicic and Almagro.

dombrfc
02-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Dimitrov looks quality in my eyes, lets see if he uses it to positive effect unlike others you have fallen into this category.

Everko
02-14-2011, 05:16 PM
Grigor will crush a lot of players soon. Soon enough, especially in 2012, he will destroy the likes of Gasquet, Baghdatis, Ljubicic and Almagro.

why did you chose those guys?

Sapeod
02-14-2011, 06:54 PM
why did you chose those guys?
Because they are some players that are usually around the 30-10 range :rolleyes:

Maybe Alamgro is a bit much atm, Nicolas is a lot better than most players in the 30-10 range and some in the top 10.

Orka_n
02-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Maybe Alamgro is a bit much atm, Nicolas is a lot better than most players in the 30-10 range and some in the top 10.Who?

Sapeod
02-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Who?
Youzhny, Verdasco, Roddick and Berdych.

At his best, Almagro is better than these guys.

FlameOn
02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Dimitrov's a little bitch. This was '07 so you could forgive him this:
u3VGp3aKB8g

But as the umpire pushing incident shows he hasn't changed at all. Here's hoping this prick never reaches the top of our sport.

Ibracadabra
02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
lol mugro better than misha

Mungo
02-14-2011, 08:46 PM
The future Verdasco? God what a choker.

madmax
02-14-2011, 08:47 PM
he sure is a future, ain't he...but first he must start beating Tursunovs of this world

hotdog
02-14-2011, 08:49 PM
I wonder if the original poster will come on here and still say he is the future...lol

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
he sure is a future, ain't he...but first he must start beating Tursunovs of this world

Did you see Berdych - Tursunov match in Rotterdam? I think no. Tursunov played very well...

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I wonder if the original poster will come on here and still say he is the future...lol

Federer_Mate isn't here, but I say

Grisho is the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pirao666
02-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Bandwagon derailed once again :lol:

v-money
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
The future Verdasco? God what a choker.

I didn't watch the match, but i doubt this constitutes as a choke. In fact he saved one break point to take it into that tiebreak and was never ahead in the tiebreak. Nevertheless, if he is the next big thing he has to get past the first round of tournaments. Not really sure what people are basing their top 20 predictions on. That he has a beautiful and technically sound game? So what?That may somewhat help him move up in the rankings but doesn't miraculously lead to a top 20 player. Good luck to him and his fans though.

Sapeod
02-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Todays match was nowhere near how Grigor can play.....................he can play much much better......he has a great year ahead of him. Tursunov struggled because Grigor was so good, he had to dig deep to get the win.

Don't let this loss fool you.....Grigor has a great year ahead of him....he is just getting started.

DrJules
02-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Youzhny, Verdasco, Roddick and Berdych.

At his best, Almagro is better than these guys.

Is that supposed to be a joke.

JeffCandoi
02-14-2011, 09:14 PM
are you still dreaming? :rolls:

Sapeod
02-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Is that supposed to be a joke.
Of course not....have you seen Almagro at his best? He's amazing, even on grass courts.

At his very best he is better than Verdasco...Youzhny and Berdych. Roddick is better at his very best, but nowadays Almagro is better.

Who's doing better this season so far??? Almagro....

GugaF1
02-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I am a fan of Dimitrov's game and I hope he fufills his potential, by why get ahead of yourselves so much and push the expectation bar so damn high? I mean I am all for positive and optimistic projection on players with good potential but to say that he will come to be a major contender at the very top is just too soon.

The best realistic projection for him at the momment is to finish the year around the top 20, developing his game nicely and go from there. In tennis there is no such a thing as projecting Number one players and multi slam winner, at least not until they are well in the top 10.

nadejda
02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
+1

even though McNamara said to Grigor - 'there are no shortcuts in this sport' and aiming top 50 this year is just fine and possible. top 20 is too much for him now.

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Grisho will be GS winner in 2014!!! You will see.

Mungo
02-14-2011, 09:51 PM
I didn't watch the match, but i doubt this constitutes as a choke. In fact he saved one break point to take it into that tiebreak and was never ahead in the tiebreak. Nevertheless, if he is the next big thing he has to get past the first round of tournaments. Not really sure what people are basing their top 20 predictions on. That he has a beautiful and technically sound game? So what?That may somewhat help him move up in the rankings but doesn't miraculously lead to a top 20 player. Good luck to him and his fans though.

I don't know if he choked today but I noticed he loses too many close matches, it's a trend.

borracho
02-14-2011, 09:54 PM
I am a fan of Dimitrov's game and I hope he fufills his potential, by why get ahead of yourselves so much and push the expectation bar so damn high? I mean I am all for positive and optimistic projection on players with good potential but to say that he will come to be a major contender at the very top is just too soon.

The best realistic projection for him at the momment is to finish the year around the top 20, developing his game nicely and go from there. In tennis there is no such a thing as projecting Number one players and multi slam winner, at least not until they are well in the top 10.

agree, time will tell. I saw him playing qualies in Rotterdam last week, and I am still very impressed, one of my favorite players to watch cause of his excellenbt technique and quite allround game. At least he isn't one of those 2HBH tennis robots but a player with style.

Allez
02-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Please can this thread be closed and re-opened once Grigor wins something worth talking about ? It is tiring seeing it resurrected everytime he loses a match :rolleyes:

Mods ?????????????????????????

Sonja1989
02-14-2011, 10:18 PM
Please can this thread be closed and re-opened once Grigor wins something worth talking about ? It is tiring seeing it resurrected everytime he loses a match :rolleyes:

Mods ?????????????????????????

Because he lost to Wawrinka, Tsonga and Tursunov (his age in third set tie-break)?

duong
02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I don't know if he choked today but I noticed he loses too many close matches, it's a trend.

even a few years ago I had noticed to that.

Opposite to Tomic who's usually had great results in tie-breaks and tight matches.

However, last year it was better for Dimitrov in those matches.

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-15-2011, 12:46 AM
agree, time will tell. I saw him playing qualies in Rotterdam last week, and I am still very impressed, one of my favorite players to watch cause of his excellenbt technique and quite allround game. At least he isn't one of those 2HBH tennis robots but a player with style.

Great post and thanks for the valuable insight. No youngster on the atp has the raw talent that Grigor has. Dimitrov isn't the kind of player that will steadily rise, he is the type of player that needs everything to click into place and off he goes into the history books. Unlike other young players he isn't limited and he has an array of shots that not many can boast about. Oh and that Forehand is something else.

@ V-Money you need a technically sound and amazing game to REALLY STAND OUT and make a real name for yourself and have a lengthy reign at the top of the game. Unlike others Grigor has variety and style on his side meaning it's harder to figure him out and he can adapt to different styles much like Federer. He will be VERY hard to beat once his talent is finally unleashed

.-Federers_Mate-.
02-15-2011, 12:55 AM
Dimitrov's a little bitch. This was '07 so you could forgive him this:

But as the umpire pushing incident shows he hasn't changed at all. Here's hoping this prick never reaches the top of our sport.

:retard:

As of late umpiring and on court services in general have been very POOR and this is affecting our game and the way people see it. It's unprofessional and the atp board is FAR to lenient. Grigor is clever like, he wants to take advantage of the situation. SHOW them that what they are doing is bad and they need to up the game even if it involves a little improvisation. THEY need to know about their mistakes and SOMEONE needs to take a hard line with them and that SOMEONE IS GRIGOR DIMITROV. Grigor isn't a push over and he wont let their incompetence affect the outcome of his matches. Hope this helps.

He's an entertainment machine and so what if he ruffs up this piss poor umpires. Are you related to them? do you know these umpires personalty? otherwise you shouldn't care. You shouldn't care either way. Grigor is young, he is a hot head and he is full of flair and potential. It's good imo to see these sorts of players emerge and push out the boring personality less Berankis-Bellucci-Ferrer's off this world etc

Hewitt =Legend
02-15-2011, 02:00 AM
Ok, I know this guy is going to be a heck of a player, but how did those predictions of winning Rotterdam and Marseille go for you?

Couldn't have possibly have been a knee jerk reaction from having watched him at the AO could it?

bokehlicious
02-15-2011, 08:37 AM
2011 USO finals: Murray-Dimitrov.

Book it :o

FormerRafaFan
02-15-2011, 09:05 AM
As of now Raonic has proved himself a better player with more important wins than Dimitrov. However, Dimitrov is younger, and he's a pretty good player. I think both him and Raonic will do well this season!

I must say though that I like Milos' behavior on court more than Grisha's. Shoving that umpire was uncalled for and the three weeks suspension was right imo. It's obvious this guy is going places though, and he can't be too bad since he has a lot of fans. But yeah, I don't think I'll be a fan of him.. sorry. I still appreciate his game though and it's nice to see some new blood on the ATP tour :)

guichard
02-15-2011, 09:29 AM

LOL not doing so well on ATP main draw.

Pirao666
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Grigor will not end in the top 20 this year, book it.

Blackbriar
02-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Grigor Dimitrov is ATP Future

Juanes
02-15-2011, 04:09 PM
yes, he is getting better and better ... so it is very possible that we will hear a lot about him in future....

Sonja1989
02-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Grigor will not end in the top 20 this year, book it.

Really not. But the next year... yes.

LawrenceOfTennis
03-22-2011, 05:01 PM
hahahahaha DUMB THREAD. he's talented...but most talented youngster? pfff

ossie
03-22-2011, 05:42 PM
lmao dimugtrov the future of tennis? :haha:

roddick will win wimbledon beating fed in straights before this clown achieves anything worthwhile.

seriously mtf, the stuff you can come up with sometimes :o

LawrenceOfTennis
03-22-2011, 05:43 PM
lmao dimugtrov the future of tennis? :haha:

roddick will win wimbledon beating fed in straights before this clown achieves anything worthwhile.

seriously mtf, the stuff you can come up with sometimes :o

:) true

ossie
03-22-2011, 06:02 PM
:) truei was being sarcastic, i hope you were being sarcastic too when you said you liked roddicks game and his personality :D

Sapeod
03-22-2011, 06:36 PM
hahahahaha DUMB THREAD. he's talented...but most talented youngster? pfff
One of the most, yeah.
He'll be top 20 by the end of the year, 100%.

vn01
03-22-2011, 06:59 PM
All haters can keep hating. :o

Sonja1989
03-22-2011, 07:18 PM

Try laugh for haters, they are funny sometimes... ;)

ssin
03-22-2011, 07:24 PM
It's not so bad if your favorite player is hated. It could mean he is dangerous. ;)
Don't worry ;)

Orka_n
03-22-2011, 08:24 PM
One of the most, yeah.
He'll be top 20 by the end of the year, 100%.Just like Murray will win 7 slams?

Sapeod
03-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Just like Murray will win 7 slams?
Yes.

Pirao666
03-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Just like Murray will win 7 slams?

As long as he dodges facing Donald Young in the 1st round :angel:

tribalfusion
03-23-2011, 01:04 AM
As long as he dodges facing Donald Young in the 1st round :angel:

I know we are all hoping for that one.

Also Dimitrov can easily play Fed in this draw...he is right in Fed's section which I am sure most people here would enjoy ;)

shiaben
03-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Dimitrov is the next best mug :)

vn01
03-23-2011, 06:21 PM
Grigor will beat both Stakhovsky and Monaco and then lose to Federer in tough 3-setter ;)

LawrenceOfTennis
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Grigor will beat both Stakhovsky and Monaco and then lose to Federer in tough 3-setter ;)

well, it's a little early to predict this, but would be wonderful to see Federer and Dimitrov on the same court playing against each other. Yeah, but I guess it'd rather be a tough 2 setter with Federer's routine.

Adri89
03-23-2011, 06:41 PM
One of the most, yeah.
He'll be top 20 by the end of the year, 100%.

Dimitrov is talented well. I think he is a future top 20 player (maybe even a top 10) but not for this year.
Top 40 would be already a very good year for him.
At this point of their careers, I find Raonic and even Harrison more promising.
But this generation is under the 1986-1987's generation. Gasquet, Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, even Monfils. All those guys were youngster at the top. It will be hard for the young players to dominate this generation : logically, they arrive to their top (just look Djokovic).

I remember last year at the same period when everyone was saying that Del Bonis was the most promising young guy and he didn't improve at all. Dimitrov is improving, slowly but surely. Anyway, he's not the same talent material as Federer or Nadal if you ask me.

LawrenceOfTennis
03-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Dimitrov is talented well. I think he is a future top 20 player (maybe even a top 10) but not for this year.
Top 40 would be already a very good year for him.
At this point of their careers, I find Raonic and even Harrison more promising.
But this generation is under the 1986-1987's generation. Gasquet, Nadal, Murray, Djokovic, even Monfils. All those guys were youngster at the top. It will be hard for the young players to dominate this generation : logically, they arrive to their top (just look Djokovic).

I remember last year at the same period when everyone was saying that Del Bonis was the most promising young guy and he didn't improve at all. Dimitrov is improving, slowly but surely. Anyway, he's not the same talent material as Federer or Nadal if you ask me.

Yeah, agree but tennis is something where most predictions won't come true. Who'd thought in december that Raonic is going to be top 40 player in 2 months? I think nobody. With a surprise winning streak, Dimitroc can find himself in the top 20. Of course it's a lot different from breaking into top 50 from anywhere. But it's not impossible. Just imagine him witha good draw at Wimbledon. Or Queens. Who knows.......Del Potro was about to be number 3 or 2 shortly but came injury...so nobody knows really.

mrclyde
03-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Dimitrov is on the right way. You could say in 2010 that he won't make never Top 100, but since then he changed his coach and everything changed and he improved. Unlike Young he improves with every month especially thanks to his mentality. Harrison and Raonic also have mentality. One thing that it can slow him are the bigger expectations here in Bulgaria. You know, Balkan mentality. And for now when when he faces big names his problems are more psychological, he starts making stupid mistakes. Like with Tsonga and Gasquet, but Llodra, Mahut and Tursunov. He is on the right way, but who knows when he'll finish in Top 30. Also past 2 years gave him a big lesson how big talent can be ruined, because of the expectations and empty words of Lundgren.

tests
04-08-2011, 04:25 PM
if it grigor dimitrov realizes his potential, how good can he be? Does he have A+ talent? Does he have all the shots?

I remember people comparing him as a mixture between federer/safin.

Whats your guys opinions?

vn01
04-08-2011, 04:29 PM
he has a great potential, he'll realize it(but grigor needs much time). And yes, he have all the shots. Just has to leatm how and when to use them better.

He'll be a Top 10 player in 2013

StoGas
04-08-2011, 04:52 PM
He should play train more :scratch:

nadejda
04-08-2011, 05:16 PM
pfuuu don't we have already 3876737673682 threads about that???? :(

pls, stop posting such nonsense, the guy has been discussed so many times

we don't need this :mad:

tests
04-09-2011, 12:35 AM
yes but talent wise, how does he xompare to fed nadal djokovic safin nalbandian etc

Sonja1989
04-09-2011, 12:52 AM
pfuuu don't we have already 3876737673682 threads about that???? :(

pls, stop posting such nonsense, the guy has been discussed so many times

we don't need this :mad:

+1

Plus one thread where we should see the Lithuanian haters bad comments...

Anyway I think we will see soon, don't be impatient. ;) I promised I say nothing about his future. He has talent but it isn't enough.

tests
04-09-2011, 01:43 AM
answer my question than, how does he compare, TALENT WISE, to marat safin, federer, nadal, djokovic, nalbandian? Is he as talented as those guys? i.e. potential to be an all time great?

tests
04-10-2011, 05:04 AM
bump.. anyone?

tennis2tennis
04-10-2011, 06:25 AM
answer my question than, how does he compare, TALENT WISE, to marat safin, federer, nadal, djokovic, nalbandian? Is he as talented as those guys? i.e. potential to be an all time great?

He's got a federerisque game ....people watch the similarity of their movements and styles and they equate that to a 'potential goat' conclusion, I too went along with that logic but the reality is he's done nothing but play similar styles to roger for people to jump to that conclusion...in all honesty his head isn't it...that might change in the future but there's nothing definitive about that..I think he's better compared with Ilie Năstase than Roger because i think his mind might stop him from accomplishing all that he can!

VolandriFan
04-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Not specifically applying this to Dmitrov as he has a lot of things working in his favour, but I'm going to go there. A single handed backhand always seems to give people a higher estimation of talent.

Dougie
04-10-2011, 07:23 AM

What do you want, exactly? How do you measure talent? Which part of anybody´s success is talent and which part hard work is always a guess. Yes, he has talent, that´s for sure, he´s got all the shots, he just needs to put it all together and get stronger mentally. It´s not guaranteed that that will happen, though.

tests
04-10-2011, 07:32 AM
What do you want, exactly? How do you measure talent? Which part of anybody´s success is talent and which part hard work is always a guess. Yes, he has talent, that´s for sure, he´s got all the shots, he just needs to put it all together and get stronger mentally. It´s not guaranteed that that will happen, though.

no i mean, lets say he does indeed put it all together, what is his potential? Do you think he can be as good as a top 5 goat? Or is this all just daydreaming

Topspindoctor
04-10-2011, 07:38 AM
He is top 20 material.

Nadull_tard
04-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Grigor is talented, so what? Natural talent is only a part of overall tennis skills, such as mental strength, endurance, speed, injury resistance.
Dimitrov has some POTENTIAL to be a top player, which doesn't mean he will ever win a "250" title.
I'm pretty sure there were dozens of extremely talented young boys in history of tennis, who have never appeared in ATP , not mentioning winning anything on that level.

San Rosso
04-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Like someone else said in this thread, when someone has a single handed backhand people tend to rate him higher talentwise. Everybody can see the similarities between him and Federer but who says that he can do it on such a high level? I doubt he can come up with the shots Federer used to come up with. I know for sure he's nowhere near as mentally strong as Federer is/was. His movement will not be as smooth as Federer movement used to be. I don't know much about his serve to be honest but I'm curious if that can match Federer's serve, and what about his volleys?

To summarize, just because he has a single handed backhand and good movement will not make him a GS winning player. Obviously the guy is talented but talent will only get you so far. We'll have to wait and see, by hyping the shit out of him it'll only add extra pressure, not that he reads MTF but I'm sure he gets compared to Federer alot by the people surrounding him.

A_Skywalker
04-10-2011, 09:14 AM
I can make a prediction for Dimitrov, he will win a few 250 and 500, one MS and no GS. He is not so good as people expect him to be and he doesn't have a champion mentality.

Filo V.
04-10-2011, 10:08 AM
He's got a lot of talent, and shotmaking ability. He has all the shots at his disposal but he doesn't yet have all the shots at a suitable level to use consistently as weapons. He's got a smooth game. But as has been said, talent is only one part of the equation. Mental toughness and hard working ability are what is key to becoming a top tier tennis player, and what Grigor needs most is experience. It's up to him to realize his potential and be the best player he can be.

tests
04-10-2011, 11:56 PM
i agree with what you guys are saying.. but someone still has not answered my question.

Is he as talented as the federers/nadals/safins/nalbandians of the world?

Topspindoctor
04-11-2011, 02:20 AM
i agree with what you guys are saying.. but someone still has not answered my question.

Is he as talented as the federers/nadals/safins/nalbandians of the world?

Why are you grouping Nadal/Olderer in the same category as Safin and Fat Dave?

To answer your question, no, he's is not as talented as any of them and he has shitty attitude to boot.

tests
04-11-2011, 02:23 AM
Why are you grouping Nadal/Olderer in the same category as Safin and Fat Dave?

To answer your question, no, he's is not as talented as any of them and he has shitty attitude to boot.

thanks for the response.

I don't get whats all the hype about him than. If he is not as talented as these other guys, than why were people crowning him as the next potential great?

Topspindoctor
04-11-2011, 02:27 AM
thanks for the response.

I don't get whats all the hype about him than. If he is not as talented as these other guys, than why were people crowning him as the next potential great?

He is hyped because he tries to imitate Olderer's game... and fails at it miserably. Because his movement, footwork, attitude, serve, return of serve and forehand are nowhere near Olderer's when he was in his prime.

Like I said, he has the weapons to be top 20, but nowhere near multiple GS winner. And to crack top 20, he needs to cut down on the drama queen attitude and develop style of play that fits his game.

tests
04-11-2011, 02:29 AM
He is hyped because he tries to imitate Olderer's game... and fails at it miserably. Because his movement, footwork, attitude, serve, return of serve and forehand are nowhere near Olderer's when he was in his prime.

Like I said, he has the weapons to be top 20, but nowhere near multiple GS winner. And to crack top 20, he needs to cut down on the drama queen attitude and develop style of play that fits his game.

yea i was watching videos of him and i noticed he tends to slip a lot? Hell, in a lot of his volleys he sort of over extends and over stretches his legs.. its kind of weird to watch.

Topspindoctor
04-11-2011, 02:33 AM
yea i was watching videos of him and i noticed he tends to slip a lot? Hell, in a lot of his volleys he sort of over extends and over stretches his legs.. its kind of weird to watch.

Because he has poor anticipation and gets wrong footed a lot. Some of his falls are as hilarious as Monfils'. Except Monfils does it on purpose in order to show off, while Dimitrov is simply as slow as a slug.

tests
04-11-2011, 02:44 AM
Because he has poor anticipation and gets wrong footed a lot. Some of his falls are as hilarious as Monfils'. Except Monfils does it on purpose in order to show off, while Dimitrov is simply as slow as a slug.

do you think lundgren said that dimitrov is better than fed at age 17 and that he has potential to be a multiple slam winner, do you think that was just sour grapes by lundgren, or does he really believe that?

tests
04-11-2011, 03:09 AM
Great post and thanks for the valuable insight. No youngster on the atp has the raw talent that Grigor has. Dimitrov isn't the kind of player that will steadily rise, he is the type of player that needs everything to click into place and off he goes into the history books. Unlike other young players he isn't limited and he has an array of shots that not many can boast about. Oh and that Forehand is something else.

@ V-Money you need a technically sound and amazing game to REALLY STAND OUT and make a real name for yourself and have a lengthy reign at the top of the game. Unlike others Grigor has variety and style on his side meaning it's harder to figure him out and he can adapt to different styles much like Federer. He will be VERY hard to beat once his talent is finally unleashed

do you really mean this? Does dimitrov really posses this type of talent?

abraxas21
04-11-2011, 03:21 AM
i agree with topspindoc.

top 20 material. might crack the top 10 when he hits his prime but i don't see him getting into the top 5.

tests
04-22-2011, 11:42 PM
meh... grigor needs to get his head together.

I wonder if he will ever win slams if he does? (he reminds me of gulbis.. tons of potential, but can't keep it together)

Allez
04-23-2012, 07:52 PM
Why was Federers_Mate banned :shrug:

EddieNero
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Dimitrov has absolutely no future ahead of him. He's going to win a MM event one day at best.

Jimnik
04-24-2012, 12:09 AM
He is the future #1 overrated talent.

Topspindoctor
04-24-2012, 12:15 AM

Because he was a clown.

v-money
04-24-2012, 01:13 AM

Banned for over the top bandwagoning.

That was honestly a terrible prediction by him and even though I did not agree with the top 10 prediction, I expected much better from Dimitrov. I hope he turns it around. Way too much talent to be ranked this poorly.

Clay Death
04-24-2012, 01:28 AM
dimitrov is a huge talent. i think he needs to play several small clay events a year in order to develop his game. it will take some time but he can do it if he is determined enough.

he is not consistent enough off the ground to be a top player. modern game requires great movement and great ground game. clay will help him with that.

Looner
04-24-2012, 01:32 AM
Spot on, CD. But he also needs to do sth else and that is work his arse off.